[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think of adventurers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: M+B.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
M+B.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
Do you like adventurers to be celebrities? Inspiring madmen who throw around stupid amounts of cash, do a dangerous job for gold and glory, and warrant respect for their contribution to society?

Or do you like adventurers being rough, dirty, nasty men who nobody likes because they wander about killing things for a living? Short lived brutish fellows who can snap at a moment's notice and carve their way through a village because a little boy stole picked their pocket for a few silver. The kind of people that you deal with only because you have to and stay away from the bars that they frequent.

Would you be happy to hear that your daughter has fallen for an adventurer? Or disappointed and scared?
>>
>>54857432
Generally I figure most settings would have people who viewed them as both.
>>
>>54857432
Adventurers in my games are usually mercenaries too idiosyncratic and dysfunctional to join even large, well organized mercenary bands. They're generally the bottom rung of society, and the successful ones quickly attach themselves to actual organizations with respectability.
>>
Bands of mercenaries.
>>
>>54857432
I have adventurers as a set occupation in my setting due to their employment by the Adventurers Guild. They typically take contracts from all sorts of folk, from the commoners to local governments, but adventurers also do work at the behest of the Cartographer's Guild, the Archeologists Guild, and the Mage Guild.

Adventurers work as a transnational organization to expand the boundaries of the human frontier, seek out ancient knowledge held in the perilous places, and work for the protection of the people wherever they roam. Adventurers in my game are *not* mercenaries, as they do not fight in armed conflict between nations for commercial purposes and are forbidden to do so while employed by the Adventurers Guild.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.