[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the origin story of the wishing dolly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 18

File: 1501960975412.jpg (208KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1501960975412.jpg
208KB, 760x596px
What is the origin story of the wishing dolly?
>>
A little girl had a dolly. The girl died. The dolly was so sad that it developed the desire to have wishes granted with only a thought, knowing that without that, the little girl would never live again. A dick ass fairy saw these desires and granted the dolly the ability to grant others wishes.
>>
>>54878927
Someone wished it into existance, which caused it to retroactively exist.
>>
>>54878927
>Not wanting to disgrace and sully a fancy and refined woman through brutal rape to make her into a cumdump who can't live without your cock.

Is every man in Oglaf an philistine?
>>
>>54879803
Those types pretty well got it out of their system or were otherwise overwhelmed during the slut plagues, I should think
>>
This isn't traditional games. You should have posted this in /co/.

And no, your personal tastes do not grant special exemptions for off-topic posting.
>>
>>54879803
That's only fun to do during modern times.
>>
>>54879978
Oglaf belongs here more than you do, faggot. Stop trying to backseat moderate.
>>
>>54879978
You're not a mod or a janitor, so don't try to pretend you are.
>>
>>54878927

Why don't you use the Wish Dolly to WISH to know the origin? What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>54880296
>>54880320
>>54880345
Quit spamming when it's obvious there's no mods around.
>>
>>54879978
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>54880966

Whether it's intentional or not, it's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>54879978
Oglaf has been posted on this board long before you showed up bucko.
>>
>>54880966
>>54881034
>>54880859
>if I spam something enough on a board, that means it belongs on that board

That's a really selfish and shitty precedent you're trying to set, one that only invites other offtopic spam. The rules are not accidental or optional.

Traditional games are a very niche set of hobbies compared to things like video games or even comics. To try and force traditional games to compete with other fandoms on a board that's supposed to be dedicated to traditional games is, frankly, unjust.
>>
>>54881175

This is comedy, right? You're pulling our leg, aren't you?
>>
>>54881175
Spamming shit until it was accepted was how /tg/ got its own board.

Warhammer Wednesdays, kiddo.
>>
>>54881248
I guess if you find this funny, that's why you laugh at a comic like Oglaf, which hasn't been funny for several years now.
>>
File: Shen ults into a 3v1.gif (885KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
Shen ults into a 3v1.gif
885KB, 250x189px
>>54878955
>>
>>54881265
>this old lie

There's absolutely no proof that WW had ANY influence on /tg/ being created, let alone it being the chief reason it was. That's just a myth Warhammer fans who exaggerate the importance of a couple of weekly threads in /b/ hope to try to repeat until people simply accept it as fact despite their being no evidence to support their claims.
>>
File: Waldorf and Statler.gif (487KB, 349x199px) Image search: [Google]
Waldorf and Statler.gif
487KB, 349x199px
>>54881278

Ooo, sick burn there, Pottsy! Next, tell him the one about his mom last night!
>>
File: 1460845766318.gif (2MB, 300x174px) Image search: [Google]
1460845766318.gif
2MB, 300x174px
>>54881278
I do, actually, and probably not for the reason you think.
>>
>>54879978
Fuck off, questfag
>>
>>54878927

So, fa/tg/uys - what's so good about Oglaf, anyway?
>>
>>54881797
But questfags want more stuff to be allowed on /tg/, not less...
>>
>>54882747

It can be pretty funny, and the artist is very good at drawing naughty bits.
>>
File: kingshaped.jpg (225KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
kingshaped.jpg
225KB, 760x596px
>>54882747
It's not consistent at all but its highs are higher than any other fantasy-based comic.
>>
>>54878927
>What is the origin story of the wishing dolly?
I don't know, it's some stupid Oglaf thing.
>>
>>54882780

He's calling
>muh false flag
on that guy, because he knows deep in his bosom that nobody who shares his opinions could ever be a cunt.
>>
>>54882958
>>54882922

So, basically, occasionally funny dick jokes.

I'll pass.
>>
>>54884955
All orifices are involved.
Only amateurs limit themselves.
>>
>>54879978
I wish summer would end already.
>>
>>54884991
>All orifices are involved.
>orifices

Dicks are orifices now, huh?
No wonder this place's full of faggots ...
>>
>>54885126
>Dicks are orifices now, huh?
Where the fuck do you think the pee comes out
>>
>>54879978
>Oglaf
>Not /tg/
>>
File: FountainOfBait.png (1MB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
FountainOfBait.png
1MB, 760x596px
>>54878927
>Let's theorize on the origin of a fictional magical artifact.

>>54879978
>This isn't traditional games.
Heh

Hey guys, is there an Oglaf theme bait image?
(Halfway through confirming I wasn't misspelling "Oglaf" again, I remembered that I actually made pic related. I no joke forgot about it.)
>>
File: 1440092891592.png (83KB, 256x299px) Image search: [Google]
1440092891592.png
83KB, 256x299px
>>54880319
>Refined women
>2017
>>
>>54885126
So you're saying you don't like the sound of that?
>>
>>54885164
Is it a traditional game?

No?

Than it's not a traditional game.
>>
>>54887817

And pretending to be a mod is, huh?
>>
>>54887994
desu, people have been pretending to be mods since forums were invented. sounds traditional to me.
>>
>>54882747
tits
dicks
cum
funnies
>>
>>54887817
Traditional games have a lot more leeway than something like video games. Video games are a closed medium for the most part. Excepting things like Minecraft, Littlebigplanet and the like, you are playing an existing product, and there is not much you personally invest into it.

By contrast, a traditional game is often wholly invented in its content and plot by gm and players. As such, there is a lot more that feeds into traditional games than simply talking about systems or rulesets.

In any case, off-topic threads hurt boards primarily by being disruptive, and the only one being disruptive here is you.
>>
>>54889241
>this thread is disruptive and promotes further disruption.
False.
Not thst anon, but this thread was to discuss possible origins for evil wishing dolls like the one presented.

>OP doesn’t even bother to pretend he wants to discuss traditional games.
OP being a lazy faggot is irrelevant.
The Original Post made sufficient effort to begin a Traditional Games discussion and your feelings about other threads that don't are irrelevant.
Your feelings in their entirety are irrelevant.

Now kindly stop making off-topic meta-posts.

>>54878927
A simply constructed doll with such powerful magic implies a powerful magic user, or enchanter, that has an attachment or affection for that design, either by convention of the craft or something more personal.
I refuse to believe the simplistic design is one of necessity.

Clearly a doll that grants wishes, and yet extends the effects like a troll GM flavoring a natural 20, is a "cursed" object.
Although, the source of the magic may not be a literal curse.
The magic involved in the crafting of such an artifact is such that it cannot be the product of accident or happenstance.
I am left to believe that the doll was crafted with the intention of seeking malevolent results upon specific person or persons. Whether the current, formerly ugly, holder of the doll was the intended victim, or merely the latest unfortunate to discover the true nature of the doll, remains to be seen.

The final question is:
>Can such a doll be used to positive effect? Can you ask for a wish that cannot be over-fulfilled to your detriment?
>>
>>54878955
>999 plot in a nutshell
>>
>>54879978
fucking kill yourself nerd
>>
>>54890354
>Funnily enough, the only thing that makes people actually even try to discuss games in offtopic threads like these is people pointing out that these sort of threads are off topic.

Not true at all. It happens in plenty of "off-topic" threads if you let it. Quit acting like your shitposts are helping anything. If you think it's off-topic, report it and move on, but don't act like you're going to save /tg/ by bitching at everything you don't like.
>>
>>54890054
>>54878955
>>999 plot in a nutshell
Unfamiliar, but if I recall corectly that's also kind of how the Hitchhiker's Guide Mark 2 was created.
It was designed to exist outside time, percieved and functioned in 360 drgrees of temporal direction (not just forwards and backwards), and was dedicated wholly to its purpose.
To that end, it manipulated events to ensure it's unlikely construction in order for it to exist so that it could achieve it's purpose, which it knew it would because it could perceive the entire timeline.
It had itself programmed in order follow its programming.
Very neat.

For what purpose would someone wish on a doll that exists, for it to exist?
Nevermind, I got it: "I wish for another doll that grants wishes."
>>
>>54890354
>You are setting some really shitty precedents here
>precedents
Heh
I really don't think I am.
Discussing an on-topic OP concept is hardly precedent setting activity.

>there are ten other offtopic threads on /tg/ right now following your ideas.
Citation Needed
I sincerely question your ability to gauge such things, not that there could be such things.

Did you have any intention of contributing any thoughts or discussion regarding the origin of such a doll or my question regarding a possible positive result from an over-fulfilled wish?

Note that such a wish would not be ever be truly subverted or undone by its fulfillment, just so fulfilled that it becomes undesirable.
Like those natural 20 jokes from that thread a while back.
>>
>>54890525
>image in everyone did the same.

It's be like /tg/ used to be when I first came here, where people didn't have a bug up their ass all the time about being "on-topic." It was fucking great.
>>
File: Oglaf - Ulrik.jpg (134KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
Oglaf - Ulrik.jpg
134KB, 760x596px
JUSTICE!
>>
>>54891278
"My wife has been taken, magical doll, I wish for Justice!"
>>
>>54879978
>durhurr I am new and i declare this thing that has been here for years before me to be off topic!

Awesome, so /tg/ was starting to recover but these idiots are back. This is why everyone who holds 4chan is in debt.
>>
>>54891278
>>
>>54891846
>Awesome, so /tg/ was starting to recover
Read the rest of the thread over for a Thrilling Tale of Justice.

>>54891903
Choice find, anon.
A Devil Called Squid.

Any alternative theories or stories for the origin of such a doll, or other cursed wish granting item?
I honestly can't think of any story that goes into the origin.
The closest was "When in hell...", a comic about a guy's descent into hell, where he found and befriended the rest of the monkey.
His first wish off the monkey's other paw was:
"I wish there was such a thing as an 'assophone'."
>>
File: Wishdolly.png (93KB, 231x342px) Image search: [Google]
Wishdolly.png
93KB, 231x342px
How is this even a question?

The comic has already shown that the Wishing Dolly is basically just a puppet for the Curse Skull to go around cursing people.
>>
>>54895373
You have cursed the thread with the Curse of the Correct Answer, swiftly killing any remaining discussion.
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>54887548
>>
>>54879803
I mean, kinda I guess? Do you understand how refined she is though? Like it's not fun at that point.
>>
>>54881146
And quests were here before Oglaf too.

Niether of them are traditional games.
>>
>>54891846
"Being here for years" is literally the same arguments used by fucking questfags as to why they wanted to stay on the board.

It seems entirely arbitrary to make that argument not acceptable for one thing but acceptable for another.
>>
>>54898242
>>54898220
Once again, newfags ruin everything with their autism and ego.
>>
>>54900175
Daily reminder that a newfag owns the site and newfags have changed the rules set by the oldfags
>>
Anon A:
>>54900175
>newfags ruin everything with their autism and ego

Anon B:
>>54900949
>Needless reminder that one of us owns the site and us newfags act like we have changed the rules set by the oldfags

Way to live down to expectations, Anon B.
I couldn't make something sadder up if I tried.
>>
>>54901141
The rules have changed.

Things which are not traditional games like quests no longer belong on the board, despite old moot stating they did.
>>
>>54882747
It's the best sex-themed post apolcalyptic fantasy slice of life comedy webcomic on the market!
>>
>>54888070
Democracy based storytelling has been around since adults realised they could shut a group of children up by telling a story and letting them yell what they wanted to happen next at regular intervals so they felt like they were doing something other than sitting quietly. But quests apparently aren't traditional.

Sex is the oldest and most traditional profession/game, but this is a blue board too.
>>
>>54878951
Thats neat
>>
File: ups!.gif (470KB, 470x193px) Image search: [Google]
ups!.gif
470KB, 470x193px
>>54901253

so why are you still here? :^)
>>
>>54901253
Rules may change.
But dickbags remain the same.

Oglaf may or may not be /tg/, but wish granting dolls and their various origins are.
Now, are you going to participate in the discussion and follow the rules or are you going to be a dickbag?

>>54878951
Not sure how I missed FPBP.
That is, indeed, neat.

It reminds me of a novel where a kid gains fairy sight by looking at a funeral procession through his legs, later researches and discovers that old lore states that is one way to gain it, and much later finds out that it's all a total crock of shite but the king saw him doing it, remembered the silly old human lore, and granted the sight on a whim, with heavy eventual consequences.
>>
>>54885143
Portal to the plane of piss.
>>
>>54901742
>Oglaf may or may not be /tg/, but wish granting dolls and their various origins are.
Questfag logic.

'Quests may not be /tg/ but fantasy stories are!'

Rules are rules. This thread is NOT traditional game content.
>>
>>54903982
Jesus christ why are you antiquestfags so salty and disruptive at all times about all topics?

It's almost like the questfags were correct and you guys didn't actually give a shit about the state of /tg/, and just wanted to bitch constantly forever about anything at all.
>>
>>54904352
The worst part is that quests are /tg/. They're straight up tabletop games. That's why they were allowed on /tg/ for the better part of a decade until a new boss came along who didn't know what /tg/ was.

Like, that is what it took for a /tg/ thing to get kicked out. An entirely new management staff dedicated to putting up terrible ads.
>>
>>54904369
>They're straight up not tabletop games
FTFY
>>
>>54904414
>IRC games now are not /tg/ because you play them digitally
Some of them straight up ran with D&D rules man. But, as
>>54904352
said, you probably know that already and are just bitching to bitch with no end goal other than bitching.
>>
>>54904435
They're nothing like any IRC games I've played, either. Or play-by-post games, for that matter.
>>
>>54904471
That's probably because you've never played any IRC or play by post games, like most people who are here entirely to bitch and nothing else.
>>
>>54904498
Stop lying and I'll stop bitching. Otherwise you can just fuck off and kill yourself already.
>>
It's really weird how much more frequent complaining about the topic of on-topic threads is now that quests are gone.
>>
>>54904536
Says the guy who lied about them not being traditional games and the guy who lied about them not being similar to online games.
Hell, many of them play as a fucking session of everyone's john. Which you also would know about, if your hobby was tabletop games and not bitching forever. Though, what can we expect? Your type communicate entirely through lies, bitching, and stale memes.
>>
>>54904352
Questfag or AntiQuestfag, I find it shockingly stupid how desperate a few anon's are to assert that a discussion regarding the possible origins of a magical wishing doll that over-grants wishes is 100% NOT /tg/.
I mean, they aren't even offering an argument or reason why these dolls aren't /tg/.
It's weird, right?

Personally, like that first post, but I'd like a really sinister and creepy backstory.
Mainly because the design of that doll creeps me slightly.

I'd suggest one. But I just
keep coming up with Not!Chucky.
>>
>>54904554
But they AREN'T traditional games, and they're not at all similar to online games. Are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between watching a game show and playing a video game? Because those two things have about as much in common, as you'd well know if you had any actual experience with anything /tg/ related. Seriously, just fuck off already.
>>
>>54904594
It's just how they do. They pick a thing that's /tg/ and bitch about it forever.
Though I do enjoy the backstory of a magical doll given life by an irresponsible wizard who has powers way outside of what the wizard expected. Just like baby bones.
>>
>>54904624
>Assertation with no evidence based primarily on lies and bitching
>>54904554
>assertation with evidence based on other games that are /tg/ and are played in the same way
>>
>>54904638
I don't know why antiquestfags are so dumb about this.
Even the guys who kicked quests out acknowledge they are traditional games, but that /tg/ isn't for playing games, it's for talking about games.
That's why risk was booted too.
>>
>>54904594
It's less about the doll thing, and more about how it's really obvious that OP just made this thread to post the webcomic. When people do things repeatedly, it forms a pattern, and plausible deniability diminishes.
It's not really that weird for people to recognize this. In fact, it's actually weirder that you would be willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to a complete stranger when that stranger is a repeat offender.

>keep coming up with Not!Chucky.
You'd actually be surprised by just how many "Evil Doll" horror movies there are aside from the Chuckies. They're almost all uniformly shit though.
>>
>>54904638
>evidence
I guess it shouldn't be surprising that you can't comprehend what the word means. No, saying "It's similar to x" is not, in fact, evidence, especially when a closer inspection reveals that it isn't at all similar.
>>
>>54904701
>he doesn't know what everyone is john is
Shit, I guess they were right, you really don't play tabletop.
>>
>>54904700
It's really obvious you don't actually think OP isn't a /tg/ material, and instead are just jonesing for something to complain about.
>>
>>54904709
>he makes up more lies
I do know what it is. I have, however, yet to see a quest that was even remotely similar to how it plays.
>>
>>54904728
Of course you've yet to see a quest that was similar, you've neither played quests nor everyone is john. We've established this.
>>
>>54904728
Then you have yet to see any quests. Literally all of them play like EIJ, but usually less competitive between players and with an end that isn't defined by short term goals.
>>
>>54904369
>They're straight up tabletop games.
Which is why there are exclusively played electronically over an image board and never on table tops, right :^)
>>
>>54904752
>We've established this.
No, what we've established is that you're a lying hypocrite.
>>
>>54904728
Anon, many quests play exactly like everyone is john.
Especially those who go by first post.
>>54904774
Why are you lying?
>>
>>54904769
I have literally played one irl.
>>
>>54904782
>Why are you lying?
I'm not. You are, however.
>>
>>54904769
A tabletop quest is just everyone is john.
>>
>>54904783
>>>/gaiaonline/
>>
>>54904794
Why are you lying?
>>
>>54904805
What part of irl do you not understand? Is it the acronym part, or one of the constituent words?
>>
>>54904812
We've already established that you're the liar here. Do try to keep up.
>>
>>54904831
Don't respond to the newfag fresh off of a guide to 4chan, anon.
They've got to learn to lurk.
>>
>>54904849
But why are you lying?
>>
>>54904863
See >>54904849
>>
>>54904831
freeform rpgs are not games, and therefore do not belong on /tg/ - traditional GAMES
>>
>>54904894
see
>>54904863
>>
>>54904901
But why are you lying?
>>
>>54904896
>freeform
Dig up, anon, dig up!
>>
>>54904896
>freeform role playing games are not games
Man, that is some classic 1984 style doublethink in the most literal of ways.
>>
>>54904700
>it's really obvious that OP just made this thread to post the webcomic.
Irrelevant.
The topic is valid.
The discussion is valid.
Discouraging discussion of a valid topic because you feel you are certain that OP was not invested in the topic makes you a dick, worse yet, an off-topic dick.

This is not court.
Precedents don't matter.
Plausible deniability doesn't matter.
Deal with each thread on a case by case manner.
If the thread had asked "Evil wish doll, wat do?", I would have ignored it.

>it's actually weirder that you would be willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to a complete stranger when that stranger is a repeat offender.
This is an anonymous website bub.
How is he a repeat offender?
Because anons post Oglaf when 90% of Oglaf comics are /tg/ related?

And it's not the benefit of the doubt.
It's the objective assessment of the topic presented and it's relevance to /tg/.

I'm not on anyone's side.
I'm just discussing games and game ideas.
>>
>>54904913
see
>>54904863
recursively
>>
>>54904896
Showing yet more ignorance, I see. Quests used RPG systems. Even the most basic ones used a simple dice roll to determine results, and many used complete systems that included character creation and detailed conflict resolution mechanics.
>>
>>54904724
Calm your tits, son. There's really no reason to think that OP's primary motive wasn't just to post the webcomic, and I was explaining to the guy feigning ignorance why people might take offense.

Now, back to discussing dolls.
>>
>>54904940
Anon, he literally just called something a game then said it wasn't a game.
Like, in the same breath.
I think we can move beyond ignorance to active attempts at misinformation.
>>
>>54904938
See >>54904849
>>
>>54904962
-recursively-
>>
>>54904970
-fractally-
>>
>>54904937
You're really fired up about defending off-topic posts and extending the benefit of the doubt to anyone?
Were you also the guy defending /pol/ stat me threads, or is it because those don't fall in your personal interests you don't rise to defend those?

Look, I'm here to talk about cursed dolls, but regardless of that, OP's motives are obvious and not really commendable. So, let's ignore the comic, let's ignore the quest people, let's ignore this conversation we're having right now, and let's talk dolls.

Did anyone actually see that Anabelle movie?
>>
>>54904700
>You'd actually be surprised by just how many "Evil Doll" horror movies there are
Dollman versus the Satanic Toys.
>>
>>54904940
>Quests used RPG systems.
So when you said you played a quest IRL, you meant you played an RPG?
Did you know RPG discussion is still allowed here?
>>
File: pls.jpg (34KB, 407x400px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
34KB, 407x400px
>>54904369
Quests got their own board because a) there were too many of them, b) because they drew in too many people from other (e.g. anime, ERP) subcultures that didn't always mesh that well with the tabletop subculture. Not because they "aren't /tg/", and c) because a non-negligible percentage of the /tg/ crowd kept asking for their removal.

We done now?
>>
File: this post right here.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
this post right here.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>54904541
>>
>>54905063
>because they drew in too many people from other (e.g. anime

Can you shut the fuck up? You? You personally?
>>
File: 1433463544260.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433463544260.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>54905077
>all tabletop games are inspired by anime
>>
File: hamlet.jpg (10KB, 227x217px) Image search: [Google]
hamlet.jpg
10KB, 227x217px
>Thread about finding possible origins for a magic item becomes discussion about the legality of using comics in /tg/
Oh, so it's one of /those/ days
>>
>>54905033
No, because it was formatted like a quest, with only one PC that the players voted to control. Because that's the only actual difference between a normal RPG and a quest. The ratio of players to characters is different.
>>
>>54905063
All of those are debatable, but in a reasonable way and not an entirely lie-based way like "they're not /tg/". I thank you for that.
>>
>>54905063
There were less than 10 quests a day when /qst/ was made, and your anti-weeb witchhunt is always funny.
>>
>>54905140
So when I'm playing D&D as a druid I'm no longer playing an RPG because the ratio of players to characters is different?
>>
>>54905186
Apparently, if you listen to antiquestfags.
>>
>>54904594
If I run a quest about a magical wishing doll that over-grants wishes, does it magically become /tg/ content?

No? Then fuckoff
>>
>>54882780
Is that why any time there's a thread questfag doesn't like, he feels compelled to post about his lamentation? He doesn't care about "more content" like he says, he just wants free reign to do his shittt animu panty shit on this board again.
>>
>>54905151
>There were less than 10 quests a day when /qst/ was made
HahahahaHAHAHAHAHA. We have an archive to prove your bullshit wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>54905332
Given group mathematics, we can assume the questfags will bitch about quests for at least a decade, as that is how long the antiquestfags bitched about them. Though, that timer keeps going up as long as antiquestfags keep bitching about quests.
>>
>>54905332
>he just wants free reign to do his shittt animu panty shit on this board again.
Fucking this.

We need to get rid of more of that shit.

Like the towergirls threads. It's LITERALLY /v/ content as it was spawned from that cesspit, and also explicitly ERP content.

Giving each towergirl a 'sex power' what the fuck. Get that non-/tg/ shit off the board.
>>
>>54905365
But anon, the archive corroborates his story.
Quests were at a lull during that time, with the high point being some months prior.
>>
>>54905382
Well, you should probably bitch about it for ten years then. Maybe eventually, an old mod will die and be replaced with a newfag who agrees with you.
>>
>>54905373
But what reason do the questfags have to bitch?
They've got an entire board to themselves where they can circlejerk in peace.
Both /tg/ and questfags exist peacefully without harming eachother, except for quuestfag's autistic personal crusade.
>>
>>54905390

Don't confuse him with verifiable facts, he's reliant upon things pulled from his butt.
>>
>>54905408
Most of the real questfags have probably left and actually enjoy having /qst/ to themselves. So the only people bitching here are those who bitch for the sake of bitching and don't care about /tg/ or quests.
>>
>>54905408

What questfag? This started with somebody bitching about quests, and then other people (myself included) called antiquest guy (and friends apparently) on his obvious bullshit.
>>
>>54905408
Why, because questfags were moved to an environment not as good for quests, of course.
Though, even if they didn't have a reason, the social math is clear. There'd be ten years of bitching regardless.
The antiquestfags didn't need a reason, after all. That's why they changed theirs every five minutes.
>>
>>54905441
Analysis indicates most "questfags" were actually just /tg/ players who hopped onto quests they happened to like. Less than 30% of "questfags" actually came here for reasons of primarily quests.
These numbers come from pre and post migration statistics.
>>
>>54905408
Everyone wants to bitch about antiquestfags because antiquestfags have moved on to bitching about every topic on the board.
>>
>>54905459
>he just wants free reign to do his shittt animu panty shit on this board again.
Thats been thrown around but after about a year in it doesn't seem to really be true.

Moving back to /tg/ would be a disadvantage. The threads move to quickly, and quests are better run over many days longer than the average /tg/ thread. The bump limit is much shorter, 300 instead of 750. And there's no ID system to prevent samefagging.

Whatever possible more 'traffic' that might be had simply isn't worth it and there are now definiteively more quests than reasonably can fit on the board.

Ask any actual questfag and going back from /qst/ to /tg/ will be a disaster.

Also can we get back to talking about the magical wish doll
>>
>>54905516

Yeah, even after quests were moved they see "questfags" and double-secret pro-quest threads everywhere like some sort of latter day McCarthyites. It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>54905558
Actually, a popular sentiment on /qst/ think the whole /qst/ thing was a disaster and that the loss of traffic is horrible for the quality and content of quests.
Many miss the days of fast moving well populated quests full of discussion.

Pretty good troll on your part, though. Someone who's uneducated might believe it.
>>
>>54905596
>Gives actual reasons why people would prefer to be on /qst/
>Only retort is "no people don't like it."
Fuck off
>>
>Questfags still salty that no one gives a fuck about quests and they rely on traffic from bored children by being in proximity of actually good content

You literally cannot refute the logic that if /tg/ liked quests so much then why is /qst/ so dead? If people liked quests they would go to the quest board, just like if they like anime they go to /a/, video games they go to /v/, etc.
>>
>>54905737
>The lack of population and discussion really lower the quality of quests
>"no, people don't like it"
That's reaching at best.
>>
>>54905764

The whole argument that quest are some sort of beneficial parasite is ridiculous.

Regardless, you need only go over to /qst/ to see it is doing fine. Multiple 500+ post threads, numerous quests on installment 20, or even 50+.
>>
>>54905764
Well, they can point out that the vast majority of "questfags" were people who didn't really care about quests one way or another, but simply popped into and read ones that interested them.
Makes more sense than complaining about the front page being crowded when the catalog button is right there.
>>
File: beautiful and pure.jpg (26KB, 443x314px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful and pure.jpg
26KB, 443x314px
>>54886587
Well what do you think happened to all of them?
>>
>>54905825
They're doing worse than when they were here.
Which applies to literally all things that are here. Go to any forum dedicated solely to D&D or warhammer. Slow as balls.
Do you people not remember that 4chan achieves the level of activity it does by mashing together numerous somewhat related topics into a pool everyone who likes one of those topics can see?
>>
>>54905801
>The lack of population
A blatant lie, otherwise the quest would literally be dead (which it is not)
>lack of discussion
Where do you think has more discussion.

Threads which are autosaged at 300 posts or threads that go up to 750?

Look at the Quests. Many of them are at least 300 posts, some 900 or even 1000+. How many threads on /tg/ have that number of posts?
>>
>>54905596
>the loss of traffic is horrible for the quality and content of quests.
Wow questfags are delusional.
Everyone knows that boards with less traffic are better. Just try comparing /a/ with /m/ or /pol/ with /po/
>>
>>54905849
Anon, that discussion happens over the period of days or weeks. As opposed to filling up 300 in an hour or two.
>>
>>54905326
You seem to be irrationally triggered by the mention of quests.
Please restrain yourself.

A /tg/ related topic remains /tg/ related, no matter what sort of /qst/ is made from it.

Try breathing for a few moments before returning to the keyboard.
I am not your enemy.
>>
>>54905855
>Goldilock zones don't exist
Wow antiquestfags are delusional.
Everyone knows moderate paced boards are better. Just look at /tg/ compared to /b/ or /po/.
>>
>>54905879
Which is perfect for quests, which enjoy the benefit of being run over days or even weeks where on /tg/ they would be gone in a few hours. Much more convenient to have long threads than continually 'bump' every hour or have 30+ short threads that could easily have been 12 long ones.

QMs dont have to make a new thread everytime they go to bed and wake up, nor worry that it is on autosage.
>>
>>54905764
Because quests are not monolithic, and liking one quest does not mean liking any other quests. Personally, I only ever played in one at a time, and only played ones from specific QMs who don't run anymore.
/qst/ is a board with 150 different topics on it at any one time, give or take a few old threads nearing the end of page 10.
>>
>>54905849
>It's either doing fine or completely dead
>it's impossible for population to simply go down!
>>
>>54905892
So NOW you're actually saying that the lack of discussion is a GOOD thing. You probably should've done that before you demonstrated what an idiot you are.
>>
>>54905899
It actually kind of sucks for a quest thread to be stretched over several days instead of a few hours here and a few hours there.
It massively slows down decision making and moves the medium from being a responsive tabletop like game to a slow play by post type.
>>
>>54905892
Leave it to a questfag to bring up some little girl's "zones".

Why don't we just create and then add /loli/ to /tg/ while we are at it too
>>
>>54905914
So NOW you're actually saying that there is no such thing as a MEDIUM. You should've probably done that before you demonstrated what an idiot you are.
>>
>>54905922
Tbh thats tapping into two styles of quests.

Some like having short sessions with many post in a few hours, others have an update or 2 a day system.

The former is much more rare on /qst/ and more prevalent on /tg/, but the latter has benefitted from /qst/ and you see more of it.
>>
>>54905846

4chan also splits said things into groups, particularly when one thing dominates a board to the detriment of discussion or board size constraints (/vp/ /vg/ /vr/) or is chilling out on a board despite not really being related (/qst/ /aco/, maybe /bant/) .
>>
>>54905922
Depends on the quest.

Its very convenient for players and QM's who have work or responsibilities, or aren't n the same time zone.
>>
>>54905944
The former was much more interesting to me personally. Quests used to be something I would actually participate in live. Now it's just something I check once a day.
>>
>>54905944
Sucks for those who like the tabletop style games, though.
>>54905951
>falling back on "It's not /tg/" lies
Why do antiquestfags do that? Is it so the debate can be over things that can't be proven?
>>
>>54905373
There are other factors that affect the math, but that holds up.

>>54905382
>We need to get rid of more of that shit.
Nah.

>Like the towergirls threads. Get that non-/tg/ shit off the board.
Nah.
Starting witchhunts isn't productive.
As far as I'm concerned, if they can stretch the "/tg/ related" banner to cover it, it remains one thread, and it doesn’t spread degeneracy, it can stay.
It's still better than Babby's 1st Troll Thread sinking to the bottom of the catalog.
>>
>>54905937
No, I'm saying that if you think less discussion is a good thing, you should've said so to begin with instead of some drivel about how more posts per thread(because of autosage, no less) equals more discussion period. Which just goes to show that you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>54905944
I kinda hate that it's play by post now.
I miss my drop in-drop out active sessions.
>>
>>54905987
You are confusing me for another anon, I wasn't the one who was arguing that /qst/ has massive amounts of discussion.
I was arguing it dropped out of the goldilocks zone from active thread to week long one post an hour drawls.
>>
>>54906020
Oh, sorry. I seem to have confused the reply chain.
>>
>>54905990
>>54905975
>>54905974
I don't disagree with you. But I also think the heyday of the fast paced quests are gone, even before /qst/ or china-moot.

The real time for those kind of threads were 2012 era like Ruby Quest or Nazi's in Fantasyland civquest. You didn't see many of those types of quest even up until /qst/ was created.
>>
>>54906041
It happens, no worries.
>>
>>54905596
>Actually, a popular sentiment on /qst/ think the whole /qst/ thing was a disaster and that the loss of traffic is horrible for the quality and content of quests.
Coincidentally, I have a retardedly simple solution to this "devastating" problem.
I plan to implement it next week, so we'll see how it goes.
>>
>>54906044
I think you're getting your timeline wrong, ruby quest happened way before that.
And while the number of quests was diminishing before /qst/ was made, the ones that did exist were still pretty dang speedy. Especially the popular ones.
I'm kind of upset that larro quests have gone from many posts within like three hours to a couple posts over the course of two days.
>>
>>54905835
Refined into their base molecules?
>>
>>54906044
Ruby quest was 2008.
>>
>>54906055
Is it a tiny amount of advertisement, or a discussion thread outside of /qst/?
Those are the retard-simplest solutions I can think of.
>>
>>54906077
/qst/ was better for the first few months when it was optional. A few /the/ quests moved, bringing the total number on /tg/ from low to comically low, and the whiners were getting actively deleted. If it had just stayed that way, things would have been fine for everyone.
>>
>>54906092
The two combined.
I expect the anons raging against this thread to come out in full force, for no raisins.
>>
>>54906152
Yeah, I gotta say, that would work if not for the people raging about the thread.
As it stands, I'd estimate you have a 20% chance of it not being torpedoed by antiquestfag spam. Less if the mods decide that /tg/ is for discussion about games, but not quest games.
>>
>>54906129
I agree.
I was just discussing reducing women into their molecular compounds, but nonetheless, I agree.
>>
>>54905975
>triggered by the thought that quests might not be /tg/ material

I don't really care about your triggers so I'm going to lay this out pretty clear for you questfags.

Quests are not /tg/ and it's relatively simple to explain.

/tg/ is for the discussion of traditional games, that being "Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!". You'll notice we don't actually play said games, like DND, on /tg/ via posts either even though it would be very easy. That's because /tg/ is for talking about the games, the rules, mechanics, changes, etc.

Quests are not discussion about traditional games. Quests are not discussion. Quests are a forum game akin to a creative writing exercise where one person writes a lot with prompts from the audience.

Forum game =/= discussion of traditional games.

Therefore:

quests =/= /tg/

You can take your sniveling excuses and... well... I guess just keep bringing it up in almost every single thread like you have been since you were rightfully removed this board.

I conclude by asking once again that the Mods start banning the flamewar starting questfags who keep doing this and will never stop unless they get punished.
>>
>>54906190
Yes, I know you wish to lie about quests not being /tg/. Possibly in an attempt to torpedo your own position.
Thankfully, at least some of you are truthful like
>>54905063
>>
>>54906190
Actually, the start of this flamewar was an antiquestfag, as seen here
>>54881797
For some reason, it's always an antiquestfag. Every single time. Why do you guys keep starting flamewars?
>>
>>54906190
Then why does /tg/ have a dice function, why are CYOAs allowed, and why are anti-questfags the most vehement and loud arguers around?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>54906171
>As it stands, I'd estimate you have a 20% chance of it not being torpedoed by antiquestfag spam. Less if the mods decide that /tg/ is for discussion about games, but not quest games.
It's all about the artistry and subtlety.
"Tricks of the Trade me boyo, tricks of the trade!"
>>
>>54906190
Why do you claim questfags start this shit when in this very thread, it was antiquestfags?
Is there no stance you take that is legitimate and not based on lies?
>>
>>54906233
Remnants of old Moot who said quests belong on /tg/.
>>
>>54906254
Poor oldmoot, dead before his time.
>>
>>54906254
So why is "oldmoot said it" the reason for certain games and game functions being allowed, but not others?
>>
>>54906287
Because new moot has new rules
>>
>>54906233
>why are CYOAs allowed
Are they, actually, and is there an actual difference between them and other kinds of quest threads?

Genuine question. I always figured they weren't allowed and simply went under the radar once in a while because people didn't have any fucks to spare/mods were asleep/whatever.
>>
>this thread
Okay, I'm calling it: Exterminatus.
Farewell gentlemen, it's been an honor attempting discourse with.
>>
>>54887817
Jawohl mein Fuhrer
>>
>>54906642
CYOAs are more of a kit for playing a game than actually playing the game.
>>
>>54906642
They're not quests, they're weird, and are classified under "inspiration".
Also, one lone thread is easily ignored...
(cue ominous music intended to instill fear)
>>
>>54906642
CYOAs and quests have literally nothing in common other than some people hating them unconditionally.
A CYOA is strictly solitaire. You look at what the image has, make some decisions, and that's it. Anything beyond that is pure extrapolation.
Quests are ongoing and need one person to run it and everyone else to play it in real time with an ongoing narrative decided by player choice and dice-based resolution mechanics.
>>
>>54906129
>>54906181

Cry about it fags. Just proves quests shouldn't be allowed to exist at all.
>>
>>54907519
All it proves is that they should never have stopped banning you.
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.