[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Primary Antagonist of your campaign is pic related, how fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_1447.jpg (50KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1447.jpg
50KB, 720x400px
Could your party defeat Him?

Also, on topic discussion only, if you want to shitpost "le Reddit and may may" bullshit or just talk about the show, there's about 50 active threads in /tv/ where you can do that.
>>
>>54915726

Did you not even watch Pickle Rick episode? He is unstoppable.
>>
>>54915726
They don't need to. One of the players is already him.
>>
>>54915726
We'll just say out of his way, do some side quests and wait for him to destroy himself
>>
>>54915801
>implying Rick C-137 didn't kill Evil Rick
>>
>>54915834
C-137 killed ALL the ricks as far as we know. And the galactic federation. He also killed the equivalent of thanos/darkseid while on a drunken bender. and to expand On what >>54915749 said, he did what Tony Stark did in a cave, but with nothing but roaches, rats and bits of trash. Oh, and he was a pickle with no moving parts other than his mouth and pulled it all off in an hour before slaughtering a whole compound full of Russian guards.
>>
>>54915868
If there's infinite ricks, there's also infinite rick governments.

Also there's probably some survivors. It's not like they didn't have portal guns or anything.
>>
>>54915868
But he did that shit as a protagonist. Maybe not a hero, but certainly the lead character in the story. Unless it's a game of Paranoia or Call of Cthulu where it's almost explicitly laid out that victories are Pyrrhic and rare, it'd be bullshit not to have a chance to win.
>>
>>54915726
Crushes his skull with my axe
>>
>>54915726
>if you want to shitpost "le Reddit and may may" bullshit or just talk about the show
except this is exactly what you did OP
>>
>>54915726
We're playing an extreme power levels Mutants and Masterminds. I'm talking defending entire universes daily. He has no chance. At all.
>>
>>54915962
Talking about feats that the subject of OP achieved that are relevant to the question is not off topic. Sharing your opinions about the quality of the show or shitposting memes is not relevant. God, I can't believe I had to actually explain that
>>
>>54915987
>I'm talking defending entire universes daily. He has no chance. At all.
>the man who destroys multiple universes doesn't stand a chance

Lol.
>>
>>54915893
Not true in the first point, there was specifically just one Citadel of Ricks.

There are infinite universes in the Rickandmortyverse but only a finite number that are close enough to Rick's reality to have human beings in it first of all, and Rick specifically second of all, which is why there are infinite worlds but only a few thousand Ricks, and only a few worlds that Rick would be comfortable making his own.

The concept is called the "central finite curve".
>>
>>54915868
Yeah we get it season 3 is badly written and doesn't understand Rick making him a wizard
>>
As ridiculously invincible the show likes to make Rick, he can still easily be taken down if he's not expecting it. You just have to get one good hit in when he's not looking and hope the DM doesn't go "nuh uh he does this because SCIENCE and also he expected you to do exactly what you just did"
>>
>>54916090
So season 1-2 rick
>>
>>54915987
Your party is literally Rick's latest victims as of the last episode.
>>
>>54915726
Well, he was almost killed by Concerto.

My party has an evil gay bard, and no Jaguar expy exists in the setting. I think we're good.
>>
>>54916109
Yes, if he's more grounded like season 1 and 2 (to a point) where he can do plenty of ridiculous damage but is still vulnerable, he can be reasonably defeated.
>>
>>54916126
Not even more grounded. Just better written.
>>
>>54916125
He was also completely at the mercy of That super nova chick until they popped up in the middle of a Logic concert and she ran away before anyone saw her murder someone in cold blood. Rick is far from invincible
>>
>>54915726
Pickle rick!!!!!
>>
>>54915726
I'd probably self insert as a psychiatrist to tell him shit he already knows and has had explained to him for better by Morty on numerous occasions.
That seems to stump him
>>
>>54916148
yea but he planned that party right there, how do you know he's just not that smart that he knew he needed a party for them to get out alive, a crowd of people to save himself, so he threw a party, just used the people he knew for what he needed, it's not out of character.

Also he implies that by not going to counseling he saved himself from concerto by rescuing Jaguar guy, he could have possibly done that on purpose.
>>
>>54915726
You would have to fight in ways that made no sense.

Rig guns to explode anywhere between 15 seconds to a minute after your troops start firing them. Plant explosives on allies and detonate them if he gets in proximity.

Rain nuclear weapons on your own forces. Create fake superweapons that stomp imposingly towards him but run out of fuel and self destruct.

Have mages publicly challenge him to his science vs. their magic on deserted planets and then never show up.

Make clones of him if possible with cerebral bombs that go off in anywhere between three days - 1 week. Have a few 3 second clones detonate their heads, then situate them in front of destroyed research equipment with bloody, short, cryptic suicide notes, with a suitably head-explody pistol in hand. Bonus for producing fake 'mass suicides' of clone Ricks.

Create female ricks and have them commit suicide in front of him after delivering single syllables of an ultimately long, convoluted code that translates to a rick-roll in an forgotten alien code.

Have a small cult of femricks worshipping a nude golden statue of Jerry before committing seppuku.

If nothing else, it will cause an epic WTFing the likes of which will make everything else seem dull and pointless.
>>
Pretty easily.

Mage the Awakening is a hell of a drug, and I've been playing with kiddie gloves because I hate what the game can actually do.

Hell, we can even use Time magic to go back to before we knew he was a threat, and kill him then.

God I hate this game.
>>
>>54916213
Nah, the episode made it clear he left his portal gun at the office. He didn't expect to be in the trap.
>>
>>54916213
The first part makes some sense, though it only worked because nova was slowly choking them to death where she could have easily vaporized or crushed them like she did to million ants.

The second one wasn't planned, he had no intention of going into the sewer or that compound. The plan was for the syringe full of anti pickle serum to land on him as soon as the family left for therapy.
>>
He only survives through luck when the universes collapse even though it is a one in a million chance he seems pretty mortal.

>>54915868
He's also endlessly creative. That's his biggest strength.
>>
>>54916251
>God I hate this game.
lmao this is a very /tg/ post
>>
File: hkma79r.jpg (175KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
hkma79r.jpg
175KB, 736x414px
>>54915726
>Could your party defeat Him?
Yes, easily.
I sneak into his garage and plant an explosive on a device he is bound to tinker with at some point.
>>
A lot of these post are missing the point. It's really easy to take him out in a random encounter or if you get the drop on him. But Primary antagonist means he's actively out to get the party, or at least aware of them. Ricks Prep time makes batman look laughable, if he is at least somewhat aware of the parties capabilities, they're pretty screwed
>>
File: rick-and-morty-suicide.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-suicide.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>54915726
>Mage the awakening
>Mind mage
Oh its not so hard to push someone over the cliff of suicide.
Rick is constantly teetering on the edge anyway so its more of a mercy kill at that point.

My character dresses like a homeless man, and sits unassumingly in the corner of rooms or outside of them. Using telepathy to talk to the party, and seeing/hearing out of their eyes/ears

He fights by screwing with enemy perception or flat out making them turn on allies by using pre-existing conditions like a cheating spouse or other stressors.

Rick wouldn't stand a goddamn chance
>>
>>54915726
Hire Krombopulous Michael
>>
>>54916347
This. If Ricky has prep-time, it doesn't matter what you can pull out from your ass, you *will* die. Its just a matter of fact when, and how.
>>
>>54916459
I feel like we'd kill a Rick and think we'd won, then this drunken bastard would walk off laughing.
>>
File: 455854_1.jpg (52KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
455854_1.jpg
52KB, 630x630px
>>54915726
here, have a better NPC for a game...
>>
>>54916353
Rick had no immunity to those memory parasites, sons character with these abilities could absolutely fuck him up
>>
>>54916086
>There are infinite universes in the Rickandmortyverse but only a finite number that are close enough to Rick's reality
You don't quite understand how infinite works, do you?

If there's an infinite amount of anything, then there's also an infinite amount of identical thing.
That's including Ricks that are identical in behavior and traits to C-137.
Just might mean they haven't been discovered.
>>
>>54915987
Literally your game is the Vindicators, and Rick wrecked em.
>>
>>54916123
>>54916562
The Vindicators wrecked themselves because the moment they were put under any sort of pressure they cracked and killed themselves. If the show made them a legitimate team of heroes and not just fodder to make fun of superheroes, they might have been able to put up an actual fight with Rick.
>>
>>54916553
>You don't quite understand how infinite works, do you?
Infinity does not fucking mean "without end"
Infinity means "stand-in for a fuck-large number human minds cannot encompass. Trust me, if humans could use googloplex we would.
>>
>>54916602
you think Rick wouldn't just use the word googleplex then?

>>54916602
>>54916553
consider what the tribunal of Ricks called it.

the "central finite curve"
it allows for outliers and other finite curves posibly with other citadels and sets of ricks
>>
>>54916590
They really could have done so much better with that episode than making it a ham fisted avengers parody. Literally anyone who's watched the movies have probably made the same jokes with their friends when they were walking out of the cinema.
>>
>>54916638
Agreed. Great potential with those characters, very lame and easy execution.
>>
>>54916553
Not how it works in the show, >>54916602 has the right idea.

>>54916590
Rick did that while blackout drunk and didn't try to kill them at any point when he was in the trap too. If Rick was actually trying to take down a team of heroes, it would have gone down a lot differently.
>>
He's not even the most dangerous thing in the setting. Our party would have a difficult time dying to Rick. I'm unsure about defeating him. Rick is basically a trickster god.
>>
>>54915726
>The primary antagonist of your campaign is plot armor: the character

Tip my fedora at my DM for clearly having the intellectual superiority to enjoy such highbrow humor and leave immediately.
>>
>>54916845
You do realize that any character who hasn't been killed yet has plot armor, right?
>>
>>54915726
Fuck his daughter
>>
>>54915726
Well, he's clearly level 20 something, some kind of inventor class.
Insane mental resistances, He is shown to have oretty decent dex and accuracy, as well as high Int and Wis scores. His tech is equivalent to some epic boons, I'd say, so we're talking an endgame level boss.
>>
>>54915726
Killing A Rick is possible. Killing THE Rick is not going to happen. It has been shown that ricks of equal ability have died before. THE Rick has plot quantum armor. Its a cruel quantum joke. because he doesn't care about his actions or the world at large he doesn't die.
>>
>>54916602
This... Is so wrong. I'm not touching the "more than one Citadel of Ricks" thing, but infinity ABSOLUTELY means "without end", it SPECIFICALLY IS NOT an arbitrarily large, but finite, number. Please don't try to lecture anyone on infinity when you yourself have zero understanding on it or even mathematics at all.

Okay, I actually am going to leave one more observation: Even if we have an infinite set (say, all natural numbers [meaning positive integers and 0]), we can have a discrete, finite, unique set inside the infinite set. Say, the numbers 0, 1 and 2. This set does not appear anywhere else in the infinite set.

"Jesus Christ, so WHAT?" I hear you ask yourself. Well, this means that even when there's an infinite number of universes, there can plausibly be a finite number of Ricks.

"So I was still right? Right?" Well, not necessarily. An infinite set, like the one I presented, can also contain other infinite sets, and it can even contain infinite sets that are as big as the set itself. ("Dude... wtf?")

For example, the set of all natural numbers contains a set of [0, 1, 3, 6, 10, 15...] That is an infinite set smaller than itself. It also contains the set of every third natural number that is as big as itself. This means that there can also be an infinite number of Ricks in the infinite universes. There can even be as many Ricks as there are Universes, even though every Universe might not have a Rick ("As many" is actually not the correct term here, but you're too stupid to know the difference anyway).

I do not know which of the cases is true for Ricks. Are their sets finite or infinite, but Jesus Christ you're stupid.
>>
>>54917277
>best post in /tg/ right now
>>
>>54917277
>>54917329
I like the way you highfived yourself right there Mr. (You)
>>
>>54917277
I love you
>>
>>54916251
>Hell, we can even use Time magic to go back to before we knew he was a threat, and kill him then.

Technically this is the kind of shit Rick does

Rick is technocracy through and through, only he doesn't realize it, and he doesn't give a FUCK about vulgarity.

Rick is basically a Mage antagonist
>>
>>54915726
beyond fucking fucked. the only way we'd appeal to him is if we somehow invited him to drink on us
or if we somehow had some piece of tech or science he'd be interested in
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>54917277
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>54915987
Rick made a mockery of a group of universal heroes called the Vindicators. he made a set of elaborate traps WHILE BLACKOUT DRUNK mind you and killed Worldender, one of the biggest villain of that universe.
>>
Reminder that it was Morty that defeated the brain parasites, not Rick.

I use Fae contracts.
>>
>>54917386
>Thinking a universe level villain means anything to a multiverse level megalomaniac.
>>
>>54917393
oh yea, the memory parasites. Morty had a moment of Rick-tier genius for that one time and Rick barely acknowledged it.
>>
>>54916638
>>54916654
I didn't like that episode for those reasons. I think it would have been better if they bounced actual noblebright off of Rick.

After all there can't be Grimdark without Noblebright otherwise why should I give a shit about this show?
>>
>>54917400
it meant something to these universal heroes, but to Rick, that was Wednesday. that's what im trying to convey
>>
>>54917406
Rick has no defense against emotional manipulation. He can be defeated unless he essentially lobotomizes himself.
>>
>>54917410
Yeah, part of the problem is I think the new writers are drinking the Rick koolaid.

Rick is supposed to be an asshole who hates himself. The (dark) comedy comes from the fact that he succeeds by having absolutely no scruples or sense of decency. You aren't supposed to admire Rick, or think he's bad ass. You're supposed to pity him. This is one of the few saving graces of Pickle Rick episode, as it reminds us how pathetic he actually is. Of course redditors miss the point and reeee about "self insert psychologist" beating rick the fuck out with a "nonsensical speech".

She was basically pointing out that Rick is actually tremendously lazy, and all the science he does is just to avoid doing the actual work of self improvement.
>>
>>54915726

>The Primary Antagonist of your campaign is pic related, how fucked are you

Not fucked at all.

It's my/the party's campaign so Rick loses the status of Protagonist and becomes the Antagonist. This means Rick loses his Plot Armor. Rick without his Plot Armor is nothing. Rick may still have his tech and smarts but he's up against Player Characters, and PC's routinely break DM expectations.
>>
>>54917444
remember Rick has some form of Sub-dermal forcefield he can manifest at will, can make neutrino bombs and elaborate traps while black out drunk. he's got every conceivable ace up his sleeves and possibly even more. there's no winning against C-137 unless you're going for an emotional victory.

that's the flaw of C-137, he's slightly more emotional than other Ricks
>>
>>54917466
> flaw.

You mean, it's his double-edged sword.
>>
>>54917433
Gonna have to disagree with you on that front since they decided to have Rick be technically correct by having Machete save him in the credits.

Speaking of which that's another thing I haven't liked about this season. It just feels like they're wasting potential with certain plots and settings. Especially the first episode of the season.
>>
>>54916638
>>54916654
>>54917410
>>54917433
>>54917486

Here we have prime specimens of the pretentious redditor hipster critic.
>>
>>54917531
Thanks for the (Yous) faggot.
>>
>>54917531
>sucks the shows dick
>LMAO RICK IS SO GREAT

no John you are the reddit

Rick and Morty is meant to be subversive black comedy. Once it becomes predictable or you start masturbating Rick, it degrades swiftly. Then it boils down to edgy jokes and Rick beating everyone forever because Rick is so great.
>>
>>54917561
Your whole post just proves my point, you pretentious redditor hipster critic.
>>
>>54915726
Wait until he's blackout drunk and shoot him.
>>
I don't know about this character, since I dropped this trite after that poor excuse for a pilot episode.

And since my GM has taste, he would be dead in seconds if he appears at all.
>>
>>54917587
/co/, you can't just take those insults and just turn them around.
>>
>>54915726
He's essentially Deus Rick Machina. There's no "defeating" it, its a plot device that is up to the DM to implement.
>>
>>54917587
>le reddit
>le hipster
>le you are pretentious for explaining your criticism of a TV show with some level of thought
>L'implication that I'm better than you because I lack such reasoning and have instead resorted to name calling.

I'm not even that anon, I just think you're an idiot
>>
>>54915726
why the writing for the new season is so bad
>>
>>54917386
And he got captured and nearly killed by some guy playing a piano, saved only by serendipity
>>
>>54917675
New Writers have drunk the Kool-Aid, are fans of the show but don't 'get' it, IMO. It has nothing to do with the fact they're women. It has everything to do with the fact they're fans of the show
>>
File: 1456743472161.gif (2MB, 244x201px) Image search: [Google]
1456743472161.gif
2MB, 244x201px
>>54917277
I read this with Rick's voice, burbs and all.
>>
>>54917725
for me it has also to do with the fact that they are women, too many emotional bullshit regarding Rick. The first seasons had much better emotional conflicts regarding Morty
>>
>>54917819
Really? The only real emotional thing about Rick so far was the pickle Rick episode and I'd argue that was the best episode so far this season.
>>
>>54917277
>*Burrps* Look, Morty, the thing is, the thing is, infinity is huuuge Morty. Morty, infinity doesn't *burp* doesn't end because if it ends it isn't infinity Morty. It's in the definition Morty. The definition. It's in the definition, Morty.
>But Rick, what about hum... Google-numbers. Aren't they infinite?
>Please kill me now, I can't *burp* I can't believe my grandson is that stupid. Googolplex is just a number Morty. It's not a magical word that will summon Chtulhu from the depth of spaa*burp*ce.
>>
>>54917531
Sorry that I didn't laugh at Rick shitting all over everything.
>>
>>54915726
>My Clarketech bullshit setting that I've never actually run
>Rick becomes the subject of a wildly unethical psychohistory project
>Rick gets raped by downstreaming iron star ghost computers
>Rick is faced with an arbitrarily large force of cooperative, interuniversal boltzmann brains that are smarter than he is

In essence, a robot will hurt his feelings
>>
>>54917855
picke rick and the vindicators episode. 2/3 in the new season, formulaic episodes that have rick is cool/but also deep emotional stuff is happening combo
>>
>>54917531
Dan Harmon has said the Vindicators episode is the worst one in this series.
It's not just pretentious reddit hipsters who didn't like it.

It's slightly better when you realise Rick intended to just leave with the portal gun, but he forgot it cause he passed out. Noob noob was supposed to be the guy to sit in the seat at the end, but he got stuck cleaning up after Rick. It triggered for Morty cause he's around the right shape and size. Rick ruins the whole episode by being a drunk idiot on every possible level.
But even then it's not great.
>>
>>54915726
The only way to defeat Rick is to get his show cancelled, which means that you gotta start touching political issues that'll cause enough moral outrage that it'll piss off the normies and in an attempt to fix the damage, they'll instead end up making it worse.
>>
>>54918120
It's already begun
>Israel reference from vindicators episode
>>
>>54916148
That's assuming that Rick was indeed unaware of what he did when he was drunk.
He might have just lied, in which case he didn't need to expend the effort to free himself from the clutches of Supernova, since he knew that she wouldn't kill him in cold blood in front of a crowd.
>>
>>54918130
Well, overall he didn't really say anything except complain about defense budget, which mind you, normies complain about as well.
>>
>>54918161
It's still a beginning, a beginning down a slippery slope that may well end in a soiled reputation
>>
>>54917347
>Technocracy through and through
>vulgarity is fine

Void Engineers stay in space for a reason
>>
The whole multiverse shtick is so wrong
Say c-137 Rick plays russian roulette, there are now 6 more c-137 derived dimensions where the barrel landed in a different slot, including one where Rick dies

This is IF you espouse multiverse theory, if i recall correctly the preferred interpretation is now that the initial condition of your spin already determined which hole the barrel would select

Don't quote me on that's tho i'm just a mech eng
>>
>>54916553
Infinite don't work like that you idiot. There are infinite integers, but only a finite number of them are smaller than ten.
>>
File: 1445210112-religionbookbonus1.png (460KB, 684x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1445210112-religionbookbonus1.png
460KB, 684x1800px
>>54917277
>>
>>54917433
The self insert psychiatrist wasn't a problem because she called Rick out, you absolute spastic.
The problem was that she said absolutely nothing that hasn't already been established in far better ways before, wasted part of an episode in an already shaky season to do so, and revealed that the writer in question isn't above the sort of shit that ruins shows if left unchecked.

Morty in the average episode does what she did far, far better, and doesn't waste everyone's time when he does so.
And kindly take your
>he doesn't agree with me! r-reddit!
Shit to /tv/ where it belongs.
>>
>>54917466
>make neutrino bombs
Well, more or less. He kinda just eyeballs them and hopes they only blow up the planet instead of the entire solar system.
>>
>>54918437
there's a theoretically finite number of distinguishable humans that fit the description of Rick, integer Ricks if you want, but there's an infinite number of Ricks that are insignificantly different from other Ricks between those integer Ricks, and an infinite number of non-Ricks in what is more or less his role. You could get a given Rick and then bring forth a marginally more authoritarian/anarchistic or intelligent/stupid Rick, ad infinitum, until you start bringing up beings that no longer resemble the starting point, at which point they could be said to be someone else.
>>
>>54916553
There are an infinite amount of numbers between one and two. Only one of them are 1.5. None are 3
>>
>>54917466
>there's no winning against C-137 unless you're going for an emotional victory.
So what you're saying is that this brave anon >>54917001 has the right idea?
>>
>>54915726
We all die is some brutal fashion
>>
They can't kill him, but the Neutromium Golem will.
>>
>>54915726
He's a gary stu isn't he?
>>
>>54915962
Y'know, I can see the words that make of your post, but all I see is "MOOOOMMM! ANON POSTED ABOUT A THING I DON'T LIKE AGAIN! [noises of a retarded toddler throwing a tamtrum]"
>>
>>54915726
>if you want to shitpost "le Reddit and may may" bullshit or just talk about the show
Play stupid games, Reddit, win stupid prizes.

P I C K L E
I
C
K
L
E
>>54917277
KYS.
>>
>>54916251
I mean good luck getting temporal correspondence to go back far enough with a guy who's so toxic every connection he has regularly catches fire.

Yes it's POSSIBLE but it's way harder than you're making it out to be, even assuming the dice are on your side and paradox doesn't fuck you to death.
>>
>>54916654
Welcome to season 3.
>>
>>54915868
>And the galactic federation.
Probably not. They had enough men... insect... things and resources to finish making Birdperson a cyborg.
>>
>>54917347
Awakening Anon, not Ascension.
Reality is fixed, bar God-level entities.
Rick relies on Science, Science is fixed, it's not Magic.
It relies on the basic fundamental principles of reality.
We can change those from the very second level of proficiency.

Rick's trapped WITHIN the prison, he can't just get out by stating he disagrees with the fact it's a prison.

>>54918818
We don't need a sympathy yantra to him, we just need one for ourselves back then. And then? All we need is a photograph.
And Paradox? Fuck dude, that's toothless in 2e if you're not a schmuck. This ain't Ascension, where Paradox is an arbitrary "how dare you do something that shouldn't be possible" crapheap, but Awakening where it's a "so you've used Magic in front of Sleepers, or reached beyond your capacity" thing.

I said I hate this game, and I hate it because I know it pretty damn well.
>>
>>54917277
Most autistic and incorrect post on tg right now, keep working on your armchair math you failure
>>
>>54918912
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with anon's post? I mean factually incorrect.
>>
>>54918950
It contradicts him and he's pissed
Infinity is not finite
Not some fancy elon-musk-tier big number
>>
>>54918869
>Rick relies on Science, Science is fixed, it's not Magic.
*looks at the episode where he beats up the Devil after foiling his "give people cursed magic items" business by breaking all the curses*
Are you sure about that, anon?
>>
>>54919083
In the universe he's in if he's fighting the PCs in my current game?
Yes. 100% certain. Those curses were terrestrial science/supernatural powers.

Not Supernal magic.
Which if you don't have it yourself, you can't really do dick to.
>>
>>54918503
i thought she was great
>>
>this entire thread
so the only thing that can kill bullshit is more bullshit? I'm not even mad that's kinda amusing to watch.
>>
>>54916498
>If you think he's dead, he's not, and if you think you're safe, he's coming for you
>>
>>54918015
There's bot really anything I'd call emotional about Rick in vindicators, just acknowledgement that Rick is an asshole, a little more acknowledgement of that than in the mad Max episode but not enough for it to be telling of any trends.

Really you're looking at 1/4 episodes which isn't a big deal
>>
We're playing Planescape, so his worldhopping isnt exactly unique.

I think we beat him. The one thing Rick cant do is believe, and on the Outer Planes belief moves mountains.
>>
>>54915726
running 2 campaigns right now
first one is paranoia. they'll TPK themselves apart before rick even realized he blacked out
second one 5e and the pcs are level 3. nope they're fucked
>>
Show is good. But it is not the gold that The Venture Bros is. Rick and Morty has bad episodes, every episode of Venture Bros is gold.

Dr. Henry Killinger and his magic murder bag vs Rick would be an interesting thing to see.
>>
>>54915726
God's real in my setting so ...
>>
>>54915868
You say any of that like its a good thing.
>>
>>54916553
Just because you have infinite time and infinite whatever else doesn't mean that things that could happen have happened. It just becomes increasingly likely.
>>
>>54915726
Honestly just run and hide for a while until he gets bored/introspective and defeats himself
>>
>>54915726
Dude its been shown he can be kill off so long as it is unintentional, anti-climatic, and played off as a joke (see Rick potion no.9 where the only difference between that Rick and "C-137" is that Rick is more competent in cure serum creation). Unintentional and anti-climatic killing off of major characters in unintentional anti-climatic ways defines my groups interactions in campaigns. He'd be dead in 1 session.
>>
>>54915726
Yes? He spends a lot of time in easily compromised situations for the sake of the show being watchable and/or due to character flaws.
>>
>watching reddit and meem

kill yourselves
>>
File: 1476153358647.png (79KB, 522x305px) Image search: [Google]
1476153358647.png
79KB, 522x305px
>mfw reading this thread
Why do cartoons have to be so violent these days?
>>
>>54915726
Given the fact that the laws of physics and chemistry function differently in the setting, rendering his existing knowledge useless, and the technology level is vastly different from what he's used to, we could probably take him pretty easily.
>>
>>54916234

Damn you are good at this.
>>
File: lolipire pause.jpg (38KB, 557x202px) Image search: [Google]
lolipire pause.jpg
38KB, 557x202px
He's walking bullshit wrapped in delicious pulpy scifi.

We couldn't defeat him but we might be able to make him feel like shit while he kills us.
>>
>>54919221
>Supernal magic.
>Which if you don't have it yourself, you can't really do dick to.
then a Hunter shoots you in the face
>>
>>54921488
That's just how WoD games end man. Some irrelevant fuckwad taking your nightmare monster out after you fucked yourself or got a unluckly roll.
>>
>>54916318
Garage has defense systems.
>>
I call reddit at the first contact i have with him, instantaneously nullyfing his credibility and forcing the DM to forfeit the game, obviously in my favour. By doing my sacred forchannii spiritual duty the rooting out, exposing and destroying all apostate redditical content that comes along my way or that i find in my righteous sacred pilmgrimage for the absolute purge, i obtain perdurable status as supreme champion of the campaigne, a humble but well deserved reward.
>>
>>54920549
This, Ricks biggest weakness is apathy. He can do pretty much everything, but only if he feels like it. He gave up on killing supernova 30 seconds after she tried to kill him and morty. Your parties best bet is that he gives so few fucks he stops trying to kill them
>>
File: 1502146677010.gif (989KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1502146677010.gif
989KB, 500x282px
>>54918130
>>54918161
>mfw I rant about the same thing whilst blackout
>>
>>54917277

You would have a hell of a time finding all of the Ricks even if they were finite.

... Ugin .... who basically is like Rick, but a dragon planeswalker, basically states that the multiverse might be infinite, but our interactions with it are not, so Nahari, put these Eldrasi up your home planes ass while Sorin watches.
>>
>>54918130

.... The fact that Rick is worried about being a big as fuck Anti-Semite is funny.

... Largely because it forces him to care about his actions.

He really doesn't want to be the Beautiful Mind guy, and be so base.
>>
File: 1496809688640.gif (966KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1496809688640.gif
966KB, 500x305px
>>54921537
>MFW my longest surviving character was one of those irrelevant fuckwads that fell in with a group of mages
>Somehow still wound up with the highest kill count
>>
>>54915814

Or just give him booze till he agrees to switch sides.
>>
>>54916088

You didn't pay much attention early on, did you? Hes always been a wizard.
>>
My Barbarian breaks his spine, because Rick has never once shown to be good at sudden attacks.
>>
>>54915726
This depend on if party manage to convince Morty to help them.
Morty is getting tired of Rick shit while also getting smarter and know Rick more and more he may already be enough weapon to take Rick out.
>>
>>54919010
I mean you just have to look at the components of the word,

Finite: having limits or bounds
In-: a Latin prefix meaning not
>>
>>54916318
That's why Morty defuses the Neutrino bombs. Morty is also partly rick's defense against, even if he'd never admit it.
>>54916234
>>
File: infinity.gif (157KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
infinity.gif
157KB, 500x269px
>>54918437
>>54918548
>>54916553
>>54917277
The number of universes comprises an infinite set, but the number of Ricks within those universes is a finite set.

Just as in the set of all integers, the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 only exist once and are not repeated.

There are different grades of infinity, and its possible for some to be 'larger' then others. The set of all positive numbers is 'smaller' then the set of all numbers period [decimals included] because the latter 'contains' the former.

When Rick says their are infinite realities, he means there exists a set of realities whose number is infinite. That does not mean that within that set universes are repeated, or that every conceivable reality necessarily exists.

And beyond the Central Finite Curve [the bell curve of universes resembling a given Rick's until it levels off into completely dissimilar realities down to their laws of physics] there aren't other realities in which a Rick could even exist.

Learn to Infinity you plebs.
>>
File: tumblr_o7a5k1Ioeb1td9nmbo8_500.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7a5k1Ioeb1td9nmbo8_500.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>54924770
Note: several of the people I linked agree with me, you're not plebs you're great.
>>
>>54924770
This also implies there is the possibility of an inter dimensional being that's more ubiquitous and powerful than rick, that rick has never met because it exists outside his curve in another portion of Infinity. It probably won't have any similarity to rick though, because rick is both attracted and repulsed by his own ego, causing him to either cluster into more of himself, or kill other versions of himself.
>>
>>54924768
>Implying my nWoD Hunter isn't a borderline slasher that would kill Morty first just to simplify things and enrage Rick
>>
>>54924901
I feel like rick's been calling that Bluff for three whole seasons now. As for the "Make your own shit explode." That actually sounds very much like a pattern that can be exploited. He'd create fake versions of himself to trigger your bombs prematurely, or goade his enemies into killing you for him and visa versa. I understand it was just an example, but if that's what you think is a "plan that makes no sense." you aren't as smart or dumb as you think you are.
>>
>>54917433
I don't understand people having issues with the psych. I thought she was pretty great personally.
>>
>>54921488
Man if you think that'd work, you truly have no idea how bullshit Mage the Awakening is.

You have to be a completely worthless chump to get taken down by a Hunter.
>>
>>54917001
Underrated post. Recently divorced and likes the drink, were talkin pretty modest challenge rating here
>>
>>54925374

I liked that she basically is unflappable.

Which makes sense, when she like everyone else in on the earth, had to deal with the alien invasion. ... And other bits of sci-FI Zane.
>>
>>54916638
>>54916654
>>54917410
Yeah I didn't like the writers/Morty wanking him off that whole episode although Morty seeing the vid meant for Noob Noob was hilarious
>>
>>54925576
I thought her behavior was ideal for a psych and the most implausible part of her character being how unflappable she was when A P I C K L E walked in. And she had had half an hour there to be acclimated to it, so that's minor.

I could see people not enjoying the type of humor she involved, but I think anyone calling her a Sue most be upset that she called Rick on how very blatant shit and nobody's supposed to do that because he's the coolest!!!1!
But ymmv.
>>
>>54925688
Come on, "Too many times, Rick! Too! Many! Times! " was hilarious. (And also subtly hinting at Morty learning over time)
>>
>>54915726
I stop playing, because bringing a garbage Gary Stu from a bad shows into our Victorian era setting is terrible DMing.
>>
File: 1454682454582.jpg (299KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1454682454582.jpg
299KB, 894x894px
>>54916234
holy shit, you are good.

i was reading this thread and thinking, "i'm soooo fucked. my present character is a NORMAL 17 year old japanese girl."

see, the campaign i am in is a weird cross of Oyasumi Punpun, Kamizake Girls, BattleRoyale, and Call of Cthuhlu. One of the other starting characters was captured, raped, and had her uterus removed without anesthetic. We had a favorite NPC get suspended on a chain while a jet engine was slowly pushed toward him. the PC he was tied to, his girlfriend, is now at 12 sanity, and in no shape to do anything useful after seeing that. I have made enemies with a pretty imposing sukeiban. I am pretty sure one of the other PC's has a stalker, but it's against game rules to give any info or speak to a player out of character while the game clock is on.
....this is the kind of shit i can expect to happen to me one day.

and i see Rick as a BBEG, and it occurs to me.

sweet release

1: Rick has no reason to go after me. Is he a rapist in season 3? if the answer is no, i'm at +1 Good. does he have a reason to even notice a japanese teenager (despite the obvious answer, i am at the 45% mark of attractiveness. sorry) so, another +1 good.
2: So Rick ends universes. so what? completely off my scale. Hell, if the campaign ended and that was the explanation given, it'd be pretty anticlimactic, but it beats being fed into a woodchipper alive. I'd die, but it'd be completely an apocalypse i did not see coming.
3: so....does Rick kill Cthulu level beings now? ok....WHY is he the BBEG? that man could single-handedly Save me WITH NO EFFORT ON MY PART!!! I WIN!

so, yeah. can i have this ending instead? i really do not like Deep One rape sex.
>>
this thread is good
even the shitposts are entertaining!
>>
>>54925727
Subtly? It's blatant that Morty's by far smarter then he was in, say, the pilot. He looks the same - maybe because of the cure-all form the pilot, - but he's gotten to a level where he's more capable than his entire family, all things considered. Excluding Rick, but that's a close one, given his crippling depression, addictions and complete lack of protection against emotional shit.

Moreover, Morty's getting far less weak-spines and has balls to fight back. Rick doesn't see him as an expendable resource anymore, I'd assume. He is not in the Evil Morty territory, but probably very close to that.
>>
File: 225px-Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg (12KB, 225x303px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Thomas_Paine_rev1.jpg
12KB, 225x303px
Good times do indeed create weak men.
>>
>>54915726
I don't know. In a battle between Rick and four more Ricks, who would win?
>>
>>54928045
I kinda assume evil Morty is the end result of a Morty surviving for long enough.
>>
>>54928184
i blame george washington
>>
>>54928184
No, it's just regression to the mean on a massive scale. When things are better than average, they'll probably return to average sooner or later.

Plus you get additional confirmation bias, since in bad times the actions of the good are more noticeable against the background, like in Nobledark settings. The number of such heroes/villains doesn't actually rise and fall very much over short timespans compared to the background grey of everyone else.
>>
>>54928234
isnt the common theory that Morty in the season one intro is evil Morty? That would explain his hatred of our rick.
>>
>>54915726
Wont make for a great adventure but admit he is right and become boring. Once that happens he'll move onto other things. Example, the devil episode.
>>
File: tmp_25958-xra368556613.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25958-xra368556613.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>54915726
Not even slightly a concern

>What doth life (life life life)?
>>
>>54918648
>There are an infinite amount of numbers between one and two. Only one of them are 1.5. None are Slovania
>>
>>54916234
>W-Who the fuck makes *burp* guns that explode! A-And gives them to his *burp* own soldiers!
>A psycho morty! Thats who!
>>
>>54929772
Clearly Rick has never encountered the Imperial Guard.
>>
>>54918015

>deep emotional stuff

Look man I dont really want to have a big thing but there's nothing deep or emotional about rick. His character has absolutely no depth to it, he doesnt care about anything and sometimes he has feelings. He's about as deep as Brock sampson. I mean, shows like Bojack Horseman have really deep emotional stuff because it's relocatable. I can't relate to a dude having superpowers who occasionally feels burnt out but then doesnt care 99% of the time
>>
>>54916138
/thread
They brought way more women onto the writing team and it shows.
>>
>>54916553
a better way to think of it is no number repeats in a normal scenario despite there being infinite quantities between them hence the relationship and pattern is somewhat finite unless you start looking at the in between. and change what you are comparing. Hence the central finite curve theory, the only other council of ricks are in realities that are essentially different patern groups simple simple term the show is all whole numbers but there is only ever one number 1, however yes in another set of pattern and another show there is only one set of 1.1 and a whole set of infinity of 2.1, 3.1 ect .
>>
>>54931932
there's also a (likely) possibility of equally vast infinities of aggressive Ricks and Rick analogues like Zeep Xanflorp, as well as the more exotic threats like aggressive boltzmann brains that emerge from the cosmic dust to ruin everything.

The Council of Ricks is a silly organizations of silly iterations of Rick that only exists when it exists. In more universes than not, it's ended horribly or never formed.
>>
>tfw better Rick and Morty discussion itt than there has ever been in the history of /tv/

/tg/ once again proves to be the least cancerous board on 4chan
>>
lmao you guys are worse than bronies
>>
>>54919221
So... what your saying is no Mage has ever been killed by a science hunter? Because I'm pretty sure that's bullshit.
>>
File: 1354405211871.jpg (38KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
1354405211871.jpg
38KB, 550x336px
>>54932294
>>
>>54932630
I mean, anything possible, but Mages are really fucking powerful. Just pop in the WOD general thread, it's all they fucking talk about. The only Mage getting killed by a mortal is a total newbie or wanted it to happen. Unrelated, but the best way to stat Rick in the Chronicles of Darkness would be the fan-game, Genius the Transgression, if i recall, it's the only spalt that can challenge mage (it's still just fan stuff though)
>>
>>54932630
Hunters managing to kill Mages is less a matter of being able to somehow beat their Magic, and more a matter of somehow managing to catch the Mage with his pants down enough, and with all of your weaponry in place, sufficient to kill him before he can cast a single spell, and without him being able to take a reflexive action.

Said Mage also has to be so unimportant and unliked that no other Mage will either:
1. Take revenge
2. Warn him (and it's possible/probably someone else will know of the threat)
3. Convince a Mage with 3+ dots in time to go back in time and either save him, or warn him

And in this case, it's one scientist against a cabal of 5 powerful Mages.
>>
>>54932761
I haven't been in any WoD games in a while, but, mages were kinda weak due to paradox. And I feel like Rick could just just pull out his portal gun and go to a universe without magic and just easily kill them there. I dunno?
>>
>>54928428
That's a hell of a throwdown.
>>
>>54918648
True, but there is 1.51, 1.501, 1.5001 ad nauseum for an infinite duration.

At least half of these can be rounded to 1.5 for simplicity. Whilst each is a unique number, for all practical purposes there is at least a half-infinite amount of 1.5s.

Replace 1.5 with Rick C-1who gives a fuck what number he is.

There is only one Rick, but there is an infinite amount of close-enough Ricks.

The real question is 'What is the Central Finite Curve'. Everyone makes a lot of assumptions about it, but realistically not a lot has actually been properly explained or explored with it. Just a lot of fairly reasonable assumptions.
>>
>>54915726
As the GM I write him to die in an anti-climactic, humiliating way before the party ever realizes he dropped into the game. Probably have every oriface of his raped by The Filth, his soul ripped from him and his corpse and brain now a puppet to something far vaster, greater, and more intelligent than him.
>>
>>54927288
... have you tried talking to your GM about how you'd rather the game featured less Deep One rape?
>>
>>54916251
>>54918869
So as far as I can tell, you hate the game because you know exactly how broken everything is, how much bullshit you can pull off, and thus everything is irrelevant and meaningless to you?

Rick stops being your BBEG, because finally somebody else gets it.
>>
Can you send Rick to the Monster Girl Encyclopedia dimension? I think these two shitty series were made for each other.

The unstoppable force meets the equally unstoppable force.
>>
The best way to kill Rick is to let him kill himself. Send someone to try and kill him in a moderately competent way. Rick will outwit him and kill him assured of his own intellectual superiority, and that's when the nuke you implanted in the dudes body goes off.

It'd be best if the assassin was a Morty.
>>
Important note- it's very plausible that Mind Parasite Rick is not the same Rick as we normally follow.
>>
>>54934439
I dig it.
>>
>>54915726
I don't give antagonist shitty plot armor so they should be fine. But they are all fuck heads anyways so who knows.
>>
>>54934439
Do I still get to kill him? At the very least do I get to take his sauce?
>>
>>54916213
He didn't plan to meet Jaguar though. He was just saying "That's why you don't go to counseling" because he used that time to meet an interesting ally who helped him out of a jam. He's saying what you can do out in the world is a more valuable use of your time than sitting around psychoanalyzing
>>
>>54920965
It's an adult cartoon, it's on adult swim I think.
>>
>>54917347
So Rick is a techno-Marauder?
>>
>>54915726
I'm playing Ascension. Rick explodes from paradox the moment he pulls out anything that's too shiny.
>>
>>54934562
i think total Rickall takes place in a universe where Mr. Poopybutthole is actually real, which is why that bit worked and why he was inserted into all the intro clips despite not being a memory parasite
>>
>>54915726
Maybe. But there's always another Rick.

Also, to the mathy people here. Rick states that he has infinite daughters. I infer that he means there must be infinite Ricks, because every Beth we meet has one Rick and every Rick we meet has no more than one Beth.
>>
>>54938165
RIck is also an alcoholic who slurs his speech, exaggerates for effect, and straight up lies a lot. An unreliable narrator. He probably meant he has an uncountable but still finite amount of daughters.
>>
>>54924887
A Boltzmann Brain that's essentially a spontaneously formed ascendent AI which is eerily consistent across alternate universes is already my BBEG
>>
>>54928218
The Rickest Rick would win.
>>
>>54938165
Justin Roiland said in some interview or fan question that there are infinite universes, (and I guess also infinite Ricks) but at some point, the universes become so fucking weird and un-"C-137"-ish that the Ricks from those universes won't even register as Rick variants to us or any character from the Rick & Morty show.

Like a Rick from a universe where all sentient life takes the shape of an unknown alien colour.

>oh my god morty, don't lo-*BURP*-ok at it, it's like one of those Lovecraft things, one of those colours out of space morty it's like some colour we don't have in this universe morty it's gonna suck our souls out if it catches us!
>>
>>54927288
>so....does Rick kill Cthulu level beings now?
Intro sequence strongly implies there are things even Rick can't science away.
Of course, that intro sequence might just be a reference to how Cosmic Horror is the one literary/philosophical concept that's constant through R&M. All the main characters represent various philosophical schools, but the core is how all these philosophical schools react to cosmic horror.
>>
There's a god in the setting that makes life difficult for the elderly, he wouldn't survive long
>>
>>54915726
Convince the best DMPC to fight for us so the two immortals of plot armor are locked in a never-ending struggle of who is edgier and we are free to find a new DM
>>
>>54915726
Not fucked, because I'm the DM and I don't let stupid shit like that happen. Fuck DMPC's, I've been butt fucked by them enough times to not do it to others.
>>
>>54924770
Everything you said is correct except that the set of all positive numbers is 'smaller' than the set of all numbers. For every number you can choose a positive number that corresponds to that one with no repetition (a bijection). So even though all number 'grows' faster than the set of all positives, they're still the same infinity (same cardinality): uncountably infinite.

Intuitively you'd think that there are fewer positives because all numbers contain all positives. So you'd just be like 'first choose all positives, then there's a negative so all numbers is larger'. Any enumeration is finite, so you can always select more numbers. It's the same way there's no largest number: any number you give me I can turn around and give you that number + 1
>>
>>54934478
I honestly don't know who I'd rather have win in that scenario, because either outcome would probably be bad.
>>
>>54915726
Well at least I have a campaign now.
>>
>>54916086

The Citadel of Ricks also mentioned that all the Ricks in "The Central Finite Curve" are a part of it/associated with it (Including C-137 Rick).

That could mean, possibly, there are other Finite Sets of Ricks that are loosely associated with each other in the same way. Maybe they don't occupy a citadel though.

I'm not married to the idea though, but there's rooms for the writers to bring in more Ricks, if need be.
>>
>>54915726
All of his success stems from the writers just letting him win at this point before some of the stuff he does could be explained as plausible in a high sci fi way but now the rules of reality bend to fit whatever he wants to do
>>
>>54943362
>I honestly don't know who I'd rather have win in that scenario, because either outcome would probably be bad.
Rick wins
The monstergirls get emotionally neglected
>>
>>54915726
ez not being protagonist anymore he loses plot armor and dies eventually in the final battle after saying some pseudo-witty joke.
>>
File: 1365149311884.png (150KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1365149311884.png
150KB, 510x546px
>>54945652
this fucking post
>>
Just walk up and shoot him in the back of the head. From what I've seen he's not hyper paranoid. That and it seems he prone to being ambushed.
>>
>>54915834
>Evil Rick
>He thinks there was an Evil Rick
>He didn't watch past the credits...

You fool!
>>
>>54916553
BUT THERE AREN'T INFINITE JAN MICHEAL VINCENTS BECAUSE YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE PER QUADRANT
>>
>>54940426
>th-that makes no sense Rick, it's the same color as your hair, a-and it acts just like you
>>
>>54928218
Rick C-137 has already been shown slaughtering dozens of other Ricks, including Their Spec ops and the highest members on the council of Ricks.
>>
>>54918130
That whole gag was making fun of the potential controversy though.
>>
>>54918130
The only people I've seen get mad about the joke are alt-right retards on Youtube.
>>
>>54916086
listen. I played bioshock infinite. You're both right and wrong.
>>
>>54924770
>Just as in the set of all integers, the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 only exist once and are not repeated

Some things need to be arbitrated for this discussion to continue, would an exact clone that is similar to c137 Rick that was within a clone of c137's universe be considered the "same Rick"?

If so, what necessitates there can not be more than 1 and thus an infinite amount?

If not, why so?
I understand that within a logically flowing number set of infinity (sorry if there is a singular simple word for this, math isn't my strong suit) (so as in 1,2,3,etc) the following numbers are necessarily not the previous, but why does that concept apply to the Rick universes? If there are infinite universes, why not infinite Rick's trying to all teleport to the exact same universe/place? With infinite Rick's trying to stop them, and infinite Rick's to help them?
>>
>>54942326
I'm a mathlet pls help
>For every number you can choose a positive number that corresponds to that one with no repetition
10, corresponding positive number, 10
10,10 is this not a repetition?
>>
>>54940577
Okay so Summer is Vapid Consumerism, what's Morty?
>>
>>54932761
Already done. He's a low-Obligation Klagen, for sure.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (684KB, 1259x800px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
684KB, 1259x800px
>>54953353
Morty is absurdism.

An alternative version of existentialism by Camus, which states the nature of reality is so antithetical to purpose and meaning that to try and find meaning (like pre-postmodern philosophies) or create meaning out of nothingness (like existentialism) is absurd. The right course of action is to say "fuck meaning" and just live life.

Morty's way of living are like a socially awkward teen version of Camus' life.

>live life / live life
>enjoy being around my family / enjoy being around my family
>enjoy hobbies with friends; like soccer or getting hammered / go on adventures with my grandpa
>fuck a lot of chicks / dream about jessica
>>
>>54953714
Hence why Morty always gets mad when Rick goes on one of his nihilistic rants. Absurdism springs forth from nihilism, but it's a younger, more advanced and frankly more healthy philosophy.
>>
>>54924770
That is wrong. The number of universes comprises an infinite set, and the number of Ricks that knows of the Citadel of Ricks those universes is a finite set. But it has never been stated that the total number of Rick in the multiverse is either finite or infinite. Anything else is speculation.

There are 'larger' set of infinity than others, in a sense. But there are sets within an infinite set that are as 'large' as the set they are contained within.
For instance, let's take the set of all even integers. For any integer, you can multiply it by 2 and it would be an even integer. And likewise, any even integer can be divided by 2 and it would be an integer. That is what we call a bijection. And the set of all integers is just as infinite as the set of even integer.

What I mean with this is you have no idea how infinity works, and no one knows if the set of existing Ricks is infinite or not.
>>
>>54925694
Actually I was expecting typical bad psych comedy and misunderstandings when I knew the family was going to counseling, but she was suprisingly competent as a psych.
>>
>>54952865
Anon made a mistake because there are no bijections from the set of integers to the set of positives. All infinite sets are not bijective.
>>
>>54915726
>Currently playing Numenera
>World littered with forgotten supertech
>Script kitty level understanding of the pervasive nanotech makes you a wizard

We'd be pretty fucked.
>>
>>54915726
If it's only one instance of him, he gets killed randomly in his house.

If there's a million of them about, the party goes into hiding.
>>
I don't understand. Even if within the central finite curve, where universes exist singularly ie the 1,2,3,4,5 example, for infinity, wouldn't the infinity outside of that still imply that there's an infinite amount of central finite curves? Infinity at its basest is literally everything, and to me at least, everything includes repetition of literally everything else, an infinite amount of times.
I don't quite understand after reading through the thread. Could be completely wrong though, I'm an english major trying to explain shit I don't fully grasp on an anonymous internet forum.
>>
>>54960876
Everything within one infinite set only occurs once (there are infinite integers, but a finite number of them are equal to 1).
>>
>>54960944
but he's not looking for integers, he's looking for fractions.
You know, a rick identical to this rick with the exception of sneezing this morning wheras other rick didn't.
>>
>>54960996
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm talking about, and to my knowledge that's still inclusive to infinity. Like for example, within infinity there's a complete and 100% identical copy set of universes that mirror those in the central finite curve, except for in one of them, the rick in question has a single eyelash that's a millimeter longer than his near-carbon copy in the first central finite curve.
Within infinity that's completely reasonable, just as an infinite amount of near-identical universes exist to mirror the eyelash one, all with equally miniscule differences.
That's why I personally am not a huge fan of media that involves the concept of infinity- it quickly becomes autistic and retarded if you take a minute to really look at the scope of literally everything unless you implement some rule into the setting to restrict it, like the central finite curve, which then makes the infinite, finite.
>>
>>54953714
>No one was born for a reason, no one belongs anywhere, everybody dies. Now come watch TV.
>>
>>54915726
Probably not, the dragonborn barbarian would likely challenge him to a drinking contest.

Not sure if Rick would have to cheat
>>
>>54916086
In the comics the Citadel of Morties is briefly mentioned just before Rick and Morty go visit a universe where Morty is smart and Rick is stupid.
>>
>>54915726
God fucking damnit why'd they have to Stephen Moffat this character.
>>
>>54915726
Not very
>>
>>54964974
>Stephen Moffat
You lost me, anon.I also have no idea what's happening with Rick and Morty past season 2
>>
>>54965592
Every MC in a stephen moffat show turns into a god eventually
>>
>>54916553
infinite amount of integers.
finite amount of integers between 37 and 85.
realize how ridiculous what you said is now?
>>
>>54965731
So there's still an infinite amount of rick fractions between 37 and 85.
>>
>>54965781
>>54965731
You guys are actually debating two different types of infinity.
>>
Depends how fast he catches on about Stands. Though I'm not sure how he would serve as a primary antagonist since he seems like the type to do whatever and then fuck off.
>>
>>54938237
>uncountable but still finite.
You're fucking your definitions up friend. Uncountable finite is not a set.
>>
>>54957926
>script kitty
Stealing that.
>>
>>54965781
In the love potion episode, Rick places a low upper bound on the number of times he can find a suitable replacement universe. Despite being called infinite, the variety of universes may be finite, or even just finite in practical terms. Maybe it takes a prohibitive amount of energy to reach all but a finite set of them.

Or maybe Rick was lying to get out of being relied on to do it, like with Jaguar's daughter.
>>
>>54934562
>"I'm Morty C-137!"
Kinda blows holes in that theory, champ.
>>
>>54961075
The fact that an infinite set of universes can include infinite central finite curves doesn't mean that it must do so. The is no such thing as a "true" infinite set. You could have infinite universes with only one of them having life, with infinite variations of lifeless universes. Or you could have infinite versions of Rick. They are both infinite.
>>
>>54965781
No you idiot. If you take a set made of infinite integers there are no fractions in it by definition.
>>
>>54966373
You're the one insisting they be integers.
There's no reason for them to be.
>>
The secret is the portal gun. There isn't infinite universes manifesting every possibility of everything in existence, just Rick's portal gun. He harps on about how he's certain about everything he does because the portal gun CREATES universes out of possibilities every time he uses it. Universes C-136 and C-138 might run identical to 137 except those Ricks didn't flee through Butt Universe in the first episode, they went somewhere else because Rick just wanted to flee to 'anywhere'. Eventually the Butterfly effect leads them down drastically different paths but the only "junctions" of possibility exist at portals. Stuff like Lizard and Cronenberg universes exist because Rick is a chronic drug abuser and when he opens a portal while surfaced there's suddenly so vast a range of possible destinations that a few thousand Ricks come out the other side of the portal, some into literal drug-fueled nightmares.

C-137 is a dick about his portal gun and certainty because otherwise he'd create other Ricks, something he despises.
>>
>>54966473
There is also no reason for them not to be.
>>
Rick is pretty much like a freeform RPer who keeps making up reasons why he can't lose because he'd already figured something out because he's so smart
>>
>>54966262
I don't remember morty saying that in the parasite episode. And of all episodes, that one felt most like a standalone
>>
>>54966258
Justin Roiland replied to a fan question that there are an infinite amount of different universes in R&M, but there's a finite amount of universes where Rick (and Morty) exist or have existed.

The vast majority of universes out there in R&M are universes so alien, they can't support life as Rick and Morty know (and recognize) it.
>>
>>54966051
There are finite sets that cannot be counted within the expected lifespan of the universe, even if you count one every Planck time. It dosn't matter how fast you are counting, you'll never be fast enough to finish before the universe ends (presumably you'll die then too, even if you lasted this long)

As far as physics is concerned, there are uncountable finite sets. It's only math that gets all pretentious and pretends induction is a valid proof because it hasn't been wrong before. Of course, "Computer" "Science" is even more pretentious, claiming to be "Just math that implies access to a computer." but then implying problems that could never be proven by any computer that could ever exist in our known universe. These fuckers might as well just be theosophists, REEEEEEE!!!!!!!
>>
>>54966496
This is actually a surprisingly solid fan theory, that doesn't contradict anything we've seen in the show, and in fact only supports the themes of Rick being his own worst enemy.

It also means that Rick C-137 won't appear in your universe unless your universe is a parody of something that exists in the universe he's currently living in. And even then it would only be a version of that universe where Rick shows up to ruin it, because as far as Rick can tell, he ruins everything he touches except for drugs and his family. This whole thread is invalid.
>>
>>54916088
Season 2 pretty much began the same way as this one. Give them time and this season will smooth out.
>>
>>54966705
well, except we're actively looking for ricks that are differentiated by fractional amounts.
Not integer ricks.
>>
>>54971596
Except that Ricks are finite, as seen >>54968587 while fractions aren't. So we are not looking for fraction Ricks, we are looking for integer Ricks. Your argument has no basis on the show, it's just an hypothetical. We don't have infinite Ricks because we have been told explicitly that Ricks are not infinite. The fact that the concept of infinite allows for them doesn't matter at all, as we have other show element that say the opposite while still being perfectly compatible with the infinite universe concept.
>>
>>54972024
Then the series creator doesn't know how infinity or many worlds theory works.
That's the only possible explanation.
>>
>>54972144
Then you are a gigantic idiot. We have already explained more than once that infinite universes allows finite sets. There is absolutely no rule for which the set of all Rick must be infinite. And there is absolutely no rule for which an infinite number of universe must contain all possibilities. You can have infinite universes with just ten Rick in them.

>hurr durr but what about all the infinite possible variations of those ten Ricks?

They don't exist, because only because something is possible doesn't mean that it must exist. And there is no rule that says that those variations must exist.

Infinite universes =\= all possibilities exist. You can have infinite universes that are all identical except for the position of a single electron.
>>
>>54972612
Well, except for that timeline episode where any discrepancy made a new timeline.
Because that's how many worlds theory works.
So after a single day, an infinite number of rick dimensions would be made by minor changes according to the show's own logic AND according to how many worlds theory works.

I mean, I know you like ignoring that, but it happened.
>>
>>54972773
Or maybe you are so retarded that you missed the fact that every discrepancy making a new timeline was a very anomalous fact that was literally going to destroy the universe in less than an hour if not stopped.
>>
>>54972841
nah, it was just going to destroy them. The universe was fine. They explicitly said the parents would be A-OK.
And it was only going to destroy them because they had fucked with time so much. Otherwise, the new universes would be created without any problem.
>>
>>54915726
He basically just has plot powers, he's not really a character that would have any role as an antagonist.
>>
>>54915726
No alternate dimensions, so he would be scientifically weakened. Also everyone draws power based on the amount of people that have faith in them, and how much faith they have. He would essentially lose physical and mental ability until he was a commoner.
>>
>>54972869
>And it was only going to destroy them because they had fucked with time so much.

Yeah, by SPLITTING THE TIMELINE. Because until that moment there was a single certain timeline while what they did brought the number to two equal possible ones. The testicle monster literally says to them that what they did broke time.

I don't know guy, if you are so retarded that you looked at the episode where more than one possibility existing was going to kill them all and you came out with "this is the proof that every possible thing must exist" I think you may need to search for clinical help, because there is no way that isn't a pathological condition.
>>
>>54973088
I wouldn't be bandying around words like "retard" when you didn't even notice it was a personal threat and not a universal one.
Especially since you seem entirely uneducated in many worlds theory.
>>
is rick and morty good or is it a show for edgy kids?
>>
>>54915726
I'd rather the BBEG was a evil version of the party from an alternative reality.
>>
>>54973119
I think not remembering if a thing in an episode that came out more than a year ago was going to kill only the main characters or everyone is a not a big deal as coming up with the fact that not only it wasn't going to kill anybody, but it happens constantly every single moment.

Also, I know perfectly the many world theory, simply put I have more intellectual capacity than a rock, so unlike you I can understand that the many world theory is not the only possible theory that allows multiple universes to exist and in the show in question we have literally negative proofs in support of it, as the only time the timeline split it was a big fucking deal.
>>
>>54973173
Visually it is interesting.
But the humor is pretty lowbrow and raunchy, and the characters are unlikable. The scifi stuff is random contrivances to validate the views of the author-insert character, which trivializes real empathy. I feel like the creator is just trolling everyone who is curious enough to watch it.
>>
>>54973259
Of course you wouldn't think it's a big deal, you're an idiot.
Hence why you don't understand many worlds theory.
>>
>>54928428
>that show

this is utter shit incarnate
fuck
people call that comedy writing?
>>
File: 1490393739056.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490393739056.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>54915726
He's a literal Mary Sue with deus ex machina powers.
The real question should be
>"How long does your party survive?"
>>
>>54973402
I understand it enought to know that the worlds where you are not a drooling retard are 0 even with infinite universes.

Please, give us a single element of the shows that point to the fact that many world theory is being used. A single one. Until you do that you are simply a moron that read something on wikipedia and thought it to be the end of everything.
>>
>>54973974
>says this immediately after it was shown many worlds was used on an episode specifically in the show
kek
>>
File: 1452184066887.jpg (310KB, 700x852px) Image search: [Google]
1452184066887.jpg
310KB, 700x852px
>>54934416

Yes. i am being figurative. the entire point of the game is to survive being in a Japanese Call of Cthulhu game, and to not go too far from being who you are. so far i am 'winning', and i have seen no sign actual patented Chtulhu-Monsters are being used.
We see a few Yokai and unique things. it's more likely i'll be raped by a Trent Reznor looking Kappa or Shadow than a Deep One, but still.

The most common enemies are deranged or modified humans.
Rape is a very present threat, as it's Japan.

we have no guns. one character has defaulted to 'katana-girl" and she has killed most cultists and hentaibito we cross. I had to kill a potential rapist by jumping past an incoming train (lots of heaving lungs / girly run). i tend to use my environment and my relatively long legs to get away, if not kill those crazies.

BACK ON TRACK:
I would like to keep this R&M related.
other than my obvious weakness, point stands, Rick would have no interest in my PC and would be more likely to go after the enemies. or, he'd find a way to kill our planet earth.
>>
>>54974030
>Still missing the point that the timeline splitting happened only in a very specific situation, literally broke time and was going to kill everyone involved

Do you actually know how many world theory works? Because it postulate that the thing that the a main characters were going to time jail for causing happens constantly every moment for every possibility.
>>
>>54974151
the main characters were going to jail because they stole a time crystal, not because they were in multiple timelines.
>>
>>54917277
0 is not a natural number you mongoloid.
>>
>>54916086
"infinite universe" equals to "infinite everything". You can't say there's only 1000 of X in a setting where there's infinite universe. Everything becomes infinite by definition.
>>
>>54974235
>There are infinite odd numbers between 10 and 20
>>
>>54974181
>Still not answering the fact that the timeline split was going to kill them

But it totally happens all the time for each possibility guys!
>>
>>54974232
>Some definitions, including the standardISO 80000-2, begin the natural numbers with0, corresponding to thenon-negative integers 0, 1, 2, 3, …, whereas others start with 1, corresponding to thepositive integers 1,2,3, ….
>Texts that exclude zero from the natural numbers sometimes refer to the natural numbers together with zero as thewhole numbers, but in other writings, that term is used instead for the integers (including negative integers).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_number

Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't, depending on the definition for natural numbers you use. Considering he made it clear what definition he was using in his post you are wrong in every possible way.
>>
>>54973743
The word play is impressive at times and there's a lot going on behind the breakneck pacing of the show. You should give it a fair shot, it's actually pretty good if you're not watching it at the wee hours of the morning
>>
>>54974586
>Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't, depending on the definition for natural numbers you use. Considering he made it clear what definition he was using in his post you are wrong in every possible way.
I have over a dozen mathematics texts in my house and I know for a fact that not a single one of them lists 0 as a Natural Number, and in fact take pains to exclude it.

As such I am quite skeptical of the references listed in the provided article.
>>
>>54974742
1. The current ISO standard includes 0 in the natural numbers.
2. Your belief does not change that fact.
3. Even had I actually been wrong, the fact that I included the explanatory definition of what set I was ACTUALLY referring to makes your idiocy completely redundant.
>>
>>54974311
i hadn't read the thread, i apologize
i still don't get it but the debate is obviously over my head
>>
File: IMG_2491.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2491.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
The Rest of the Party Dies but I manage to Kill Rick and use his Portal Gun to win the game.
>>
Rick is a Mage with technology as a form his magic takes. Clearly his tech is scientifically impossible. He just bend reality to his will. So question is - how to defeat a powerfull mage? Answer - you cannot. Bend the knee, suck his dick, pray he let you alive. MAGE SUPREMACY
>>
>>54915726
Technically yeah, if my players got a hold of Eoamourian magics.
>>
>>54915726
Of course, the trick is just to be genre savvy about it. You can't kill Rick. He'll outwit you every single time. You know who can kill Rick? Rick. You don't kill Rick. You don't trick Rick into killing himself. You engineer a genuine situation that drives him into killing himself. It's not like it'd be particularly difficult, he's poised on the edge of that cliff half the time already. All you need to do is provide a little... well, a lot of booze, drugs, and plant a seed of doubt, and allow the problem to resolve itself.
>>
>>54916638
I think it had some nice elements, like how the initial set of obstacles was conveniently tailored to the Vindicators, 'cool alcoholism', how well Morty knows Rick and Noop Noop but yeah the Vindicators were pretty shallow.

Even so, RIP One Million Ants. You were one million pretty cool guys.
>>
File: 150079694356.jpg (27KB, 329x360px) Image search: [Google]
150079694356.jpg
27KB, 329x360px
>>54934536
>that's when the nuke you implanted in the dudes body goes off.

I like this plan.
>>
>>54974311
There are infinite odd numbers between 10 and 20 bitch i fuckin' said so multiple universes suck my dick
>>
is Rick a social justice warrior? he has blue hair and constant drug use.
>>
>>54965604
>stephen moffat
even Tintin?
>>
>>54979626
No, he Knows about the jews!
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.