[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Class System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: background.jpg (191KB, 994x666px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
191KB, 994x666px
What, in your opinion, is the best class system in tabletop, /tg/?
>>
Well, I'm typically more of a fan of classless systems but I really like class systems that encourage a team to specialize in wildly different areas to create a team of experts.

I guess I would have to say something like Anima for mechanical diversity even though I've never really played it? Or Dark Heresy if I have to pick one I've run before.
>>
>>54898547
I like the class to have no mechanical advantage and just be flavor.
>>
>>54898547
I really like the way rogue trader manages it, where your class effectively gives you a list of talents and skills you can purchase with the option of buying talents from outside your class with gm permission for extra xp cost.
>>
Strike!, Legend and Shadow of the Demon Lord all have pretty great class systems, if you'd like them to be flexible, but want to retain the advantages of a class system.
>>
>>54898547
I'm a huge fan of the Iron Kingdoms RPG setup.

>Archetype to determine if you're strong, deft, smart, or magical (almost supernaturally so for the first 3)
>Choose 2 careers, can mix and match at will (barring prerequisites)
>Potentially gain more careers as you advance in XP

I love how freeform it is. 2 characters of the same race and careers but different archetypes play completely differently. And how you can pull off silly combos. Want to play a super tanky in-your-face frontliner, but as a goblin (or the setting equivalent at least)? Mighty Gobber Spring Dhunian Paragon/Man-at-Arms, for all your full plate wearing, big weapon swinging, damn-near-impossible-to-kill-needs, in convenient travel size.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.