[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to run a naval campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1527.jpg (94KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.jpg
94KB, 500x304px
Hey /tg/, I have an idea to run a naval campaign in a homebrew setting with 5e. Going with low-magic and black powder, I have a lot of stuff figured out in how most things will work out except ship-to-ship combat. I remembered a mini wargame called Pirates of the Spanish Main(pic related) from my childhood and thought it would be a good idea to appropriate the minis for doing a bastardized ship combat thing, but it turns out they're long since out of print. Anyone know of a good alternative for cheap and small Age of Sail ship minis? Also naval campaign advice/discussion in general would be cool.
>>
File: ship.jpg (53KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
ship.jpg
53KB, 389x600px
Use D&D naval rules obvs
>>
>>54898107
You may be able to lasercut your own.
>>
>>54898334
>lasercut
What is that and how does it work?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (156KB, 1600x1005px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
156KB, 1600x1005px
>>54898334
Sounds like a lot of effort when you could just order a grab bag of generic boardgame tokens
>>
>>54898420
From where?
>>
>>54898437
Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba...
>>
>>54898107
You can get teem from the secondary market. Much better, though way more expensive, is Sails of Glory. You could also ask on /po/ for papercraft ships, I am ever amazed by their resourcefulness.
>>
>>54898107
You can get those pretty cheap on Amazon/Ebay.

If you live in Scandinavia, you might also want to check out Kelz0r.dk.
>>
>>54898420
I reverse image searched these, most sites said they were out of stock and the cheapest I found them offered at was about $30 USD. Little more expensive than I'm looking to go.

>>54898586
I'll have to shop around and ask /po/. I don't really want to spend more than $20 ideally. Alas, I may have to cut my alcohol budget for a month to get enough minis for some of the bigger fleet engagements I had in mind. My plan is to use the ship minis along with a hex grid at a large scale for ship battles, switching to a more traditional square 1-inch-is-5-feet square grid for boarding actions.
>>
>>54898464
Not him, but I think he meant to ask
>>54898420
what game do these tokens come from?
>>
>>54899015
bump for answer
>>
>>54900921
I think they're not from any particular game, just something somone made fairly cheaply to sell online.
>>
>>54898369
Lasercutters are coming down in price and you might be able to find one you can use. Load a schematic, have a lasercutter cut out some cardboard/wood/steel in the desired shapes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.