[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your preferred method of playing a Fallout campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (601KB, 860x744px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
601KB, 860x744px
What is your preferred method of playing a Fallout campaign?

I've heard good things about Exodus, and since it was supposed to be the official tabletop version of Fallout I thought it would be best, but was disappointed to find out it doesn't use the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system.

I also found the Fallout PNP system, which seems to lift everything straight from Fallout 1 & 2. Along with the fact that it's a homebrew, it seems like it might be a bit clunky to run.

Have you ran any Fallout campaigns, and if so, what was your preferred system and why?

Also general Fallout thread
>>
File: 1450628491928.gif (248KB, 208x181px) Image search: [Google]
1450628491928.gif
248KB, 208x181px
>>
File: 1450629114057.gif (32KB, 131x139px) Image search: [Google]
1450629114057.gif
32KB, 131x139px
>>
Nothing good uses SPECIAL except the actual video games, there's far too much crunch involved.

Savage Worlds would work extremely well.
>>
Gurps is best
>>
>>54892548
GURPS
>>
>>54893234
>far too much crunch
How? It's no different then any of the WoD games. You have x points to put into your stats. if anything it's less complex then most point buy systems.
>>
There's already a Savage Worlds fallout conversion. I'll upload it here in a few minutes, give me a bit.
>>
dice+5d42+23
>>
File: Savage Worlds - Fallout.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Savage Worlds - Fallout.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
Shit, this is the one I should have uploaded.
>>
>>54895025
Combine this PDF with the Savage Worlds Deluxe rules and you've got a great Fallout game going.
>>
>>54892548
I'm using a thoroughly houseruled version of Fallout PNP for my current Fallout campaign; it works pretty well, and my players seem to enjoy it.

In case you would want to try it, the main things I changed are:
>no degrees of success except for burst fire weapon attacks
>dogs and deathclaws are not player races, like it should've been in the first place
>scrapped equipment durability; weapons and armor break only under special conditions
>scrapped half the stats for vehicles
>scrapped disposition; NPC motivations are easy enough to judge on the spot and adjust to player actions
>changed weight-based inventory to item slot inventory
>rolled traps into repair, rolled throwing into melee weapons and explosives, rolled first aid and doctor into medicine

That said, I also drafted an entire doc of traits and perks because the core rulebook's perk section is full of boring shit like +5 damage with bows. I'll post it for kicks and giggles.

https://docs.google.com/a/midmich.edu/document/d/12Pb5BXVk9yR3Mo90kfkGqE6iRh-0uifjPE1IM7YqrXo/edit?usp=drivesdk
>>
I also vote for Savage Worlds. It has a pretty easy to use hit location system that would fit fallout
>>
>>54894863
>>54895025
>>54895086
I'll take a look at this, played a bit of Savage Worlds but had no idea there was a Fallout supplement for it.

Thanks fellas.

>>54895320
Definitely wanna give the PNP system a try so I'll keep all this in mind as well.

Thank you, friend.
>>
>>54896865
The fallout supplement is obviously unofficial, but it worked well for the one shot I ran. My only issue with it is that the PDF seems to take enough from SW that you probably don't need the core rules to run it, but it doesn't take enough in my opinion. It's missing hit locations, the injury chart, stuff like that.
>>
>>54896972
Whoops, just rechecked to make sure I was correct and I was wrong, called shots are listed at the end of the PDF.
>>
>>54892548
I wouldn't call Fallout PNP exactly a homebrew since afaik it was made by original creators of FO1&2 and originally released as freebie on Fallout Tactics disc.
>>
I know fallout one was originally going to use GURPS for the mechanics of the game. I assume it would make a good system for the first two games.
>>
>>54892548
On the PC
>>
I'm heading up to run a game of the morrow project myself.
>>
If I ran a Fallout game I'd suggest all the PCs be athletes. It would be the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Olympics.
>>
>>54895320
The burst fire rules looked asinine to me. How do you handle them or are they just easier than they look?
>>
>>54892548

Why is he cookin the squirrel with its hair still on it?

Must be 1 int
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.