[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Supernatural Summer Break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Main-Quad-Lawn_Web.jpg (1MB, 2000x713px) Image search: [Google]
Main-Quad-Lawn_Web.jpg
1MB, 2000x713px
>Your PCs are all college students who, for various reasons, do not or cannot travel home for summer break and must spend their days on the mostly deserted campus of their college until classes start back up in the fall.

>During these few months they decide to take advantage of having the run of the place and do a little exploring, checking out some of odd rumors, myths and legends that have been told about their school over the decades.

>As the PCs begin to investigate, they slowly come to discover that many of those strange stories appear to be true, and that there are a whole lot more anomalies and paranormal happenings on-campus than anyone realized.
>>
>>54885872
While set in a high school and linked to the wider DCU, Gotham Academy would be a decent source of inspiration. The building was built by the same crazies who constructed Arkham and Wayne Manor, so its laced with secret passages and occult symbols. Said symbols drive you mad, theres a mutant crocodile man living in the walls and the entire campas is built atop a buried army of super soldiers/golems designed to destroy the city if the Secret Society loses control of it.
>>
File: pathologic_fi.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pathologic_fi.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
We did something similar with highschool settings many, many years ago. Inspired by a series of short micro-stories that one of my friends wrote, presenting somewhat surreal, magical image of our highschool, we ran short rules-light campaign about bunch of kids stuck in our school over holidays, discovering that when abandoned, the school comes alive with bunch of strange, magical creatures and elements.

It has been well over a decade, so I only remember bits and pieces (we were also kinda drunk when we were playing it), but few things that stuck in my memory were:
>Coffee fairies (fairy-like creatures that inhabited the vending machines in the coffee corner and that liked to play tricks and mess with the minds of our PC's.
>Cannibalistic lunch ladies/monsterous witches preforming pagan rituals in the lunch room and worshiping sacred image of The Butcher.
>The school janitor being an ageless, incredibly wise Tom Bombadil like character.
>War between tiny races of Fish and the Bread People in the locker areas (based on old jokes and pranks our friends used to pull there, including one where one asshole stuffed a fresh fish in one of the un-used lockers and broke the lock)
>Magical observatory and alchemy labs in the art classroom on the roof.
>Giant worm living in the basement.
>Massive arsenal of WW2 weapons in the history teachers cabinet.
>Fuckton of monsters and mutants in the Biology Props cabinet.
>A human skeleton prop coming alive and being the mentor of our group.
>Bunch of our classmates turned into ghosts roaming the empty hallways.
>Literal gates of Hell in the Social Sciences Teachers room.

Shit was fun, if completely disjointed and lacking any structure or narrative. I could support exactly three mildly drunken winter afternoons.
>>
>Ever since the late 80s, the campus has suffered from strange brownouts and fluctuations with its power grid, during which time the student body has reported anomalous activity on the campus' computer network: sites breaking and rearranging, instant messages and emails full of code or garbled image and audio files, and even crude attempts to gain control of their PCs. If one of the PCs is a computer science major, they might recognize a kind of distress call in this anomalous activity that would lead them into an abandoned lab in the sub-basement of the technology building in which they find an A.I. hosted on an old supercomputer that is just barely functional. The A.I. has been desperately seeking its creator, requesting repairs before it shuts down. It is afraid. Can the PCs help?
>>
http://someordinarygamers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Escherian_Stairwell
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.