[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Fantasy, best practices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1499318220133.jpg (436KB, 752x601px) Image search: [Google]
1499318220133.jpg
436KB, 752x601px
Given how obsessed /tg/ can be over cosmologies and magical metaphysics, how best would you integrate the world's various beliefs on cosmology if you were to do a magical setting in our current world?
Or
What would make or break a contemporary fantasy setting?
>>
>>54887061
>interpreting magical metaphsyics and cosmologies
Dont fall down the same rabbit hole i did man im like a junkie for any fucking magical lore i can get my hands on for any game i run, joke aside you just integrate it as best as possible squash the big issues and since the small ones are impossible to anticipate just do it on a case by case basis
>what makes or breaks a modern fantasy setting
tough one but in my opinion its phones and non heavily government regulated information
i mean you got to think if magic existed for a long time the government would be way stricter then they are now right? basically its a no-brainer that pc's will have to actually work for info instead of just being like "i google it LOL"
>>
>>54887061
>Reminder that any random 5 points on a map can be turned into a pentagram
>>
>>54887417
>>Reminder that any random 5 points on a map can be turned into a pentagram

>Reminder that there's actual roads between those 5 points.
>>
If you wanted to seriously produce a unified cosmology, you'd start with the Zoroastrian/Vedic split as some sort of war in heaven.

This is already done to death, though, and is way to likely to end up either /pol/bait or weebwank depending on the exact makeup of your group. There's a reason the "divinity is reality-warping powered by belief" option is so popular, and it's because it lets you run the gamut from the Pope exorcising greater demons in the Vatican all the way to giving a jizo a headpat and immediately finding your lost keys in a fold of your backpack.
>>
>>54887581
>reminder that literally three of the points of the squashed "pentagram" are not even on roads
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.