[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Slivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1415018915248.jpg (39KB, 636x467px) Image search: [Google]
1415018915248.jpg
39KB, 636x467px
Idk if this is like, way to old of an event to bring up. But the humanoid forms of the slivers and the way their work is sorta interesting despit eit changing the fundemental things that make a sliver a sliver.

With these changes, and them becoming more human like, is there the possibility a sliver could potentially become a planeswalker?

Are slivers evolving to become Sapient?
>>
>>54870624
T H I C C
>>
File: Image.jpg (16KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
16KB, 223x310px
Sliver hive mind Op, slivers would have to evolve individuality before being able to become that saucy.
>>
>>54872420
And as of yet they are still just intelligent animals?
>>
>>54872880
They have a brood mother who thinks for them estentially.
>>
File: spinneretsliver.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
spinneretsliver.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
>>54870624
>despite it changing the fundemental things that make a sliver a sliver

Anyone who believed Slivers, the fucking mutation race, should've kept the same body type for eternity was and is clinically retarded.

Moreover, it's been forshadowed since Time Spiral. Slivers are going to be the apex predator of the plane they're on, and Magic's race's are overwhelmingly humanoid. There was nothing but nostalgia binding adult Slivers to the scythe snek form, when they should have been the most varied looking race short of changelings, but a diet of humanoids would achieve that soft lock.

>humanoid isn't a benefit
Slivers can't pick and choose their mutations any more than any other race, see Plague Sliver. It's a dice roll that favors diet.

>is there the possibility a sliver could potentially become a planeswalker?
Through spark theft, possibly.

>Are slivers evolving to become Sapient?
The Hive probably is, but Wizards may be unwilling to push Slivers hard for a long time, given the controversy NuSlivers caused.
>>
>>54874113
I understand what you're saying, and I agree with it to an extent, but I don't think it's just nostalgia that's pushing it.

They're very creepy and threatening as-is, and they have a unique design that, while reminiscent of the Alien Xenomorphs, is pretty unique both in general and with regard to other magic creatures.

Sentinel Sliver is much less threatening than Sinew Sliver.
>>
>>54874353
Then you're in luck! The slivers from M14 were an offshoot branch of the hivemind. The scythe slivers still exist.
Regardless of that, there's no reason for people to go fucking mental except nostalgia because the only slivers we'd ever had pre-M14 were the scythe kind.
It's pure grognard retard rage.
>>
>>54874113
>NuSliver controversy

Can you elaborate from that? I've been away from MTG for a long time and just got back.
>>
File: slivers.jpg (439KB, 1126x620px) Image search: [Google]
slivers.jpg
439KB, 1126x620px
>>54874739
Slivers used to look like the one on the left. They looked sleek, alien, and cool. Then in M14, WotC made a completely new creature type, designed to look more "relatable" (humanoid) than slivers, such as the pic on the right. They scrapped it at the last second and just recycled them as nu-slivers. A lot of people were upset, partially because of nostalgia, but mostly because nu-slivers looked stupid as shit. WotC took note of the backlash and reverted to more classic-looking slivers in M15.
>>
>>54874892
I like the idea that they become more human over time as they consume more humans.
>>
File: Image.png (142KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
142KB, 223x311px
>>54874892
You could say nostalgia.
But it does t help that they look like predator knick offs

Maybe if they had a better design, of at least it look like they were evolving into it instead of some day looking nothing like a sliver.

Also, it remove a little bit of flavor buffing the "sliver tribe" ability
>>
>>54870624
Those this cards give thicc to all your slivers?
>>
>>54870624
>Curvy hip female looking sliver

I'm a big Sliver fan and this makes me feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>54875130

The idea is that WOTC had a bunch of unused artwork and then made a terrible decision.
>>
File: IMG_2932.jpg (66KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2932.jpg
66KB, 318x450px
>>54874892
But some M15 Slivers have humanoid bodies.

In fact the one in OP's picture Diffusion Sliver is from the M15 series
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.