[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite card shield /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (5KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 251x201px
I’ve been running Dragon Shield sleeves for quite a bit but can’t stand how they stick together all the time. Also I am about to build my first EDH deck and if I use dragon shields for 100 cards the deck is gonna be thick as hell. I’ve been thinking about trying the Pro-Matte Eclipse shields or possibly the KMC shields. Anyway which does /tg/ prefer?
>>
current KMC sleeves seems to have a splitting issue.

The new hotness seems to be the eclipse.
>>
>>54869862
KMC quality went down the tubes in the past year or so, I'd steer clear.

Dragon Shield mattes hold up great and don't stick like the glossy ones do.

Can't speak to Eclipse, but if they're any good, it would be the first decent product Ultra Pro ever put out, so...
>>
Never playing
>>
I've been using ultrapro's for years. I like them but I don't really like the small colour range.

I found some sleeves, I have no idea what brand they are, but the window side has that holographic thing going on in the shape of triangles. I wish I knew what brand they were and where I could get some because they are so bad they are good.
>>
>>54869862
Dragon shield mattes are some of the finest sleeves I've had the pleasure to play with. The regular ones are still great, but the mattes are GOAT of GOATs tier.

>>54870012
Tried the Eclipse sleeves at the HOU pre-release. They shuffle well and didn't instantly break open to a stiff breeze. Can't say how well they'd hold up across weeks or months of constant tournament play, but for the price they're fine.
>>
Eclipses all day every day. That's all I've used since KMC got sold and the new owners cut quality to try and save money. The only downside is the front is kind of matte and hides foils.
>>
I own an edh deck with the ultra pros
>good shuffle feel
>no splits (3 months playing twice a week)
>no sticking
>even cut
>feel good on the table

As a con however, the front face is matte and therefore dims your cards a bit. My deck is mostly foils and some are easy to miss because of the matted front

A friend of mine got dragon shields for his edh decl, it's only been 2 weeks

>great shuffle feel
>front of card is not matte, foils look great
>packs of 100
>no splits
>feel good on table

As a con, these sleeves are THICK and you can feel it. I don't mind it, bit his deck is noticeably larger than mine despite both being 99 cards
Ultimately I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but I will probably switch to dragon shields for my foiled decks
>>
>>54869862
I don't use sleeves
>>
I got a 750 cube in all ultrapro matte black. I've played it since 2013 and only ever have a few splits the texture and edges are wearing, I will be replacing them with matte dragonshields they are pretty great.
I really want to double sleeve them but the size would be unmanageable and I wouldn't be able to transport the cube.
I have a mix of old draginshields. new draginshields and custom art China shit on my EDH decks.

I really want something better for my cube, I have a lot of folks and promos and I would like them to look good. I would like some suggestions.

are the eclipse really good? I bought two packs but they are in my trunk in 100° heat and humidity. I kind of don't want to dig for them...its been a few weeks since I put them there.
>>
Dragon Shield Matte.
I fucking hate the eclipse sleeves.
>>
>>54870282
>>54875119

Bullshit. I started with Ultra Pro mattes when I got back into Magic circa 2011, and I had splits in my cards less than a month later. Kept happening until I finally gave up and went to KMC.
>>
i run dragon shield matte. they're great. i don't have a problem with stickyness - maybe you're using glossy?
>>54875540
I too don't get the ulra pro hate.. but then again i've only used my pair for like 8 drafts over a year.
>>
>>54870033
Works great
>>
>>54875892
Spotty quality control?
Several of my ultra pros literally came apart the first time i shuffled the deck.
>>
>>54869862
DS Mattes by far. UP Eclipses are decent but nowhere near as durable.
>>
>>54875540
>>54878704

I'm not saying they are good that's why I'm spending the money to sleeve up 1300 cards so with dragonshields. I only draft my cube during holidays when I get all my trusted pals together. that's like 15 times since 2013. it involves a lot of shuffling and I have had splits, just not many.

it's actually a toss up between eclipse and dragonshields depending how I like the eclipse. I just want my foils to shine trough.
>>
>>54875119
What are you currently using to transport the cube, if I can ask?
>>
>>54870033
/thread
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.