[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World of Warcraft Tabletop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: World-Of-Warcraft-Logo2.jpg (476KB, 2827x1608px) Image search: [Google]
World-Of-Warcraft-Logo2.jpg
476KB, 2827x1608px
Personal opinions aside, why haven't they attempted breaking into the tabletop market? I feel like they would make a killing. A wargame would have difficulty competing with GW but a TRPG would probably sell well. The setting is unique enough, I think. I haven't played WoW in forever, but I was just thinking the other day about how they could get into the tabletop hobby.
>>
>>54857980
There was a Warcraft RPG back in the day, and a WoW TCG.
>>
>>54858515
They re-used like 90% of the TCG art when they made Hearthstone.
>>
>>54857980
They've tried several times already.

>>54858515
And a miniatures game.
>>
>>54858515
>>54858619
There actually was a Warcraft RPG and a World of Warcraft RPG, both D20-based. Turns out you can't shove D20 into everything and your target audience doesn't need a tabletop version when they can play MMO.
>>
>>54858545
The TCG was too good to be cancelled and have all its art shoved into a way worse game.
>>
>>54857980
>>54858515
I'm not sure how you managed not to know this.
>>
>>54857980
There were two games already OP. One for Warcraft, and one for WoW. I think both had a few expansions, too. You can find the PDFs easy.
>>
Probably because it would undermine their own story telling ability.

>>54859403
And with the cards it killed the main reason I had for buying the collectors editions of WoW, I want some nice physical tat, not digital shit for games I don't even play, fuck your brand synergy.
>>
>>54858619
>And a miniatures game.
For real? I knew about the D20 and CCGs but they tried a miniatures game too? I'm assuming it wasn't a wargame, that'd be too ironic.
>>
>>54857980
I kind of want a TTRPG set in the Gadgetzan from Hearthstone. That was actually really cool.
>>
OP here, I was aware of the TCG but not if the TRPG. Those miniatures seem to be from what looks like a boardgame, and I figured there were plenty of those. The main thing I was surprised about was they never made an actual wargame. I feel like WoW could make for a good skirmish game, doing quests and shit.
>>
>>54861752
It didn't last long. It was a collectible minis game where players either fought each other with bands of heroes, or some co-op modes. They had planned to release an Onyxia raid set before it was canceled.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.