[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combat system for high risk slaughter.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: BCCtwSD.png (2MB, 962x1300px) Image search: [Google]
BCCtwSD.png
2MB, 962x1300px
So you have video games like Doom or Dark souls where you often face large groups of enemies. In these games, the enemies are often fairly flimsy in terms of hits they can take, but you are as well. Part of the fun is the speed and violence combined with the fact that you can easily be killed as well.

Are there any systems which allow for that kind of high speed group violence where the player is fairly squishy as well?
>>
>>54882498
Savage Worlds, with no bennies.
>>
File: IMMeen.png (202KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMMeen.png
202KB, 480x270px
People usually say something about Strike! at this point.

But you need to consider something critical to RPG design: what does it mean if the protagonist dies? Do they warp through time and space to continue rip and tearing? Is the setting a video game with savestates?

It'd be fun to see the modern DOOM emulsified into a Fate Core hack. I considered some parts of it; you chain Boosts via stomping demons, all the while equipped with different Stunt arrays per weapon, and "conceding" means resetting the map.
One of Fate's upsides is its 4DF distribution. Keeping numbers low and narrative elements basic, I think it could be done.
>>
If the PC dies easily I'd recommend some way to negate it or you'll have a party of identical grandchildren or murderhobos. Let them rez themselves, give them backup clones like in Paranoia.

Hell, make all the PCs revenants or something.

>Regen 1d6 HP per round.
>Even when dead.
>Die at 0hp
>Your corpse can take damage.
>Revive at 1hp.
>negative max hp = 3 days dead

Now if one party member gets mulched by demons, the game turns from pure rip & tear into "stop them from eating the corpse so Lt. Stalvern doesn't have a jesus respawn"
>>
>>54882498

3:16
>>
>>54882760
>People usually say something about Strike! at this point.

Well, it _can_ do it. You just need to use high damage (striker/blaster) enemies/goons/stooges, use the alternate rules for cover, and/or play with level 0 rules (lowers player HP from standard 10 to 6).

But it may not be as satisfying because there isn't much rolling involved. I know most people I know who want hack n' slashan want there to be buckets of dice for multiple attacks and damage rolls.
>>
Honestly GURPS. It is by default high lethality, and with some good play you can mess up opposing mooks very easily.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.