[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there holy cities in your settings? What's the significance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1390.jpg (70KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1390.jpg
70KB, 620x350px
Are there holy cities in your settings? What's the significance?
>>
A holy city usually denotes nothing more than a place that's materially significant to a theocratic power. Sanctity is just an arbitrary justification of exercising power.
>>
>>54852981
This may be true for out world, but things get different in setting where gods actually exist.
>>
File: 1497317712262.jpg (1MB, 796x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497317712262.jpg
1MB, 796x1024px
>>54853017
Gods in most fantasy settings are little more than a bunch of ethereal dick wizards stuck throwing blue bolts of magic at murderhobos DM feels like smiting for derailing his magical realm. Puny gods != God, memesters please go.
>>
>>54852981
A holy city is sacred ground with a deep connection to a faith.

>Jerusalem which G-d instructed David to built
>Medina where Mohammed (pbuh) fled
>Mecca, home of the Kaaba which Abraham (pbuh) constructed and Mohammed liberated from the idolaters
>Varanasi, founded by Maha-Deva Lord Shiva after his victorious battle with Lord Brahma. Also where the remaining Pandava brothers atoned for killing their brother and more than a few Brahmins
>>
>>54852924
Just came in to say Amritzar was amazing
>>
>>54852981
Keep tipping that fedora
>>
>>54852924
Two that are outright said to be the holy cities of the faith
One is part of the Capital city of the High elves on their continent.
The second is the Captial city of the first human kingdom to join the faith and the Theocratic center of the faith on the central Continent.
They both have a special connection both spiritually and in terms of actual power to the Gods.
>>
>>54854543
Are there pilgrims and shrines?
>>
>>54853183
>hurrrrrrrr G-d
>derpadooo pbuh
neck yourself savage
>>
>>54853183
Thank you for providing examples of the kind of post-hoc justifications I was talking about.
>>
>>54854931
I don't understand
>>54855147
Not post hoc
>>
>>54854885
Yeah the cities are full of shrines temples and several cathedrals including a grand cathedral to the Gods.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.