[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets make an Archipelago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

I'm writing up a game for exploring an infinite series of islands. A sort of Wind Waker RPG or Porco Rosso but with ships (or airplanes, the vehicle generation is pretty loose). Part of it is a system to generate maps of islands on grid paper and systems for handling wind, navigation by stars, and the creation of pirates, storms and sea monsters.

However, the system is effectively neutral because none of the things are given a definite form. Islands are just empty things you have to fill, pirates could be anything from traditional to angry fish men riding giant eels, and sea monsters are any big dangerous thing, from serpent to Kraken to sentient and angry whirlpool. I was gonna create an example archipelago myself but then I wondered what a /tg/ created one would look like.

So here is a map, generated via the system and paint.net. Blue is ocean, light brown are islands, Light blue stars are the major stars of the area (if you were to stand directly under one of them, the star would be straight up in the sky), and the purple areas are "Dangerous Seas" where sea monsters and storms spawn. The red lines are the patrols of pirates and the red squares are their bases. They can go beyond those points, but those lines act like spider web threads, catching people who get close.

There are 27 islands to fill, 5 stars to name, 9 sea monsters to create, and two bands of pirates along with their headquarters. Post with whatever you want to create (like "Island 7" or "Sea monster 3" or "pirate group 1"). First come first serve.
>>
Isolda (island 13) is the empire capital.
They've actually performed pretty well in conquering most of the world, but as is hard to press power over all islands, they mostly reclaim from their allies the privilege over the land in case the empire needs it for anything.(all land belongs to the emperor).
This islands make all the official technology, for military, public confort and transportation and agricultural progress, which is later hacked for any other purposes in other islands.
>>
>>54865819
7 looks more like a slightly elevated circle of sand and dirt, containing a deep-looking freshwater lake, it's filled with lively fishes different from those of the sea, there are frogs and stuff on its edges, there's bushes of reeds and all, maybe even a few mangrove type trees. In the middle of the lake, there's an island, on the island, a pond. In the middle of the very small pond that's not even ankle deep there is a sword embedded in a small rock. The sword looks like a good quality one, and while it looks old, it looks like it could still be used. It's clear there used to be encrusted jewels. Pulling on the sword doesn't make it come out of the rock, the rock comes with the sword. When pulled, the sound of water flowing ceases to be heard.
If the PCs come back later, they'll notice the pond has stopped outflowing into the lake, and the lake into the sea. Nearly everything inside the lake is dead. There are dead fishes and dead plants floating at the surface. Under the water, the only last living thing is scruffy dirty looking green algae strands. It seems to thrive in this environment. It'd of course try to grab at the PCs.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.