[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mindless Writing and Shilling of a Potential Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lonely.jpg (334KB, 1161x1549px) Image search: [Google]
lonely.jpg
334KB, 1161x1549px
"Let me tell you about a good friend of mine, let's call him Mike."

"Once upon a time, me and Mike found a bunch of books in my grandmother's attic while we were helping clean out her house."

"Mike was the first one to notice the glyphs inside the books, and the letter she'd left me."

"She said in so many words that she was sorry she was never around us. Too many enemies. Too many risks. Typical crazy granny stuff."

"Then the notes says she's leaving me books on magic, and to keep them secret. She didn't teach my dad, because... well, to be blunt, she was afraid dad didn't have the humility to know when to back off and that'd he'd kill himself."

"I thought it was a joke. Then Mike tried out a spell to make a little ball of light- basically, a wizard's reading lamp."

"It worked. Floating, blue little ball of light, not warm, but bright."

"Seeing as how I would have ignored the books if it wasn't for him, of course I shared."

"That's what friends do, right?"
>>
"There was so much crazy shit we could do. Fifteen and we were wizards. Didn't even have to remain virgin until we were 30, and for Mike, that ship had sailed already."

"I mean, the notes she left said to leave the bigger stuff for later- we didn't have the mana or the capacity to use them."

"But we could move things with our minds. Heal ourselves. Create and dismiss fire. Tell if someone was being truthful just by looking at them."

"She warned me- us- over and over in the notes, not to reveal it to anyone. I guessed with one friend in on it, that was pushing it already."

"But there were subtle ways to use the power."

"There was a bully we had, Andrew. Superintendent's son. Could get away with murder. We wanted to set him on fire or Darth Vader tk strangle him. Mike really wanted to do that last one. I had a better idea."

"There was a spell called Physical Ward. The gestures for it look like some sort of goofy martial arts pose. You can take a couple of whacks with an aluminum baseball bat without getting hurt before it goes down, and it dented the bat."

"So when Andrew was doing his usual thing- knocking down smaller kids and stomping on their heads, I made a few comments about how that was wrong, how he should pick on someone his own size, and that his mom gave great ass-to-mouth."

"He ignores the kid at his feet- a weak little kid, twig-thin, glasses broken, coughing and bleeding, and starts coming at me. He stopped when I did the motions for Physical Ward, looking at me like I'd lost my mind."

"PW as we called it didn't have any recognizable visual effect. To everyone looking at me, I was doing weeaboo bullshit that would get me killed."

"Then he punched me."
>>
>>54932730
"He held his hand screaming for a few seconds before he used his good hand to try and punch me again."

"And yes, hearing his fingers break a second time was just as satisfying as the first."

"Now, Mike had the right idea, wrong execution. I put my hand on his throat and used telekinesis to push him against the wall while I squeezed with both my hand and tk."

"Now, everyone will tell you I was just a badass who held him there until he started turning blue, but truth was, I had all these one-liners, threats, and taunts, and I just couldn't choose."

"So I let him go, and told him if I ever saw him hurt anyone ever again, I'd break him in two."

"Little bitch shat himself."

"Then of course Andrew told his father, and his father bitched out the principal, and of course, the fact that Andrew had sent three guys and one girl to the hospital that year for shit like not having enough money when he shook them down meant jack squat to the school."

"I got expelled."
>>
>>54932836
"Now, to me, that was funny. Because my parents heard the principal's side of the story- where I launched an unprovoked attack on a defenseless honor student- and then they watched the youtube video of Andrew grabbing a random kid from a table and beating on him, then stomping on him until I came along."

"Dad called a lawyer. Mom called the kids Andrew had hurt. The expulsion stood, and I went to an alternate school during the legal mess. It was rough, but watching the school go from 'he's a complete monster who attacked an innocent student' to 'well fighting is unacceptable' to 'oh please don't sue us into oblivion' was funny."

"Mike... didn't see it that way. At first, I thought he was jealous or angry at me. Then he told me he was angry because he learned something from how I was treated."

"That no good deed goes unpunished."
>>
>>54932894
"I almost felt sorry for Andrew's lawyer after the video of our fight was played. I really felt sorry for him after camera footage showed Andrew beating a girl with a sprained ankle with her own crutches."

"That same girl testified that she had to get homeschooling afterward. Mostly because she had a fractured skull and her parents were scared Andrew would kill her."

"It was really her testimony that sunk them. I mean, I was vindicated, but the judge was less sympathetic towards someone who could shrug off punches and choke a bully out one-handed than he was a girl who nearly died."

"So their case against me fell through, and Andrew had to deal with the parents of the kid he'd nearly stomped to death. Him being 18 and with his record, he was going to be tried as an adult."

"We both settled in to watch our bully- and the people who enabled him- go down in flames."
>>
"Never, ever underestimate the damage a person with no moral compass can do."

"The super and my principal were basically shitting bricks. So they decided the best thing to do was to shut up the two biggest witnesses- the girl, Nancy, and the boy Andrew headstomped unconscious, Kyle."

"The police found those two in a lake, later. Both had been shot point-blank with a shotgun, then they'd just thrown their bodies in."

"Both somehow got witnesses saying they were somewhere else during the time the detectives believed the kidnapping and killing took place."

"There were investigations and a metric-fuckton of interrogations. But if there was one thing those two were good at, it was covering their asses."

"Andrew was a sociopath and an asshole who deserved to go to jail for attempted murder. But anyone with half a brain could figure out that he, with two fractured hands and an ankle monitor, didn't have the strength or opportunity to kill those two."

"But the police found the shotgun in his closet, so that was that. He claimed his father gave it to him in case someone tried to attack him out of retaliation."

"In the end, the super sold Andrew out to save his own skin. He broke down on the stand and cried through sentencing, and despite everything, I felt sorry for him."

"He hung himself in his cell three days after being put in prison."

"Mike had been so angry I didn't think he had the presence of mind to research anything, let alone magic."

"There aren't spells to speak to the dead. That takes something else entirely. There are spells that show you where someone died, and spells to show you if someone killed another recently."

"I begged him to calm down. He promised me he would."

"Then both the super and principal's homes exploded."
>>
"Superintendent Lucien's wife had left him during the trial, taking the kids with her. They escaped, at least."

"Principal Benedict's wife and daughter stood by him, however. And the fact that a ten year old girl was collateral damage meant nothing to Mike."

"I could never prove Mike had done it. Not to the police. Not to his parents. Everyone thought it was just a gas explosion. Mike gloated about how awesome it felt to get revenge and I..."

"...he was a good guy, once. But I looked in his eyes as he laughed about how Benedict, his wife, and daughter were all burning in hell together, and I knew..."

"I knew my friend was dead."
>>
>>54932598
If you use reddit spacing in your book too, you can make it twice as long.
>>
"Waking up to several men in your room wearing body-armor and carrying guns that look straight out of Doom should have been a bad thing."

"Not for me. Not where I was at."

"The Templars wanted to know why they detected residual fire magic at both houses. Then they told me they knew my grandmother was a magus, and that I had shared her final bequeathing."

"I thought they would get Mike under control. I really did. But after I told them what he had told me, I found out two things- they were there to kill Mike, not rehabilitate him..."

"...and someone else had warned him I was going to sell him out. He was long gone, with only a faint teleportation signature that they couldn't trace."
>>
"I'd love to say that he and I had an epic showdown and that good fought evil on equal footing and won, but that's not how the world works, even with magic."

"Mike was found toadying to a nobody Diabolist looking for a go-fer. Templars have a very simple policy about anyone who fights alongside a Diabolist- shoot to kill."

"His parents still think he just ran away. How do you tell someone that their son threw in their lot with Satan's groupies and he's burning in hell now? You don't."

"I wanted to give up magic. The templars warned against that, because Grandma had enemies, and news that she left her books to her grandson traveled fast. In their way of thinking, killing me is the same as killing her, and the fact I wasn't even conceived when they had their throwdowns means nothing."

"It's been five weeks since I left home. Some clothes, and the books in an expanded backpack. Haven't looked at my cell phone. Hopefully, the people who want me dead will leave mom and dad out of this."

"Cold. Tired."

"I can feel the aether of the man who's been tailing me for about a mile now as I've walked along this snowy road. Strong. Hostile aura of intent. I might be able to take him. I might not."

"I twist to the side right as a javelin of ice narrowly misses me, and the guy, dressed like a hobo with an unkempt beard and stained winter coat, is suddenly a lot less drunk and screaming how I will pay for Grandma ruining his grand design."

"Third one this week."

"Telekinesis is my forte. A magus can shake off being held, so I throw snow, tree branches, his own ice spears back at him."

"Magic. It's the gift that keeps on taking."
>>
Not bad but:

>Imho Mike should just go crazy from the power. You know being 15 years old and robbing bank tresors with teleporting might do that. And at some point he just crosses the line.

>Niqqa wtf no Templar. Just have a magic council that takes care of shit like that.

>Explore the beginning WAY more. How they learn spells, how they indulge in their power etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.