[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 57

File: Rogue Trader McDuck.png (1013KB, 676x772px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Trader McDuck.png
1013KB, 676x772px
"Gen Con" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
http://www.ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.0.0) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sbaiodixbeoxxd1

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Prev: >>54874179

Any news from Gen Con? Wrath and Glory was supposed to be previewed there. How are people taking the Dark Imperium background and Shadowrun-esque dice pool system?
>>
>>54924852
I mean dark imperium is weird, and shadow run is a clusterfuck, meaning GW will support the fuck out of it
>>
File: Adepta_Sororitas_Battle_Sister.jpg (515KB, 972x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Adepta_Sororitas_Battle_Sister.jpg
515KB, 972x1048px
does anyone know if psinescience can detect if a player is possessed??
>>
Doing BC right now, fairly new, how hard would it be for a Khornate character to specialize towards getting lots of minions and doing Daemon summoning? I'm not sure if I can get the unaligned psyker to help me with what I'm planning, so what should I go for while also being able to remain the main frontline fighter?
Playing a human renegade,kind of going for a 40k version of Valkia the Bloody, converting feral worlds to sources of chaos warriors and mortal champions of Khorne.
>>
>>54925999
It should as a daemon is on the list for what it can detect.
>>
Are Knight worlds exempt from the guard tithe?
>>
File: Happy Nigga Purple Mountains.jpg (71KB, 535x434px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Nigga Purple Mountains.jpg
71KB, 535x434px
>>54925716

A homie pointed out something to me. There technically already IS a system out there, beside Shadowrun, that uses pools of D6, rolling above or below certain success thresholds, that we're all incredibly familiar with.

It's called Warhammer 40,000. The madmen did it - they actually turned the RPG into the Tabletop.
>>
I need ideas for a mission to send my Acolytes on for their second mission. Most of my ideas are for setting up the overarching plot of the campaign so they need to be a little later.
Any help?
>>
>>54928129

They are sent into the underhive to find heresy but they found Necrons instead
>>
>>54928129
They are acting as clean up for another of their Inquisitor's warbands, burning witness and the like, when they find what got the first team killed.

What that was depends on your inquisitor's Ordos, although I'm a big fan for "The time displaced daemonic versions of their future selves caused by a failed Gellar field."
>>
>>54928391
I think I should make it clear that I meant the first team's future selves.

Making it your own team's future selves makes it anti-climactic when they explode from a cultist's grenade.
>>
>>54926115
Ask your GM if he'll let you take Bloodcallers. Tome of Blood, page 46
>>
I was reading Battlefleet Koronus, and the Ground War rules seem really basic. How do you guys feel about them?
>>
>>54928313
I might be able to find a way to implement that. Maybe a tomb was breached and reactivated a small number?
>>54928391
>>54928461
Think I might go with this next.
Thanks guys
>>
>>54929329

They don't work too well if you don't use a battlemat, but if you have a battlemat they can work well enough.
>>
>>54924852
Anyone have any interesting artifacts? I could use some for my campaign. I can share the few that I've made, if anyone's interested
>>
Should I use the Severan Dominate for my Only War game or should I use my homebrew Severan inspired guys who basically are just Nazis?
>>
>>54931032
Severan Dominate.
Nazis are in many respects entirely indistinguishable from the Imperium.
>>
>>54931032
>Severan inspired guys who basically are just Nazis?
You mean someone at the administratum made a fuck up and got an IG regiment to invade an imperial world?
>>
>>54931056
Yeah after a long bout of thought I thought that would probably be a better idea.

>>54931057
No, they were going to invade a world that was rebelling and bring it back under control with assistance from some of the nation states on the planet that stayed loyal. Eventually they'd march on the Capital and slowly the pristine image of what seems to be legitimate reasons would shatter to reveal they had been putting POW's and dissidents in camps to be taken away by Dark Eldar in exchange for some help and it'd slowly be revealed they were really being manipulated by a Lord of Change who was controlling the head honcho of the whole rebellion.
>>
Does anyone know what company holds the license for dark heresy? I'm trying to get a local printshop to make me a personal set of dark heresy books and they said I need permission from whoever holds the license. I tried talking to GW customer support but they were completely useless. And I couldn't find any info about the license on FFG's website. Do you guys know who holds the license and how I could go about getting permission?
>>
>>54931581
kind of a chaotic time for licences, you are probably better off buying a printer
>>
>>54931581
ulisses spiel owns the license, but they'll say no cause they want to sell the books now

just print it at a library
>>
It is often said that mid level Rogue Trader characters can wipe the floor with Space Marines.

Now, how do you make that happen assuming you have a small squad of very angry astartes assaulting your ship because they think they found heresy oh god please help. They'll tear through the crew in a few rounds, what can be done to have a fighting chance? Let's assume for a moment accusations of heresy which might arise after killing the angels of death is not a concern.
>>
>>54935979
What do you have at your disposal?
>>
>>54935979
Fleeing and activating the self-destruction of your ship while the Astartes are inside seems pretty fool-proof to me.
Okay, I guess you want keep your ship.
In that case, you have to take every advantage you can get. You know your ship, they don't. Try to run them crazy and make them waste ammo on servitors. Send your most sneaky crew around air ducts and drop melta grenades on them. Unleash your secret giant tentacled xeno cratures on them. (You DO have a dangerous xeno-zoo somewhere on your ship, right?) Open airlocks when they expect it the least.
This is not war, this is vietnam. And you're the vietnamese. They may get smart and decide to simply blow our ship up. But if they underestimate you and dare enter your lair, make them remember that in this dungeon, and you are the Overlord. What you say is law, and your law is terror.
>>
>>54936253
Profit factor 65, maybe some meltas and a crack crew. The party consists of a socially inclined rogue trader, choppy explorator, a radical borderline xenophile priest and a tanky armsman.

Plasma grenades are good, but what can fuck them up when they finally cut through the crew? Autocannons? More meltas? I'm afraid they'll cut through bulkheads to get around chokepoints
>>
>>54936276
>Okay, I guess you want keep your ship.
Stage down to 'just' sealing off sections of the ship and lighting them on fire.
>>
>>54936418
Aren't astartes immune to fire? Will a "regular" fire be enough to get through armour and toughness? We also have some friendly xeno nova onboard but apart from an ork they're not particularly combat ready
>>
>>54936418
https://wiki.ss13.co/Cogmap2/Plasma_Research
>>
>>54936463
By "fire", I guess he means "total destruction" or "direct exposure to the deadly void of space'.
You could kick that up a notch do it while jumping through the immaterium if a jump is possible under those conditions.
>>
>>54936463
>Aren't astartes immune to fire?
Considering there's a special relic armour that is immune to fire ... no.

>Descent Into Flames (Fire Lords)
>The wearer is completely immune to fire-based attacks, and cannot be set on fire.
>>
>>54936463
>Will a "regular" fire be enough to get through armour and toughness?

Well, let's look at it.

>A character suffers Damage from fire each Round he is exposed to it. At the beginning of each Round after the first in which a character is exposed to the same source of flames (or if he is hit by a weapon with the Flame special quality or suffers certain Toxic Critical Effects), he must make a Challenging (+0) Agility Test or catch on fire.

>Once a character is on fire, he suffers 1d10 Damage (with no reduction from armour) and takes 1 level of Fatigue each Round until the fire is extinguished.

Once they're on fire, AP won't stop it, the TB will - for a while. Then they'll fall over.
>>
>>54936595
Are you saying we have a chance to grab bodies of SEVERAL unconscious Astartes in good condition?

Holy shit, this is great.
>>
>>54930607
Anybody?
>>
>>54936651
Well, that is if things goes really well and the Astartes are stupid enough to all board your ship, stay together, and keep no backup plan in case this situation occurs, which sounds pretty obvious to me.
They'll probably be prepared for this situation. They may even bring space respirators and depressurize part of the ship before entering, if they're really careful. Phosphex car still burn in a vacuum, but I doubt you have phosphex at your disposal and even then it's really dangerous to use.
The biggest issue though, would be that they probably won't send all their Space Marines on your ship. If their mission go awry, they may change priorities and simply switch to ship to ship combat. Which means you'll have to deal with both the Astartes intrusion and space shooting.
Of course, all of this also depends of which chapter is going after you. If they have a particular quirk, maybe you can prepare a bit better for their arrival. Or just start praying now.
>>
>>54936855
Uh, I think they're after some precious cargo and intel they probably won't blow up the ship. Thing is, judging by what we've gathered, they might send the Deathwatch because we've been spied upon by ordo xenos and we are not aware of any concentration of adeptus chapter in the region, but it's probably we just don't know who's where.
>>
Someone hunt down the pamphlet about Ulisses' plans for WanG they're handing out at GenCon asap.
>>
>>54936811

maybe when I get home from work
>>
>>54937176

video interview said playable harlequins
>>
>>54937176
>WanG
Might as well call it wang now.
>>
>primaris marines can't get genetic defects

this is stupid, the gene seed defects are one of the best parts
>no adamantium spiked 12 foot primaris marines
>>
File: mister.jpg (19KB, 907x521px) Image search: [Google]
mister.jpg
19KB, 907x521px
>>54939434
Nigga, did I just catch you wanting Your Dudes?
>>
>>54939465
Hmmm?
>>
>>54939698
It's a Boondocks reference implying GW is trying to reduce the creative options of its playerbase.
https://youtu.be/g5WYdkyQdXY
>>
>>54939912
Hehe. What do you mean by Your Dudes though?
>>
>>54939929
Your Dudes. You know, chapters or armies you create. Dudes that are yours.
>>
>>54939963
Oooh alright.
>>
>>54939434

defects are stupid. they're a shallow way to add "depth"
>>
>>54939963

The death of re concept of Your Dudes is the most tragic thing about nu40k.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (10KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
10KB, 304x166px
So with corebooks for some of these games going for rather high prices on Ebay, would it be legal if, after buying the pdf off drivethrurpg, I were to have a copy of, say, Only War bound for personal use? Where could I get it bound even?
>>
>>54943672

go to a library and get it printed
>>
>>54937309
Alright. Guess I'll share one of mine in the meantime.

Codex Umbra:
A book with a simple black cover that never seems to have the same amount of light falling on it as the surrounding environment, the Codex Umbra has several shadow-based powers. Unfortunately, most of the book is written in an obscure language, and must be translated before new abilities can be discovered (a hard (-20) intelligence extended test with at least 10 total degrees of success will suffice for each segment.) Each time the book is used, roll 1d10. On a 3 or lower, the user gains 1d5 corruption.
Another side effect of using the Codex is that the user's skin pales and his eyes become pitch black for a moment while chanting from the book, becoming more obvious and long-lasting as the user's corruption increases. (Noticeable with a Hard (-20) awareness test from 0-29 corruption, and a -10 thereafter)
>>
>>54944269
The Codex Umbra's abilities are as follows:

Dark Bolt:
Functions like the Force Bolt power, the user makes a ballistic skill test to hit the target, inflicting 1d10+2 impact damage, ignoring armor, if successful.
Uses a half action.

Shadow Hand:
Functions like the Telekinetic Crush power, but the user receives a +10 to the opposed Willpower vs Toughness Test. If successful, the user may inflict 1d10 plus 1 point of damage per psi rating impact damage, or simply grapple the target of the power. Uses a half action. It can also grasp and hold light objects from a distance, though it can potentially be obstructed

Call Darkling:
Summons a featureless, vaguely humanoid creature made of darkness to aid in combat which uses the following profile: WS 40, BS 0, T 30, Agi 40, 8 wounds, 4 armor everywhere, attack deals 1d10+3 I, pen 2
The entity can follow simple commands such as “Attack” and “Stand guard here.” More complex commands require a Difficult (-10) Command test. Requires a full action.

Summon Doppelganger:
Summons a slightly weaker duplicate of the user, which appears very pale and has black eyes. Much like the darkling, it assists in combat and can obey simple commands, though the doppelganger has less of a tendency to interpret orders in the most literal way. Use the summoner's combat stats and subtract 10, it is armed with the last weapon that the summoner used. Up to 2 doppelgangers can be summoned, each inflicting 1 level of fatigue unless a Difficult (-10) toughness test is passed. Requires a full action.
>>
>>54943672
No, look up fair use policy
>>
>>54936811
>Mask of Magos Tungsten
Ancient augmented reality goggles once worn by a venerated Tech-Priest. When worn, it provides 3 AP to the head and gives the user a +10 bonus to Scholastic Lore (pick one) and Tech-Use tests. The mask will detect and blot out the view provided by any other optical device.
>>
>>54936595

That'll work on everyone except for the Techmarine, and a character with Frenzy.
>>
>>54944318
The Blood Rose:
An elegant one-handed sword with a basket hilt covered in small metal barbs made to resemble thorns and a rose design etched into the blade, the Blood Rose has potent abilities that increase its killing power at the expense of a small amount of the wielder's life force.
Without a blood sacrifice, the sword uses the following profile:
1d10+4 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Best craftsmanship

However, the user can sacrifice up to 5 wounds to add an additional point of damage and penetration per wound spent in this way and the attack also gains the Tearing quality, the wielder also regains 1d5 wounds after successfully dealing damage. This applies to the next successful strike. If this power is used, the wielder must make a Very Hard (-30) willpower test to sheath the weapon if they have not killed an enemy with it. Failure results in 1d5 corruption points and the user feels a lingering bloodlust that grows stronger as they grow more corrupted.
>>
>>54930607

What type of artifacts? Generic artifacts of the dark age of technology? Artifacts made so by the deeds of their wielder? Unique one-off creations that withstand the test of time?
>>
>>54945927
Anything, really. I could just use some unique pieces of equipment to sprinkle here and there, be they holy relics, tainted by Chaos, or lost technology
>>
Coincidentally I came in here to ask about holy artifact ideas
>>
>>54946117
Besides stuff like weapons and armor?
>>
>>54937169
>deathwatch?
Unless the GM feeds you victory you die

unless you keep a big ass tentacle rape monster on your ship like most good traders do
>>
>>54937845
>>WanG
>Might as well call it wang now.
Oh I am. With love of course.
>>
>>54930607
A probably cursed charm looking like a regular Aquila necklace, but makes anyone who grips it with his hands tightly teleport behind the back of the closest man observing (and gain corruption per use and test Per, to avoid being desoriented on appearance)
A sacrificial goblet that restores wounds (and maybe fatigue) if blood is drunk from it. Trick is that the blood should be poured from freshly open wound, dealt in a fight, otherwise corruption and wasted breakfast
A Sphere of Indistinguishable but Pale Colors, a tainted artefact, which in whisper of many voices unfolds desirable secrets to its user (though, not in a straightforward way, usually with amounts of insanity). Should be cracked, the sphere will literally scream, making anyone, who hear it test corruption or be stunned by the sound and become permanently deaf to its voices. Overtime sphere mystically restore its integrity, leaving no trace of damage suffered
A cybernetic eye implant, which make user go blind on the eye it reolaces, but grants the ability to see peoples auras and immediate urges and mood (and level of corruption)
>>
>>54943672
Depends on your jurisdiction.
Here in Germany, we are entitled to so-called “private copies”.
IANAL btw.
>>
File: 1490822056618.jpg (44KB, 1098x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490822056618.jpg
44KB, 1098x640px
>>54930607
Sure m8, made up a whole bunch of them for a Rogue Trader auction.

Captain Arcanus Castor’s Brace of Dueling pistols
A complex magneto-mechanical brace made by the master gunsmith Berett H. Koch on commission for Captain Arcanus Castor, most famously used by its late owner to cut a bloody swathe among Zaithite ranks in the massive fleet action in orbit of Galmax. It functions by magnetically catching and launching the pistols into the hands of the wielder the simple machine spirit of the brace is set to recognize. Allowing its user to continuously draw, fire and reload the Antietam Dueling pistols held in the brace at truly staggering rate.
Class: Pistol Damage: 1d10+5 E Rld: Full
Range: 45m Pen: 5
RoF: S/-/- Clip: 1
Special: Accurate
The mechanical brace allows the character to draw a new pistol as a Free Action and returning it to the brace automatically reloads a pistol.

Boltgun of the Promethean Crusade, Zaggokks Bane
Zaggoks Bane was wielded by an unknown martyr and slew the enormous Ork warboss during the battle of Epsilon-14-Traverse with a single shot, disrupting the vast orkish horde and granting Imperial forces victory. It is said to be imbued with a singular hatred for the greenskin race and its blessed bolts rend orkish flesh as easily as a powerfist tears ferrocrete.
Class: Basic Damage: 1d10+6 X Rld: Full
Range: 90m Pen: 4
RoF: S/2/4 Clip: 24
Special: Tearing, Sanctified, Best Quality, Orkbane
The weapons holy wrath against the greenskins grants it double damage when attacking Orks.

Cont in next post
>>
>>54930607
>>54951635
Cont'd>

Blashyrk Crystal Pyre
This 3 meter tall crystalised pyre is alleged to be the sacrificial pyre of a thousand of the psyker-shamans of the barbarous world of Blashyrk. Rumored to be an incredibly potent amplifier of psychic powers, similar to other psy-foci, but able to be used by multiple psykers at once to form potent choirs of psychic destruction. However, said rumours also speak of that the trapped souls of the Blashyrk shaman strike out with horrible curses or attempt to entrap the souls of those who dare to use the crystal pyre for their own ends. The Blashyrk Crystal Pyre functions as a Psy-focus for a choir of Psykers to use psychic powers, providing a +10 bonus (up to a maximum of+60) for each Psyker participating. However, using the Crystal Pyre automatically causes psychic phenomena.

Skull of Akkad Jacobus
Once, Akkad Jacobus was a senior advisor in the general staff of Lord-Militant Priscus Halwood and among the most respected psykers in Acheroni high society. However, he fell in combat against the Zaithites during their Black Crusade in 666.M41 and all that remains is his rune inscribed skull that functions as an extraordinarily powerful psy-focus. It is also said that the skull contains a portion of the dead psykers essence and that his wisdom can be granted to those that commune with it.
Communing with the skull grants a +10 to Lore tests and it also functions a psy-focus. However, after three communions the nascent spirit of Akkad Jacobus awakens. While powerless, he is very angry, prone to mockery and not at all content with his current predicament.

Cont'd in next post.
>>
File: 1493298408867.jpg (139KB, 941x621px) Image search: [Google]
1493298408867.jpg
139KB, 941x621px
>>54930607
>>54951635
>>54951643
Cont'd

Power armor of the Silent Sovereign
The personal power armor of the late Dareios Xerxes Marduk V, Satrap-Governor of Dis during the Third House Wars, slain during the battle of the Burning Pillars against the 300 Myrmidons. The armour has been beautifully restored to its original condition, as a striking and nigh-blasphemous copy of the power-armour the God-Emperor himself is said to have worn during his final confrontation with Horus. As immortalized on nano-canvas by the Remembrancer Adrianus Smith.
AP: 9 Chest, 8 Rest
+20 Strength, increases size by one step
Sub-systems: Military power pack, Advanced Helmet Sub-systems, Respirator, Void-hardened, Chem-injector, Incense burners

The Golden Book of Misrayim
A legendary text from the dead world of Misrayim in Acheron, former homeworld of the traitorous Void Princes. It is said the text was used by the Priest-Kings of Misrayim to keep death at bay and extended their own lives far beyond the span allowed by rejuvenat treatments. Some legends say it even granted them the ability to raise the dead. Whether or not it truly exists, this is not the Golden Book but a very well-crafted fake. Studying its contents will yield no wisdom, but only frustration.

The Personal Teleporter of Eugenia van Hansteen
The Teleportation pack of the now missing Rogue Trader Eugenia van Hansteen, who disappeared without a trace under mysterious circumstances. Approx the size of a small backpack.
Functions as a Teleportation Pack without its negative effects.

Cont'd
>>
File: 1501152417815.png (314KB, 1042x718px) Image search: [Google]
1501152417815.png
314KB, 1042x718px
>>54930607
>>54951635
>>54951643
>>54951678
Cont'd>

Mirrorswords of Leanansidhe
The paired Mirrorswords of a Howling Banshee Exarch who rampaged and murdered her way across Acheron for nearly a hundred years on what is believed to have been a heathen pilgrimage to the Eldars murderous gods. Among the best swordsmen and duelists at the time in Acheron fell to her blades until she and the Myrmidon Achilles Sigma-III slew each other in the mountains of Bellerophon.
Class: Melee Damage: 1d10+7E Pen: 9
Special: Balanced, Power-field, Best Quality
Grants one additional hit for each DoS when dual-wielded.

The Dreaming Heart
The mysterious artifact that is the highlight of the auction. Contained within an advanced metallic shell of unknown provenance, the Dreaming Heart is an orb of neutronic matter the size of a golfball but with the weight of a mountain. The orb-shell that contains it neutralizes the immense and dangerous weight through unknown feats of gravitic techno-arcana, allowing it to be handled as any fist sized piece of metal.

That is however not why the Dreaming Heart, is so sought after. Its value and mystery comes from the rumours and myths surrounding its mystical properties that it is the key to the legendary Vault of Hades, supposedly containing within it the power to rule all of Karybdis.

The mystical properties of the Dreaming Heart allows it to reverse or disrupt gravity in an area of 10+2d10m centered on the holder when the shell is twisted and turned in a special sequence, causing everyone but the holder to float or crash into the ceiling (or continue flying upwards into the sky until out of range of the Dreaming Heart). Another usage of the Dreaming Heart allows its wielder to generate an inviolable energy shield with a diameter of 10+2d10m centered on the wielder for 2d10 turns. Performing any of these sequences is a Full action. Each of these feats can only be performed once a narrative hour.

And that should be all of them.
>>
>>54924852
>uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

YES

So tired of one gameline with noncompatible rules for shitty humans, another for shittier humans with more money, another for even shittier humans, yet another for beakie boyz and yet another for spikey boyz.
>>
Total noob about the WH40K universe here (except for a few things I only played a very nice game of Rogue Trader once) Is reading the book from the Repositories a good start to learn more about it? It seems fun
>>
>>54927423
Admech Knights are (but are less independent), Imperial Knights aren't (and are also poorer).
>>
>>54935979
One hit from a flamethrower and the proud space marines are whimpering in pain, and rogue trader can outfit unlimited amounts of dudes with far better gear than the miserable poorfags known as the Adeptus Astartes.
>>
>>54936463
Space marines nearly automatically lose with one hit from a flamer.
>>
>>54948884
space marines are seriously nothing special... in the 40k rpg.

They have a giant blob of TB + armor and borderline fear immunity and that's it.

Hit them with a flamer = they lose.
Hit them with the EMP grenade thingy = they lose.
Most moronically, force fields etc. aren't standard on them despite being dirt fucking cheap in the 40krpg universe, so they wind up being rather wimpy compared to the troops Rogue Traders can get for themselves.
>>
File: Karybdis Abyss Small.jpg (298KB, 1366x884px) Image search: [Google]
Karybdis Abyss Small.jpg
298KB, 1366x884px
R8 my sector/wilderness space map /40krpg/
>>
File: Karybdis Abyss Warp-lanes Small.jpg (307KB, 1366x884px) Image search: [Google]
Karybdis Abyss Warp-lanes Small.jpg
307KB, 1366x884px
>>54952291
And with chartered and stable warp-lanes.
>>
>>54952291
>>54952304
bit empty, but I really like it, maybe bit better than original stuff in the books
>>
Is the size category change worth it on heavy power armor compared to light power armor?
>>
>>54952895
nope, especially not for such a minor armor boost
>>
>>54936595
My group homebrewed fire so it ignores toughness instead of armor. Can anyone explain to me how it makes sense that terminator, powered, and environmentally sealed carapace armor in useless in the face of of being set aflame, but the ogyrn who went to the gym everyday could effectively shrug off being on fire forever.
>>
>>54953307
Well, not all armor, environmentally sealed armor. Which funnyenough makes for deadlier or higher powered games depending on the system we're using. F Only War parties
>>
>>54946052

While most of the relics I used in my last game came from Horus Heresy Book 4, I did make relics based on the actions of each of my players, as a thought experiment, based on their chosen gear or significant events / kills.

Zatmeniye
It is said by those who have seen this relic Storm Bolter in action, that it never misses. Its machine spirit has become as predatory and unerring as the Praetor who first bore it.

Zatmeniye, Basic, 100m, S/4/-, 1d10+9X, Pen 4, Mag 60, 2Full, Tearing, Storm, Blood on the Ice
Blood on the Ice: When the Legionary fires a Bolt weapon, he imposes a -5 penalty on Dodge tests to avoid the attack for every two Degrees of Success on the Ballistic Skill test.

Valkyris Pattern Jump Pack
A dual-vector thrust style Jump Pack commonly utilised by the Space Wolves Chapter's Skyclaws Assault Marines, the Valkyris Pattern was favored by its Praetor for its speed and powerful charge, until they suffered critical existence failure.

The Valkyris Pattern Jump Pack functions identically to a standard Jump Pack, but grants +1 damage when executing the Charge Action for every 10m traversed. If the bearer is an Assault Marine, +1 damage for every 5m.

The Calibrated Abeyant
Floating above the battlefield, in the midst of a great nexus of noospheric information, the Praetor who once rode this great abeyant into battle was able to apply crippling shots to any point in the battlefield required.

The Calibrated Abeyant functions identically to a standard Abeyant, but the bearer can use the Weapon Tech Talent during an encounter a number of times equal to the bearer's Intelligence bonus.
>This one is actually kind of an embarrassing story on on my end.
>>
File: storm ruler.png (15KB, 189x270px) Image search: [Google]
storm ruler.png
15KB, 189x270px
>>54954572 (You)

Storm Ruler
This great Paragon Blade was once wielded by a great Champion of the White Scars, and is said to thrum with the residual power of storms that could bring even giants to their knees.

Storm Ruler, Melee, 2d10+8E, Pen 10, Power Field, Murderous Strike, Storm King
Storm King: Release the power of storms, hitting harder the larger an enemy is.
15m, S/-/-, Special, Pen 12, Recharge, Blast (1).
Once fired, this weapon draws a line from its origin to its maximum range. EVERYTHING under this line, including the space taken by the blast quality, is hit. Enemies take 1d10 damage per point of its Size quality – for example, a normal human is Size Average / 4, and would therefore take 4d10 damage.

These were thought experiments, and with the exception of the Valkyris Pack not used. They were helpful, however, as I ended up using the mechanics in other places. I had a couple relics from other games, I will try to see if I have them archived.
>>
File: 20170819_123916.jpg (739KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_123916.jpg
739KB, 2048x1152px
Wrath and Glory will feature a very broad and inclusive core book

Instead of having separate sub games, like Rogue Trader or Deathwatch, it will all be based on the single core book. There probably won't be references to the old stuff though.

The first "campaign" is the Imperium Nihlus, then the Fall of the Eldar. Orks and Eldar will be playable at some point.

You will see the regret in the Radical's face, the fear in the Harlequins mask.
>>
BRUTAL combat and CRIT TABLES confirmed!
>>
Squats confirmed for squatted.

Wang is going to be produced in conjunction with GW input on fluff and timeline. Also, currently they don't know how to include Tyranid player characters.
>>
>>54955371
That doesn't necessarily mean tie-ins to GW events, but they hope to have primarchs show up.

There will be a beginner's box.
>>
File: 20170819_123910.jpg (628KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_123910.jpg
628KB, 2048x1152px
Literally no art yet.

Psykers and psychic posts will operate on a high risk, high reward sort of mechanic. And most campaigns/"trilogies" will be made with the idea that players are playing the same race for that campaign.

They hope to take players to places they haven't been before, like slaves trapped in Commoragh learning combat techniques from a crippled Grey Knight or to pivotal moments like the First Tyrranic War. So don't expect a specific sector of fluff.

Apps for the game might be coming, keep an eye out.
>>
>>54955223

>Fall of the Eldar

WanG is including a 30k setting straight out of the box?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (157KB, 647x558px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
157KB, 647x558px
>>54955491
>pivotal moments
>don't expect a specific sector of fluff.

Oh boy I can't wait to play in my Official GW-Sanctioned Theme Parks. Do we have to ask GW permission to use the old settings?
>>
>>54955223
>There probably won't be references to the old stuff though

Calixis confirmed for squatted
>>
Is the Koronus Beastiary pdf still fucked?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By75yN4jPDckNUxENzZER3N5alE/view?usp=drive_web
Here's a proper version if so.
>>
>>54955409

Are you for real

Primarch DMPCs?
>>
>>54955638
Surely he means Doom of the Eldar, the campaign to defend Iyanden from the Tyranids? Not the actual Fall of the Eldar?
>>
>>54955773
No, as bosses and such. The example given was fighting Mortarion.

>>54956079
Definitely Fall of the Eldar.
>>
>>54956189
They expect you to fight fucking primarchs?
>>
>>54956222

In Nu-GW, anything is possible!
>>
>>54956649
How is that going to work? Are they going to nerf primarchs? Is the power level of the 40k rpg going to skyrocket?
>>
File: MY BODY IS READY.jpg (79KB, 463x462px) Image search: [Google]
MY BODY IS READY.jpg
79KB, 463x462px
>>54956189
>>54956673

>No, as bosses and such. The example given was fighting Mortarion.

I'm okay with this. To be fair, Primarchs aren't unstoppable, and they would make great fights. They're only T6-7 on tabletop, after all. Certain battle automata and big creatures are tougher and stronger statwise.
>>
>>54956673
It's a boss fight, and bosses in 40KRP were always overpowered.
>>
>>54955223
>no references
I gotta know what happens to Calixis though
>>
>>54956937

Logically, Calixis, Koronus, and Scarus are fine if not a bit scarred up from the Rift. The Not-Eye that BC uses is having a field day. Jericho Reach btfo from being a Rift terminus though, and it's probably shitting out daemons into the warp gate that connects it to Calixis.
>>
File: 1498608975757.jpg (137KB, 871x917px) Image search: [Google]
1498608975757.jpg
137KB, 871x917px
>>54956673
>No, as bosses and such. The example given was fighting Mortarion.
>Is the power level of the 40k rpg going to skyrocket?

I fought as long as I could to keep the games low-powered. But I see now. I was wrong. But it's all right. Everything is all right, the struggle is finished. I have won the victory over myself. I love Nu-Canon.
>>
>>54956686
Unless you have a party filled with master assassins that all get the drop on him, I don't see how you could take down a primarch from the lore. Even then I would put the chances of that working on the low end.

Tabletop has to nerf them so that a 3000 point game doesn't turn into the primarchs murdering everything.
>>
>>54956189
>Fighting Primarchs
It's questionable enough when named characters in 40k do this, what are random rpg pcs doing fighting primarchs?
I guess a more interesting question is what scenario will they come up with where not only is the Primarch not an insta-wipe for a party that tries to fight it, but the Primarchs aren't also surrounded by a bodyguard elite who themselves wouldn't be an for the party
>>
>>54955767
Hey! Fix the link up top, whoever posts the next general
>>
Selling all my 40krpg books on eBay. Need that dollar. Post on the 40krpg reddit for links etc. About 20 books on sale.
>>
>>54956937
As Shas said, Calixis and Kronos were missed by the rift mainly, and always were more isolated from the rest of the Imperium. With the lack of any significant chaos forces moving through it, and only one major Ork WAAAGGHHH!!! things probably go along as normal for a while, till increased tithe requests come in for the Indomitus Crusade
>>
>>54957242
You selling RT: Into the Storm?
>>
>>54956189
>No, as bosses and such
And what stops me from using the statline as a DMPC?
In anycase, I can't wait for the quirky meme-stories of Cata-chan the guardsman soloing a Primarch
>>
File: The Primarchs.jpg (844KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
The Primarchs.jpg
844KB, 2560x1440px
>>54957201

In the lore, everyone is the superest-bestest in the whole wide galaxy. However, even in tabletop, I've seen primarchs eat shots from an entire army and take only a couple wounds. They CAN be taken down with specialized tactics, usually high volume of low-ap shots to force invul saves.

The whole thing is when you have primarchs and players following the same rules, the game will inevitably favor the players because they can do just that - spamming huge amounts of high-pen shots / hits that can overload the defensive abilities of the primarch. I had my players face a Primarch (well, not a real one, technically a genetic memory / spirit vision of one with the same strength and powers), and it was basically rocket tag taken to its logical extreme - if someone got smacked even once, they needed to burn fate to live, but by spamming shots and hits, even a primarch can only make so many dodges / shields. So yes, by CURRENT rules, a primarch is tough but doable. We'll have to wait and see how WanG does it.
>>
>>54957398
Tl;dr pic related
>>
>>54956222
what do you want to fight at the end of an epic campaign involving building up the meanest, brutalest RT fleet with Tau and Eldar allies and a DW company's favor and half a dozen ImpKnights and (Rad) Inquisitorial forces at hand and etc. etc.? Primarchs are kind of an ideal end goal of games of such scope, and even then, a boss fight with one doesn't mean it is an expected win for PCs. Whatever, even in CoC GOOs and gods are statted, right
>>
>>54957761
>Whatever, even in CoC GOOs and gods are statted, right

They're statted, in the vein of "instantly kill x number of player per round" and "nothing the players can do can hurt this thing". If we have OFFICIAL primarchs, then the power of the game has gone kaput, because what's the point after that? Why didn't the emperor make 20 Player Characters instead of 20 Primarchs?
>>
We still doing artifacts? I have plenty.

The Celestial Orrey

This is a clockwork and mechanical map of the warp and the galaxy, not unlike a void abacus. When installed into a vessel, it provides the ability of making Warp Jumps up to 5 weeks in length and with a skilled navigator, makes jumps up to 10 weeks in length almost absolutely safe. When rolling for warp phenomena during navigation, roll a d10 and only on a 9 does it actually happen. It needs 10 units of space, taking up whole decks on smaller vessels, but draws no power.

The Phoenix Core

This plasma drive is more akin to a miniature sun then a reactor, like a great bird made of fire contained in magnetic power bands. It only fits in Cruiser class or bigger, taking up 20 Space, but provides a whopping 250 units of power.

And something for WFRP!

Tyrant's End

A Rosenkratz family heirloom. Tyrant's End is a spear of Best quality. It has a finely-made, silver-inlaid, leaf-bladed head, forged in bronze. The haft is made of dark, handsome wood. A line of bells forged from silver dangle on a slender cord from the end of the weapon, ringing as it is used. To the magically sensitive, Tyrant's End glimmers faintly with some hidden magic, though one might easily dismiss such a perception as mere fancy.

Though a magic weapon, Tyrant's End typically slumbers, behaving in all ways as a best-quality spear. When a vampire is near, however, the weapon 'awakens,' granting its wielder courage and potent power. Tyrant's End grants the Fearless and Stout-Hearted talents in the presence of a vampire. A vampire who attempts to handle Tyrant's End must make a Willpower test to do so, and it counts as an improvised weapon so long as it is used by one of night's dark masters. Note that when not in the presence of a vampire, Tyrant's End slumbers, granting no special bonuses against foes immune to mundane weapons.

Stats: 1d10+SB; Fast (Slumbering) OR 1d10+(1.5*SB); iAP, Fast, Special (Awakened)
>>
File: Necron of Disapproval.jpg (850KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Necron of Disapproval.jpg
850KB, 1300x1300px
>>54958213
>The Celestial Orrery

gib back pls
>>
So who wants a story of an Only War crew that, against all odds and amidst all idiocy, pull off a mission by accident?
>>
>>54958261
You don't even use the warp! Why would you want it?

And in fairness, the way they got the Celestial Orrey in the game I ran... they went through what the group called a Star Gate, as they found a mega structure on a star that rotated and spun it around, before opening it in the middle and when they passed through... they were half way across the galaxy.
>>
>>54958408

>The Celestial Orrery is a device located at the heart of the Necron Crownworld of Thanatos and is considered one of the galaxy's greatest treasures. It was crafted by the artisans of the Oruscar Dynasty long before the War in Heaven and is beyond any price in artistic value alone. This machine consists of a web of holograms and Necrodermis with the various tiny, floating, glowing lights representing a star in the galaxy. Each of these are recorded in an intricate matrix record that contains the locations of every star in the cosmos. An act that snuffs out any of these lights leads to its physical counterpart undergoing a supernova millennia before its time that destroys all the nearby worlds that circle it. Thus, the Celestial Orrery is capable of immense destructive power but the act of destroying a star must be done with careful consideration as it would as it would upset the natural order of the cosmos that could create a critical chain reaction. Through further manipulation, any imbalance can be rectified and returned to proper balance though this can take thousands of years of constant precise micromanagement.

That said, similar to that core, I had a unique one-off reactor called the Atomantic Arc Reactor, kind of like the dreadnought / mechanicum arc reactors but scaled up to starship energy. It provided infinite power, simply enough, and could bleed off power with a tech-use to arc-charge a voidship system. For example, you could arch-charge the void shields to turn them from one-and-done to a 6+ save on a 1d10, or double the speed of the engines, or grant special qualities to an arc-charged voidship weapon, and other stuff. That Atomantic Arc Reactor was the focus of a game all in itself, one I had a lot of fun running.
>>
>>54942499
Your Dudes was a stupid concept, nobody gave a solitary shit about the three pages of backstory you wrote up for your special snowflake chapter, they just wanted you to cut to the fucking chase and say which Chapter Tactics you were using so they could get on with the game.
>>
>>54958612
Well, the one that was used in my game was a completely mechanical map of space.

That was an adventure.

So was getting the Ironclad they put it in.

So was the Phoenix Core.
>>
>>54958739
>This post
>This general
I know I shouldnt give b8 (you)s, but I am genuinely curious if you posted in the wrong 40k thread or legitimately settled for bait this weak.
>>
File: Jetstream Sam Shrug.gif (2MB, 594x546px) Image search: [Google]
Jetstream Sam Shrug.gif
2MB, 594x546px
>>54958843
>>54958739

It is kind of true though. Since everyone is so fond of "Their Dudes", it causes argument when their view of what "Dudes" compromises does not match what another thinks. One person whose "Dudes" are "Blood Angels Successors, understrength, specialized against Eldar, favor flamer weaponry" may be seen as utterly boring to a second person, whose view of 40k is high action and whose "Dudes" are "Ultra / World Eater chimeric blackshield origins who fight as one entity using Legion tactics in the modern day". In turn, that first person may see the second person's "Dudes" as Sues because it doesn't match his grounded view of 40k. In essence, why bother explaining stuff out beyond close circles of friends who share your views? You're not gonna convince anyone. So just say "They use X squad mode, Y solo mode, and Z curse," and be done with it.
>>
>>54959151
But you could make that arguement about just about anything in 40k. The guy who would cause a shitfit over someone's homebrew not fitting their view of 40k would probably cause a shitfit of any number of things not fitting with their view of 40k: like how one GM i have will have commoner hivers run away from Machine God sorcery when a forcefield goes off while another has hivers know and understand what a forcefield is (just not necessarily how it works.) if Your Dudes is a stupid concept for 40k becuase it might not mesh well for everyone, I would say In that case 40k fluff is a stupid concept for 40k because it might not mesh well with everyone. And you only need to look at /tg/ for that.

Nevermind the implication that Your Dudes would only be accepted by friends, because who else would you play with? If there's anything vidya, 4chan, and roll20 has taught me it's that playing anything with randos is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>54959315
>40k fluff is a stupid concept for 40k

kek but this is true
>>
>>54959315
>You can make that argument about just about anything in 40k.
Like whether or not Your Dudes fits in with a person's view of 40k.
Dumb jokes aside I do think it's pretty retarded say Your Dudes is dumb in an rpg general where everything that happens is by nature Your Dudes
>>
>>54959417
This. Worrying about nucanon or oldcanon or midcanon or whatever the fuck is a waste of time, and serves only to waste time on 4chins in pointless arguments. You do you, your group do your group.
>>
>>54959315
>>54959442

But now let's consider it in the original context - "Can Your Dudes beat Mortarion?" It's just going to be an endless argument, because Mortarion means different things to different people, and neither side will accept the other's views.
>>
>>54959592
Well the answer looks to be yes soon. Your Dudes can beat Mortarion. But it's like you're going to go into a 40k thread and treat it like canon. But really that's never been what Your Dudes is about. Your Dudes is about having your own dudes with their own story that you and/or your friends can enjoy, which in a RPG can have a very tangible effect on a game. So it's understandable why people would react negatively towards what they see as an infringment of that freedom. Though it begs the question why they don't ignore that infringing retcon/new fluff piece in favor of old like so many would tell you to do, because from my own personal perspective, the only answer I can come up with "Because i don't want people on 4chins to have WRONG OPINIONS."
>>
>>54959697
It's not like you're going to go into a 40k thread*
>>
>>54959697
>Your Dudes can beat Mortarion

If I read a story like that I'd burn the book. Your Dudes should never even stand a chance against Mortarion. It's not a story at that point, it's a masturbation of Mary Sues inserted into the setting to stomp on its tenets.
>>
>>54960041
If you're looking for an argument on that point you're not going to get it. But nothing you say will change the objective fact that as soon as Mortarion gets RPG stats, it's possible for PCs to kill him. And if a group decides to go that route, I somehow doubt they'll stop and think, "Wait. Maybe we shouldn't do this guys, it might make someone on 4chan really upset!"
>>
>>54935979
Well our rouge trader group consists of the RT our Navigator 2 freebooterz 1 Mec and a weirdboy so assuming mid level with most RT resources that's 4 Nobz in mega armour one being a weirdboy
>>
File: Halo Canon.png (39KB, 235x189px) Image search: [Google]
Halo Canon.png
39KB, 235x189px
>>54959697
>Though it begs the question why they don't ignore that infringing retcon/new fluff piece in favor of old like so many would tell you to do

You have to understand, for many people, if it's written in the book, it's immutable law. You can go to any gaming group in the world, point to the core rulebook, and every group will say "Yes, I accept that." Consequently, good luck trying to use homebrew outside a specific circle of friends. Now, the official core book is making a statement that would have been impossible to many of these groups before (You can fight and win against a Primarch), and that's so jarring it makes people reconsider what they thought was immutable, and they don't know how to react. It's forcing nu-canon into what was originally their safe-space. Look at how many are told "Use Calixis instead of Askellon," and all you get back is waffling, and that's just a minor change. It's a mess in the making.
>>
>>54960196
>You have to understand, for many people, if it's written in the book, it's immutable law.
Fair enough, it just seems to me to be a totally unreasonable expectation in a setting like 40k where the retcons come with just about every single novel, splatbook, or MRB. I think my group has it right, you just need a 40k source, any source from anytime, to back up your point to be valid, and let the GM rule 0 any clashing viewpoints. Seems like the most reasonable thing to do rather than change the setting each time a new codex or novel comes out (Though to be fair, they've eased up on the setting changing retcons. And no to anyone who is thinking of saying it, the Great Rift is not a retcon, because nothing existed after 999.M41 to retcon.)
>>
BEST WEAPONS TO KILL MORTARION WITH

GO
>>
>>54962703
bar of soap
>>
>>54962703
Fate points.
>>
>>54962703

shoot him with lasgun until he dies
>>
>>54962703
autocannon
>>
>>54960196
What are you talking about? Either Calixis or Askellon works, it just depends on the type of game you want to run.
>>
>>54962703
Ultraviolet radiation.
>>
>>54964541

dude askellon fucking sucks. it doesn't have like 30 books with lore behind it like calixis does
>>
>>54962703
Weapons of Pus Destruction
>>
>>54962703

febreze
>>
>>54962703
Nova Canon shot, and /or bombardment canons loaded with best quality atomic warheads.
>>
Deathwatch question:

Anyone know where the chart for the Black Rage is for Flesh Tearers? My group can't seem to find it.
>>
>>54968043
There is the Dark Rage thing I see for their Primarch's Curse. If you're asking about the Blood Angel's Black Rage, it is under the insanity section of the core book around page 281.
>>
>>54968164
That's it, thanks.
>>
Soon my players will enter lower hive club which is controlled by drug abuser gang. I need some fine Blade-esque or dark industrial techno music, or basically music fitting to it, because when I look on yt for it I only find scooter type of shit there.
>>
The posts in this thread earlier have inspired me to post one of my own creations. I'm looking for a bit of criticism, because I hope to introduce this into an Only War game I'm going to be running.

Sergeant Salthorn's Fury

A master crafted Combat Shotgun of unknown origin used by Staff Sergeant Salthorn of the Firos 101st "Skyrangers" during an Ork Invasion of the agri world Castellan. During the invasion Sergeant Salthorn lead a counter attack straight through the Ork's lines, credited with single handedly killing 25 Ork Nobs, an uncountable number of Ork boyz, and the Warboss leading the invasion.
Class: Basic
Damage: 1d10+4I
Rld: Full
Range: 30m
Pen: 0
RoF: S/3/-
Clip: 18
Special: Scatter, Proven (3), Felling (2), Concussive (1)
>>
>>54970426
Mass Effect - Disturbia

Look it up on yutub
>>
>>54957314
>Are you selling RT: Into the Storm?
Yup, link below.
reddit :/r/40krpg/comments/6uqiiv/selling_my_40krpg_book_collection/
>>
Would Only War be a good fit for a Command and Conquer campaign?
>>
>>54970635
Aww shucks, Anon. I like you too
>>
File: Lyndros Sector.png (818KB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
Lyndros Sector.png
818KB, 1200x784px
R8 the sector I made for an upcoming OW campaign
>>
>>54971755
Damn, that'd be pretty nasty against anything that's not wearing armor
>>
>>54970426
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJWbB9V7dWU
>>
>>54973945
Green/10 I like it, but seems somewhat small. Just the most prominent worlds so far? Also, where did you get that template? I used it for >>54952291 >>54952304 and I can't remember where I found it.

>Kerlax
Anders is that you?
>>
File: Blank Sector Map.png (4MB, 5354x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Blank Sector Map.png
4MB, 5354x3500px
>>54974187
>Also, where did you get that template
>>
>>54974314
Read sentence following that Shas.
>>
File: Water Planet Planetrise.jpg (565KB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
Water Planet Planetrise.jpg
565KB, 2048x768px
>>54974392

Sector map making collection. Lots seem to use photoshop. Only place I know that has it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eaga3g853m8fa4d/
>>
>>54974187
>Also, where did you get that template?
An anon from another thread gave me a link, though a few of the planet icons (Gas giants, shrine, hive, fortress and forge worlds) are missing and I had to make my own
http://www.mediafire.com/file/laj4tr275fl2s09/Planet+Setup.rar
>>
>>54974559
>>54974629
Legit, precisely the collection I used but forgot to save the link to.
>though a few of the planet icons (Gas giants, shrine, hive, fortress and forge worlds)
I got those icons in my rar of it, but they're missing from the information sidebar in the template.
>>
>>54974187
>Just the most prominent worlds so far?
Yeah, I'm honestly kind of unsure what else I should add. Maybe some Ork/Chaos held worlds? So far all I really have is the 3 war worlds that the Imperium and the Severan Dominate are fighting over as far as theaters of conflict go
>>
File: d0a867c850c68a004b4ce7fcdc98ad1e.jpg (211KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
d0a867c850c68a004b4ce7fcdc98ad1e.jpg
211KB, 1024x731px
>>54975049
>Severan Dominate
Your sector is Calixis?

>Yeah, I'm honestly kind of unsure what else I should add
That's a good question. What kind of adventures do you intend to run in the sector? What kind of genre and various tropes are you trying to primarily evoke? What theme does your sector have? That dictates a fair amount of the type of worlds you want.

To give an example,>>54952291 Karybdis pictured here is a wilderness region of space in the pimply blackened ass end of the Eastern Fringe, bordering the intergalactic void intended for Rogue Trader games. The theme I'm going for it is pulpy high seas adventures in SPACE along the lines of pirate movies and the like. So I've included worlds that help evoke that high adventure feeling. For example;

Icenhof
Planet with long ass winters, shitloads of volcanoes, a "Queen of Air and Darkness" as the worlds ruler and a space dragon riding aristocracy that wears power armor that duels both in space and atmosphere with laser lances.

Thebsoom
Barsoom ripoff mixed with ancient egypt. Filled with half-naked red-skinned humans who duel with poisoned swords and wear personal shields that are super effective against ranged weapons but does not protect against melee weapons.Also has airships that sails on "light" that is the primary method of war.

The Pillar
A fuckhuge Ohnyl Colony (O'neill Cylinder) that is an independent human polity that has survived from the DAoT relatively unscathed. Filled with archaeotech goodies that its inhabitants are fully aware of how valuable they are.

Whalers' End
An inhospitable world that became a full on deathworld when three Void-Whales beached on the world, spilled their guts and started decaying. Now home to the largest Void-Whaling fleet in Karybdis and several Whaling Guilds (including a Squat run one) and something of a rough and ready space boomtown.
>>
>>54975388
>Your sector is Calixis?
I'd say it's near-ish/shares a border? The thought was that the Dominate is trying to expand its influence into the sector and has a minor foothold

>What kind of adventures do you intend to run in the sector?
Well, I'm starting out with an Only War campaign. Gonna open with the player's regiment making a push to destroy a promethium refinery, and ultimately have them shot down on a feral world and separated from the main force (cribbing a bit off the Death or Glory Ciaphas Cain novel, just with jungle in place of desert.) After that, who knows?

>What kind of genre and various tropes are you trying to primarily evoke? What theme does your sector have?
Not sure, to be honest, I mainly made it so I could make up my own fluff rather than have to read up on a premade setting. So far I have a bit on the individual planets, but not much on the sector's history and whatnot
>>
>>54973784
space marines as zone troopers, guardsman as regular gdi infantry, orcas for thunderhawk, MARV for baneblades, titans for small 40k titans, nods chosen for csm and regular nod infantry as cultists, avatars as small traitor titans, eh i could see it even though it's a little clunky with a lot of work it could turn out pretty badass

fitting the scrin in is the real challenge, imo they share more traits with 'nids than any other 40k xeno what with the biomechanics and "harvesting" thing but it's still a clunky fit

unless i'm just totally misunderstanding your idea, in that case disregard me i suck cocks
>>
>>54975638
>I'd say it's near-ish/shares a border? The thought was that the Dominate is trying to expand its influence into the sector and has a minor foothold
So it's connected by some kind of warp-route, atleast. And if I remember the fluff on the Severans from OW, they're getting their shit pushed in and don't have the ability to expand. But I could be wrong and it's not completely unthinkable if you want to use the Severans.

>Well, I'm starting out with an Only War campaign
Think in broader narrative concepts. Like, do you want to run "Grim military operations" or "Investigation and Corruption in places of power" or "Two-fisted Space adventures in the 41st millennium". That starts you out better than an idea for a single, specific campaign.

>Not sure, to be honest, I mainly made it so I could make up my own fluff rather than have to read up on a premade setting.
Once you have the adventure tropes and genre conventions you want, the rest generally falls in place pretty quick in my experience.
>>
>>54975745
Well, I was referring the raw game mechanics so you're not totally off. Something that lets the players participate in a sci fi war in a world unraveling due to mineral poisoning.

As for scrin, I was thinking in terms of Necrons given how advanced they are, how old they are, and how inscrutable they are to everyone else.
>>
>>54975898
scrin dont necessarily have to be based around xenos, given the religious aspects of Nod and their reverence of tiberium and to an extent the scrin as well, nod could use the mechanics of the mortal servants of chaos and the scrin chaos demons. given that tiberium mutates and corrupts mortals in a similar fashion to the warp, and strengthens the scrin in a manner that warp does chaos demons you could do something on that front as well

honestly there are a few parallels if you're willing to stretch it, gdi uses tiberium for economic and scientific pursuits and seeks to restrict and destroy it otherwise, the imperium uses the warp for travel and limited use of sanctioned psykers, while it seeks to terminate unsanctioned psyckers and generally limit the exposure of chaos to humanity at large

sorry if none of this stuff is useful to you I'm just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks
>>
File: 1429084053599.gif (46KB, 612x456px) Image search: [Google]
1429084053599.gif
46KB, 612x456px
>>54976245
But in terms of playing out a campaign where you blow up central Europe by accident, does OW capture big ol' fights well or should I keep things around the players?
>>
>>54976472
oh yeah, given the scale of the core command and conquer games OW is really the only system that work, it's all about the massive armies and epic battles. I don't know much about black crusade though so you may want to look into that as well.

although if you throw c&c renegade into the mix, it opens up a lot of venues for DH-style small scale commando team-type gameplay as well.

I'm a huge c&c fan and very interested in where this goes
>>
>>54976472
I mean, there are rules for mass combat, but it's geared a bit more toward smaller skirmishes
>>
File: 5xBOrnH.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
5xBOrnH.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>54976472
>tfw this old-ass picture from when I was just learning photoshop is still around
I should make a better version.
>>
Does anyone have the little pamphlet they were distributing at GenCon about WNG?
>>
File: 1442689163014.jpg (40KB, 284x327px) Image search: [Google]
1442689163014.jpg
40KB, 284x327px
>>54976666
Nice digits

>>54976640
Thanks. I'll check them out and see if they fit what I need.
>>
>>54974559
Should I transfer those assets to Unity and make a map-making program in that? Or Visual Basic?
>>
File: Smug Yupiel.jpg (194KB, 805x285px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Yupiel.jpg
194KB, 805x285px
>>54976732

Don't be a bitch, build it in FORTRAN
>>
File: 1351260985580.jpg (47KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
1351260985580.jpg
47KB, 465x600px
>>54976816
>not assembler
>>
File: Step up Senpai.jpg (86KB, 462x630px) Image search: [Google]
Step up Senpai.jpg
86KB, 462x630px
>>54976825

>not signal flags
>>
>>54924852
I just had a thought about a WH40K RP and here it is, this thread graces me with it's presence. Is there something in the Book Repositoriy that I should read for a beginner with Rogue Trader, it sounds fun to get into.
>>
>>54976837
>Not butterflies
>>
>>54976842
As in for fluff or playing the game? You should always start with the core book and splats.
>>
>>54976967
Both really. I'll give them a dl now. Thhanks.

>Splats.

I really am out of the loop, what are those?
>>
>>54977005
>splats
The rules expansions, as they include "more things for you to splat , or splat things with".
>>
A group is playing rogue trader, and I want to make a character who can just drop in and out as necessary. So I want to be just.. a dude. No one super important.

What's the best class to play a gunslinger old west style, but without a bunch of setting baggage attached?
>>
>>54977852

Arch-militant
>>
>>54971755
Is there a reason for low Proven values on a single damage die?
>>
>>54977852
Build him with a class like arch-militant if you want, but you could also build him classlessly- just set his characteristic scores, skills, talents, etc. without worry about staying inside class lines and without rolling any dice. This lets you make him more quickly than if you were allotting him experience and spending it to build him, and it lets you make characters with idiosyncratic capabilities.
>>
>>54924852
OP, your image is beautiful.
>>
File: Guard after the Marines.png (217KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
Guard after the Marines.png
217KB, 500x302px
If you're playing Only War, who handles what the comrade thinks and says? Obviously it's up to the player for when it comes time to give orders and positioning, but what about outside of combat? What happens if the player and the comrade are out on patrol, and it's a good time for idle chat? Or maybe, the player is talking with the armorium officer while the comrade stands nearby. Who controls what input the comrade gives?
>>
>>54977005
The GM.
>>
>>54980337
Meant for >>54980253 I'm not sure how I misclicked that.
>>
File: eg58.jpg (2MB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
eg58.jpg
2MB, 2200x1650px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQSVSANqZVg [Embed]

The Ulisses seminar/panel, in case you haven't seen it yet.

Can we make
>Broad and Inclusive
a meme?

I asked the question about digital products

>>54976816
There were FORTRAN courses at my college. When I tried to sign up, they told me they were for compsci and engineering majors, not business.

>>54980253
I would have the player handle it, because then the player can handle that minion's development. If the DM does it, they become a bit too much like NPCs. Ideally, I'd say it would be great if it could be a collaborative effort to give comrades some development along with the rest of the party. I'm pretty sure at least half the characters in Eagle Ordinary are Comrades to PCs.
>>
>>54980253

The GM handles it. The players only control their characters.
>>
File: Warhammer-40k-art.jpg (280KB, 947x642px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer-40k-art.jpg
280KB, 947x642px
>>54980480
>cutesie 40K fanart
disgusting
>>
>>54955491
That honestly sounds awful
>>
>>54955223
>You will see the regret in the Radical's face, the fear in the Harlequins mask.
What the fuck does that even mean?!
>>
Everything about the new game just seems like shit.
>>
>>54955223
>>54955491
So keep an eye on it and if the simplified crunch is better just completely homebrew the fluff, got it
>>
>>54980901
I was just paraphrasing. Basically, you will see your fears reflected in the mask of the Solitaire.
>>
>>54979002
It'll do 7 damage at the very least, so 3 on your average boy which is better than nothing.
>>
>>54981438
Sure, that's the 'primary tier of obvious' answer.

Point is, if you hit, you already have the option of replacing one damage die roll with the attack successes. Using semi-auto burst, you're expecting/hoping for 3 successes or more, otherwise you use a standard attack.
>>
Question for an upcoming DH1e game.

I'm looking at playing an Arbite with the Cult Stalker alternative career but I've come across a bit of confusion.

The Alternative Career gives me an Income table specific to it (looks like a modified Scum table) but I'm playing a Noble Born which makes we use Noble income.

Which takes precedent?
>>
File: Untitled.png (58KB, 337x117px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
58KB, 337x117px
>>54982444

Noble Homeworld always overrides your career, and doubles your starting cash. It's part of the description for Wealth on page 16 of The Inqusitor's Handbook. Noble income is on page 124 of the DH1E Core Rulebook.
>>
>>54982533
Cheers
>>
File: D3N0B30_d.jpg (67KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
D3N0B30_d.jpg
67KB, 640x447px
>>
I know this likely gets asked a lot, but I looked through the OP and couldn't find much. What's a good start to learning the lore of the 40k universe? I'm looking to run a Rogue Trader game, so I'm not too sure what is and isn't relevant. Should I just skim through the wiki, or are there lore newbie friendly books?
>>
>>54985378
Rogue Trader mostly takes place outside of the usual boundaries of the setting, so things that would be hallmarks of a campaign in another system are usually optional. Read Lexicanum entries for xenos and whatever else looks like it might come up (for example if a player is going to make a missionary read up on the Ecclesiarchy) and go from there. Avoid 1d4chan and the attention-whorely named "Warhammer 40K Wiki" at all costs
>>
>>54985608
Any reason for avoiding 1d4chan and the wiki? Aside from the official wiki, any tips?
>>
>>54985688
Eisenhorn and Ravenor for DH and maybe also RT, Most of ADB's 40k work for BC, the Space Marine Battles books for Deathwatch, and Gaunt's Ghosts for Only War.

The core rulebooks also do a nice job of summing up the setting as it relates to the systems, without needing an entire library to store them.

And I will reiterate, no, I'm not putting BL Books in the MEGA. FFG was a contracted third party, BL is a direct GW subsidiary, I'm not risking GW's Lawyers that openly.
>>
>>54985724
That said, there *is* a scan of the Uplifting Primer in the OW directory.

It was in one of the torrents I used to construct the MEGA initially. Go nuts.
>>
>>54985688
>1d4chan
Ancient outdated shitty memes spouted at every opportunity and many parts manage to completely miss the point of whatever they're talking about.

>wiki
[Citation needed] everywhere. Headcanon, fanfiction, and shit that is just not true presented as fact all over the place.

>any tips
Read through the RT core rulebook, there should be plenty of quotes and descriptions and bits of fluff accompanied by fitting art to use as inspiration for the atmosphere you wanna go for. Regarding the setting in general, pick up Dawn of War GotY Edition during a Steam sale and play the campaign.
>>
>>54985688
Use lexicanum. Avoid the jewtubers making "lore" videos when they read it directly from lexicanum. Especially this cancer "vaults of terra"
>>
>>54985807
>>54985958
Thanks, anons. Wish me luck. I've wanted to run RT for a while.
>>
>>54980480
Disgusting art.
>>
>>54980547
>>54986059
You know that most people don't take your silly setting seriously, nor the people dumb enough to take it seriously, right?
>>
>>54985958
Isn't Lexicanum kill, though?
>>
Playing DH2e and can't fathom what is the point of Dumdum Bullets when everything with even only 1 armor point totally nullifies the bonus damage you get (2 at most on weapons with more penetration) and everything above makes them worse than normal bullets?
>>
>>54960196

anyone who uses nucanon is not worth gaming with.
>>
>>54987735
Hunting stuff with no armor at all.
>>
>>54987747
I mean, aren't they useless as encountering stuff with no armor is basically harmless civilians or harmless fauna?
>>
>>54987839
There are things that use their overblown toughness bonus instead of any armor. Use dumdums against them.
>>
>>54987839
Not everything you run into is a hardened military unit in flak or better, anon.
Cultists, recidivists and the like, for example.
>>54960041
>>54960153
And why is this a problem, actually, other than masturbating over power levels in the lore?
In HH, Guilliman almost gets whacked by a Alpha Legion strike team armed with bolters, and is nearly done in by Kor Phaeron, a lone space marine. Guilliman straight up admits that killing a primarch is as simple as a bolt round to the head.
The daemon primarches have ALL been beaten back in battle by those with the strength, valor and courage to do so, and not every defeat is expounded upon. I'd have some issue playing a game with a gm who won't let me do something not because I tried and failed, but because I, in their opinion, should not be able to do it, in spite of my own efforts.
>>
File: SangyisScary.png (768KB, 820x1260px) Image search: [Google]
SangyisScary.png
768KB, 820x1260px
>>54988092
No comment about the rest of that, but primarchs won't go down to a bolt shot in the head. Fulgrim took one in the dome and got up afterwards. Then you have pic related.
>>
>>54988204
Pic related is showing Sangy being nuts, which is expected.
The incident with Fulgrim however is BL power level shit, where Curve can take on 2+ primarches alone and win, but in the next book, gets walloped by one of the 2+ primarches he was fighting before when he was alone.
Since a lot of it is "what canon you follow", I prefer the one where the primarches are being humble about their own strength, rather than being waxed off as invincible demigods that can't be defeated by exterminatus grade weapons.
>>
>>54988092
>The daemon primarches have ALL been beaten back in battle by those with the strength, valor and courage to do so
I'll admit I might be missing something, but when has a Daemon Primarch ever been beaten without
A) Guilliman there in the case of Magnus
or
B)Entire squads of Grey Knights led by a Captain or higher - psychic super-warriors literally tailored made for this exact specific purpose.

Though I guess if they release rules for a Grey Knight Grandmaster PC, then that point goes out the window.
>>
>>54988317
>Guilliman there in the case of Magnus
Magnus was struck down, definitively, by Grimnar.
As for the second, you are proving my point.
Up until Mortarion and Draigo, the only text in the entire history of the setting of a daemon primarch being defeated in battle was 1st War for Armageddon. So either other encounters with them can be assumed to have happened in the background, or you have to assume the daemon primarches, with the exception of a single run by Angron, NEVER leave the EoT to wreck shit.
I'm saying it's foolish to assume no battles have happened because GW hasn't graced us with more lore, and even more so to assume they are invulnerable when in the case of each daemon primarch being beaten, it was usually due to the efforts of a single exceptional human warrior.
Going on to say that players, in a hobby defined by it's possibilities, can't be that exceptional warrior because you don't want them to be strikes me as a betrayal of the bedrock of a GM's duty to allow the players to succeed, or fail, based on their own merits as defined by the game mechanics and setting. I'd make it hard as fuck and unlikely to succeed, even at incredible cost, but it would not be impossible because I decree it so as GM, you dig?
>>
>>54988458
>Magnus was struck down, definitively, by Grimnar.
This, we know from what ADB has said about Abaddon, and the Grimnar v. Magnus fight, that sufficiently powerful champions of chaos with one or more gods behind them, can beat daemon primarchs. Though, that makes sense really, we know from Luther that the Chaos Gods can make mortals primarch tier easy peasy.
>>
>>54988458
Well that remains within the point of what the other anon was saying. The people who don't like the idea, are arguing that you shouldn't be matching the feats the legendary chapter masters, primarchs, and, I guess in the case of Aurelian, captains. In their mind PCs aren't supposed to be capable of the setting-defining feats established characters are.
Though that anon did also acknowledge that if they were to say, make rules for making a GK GM PC, they would be explicitly putting PCs in a position to have that capacity.
>>
>>54988606
>In their mind PCs aren't supposed to be capable of the setting-defining feats established characters are.
That's like playing D&D and being told you can't actually do shit in Forgotten Realms because there are already important people there who you are supposed to fellat-, oh, wait, I don't play FR when I decide to play D&D for that exact reason.
I love the setting, but when I'm playing or running the rpg, the players are the fucking stars, not the npcs that will likely never even show up in the game because the galaxy is huge and events happen so far away from each other.
I state that denying your players possibilities of being mighty and achieving great things because npcs fucking exist is twatitude of the highest grade, and GMs who promote it need to be hung by their toes and have their out of print FFG 40k books burnt beneath them.
Now I got that out, and I'm gonna stop being mad, and get back to plotting against my GM, who I am fairly sure is sending 3 hounds of khorne after me while I'm sitting in a tree in the woods.
>>
>>54988092
>Not everything you run into is a hardened military unit in flak or better, anon.
Cultists, recidivists and the like, for example

Ok, but i mean, you only need heavy leathers to nullify most weapon that can use those bullets, and i would expect gangers and cultist to carry at least 1 armor point around since they are obviously in a pretty dangerous line of work.

Right now i can only find about a couple daemons and a couple animals that don't have any kind of armor whatsoever (wether through gear or natural armor)...

What kind of enemies do you usually find against which those bullets are useful?
>>
>>54985608
1d4chan for the gist, youtube lore for when you wanna do something else and listen in the background, lexicanum for more in depth looks
>>
>>54988749
Hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Far worse than that my friend, far worse.
>>
So DH has Catholic Space Nazis, RT has Heretical Space Jews, what are some other alternate titles for the other systems, in the same vein as those two?
>>
>>54989512
>What kind of enemies do you usually find against which those bullets are useful?
Generally humans who are not wearing full armor coverage.
Most armor that is not guard flak or light carapace does not cover either arms, legs or head.
>>54989619
>1d4chan for the gist
Not even once.
>>54989661
Bro, don't always leave the book page open to what you are throwing at your players, I saw the pictures and can do math, eventually.
That said, I think I may have fucking finally found myself a good scrap. No turrets to dodge or beat up daemonhosts to slap around.
I'm gonna do my best to rules of nature this one, too, and if you strike me down, then I die knowing that it took more than 50 armed men, a primaris psyker, an unbound daemonhost, and literal demons to stop me.
Do your damnedest, brother, that's all I ask.
>>
If you put three regular guys and a psyker into Space Marine armour, could they use it?
>>
>>54991592
Not without extensive difficulty.
>>
File: The Karybdis Abyss 1.0.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Karybdis Abyss 1.0.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
So I've pumped out another homebrew supplement. Posted the maps upthread >>54952291 >>54952304 and mentioned a few worlds >>54975388.

The Karybdis Abyss is a setting supplement for my homebrew region of wilderness space in the pimply, blackened ass end of the Eastern Fringe right on the edges of the intergalactic void. It's a place filled with all kinds of pirates, brigands, Void-Whalers, space monsters and space princesses that need rescuing by dashing swashbuckling heroes. Shit's pretty pulp adventure.

Includes:
-Fluff on local Rogue Trader dynasties
-Historical timeline
-Buttload of worlds
-Local equipment
-New Starship hulls
-Literal Space Dragons

Hope you enjoy it /40krpg/.
>>
I may have missed something, but is there anywhere in Only War that gives guidelines as to how Comrades are equipped compared to the PC they're usually glued to? For instance, if the regiment has frag grenades in their standard kit and a PC runs out, could that PC ask their Comrade for their frag grenades?
>>
>>54992698

Comrade gear is either nonfunctional or superglued to the comrade. Players can't ask for reloads or extra weapons.
>>
>>54991719
interesting read. What would be the acquisition modifier for a Dragon Prince and/or his steed ?
>>
File: Imrik.jpg (173KB, 416x974px) Image search: [Google]
Imrik.jpg
173KB, 416x974px
>>54992816
I've yet to figure that out, I consider that to be a PC option first and foremost (since one of the character pitches I gave one of my players is an Icenhof Dragon Prince). But I suppose Extremely Hard would be appropriate, recruiting a freelance Dragon Prince (without modifiers based on roleplaying) is on the same level as recruiting a Freeblade Imperial Knight.
>>
>>54991414
BC has Satanic Space Marines
>>
>>54991719
>laser upgrades
I like you
>>
I'm playing in a Black Crusade game but i'm finding it exceedingly difficult to walk the fine line between proper chaos worship and LOLEDGY SO GRIMDARK.

Anyone got any good tips on chaos stuff that i can do to gain infamy/corruption without going full edgy-mode? Character is dedicated to Slaanesh and we're smack-bang in the middle of the Screaming Vortex with other chaos worshipers as far as the third eye can see.
>>
>>54994445
Oppose law and order and Imperial Authority. Don't rape and kill and maim without reason or a god to appease. Go on raids to gather up slaves so you can build temples to your god, for instance. Not all Slaanesh worship is drug-fueled rapefests.
>>
>>54994563
Not much law, order or Imperial Authority to be had where we are.

Slave raids and temple building might be something i could get behind though
>>
>>54994618
You could also torture people to get intense emotions and sensations going. Grab a mono-knife, carefully remove someone's skin over the course of a few hours, then throw them up on a cross or something and get some drugs going so they don't die. Remind people why Fabius Bile inclines towards Slaanesh worship.
>>
>>54994699
Sounds like I'll just have to ratchet down my internal Edgy-alarm a few notches. Guess going from Mutants and Masterminds silver-age game to Black Crusade was an even bigger leap in playstyle that i imagined.
>>
>>54994445
>>54994846
Slaanesh is the hardest god to not be edgy with. Just embrace the edge, savoring all of it.
>>
>>54991719
Oh I will, thanks anon.
>>
Someone mentioned the Dawn of War GoTY edition to play through to help learn some lore. Any other recommended vidya?
>>
Well, it's time. I have work more or less sorted out, so now I have time.

Who wants to play Only War? Recruitment for Solaris: Binary Soul, my Only war game, is now open. Everything you need to know is in the Call to Players here. Looking forward to see your applications. I can answer questions as well if needed.

Make sure you pay attention to the details! I would hate to disqualify people again because they forgot one of the things I asked for in the email...
>>
>>54995049
Space Marine is actually a good game for learning the lore of what being a space marine is like, and tones down the movie marine aspect of the faction stories.
>>
>>54995049
>>54995109
Seconding Space Marine. The Battlefleet Gothic: Armada campaign is also excellent.
>>
>>54995109
>>54995157
Thanks, anons. I'll look into it.
>>
>>54995056

oh man it's go time
>>
>>54995056
I'll give it a shot and apply, just need to figure out what I'd like to play/who my character is. Hope things go smoothly on your end, running a campaign and managing all the applications can be rough, so thanks for opening this to the public even if it's extra work.
>>
>>54995056
I'd love to join, but I go to BMT in 8 days.

Shit.
>>
>>54995056
How often do you think you'll run sessions? I normally work until 6 on the weekdays, and I'm worried I might not make it on time if I want to join.
>>
>>54995056
Godspeed, m8. I'll wait for Necron happenings, but I look forward to storytime.
>>54997828
Read the Call to Players. It covers that stuff.
Speaking from past experience, though, his games are weekly.
>>
So, whats the tone of the games you guys run?

Im gonna be running Only War soon and im going for a Bad Company vibe here.
>>
>>55000306
My group is pretty goofy and has a lot of in-jokes, and while we follow the general plot we basically just skip to stuff that interests us.. I however enjoy a more plodding game, with low exp rewards but high risks, leads that fizzle and can get ruined at a single decision, but the chance to renew and find a different path. I prefer the system being chaotic, and your campaign not to have a clear goal.

I like subplots and maybe even forgetting the original objective all together if something the group finds more worth doing is presented.
>>
>>54958190
The Primarchs were Player Characters in the Emperor's 40kRPG game.
>>
Any sightings of the 'Revelations' pamphlet they mentioned in that video?
>>
>>54995056
Shame I work nights.
>>
>>55000814

No sightings yet, just YouTube summaries and aurotranslates
>>
>>55000799

And half suddenly decided to play black crusade?
>>
In a white room environment, would a psyker beat a Mech-Priest?
>>
>>55005724

depends on distance, equipment, powers, xp level...
>>
I need an Imperial miniboss team to throw at my players, give me your best Foxhound/Deadcell/Cobra unit wannabes
>>
>>55006207
Team Rocket.
>>
>>55006207
How powerful of minibosses?
>>
File: mad scientist belly dancing.gif (1008KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
mad scientist belly dancing.gif
1008KB, 400x300px
What hobbies do your enemies and rivals have?

Our Explorator once encountered a pirate lord selling stuff in an alley behind a warehouse in a footfall slum.

While he did have some high value stuff hidden behind all the low end crap he was selling, It seems like he did this kind of slumming it and scamming people for fun. It helped that he controlled a slum where he was doing this.

If you are wondering, the Explorator didn't die and the pirate lord's displacer field sent him away. The Explorator then helped herself to the cheap kroot weapons as well as the high value things he'd had hidden, including a Jokaero (yes they do belong to the inquisition).
>>
>>54991417
I will trust me.
>>
>>55006601
You could also use proper grammar.
Grammar nazi-ing my GM on a mongolian throat yodeling site
>>
>>55006506

ideally you kill enemies before you learn their hobbies
>>
>>55006283
I was just expecting vague concepts not stats. Probably Elites, because a group of Masters seems a bit much
>>
File: Thrawn.png (189KB, 778x789px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.png
189KB, 778x789px
>>54996704

All my games are recruited from here, as per the Ancient Codes.

>>54997828

Usually I would run weekly games, and with a fair window. In a perfect world, things would start ~7pm or so, dependent on everyone's schedules. It can all be ironed out if you are selected.

>>55008292

Bullshit. You learn their hobbies and from there learn how to kill them.
>>
>>55010773
>All my games are recruited from here, as per the Ancient Codes.

Why would you do such a thing to yourself?
>>
File: 40kImperialGuard01.jpg (112KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
40kImperialGuard01.jpg
112KB, 750x600px
>>55011007
Masochism, but at least we get fun stories out of it.
>>
>>55009852
Could use stormtroopers as a base and give them bonuses based upon OW guardsmen specialties.
>>
>>55006207
Renegade Scion Team.
>>
>>55011007

It's not that bad. It usually ends up being a ride. I like getting new people every so often because it keeps things fresh.
>>
Hey guys, last night i've had a discussion with another player in a DH2e game, and i thought i'd ask for /tg/'s opinion:
does the time required to reload a weapon (in the weapon stat) takes into account the ready action needed to draw the clip, or should any reload time be prolongued in actual game time by the half action needed for the ready action?
>>
>>55012298
It is.
If a weapon has a reload of 1 Full Action, it will only take 1 Full Action to do this.
>>
>>55012375
Are there any sources i can show him?
>>
>>55012298
I feel adding on another part-action to draw the next mag/clip/whatever is needlessly granular, and really should be considered as being automatically folded into the standard reload time as listed on the weapon itself.

So long as you have the next container of ammunition readily available (as in on your body or next to you, not in a duffel bag in your Chimera) you just spend the necessary actions as per the specific weapon.
>>
>>55012437
its a basic assumption of the system, so there is no direct source unless you want to show the inference of such in the reloading weapons section.
>>
>>55012285
Hey Shas. Got a question about Parting Gift and how it may work with Acrobatics. Basically, if you pass an Acro test, the disengage action is reduced to a Half Action. Does this work with Parting Gift?

Also, if a Destroyer performs the above scenario, does the Disengage Action gain the Attack subtype or can the marine perform ANOTHER attack after disengaging? (Naturally, this would be a standard, single shot attack)
>>
File: Volkite Moritat.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Volkite Moritat.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>55013751
>Does this work with Parting Gift?
I don't see why it wouldn't. Parting Gift requires the Disengage action as a trigger. It doesn't matter if it's half or full. In theory you can use this to boost your mobility even further by disengaging, circling for a flank with the second half action move, and then popping the free shots.

>Can the marine perform ANOTHER attack after disengaging?
The Marine can then perform another attack after disengaging, since these are meant to be free shots. It does not gain the attack subtype. Since it's not specifically an attack subtype action, it can circumvent the 1 attack action per turn rule. So he can essentially tap three shots out and move the normal disengage boost. It syncs up with a mobile Moritat build, and works great for that Consul rank.
>>
>>54995056

Last time I fucked up and got disqualified for missing information. I won't fuck up again.
>>
File: Paper2.png (627KB, 551x725px) Image search: [Google]
Paper2.png
627KB, 551x725px
>>
>>55013873
>Parting Gift requires....popping the three shots
I was fairly certain on this part.

>The Marine can then perform another attack...etc
Good to know. Thanks man.
I'm apart of a group playing the homebrew right now. It's been fun so far. Top shit m8.
>>
>>54995056

How many players have you got so far?
>>
>>55014315
he doesn't do selection until after deadline so who knows, but the final result is always 4
>>
>>54995056
>Make sure you aren't some kind of weirdo
Is it too weird to be a Feral Worlder?
>>
File: 'Tis a moth!.jpg (77KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
'Tis a moth!.jpg
77KB, 800x533px
>>55014315

So far, one applicant sent in their stuff. There's still three days left.

>>55014380

Four to five this time, depending on certain factors.

>>55014424

Feral Worlders are perfectly fine. By "weirdos" I mean secret chaos cultists, genestealer hybrids, half-eldars, chechens, lacrymoles, or other stuff in that regard.
>>
>>55014488
>chechens
What do you have against Chechnya?
>>
>>55014488
>So far, one applicant sent in their stuff. There's still three days left.
If someone ends up being a bad fit for the group, will you ask for someone else you know to join?
>>
File: 1413148883229.png (1011KB, 917x845px) Image search: [Google]
1413148883229.png
1011KB, 917x845px
>>55014521
>>
File: Watering the Chechens.jpg (54KB, 499x273px) Image search: [Google]
Watering the Chechens.jpg
54KB, 499x273px
>>55014526

If during the initial meeting someone decides to drop out, another applicant will be contacted, randomly selected by schedule.

>>55014521

Very scary place, like Mordor. I hear the ground itself screams in anguish when you walk on it.
>>
File: 1413148883192.jpg (127KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1413148883192.jpg
127KB, 500x392px
>>55014521
>>
File: 1337837990485.jpg (17KB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1337837990485.jpg
17KB, 220x242px
>>55014536
>>55014547
>>55014564
>>
File: 1429038510293.png (7KB, 467x64px) Image search: [Google]
1429038510293.png
7KB, 467x64px
>>55014521

Chechens aren't people, anon
>>
File: Mars_landing_pad.png (612KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Mars_landing_pad.png
612KB, 600x620px
Any of you bros have an good 40k prop assets for making a small spaceport? Barrels, hangers, cogitators etc.
>>
FRESH

>>55014763
>>55014763
>>55014763
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.