[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picking a commander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Black-Green_mana.png (21KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Green_mana.png
21KB, 216x216px
/tg/, I have a dilemma.
I really like BG. Love my Meren precon deck, first deck I ever made was a BG mishmash. I love graveyard mechanics, tokens, and things being complicated.

I'm trying to make a new deck, but I can't decide on which I want.

I thought of using Hapatra, vizier of Poisons so I could do -1/-1 shenanigans, because I felt like knowing where and when to place tokens made the deck more interactive with other players, rather than just making my own deck bigger and playing my own cards rather than against my opponents.

I also really like Sidisi, Brood tyrant, because I have access to blue and I can do shenannigans with what that entails (I want to make Prophet of Kruphix work), and I can use things like gitrog monster and ramunap excavator to play around with all the extra land I'll have in grave.

Ghave, Guru of Spores is appealing too, because white means more tokens and more counters, but I feel like that might just be "Make tokens, do smash" and not be as fun to play as or against.

Basically, I love Golgari but want to add something more to it to make it more interesting.

What do you suggest?
Other anons post deck ideas and we rate them.
>>
>>54877814

With Sidisi and access to blue, I can afford to run discard mechanics and compensate with Damia, Sage of stone, or even run artifacts and use Glissa, the traitor to pull them to hand. Basically, she lets me turn my deck into my graveyard, which becomes a library that I can pluck what I want out of at any time. I'd get to use mechanics people don't usually see, like Emerge, and I can use cards like Meren of Clan Nel Toth to pull more resources out of the grave.
>>
>>54877912

And I suppose with a Sultai deck I could run the standard golgari Hapatra strategy in it so that I have the best of both worlds.
>>
Meren is fucking boring my nigga

Play Shattergang
>>
>>54877814
>that might just be "Make tokens, do smash"
You have never seen a proper Ghave deck. He is a combo machine.
>>
>>54878412

Are the combos not just to make more, bigger tokens? Sure there are the +1/+1 counters, but again, just making tokens bigger.
>>
>>54878484
Some of them are, but one of them that's very hard to stop is Ashnod's, Ghave and Geralf's Messenger to machine gun the table to death
>>
>>54877814
Savra, black tokens and/or graveyard shenanigans plus a sacrifice outlet maybe? Who doesn't love throwing away the lives of their own men?
>>
>>54877814
play red like a real man
>>
>>54877814
Hapatra is fun as hell and can helm anything from a hardcore control/stax deck to a 0-interaction token spam deck.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.