[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic Town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Magic-Town.jpg (57KB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
Magic-Town.jpg
57KB, 656x480px
Let's say there is a Magic Town full of magic users. It started out simple with one elder making their home on the spot, and what was once a home stead grew to a village then into a town attracting a variety of magic user. The town has grown to where it has magic schools , colleges, and where magic is used professionally.

Would there be any difference in magic classes, between wizardry and sorcery? Would there be any major rivalries between the classes and schools? What would the crime and law look like? What would the town's government be like?
>>
>Would there be any major rivalries between the classes and schools?

They don't steal each other's mascots, one school will sneak in at night and turn the other school's animal into a dire version of their own animal
>>
>>54897944
>What would the town's government be like?
If it's not some kind of Magocratic town council where representatives of a bunch of wizardly guilds, some of which may or may not still be relevant enough to have seats, jockey for power and prestige, I'll be sorely dissappointed. Throw in some Academic shitflinging and you've got yourself a done deal.
>>
>>54897996
This is why Necromancer U got move to the animated league. To many complaints about turning other schools mascots into skeletons.
>>
>>54898088
Meh, nobody liked NecroU anyway. Too many nerds and weird kids with specific fetishes
>>
>>54897944
Wizards hate sorcerers and look down on warlocks. They respect witches and shamans though. They hate sorcerers because they just have magical power naturally and don't have to work for it even half as hard as anyone else does. They look down on warlocks for having to bargain with greater beings to gain their power. They respect witches and shamans because of the highly ritualistic nature of their magic and that they commune with spirits/familairs rather than become controlled by/indebted to them like warlocks. Warlocks and sorcerers don't like wizards much either because wizards constantly give them shit and don't really value their opinions. Shamans and witches tend to get along with everyone.
>>
File: Magic-Town2.jpg (720KB, 1226x958px) Image search: [Google]
Magic-Town2.jpg
720KB, 1226x958px
>>54898085
Council seats:

Elders
>Oldman McLichardson
Founder and Lich, just wants the kids(everyone at this point) to stay off his lawn.Tiebreaker
>Ms. Baba
Witch, Town Granny, hands out treats, lots of pets(familiars/cat lady)
>Mr. Pointyhat
Wizard, Academic, no sense of right and wrong, found out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsy pop

Major seats
>The twins Er and Ess
Sorcery, inherited the seat, noble, snooty,high class, and literally blue blooded.
>Warl Ocks, Warlock at Law
Warlock, lawyer, double scum and sleazy.
>Archie Archmage
Mage, blue collar, the every man's magic user.
>The Mancer seat
Its always changing

Minor seats
>Archdruid Leaf Barkson
Druid, conservationist, flower child, and literally a bird nest
>Al Chemist
Alchemist,Known for making good stuff and bad stuff, will sale snake oil.
>St. Reat the Magician
Magician,relatively a new seat, illusions and misdirection oohh!. No for serious does he even now magic?

.... and I got nothing for shaman
>>
We got Clerics in Magic Town? At least some little subcult to Wee Jas or the local campaign analogue?

I'd imagine divine magic is as relevant as shamanism or druidism.
>>
>>54899095
I'd guess the town would need someone to deal with ghosts and otherworldy things, though I'd guess the town would frown on any sacrifices or witch hunts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.