[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kayoss is kartoonish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 31622239484_bbe309a167_o.jpg (451KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
31622239484_bbe309a167_o.jpg
451KB, 1500x1000px
Why isn't Warhammer Chaos ever actually portrayed as frightening?

They describe it that way, but no GW model or art is actually nightmare fuel.
>>
File: 1502155449118.jpg (52KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1502155449118.jpg
52KB, 500x471px
>>chaos
>>scary
>>lawl
>>
You have to hire a decent artist to make something that can't be translated to a model since nothing in that scale would be uncanny enough to inspire dread. Games Workshop has no desire to pay more for good artwork of something they can't sell and since they view the story as a tool to sell models they won't ever consider it.
>>
>>54895936
>Why isn't Warhammer Chaos ever actually portrayed as frightening?

It was in the original Realms of Chaos books. Everything past 1992 was a mistake
>>
>>54895936
GW's teenaged target audience generally prefers that over-the-top "edginess" to actual nuanced atmosphere.
>>
>>54896628
>GW's teenaged target audience generally prefers that over-the-top "edginess" to actual nuanced atmosphere.

I think that teenagers can appreciate subtleties and nuance - I would know, I was one of them.

The real problem is that the Blizzard "omg so kool and epik!!!" aesthetic has so dominated a lot of the younger generation to the point that they think anything unlike it is "weird". I say this because it's a trend - if they've played WoW or Starcraft or any other Blizzard computer game, it's almost guaranteed their taste has been ruined
>>
>>54895936
Read "ignorant armies" by David pringle
>>
>>54896755
Thanks for reminding me that Overwatch is fucking everywhere in the cosplay scene right now, and I thought LoL was bad enough already
>>
>>54896755
Starcraft 1 was superior to 40k.
>>
File: Ghoul_20Patch_20-_20Small_400sq.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul_20Patch_20-_20Small_400sq.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>54896823
>Read
Reread OP.

"They describe it that way-"

Artwork for Chaos is always goofy looking. None of it is frightening in any way.

Look at this. This should be what a Chaos Space Marine looks like. Instead they look like rejects for 90's toys.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.