/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wargaming clubs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Sup /tg, I am starting a wargaming club (mostly 40k) at my college and was wondering if you had any tips and tricks to making my club successful. I also was looking for posters that I could hang around campus (please keep it safe for work) I'm new to starting clubs and needed some help, I thought this would be the best place to look. (Pic related are some of my models)
>>
>>54881303
In Australia?
>>
>>54881303
First and foremost, make it so that every army is a good choice. Don't be like here about what army your members run.
Second encourage painting. Don't restrict games unless people are just using grey tide armies for months
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>54881324
No, America. The college is shit, and doesn't have that many clubs, and the closest hobby shop is a 45 minute to an hour drive depending on the road you take. Sorry for the flipped photo, my iPad doesn't work properly in the camera department.
>>
File: image.jpg (300KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 960x1280px
>>54881382
Thanks for the advice, I also had an idea that since I have over 4,000 points worth of troops that I would have cut apart into smaller armies in order to bring in new players immediately when they join. I thought a small price ($3) per weekly rental would bring in a small amount of money to have a drawing for a start collecting set monthly. Do you think this is a good idea?
>>
>>54881808

Do you trust randos with your minis? I've considered taking some of my armies and running small games for the young adults group at my church, but I know those people. I would never take all my minis to my uni and let random people paw them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1168x2400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1168x2400px
>>54881964
I guess I'll have to take chances, besides they're going to be in one room and they're all going to be accounted for before everyone leaves.
>>
Honestly? Been there, done that. Not worth it. This is a really niche hobby that attracts a majority of weirdos. If you must, run it for like a semester, find out the good ones, and then just privately invite them them and play with them and dump the club.
>>
>>54881303
You might have a hard time getting people to buy in on gaming prices in Dollarydoos, the Australian markups are notoriously high.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.