[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever use these? They seem very impractical.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: barreldice.png (143KB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
barreldice.png
143KB, 480x260px
Anyone ever use these? They seem very impractical.
>>
>>54916952
Literally have them in that exact color, the d20 just keeps rolling forever.
>>
>>54916952
First, they're mostly too small. This is especially the case with the d6, which is hard to throw and read. Second, and more importantly, the d20 and d12 in particular are garbage. They roll too easily and will actually stop and roll backwards to favor certain numbers. All in all, they're a terrible waste of space, aside from the d4, but even though it's superior to the normal pyramidal d4, it's far inferior to a twelve-sided d4. Other than that, the d8 is probably the only passable one of the bunch, as both the d6 and d10 are far too tiny (and the d10 has the same problem as the d12 and d20, only to a lesser degree). A regular d8 is still superior though.
>>
>>54916952
d4 that actually rolls is the only good thing about them.
>>
So why would anyone use these over regular dice?
>>
>>54917634
Maybe they are degenerates who don't like the sound of dices bouncing so they gently roll them.

Definitely degenerates.
>>
>>54917673
"soft rolls" are just a ploy by cheaters to get specific numbers.
>>
>>54917673
>not getting a felt lined box with colour coordination to muffle sounds and contrast for clear reading
step your autism up degenerates
>>
>>54916952

It's nice to be able to get non-standard sizes like d34 and I prefer the barrell d4 to the pyramid, but other than that I prefer the platonic solids with d10s
>>
>>54916952
They are better used to roll in wargames, since a normal dice could pounce a miniature. These dices could, theorically, be thrown in a free direction and they wouldn't disrupt any miniatures.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.