[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Identity Spoofed ...Encryption Keys Generated ...Connecti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 53

File: Lab.png (1MB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
Lab.png
1MB, 1280x726px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connection failed. Try again? y
...Connection failed. Try again? y
...Connected to %ERROR
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to %ERROR...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54874396
>REBOOT?.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: NOT FOUND (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'WHERE ARE YOU?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Back from the Dead Edition.

Do your runners actually use Docwagon?
Has it saved them ever, or just been a waste of nuyen?

dead general edition
>>
Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade one's grid subscription without also upgrading lifestyle?
>>
>>54925259

What's preventing you from just doing so?

Do you mean RAW, or just in chummer?
>>
>>54925435
Well I can find any way to do so in chummer, but mostly I was wondering if there was something I missed in the RAW before I turned to homebrew rules.
>>
File: file.png (167KB, 394x279px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
167KB, 394x279px
>>54924845
IT SHOULD OF BEEN GHOST DANCE EDITION!

The Great Ghost Dance happened on august 17, 2017 at 10:43am you fucker
>>
>>54925495
Sure you can, just pay the cost.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (381KB, 1280x621px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
381KB, 1280x621px
>>54925507

FUCK, I FORGOT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THE GENERAL BECAUSE WE WERE WITHOUT ONE FOR A FEW HOURS
>>
Trying to decide between the normal or collectors edition of the Run and Gun (minimal price difference due to a sale), can anybody tell me about their quality ? Do they fall apart unless bound like the core rulebook ?
>>
>>54925589
I'm talking about getting a local or global grid with a low lifestyle, which as far as I can tell, is impossible.
>>
>my current runner team has broken every part of the Shadowrunner's mantra
>went spray n pray in a factory during a run against NeoNET
>didn't keep our heads down and got caught
>forced into a bargain by Celedyr to track down some data SK stole about the Cerberus debacle
Why are my group mates so inept
>>
>>54925889
The lifestyle in minimum lifestyle isn't minimum to have the thing it's minimum to get it for free
>>
>>54926143
Okay, thanks omae
>>
Would anyone be interested in an alternate ruleset to make some things simpler while capitalizing the things i like and diversifying the core gameplay to allow more types of campaigns more easily?

I'm not sure if I want to downgrade 5e or build upon Anarchy's foundation, or if I want to make something completely different from scratch and distribute my not!shadowrun for free.

Would you be interested in that? What do you suggest, from my choices above? What are some things that are in most desperate need of changing? Any suggestions on what you'd like to see?
>>
>>54926268
I have read your post for like the third time and I still don't know what you are trying to do/ask
what do you mean by
>to allow more types of campaigns more easily?
>>
>>54926689
He's trying to make Pathfinder: Shadowrun Edition, along with Shadowfinder Society.
>>
I have asked this to other groups but I want to hear more replies. Magic is slowly returning to the real world and for whatever reason one of the earliest dragons want you Anon to become his "shadowrunner", he will give you gold and advice to help you on help him. Everyone knows not to make a deal with a dragon but knowing the shitstorm coming with the return of magic don't you want to have the high ground?
>>
>>54926268
>Would anyone be interested in an alternate ruleset to make some things simpler while capitalizing the things i like and diversifying the core gameplay to allow more types of campaigns more easily?
You like the things you like. Without previous experience in judging what you would like, I doubt anyone else is in as good a position to suggest things that work with what you like.
>>
>>54925597
You fucked it up anyways with the title. Sage, kill, reboot
>>
Has anyone tried out Anarchy? It looks way too freeform and lite for my taste but I might be wrong. Is it compatible with 5e's stuff or is it kind of a standalone?
>>
>>54927794
If he gets me an FN-FAL, I'll do it.
>>
>>54929888
>Chance to learn mother fucking magic
>Picks the gun

/k/ pls
>>
>>54929915

Dude. Geek the mage first.
The best way not to look like a mage is to have a rifle handy and not wear fuckin' robes.
>>
>>54929754
It's completely stand-alone. Enough rules were changed that despite one being clearly based on the other, there's no real cross compatibility.
>>
File: Shadowrun Anarchy.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Anarchy.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>54929754
It's not even light and freeform, it's 5e with a bunch of shit hacked off, but none of the shit that actually makes 5e a mess.
>>
>>54929947
Gunmage, I can dig it
>>
>>54929969
Exactly. Mages should know how to use a gun. Suppressive fire is an asset to the team, and never know when background count is gonna fuck you.
>>
>>54929915
FN-FAL will solve all problems. 7.62 is the purifying element.

If the FAL can't kill it, then we can all follow the advice of Mertz von Quirnheim and blow it the FUCK up.
>>
File: 443e47_6308507.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
443e47_6308507.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
>>54929888
>>54930463
>>
So, just how badly do I need a commlink? What rating do I need it at?
>>
>>54925597
Fuck you
>>
File: Prophecy.png (603KB, 669x476px) Image search: [Google]
Prophecy.png
603KB, 669x476px
So in recent thread people have been bandying about how to fix technomancers. And I think I may have found a solution. If one incorporates the brainhacking elements of EotM, as well as letting them slave devices to themselves and have skinlink by default.
and maybe rename them neuromancers bc Gibson[/spoilers]
Thoughts?
>>
>>54930763
Having one is mandatory, but unless you do tech shit rating isn't too important. I wouldn't get a rating 1 though.
>>
Which do you guys like better? Street Scum sessions or Prime Runners? Prime is kind of cool just on the fact that you can actually tell Johnsons to fuck off if your contacts are decent enough, but there's something really charming about the pep and moxie of a low ranking thug getting shit done.
>>
>>54927794

Nice "hypothetical".

Counterquery: If a dragon offers to invest in you in a certain capacity, shouldn't you trust their judgement?
>>
File: this thread.jpg (54KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.jpg
54KB, 650x488px
>>54925597
>>
>>54931652
You trust what you're doing is right or something worth doing but rule zero is rule zero for a reason.

Like I said in my first post, everyone knows not to deal with dragons but if the world is about to go through a major change I would rather be under of one their scaly wings then pissing in the breeze
>>
File: 1501820125952.gif (4MB, 420x262px) Image search: [Google]
1501820125952.gif
4MB, 420x262px
>>54925597
>>
I want to play a pimp knight Landsknecht themed guy. Which way should i go, custom chrome or physad? If i do chrome what is the best way to get good initiative? I dont want to wreck my essence, & i want a gold plated & etched cyberlimb. I plan on using the Highlands Claymore, idk what armor, but im hoping to squeak out the MilSpec Helm since it has 12 avail
>>
>>54931687
>Like I said in my first post, everyone knows not to deal with dragons but if the world is about to go through a major change I would rather be under of one their scaly wings then pissing in the breeze
I'd rather be the person under a rock than with a target on my back. If you're under a dragon's wing, it's only a matter of time before you've served your purpose and are disposed of.

Dragons don't do loyalty.
>>
>>54931809
>I dont want to wreck my essence, & i want a gold plated & etched cyberlimb.
Mutually exclusive. Cyberlimbs and Initiative boosters are the biggest Essence sinks in the game.
>>
>>54932060
I understand, im looking for the best overall. As a physad i could just sink some points into it & have the best in the game. Cyber is harder for me to figure out, because there are three or four different ways to do it
>>
>>54932106
Do you want the most powerful, the Essence cheapest, or the Nuyen cheapest?

You can pick one and only one of those options.
>>
Trying to get into Shadowrun and slowly going through the rulebook, but I'm a little confused on how skill tests work. Could someone explain it for my dumb ass?
>>
>>54932188
You roll a number of d6s equal to your Attribute+Skill+Modifiers.

Every 5 or 6 rolled is a 'hit.'

Count up your hits.

For easy tasks, you only need one or two hits. For hard tasks, you might need four or more.

It's just a basic-ass dice pool roll.
>>
>>54932136
Can you tell me all three? Ill weigh & decide
>>
>>54932200
Thanks for the explanation, my monkey ass will continue reading the book.
>>
>>54932206
Move-by-Wire is the most powerful, Wired Reflexes costs the least nuyen, and Synaptic Boosters have the least effect on your Essence.

There's also drugs, but I don't think that's what you're going for.

Wired Reflexes and Synaptic Boosters are in Core. Move-by-Wire is in Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>54932231
What makes ,ove by wire better? Is there any drawbacks?
>>
>>54926110
Broke NumbaWon rule of Shadowrunning.

Made a deal with a Dragon.
>>
>>54931589
Prime Running is for AAA-rating ball busting shit that would likely change the status quo.

Street Scum is the low-level shit that won't likely change the status quo but gives a pathway for your chummers to do so.
>>
>>54932051
Unless you're running for Saedar-Krupp.

Then its "keeps throwing in suicide missions for you to survive until you can't"
>>
Okay, a GM here.

So my players are fresh streetscum and got a Job to break into a synthalcohol distillery and steal as much as possible.

What sort of equipment should the security of an ,at very best, A corp have ?

I was thinking about some DR 3 Commlinks, streetline special with pepper punch rounds, Maybe a bulletproof vest or something other with 6-9 points armor.

What about drones and defense so that nobody can just drive into their parking lot and steal a tank ?
>>
>>54934539
how big is this distillery?
>>
>>54934633
The actual brewery only takes the space of a small warehouse, so 10x20=15x25 meters. But it's only rentd space in a larger industrial block, with the office beign in the upper levels. Imagen yout typicla shadowrun building with multiply large rooms, office space and relative close to the barrens open for smaller corp, to rent the space.
The whole thins is rather small with eight 35x35 meter floors plus two underground floors.
>>
>>54934882
>3 guards with pistols and armor jackets
>1 drone
>1 heroically motivated worker with ccp
>one guard is dicking around in security room looking at cameras
>security room has bigger guns (shotty and 2 smgs) in case runners go loud
>warehouse is behind a fence
>in case of attack security barricades and waits for help
>>
>>54932378
>What makes ,ove by wire better?
Much bigger bonuses.

>Is there any drawbacks?
Reduced Social Limit.
>>
>>54930621
Dammit /srg/ I now want to give my next streetsam a rifle with the weapon personality mod and have them be their girlfriend.
>>
>>54934539
For context, an A-ranked corporation is a multinational operating in almost every country on earth, with subsidiaries in almost every industry in the market.

The big difference between an A and a AA is that an AA has extraterritoriality, while A has to follow local laws.

If this company is just a large distillery, it wouldn't even rank.

Anyway, the security I'd expect them to have would be a number of guards you can count on one hand - none of which are willing to die over their job - with bulletproof vests, tasers, and heavy pistols. A random assortment of heavy pistols, though - they had to bring those from home.

Anything more expensive than a DR2 commlink would similarly be a luxury purchase from home.

Their parking lot should be patrolled by one (1) Aztechnology Crawler, equipped with a mounted taser, whose main job is to notify the police/security guards if there's an intruder. Expect the panicked security guards to reroute it into protecting them when they barricade themselves into the security room, if an alarm goes off.

The biggest hurdle your runners are going to face is that trucks don't stay at warehouses/distilleries when they're not taking/delivering a shipment. There's probably several trailers at the truck docks, but they'll need to steal some semis if they want to use those. So, if they're smart, legwork will involve going and jacking some rides from a truck depot (which will have significantly higher security than the distillery).

If they're dumb, they're going to load 15 cases into their personal vehicles by hand and call it a night.
>>
>>54931809
>I dont want to wreck my essence, & i want a gold plated & etched cyberlimb
So don't get a cyberlimb. Get a prosthetic or drone arm.
>>
>>54935325
>Much bigger bonuses.
5e; more stable bonuses.
>>
>>54935408
>Unrated
>Most corporations aren't large enough to gain the Corporate Court's notice, so they don't get rated. That doesn't mean they're insignificant-there's some good-sized corps in this category, and some of them are making their owners good money-but they just don't ft the categories defined below.

>A-rated
>You want a rating, you better be a multinational. You don't have to have too many "multis" in there, though-significant operations in two different countries is enough.

>AA-rated corporations
>Since the big prize that comes with an AA rating is that gift Shiawase fought so hard for-extraterritoriality-the criteria the Court uses to hand out this rating is simple. They just ask: Is the corporation ready for it? Issuing your own scrip and managing corporate citizenships takes a lot of work, and you have to do it while still managing your everyday business. The Corporate Court doesn't want to grant extraterritoriality to a corp that is large but unstable, and that might issue scrip only to have it and the whole corporate structure disappear in a poof of corruption or mismanagement at the top.
>>
>>54934972
>>54935408
>>54935693

Well, today i learned something about company rating, thanks.
And by that knowledge the company is clearly unranked. 3-4 rent-a-cops sounds good together with their drone. I also looked up the barrier ritual and it looks like a force 2-4 barrier would be actually pretty cheap to maintain. What about magic protection ?
>>
>>54935398
>Oh anon, I love it when you clean me like that
>>
>>54935810
One thing I use a lot for cheap astral security is from 4E, called awakened ivy. It's dual natured, so it impedes astral movement, but because it's ivy rather than a full on astral barrier, it's easily destroyed, or moved on the physical plane, but it can make life difficult for astral projecting mages, since they'd have to kill it in astral combat
Similarly, it doesn't alert anyone that it's been torn down, but it is obvious to any visual inspection

The other option is they hire out astral security, a small group of mages put up and maintain a ward, and one of them's on call, if the ward's broken or security calls them they astral project in, if the situation deserves it the mage throws some spells around or summons a spirit

If they're already getting a security contract, a large enough company might even offer a deal on the full 3 worlds package, a spider (keeping an eye on several premises at once over wireless), a couple drones, some guards and that style of magic protection for only 9,999 nuyen a month, or whatever is reasonable for your area
>>
>>54936106
>Similarly, it doesn't alert anyone that it's been torn down
Stick a manaleech next to it, inside a nutrient container, with an alarm set to go off when the leech stops silently REEEEEing at the ivy. Which it will do when the ivy dies.
>>
>>54935810
>What about magic protection ?
Awakened are only 1% of the population, and actual Magicians are a much smaller slice than that. If a place has only 4 security guards and one drone, they're probably not a big enough deal to bother with magical security - the same way they're not going to have an on-site IT spider. Magical threats will be dealt with along the lines of, "HOLY SHIT, SEND THE POLICE, THEY HAVE A FUCKING WIZARD."

It's more about how hard/quickly the police respond than them actually having on-site countermeasures.
>>
>>54936106
>>54936394
>>54935810
What was that Awakened plant that got spirits high in Shadowrun Storytime?
>>
>>54936484
What percentage of the population would you say are terrorists?
>>
>>54936499
Haven Lily, creates a localized BC
>>
>>54936664
A small enough percent that they don't install bomb-sniffers at distilleries.
>>
>>54936664
Easy there chap, there is a fine difference between a wizard and a terrorist in shadowrun.
One of those things is measurable and can be more or less quantified.
A terrorist on the other hand is very subjective. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
>>
>>54936664
>What percentage of the population would you say are terrorists?
Few enough that security at local businesses let the cops handle workplace shooters and jihadis, rather than having security in place for those eventualities.

The fact that security in at a distillery in Shadowrun are even likely to have tasers is a big step up from real life, where such a location would normally only give someone a flashlight and a walkie talkie.

Security isn't there to fend off attacks, they're there to keep an eye out and call the cops (or HTR, in Shadowrun).
>>
>>54936484
Dude my party is 2 mages, a gun adept,a sword adept, and me, the street Sam. Can confirm I am the 5th wheel in the party
>>
>>54931456
DR 5 is an economical option. It gives you good bang for good bucks, after that the price increase is pretty steep.
>>
>>54932200
>>54932221
Also, skills don't always roll their primary associated attribute. The book will tell you which attribute you roll with the skill when that is the case. If none is mentioned, its the default one.
>>
>>54935398
Plasteel Toe Boots.

>I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I don't have a mouth.
>>
>>54936106
It sounds like you just want FAB (I or II probably, III is a little harsh) from Street Grimoire my man.
>>
So, Thunderbirds.

Is it a dick move to let them cast Lightning Bolt with the LoS of an eagle?
>>
>>54936788
>The fact that security in at a distillery in Shadowrun are even likely to have tasers is a big step up from real life
The sixth world is a bigger step up than that. Civilians wear body armour on the streets and carry pistols or other small weapons, just in case of paracritters or other (meta)humans.
>>
>>54936394
Ivy doesn't just die when it's torn down, dummy.

Plus, even if some Ivy is down, it doesn't mean all of it is.
>>
>>54937741
> Civilians wear body armour on the streets and carry pistols or other small weapons,

Eh, I don't go that grimdark when I run Shadowrun. There are certainly bad neighborhoods where people do this but there are a lot of places where this is not the case.
>>
File: 1368125836371.png (397KB, 468x854px) Image search: [Google]
1368125836371.png
397KB, 468x854px
It's time for me to do something stupid and futile. As an exercise in creative writing, I want to reboot Shadowrun to fork it from our current timeline instead of 1980's. Obviously all the elements will need to be there - metahumans, magic, paracritters, the tech, etc. But I want to un-fuck the road there.

What, to you, are the important notes to hit?
>>
>>54937872
>There are certainly bad neighborhoods where people do this but there are a lot of places where this is not the case.
Yes but its pretty binary. Either you are in the neighborhood where everyone has armor clothes and holdouts or you are in the neighborhood where no one is allowed to have any of that because of the absolute control exerted and the drones patrolling every square inch for the corps.
>>
>>54937815
Zero reason to not protect the ivy from being parted, leaving only astral combat for astral passage through it. Dummy.
>>
>>54937741
That's why the basic-ass distillery security guards have tasers and pistols instead of just flashlights. It's a step up, but there's still a cost/benefits analysis that companies have to do.

We're not talking about a major corporate office where there are dozens of guards, all kitted with SMGs. We're talking about the night shift at an independent distillery.
>>
>>54937741
I know people who do that irl anon. Your argument is stupid but I don't have enough time in this bathroom stall to explain why.
>>
>>54937914

Depends on when you're forking it from in our timeline. Early 2000s? Near future? Current Year?

Just be warned, trying to figure out how to balkanize the US is gonna take the thread full /pol/. Be ready or abort now.
>>
>>54937914
The immediate implosion of the US in civil war.

China goes wild on ware and creates a SOX-like wellspring of toxicity.

Totem wars ravage Europe, indigenous totems defending against the Jihads of totems from the various refugee states, Scandinavia tentatively sides with europe but also pulls their nose up at them to some degree and goes real big on the Dolphin/Whale totem sort of direction.

Stupid kids that read Harry Potter and end up Awakened die in droves because they do "cutesy" shit like wands while other Awakened just pulp their skulls with magically enhanced fists they can have without saying magic words.

Remote places like Australia face huge buildup of powerful Awakened critters and spirits but also develop powerful magical traditions.

Africa experiences genocides as warlords round up everyone who can threaten them with their newfound power and have them killed in futile efforts to maintain power.
>>
>>54937942
>Your argument
I don't have an argument. I'm just pointing out things Shadowrun tells us.
>>
>>54937976
So, start diverging in 2016 with Hillary winning the election, and louder accusations of Russian meddling?
>>
>>54938002
I don't see why you'd diverge with Hillary winning, unless you think it would be a good way to lead into corporate rights extensions leading to extraterritoriality.
>>
>>54937957
>>54937976

Forking from the current year. The thread talking about the eclipse and the ghost dance and the missed opportunity gave me the idea of the first mana spike being on August 21st 2017, coinciding with the eclipse. Visions inspiring future NAN leaders of something coming to take advantage of. etc.

>Just be warned, trying to figure out how to balkanize the US is gonna take the thread full /pol/

>The immediate implosion of the US in civil war.

This was exactly my thought. To avoid the thread going full /pol/ I'll just summarize my current nebulous idea as. "Civil War, but also the NANs take advantage of the chaos and empowerment of magic to establish themselves and their territory"
>>
>>54938018
Corp rights, pissed off US electorate, and most importantly from the civil war perspective: Appointing a Supreme Court Justice that's anti-2nd Amendment.

That'd be the fastest way to get people so inclined up in arms.

>>54938026
Also no. Fuck the NANs as a concept. Just drop them for the lower 48 You might get the Manitou and others up in Canada though.
>>
>>54938026
It's pretty obvious if you fork from current day that you'd get an immediate conflict. The US is often incapable of accepting negative parts of itself and work on their betterment, they instead practice rejection.

"Un-American". No other country does this. There is no "Un-Spanish" or "Un-French" or "Un-Canadian". The US offers nothing but rejection and never works through their issues, even though they're dealing with party of the voting public they just further antagonize. It's exactly the wrong way to try and solve the nazi issue currently, unless you plan on just deporting them all. It's a hard set Us Vs. Them mode of operation, and as such will immediately escalate to open conflict and civil war if the sudden shift in power and especially personal-level empowerment happens.

Meanwhile the Europe angle suddenly has opposing cultural and religious views suddenly empowered by very tangible religious traditions and icons and totems and while the possibility of co-existence might have been there before, the totems generally don't compromise that much when it comes to representing their interests, stirring the pot until things will end up erupting. Scandinavia, and maybe the exiting UK, will try to seperate themselves. Scandinavia especially will establish an image of being "better" than Europe. Remote places like Iceland and Greenland may ally with them, providing the large-scale magical backbone due to the pure mana there, whereas continental Scandinavia provides the industrial.

China just becomes a cesspool but actually arranges itself with being a horrible cesspool and people continue to live there, getting polluted every day. Japan next to them .... probably pretty much ends up like in Shadowrun, really.
>>
File: 1383061334260.jpg (17KB, 493x510px) Image search: [Google]
1383061334260.jpg
17KB, 493x510px
>>54938067

I consider the NANs an important part of of Shadowrun, though. The idea that there are people who are disenfranchised, spiritually connected in such a way that the resurgence of mana gives them them a leg up in the sixth world.

Plus, an opportunity to flip power structure on its head and become the oppressors rather than the oppressed.

I wouldn't do the dumb shit that they did in SR 1e/2e, though. Because it's stupid impractical.

>THIS IS NAN LAND AGAIN, NON-TRIBE GET THE FUCK OUT!
>oh shit the cities are fucking empty because we lack population and we're struggling economically due to brain drain
>PLEASE COME BACK

Instead they'd just introduce tiers of citizenship. Full blooded tribesmen are the highest class. Partial blood would be acceptable but not the same. And people who live in NANs without being tribesmen at all? Eh. I wouldn't put them at the Sin-less level, but an exploited and discriminated class for sure.
>>
>>54938183
The Elves can do all the "got my power, now I am the master" shit for you. Like, the returning elves. Not any NAN elves.
>>
>>54938183
Native Americans coming back as a political force and having Shamanic Powers? Yes.

Having them take over half of North America, with current population levels? Even with 'Just one drop policies?' Fuck no. Smallpox blankets 2.0 happens.

You're not gonna be able to pull off the whole 'second class citizenship' for baseline humans without forcibly disarming the populace.

And guess what? The NANS try to exist where the rate of individual gun ownership is the highest, as well as the majority of the USA's nuclear weapons.

NANS as a separate nation are a nonstarter, and Shadowrun's writers should be shot in the street for trying.
>>
>>54938289
I think the big question here lies not with the metahuman populace of the NANs or otherwise, but with the Astral.

In a ton of places a lot of industrial efforts (or shit like large-scale logging of rainforests) will complete grind to a halt because suddenly locations become controlled by Spirits and Paracritters.

If the NAN try to capture Salt Lake City by themselves, tough luck, but if suddenly the spirits of the Great Salt Lakes are fucking up all the assholes in the city but the spirits are cool with the Natives, that changes a lot of things.
>>
File: Not How It Works.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Not How It Works.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>54935408
>an A-ranked corporation is a multinational operating in almost every country on earth, with subsidiaries in almost every industry in the market.

Fake news
>>
>>54938183
>I consider the NANs an important part of of Shadowrun, though.
I consider them the worst part of Shadowrun, though.
>>
File: 1438286436050.jpg (461KB, 1280x834px) Image search: [Google]
1438286436050.jpg
461KB, 1280x834px
>>54938375
>Corporations are classified as A or Third Tier by the Corporate Court if they are present in at least two different countries. They are also called multinationals.

>Corporations are classified as AA by the Corporate Court if they have a strong multinational presence and a good stability. Nations signatory of the Business Recognition Accords must grant them extraterritorial rights. AA corporations are usually called megacorporations, although the term is often mistakenly considered to only refer to 7-10 AAA Prime Megacorporation members of the Corporate Court.

>The Corporate Court rates AAA the largest and most important corporations. Also called Prime Megacorporations, AAA-rated corporations enjoy the same extraterritorial privileges as AA megacorporations. They are also given, at least, a representative on the Corporate Court for their importance.
>>
>>54938289

>Having them take over half of North America

I was going to dial that back, for sure. Looking at the current SR Map: Cut Sioux, Ute, Pueblo and Salish-Sidhe to 1/3rd focusing on what they would consider sacred/tribal land (Sioux and the Black hills, for example) and then cut the remaining territory into politically defined nations.

For example: Pretty sure Washington and Oregon (at least the western parts) would join up with the California to the lining up of ideologies. Techno-Corporate State.. The more rural parts of those states and Idaho would splinter off into something else.
>>
>>54937485
Why would it be? If you can be seen, you can be targeted. If you go someplace exposed, without smog or cover, and a bird flying overhead can see you, that's your own choice.
>>
>>54938358
Not terribly much, otherwise Spirits would be calling the shots and Megas and Governments would be bitchboys.

Spirits still get fucked up by heavy machineguns, tanks, and airstrikes.
>>
>>54938567
Wrong.

Only Seattle, LA, and San Fran metros share any ideologies. The people in the surrounding rural areas aren't cool with CalExit bullshit. Means they're likely to keep most of Cali and the Northwest in the US/CAS and let the metro areas have a go of being free cities.
>>
File: The Most Accurate GIF.gif (2MB, 226x169px) Image search: [Google]
The Most Accurate GIF.gif
2MB, 226x169px
>>54938140
>There is no "Un-French"

Confirmed for knowing nothing about France; they're pretty clear on what is and is not French. Every culture on Earth is by definition made of an ingroup and an outgroup - as soon as you form a nation, it is by definition exclusionary. The whole shitshow in Europe is about nationalists saying that the refugees are going to ruin their country top to bottom by destroying it culturally, economically, and politically. Same thing in Canada (the Heritage Front had their own nationalist terrorism activity in the 90's), in Spain, everywhere.
>>
>>54938850
You missed the point. There aren't any Frenchmen calling other Frenchmen "Un-French".
>>
>>54938885
True, as long as you don't don't consider muslims born in France to be Frenchmen.

If you do though, there are plenty of Frenchmen calling other Frenchmen unFrench.
>>
>>54938567
>Cut Sioux, Ute, Pueblo and Salish-Sidhe to 1/3rd focusing on what they would consider sacred/tribal land

Reminder that the names that the nations operate under are not indicative of the actual tribal bands that make up the citizenry. A lot of weird coalitions and strange bedfellows were made, but when you drill down into the books you see the variety of tribes that, for example, make up the Ute Nation but have no historical or cultural ties to the Ute. That was the point of the NANs; they wanted to take back all of North America for the Natives, couldn't, and so compromises were made. Do you think that all the East Coast tribes like the Cherokee saw everything going down and decided, "Now is the time to cease to exist as a cultural and political entity"?
>>
>>54938511
Thanks for posting things that agree with that post and provide support for it.
>>
File: Zimbabwe.jpg (886KB, 500x2812px) Image search: [Google]
Zimbabwe.jpg
886KB, 500x2812px
>>54938183
>I wouldn't do the dumb shit that they did in SR 1e/2e, though. Because it's stupid impractical.
>>THIS IS NAN LAND AGAIN, NON-TRIBE GET THE FUCK OUT!
>>oh shit the cities are fucking empty because we lack population and we're struggling economically due to brain drain
>>PLEASE COME BACK

Yeah, that's definitely a crazy thing that would never happen in real life.
>>
>>54939159

See, that worked because white people were a minority in Zimbabwe. In the USA, it's Indians who are the minority. They'd get Alamos 2000, not compliance.
>>
Hey chummers, new player here about to start DMing a group, and so far I'm leaning heavily toward basing the campaign out of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Are there any books in particular that focus on the CAS/Ares, or Aztlan/Aztech for whenever I end up deciding to have them pop into the picture?
>>
>>54936106
>>54936484
Good call, maybe i will go with some sub-optimal maintained ivy for the whole building complex, maybe there is a hole in it for the industrial elevator because nobody of the people around know how magic works.

As far as matrix security goes, i think it will be just the guard in the security room with his commlink, asking from time to time "Hey Siri, have we been hacked ?"
>>
>>54939652
Most likely they would just have the system notify the head guard if a breach is detected, probably with a shitty off site spider who will take some time to login once a breach is detected.
>>
>>54939724
>shitty offside spider watching wizpunk concert trids
>out of the corner of his eye he sees a light blinking on his terminal
>he sighs, waits for the song to finish then pauses the trid
>shoves another handful of cheetos in his mouth and then wipes his hands
>pushes a button next to the light and reads what it says on screen
>grumbles and adjusts his pants, then picks up his trodenet helmet and puts it on
>burps and scratches his side before he gives the neural command to transition from AR into sim and logs in
>>
>>54939724
As far as i know a failed hacking attemp would automatically start an alarm to the "owner".
So the guard would just check from time to time if everything is where it belongs and if there are any unknown marks, for which a Commlink should be enough i think
>>
>>54939803
Hacking attempts, failed or not, will always alert (demi)GOD of whatever Grid you're on, too. Depending on the grid situation of whatever you're hacking, that can have different results. You'll have to actually get into the host first and might have to get out of it, too.
>>
>>54939838
>Hacking attempts, failed or not, will always alert (demi)GOD
Yeah but GOD isn't really on site protection, at least Mr.Johnes with his commlink break offers an (thin) layer of additional protection with low cost to keep script-kids out.
>>
>>54939838
GOD/HTR/police are their own thing. We're just talking about the on-site security, not what can get called in if/when the minimum-wage security guards notice something.
>>
>>54940131
What I'm saying is that to enter the host of the site your decker is going to have to hack into it first, and that has nothing to do with on-site security noticing shit. He is subject to Overwatch before and without that.
>>
>>54939159
How dare you defame Robert Mugabe, he was a great shaman and lead the people through the great famines created by evil white hermetic mages in the early 2010s.

t, a student of thaumaturgy at the Robert Mugabe University of Magic and Agricultural Studies.
>>
>>54925507
So since that happened yesterday, has anyone started developing awakened powers?
>>
>>54941980
I left the house today.
>>
>>54942013
The messiah is among us
Tell us of your great journey, O Awakened One
>>
File: Neoteny Street Samurai.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Neoteny Street Samurai.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>54942546
Went to the liquor store, spent 15 minutes putting various beers into my basket and then taking them out as I changed my mind, then I got nervous that the clerks were watching me so I just took what I had and bought it all.
>>
>>54942601
What beers did your sperg moment get you?
>>
>>54942841
A bunch of ones from Collective Arts Brewery.

I was arranging them in the bottom of the basket to see if the art produced any kind of coherent story
>>
Is the adept power Plague Cloud considered Toxic magic? Will I be lynched for using it?
>>
>>54943523
If it sounds Toxic in SG, it's probably Toxic. So you need to be toxic to learn and use it.

Which is like being an addicted blood mage in terms of making people not want to be around you.
>>
>>54943523
Isn't that one specifically called out in the text of it's section as Toxic? Besides that, dropping indiscriminate lethal attacks in public is generally frowned on.
>>
>>54935630
How would that be interesting/useful
>>
>>54938885
>>54938140
>"Un-American". No other country does this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un-Australian
>>
>>54943523
It's Toxic.
>>
How do you deal with one member of the party being black trenchcoat as fuck and one being pink mohawk?
>>
>>54945006
Make them part of a Horizon-sponsored team in LA.
>>
>>54945006
You don't.
>>
>>54945006
You can be both, they're different flavors.

Neither includes stupidity. Pink mohawk doesn't mean being dumb, loud and dangerous, it means being gaudy and flashy.
>>
>>54945006
Pitch them as a new buddy-runner Trid.
>>
>>54945595
If you do this, include as much godlike music from Miami Vice as possible.
>>
>>54942013
I did that too. Stuck in traffic for an hour.

Outside was a mistake.
>>
>>54945006
Black Trenchcoat is the paranoid conspiracy theorist who turns out almost always right, with certain details completely wrong.

Pink Mohawk believes violence is always the answer. If violence is the wrong answer, you haven't employed enough of it yet.
>>
>>54938618
That was my reasoning too.
>>
File: robert redford nod.gif (3MB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
robert redford nod.gif
3MB, 300x237px
>>54945006
He's a streetwise orphan karate-master adapt with more gold on his clothing than sense. She's an ex-Ares Firewatch member who was betrayed by the people she trusted. Together, they fight crime.
>>
Question. I know the 5e books have shit binding, but how's the 20th anniversary edition hold up?
I have a chance to nab a used copy in good condition (and thus shystering CGL out of their precious shekels) and I prefer solid books over PDFs, but I'm not dropping 20$ on something that's going to fall apart in a week
>>
>>54946996
Honestly anything thats that shitty glossy crap instead of a real hardcover is unacceptable at this day and age.
>>
>>54947412
>that shitty glossy crap instead of a real hardcover
>reflectivity of cover has any correlation to book quality
>>
>>54947632
You know what I mean. That crappy flexible glossy bendy crap instead of a solid book cover.
>>
>>54947644
You mean a softcover?
>>
>>54946996
I've had mine for years. It's still truckin along fine.
>>
File: shirts1Summer.jpg (233KB, 1371x1600px) Image search: [Google]
shirts1Summer.jpg
233KB, 1371x1600px
What's with all the physical book shilling lately? It's been 3-4 threads straight.
>>
>>54947722
Iunno? Is that term used? Paperback maybe?
>>
>>54946383
>Pink Mohawk believes violence is always the answer
It does not.

Pink Mohawk believes you're the star of the show, and can always find a way around or through the consequences of your most bombastic actions alive and uncaught. Whether that means Ocean's Eleven, Smokin' Aces, violence, no violence, whatever.

Black Trenchcoat is where the more you rock the boat, the more the boat rocks you back. Your actions create ripples, and the goal is to create the smallest ripples for the biggest results, and survive.
>>
>>54947762
CGL shills in thread. It's much harder to pirate hardcopy books than .pdfs.
>>
>>54947883
I warned you about making waves.
>>
>>54947883
I always thought that Pink Mohawk meant something like GTA or Payday 2. Once you finish the job and shoot your way out of the bank you get home scot-free.

Where's Trenchcoat would involve you waking up with a bullet in your head or a hit squad on their way because you didn't lose the tail they put on you.
>>
>>54947977
That's kinda how I always saw it too. Mohawk is about the moment, the get away, then the sweet, sweet cash and fame as you tune in onto the news station, where you wrote 'Suck it, Dragons' on a billboard and everything is cool as shit.
>>
>>54947977
To me, each one is two parts. Pink Mohawk is about the passion (or at least giving a shit) and the moment. Black Trenchcoat is about the dispassion and the operators operating operationally to borrow a meme.
>>
>>54947977
>Once you finish the job and shoot your way out of the bank you get home scot-free.
It's become that through assumption, to a degree, but PM isn't inherently violent or about killing lots of people, just looser on the details that would catch up a BT group. You can be a pacifist with a pink mohawk, doing whatever Macgyver shit will get you through the current scrape and staying one step ahead of pursuit until you get away.
>>
>>54946977
>commit crime
FTFY
>>
Did anything get announced at Gen Con?
>>
>>54948487
That too. Black Trench is pretty much, plan the run out, knock the guards out, erase the security tapes of anything that can identify us, wear gloves, and lay low for a bit afterwards. At least that's what I think.
>>
>>54947899
Sure, anon. It's those dastardly shills, out to ruin the seven seas. It's not just people who like playing pen & paper games with pen and paper.
>>
>>54941980
No, but no volcanoes have erupted, either, so I guess that's a net positive.
>>
>>54948645

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6uhnj6/video_gencon_2017_whats_up_with_catalyst_game_labs/dlsw8mz/
>>
Whats the best stacking of Initiative boosters? Cyber/drug/whatever, not magic
>>
>>54948905
Welp, more of the same.
Lets hope FASA assigns the licence to someone competent once the dust from this lawsuit blows over.
this is the third time in less than a decade that CGLs had legal troubles, its gotta happen eventually, right?
Also, what developer would /srg/ want to make 6e?
I'd choose Pegasus Spiel translations, myself. We saw something similar with Ulysses Spiel and the 40k RPGs after FFG lost the licence, why not with shadowrun and CGL?
>>
>>54949375
>this lawsuit

Wait what

Is there ANOTHER lawsuit?
>>
File: tumblr_neduhxxGGt1s2lswpo2_1280.jpg (57KB, 785x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neduhxxGGt1s2lswpo2_1280.jpg
57KB, 785x1200px
>>54949419
The Battletech line developer and assistant line dev left because they weren't being paid due to Loren Coleman's [[[innovative]]] accounting.
I assume that they're rightfully suing CGLs corrupt ass.
>>
Thinking of running 5e game, never done anything shadowrun related before.
What books/resources are essential from the mediafire?
>>
>>54949375
FASA has no say about the licenses. Topps owns the pnp rights, which they license to CGL, and Microsoft has the vidya, which are currently licensed to Harebrained.
>>
>>54948793
Save yourself some cash and print the .pdf.
>>
>>54949803
Alright, I stand corrected, allow me to rephrase

Who would you want Topps to give the licence for 6e if/when CGL loses Shadowrun?
>>
>>54937976

How would that go in the Middle East given that the theological schools of Islam with the biggest megaphones and deepest pockets in the region right now see magic as a complete anathema?

I'm unsure whether Israel would be thoroughly boned by its small, easily disruptable size, or become even more dominant thanks to having a contemporary culture that's significantly more open to magic in the form of Kabbalah and irreligious Jews.
>>
Have you ever run several games set in the same world with actions from either of them affecting other sessions?
>>
File: IMG_20170819_120129.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170819_120129.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>
>>54951180
Good god those are some scary faces. Also fix your damn wart. Did people forget how to make spines as wide as the rest of the book recently? D&D 5e has the same problem.
>>
>>54950185
Probably rebrand their mages as Allah-sanctified priests. Every spell a miracle from Allah. The thing is that the largest Islamic states in the Middle East pays lip service to religion and only use it as an excuse to stay in power and destroy their political opposition.
>>
>>54948487
>>54948321
>>54947998
>>54947977
Y'all are turning Mohawk into Chaotic Stupid and eroding the consistency of the world instead of a style of acting.

As bad as Jackpointers can be if you want an example of Mohawk, Kane is a pretty good comparison to some of the more trenchcoaty operators.
>>
>>54951958
>Y'all are turning Mohawk into Chaotic Stupid and eroding the consistency of the world instead of a style of acting.
Nope. It's easy to conflate, though, so no hard feelings.
>>
>>54949676
First of all, read the GM Advice in the OP
second: CRB, Run and Gun, Chrome Flesh, Rigger 5, Data Trails, Street Grimoire and Run Faster
These cover resp.: Everyone, Everyone with gear, Sammies, Riggers, Deckers, Awakened and Everyone
>>
>>54952150
If Mohawk is an automatic "you get away scot-free" that's pretty eroding of the world and corporate oppression.

Here's a more elaborate example of how the differences show themselves but you're still not handwaving huge parts of the setting:

The black trenchcoats roll in quietly, disperse stealthily throughout the place, quietly take out guards after spoofing surveillance, wipe the evidence clean by leaving little and scrubbing the rest with C-squared, and then walk out, no one knowing they were there until someone finds a dead guard stuffed in a locker the next morning.

The pink mohawks walk up, and on the word go bust in hard. They storm through, shoot down all cameras as they go, and stop a guard from calling help by executing a flying kick on the hand holding his commlink, crashing it into his front teeth. They wipe the evidence with a liberal application of plastic explosives to the room, hallway and building and ride away on their chopper bikes to the background of the exploding building, shooting down the 2 flying drones in pursuit, do a big victory lap of the city until having shot down all pursuit they park their bikes in their Payday-esque safehouse in the barrens full of bikes and guns and then walk away from there, leaving it behind until crimetime calls again.
>>
File: Mohawks vs Trenchcoats.png (59KB, 1902x342px) Image search: [Google]
Mohawks vs Trenchcoats.png
59KB, 1902x342px
>>54952366
chummer, that's the best description of the Mohawk - Trenchcoat divide I've ever seen
>>
Here's my read on Black Trenchcoat versus Pink Mohawk.

Black Trenchcoat is set in a world that's impersonal, brutal, and methodical - just like the PCs. In a Black Trenchcoat world, the corps will save a copy of any fingerprints or blood drops you leave behind at the scene, will build a biometric profile of you off of any missed security recordings. Any guards who saw you operating are a liability, tracker RFID tags are employed regularly, and a distinctive appearance all but guarantees that someone's going to track you down to where you live.

Pink Mohawk is set in a world that's colorful, wild, and vicious - just like the PCs. In a Pink Mohawk world, the corps will write off any security guards or hellhounds killed as an acceptable loss, will prioritize taking down the graffiti you left on the side of the building over actually trying to find you, and people would sooner plaster over your bullet holes and get back to work than try to run a ballistics test on them. Your reputation can be an advantage anywhere you go, corps stop following you when you leave their property because they know you're just deniable assets, and your distinctive appearance makes you easier to remember but doesn't stand out too much compared to the leopard-print-wearing, pink-mohawk-styled trolls walking the streets every day.

If you were so inclined, you could call Black Trenchcoat 'realistic,' and Pink Mohawk 'cinematic.'
>>
>>54952745
What if I want to set my world in Shadowrun?
>>
>>54952799
They're both equally Shadowrun. Both are styles that the setting has been written in, sometimes in the same book. Both are primary methods of play for different canon characters.

This is a setting where 'killed someone with a digital pie to the face' and 'got my shit pushed in because the gun I stole had tracker tags' are both canon stories.

Where 'anything other than a Bland Human is suicide' and 'I'm going to be a sentient snake wizard' are valid, supported ways to go.

The important part is making sure the GM and all the players are on board for which they're playing in, because it unexpectedly being one or the other ruins fun and kills characters.
>>
>>54952745
I remember an old cyberpunk thread we had, where somebody was going 'Why would you stay in one city for any length of time? You're committing big crimes, making enemies of very powerful entities, why the fuck would you hang around their sphere of influence?', and they just didn't seem to get that not everybody is an amoral criminal with no loved ones, and actually has things there that they care about.

Say your character has pulled off a big heist and retired to Dominica, when he gets woken up by somebody sending him a photo. It's of somebody he knows well, who's been a good friend, with a gun to their head and a piece of paper with "Three Days" written on it next to them. Is it a Mohawk/Trenchcoat divide, whether or not to go back, or is it a different axis?

Probably a good illustration of Mohawk in action would be the story in the CP2020 core book, which includes Johnny Silverhand holding a concert outside the HQ of the corporation that's kidnapped his girlfriend, only to turn it into a riotous mob which he uses as a distraction for the guards.
>>
>>54952837
Yes, both are Shadowrun, but what you described isn't the difference between Trenchcoat and Mohawk, nor should you literally gloss over the entirety of Shadowrun to make it homogenously act that way.

What you described as Trenchcoat is AAA/AA corps. What you described as Mohawk is A/Unlisted corps responses.

I'm not saying Mohawks can't push into a Zero Zone, but they better have a plan.
>>
>>54952366
>If Mohawk is an automatic "you get away scot-free"
Yeah, that's the thing. It is not. You're conflating the ability to do something by effort, with the automatic and carefree assumption of it happening. Pink Mohawk is not a participation prize, but PM does not revolve around consequences that potentially screw the group into the ground - the way BT can.

Nor does either truly revolve around violent action alone, so when your descriptions only involve violence, you've already lost any chance of agreement.
>>
>>54952858
>Yeah, that's the thing. It is not
Tell that to this guy >>54947977
it's what started this discussion and was what I responded to.

As for my description only including violence, it's a very narrow window of a smash-and-grab run, in which case PM employs violence because their primary means of evading consequences in this case is speed of execution.
>>
>>54952857
>What you described as Trenchcoat is AAA/AA corps. What you described as Mohawk is A/Unlisted corps responses.
No, it's not. If anything, extraterritoriality flips that.

AAA/AA are much less likely to pursue you past their borders, to give a fuck about deniable assets. They're much more likely to write off losses, plaster over holes, and get back to work, because they'd be losing money trying to chase those threads past their borders.

A/unranked, on the other hand, automatically kick all of these matters over to municipal police - police who are much less unlikely to follow up threads, look for murderers out in the public city, and save all of the evidence on you just in case.

When you're picking a fight with a Mega, you're picking a fight that everyone tacitly understands doesn't follow you outside of their borders. When you're committing crimes in non-extraterritorial territory, that's when things can get seriously messy for you personally - rather than just for your employer.

That's the entire point of extraterritoriality/deniable shadowrunners. The entire premise that the game is built on.
>>
>>54952916
Municipial police isn't gonna toss 5 blocks worth of the Barrens to find your safehouse because some local corp asked them to.

They will if a Mega leans in. In fact, the Mega also has dudes just like you to fuck you outside of their territory.

Your assumption that they will "write it off" has very little to do with mode of operation and very much with what you actually did to them.
>>
File: 1466681050042.jpg (1001KB, 1306x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466681050042.jpg
1001KB, 1306x900px
>>54952938
Megas specifically don't give a flying fuck about runners. Once you've gotten away and handed whatever you stole off to the Johnson - or blew something up and got away, or erased some data and got away, whatever - you're worthless to them. Pursuing you get them nothing, so they don't do it. They'll try to kill/stop you while you're on-site, and try to keep you from getting away in the first place, but once you do get away, they're not going to pursue.

That's the point of shadowrunners. Of Shadowrun. The literal entire premise of the game. That you're deniable assets that the Megas throw almost no resources into catching because you're both useful to them and because you're just one-off tools to them. They might launch an internal investigation to try to figure out who your Johnson is, but the runners who actually did it?

They're not going to give even a single fuck.

On the other hand, an A-ranked, multinational corp gets hit? The cops show up to that, and the A-ranked corp can absolutely lean on the cops in a big way. Even after it's written off the loss and given up hope of recovering an item, the cops might even continue to pursue it for reasons of law and justice - unlikely, but more likely then a AAA trying to track down your safehouse.

Megas have the resources to hypothetically track anyone down and put them in a world of hurt. But you're not worth those resources' time.

Well, with the exception of Saeder-Krupp.

The only way you're ever going to be pursued after a corporate run is completed is if someone's pursuing you on principle - whether that principle is 'never fuck with a dragon' or 'I'm going to bring you to justice for murdering 10 of A-ranked corp's employees.'
>>
>>54953039
>or blew something up and got away, or erased some data and got away, whatever - you're worthless to them
Yes. They write that off.

>handed whatever you stole off to the Johnson
No. Now it's recoverable. Now you're part of the information trail. Now the guy in charge of the project you stole from has a very strong motivation to track you down for information on how to get what you stole back because it's the only way his bosses won't write HIM off.

>to try to figure out who your Johnson is, but the runners who actually did it?
Except if you're easy as fuck to track down... and you're the next step on figuring out the Johnson....

>The only way you're ever going to be pursued after a corporate run is completed is if someone's pursuing you on principle
See Above.

>A-ranked corp can absolutely lean on the cops in a big way
Sure they can maybe have a say in if KE or LS get the contract for a city, but a Mega has a say on whether KS or LE get the contract for their entire arm of daughter/shell corporations in country X.

A runner team needs to put up something I'll call the "effort barrier".

Imagine you're a Johnson and you want to put a run out on the PCs team. How hard is it? How quality a team do you need to hire and how much do you need to pay?

If asking random people on the street in your neighborhood in the barrens is enough for a hobo with a shotgun to find your door and blast it down, the effort there is incredibly fucking low and bringing you in to squeeze you for any info on what happened, what you took and what happened to it, or even just who ordered it is so easy that the Low-rank management employee now in the shitter because of your run is more than willing to take it. Even on his own dime maybe, if he's Mitsuhama and has to save face and honor or kill himself.

If leaning on the police to search half the Barrens and all it will turn up is a garage with a shot up bike you stopped using a month ago.. different story.
>>
>>54953039
>>54953120
Related but seperate question. How easy is it to actually find someone though, barring some wizard doing it? How likely can you be to find someone in a city of 10+ million, assuming nobody on the squad is running their mouth off the clock?
>>
>>54953272
Assuming they take precautions appropriate to how publicly they want to live it can be pretty hard.

The Barrens or their local analogue is obviously a big spot where local law enforcement ain't looking too hard and as long as you can arrange yourselves with the gangers and all maybe bribe the right people you've got some degree of safety there. The SINless have little love for the Man walking in to check on them after casting them out.

Speaking of SINs: A pink mohawk guy doing a smash and grab obviously doesn't broadcast one during it, and subsequently doesn't need to burn one as a result. A guy going for infiltration that has to broadcast a reasonably realistic SIN to use and pose as is going to have to burn that if he wants to stay safe... so there's the whole matter of visibility coming in.

Seperation between your crime life and regular life is the big deal. Even a near gangbanger tier runner can live a comfy medium lifestyle in the suburbs if all his crime shit is hidden in a safehouse on the outskirts of town instead, and he takes a cab home instead of his bullet-riddled car.

Visibility comes up again based on going where that guy goes shopping. Middle lifestyle guy goes to corporate grocery store. Means he needs a SIN, good enough to seem legal, or maybe he even has a legal National SIN. Going to stuffer shack in the barrens? Just slot your credstick, omae, I don't need to know who you are.
>>
>>54953120
>No. Now it's recoverable. Now you're part of the information trail. Now the guy in charge of the project you stole from has a very strong motivation to track you down for information on how to get what you stole back because it's the only way his bosses won't write HIM off.
And this is how Black Trenchcoat games work. Valid, but no more or less so than Pink Mohawk.
>>
>>54953313
> A guy going for infiltration that has to broadcast a reasonably realistic SIN to use and pose as is going to have to burn that if he wants to stay safe... so there's the whole matter of visibility coming in.

Realistically (lol) speaking though, your handler would already have these provided from the client though, right?

My squad's job is to assume the risk and act as a buffer between the crime and the client. Surely he's providing the cover.
>>
>>54953349
>Realistically (lol) speaking though, your handler would already have these provided from the client though, right?
The baseline standard assumed by the books is that all resources and materials are provided out-of-pocket, not by the Johnson. Getting operational costs covered usually requires additional negotiations.
>>
>>54953338
No, that is how that kind of run works. That is how Shadowrun works.

You're literally saying that to play a Pink Mohawk game your corps need to act toothless and irrational, need to ignore the fact that this recoverability exists. It's handwaving so you can do whatever you want the way you want it without consequences.

But the solution on how to not handwave the consistency of your world away is super simple:

If you don't want to deal with the consequences associated with a type of run, don't do that type of run. In fact a Johnson knowing your team shouldn't even offer you those.

Yes, you can run and blow up a Megacorp Lab, and get away and they'll write it off.

But don't take the run that has you steal and hand-off a new product line prototype from that Lab instead if you're not prepared to be traceless.

It's as easy as that. Both exist in Shadowrun just fine without glossing the setting.
>>
>>54953362
Gross. Might as well grow those mutton chops and get "Born to Lose" in cursive tattooed on your arm now.
>>
>>54953397
A Mitsuhama Johnson might provide you with a pre-tailored identity for infiltration along with SIN and all, even suited to the biometrics of the member of your team they've chosen to execute that part of the plan.

He will also hand you the plan, detailed to a painful degree, copied in triplicate, and expect you to follow it to a tee. If you fail in any way, you contact him, bow your head in shame, apologize profusely, DO NOT ASK FOR PAYMENT, and hope that he gracefully terminates this business relationship without terminating you.
>>
>>54953415
>A Mitsuhama Johnson
You can just say the Yakuza, you know.
>>
>>54953428
Nah, the runs passed on to the Yakuza are more relaxed than that. The kind of shit I described is literally Mr. Tanaka with the office in the corp HQ in Kyoto.
>>
>>54953415
The first paragraph is enough to sound like a professional rather than a liqour shop smash-and-grab. If the guy already has enough intel to know what he wants stolen from where, it's reasonable to assume he already had cover to begin with.
>>
>>54953498
The Yakuza and MCT are the same entity. There's no 'passed on.'
>>
File: anon_passed_on_brains.png (138KB, 285x357px) Image search: [Google]
anon_passed_on_brains.png
138KB, 285x357px
>>54953508
>>
File: Corporate Guide p109.png (128KB, 643x751px) Image search: [Google]
Corporate Guide p109.png
128KB, 643x751px
>>54953508
>The Yakuza and MCT are the same entity
>>
>>54953586
Oh, and from the same page, next paragraph
>You may think she’s kidding, but the further you get from the
>Japanese Empire, the truer this holds. I was in Washington D.C. last
>month when a local MCT director hired me and my team to take
>down one of the smaller Yak gangs. Apparently, they were interfer-
>ing with division’s bottom line, and the director decided his job was
>more important than good relations with the locals.
> Sticks
>>
>>54953586
It's worth mentioning that in 2077 the MCT ownership registry and Board of Directions, is, in fact, basically 100% Yakuza, but the stuff about differing interests still holds true.
>>
>>54953605
The "closer to Japan" thing I imagine holds true in such a way that it's probably more likely that when you're a bigshot in MCT in Japan making you a bigshot in the Yakuza as a bonus avoids a whole lot of grief.

You don't want a Yakuza Oyabun without MCT rank trying to order around a lower-ranking Yakuza who happens to have a high enough position in MCT to order M13 around. Just, yknow, avoids a lot of messes and grudges if the MCT guy also becomes a top Yakuza guy.
>>
Okay, so since we have a few hours until the end of this thread (100 posts + what ever posts we get until page 11), I usually make new threads and I have no Idea for the next:
What thread topic would you like to see?
>>
>>54954335
What type of hideout someone usually uses.
>>
>>54954335
Grenades, Rockets, and Demolitions.
>>
>>54954418
>>54954426
Seven-7 edition?
>>
>>54954335
Let's do one where we try to find an OP image more pornographic than Pathfinder General.
>>
>>54954533
Sounds good.
>>
according to chummer, making a contact a family member makes them cost an extra point of karma, but where is this in the rulebooks? I can find absolutely no mention of this anywhere
>>
>>54954544

Gotcha covered, boss.
>>
>>54954806
It even has heterochromia.
>>
>>54954544
>more pornographic than Pathfinder General.
I thought this was a christian image board.
>>
File: t3_5nj7m6.gif (421KB, 675x336px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5nj7m6.gif
421KB, 675x336px
>>54954854

The real question is: "where's her left ring finger right now?"

Cyber-fingers are quite versatile...
>>
>>54954876
You're not wrong...
>>
>>54954876
90% of the time their OP image is straight /h/ tier.
>>
>>54955339
lies and slander, it's mostly /cm/ tier
>>
>>54953374
>act toothless and irrational
Anon, not every run involves some manner of critical information or personnel that makes it so that spending resources to reacquire is a sound choice.
I'd argue that unless re-appropriation is an absolute priority, slash and burn is far more cost effective, and that does not involve looking for the runner group that started the mess.
What the previous anon was talking about is exactly how real life syndicates and criminal cartels operate: Money comes before ALL ELSE. If it is not worth it in hard currency and can't be settled with the standard set of intimidation tactics, it is not done. At that point, an individual can pursue it as a grudge, but the syndicate washes it's hands of the matter as an organization.
>>
File: 1485990840526.png (254KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
1485990840526.png
254KB, 566x533px
>>54937914
NANs ought to be toned down, if only down to "winning"from a civil war actual representation of Tribal nations in the US congress, thereby making it more of a clusterufck. Then the Canadians get fucked up the secession of Quebec, spirits and awakened critters taking over Canadian industrial and rural areas, leading the Canucks to beg the US for aid. The President negotiates the remaining portions of Canada into the us, which combined with the Native American States (NASTs or Nasties) leads to the secession of the Confederacy. The secession is supported by an even more virulent media hype than we have now, megacorp and foreign government, and secret Black Lodge influence to weaken an increasingly strong USA federal government. Borders are pretty much the same as in current shadowrun, minus Aztlan annexation of part of Texas, and the whole Denver/Front Range Free Zone situation.

You can take or leave ORO and Aztlan, but I think making the Aztec religion the face of Aztlan is a retarded idea. Just make Catholicism the state religion, with secret """""Aztec""""" ceremonies for the elite. Aztechnology could be renamed, but the pun is really good and might even work for marketing. Aztlan should still absorb most of Central America under the guise of "protection," and end up fighting awakened Amazonia.

Amazonia itself should be much smaller, consist only of the Amazon, and be in constant warfare with Aztlan, whatever remains of Brasil, and probably anyone who isn't eco-friendly enough in their opinion. They hold on only because they have a really high proportion of mages, an absurd quantity of magical critters on their side, not much worth fighting over besides the logging industry and expanding cattle ranches. This results in Amazonia actually starting most of the fights it gets into, by liberating cattle ranches, sabotaging factories, planting explosives in major ports, teaching magic to criminals in hostile nations.
>>
>>54956294
The NAN states make a lot of sense to me.

If, for some reason, VITAS was engineered not to target individuals carrying native american genetic markers.
>>
>>54956407

Except VITAS wasn't engineered. And if it was, then it's just as easy to suggest VITAS be engineered to specifically target those with Native genotypes. Amerind Wank needs to be dropped from SR entirely if you're adopting a modern timeline.
>>
>>54956444
>Dragons return, shortly followed by a plague that wipes out the majority of humanity, making the world vulnerable to their machinations
Sure, VITAS wasn't engineered. I believe you.
>>
>>54956597
Natives weren't immune to it either, they got through by being isolated in concentration camps. If VITAS had got into the camps, the crowded conditions would've killed more of them than any other demographic.

And considering the guards, it really should have been transmitted. More FASA bullshit that doesn't hold up.
>>
>>54956677
Sure. They were "Isolated" in "Internment camps." That's why they survived. I believe you.

Despite the fact that any of the guards on those camps might have been infected.
>>
>>54955760
>Anon, not every run involves some manner of critical information or personnel that makes it so that spending resources to reacquire is a sound choice.
Yes, and I acknowledged that fact twice and pointed out that both playstyles can exist in the same - still consistent - world specifically because of it.

Did you read the post?
>>
>>54956294
The whole NAN thing should have been Russia instead.

Western, Eastern and Southern populous, urban borders stay oligarchic russian, but the main mass of the core territory becomes the Inuit version of the NAN.
>>
>>54956713
Believe it or not, truth is truth you mong.
>>
>>54956766
I bet you even believe Johnsons always have their runners' best interests in mind, and there's nothing in an arcology's water supply that makes people passive drones.

Wake up, my friend. Other freed minds are waiting for you.
>>
Being in prison
2 people are missing, the one free have no idea what was the case because we did not share info
I have no idea why I continue to play
>>
>>54956827
le ebin trolling friendo.
>>
File: snopesskills.png (4KB, 261x25px) Image search: [Google]
snopesskills.png
4KB, 261x25px
>>54956827
Snopes posting ITT
>>
>>54956827
>nothing in an arcology's water supply that makes people passive drones
I was gonna correct you, but then I noticed you specifically said arcology.
>>
File: Amazing_hat.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_hat.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
Is giving your character any kind of visual design an automatic distinctive style?
I was considering this earlier today, and it keeps coming up.
I mean, check out this guy's amazing hat. If I made a street sam with that outfit, it'd be distinctive style as fuck, right?
>>
File: Schwarzwald.png (797KB, 703x514px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarzwald.png
797KB, 703x514px
>>54953272
This is why there's mechanics for public recognition and notoriety, and a number of qualities (positive and negative) that effect your ability to be found.
>>
>>54957473
Probably, due to the anachronistic and impractical nature of it, yes.

I'd say a custom painted ballistic mask is pretty par for the course at this point, so I wouldn't rule that distinctive style, but when you get to the point where something sacrifices function over form like that hat and also add in the anachronistic factor, then yes.
>>
>>54957480
Also qualities for your lifestyle.
>>
>>54954687
Run Faster has all the specialty contact rules.
>>
>>54957514
I am willing to go quite some length for an amazing hat like that.
Though, it could totally be ironshod. That wouldn't change the look much.
>>
>>54957473
from 4e, but 5e is probably just a Copypasta version
>>
>>54957535
You could make the hat be an AR thing you can turn off.
>>
File: Runners Companion p104.png (126KB, 345x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Runners Companion p104.png
126KB, 345x1015px
>>54957536
And of course I forget the image
>>
>>54957542
AR is always kind of lame.
>>
>>54957557
I think really the point is: What does it matter if you wear a distinctive hat while you're doing your crime stuff?

The important part is that you don't wear it in your private life and maybe keep it hidden at home instead of putting it on your mantelpiece.

Most of the examples in the image are about actual physical or more permanent stuff, and not something you can just take off, anyway.
>>
>>54957572
Though, wearing it every time you go outside MIGHT be distinctive, right?
>>
File: Nordic Shaman.jpg (95KB, 735x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Nordic Shaman.jpg
95KB, 735x1087px
>>54957650
Wearing it all the time is the definition of Distinctive Style. If you don't do it all the time, so that you are Distinctive because of a certain personal Style, then you don't meet the quality's requirement.
>>
>>54957650
You shouldn't enter or leave your regular neighborhood home in your running gear. You change somewhere else.
>>
Is there any way to SURGE or Adept my way into having a ranged fire attack? I want to create a Dog Shapeshifter that's actually a Hellhound, but I'm not sure if the tools exist to do that without homebrewing.
>>
>>54957889
Mage with Fireball Spell?
>>
File: Flamethrower.jpg (19KB, 736x426px) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower.jpg
19KB, 736x426px
>>54957889
You are going to have to homebrew anyways because paracritter species do not produce shapeshifters.

Otherwise, Adept Spell: Literally Any Fire Spell.

A SURGE paracritter shapeshifter is such bullshit I'm not going to touch it
>>
>>54956713
>>54956677
>>54956597
>>54956444
>>54956407
>>54956766
>>54956827
The actual reason why the natives weren't hit hard by VITAS had nothing to do with isolation and everything to do with having early access to magical disease-curing spells and refusing to share any of them with the white people.
>>
>>54957933
>It is signifcant to note that changelings have been detected among several non-metahuman species as well.
>The first step when creating a changeling character is to choose a normal metatype (human, elf, dwarf, ork, or troll), metavariant (p. 46), or, contingent on gamemaster approval, a Non-Metahuman sapient.

>>54957925
>>54957933
I don't really want to go a route involving Drain - I was hoping there might be an Adept option because I want it to be a natural/fundamental thing like a hellhound's Elemental Attack, rather than something which feels artificial/learned like a spell.

I guess I'll just need to see if my GM will let me take a Critter Power for a certain number of PP, or as a Metamagic.
>>
>>54958175
No ranged adept options for doing fire other than spell or just throwing stuff that's on fire or causes fire.

Maybe just get a mask or helmet with micro flare launchers built into it.
>>
>>54958229
>Maybe just get a mask or helmet with micro flare launchers built into it.
Nah, I'm trying to make a dog that actually breathes fire, not fakes it. That would totally miss the point.
>>
>>54958258
You pretty much wanna do a homebrew, so honestly just stop trying to avoid homebrewing.
>>
>>54957957
That's not what the lore and fluff say. Take your alternative facts elsewhere.
>>
>>54958275
>I guess I'll just need to see if my GM will let me take a Critter Power for a certain number of PP, or as a Metamagic.
>>
File: 1492818932761.jpg (57KB, 780x597px) Image search: [Google]
1492818932761.jpg
57KB, 780x597px
>say my opinion on what I think PM is
>some fedora trenchcoats come out to tell me it's badwrongfun

I get the distinction now but you faggots sure are sensitive.
>>
>>54954544
for consideration
>>
I'm trying to mod a custom mentor spirit into Chummer, but I'm facing some problems. Anyone know anything about this kind of thing?
>>
>>54958175
There's a difference between 'non-metahuman sapient' and 'paracritter'.
>>
>>54959289
He's talking about a Dog Shapeshifter getting SURGED to be hellhound-like, not a hellhound becoming a Shapeshifter.
>>
>>54959323
He said 'Dog shapeshifter that's actually Hellhound' and asked if there was a way to make that happen with either SURGE or Adept powers.
>>
File: Rules As Written.gif (2MB, 339x336px) Image search: [Google]
Rules As Written.gif
2MB, 339x336px
>>54959371
And you don't see how going through SURGE or Adept means that it's starting as a Dog Shapeshifter, and then acquiring the relevant traits on top of that?

As far as semantic, nitpicky arguments go, this is probably the dumbest one I've seen all day.
>>
>>54959438
Take the dicks out of your eyes and read again.

He wants to be a Hellhound Shapeshifter. To create that mechanical effect (specifically fire breath), he sees three options: start as a Dog shapeshifter and use SURGE, start as a Dog shapeshifter and use adept powers, or start as a Dog shapeshifter and use homebrew. He specifically rejected spells because he doesn't want drain. He doesn't want to be 'a dog shapeshifter that's like a hellhound.' He wants to be 'a hellhound shapeshifter'. Which is bullshit because paracritters don't have shapeshifters in their species. If he wants to be a faggot, go ahead, but you don't need to jump ass-first onto that erect cock and pretend that it's canonically something that exists.
>>
File: butthurt report form.jpg (113KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt report form.jpg
113KB, 576x720px
>>54959543
>>
File: 57206509.jpg (51KB, 430x538px) Image search: [Google]
57206509.jpg
51KB, 430x538px
>>54959558
At least you gave me an excuse to go digging into my old cloud to pull out something fitting
>>
File: 2015-08-21_00004[1].jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-21_00004[1].jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>54957473
Unless they absolutely will never part with it or wear something else, then no. Distinctive Style is things like unique tattoos, obvious full face cyber replacement (pic related), an Irish accent in China, being a troll in aboriginal Australia (notable for having zero native dwarves or trolls), etc.
>>
Greetings Chummers I bring you things.
Namely the entire gear section of State of the Art ADL translated into English.
Well everything except the Runner commentary.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=143Qbf9YFoT4r6psNS5Jugjd39JrGn7cD029cWgcB9gE

Now this translation is nowhere near perfect because it's mostly been run through Google Translate alongside me taking a few creative liberties occasionally to make sentences actually be understandable.
Even then I hit a few weird spots here and there (Mercedes Click and PJSS Model 75 in particular were real tough ones) and the thing is probably rife with grammatical issues.

Did not touch the Magic section nor the Parazoology one.
>>
Bless you anon, bless you.
>>
>>54960616
>Free your elf
Well, at least Horizon knows the answer to; "Elf slave, what do?"
>>
>>54960616
Most of the 'ware in those suites don't exist in the English version. Are they mistranslated, or do they refer to German-only cybernetics?
>>
>>54960779
which of those do you mean?
>>
>>54960845
Reflex Booster in the Siemens Cyberspine, for example.
>>
File: upgrading Lifestyle.webm (984KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
upgrading Lifestyle.webm
984KB, 1280x720px
>>54960682
You can't just release them into the wild, that's irresponsible. They need to be given some aftercare to ensure successful re-socialization first.
>>
>>54960867
>Reflex Booster
it explicitly said that it's not a replacement, so I'd guess they mean Boosted Reflexes Bioware
>>
>>54960845
>>54960867
Also, 'Constitution,' in the Shiva product. Is a Vitalmonitor supposed to be a Biomonitor? I assume a Reaction Improvement is Reaction Enhancers?

Are Plastic Composite Bones actually Plastic Bone Lacing?

Is the Attention Booster an Attention Coprocessor?

Is a Rigger Controller a Control Rig?

What the fuck is a 'ByDesign Steady Stomach Stomach nerve stimulator'?

Artificial Muscle?

A Talent Socket could be a Skilljack.

"Audiotek Adaptable Input Module Modular sensor support over the ear."

Basically, there's a whole lot of shit that could be mistranslations, or could be German-exclusive content, and I can't tell which is which.
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572KB, 1920x1920px
>>54960973
Other Kraut here:

Lots of it is mistranslated. There is no german-exclusive cyberware.
Both the Cyberspine and the Cybersuites consist of *ware that already exists.

Correct names for the Cyberspine parts:

>ProTect PEEK-Versiegelung => Plastic bone lacing

>InstantPuls Reaktionsverbesserung => Reaction Enhancers lvl 1

>NeuroPuls Reflexbooster => Wired Reflexes Level 1

>LeibArzt Vitalmonitor => Biomonitor
>>
>>54960779
>>54960973
I'm going to chalk it up to a lot being miss translated because I couldn't for the life of me remember some of the correct terms for some of the stuff.

Pretty sure half the ways I translated the relevant drones skills is completely FUBAR as well.
Couldn't easy cross ref with how it was written in Chummer beyond the weapons, and even those turned out to be wrong at places because the cost for the Altmayer was wrong.
Not to mention Chummer5 crashing every time I went into the Assault Rifle section with that book activated as well.

But I'm assuming Constitution should Body in more correct SR terminology.

>A Talent Socket could be a Skilljack.
That one I actually stopped and debated with myself for a moment if it was a Skilljack or not just went with Talent Socket because I was uncertain what the right term was.

Hilariously I thought the first clothing line entry suddenly started talking about Bras (aka the female garment) middle way through and it wasn't sure what it was until I saw the statline until I realized it was actually an elven name for a suit.

But as I said, it's not a perfect translation and I apologize for that.
>>
>>54960907
Correction, it's WR

>>54960973
>Is a Vitalmonitor supposed to be a Biomonitor?
Yes
>Also, 'Constitution,' in the Shiva product.
Konstitution is BOD
>I assume a Reaction Improvement is Reaction Enhancers?
Yes
>Are Plastic Composite Bones actually Plastic Bone Lacing?
Yes
>Is the Attention Booster an Attention Coprocessor?
Seems to not be in the german CRB, but I guess yes
>Is a Rigger Controller a Control Rig?
Yes
>What the fuck is a 'ByDesign Steady Stomach Stomach nerve stimulator'?
Gastric Neurostimulator, CF p.84
>Artificial Muscle?
Muscle Replacement
Yes
>"Audiotek Adaptable Input Module Modular sensor support over the ear."
Modular Mount, CF p75
>>
File: 671234ab1a795390.jpg (35KB, 599x411px) Image search: [Google]
671234ab1a795390.jpg
35KB, 599x411px
>>54961080
follow up for
>>54960973

>Is the Attention Booster an Attention Coprocessor?

yes

>Is a Rigger Controller a Control Rig?

yes

>What the fuck is a 'ByDesign Steady Stomach Stomach nerve stimulator'?

gastric neurostimulator

>Artificial Muscle?

Muscle Replacment

yes

>"Audiotek Adaptable Input Module Modular sensor support over the ear."

Modular hold for a sensor of your choice
>>
I've enabled comments for the document for any further issues that needs to be corrected btw.

Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>54958591

Now where have I seen this before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwg3eXiISM
>>
>>54961200
Alright, let's run through the drone list, then.

Flash-Pack should be Flash-Pak - the English name has a stupid spelling.

Pilot Walkers should be Pilot Walker, singular.

Gecko Feet should be either Gecko Grips (for drones) or Gecko Tips (for vehicles).

Realistic Appearance should be Realistic Features.

I think Quick Assembly might actually be Assembly Time Improvement?

The 'target shooting' autosoft is called Targeting.

Tactile Sensors should be Touch Sensors.

Vehicle Mechanics should be Automotive Mechanic.

Minor corrections, basically.
>>
File: g_u_r_u__by_robshields-darrjnj.gif (1MB, 650x860px) Image search: [Google]
g_u_r_u__by_robshields-darrjnj.gif
1MB, 650x860px
I want to be a mystical hacker, but really don't want to be a technomancer. Is an Adept Decker worth trying to make?
>>
>>54961404
>Is an Adept Decker worth trying to make?
Not just worth it, they're the best kind of Decker. You can take the Improved Ability adept power to directly boost your hacker skills. Plus, Improved Reflexes is an option for both AR hacking and meat-combat.
>>
File: This is important for reasons.png (683KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
This is important for reasons.png
683KB, 1280x1024px
>>54954544
Also for consideration
>>
File: ndavenger3.jpg (2MB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
ndavenger3.jpg
2MB, 1008x1008px
>>54961388
Probably the best album NRW has put out to date.
>>
>>54961534
I want to claim the Glory.
>>
>>54961404
An Adept Decker is probably the strongest single focus decker around. If you can somehow shake it, a Mage Decker (or MysAd Decke) is better at general focus but required enough finageling that you were probably going to make about as good a mundane decker or better at the same level of optimization.
>>
I want to fuck Elves really bad, what are you doing to me shadowrun?
>>
File: 1474599428125.jpg (150KB, 504x426px) Image search: [Google]
1474599428125.jpg
150KB, 504x426px
>>54961794
>I want to fuck Elves
Pleb.
>>
>>54958429
Hardcore Trenchcoaters are always more obnoxious than hardcore Mohawkers, for some reason.
>>
File: 1498831268370.jpg (75KB, 772x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1498831268370.jpg
75KB, 772x1035px
>>54958429
PM?
>>
>>54962285
read the discussion
>>
>>54962285
Pink Mohawk. The Escape From New York to Black Trenchcoat's Heist (2001).
>>
File: 1499742289123.png (935KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499742289123.png
935KB, 1280x720px
>>54962298
I did, it just didn't occur to me that it would mean Pink Mohawk because I'm retarded.
>>
Edgemonkey decker, Y/N?
>>
>>54963067
Sure. Edge lets you blow past your Deck Limits. Could start with a super cheapo Deck and use Edge when it really matters.
>>
>>54958756
Yo.
>>54961084
>Not to mention Chummer5 crashing every time I went into the Assault Rifle section with that book activated as well.
Shouild be working properly in the current build.
>>
>>54963512
Chummer immediately crashes on attempt to export a sheet.

Crash followup id = 409d0bb5-cf12-464b-a326-048c35f0a5b1
Expression must evaluate to a node-set.
>>
>>54963630
Shit, builds aren't working properly. It's fixed in the code, but the current nightly builds aren't behaving properly. Will be fixed shortly.
>>
>>54963795
It seems the extended clip on the tmp isn't working at all
>>
>>54963512
>Yo.
Ayy, I'm trying to put in a new mentor spirit and it looks like I may need a new ID code or something for it, because I edited the mentors.xml file and stuck in a new mentor in the file and it didn't work. Any guidelines to offer or ideas on what I might be doing wrong if not that?
>>
The advanced Reagent rules from Forbidden Arcana were a mistake.
>>
>>54964438
You have to create a custommentors.xml file, not just edit the regular one.
>>
>>54964836
So if I make that file, slap another mentor spirit's code into it, changed that mentor spirit's ID and name, it would show up in Chummer?

Great, thanks Anon.
>>
>>54964438
So what you need to do is make a file called custom_mentors.xml, or custom_mycoolthing_mentors.xml, whatever. Copy the structure of the file, which in this case would be
<chummer>
<mentors>
<mentor>blablabla various nodes, copy an existing one</mentor>
</mentors>
</chummer>

The important thing is to generate a new ID for the mentor as we use that to keep track of things internally. Use guidgenerator.com for that.

Also, note that you'll need to use an existing book code for it to load, unless you want to make your own book file as well, in which case you'd make a custom_books.xml file as well.
>>
>>54965280
When you say book code do you mean the area where it says <source> ? Because if not, I'm pretty clueless.
>>
>>54963630
Should be fixed in 5.194.5.
>>54965341
Yup. Objects are loaded based on their source/book code. If the source is missing, the object won't be visible.
>>
>>54965361
Since your around, a buddy of mine was asking about shifters in chummer, how's the progress on getting them working?
>>
>>54961391
>I think Quick Assembly might actually be Assembly Time Improvement?
It could be Easy Breakdown or something like that?
>>
File: vjd4z4da0xez (1).png (2MB, 1421x1597px) Image search: [Google]
vjd4z4da0xez (1).png
2MB, 1421x1597px
>>54965471
I haven't touched them since.... May, or something. They don't interact properly with the skill system at the moment; when you change your form none of the skills update their attribute values, since the skills are linked to the original attribute. Aside from that they work perfectly.
>>
>>54964454
Knowing CGL you might be very well right, but why ?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.