[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airship Junker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

The party are hunting an artifact that was eaten by a skywhale. As such they need an airship to chase after it.

I plan on doing the very overused troupe of . Wow look at this amazing ship you guys booked. What, its not that one? Its the one held together with oldrope and nails? Ork construction!

So the question is what's the better fake out.
>Your ship is parked next to amazing ship
Or
>you where holding the dock number upside down.

Also extra points to be Had .Have you had an air adventure, what sort of stuff did you encounter? How it go?
>>
The guy in charge of the docks had the number upside down, so he docked a different ship. You were supposed to have an amazing ship, it's just that old eyes don't exactly work 100%
>>
>>54869578
Nice. So its an NPC fault rather then a pc or just a joke
>>
I'd go with, after they get the journey underway, they find out the ship just looks like crap, and otherwise is perfectly functional and has a veteran crew.
>>
>>54869729
The ship is going to be powered by balloons and a very long limbed and tired looking guy using a pedel helicopter system.
>>
>>54869869
>"Absolutely green, no fossil fuels, runs on water and plant matter!"

>there's an old horse on a treadmill in the back
>>
>>54869525
Guns of Icarus inspired?
>>
>>54870027
Na. Never even heard of it before. I was just brainstorming ideas for an adventure . I don't like open world I prefer a set path. This one is

> Go to airport city
>hobnob with high class
>Get into lower class part of town
>head to docks get on ship junket
>spend some time in the sky calm fishing
>storm dragon hunting harpys
>oooo shiiiitttt
>pirates
>catch up to skywhales
>artifact has turned one whale into a dungon.
>Pirates have already landed on said skywhale dungon
>race to find the artifact inside living dungon .

Then the dungon setting. The artifact had summoned somesort of theme that I need to mix in. Not sure what yet.
>>
>>54870233
Huh, interesting. We've gone about it in different ways, but I too thought of a skyship setting that involved something being turned into a dragon by an artifact.
Though in my case it was the decorative ancient dragon ivory coated flagship of the royal family, and the artifact was the still beating heart of a dead dragon.

Though the rest of that setting was hard victorian themed, and colonialism was on the menu something fierce.
Some other ideas that may inspire you.
>Accidentally waft through a sky jellyfish plume.
>Out of fuel, need to land and find substitute, local wildlife attacks
>Cobbled together floating city made of old hulking sky ships strapped together acts as a black market which transcends boarders. Its crime families' power comes from their control of the cloud vapor collectors and as a result the fresh water supply.
>Planet is discovered to have been a toroid all along during daunting sky race to the pole.
>Nottomon empire has reached peak jinn, their skypower has been on the decline ever since. With no new jinn to bind to their ships they've been getting anxious about the sultanate's hold on power.
>Oh hey the flying east india company is up to some sketchy shit
>>
>>54869992
>the horse is colored green
>>
>>54871184
Cos it looks sickly
>>
File: dastardly-and-muttley.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
dastardly-and-muttley.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
>>54869525
When they said the ship was beyond state of the art, what they really meant was that it's a prototype that was never meant to carry people.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.