[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadowrun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 914y5GhPeEL.jpg (907KB, 2003x2560px) Image search: [Google]
914y5GhPeEL.jpg
907KB, 2003x2560px
I know the vidya games are good but I was wondering a few things about the table top scene like what's the community like and what other table top games are similar to the way you play it (I'm only familiar with dark herasy and dungeon and dragons :P)
>>
>>54913942
its not similar to dnd. its a game of almost 50% legwork and things die very quickly.
its also pretty rules intense. be ready for reading.
>>
>>54914566
What's the simplest class to start off with
>>
>>54914648
It's not class-based. Character creation is (ideally) point-based, with general archetypes instead of classes. Making a street samurai is the hardest to fuck up out of the major archetypes.
>>
I was really looking forward to shadowrun anarchy when I heard about it since a lot of shadowrun's rules are off putting to me, but it looked like they probably went a bit too far in the opposite direction
>>
>>54914750
how so? TOO simple?
>>
>>54914764
Yep. I've wanted to do a shadowrun game ever since those Harebrained Studios ones came out, but none of the systems that are actually built for it seem particularly good. If I ever went ahead with it I'm not sure if I'd even use them
>>
>>54913942

If you are coming from Dark Heresy and D&D then Shadowrun is going to be one big jump.

Don't worry to much about all the rules. Play with what you have and handwave a lot of stuff. Then as you learn more rules bring those into play.
>>
>>54913942
The community hates the current distributor of shadowrun, but alot of the players are eager to teach new players. But you are better off going to >reddit if you want to be introduced to the game.
>>
>>54914796
Depends on exactly what you want but Savage Worlds+Interface Zero is not a bad start.
>>
>>54914801
the jump from dark heresy isnt that big
>>
>>54913942
>:P
Go away
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.