[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uplifted Animals in 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: we3.jpg (174KB, 970x942px) Image search: [Google]
we3.jpg
174KB, 970x942px
So I had a thought: the Imperium's stance on AI and Mutants are pretty clear, but supposing that some Magos went though the process of Uplifting a Terran (assuming some species have survived thanks to people taking them offworld during the DAoT) or otherwise human-familiar nonsentient animal like a Grox, Attilan Horse, or Fenrisian Wolf to human-equivalent sentience either via controlled genetic manipulation or cybernetic tinkering, what would the Imperium's ruling be on them?

There would of course, be long and heated debates on the matter first, but I think there are theological arguments for and against uplifted animals based on the Lectitio Divinatus and the Emperor's own recorded words. How would the various factions of the Ecclesiarchy view them? What about the AdMech? The Inquisiton?
>>
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Cyber-Mastiff

Well they already have these, so it shouldn't too alien a concept.
>>
>>54905802
That's just a regular dog with a servitor conversion. OP is asking about uplifting animals.
>>
File: Spook.png (45KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
Spook.png
45KB, 309x309px
>>54905896
tfw OP and bumppost mistaken for new anon
>>
>>54905386
eh, if Ogryns are cool, then this might be.

On the other hand, wouldn't their "uplifted" intelligence be considered artificial, and therefore heretical?
>>
File: 1448894002239.jpg (629KB, 1160x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1448894002239.jpg
629KB, 1160x1432px
>Ecclesiarchy
Turning a base animal into a cruel mockery of human intellect? Time to raise the rabble.

>Inquisition
As always spread otu amongst every possible stance on it.

>Adeptus Mechanicus
Pointless, just upgrade humans to perform whatever combat roles are required. We have no shortage of suitable specimens for conversion.
>>
>>54906027
>OP is asking
>mistaken
You deceived him! He trusted you!
Anyway, none I can think of, but Wolves of Fenris are kind of the reverse
>>
>>54906080
> Wouldn't their intelligence be considered artificial?

Well, that's one of the big arguments against them, but on the other hand, if Cogitators can get around the No AI rule by supplementing computer processing power with already existing human processing, I don't see why an uplifted animal with only a fraction of its intellect stemming from technological meddling would be considered any more heretical than a cyborg with partial machine intellect.

>>54906108
> Admech think it's pointless

I wouldn't know about there, there are a good deal of Admech factions who just love breeding new beasties. The Magos Biologis, for example, bred Ration grubs, when vat-grown flesh for corpsetarch could suffice.
>>
File: 1349119584574.gif (613KB, 1000x825px) Image search: [Google]
1349119584574.gif
613KB, 1000x825px
Slippery slope to Fur Heresy
>>
>>54905386
>human-equivalent sentience

The Imperium views the human body and spirit as holy and pure, so uplifiting another species would be maximum heresy.

For example: a regular dog can be trained to be loyal, and a cyber-mastiff is basically built to be a loyal companion, but a sentient uplifted dog has the cognitive choice to reject the Emperor.
>>
>>54906594
What about subhuman sentience? Able to communicate and possessing heightened problem solving abilities but still restricted from many abstract concepts.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.