[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chugga chugga woo woo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dungeons-and-dragons-1983_L25.jpg (69KB, 626x480px) Image search: [Google]
dungeons-and-dragons-1983_L25.jpg
69KB, 626x480px
> Why not literally put the party on rails and turn the dungeon into a rollercoaster that they do fights, NPC interactions, and skill challenges from as it takes them through a spooky mansion, old mine, or some kind of space mountain?

>Why not make those dungeons also be dragons?

My question is, as the party rides the tracks from the tip of the tail through the dungeon to the base of the dragon's neck for the final encounter, should they be riding a different contrived mechanism each time (a mine cart, a steam boat, an elevator) or should I give them a special dragon-riding cart that they can pool resources together to upgrade?

Should I play the rest of the world straight around the theme-lands emanating from these dragon-dungeons or should I lean into it and make shopkeepers be souvenir vendors and make pretzels cost 10 dollars?

The key of course is to get player buy in to the premise ahead of time so that they don't try jumping off the ride.
>>
>>54856300
If you're gonna do dumb-fun, just go full on dumb-fun.

I think something like this could hold my attention for one session, but not really any more than that. Definitely make the cart upgrade-able.
>>
>>54856423

My thought was to have one dragon-dungeon per theme land and have more ordinary style quests and encounters in each land/chapter of the game leading up to the dragon-dungeon denouement. That might help with the burnout factor.
>>
What you want to do is design it like a mini campaign.
Make it worth their time exploring this "attraction", a really bug juicy steak of a reward like key quest info or a really powerful mcguffin, but much like Horrorland from Goosebumps or Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, make the experience a hell of a lot more than what they bargained for.

Really mind-fuck them. Force them to take risks, split up, subject them to their greatest personal challenges, bring them some juicy character development and team building team work.

If you are going to do this go all in.
>>
>>54858711

Maybe the main game doesn't use adventury stats and is a system more suited towards investigation and so on, and they have to find the items and knowledge in the theme land that will power up their Dragonrider forms when they do the dungeon at the end?
>>
File: The_Magic_School_Bus.png (424KB, 1600x855px) Image search: [Google]
The_Magic_School_Bus.png
424KB, 1600x855px
>>54856300
>>
>>54859096

Do you think it would work better with the Dragons as pocket dimensions accessed through Frizzle-ian magics or should they just be that big?
>>
>>54860523
The dragons are big but not that big, and the bus shrinks to an appropriate size.

Miss Frizzle is also a dragon, and for some reason thinks this is the best way to teach young humans about magic.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.