[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALL I WANT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 36c59d119b398938858e8230d434ed2f.jpg (200KB, 1024x1465px) Image search: [Google]
36c59d119b398938858e8230d434ed2f.jpg
200KB, 1024x1465px
Is to play as my grandmother+ability to conjure spirits.

IS IT REALLY SO HARD!?

Oh...yeah.... thread

So what's the best rule-set, setting and class for this? What am I questing for(medicine for granddaughter/ancient recipe/place to bury beloved husband)?

Also post magical grandmas.
>>
>>54854102
It's always funny when someone makes a thread about "I want to play X, what system is best for that".
>>
>>54854102
Not sure why we should be the ones to choose your character's goals or setting, but system-wise Fantasy Craft is an easy pick. You'll be able to put your ability scores where you want to reflect her age, choose origins that reflect her experience and mysticism, and pick one or more classes that give you conjuring abilities and whatever else you want your concept to include.

Do you want to go full spellcaster or focus on conjuring spirits and multiclass? Do you want her to be a stereotypical swamp witch with all sorts of potions and philters? Do you want her to intimidate her enemies into submission or blast them with magic or have an animal companion that does the fighting for her or secretly be a master fencer or spend most turns telling others in the party what to do?

Give me some actual constraints to work with, OP.
>>
>>54854918
Haven't decided yet,
but if I have to narrow it down :
It's a stereotypical village wise women with minor spells (nothing fancy), and a few curses.
A bad hip, long nose, long gray hair, teeth holding by sake of persistence alone.

Really thought people would like to think of a model themselves.
But the story I thought of was that her granddaughter who used to arrive weekly hasn't come for 5 weeks. So she sent the crows out to see what's going on; and it turns out villages are left completely desolate over 10 miles around her hut.
>>
File: 1451845903399.gif (875KB, 178x195px)
1451845903399.gif
875KB, 178x195px
>>>54854102
>All I want is to play as my grandmother
>>
File: D1.png (38KB, 128x128px)
D1.png
38KB, 128x128px
iron claw - with magic splat book. Whole class based on getting sprits to do what you want
>>
File: 1466293172329.jpg (69KB, 620x800px)
1466293172329.jpg
69KB, 620x800px
>>54854102
Symbaroum has magical witch grandmas who can conjure spirits.

They get Corruption though...
>>
>>54855086
The thing is there are so many character-building options that I could make three totally different builds based on your criteria and you might not like any of them. That's why I prefer more rigid requests. So here's one possibility among many.

Race: Human
Talent: Either Gifted (more skills) or Savvy (more wisdom, knowledge and a free hint per session)
Specialty: Cultist (counts as +2 Chance feats, free Alignment, ignore 1st grade of shaken/fatigued per scene, +4 save DC on stress you inflict)
Class: Priest 3
Devout: When you fail an attack check with your ritual weapon or a skill check with a Priest class skill and don’t suffer an error, you may spend an action die to re-roll the check.
Signs & Portents I: 3 times per adventure you may request a free hint from the GM as a 1-minute action. If he refuses, you gain 1 bonus action die.
Paths: 2 steps.

Feats: Black Cat (specialty), Blessed (lvl 1), The Gift (lvl 3), Fortunate (path of Curses), Animal Partner (path of Beasts)
Black Cat: Once per character per scene, as a free action, you may raise the target’s error ranges by 2 for the rest of the scene. You may use this ability a number of times per session equal to the number of Chance feats you have (4).
Fortunate: At the beginning of each session you gain a number of bonus d4 action dice equal to the number of Chance feats you have (4).
The Gift: You know a number of Level-0 spells equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum 2), that you can cast 3 times per scene. (Stuff like endure elements, dancing lights, orient self or whispers may be a good fit, or touch of light for healing.)

Paths: Beasts, Curses, Wilderness (depends on your campaign, but I'm often very lenient with what paths my priests can take)
Path of Curses II (priest): You gain the Black Cat feat (replaced with Fortunate). You may cast Blindness/Deafness and Ray of Enfeeblement once per scene.
Path of Beasts I (Blessed): You gain the Animal Partner feat (swarm of crows?).

(cont.)
>>
>>54856244
Sounds decent
>>
>>54856244
This build focuses pretty heavily on the mysticism side with a few curses, a few hints per session and/or per adventure, and several bonus action dice (moreso if your hints are refused). We're taking care of the swamp witch aesthetic and getting you an animal partner, but we could have gone a very different direction with the feats. The spirit conjuring aspect is completely absent as that is more easily obtainable through a Mage using either Animate Dead or Call from Beyond depending on how you want to fluff it and I didn't want to look into a multiclass build at such early levels.

For a higher-level character, branching into Alchemist at level 5 would be great because it adds potion brewing to your concept while letting you gain casting levels to expand your spell options and add more hex-like effects to your arsenal instead of relying on the path of Curses.

Either way I didn't really give it any combat options but depending on your animal partner and skill choices there are ways she could still be useful (presumably maxing Intimidate to Threaten using your high Wisdom and the Cultist's stress DC bonus).
>>
Summoning in general is hard to make "not completely broken".

I had a similar character, but who played as a druid. The "conjuring spirits" was just reflavored to have animal spirits fight for her while she became incorporeal.
>>
>>54856535
I need the ability to summon my dead husband...
that would be dope, bet I can get lots of role playing with that.
>>
>>54856995
FC guy here. Forego the Blessed feat and choose Personal Lieutenant instead. You can make pretty much any kind of GM-approved NPC as a companion standard NPC. The more Style feats you have, the more powerful he is, and he otherwise becomes more powerful as you gain levels. As a Priest you can get extra Style feats every 4th level.

You could fluff the hints you get as a Priest as him going out into the spirit world to try and fetch your answers.
>>
>>54857138
Nice
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.