[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Total War Warhammer General /wfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 65

File: Total_War_Warhammer_wallpaper11.jpg (796KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Total_War_Warhammer_wallpaper11.jpg
796KB, 2560x1440px
I bet somebody could make a great boardgame out of this edition.

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Old thread.
>>54905426
>>
File: 84829578245.png (327KB, 638x358px) Image search: [Google]
84829578245.png
327KB, 638x358px
Who was in the right?
>>
Reddit rat hype!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EQ1KNkpmw

New Skaven trailer
>>
>>54927525
DA GROOJ
>>
File: 1501523521124.jpg (79KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1501523521124.jpg
79KB, 736x1040px
>>54927860
As far as I know, a bit of any vampire you feed on stays with you afterwards, the issue isn't explored at great depth. Certainly a vampire can feed on a vampire without consent, Ulrika does that several times near the end of the third book to strengthen herself beyond her usual level. It still induces rapture, too, even in enemies.
>>
>>54925846
Messed up my last post. By Southern Realms, I meant Dogs of War as they fit Estalia, Tilea and Border Princes the best.

There is the New World Settlers on the map using Pirazzo's Lost Legion symbol.
>>
>>54925846
>http://kickassunblock.net/warhammer-fantasy-flight-games-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-3rd-edition-t8445953.html
How do I use that for God's sake I don't find any link
>>
File: 1471794444134.jpg (991KB, 3251x1841px) Image search: [Google]
1471794444134.jpg
991KB, 3251x1841px
Last couple OPs have been a bit salty about vidya focus. So, miniatures.
>>
If you were to utterly BTFO a Verminlord that marches with a slave host how hard would it be for a Clan leader to keep his rattos from kissing themselves and bolting?
>>
>>54928670
I meant pissing* fuck you grammarly
>>
>>54928670
Very hard. A Verminlord is seen as the living will of the Great Horned Rat, and defeating one in open battle would be horrifying to the Skaven host.

A canny and very powerful Grey Seer might be able to stop the rout before it happens, but a canny and very powerful Grey Seer would probably call up some sort of warpstorm and kill everyone present while fleeing in the ensuing chaos.
>>
>Pick up 9th Age
>Go to Adepticon for some tournament play
>First opponent is a neon haired hambeast
>She's playing Chaos warriors
>Game starts
>My archers target her Chaos Lord riding a dragon
>"These shooting at him"
>Her face turns red
>Her cheeks puff out as she inhales as deepas she can
>Screams "JUDGE!" as she starts to cry
>Judge rushes over seeing her crying
>"What happened?"
>She blubbers "Pronouns, he, pronouns!"
>Judge looks over at me
>Shrug and say "I have no idea"
>Hambeast sniffles and points her hoof like claw at me "He called my Chaos lordette a man! That's transphobia!" she bellows as she cries into her arm blubber
>Suddenly silence in the gaming hall
>Everyone turns to me
>Judge demands I leave for being transphobic
>Appeal
>Denied for not using Xe pronouns the judge prefers
>Pack my stuff up
>Walk out the room
>They start stamping their feet
>Then again
>Rush back in
>"Buddy you're a boy make a big noise Playin' in the street gonna be a big man some day You got mud on yo' face You big disgrace Kickin' your can all over the place
>they start singing
>"We will we will rock you!
>"We will we will rock you!"
>I set my stuff back up
>"Buddy you're a young man hard man Shoutin' in the street gonna take on the world some day You got blood on yo' face You big disgrace wavin' your banner all over the place"
>their face is crimson now
>"we will we will rock you!"
>"Alright"
>beat hambeast
>beat nu-male
>come in third because some fucker brought high elves
And that was the last time I played 9th age.
>>
I know there's a lore reason as to why Arcane magic is stronger than Divine magic, but is there a reason that Divine magic is so much harder to do? For example, in WFRP v2 an Apprentice Wizard can start play being able to cast a spell. However, an Initiate would have to earn 1200xp before being able to cast even petty divine magic. Not complaining about balance mind you, just wondering about the reasoning.
>>
File: 300px-ChaosDwarfDaemonsmith.png (212KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
300px-ChaosDwarfDaemonsmith.png
212KB, 300x369px
GIVE ME CHAOS DWARF'S NOW GIVE THEM TO ME!
>>
>>54929547
One requires the user to do stuff, the other requires sucking your god's (hopefully futa)cock to ask them to stuff for you?
>>
>>54929363
>That happened.
>>
>>54929671
Lurk more, newfag.

>>54929363
I prefer the "Steven Universe" ending.
>>
>>54929593
>>
If GW made AoS go back to squares, play like 6th ed fantasy, and keep its new army making and lore, would you play it or spurn them?
>>
>>54930187
Still wouldn't play unless I could use my 6ed armies.
>>
>>54930187
They would never do that. They already have a successful game, they don't need to appeal to old grognards when they have an established base.

Also, please keep AoS discussion to its own general.
>>
File: $_3 (2).jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_3 (2).jpg
86KB, 800x600px
My 4th edition collection slowly grows.
>>
>>54929547
Wizard = Just doing Magic and waving your dick around in the winds of magic willy nilly
Divine magic = Doing magic behind obfuscated walls of chanting bullshit and religious rituals, making it a touch safer but you likely don't understand what you're doing too well.
>>
>>54930187
Wrong way around, keep the rules, drop the nulore
>>
>>54930530
>keep the shittiest part of AoS
>>
>>54930187
No.
>>
File: rf 31.png (113KB, 373x335px) Image search: [Google]
rf 31.png
113KB, 373x335px
>>54930377
>AoS
>successful
>>
>>54930506
So Khorne Priests would still be using magic, yeah?
>>
File: blood god magic.png (330KB, 534x266px) Image search: [Google]
blood god magic.png
330KB, 534x266px
>>54931185
According to Tome of Corruption, that's a no. Khornate priests would probably just lead in bloody rites and angry murdersprees.
>>
>>54931938
I'd love to see a wizard devoted to khorne constantly getting spurned by his god.
>>
>>54931938
How about a wizard that just likes to look at things getting slaughtered?
>>
>>54930391
Neat
>>
File: 1469851441547.jpg (368KB, 873x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469851441547.jpg
368KB, 873x1200px
>>54931938
Could be interesting, both in a 'I love my god but he doesn't love me' way, and as a servant of Khorne would likely struggle with violent urges and rages that a weedy wizard would find troubling.

>>54932257
That's more a question of interpretation, since some areas of the gods are murky. Enjoying the sight of slaughter could be as much Slaaneshi as Khornate, it just depends on if it's for the pleasure or to feel rage.
>>
File: 1461802006059.png (229KB, 1990x810px) Image search: [Google]
1461802006059.png
229KB, 1990x810px
Switch Slaanesh and Nurgle and this is completely accurate.
>>
>>54932330
How does WFB handle Chaos Undivided, anyway? In 40k, as far as I remember, that was mostly written out.
>>
>>54932430
It exists but it's rare, hence why Archaon was important
>>
File: Morathi.jpg (130KB, 1024x537px) Image search: [Google]
Morathi.jpg
130KB, 1024x537px
>tfw no dark elf mom/gf
>>
File: 27yocux4mfeq.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
27yocux4mfeq.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>54932430
There's that cuck Belakor or whatever, Archaeon, and his entire Horde in Warhammer Total War (Whose chosen wear black armor with no god iconography, being loyal to the idea of Chaos more then the gods)
>>
>>54932430
The tribal peoples that worship Chaos mostly worship the full pantheon while warriors of chaos are mostly henotheists IIRC.
>>
File: Malekith sheds manly tears.jpg (541KB, 1472x792px) Image search: [Google]
Malekith sheds manly tears.jpg
541KB, 1472x792px
>CA fucked up Malekith's voice entirely and he now sounds exactly like Gelt

Will they ever give the poor motherfucker a break?
>>
File: 1472073584703.png (2MB, 1453x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1472073584703.png
2MB, 1453x1063px
>>54932801
>Malekith is still fucked up by the loss of his friend and that's part of why he's so paranoid and alone

I have to admit, that's actually rather sad.
>>
File: Mannfred.jpg (43KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred.jpg
43KB, 268x268px
Just what exactly is his fucking problem?
>>
File: last goodbye.jpg (3MB, 1272x3902px) Image search: [Google]
last goodbye.jpg
3MB, 1272x3902px
>>54932869
>his only friend was the last thing that kept him away from Ulthuan, Morathi and the curse of Khaine
>>
Question for /wfb/urgers - what's your headcanon?

Everyone is free to pick and choose what lore they prefer and enjoy for their own games and dudes, and I'm curious as to some of the lore that people prefer - or just flat out made up for their games because they like it better.

I'll get the ball rolling:

>Ghal-Maraz is a fake, and if the real one was ever found it would cause either a civil war or a massive falling out between the Dwarfs and the Empire.

>The Great Cataclysm of the Dwarfish Empire was caused by the Doomstones.

>Hashut belongs on the Dwarfen pantheon and is a corrupted ancestor god.

>The planet is hollow and there's a shitload going on the deeper you go.
>>
>>54932947
Do you ever think Malekith, while brooding on his throne, alone with no one but his conniving mother to recall his once-glorious past, remembers that there is nothing worse than an oathbreaker?
>>
>>54932999
Yeah. He probably uses that self-loathing to power his magic and keep himself alive.
>>
>>54929363
>being so butthurt that you're still posting that retarded copy-pasta over a month later
I think we know who the real faggot is.
>>
>>54932947
Thats actually pretty sad.
>>
File: The_Hordes_of_Chaos.jpg (514KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The_Hordes_of_Chaos.jpg
514KB, 1600x1200px
>>54932959
>what's your headcanon?

Rumours have just begun to circulate amongst the worshippers of Chaos that a new Everchosen named Archaon have been crowned.

Valkia the Bloody, joined by untold numbers of powerful Chaos Lords, is amassing a collosal horde, mostly comprised of Hung and Kurgan peoples, to assault the Great Bastion that defends Cathay.

The Skaven Under-Empire and the tunneling greenskin have dug too deep and too greedily and is now under attack by horrors from the Deep Below. As a result the dwarven race is slowly but steadily retaking its lost holds.
>>
>>54932959
>Human soldiers armed and equipped in the manner of the old State Troops of Sylvania occasionally march alongside the undead hordes of the Vampire Counts

>Bretonnian lords sometimes get away with using crude cannons and hiring mercenaries, but if this becomes known they face censure and even banishment

>Druchii occasionally trade and treat with other nations, usually clandestinely with smugglers and pirates - few ports would openly allow a druchii ship. Usually this is to obtain some rare artifact or other useful item, or as part of an illicit deal to somehow directly or indirectly threaten Ulthuan

>Dwarves vary slightly by region outside of the World's Edge Mountains - the Grey Mountain Dwarves share some cultural traits with Bretonnians, the Dwarves of Kraka Drak with Norscans, and the Dwarves of lost Karak Zorn have taken on their own mysterious traditions

>Taal in areas outside of Talabecland sometimes 'cleans up' to have more of a foothold in urban life so none loose connection with such an important deity. Temples still have rough-hewn stone or carved wood walls, and encourage getting back to nature, but take on a more reserved tone and focus more on weather, seasons, and other things even city dwellers can take interest in. Less of a druidic bent, though most traditional priests mock and despise this.
>>
>>54932959
>end times never happened
>>
>>54929363
Atleast make your bait a bit less obvious
>>
>>54933625
Anon, he ended the greentext with a Queen song. I don't think he was trying to be anything beyond obvious. In fact - dare I say it - I think he was trying to be humorous.
>>
>>54933625
>Confuses comedy for bait
>>
>>54932999
>>54932947
>>54932801
So someone explain Malekiths story to me

AFAIK, he was an Elven Prince and an Explorer who amended relations with the dwarves and travelled far and wide across the world, but he was found lacking by the sword of rulership or w/e and it fucking cooked him alive, so his insane coke addict mom bound his soul to a suit of armor?
>>
>>54932999
That's some heavy shit, Anon.

This is why Malekith was always the best villain, and why he should have had the Darth Vader end.
>>
It's hard to see a relation between the Malekith who was bro's with Snorri and the Malekith who schemed and betrayed his nation.

All he had to fucking do was wait. If he had legitimately crushed the pleasure cults and executed his mother, the people would have clamored for him to be king.
>>
>>54933653
>>54933651
well fug
>>
>>54927557

>graphic depictions of Lizardmen torturing/killing them

That's probably just me but I have occasionally felt uneasy with the depictions of violence in the fluff. The slapstick fun like goblins volunteering as live ammunition for catapults or gnoblars being accidentally squished by drunken ogres is fine because it's obviously not meant to be taken seriously but at other times it is borderline sadistic. I remember a particularly graphic story in one of the end times books about thousands of slaves being trampled to death or hacked to pieces in an ineffectual attack in Karak Eight Peaks and their mangled bodies being thrown into a pit like garbage. That was pretty disgusting to read.
>>
>>54933816
it reminds me of teenage edg
>>
>>54932430
>In 40k, as far as I remember, that was mostly written out.
Good news everyone, Chaos Undivided is back to canon, led by Logar himself.

>>54932538
>See Skaven trailer in the TW channel.
>One of the most voted comments is someone waifuing a female dark elf.
>>
>>54933422
>>Human soldiers armed and equipped in the manner of the old State Troops of Sylvania occasionally march alongside the undead hordes of the Vampire Counts.
Imma goin' to have to steal that for my own headcanon.

>Bretonnian lords sometimes get away with using crude cannons and hiring mercenaries, but if this becomes known they face censure and even banishment

Would make a neat piece of fluff if some of the crusader states left behind in Araby basically were created as a result of or mantained by Bretonnian Lord sent in to exile as a result of using cannons and mercenaries.

>Druchii occasionally trade and treat with other nations, usually clandestinely with smugglers and pirates - few ports would openly allow a druchii ship. Usually this is to obtain some rare artifact or other useful item, or as part of an illicit deal to somehow directly or indirectly threaten Ulthuan.

I could totally see the druchii go about trade agreements with various people in a similar manner as the carthaginians did with that african people:
>The Carthaginians unload their wares and arrange them on the beach; then they re-board their boats and light a smoky fire. When the native inhabitants see the smoke, they come to the shore and, after setting out gold in exchange for the goods, they withdraw. The Carthaginians disembark and examine what the natives have left there, and if the gold appears to them a worthy price for their wares, they take it with them and depart; if not, they get back on their boats and sit down to wait while the natives approach again and set out more gold, until they satisfy the Carthaginians that the amount is sufficient. Neither side tries to wrong the other, for the Carthaginians do not touch the gold until it equals the value of their goods, nor do the natives touch the goods until the Carthaginians have taken away the gold.
Just have them steal the people at the end.
>>
>>54933786
He panicked when he realized Bel Shanaar favored Imrik and would probably name him as his successor.
Other elven princes were even more afraid of Malekith after he became famous across the world and they would most likely choose Imrik as Phoenix King, forever fucking up Malekith's plans of militarizing elves and preparing them for the return of Chaos.
His mother just stoked his fears and persuaded him to assassinate Bel Shanaar.
>>
>>54930718
Guys, guys, the lore AND rules suck.
>>
>>54933816
It's a violent setting. However if you look at some of earth's history you'll see that unneccesary amounts of violence happen all the time.
Have some delightful quotes from Kings of Assyria:
>I flayed as many nobles as had rebelled against me [and] draped their skins over the pile [of corpses]; some I spread out within the pile, some I erected on stakes upon the pile … I flayed many right through my land [and] draped their skins over the walls.

>In strife and conflict I besieged [and] conquered the city. I felled 3,000 of their fighting men with the sword … I captured many troops alive: I cut off of some their arms [and] hands; I cut off of others their noses, ears, [and] extremities. I gouged out the eyes of many troops. I made one pile of the living [and] one of heads. I hung their heads on trees around the city.

>I cut their throats like lambs. I cut off their precious lives (as one cuts) a string. Like the many waters of a storm, I made (the contents of) their gullets and entrails run down upon the wide earth. My prancing steeds harnessed for my riding, plunged into the streams of their blood as (into) a river. The wheels of my war chariot, which brings low the wicked and the evil, were bespattered with blood and filth. With the bodies of their warriors I filled the plain, like grass. (Their) testicles I cut off, and tore out their privates like the seeds of cucumbers.
>>
>>54933890
CA makes pretty good waifus for an RTS.
>>
>tfw working on the 4chan TW:WH wiki.
Its so comfy :3
>>
>>54932249
>day 3483
>khornepai has not yet noticed me
>>
>>54933816
If you are bothered by skaven being slaughtered in droves then i don't want to know what you must think of real life humans
>>
>>54934081
To be fair Assyrians were prime assholes.
>>
>>54934167
True, they deserved getting WW0.1'd.
>>
File: 1482929389578.jpg (214KB, 862x605px) Image search: [Google]
1482929389578.jpg
214KB, 862x605px
>>54932878
jealousy breeds envy
>>
>>54933816
You and every other American born since the 80's.
>>
File: 1502904435257.jpg (94KB, 960x664px) Image search: [Google]
1502904435257.jpg
94KB, 960x664px
>>54932801
Hardly an expert on Warhammer Fantasy as I've only gotten into because Total War but I passed baseless judgement on Malekith and friends as bad dudes because of appearance and the word dark.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Dark Elf history and is Malekith best boy?

While we're here I suppose if anyone wants to recommend some ways I dig into the lore I'd appreciate it, I've been casually reading some of the role-playing books and they offer a bit of insight.
>>
>>54934304
You could start by reading one of the army books or wiki articles.
>>
>>54929363
>come in third because some fucker brought high elves
are high elves good in 9th age?
>>
>>54933422
>Human soldiers armed and equipped in the manner of the old State Troops of Sylvania occasionally march alongside the undead hordes of the Vampire Counts

you too huh? i always figured this would happen since there are still lots of humans around in sylvania.
>>
>>54932878
All his problems started when GW decided to make him bald.
>>
File: dark elves.png (54KB, 288x178px) Image search: [Google]
dark elves.png
54KB, 288x178px
>>54934304
>>
>>54934304
He was, but he turned into a shithead

Basically:

>Malekith was the son of a great hero and Pheonix King
>asked for the right to follow in his fathers footsteps
>because of politicks and shit, the princes vote no, and some milquetoast dude becomes king
>Malekith takes this in stride and is the first to swear alleigance to the new king, while his mom, whose kind of lost her shit since her husband dies, flips out and goes reee
>Malekith does some stuff for a while, earning a name for himself, then decides everyone would be happier if he wasn't hanging around making things awkward with the new King and goes exploring
>Travels the world, fighting evil, fucking bitches. Becomes best bro's withe King of the Dwarves, Snorri Whitebeard, their races profit greatly for their partnership
>Finds a magical iron crown in ancient norscan ruins, very magical, becomes obsessed with unlocking it's powers. Spoilers, it's corrupted by Chaos!
>Eventually his Bro Snorri dies of old age, Malekith is very sad. Snorri is canonically his last 'true' friend
>Meanwhile back home shit is going bad. Because of how prosperous they are, the Elves are getting lazy and degenerate. Pleasure cults are starting to take over and things are uneasy.
>Malekith returns home and puts his foot down, assists the pheonix king in chastening the cultists, not afraid of political backlash or court shit
>Finds out his Mom is behind the cults, has her imprisoned
>At some point however, he changes sides
>gives mom Clemency in exchange for control of the cults
>uses them to subvert Elven government from the Inside out, all the while gaining more and more admiration from the people and the courts for fighting them
>Eventually requests emergency powers to command the armies to fight revolts springing up
>>
>>54934304
Read the army books and wargame rulebooks for good stories, "official canon", and to avoid pissing off the tabletop purity autists. The wikis are a decent place to get summaries but they're pretty horribly organized depending on what you're looking up. The RPG books give you a good overview of the setting but if you want characters you gotta read the army books.
>>
>>54933662
Malekith was a great hero to the elves but due to the rather dark and bitter last days of his father the other princes of Ulthuan decided that there was a risk of Malekith being dark and cruel like his homeland of Nagarythe. Bel-Shanar was therefore elected Phoenix King which set Malekith on his path of treachery, kin-slaying, murder and madness.
>>
>>54933816
You're forgetting the heavy Aztek inspiration that the Lizardmen have going. Not to mention that if there's any race that they hate more than daemons, it's Skaven.
>>
>>54934386
>Convenes the sena- I mean, Princes
>Announces that the KING was behind the cults all along, and he's commited sudoku by poison (actually assassinated by Malekith), and he's taking control to prevent more bloodshed
>Princes call bullshit
>Malekiths followers burst in, bloody fighting break out in the council chambers
>Malekith announces I'M THE PHEONIX KING NOW
>Enters the flame of Asuryan to be rightfully baptized as king and claim the thrown
>Asuryan (Elf God) says "lol nah" and burns the FUCK out of Malekith, he won't stop screaming
>Malekiths survivors escape with him, still burning and screaming
>Elf realm is in Chaos, cult revolt has taken on life of it's own
>Malekith survives on pure pissed off now
>His mom has a traitor smith use the hammer of vaul, the hammer of the literal god of elf smithing, to make a suit of armor to him
>he is physically bound to his armor
>Now Elf-Vader, returns and tries to sieze control of Elf Land by force
>Gets BTFO by the new king hastily elected, a pretty bro dude
>Sent packing across the ocean on a flying castle, shaking his fist

His history after that is basically a long series of dick moves and betrayals, including purposefully starting a War between the High Elves and the Dwarven Kingdoms of his old friends to suit his purposes.

TL,DR; he's Sheev, Vader, and Dr. Doom rolled into one.
>>
>>54934437
And honestly, the ultimate sad Irony is if he had legitimately done his job and simply waited, he probably would have been elected king by popular support, having basically saved the nation.

In End Times lore, which /tg/ hates, it's even noted that he WAS Asuryan's chosen, and if he had stayed in the fire and not bitched out, he would have become King. My theory is the sacred flame was burning the evil out of him, seeped into his soul from his mothers malice, his own bitterness, and the iron crown of the north.
>>
>>54934314
>>54934380
>>54934386
>>54934389
Thanks for the breakdown my guy and thanks all for the directions, ill probably grab an army book at random and see how it goes.
>>
They got Queekish (skaven language) all fucking wrong. It's supposed to be verbs and nouns they repeat, not just random fucking words.
Also, the fucks going on with Queeks voice? In the opening cinematic his voice is deep and sinister, very fitting for a savage animal, but in game it completely changed to that of some regular dregs skaven. I get it's supposed to be chittering, ect, but it just dies not fit in my opinion.
>>
>>54934386
>>54934437
I like the way you write.
Can you rundown the lizards now?
>>
File: 1466623421522.jpg (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466623421522.jpg
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>54934454
>tfw Gav Thorpe shits on decades of lore where Malekith was the ultimate destroyer of elven civilization just to make him the ACTUAL good guy
>>
>>54934496
>space frogs create lizard servants
>have other frogs rule them
>lizards are autistic
>frogs accidentally destroy the dwarven empire
>lizards really hate rats

Not him so let's wait and see what enjoyable stuff he writes.
>>
File: 1502551026445.png (102KB, 527x431px) Image search: [Google]
1502551026445.png
102KB, 527x431px
Those hellpit abominations look cool and all but I wonder how they'll hold up to Net of Amyntok and the Silver Bullets
>>
>>54934515
You gave me a chuckle.
>>
Please tell me hellpit explodes into rats when it dies? Or can revive or somthing cool. The "too horrific to die" chart is one of my favorite things about WHFB
>>
>>54934520
it has regen
So bring a bright wizard.
I love the bright wizard lines too.
Flame, On
>>
>>54934559
50/50 chance of getting back up or spawning a unit of clanrats.
That thing is gonna be horrifying.
>>
>>54934574
Weird they wouldn't just have regular giant rats in this yet. The goblin spider queen summons regular spiders
>>
>>54934304
The Dark Elves are as evil as you assumed.

Go read the Malus Darkblade omnibus, and also Elfslayer.
>>
>>54934496
>>54934515
>long ago when the old world was made of shit, ice, and dinosaurs
>magical fucking time lords came from outerspace and decided it was a good fixer upper
>So they genetically engineered servants for them - first the Slaan, magical telepathic pepe's who could commune with them directly and then send their plans out to the others
>Skinks, clever and dexterous, to be the engineers and overseers
>Saurians to be the warriors and laborers
>The Magical Time Lords, called the Old Ones, built two portals at either pole of the world to give them access, and set the Lizardmen about massacring native species they didn't want around and building large pyramids at very specific locations in order to channel the magic of geomantic leylines
>Directed by The Time Lords, the Lizardmen built an advanced civilization on Lustria while the elves squatted in huts and shit in the woods
>but everything changed when the fire nation attacked
>>
>>54934590
Eh, there's not much point in having a bunch of rats that you have to animate seperately for a one off unit. Plus, they translated the 2horrible2die thing pretty well into the game.
>>
>>54934490
Sometimes they double other words, though it's typically just nouns and verbs.
>>
>>54932801
This is the 4th time this has happened in TWW, and its happened before in other total war games. CA must have different contracts for trailer voice actors and in-game ones, or something stupid like that. Its a damn shame though, Malekith's voice in the trailer was perfect.
>>
>>54934614
>The Old World had not yet been shit up by Chaos
>Chaos decided to change that
>It was through the magical polar gates erected by the Old Ones that it first crept into the world
>Chaos, being chaos, destroyed the polar gates, which had the unfortunate side effect of imploding and sucking the top and bottom of the planet into nothingness and ripping open tears into the primordial fuck you we call the chaos wastes
>with essentially no barrier between the Old World and wherever the fuck Chaos was from, Daemons came pouring through and started murdering everyone
>Every race on the planet was suddenly being invaded by chaos doom stacks of demons and shit
>It was the worst in Lustria, and the Lizardfolk fought cataclysmic wars for literally centuries while WMD tier spells got flung back and forth
>Eventually though, Chaos started to fuck with the pure strands of magic, which fucked with the Slanns ability to caste spells
>this combined with the fact the Demons were literally limitless drove the Lizardfolk back to their pyramid citadels
>For a while this held the Demons off because they were in a big magical daisy chain, each reinforcing the other
>Eventually though, they figured out a way in, and slaughtered everything and destroyed the pyramid, which weakened all the others
>and the next
>and the next
>after a thousand years, only a few Lizard folk cities were left
>At Itza, Lord Kroak, the last Slann who had ever actually seen the old ones, defended his city
>eventually though Chaos took the city, and it took a dozen bloodthirsters blessed by Khorne himself to take down Kroak.
>Even after they tore him apart, he reeee'd so hard his fucking ghost spell nuked them and saved the city
>meanwhile, the High Elves were up to some shit, and successfully created the Maelstrom, essentially a massive magical sink hole to suck away all the chaos pouring into the world
>with their magic being sucked away, the Demons vanished
>but the lizards were pretty fucked
>>
>>54934386
>>54934437
Good summary, but you missed his Oath to Snorri that he'd ensure the Eternal friendship of eves and dwarfs.
Him breaking that particular oath caused Snorri to REEEEE so hard that he beat Kroak to the self resurrecting punch
>>
>>54934675
>lizards take stock after war
>shits pretty fucked captain
>the jungles all corrupted and shit
>also, the Slann can't concentrate like they used to, don't remember as much of the great plan, and are getting sleepy
>Slann put the skink's in charge and have them start rebuilding the place while they have a think and a nap
>Slann proceed to nap for the next several thousand years
>the ever cheerful skinks slowly rebuild everything they can, but without context, the Old Ones become 'Gods' they build primitive religions around, and no one knows how any of the relics work
>occasionally the Slann will fart and wake up and mumble something and the skinks will flip out and try to interpret it
>Often to hilarious results
>and by hilarious I mean, decide the Slann told them to murder everyone who ever sets foot on Lustria
>Those wacky skinks
>blip
>Meanwhile the Mammals are doing shit like "building societies" and other wierd crap
>they keep showing up and trying to loot the place
>eventually this irritates one Slann enough he wakes up
>>
I'm confused, is this an oldWarhammer general or a Total Warhammer general? Because there's a Total War general on /vg/.
>>
>>54934958
...yes...
>>
>>54934958
oldWarhammer, though that's a weird term for it.
>>
File: Maiden Lucina.png (140KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Maiden Lucina.png
140KB, 1280x768px
>>54934958
Just Warhammer.
>>
>>54934958
Old hammer, I'm pretty sure the guy from the last thread that got a case of salty butt blast from people mentioning the video game made the passive aggressive title
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>54934958
Shoo shoo, smegposter, back to your dead thread for your dead game.
>>
File: 1501813373496.jpg (2MB, 1472x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1501813373496.jpg
2MB, 1472x1716px
>>54934991
I think it's another anon just fucking with him, like when I used SCREAMING with ROCKS as the OP.
>>
>>54935014
Nice to see Tenacious D. is still relevant.
>>
I suggest we merge both WHFB and AoS threads together.
>>
>>54935072
I suggest you leave.
>>
>>54935077
I suggest you be more open minded. Breaking up the community hurts us all.
>>
>>54935084
its a different setting. It is a different community.
>>
File: I love rule 63.png (452KB, 642x1328px) Image search: [Google]
I love rule 63.png
452KB, 642x1328px
>>54935072
>I suggest we merge two incompatible game systems and fanbases that hate each other
>>
>>54935072
That's an excellent way to cause issues.

See >>54935088
>>
File: 1502640983647.jpg (95KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
1502640983647.jpg
95KB, 800x760px
>>54935072
>>
>>54935090
I think each segment of the fanbase who hate each other are the minority. Most of us just want to talk about our respective fluff or system, its just the more angry members of both sides stomp on the mellow side of each. Then dialogue collapses. I love both.
>>
File: 8b6.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8b6.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>54935030
>>
>>54935072
We don't need Warcraft lore here, this is a Warhammer thread.
>>
>>54935084
Anything that hurts you makes me glad.
>>
>>54935090
Only unity and understanding can resolve the hate.
>>
File: 1502736995844.jpg (260KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
1502736995844.jpg
260KB, 1136x811px
How plausible was it for a Mortal to be summoned into the Great Game and survive? I am not sure if it just hear say but I think Champions of Chaos who were mortal could be summoned to fight for their own respective god in the Realm of Chaos.

Could this possibly include fighting on the forefront of a daemonic invasion of another god? Or even in the realm of pic related?
Cause that would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>54935139
No, only a time machine and prevention of the end times and age of Sigmar can resolve the hate.
But now it'll always be there.
>>
>>54935145
Khorne periodically summons mortals to his realm against their will There they will fight until death or daemonhood.
>>
>>54935139
>>54935072

This has been tried, it doesn't work. AoS players tend to discuss AoS rules and miniature releases, WFB tend towards edition discussions and conversions, WFRPs love lore debates and what-ifs, and TWWers focus on in game tactics and rosters.

As a single thread, it collapsed in on itself. Even still having three bound into one is a bit much.
>>
>>54935184
It collapsed because of the slavshitposter. Now he is gone, it can be done.
>>
>>54935191
No, people still hate Age of Smeg.
>>
>>54935191
Nope. Stop trying to latch your dead game, dead setting, dead thread into ours.
>>
/vg/ stay in /vg/
DEAD GAME GETS NO GENERAL
>>
File: Daft can't be this serious.png (1MB, 826x738px) Image search: [Google]
Daft can't be this serious.png
1MB, 826x738px
>>54935072
>I suggest we merge both WHFB and AoS threads together.

Nigga I dont even come here often and thats a bad idea
>>
Thanks anon for your greentext lore summers anon. I love rereading these and reliving lore in a humerus way. 1d4chan used to be funny like these until I noticed age of skubmar page got changed to stop tears from shills.
>>
>>54935209
You will not divide us.
>>
>>54935219
>Generals ar okay as long as they are what I like
>>
>>54935230
GW did that already quite handily.
>>
File: Realm_of_Chaos.jpg (243KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Realm_of_Chaos.jpg
243KB, 700x500px
>>54935156
That's pretty metal but also kind of wasteful. So could it be possible to have mortals in the realm of chaos in a scene like pic related?
>>
>>54935191
Oh no, I'm still here. You just don't need me anymore.
>>
>>54935224
You want a real laugh, go look at the Archaon article that that faggot derpy watches like a hawk.
>>
>>54935259
You are not slav. Slavs cannot into English. It's known.
>>
I am Carnac!
>>
>>54934454
>In End Times lore, which /tg/ hates, it's even noted that he WAS Asuryan's chosen, and if he had stayed in the fire and not bitched out, he would have become King.
This is completely idiotic for a numbers of reasons. The most prominent for me is that for SOME REASON Asuryan kept Malekith as his chosen one despite Malekith failing the test Asuryan put up for him and proving himself unworthy of being phoenix king. The whole malekith story in end times is contrarian bullshit that Thorpe came up with while taking a shit because he had no idea how to wrap it up and out of pure spite towards the fanbase
>>
>>54935345
No, I'M Carnac!
>>
>>54935353
Should have just killed him off like that prophecy said.
Speaking of, is that even a thing anymore?
>>
>>54935374
I doubt it. I'd wager they tossed all the old plot threads out with the swap.
>>
I like the old Ghouls more than the new ones, though I do like their big brother Crypt Horrors. The old ghouls looked like they could be anything from the recently-turned that can act as normal humans on the behalf of Strigoi, to several generations of inbreeding and feral cannibalism, even more so with a little green stuff to add clothes. But the new ones all look like monsterous Smeagol knockoffs that can barely hold a weapon, and I'm skeptical if they're ever treated as ghouls that only recently turned because of that - they just look too dramatically devolved.

But at the same time, I can see why the change was made. They look more distinct now, especially from zombies. GW obviously wanted to up the feral side of them, and considering where they went with them in AoS, it's not unfair to see them as like mini-Strigoi. I could see using both types together.
>>
>>54935374
He was shot by Alith Anar an stomped by Tyrrion but not killed by mage.
>>
File: Ghoul_(Classic_Old).jpg (57KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul_(Classic_Old).jpg
57KB, 873x627px
>>54935390
Shit, forgot pic.
>>
>>54935353
End Times Khaine was written by Ward, not Gav.
>>
>>54935374
The setting's dead, so it's up to you.
Me, playing exclusively 6th ed. and basing my lore on 6th ed and WFRP, still consider it a thing
>>
>>54935402
This is not an improvement
>>
>>54934304
Army Books are where I've gotten 90% of the lore I know, I definitely suggest those.
>>
File: coolsteel.jpg (257KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
coolsteel.jpg
257KB, 680x671px
I want to do bretonnians but no more models :(
>>
The Epic of Skabbius campaign when?

>the most famous Skaven slave revolt occurred in Skavenblight. Slaves from many clans rose up, following Skabbicus, a slave turned warrior, who promised a better existence. Legions of armored Stormvermin assaulted down narrow tunnels to suppress the rebellion, but the slaves held firm. They might have gained freedom had not the devious Council of Thirteen announced a pardon for any who desisted and pointed out their leader. It is said that over 10,000 Skavenslaves pointed out Skabbicus and watched their former commander get cut down and eaten. The promised pardon was quickly forgotten and the following retribution was predictably brutal.
>>
>>54935390
You can have a good compromise by painting the new ghouls with pink skin rather than mud green
>>
File: Alith Anar Sombri.jpg (20KB, 322x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alith Anar Sombri.jpg
20KB, 322x480px
>>54935391
Based Alith Anar.
>>
>>54935391
Reclis failed ritual to stop the vortex ended when him crushed and having his personality and memories taken by the Warp effectively ending Malekith.

From the ruin of Malekith, Malerion rose.
>>
>>54934304
Dark elves lore, just like evrything else, changes a lot from armybook to armybook, and has no consistency.

Dartk elves are basically chaos-worshipping evil incarnate elves, who like to play with jagged knives and flaying blades on their victims.
They also have blood rituals and cults of pleasure.
>>
File: lol.jpg (38KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
38KB, 400x346px
>>54935427
Skaven never disappoint
>>
File: Malekith-0.jpg (681KB, 1087x2193px) Image search: [Google]
Malekith-0.jpg
681KB, 1087x2193px
>>54935374
>‘Destiny,’ said the Witch King, ‘is a lazy device invented by simpleton philosophers, endorsed by inadequate playwrights and poets, and thrown around by half-blind mages. The gods rarely care to interfere in the life of a single mortal, and the wider universe certainly does not pause in its cycle or shape itself for the betterment of a single person. If one believes in destiny, one forfeits the right to choose a path, giving away all credit and taking no blame for one’s actions.’

-Malekith the wise

Only idiots and cowards believe in fate and prophecy. Even if they are true, one must never give up the fight to decide one's future. So speaks the Witch King.
>>
File: 1461682778222.jpg (256KB, 724x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1461682778222.jpg
256KB, 724x1023px
>>54935478
Malekith is no my king he is incestuous usurper and probably chaos worshipper as well , Asuryan and Isha not Khaine and Atharti a ok, praise Hoeth.
>>
>>54935354
I'm Carnac and so's my wife
>>
>>54935583
And I a Carnac's wife's son.
>>
I' d probably trade Carnac back for NiceDeaemonette. No joke
>>
File: Teclelis.jpg (822KB, 1402x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Teclelis.jpg
822KB, 1402x1360px
>>54935529
>Teclelis

Bow to your king, nephew.
>>
>>54935606
I missed the ND train. Personally I miss Anymouse and his bastard offspring That Damn Mouse.
>>
>>54935606
what happened to ND?
>>
>>54935647
She got banned, AFAIK
>>
File: 1488427058121.png (268KB, 277x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488427058121.png
268KB, 277x326px
>if we aren't talking about the video game
>we are talking about /tg/-celebs and tripfags
The absolute state of /wfg/.
>>
>>54935668
What else are we to discuss?
Dead tabletop game?
>>
>>54935647
>>54935665
Last I heard she lurked /m/ now
>>
>>54935668
It's just turning the wheels until 4ed comes out, brother.
>>
>>54935665
why?
Is it permanent?
>>
apparently gutter runners are missile infantry. Were they able to do projectile attacks in tabletop?
>>
>>54935841
Didn't they have slings and throwing stars?
>>
>>54935841
You weren't supposed to let them get charged.
>>
>>54935841
Yea poison slings out of no where we're hilarious. Warp poison stars as well.
>>
>>54925846

Not sure if this is the place to post it-- I have been making top-down counters for Warmaster since I don't have the money for proper minis. Anyone interested in me posting those?
>>
>>54936194
Poison attacks can really fuck you up in tabletop
>>
>>54936195
Go for it brother.
>>
>>54936211
I fucking loved it. I was severely underwhelmed with it in TWW. I hope it gets a rework. My rats in table top always had poison when able. Many people hated eshin assassin's in table top but with a little luck and poison, he turned an unthreatening unit into a blender.
>>
File: 1k Bretonian Army.png (66KB, 975x767px) Image search: [Google]
1k Bretonian Army.png
66KB, 975x767px
>>54936216

First up, one of my favorite armies: Bretonia.
>>
File: 1k Orc Army.png (77KB, 975x767px) Image search: [Google]
1k Orc Army.png
77KB, 975x767px
>>54936283

I still feel as though I could've packed even more Knights into that list-- but at the same time having at least some meatbuffers to lock down the enemy is probably good.

Next up: Orks.
>>
>>54936283
>Peasants and bowmen are semi-disorganised masses
>Men at arms are neatly ranked.

It's a little touch, but I like it.
>>
File: 1k High Elf Army.png (42KB, 975x767px) Image search: [Google]
1k High Elf Army.png
42KB, 975x767px
>>54936302

High Elves next.

Right now I've made really basic lists but eventually I'll have tokens for all available units in an army list.
>>
File: 1k Beastmen Army.png (74KB, 975x767px) Image search: [Google]
1k Beastmen Army.png
74KB, 975x767px
>>54936310

Thanks. I did that with the Beastmen as well-- Gor Herds are relatively disorganized, Bestigors get rank-and-file and even a standard bearer.
>>
File: 1502580568275.png (120KB, 450x409px) Image search: [Google]
1502580568275.png
120KB, 450x409px
What was the Dark Elf chick with the Ninja Mask and armor in the Skaven trailer, a a female dreadlord, assassin?
>>
>>54936353
dreadlord (female)
>>
File: 1k Tilean Army.png (57KB, 1255x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1k Tilean Army.png
57KB, 1255x1289px
>>54936351

Last one-- Tilean Dogs of War. This was the first one I did so it is a bit of a mess.

I also have an Empire one but I really hated it so I'm trying again.
>>
>>54936361

Is there a female dreadlord mini?
>>
>>54936195
>>54936283
>>54936302
>>54936330
I like these so far. I'd play a a game with you. I used glass beads for a while before I found an army for cheap on ebay. As long as your opponent agrees to line of sight rules and ect, it's just as fun. Though I think these could be used very well on an online program to play also (which I'm looking for if anyone's got recomendations)
>>
>>54936388
I doubt it.
CA also made a glade lady and high elf princess as Lord options.
>>
>>54936389

Yeah, though they're sized up for printing (you may need to muck with settings a bit, but they should be 20mmx40mm) they work just as well as Roll20 tokens. Even better, with Roll20 you can bake in special rules and more stats.

I'd play with you sometime, I can never get enough Warmaster.

Also taking suggestions as to which army I should do next-- Empire needs to be rejiggered, and I ran into a stone wall with Skaven re: their somewhat unique posture and shape. I could probably do Kislev, Dwarves, Wood elves easily enough.
>>
>>54934499
The Dark Elf army books always said that Malekith was the true king and that Bel Shanaar comitted suicide like a bitch because he was weak :^)
>>
File: Teclis.jpg (337KB, 853x786px) Image search: [Google]
Teclis.jpg
337KB, 853x786px
>>54935620
Only if you let me cum into your mom, uncle.
>>
>>54932959
I remember reading something once about how Brettonians are so goddamn chivalrous/backed up by Lake Lady magic that bullets affect them less than other men, namely because they don't understand how a tiny piece of metal could hurt them, compared to an honest arrow. Is there any hint of this in the lore, or was it totally bullshit?
>>
>>54936523
>the good guys were a bunch of murderous slavers that kill each other for fun
And yet to every elf bowing down to him was preferable than getting closer to those filthy humans.
Kill them all.
>>
>>54937480
The explanation is wrong, but the Lady explicitly manifests miracles to sabotage 'dishonorable' firms of attack. Not every time, but often enough to be a tactical consideration. This is known to work on arrows, bolts, shot, and even cannonballs.
>>
>>54937480
The lore is mostly written by ignorant tools to justify stupid shit, like:

>Bretonnians don't use missile weapons
>wouldn't they get wrecked by anyone who actually fights using them?
>no, because MAGIC
>later
>maybe we should give Bretonnians missile weapons
>nooooooooo, MAGIC cultural stupidity!
>>
File: doubt.jpg (9KB, 118x129px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
9KB, 118x129px
>>54936556
>selling out your whole country and race to Satan for the most used pussy in the world

What did Teclis mean by this?
>>
>>54933786
>just kill your own mom bro it's easy
>>
>>54937888
So you have any idea how many kegels a woman her age could have done?
>>
>>54936283
>>54936302
>>54936330
>>54936351
>>54936363

These are fucking cool. The Warmaster rulebook only has High Elves and Orcs in it, though. Where did you get the others?
>>
File: hellpit.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
hellpit.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Fucking gross.
>>
>>54934499
Sounds like Abaddon.
>>
>>54938266
What? I don't really follow 40k lore.
What happened?
>>
>>54934675
I like the part where Kroak gets torn apart and then goes "You know what? Fuck that, I'm Lord motherfucking Kroak" and literally deletes an infinite army from existence.

God I miss Lizardmen. Bought the 7th ed codex in like fifth grade and had a fucking blast.
>>
>>54934980
Blonde Lucina just looks wrong.
>>
>>54938163
Don't question skaven engineering.
>>
>>54938301
Apparently the new Black Legion book by Chaos superfan ADB has him as a honorable, wise, dindu nuffin champion whose rebellion was justified, his failures were retconned away, and the Chaos Gods themselves fear him.
>>
>>54938163
That's so skaven!
Anyways, so what IS Hellpit abomination made off?
A bunch of skaven or something else?
>>
>>54938163
I thing it's kinda sweet.
>>
>>54938301
Aaron Demski Bowden happened.

Abaddon a gud boy dindu nuffin now.
>>
>>54938418
The base creature is a blind ground wyvern.
>>
>>54938513
Ground wyvern?
>>
>>54938108
Kegels can only do so much.
>>
>>54938163
>Animator who has spent his entire career at the company animating ye olde human on human combat
>Suddenly has to figure out a way to make that shit move convincingly

S/he did a decent job.
>>
>>54938418
Pretty much what they can get their hands on and then slap some warpstone salve on it until it can me towards the enemy.
>>
>>54938528
Do you reckon her hymen gets restored when she dunks herself in her cauldron tho?
>>
>>54938418
You ever a make a 'whatever we have in the cupboard' stew? It's basically that, but with surgery/genetic engineering.
>>
>>54938529
I gotta wonder how much fun these guys had making this. So much realism and then being told demons and monsters and fucking death metal meat grinder battles.
>>
>>54938557
Probably, but she's so loose it doesn't even get torn anymore.
>>
File: Estalia.jpg (484KB, 2050x2029px) Image search: [Google]
Estalia.jpg
484KB, 2050x2029px
Estalia when?
>>
>>54938417
Dude, the book has Khayon lamenting the changes that happened to Abaddon when be picked up Drach'nyen. The influence of Chaos Gods and Drach'nyen warped Abaddon. Dulling the nobility of Abaddon and exchanging it for dark rage and ambition.

>his failures were retconned away

Old and new fluff, Abaddon did not fail.

>and the Chaos Gods themselves fear him.

They fear what he can become if he is allowed to win without submitting to them. So the Chaos Gods will deny him victory unless he bows to them.

>He is justified

Only from his point of view and Khayon's. Lets be honest the Emperor behaviour towards the primarchs and legions lends some justification to what they did.

>>54938524
Sort kind of underground dragonoid
>>
>>54938609
After Tilea, which is after ogres, which is after kangz, which is after the crusader states.
>>
>>54938651
Wouldn't ogres be after chaos dorfs?
>>
>>54938573
I imagine it's been a nice change of pace for them creatively, especially if the rumours are true and GW has chilled out a bit about their IP since CA started to raking in so much $$$ from TWW
>>
>>54938672
There are no chaos dwarfs, just a bunch of black orcs
>>
I feel mighty stupid now. I decided to make a more elite Chaos Dwarf army and use Black Orcs as shock troops, so I bought some Hobgoblins to quell animosity.
>>
>>54938609
CA really should make Estalia/Tilea/Kislev instead of just making duplicate human skin armies.
>>
>>54938614
>Lets be honest the Emperor behaviour towards the primarchs and legions lends some justification to what they did.
>Daddy didn't love us!
>This justifies destroying Mankind's final hope for peace and prosperity and damning the entire species to a hellish future and eventual consumption by the immaterial abominations hiding in the darkness behind reality

ok
>>
File: 1495965790467.jpg (67KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495965790467.jpg
67KB, 600x323px
>>54938716
This. I want pikemen so I can pike 'n shot.
>>
File: Archaon.jpg (70KB, 900x594px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.jpg
70KB, 900x594px
That's why Archaon is better than Abaddon.

Abaddon was wrapped from desiring the salvation of mankind to wanting to the throne for himself.

Archaon, from day one the day he stood before Sigmar's silent statue to the moment he doomed the world, ever sought to save everything through annihilation. Granting everyone and himself peace. While Abaddon became a petty warlord, Archaon continued to be a dark messiah/saviour.
>>
>>54938771
Archaon is just an idiot
>>
>>54938725
Nobody knew about the Webway project. The Traitors were thinking that they were saving humanity from the tyranny of the Emperor. Check Talos's words to Abaddon, or Abaddon's words to Sigismund. To them the Emperor betrayed the Great Crusade and humanity.
>>
File: dark eldar greeting.png (297KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
dark eldar greeting.png
297KB, 1000x580px
>>54938771
>my god is known for not talking much
>wtf he didn't talk, I better beget age of sigmarines
Should have been a Bretonnian with that level of intellect.
>>
File: archaeon.jpg (42KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
archaeon.jpg
42KB, 620x310px
>>54938789
Shhhh....no more tears, Old World. Only dreams now.
>>
>>54938418
Skaven, Ogres, giant spiders, Rat-Ogre parts, giant undergound worms, human, probably dwarf, and basically whatever they have in the scrap pile of organs
>>
>>54938614
>Old and new fluff, Abaddon did not fail.
All mentions about how the other 12 black crusades where not pointed towards Terra but to achieve some mysterious goal are after ADB took over
>>
>>54938417
Just ignore Black Library as usual.
>>
>>54938867
Wrong. Check the 4th ED Black Crusade map and lore. The Black Crusade destinations were not even close to Terra.
>>
Guy, guys! For the millionth time: chaos already won, everything leads to chaos, chaos is the end goal, stop resisting chaos.
t.- GW
>>
>>54938716
Tilea is not a unified country, at best CA could make Dogs of War.
>>
>>54938792
>The Traitors were thinking that they were saving humanity from the tyranny of the Emperor.

Come on now. Traitors didn't give a shit about humanity, they were basically transhuman supremacists, unless ADB's fluff > everything else in the HH.
>>
>>54938911
Well, Chaos is the Biblical god. It created everything and decided that it should win. If you aren't Christian, you wouldn't understand and would rage against it with the Devil but will end up losing with him.
>>
>>54938924
But they did. Abaddon's issue is that he thinks that the Space Marines who built the Imperium should rule over humanity rather than the human cattle ruling over the Space Marines. The Emperor wanting humans to rule was madness. The Emperor wanting to get rid of the Space Marines and Primarchs like he did the Thunder Warriors was madness. The humans cannot be trusted to rule. They don't understand what it took to build the Imperium and protect. Humans will only cause the downfall of the Imperium and their race. What happened recently only proved Abaddon right.

Then you have Talos who says that the Emperor sacrificed the future of mankind to ascend into godhood, and for that great evil Talos will not rest fighting against the Emperor.
>>
>>54939038
This times in with Sigmar saying that ALL of the Imperials are his heirs instead of establishing a dynasty. This lead to massive chaos in the Empire and ultimate led to its destruction.

Humans can never be trusted to rule. They are dumbasses.
>>
>>54938062
Fine, fuck her and put her in a tower, where you visit every once in a while and fuck her
>>
>>54939298
That's exactly what they did. It didn't work out.
>>
File: Death_Rider_of_Krieg.jpg (373KB, 980x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Rider_of_Krieg.jpg
373KB, 980x1139px
>>54939038
>>54939104
Transhumanists plz go and stay go. Galaxy would be better off without muhreens.
>>
>>54937685
>>54937883
Blessing of the Lady is basically a magical ward save vs ranged fire.

The truth of the brettonians is they're a staking horse left out by the elven goddess of prophecy to protect the wood elves flank. The ranged weapon thing is just one more way of making sure they can't be a threat to them
>>
>>54934662
They've said before that the people who do the CG are external. That's why you see some impossibilities in trailers (Bretonnia's, for example) that don't happen in game.
>>
>>54935014
Newfag here, pls explain joke
>>
So, how was clan pestilance able to take on every other skaven clan and still be a part of the council of thirteen? Is it the most powerful individual skaven clan?
>>
>>54939610
That daemon prince is supposed to be one of the most powerful entities in the setting, able to shatter armies and command daemonic legions, and got killed by a bunch of DYEL lizardmen dropping a few rocks on it.
>>
>>54939648
Except it wasn't him because portals and phasing.
>>
>>54939610
The most powerfull daemon prince is beaten and send back to the warp by throwing rocks at him
>>
>>54937888
The End Times as a whole can be summed up by "Teclis suddenly becomes the stupidest man on the planet".
>>
>>54939643
Pestilens got rekt by the Lizardmen when they summoned their snake god and set it on them, which limited their power a bit.

Moulder and Skyre are similarly powerful and no one fucks with Eshin. The council of 13 is basically the ratman UN and about as influencial and effective.
>>
>>54939610
GW used Be'lakor's model as a generic daemon prince in a battle report at the time when Be'lakor didn't have rules or presence in the fluff and it's posted every time Carnac posts in this thread because Carnac is a huge Be'lakor fan and the picture makes Be'lakor seem like a loser.
>>
>>54939668
t. Be'lakor
>>
>>54938916
Just have Tilean-style skins for armies in the regions

I wouldn't even care if it was just for show and were basically empire troops in stats
>>
>>54939688
Ok wtf is Carnac. This is like a gordian knot of memes
>>
>>54939643
The only other really big clan back then was Moulder. Mors wasn't big yet because they hadn't taken Karak 8 peaks, Eshin hadn't returned yet, Skyre was in its infancy.

Skyre these days is probably the strongest single clan.
>>
>>54939688
Who is Carnac
>>
>>54939753
>>54939756
Why do anons act like they don't know him each time he is mentioned?
>>
>>54939768
Because I know nothing about warhammer and therefore don't know who Carnac is.
>>
>>54939795
A man who always argues by citing official sources so headcanon anons don't like him.
>>
>>54939847
Does he use a tripcode, or what
>>
>>54939898
No, he has a very recognizable posting style.
>>
File: 1339530737504.jpg (358KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1339530737504.jpg
358KB, 1200x800px
>>54938163

Oh man, that animation is great. Like, you can even see the wheel in back changing its rotational speed as the thing lurches forward unevenly. Top-notch work.
>>
>>54938163
By Sigmar, I hate rats.
>>
Why do girls like disgusting factions like skavens and tyranids whose only motivation in life is to multiply and consume everything?
>>
>>54940133
The models look cool.
>>
>>54940133
They are cute animals. Girls don't like robotic, metallic and militaristic stuff. Which actually would exclude skaven to some extend, no idea if that's true what you are claiming here
>>
>>54938163
>me at my local carls jr. for bogo fridays
>>
>>54940133
Most factions are just various flavours of male power fantasy which doesn't really click with grills so the inhuman factions tend to be over represented.
>>
>>54940133

My experience has been they like the animal aspect, because the alternative is generally hyper masculine factions like space marines
>>
>>54939847
t. Carnac
>>
>>54938163

Pretty impressive that they made a model that busy looking with weird details and random limbs and parts here and there move that organically. It definitely looks like something I would run from.
>>
>>54939961
Meaning he's a god damn boogy man as far as most people are concerned. All anyone really needs to know is some ass trolls about Bel'lakor, and some dude(s) really fucking love Bretonnia. Wouldn't be so bad if half of you weren't triggered so hard.
>>
>>54938688
Chaos dwarves operate WoC artillery so they aren't forgotten
>>
>>54935478
>Only idiots and cowards believe in fate and prophecy.
>Proceeds to kill all male casters and outlaw magic for males because some prophecy says he will be killed by a Male Wizard
Keep it reasonable, mama's boy
>>
>>54940133
>tyranids

They want to be pinned and bred by them for some reason.

>skaven

They find them cute.
>>
>>54929363
Why would you lie on the internet?
Did someone pay you? Are you getting something substantial or legitimate out of this? What?
>>
File: 1502850654696.gif (64KB, 546x609px) Image search: [Google]
1502850654696.gif
64KB, 546x609px
>>54940906
>>
>>54930187

I would immediately get a 60 hour a week job and spend most of my money on streaming live matches
>>
After this autosages, can I post a story I had bouncing around in my head?
>>
>>54925846

Has anyone playing Chaos in 8th had much success with Warshrines?

I had this idea for a 3000pt list that includes Chosen and 2 Shrines to roll on that sweet EtG table.

A decent strategy at 3000pts or not worth the investment due to low statistics?

Rolling 2 sixes from six dice + 2 dice rerolls (2 units w/Champion) for Daemon Prince seems fun, at least
>>
>>54941108
Is it related to warhammer fantasy?
If yes sure go ahead.
>>
>>54934133
>>54932249
Only way it'd work if every bit of wizardry was about buffing one's self to beat people to death more effectively.
>>
CA has released the official skaven roster, it's not bad and more expansive than I thought.

>Legendary Lords
-Queek Headtaker
-Skrolk
-Thanquol & Boneripper (DLC at later date)

>Lords
-Warlord (Can mount on Rat Ogre Bonebreaker)
-Assassin

>Casters
-Grey Seer (can mount on Screaming Bell)
-Plague Priest (Can mount on Plague Furnace)
-Warlock Engineer

>Melee Infantry
-Stormvermin (Can be equipped with Halberds or Shields)
-Clanrats (can be equipped with shields or spears)
-Skaven Slaves (Can be equipped with spears)
-Plague Monks
-Plague Monk Censer Bearers
-Death Runner (This is an Age of Sigmar unit)
-Rat Ogres

>Missile Infantry
-Skaven Slaves slingers
-Nightrunners
-Gutter runners (Can be upgraded with poison)
-Globadiers (Death Glob or Poison Wind)
-Warpfire Thrower

>Artillery
-Warpfire Cannon
-Plagueclaw Catapult
-Screaming Bell

>Monsters & Vehicles
-Doomwheel
-Hellpit Abomination

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/
>>
>>54941593
>age of sigmar
Guess there won't be tww3, just twaos next.
>>
>>54928253
Please help there's no legit torrent link here
>>
>>54941641
>TWAoS fails spectacularly

A man can hope. I don't think anything would drive the point home quite so well as far as the disdain for Smegmar/love of the old world.
>>
File: Death Runner.jpg (63KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Death Runner.jpg
63KB, 1000x1000px
>>54941641
Death Runners are pretty much interchangeable with WHFB lore. Just another kind of Clan Eshin Assassin. The Skaven have weak vs. large creatures capability in the game so they're basically monster-slayers

imo Total War 3 will certainly be based around Nekeharta and the darklands (tomb kings, ogres, and chaos dwarfs)
>>
>>54941706
Tomb kings will definitely happen in 2.
>>
>>54941593
>still no Jezzail
Why?
>>
>>54941758
I foresee Daemons as the next DLC faction.
>>
>>54941593
>No Ratling Gun teams

C'mon, didn't they even show them in the trailer? Or was that just a warpfire thrower team?
>>
>>54941979
It was just warpfire throwers they looked kinda like ratlings if you weren't paying attention but it was quite obviouly just throwers.
>>
>>54941297
It's related to warhammer fantasy. Might take a few liberties with the setting however, or at least stretching the canon. No porn though, I'm sorry to say. Just an idea that crossed my mind.
>>
>>54941758
>>54941905
>doing ritual summons chaos horde to attack
>its just random chaos warriors from god knows where
iam 100% they are going to make chaos demons a DLC for warhammer 2 and then replace those hordes with the demons.
The demon campaign has them play as horde like chaos warriors and beastmen most likely.
>>
>>54942152
Then it's fine story time is always best time.
>>
>>54935427
Why in the world are the skaven so stupid?
>>
>>54942242
they can be clever bastards when well-led but tend to be self-defeating
>>
>>54942242
They're rats, what were you expecting?
>>
File: 40k is ugly.png (54KB, 1895x266px) Image search: [Google]
40k is ugly.png
54KB, 1895x266px
>>54940133
I've never actually heard of girls liking skaven. The only anecdotes I've heard had them liking the Empire.
>>
>>54942242
This >>54942268, basically.
For all that the skaven are remarkably cognizant and capable of insane feats of engineering and very clever and good at hiding and surviving, they're still just a bunch of gigantic mutant rats in the end.
Their failing as a species is despite all they accomplished they somehow haven't taken over the world even though in some ways they logically should have largely because while they've managed to come pretty far as the core they're still stupid fucking rats.
>>
>>54942299
So they are basically attracted to bright colors?
>>
>>54942454
No, not necessarily. Vampire Counts are usually pretty drab drab.

Just think about how in 40k most things - vehicles, buildings - intentionally look ugly and squat, they aren't meant to be aesthetically pleasing because it's supposed to drive home the grimdarkness and focus on wartime usefulness rather than what looks good. The Eldar have bright colors, but they intentionally look alien, with strange helmets and armor and odd-looking guns and vehicles that look oddly organic - it's meant to look strange and alien.
>>
>Idea. Sorry if it's too discanon. Thought crossed my hand.

There was a pile of skaven corpses. A mound of perhaps fourteen, the dead laying studded with bolts and bullet holes, trying to clamber up the side of the mountain wall. But, as ranger Bergen Stoneright watched, the pile shifted. Injured as he was, he took up his axe again.

The battle had been long and bloody. The thagoraki, possibly from suicidal bravado, possibly too enamored of their own cleverness, perhaps from some overdose of warpstone on behalf of their leadership, had elected to go overland to attack the dwarf holdings in the Vaults. Many ratmen had fallen to their deaths amidst the crevasses and peaks, but the skaven had come in force, so it was no small number the delaying force of dwarf rangers faced. But they fought like he heroes of old, and bought enough time for the throngs of Karak Izor to arrive, and sweep the skaven from the field. But, like all good things, it came at a heavy cost.

Bergen Stoneright could hear the laments from far ahead. They called his captain's name, Tyrsson, brave Tyrsson, captain of rangers, savior of dawi land, defender against the dark. Brought low by a warpstone bullet on the cusp of victory.

The pile shifted again.

Bergen Stoneright was a ranger in his service, and he had been following the skaven with the rest of Karak Izor's throng. Seeking to kill as many of the routing filth as he could. But when he heard the laments of the rangers for the Captain, he begrudgingly turned back. He had to honor Captain Tyrsson.

It had been a lonely walk back on the trail, his only company the corpses of skaven, carrion crows, and the walking wounded trickling back from the pursuing throng. A cloud had descended from the mountain, mingling with the smoke of gunpowder and whatever the thagoraki damned engineering had produced.

Bergen had only glimpsed it out of the corner of his eye. The slightest shift among the dead. He turned, and looked. Again, it twitched.
>>
Bergen Stoneright was a ranger. He would hesitate to call himself a veteran, but he'd been at it thirty years now, so he was seasoned. So he did not dismiss this as just a pile of bodies settling, or simply approached the pile and shifted and taken a look. The first approach might lead to a knife in the back, and the second a knife to the face. He simply waited, patiently, for either the corpses to still, or for whatever was in it to come out so he could kill it.

But he heard the echoes of song from further back. They were bellowing Captain Tyrsson's achievements, calling on all true and loyal rangers to honor him. Bergen felt the itch of impatience. He wanted to say his own goodbye to his captain, but this damned thagoraki corpse heap caught his attention.

His patience would be rewarded.

A body shifted, rolled off the heap, and fell to the base of the pile. One unsteady, spindly furred hand reached out of the corpses, and found a grip on one particularly large, and armored skaven corpse. It hauled the rest of it out.

Brown and mangy fur on its withered, malnourished frame. Blood stained rags covered it. Red beady eyes blinking and swiveling. One hand clasped around a bit of sharp iron, which it waved forward as it chittered. Dragging itself forward with the other hand. One leg limp and twisted dragging and bouncing in the dirt, the thing squeaking at every rock it dragged over. The other missing, a gnawed off stump covered in red rags.

It was pathetic. It crawled forward chittering, waving its ineffective knife. Trying to intimidate him?

Bergen sighed, hefted the axe above his head. No honor in killing a pathetic skaven slave, but it was a duty nonetheless.

But then he heard the voices raise in volume, and the farewell songs echoing down the trail to him. And another thought crossed Bergen's mind.
>>
"What in the ruddy name of Grungni's bushy eyebrows is that?"

Old Ori stared at the shrieking, jabbering skaven that Bergen dragged behind him on a crude sled. The missing leg had been wrapped with fresh bandages (Rather inexpertly. The creature, even after being disarmed bit and scratched fiercely), wounds mended, and rope generously wrapped around the shrieking skaven slave.

"Looks a Thagoraki to me, Ori. One all tied up in rope, for some reason."

Sven was always a very dry sort. One that tried to be a comedian too much, and said things in such a way that it was clear he didn't mean them, and if you took him literally you were a fool. Bergen didn't like Sven. Sven was the kind of ranger that gave rangers a bad name, with that way of talking.

But in this case, Sven was quite right. Begrudgingly, Bergen nodded.

Old Ori rolled his eyes.

"I get that you daft band of beardlings, I bloody well know what a blasted thagoraki looks like. But what is it doing here?"
"Prisoner," Bergen said flatly.

He looked over to the rock Captain Tyrsson had been standing on. Blood stained the stone, but he had been removed. Didn't even have a chance to seem one last time. The skaven prisoner barked something in its foul language. Bergen yanked on the rope in irritation to shut it up.

"You daft? We don't take skaven prisoners. They're good for nothing creatures. They're pure poison, can't even use them for kindling without a mask against the poison they let off. I thought you of all this lot of young bloods had your head on straight."

"Well, maybe it can be good for target practice then," Sven shouldered his crossbow and took aim at the suddenly quiet and alarmed Skaven desperately fidgeting and trying to roll out of the way, "I've a spare bolt-"

"Put that away," Old Ori slapped the crossbow down, "Don't waste a good quarrel on a skaven slave. Bergen, give the rodent a shove over the side of the mountain."
>>
Bergen contemplated the skaven he had tied it. It was desperately trying to reach the rope to gnaw at it.

"I'd rather not Ori. I will though, if you and the rest of the lads tell me to. But I don't want to kill it yet."

"You sweet on it?"
"That's a disgusting thing to say Sven, even for you. That said...Explain, Bergen."
"Captain Tyrsson said a hunter should understand the prey," Bergen, using the blunt head of his axe pushed the skaven's head away from the rope, and let the heavy metal rest on the creature's throat. Its eyes darted about in panic, "Find how it moves. Recognize it by track and spoor. Know where it's weakest," Bergen pushed the head of his axe further into the creature's throat, provoking panicked squeaks and more fidgeting, "And then know how best to kill it."

Bergen gave a hard look to Sven, "I'm not sweet on it. I'm keeping it to find out every damn thing I can about thagoraki. It's my experiment. And I'll learn best how to kill them, and make them pay for what happened to Captain Tyrsson."

Sven raised an eyebrow, but said nothing else. Ori frowned. Looked at the creature.

"It's a slave you know. Tiny wretch. Won't get much there."
"I'll start small. Besides, thagoraki are thagoraki. Their lowest slave isn't far from their highest seer."
"Well, the magic could put some distance in there."
"Yes, yes, we know Sven. But experiment?" Old Ori scowled, "This sounds like innovation. Don't much care for that."
"I'm no engineer. I'll play safe."
"Even if it is a slave, these things can be rather clever. I'll not keep it in the outpost."
"Wasn't going to. There's an old hunting hole, from before the herds moved off. I stay there most of the time as it is. Me and it will stay there far away from the rest-"
"And if it kills you?"
"It won't," Bergen stated flatly.

Sven and Ori stared back just as flatly, clearly unimpressed. Overconfidence killed. Like underestimating thagoraki by standing on a rock and taunting them.

"...I'll check in regularly."
>>
Three months. Old Ori had announced he could spare three months for Bergen's insanity. And if another horde of ratmen, or beastmen, or greenskins, or whatever else showed up, Bergen was to kill the skaven prisoner and report in immediately.

On the way to the abandoned hunter's respite, the skaven had been proving more and more docile. Possibly the adrenaline had left it, but it had stopped frothing and fighting as much, and reduced itself to squeaks and chitters. It almost seemed on the verge of sleep by the time Bergen finished the hike to the hunter's cabin. It was a stone cave hidden with cunning dwarf work, but the creature comforts within had been stripped out long ago. Goblin looters or dwarfen salvagers, Bergen couldn't know. But it also had another useful feature which thankfully remained- a grated hole, ten feet deep into solid stone. Originally meant for keeping live prey for pit fights (Bergen reflected there was a reason he had never liked this particular band of hunters in the first place. Killing a bear to drive off competing predators was one thing, but capturing it and keeping it in a hole to fight and kill whatever you dropped in there for your amusement seemed cruel. Bergen Stoneright was not well versed in irony), it would serve for a prison as well. Bergen inspected it first, made absolutely certain there were no flaws in the walls, collected what few bones remained, and then took back up and out of the hole and threw his skaven prisoner down.

To Bergen's disappointment, there was only the slight noise of a gasp, and then nothing. He peered down in the hole. The skaven slave, still tied up, was laying on its side, panting. The dim light of the lamps may have been decieving him, but the creature's eyes seemed to be rolling back up its head.

Bergen sighed. Well, it had lost a leg. It was probably well on the way to death already. Shame his experiment would end before it began. He'd eat first, before disposing of the creature.
>>
Bergen had just finished cooking his eggs when he heard fresh noises from the pit. High pitched shrieks and cries. With a bit of grumbling, Bergen got up to his aching feet and wandered over, chewing his eggs on toast. The creature was on its back, shrieking something. It cocked its head. Bergen frowned down at it. It tried something else, low and groaning between the squeaks. Nothing. Then it spoke again- this time, in high pitched and loose reikspiel.

"Meat! Meat! Meat-meat!"

Bergen had had to deal with petty traders from time to time, and reikspiel was the most common language among the manlings. He could recognize the intent of the skaven, even if the pronunciation was warped. Hunger then. Typical voracious pest, he should have thought of that earlier. Tracking the thagoraki horde going through the mountains, he'd witnessed a great deal of cannibalism to keep going. For the skaven, comrades at arms could also serve as rations if they fell behind.

Bergen contemplated his toast. Then let it drop into the pit.

The skaven watched greedily as it spattered on the ground, then wriggled toward the mess of toast and cooked eggs, and bit in to it. Then spat.

"Bad! Bad! Disgust! Bad meat-meat! Pain for dwarf-thing!" It shouted up.

"Eat or starve, 'skaven-thing.' That's what I have," Bergen replied in reikspiel. He wasn't sure if the creature understood, but he stared back.

The skaven furrowed its brows, chittered and hissed- then chewed the toast and eggs, lips peeled back in a snarl scowling the whole while. It paid especial attention to the eggs, while seemingly avoiding the bread, though in time it wolfed that down too.

Bergen contemplated the skaven, then brought out his notebook.

'First day ration. Toast and egg. Skaven capable of reikspiel.'

The study could continue.

>End for now. Too stupid/boring?
>>
>>54942175
I'll fly over and stab someone. Bad enough I'm forced to pay for rats and TWO kinds of shitty elves to get Lizards, but I figured I'd at least have Tomb Kings to look forward to soon.
>>
>>54942930
>boohoo my faggy fucking lizards are being put in the same game as the races they are geographically close to

what a surprise
>>
>>54943076
How are the rats any nearer Lustria than anywhere else?

I'd just like something more to look forward to than the lizards. I don't mind the elves much but rats then demons is disappointing is all.
>>
A bit of the lore I miss from Storm of Chaos, but find hard to justify outside of it, is that some of the Chaos forces didn't leave the Empire and just fled into the Drakwald or the mountains or whatever.

Sure, it didn't mean that they were native to the place or anything, but you didn't have to explain your Chaos warband trekking all the way down from the Chaos Wastes to have a brawl with some Imperials, and it'd be only a short jaunt to Bretonnia or the Karaz Ankor.
>>
>>54941127
I play WoC in 8th but haven't yet have that much experience with one as I've only fielded it once. During the game its spell got basically cock-blocked but then again it was one of my first games and I played incredibly scrubby.
In my next 2500p game I'm probably going to retry my luck at it. I'm concidering this list:

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2496pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [384pts]: Barded Chaos Steed, Lore of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Flaming Breath
. Magic Items: BRB - Charmed Shield, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [226pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone

Chaos Sorcerer [145pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 1
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Luckstone

+ Core +

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Chariot [125pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warhounds [30pts]: 5x Chaos Warhound

Forsaken [378pts]
. 18x Forsaken: 18x Forsaken of Slaanesh

+ Special +

Chaos Warshrine [135pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chimera [275pts]: Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

Chosen [413pts]
. Champion
. 16x Chosen: 16x Halberds, 16x Mark of Nurgle
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

Chaos Knights [260pts]
. Champion
. 5x Chaos Knight: 5x Ensorcelled weapons, 5x Mark of Nurgle
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Gleaming Pennant

++ Total: [2496pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)
>>
>>54943237
I don't know why that other anon thinks that Daemons are definitely the next race to be released. The Southlands proper are going to be released with TW:W2 and there's a perfect spot for the Tomb Kings to be slotted into instead of some VC factions. While Daemons could also be easy put in at this point, they could have been released just as easily for the first game, but they didn't. I don't know if they'll be saved for the third game or not, but judging by the area being covered in the second game Tomb Kings seem an absolute certainty.
>>
>>54943545
Can I just say I realize now that I'm a stupid idiot for complaining 'why did they change the Hung to the Mung' when they're also including the Aghols, another Hung tribe.
>>
>>54943529

I was bored and attempted to write a seekrit book that is deemed heretical by the church of sigmar.
Thoughts?
>>
File: Cultist-chan hopeful.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cultist-chan hopeful.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
A sizeable waterfall: does it count as 'running water' for the purpose of triggering the vampiric weakness?
>>
>>54941127
Forgot to add in >>54943426 that 2x Warshrines seems a bit overkill and imo it's not worth the points. For the price of almost one Warshrine you can buy a Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle which is practically immortal (if it's not the target for artillery) and packs a nasty punch when charging infantry, which it can then continue to hold down untill assistance arrives.
>>
>>54942784
I like it, are you thinking about putting all of this into a pastebin?
>>
>>54942784
It's a fairly interesting idea and honestly something that i could imagine a sharp Dwarf doing.
>>
>>54943936
>pastebin

Probably would be a good idea. I think I have to rework it, it's too slow of a start. Try to snip out some of the dross and justifying.

>>54943984
So, not terribly uncanon? Honestly the idea came when I was wondering what dwarfs would do to crippled greenskins/skaven/beastmen/whatever. The thing that makes sense for that universe is just butchering them since they're evil all the time, but I was wondering about one taking another tack to it.
>>
>>54941593
>>54941641
>>54941706
Death Runners are Gutter Runner champions.
>>
>>54943270
That was the whole point of SoC.
>>
>>54944021
Yeah while it is true that Dwarfes are very traditionalist there are always the outliers in society these tend to be the Dwarfes that realy make a difference.
You can realy see this for example in the engineering guild where every so oftent a free thinker invents something that gives the Dwarfes a real advantage.
>>
Seriously though, dwarfs have to be the most cucked faction in warhammer

>No one takes them seriously
>Never do or accomplish anything except for winning Pyrrhic victories against goblins and skaven, the two shittiest possible races
>Moan about glories past, "muh vengeance" meanwhile never bother actually trying to rebuild or reclaim lost holds
> Expend energy on petty grudges about the stupidest shit meanwhile their race is practically extinct
>Cower in their holes whenever chaos invasions happen
>Indirectly caused their own fall and fall of the world when they decided to war against the elves for petty bullshit
>Belegar gets killed like a bitch by Queek
>Thorgrim gets killed by an NPC assasin
>Ungrim watches his hold get blown to fuck

There is NO race more embarrassing than dwarves
>>
>>54943545
Didn't notice Albion on the previous map.
>>
>>54941706
Autistic question but is there a reason why he's hairless? Is that supposed to be a regular skaven or some sort of demon?
>>
>>54944021

Interesting story. DESU it doesn't matter too much if you stray a bit from established lore as long as you provide some reasonable explanation for it.

BTW, is there a single canon example of any race taking skaven as prisoners? I know the skaven take captives for slave labor and experiments but I don't think the reverse ever happens unless you count the lizardmen who captured them for torture and sacrifice.
>>
>>54944570
For as far as i can remember no it doesn't realy happen, but if you realy think about it of all the races in the warhammer world skaven would be the most likely to rat out a rival to the enemy in order to bump them selfes up.
>>
>>54944570
No, chaos dwarves specifically will always kill skaven or immediately work them to death as they know from past experience how they make terrible slaves due to them trying them to escape at every opportunity as well as spreading plague among the other slaves
>>
So I've been reading the books for each edition, and I don't really like the lore for 8th edition at all. It just seems like the writers were pulling stuff out of their ass, like the LotL being an elf goddess. No one really considers this stuff canon, right?
>>
>>54944628
>>54944683
Yes. I can imagine that a skaven would try to beg or bargain for its life but there's little reason for any other race to capture them as they would make crappy laborers and would require round the clock surveillance.
>>
>>54944706
End times is definitive canon here, if you dont like it fuck off to /aos/ aka age of shitmar
>>
>>54944837
But anon, I don't like age of sigmar. I just like my warhammer with some mysteries remaining, you know?
>>
>>54943932
thanks dude.
not sure how 8th plays at 2500 but always fun to read gamelists (wish that people on WFB general posted more of 'em)

3000 pts I try to bring two of everything. thanks for the advice about them chariots tho!
>>
>>54944177
They got Malekith'd.
>>
>>54932959

The horned rat has always pissed me off. He's sort of Nurgle but sort of Tzeentch but not really as characterful as either of them. I've always liked to think of him as actually being Nurgle and Tzeentch, appearing to the Skaven in the guise of their ancestral god to manipulate them.

Needless to say I'm pissed AoS replaced best god with the horned fucker
>>
>>54944330
some CAD artist forgot molds don't pick up visual textures
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.