[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 593
Thread images: 85

File: yolo noisebro.jpg (632KB, 1224x800px) Image search: [Google]
yolo noisebro.jpg
632KB, 1224x800px
Chaos and GK Codices are OUT

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8 [Embed] [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing Chaos' work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: KZRS3zQ.jpg (122KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
KZRS3zQ.jpg
122KB, 2400x1800px
1ST FOR TEKARN
>>
TITANICUS REVEAL SOON!
>>
File: 1502597145377.jpg (131KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
1502597145377.jpg
131KB, 650x822px
Posting Black Legion spoilers from previous thread

>Sigismund parks the Black Templars in front of the Eye of Terror because he wants someone to come and end his misery and guilt
>Sigismund is sick of leading the Black Templars and plans to get them all killed in a suicidal attack during the Black Crusade as his final act of atonement
>Abaddon intentionally bred his Black Legionnaires to be backstabbing opportunists so at least one of them will have the ambition to carry on the Black Crusades
>Abaddon remembers the name of every soldier under his command by heart and only fights the Imperium to avenge the fallen and to ultimately avenge Horus
>Abaddon allows the Black Templars to survive because his next 13 Crusades were all prophesied and he knew the BT would be completely useless with Sigismund dead
>>
>>54850903
I hope its successful enough to stick around for the othe races to be added.
heresy era human vs human only is so boring.
>>
>40k fiction is fucking dreadful

Wow, if only we already had decades of evidence to know this.
>>
>>54850905
Is it pronounced "Ahbadd-on" or "Abba-don"
>>
This is the list I played for the campaign tonight.

Yarrick
C Commander

44 Conscripts
Scions 2 Plasma x2
Taurox Prime Gat Cannon 2 Autocannons

Heavy Weapons 2 Las 1 Auto x2

Primaris Psyker Gaze and Barrier

Pask Punisher Lascannon Plasma Cannons

Battle Tank x3 Bolters x2

Demo Tank x3 Heavy Flamers

Executioner 2x Plasma

I tabled a Chaos player who brought both a Lord of Skulls and Karn, he helps the owner run the shop and is a really chill guy.
>>
File: 1427160916055.jpg (70KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1427160916055.jpg
70KB, 599x599px
>>54850905

This is bait.
>>
>>54850929

I have a very good grasp of linguistics and English, and logically, it should be pronounced the latter, due to having one "b" and two "d's", but according to Duncan and GW official videos, it's pronounced the former. Since they are the actual creators, I always assume their pronunciation is right, even if it doesn't make any sense, which English often doesn't.
>>
>>54850929
I prefer "Ah-buh-dawn"
>>
File: IMG_0370.jpg (267KB, 1698x1406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.jpg
267KB, 1698x1406px
What's his name again?
>>
Copy to new bread

Have a 750 patrol game tomorrow against Space Marines. How does this list look?

>HQ
Archon
Blaster and Agonizer

>Troops
Kabalites x10
Blaster, Lance, Phantom Launcher

>Elites
Trueborn x5
Blaster x2, Lance x2, Phantom Launcher

>Fast Attack
Hellions x11
Stunclaw and Pistol

>Dedicated Transports
Raider
Lance and Prow

Raider
Dizzy-Cannon and Prow

I have 5 points left, and I think they're just going to be wasted.
>>
>>54850945
>>54850929
How the fuck do you pronounce Drach'nyen?
>>
>>54850953
Drak-nee-yen?
>>
>>54850915
Agreed. If they don't include the other races, I'll probably just figure out an Epic army or two and try to get people playing that.

30K is just Imperium/Chaos heresy shit as well, right?
>>
>>54850907

>Blood Runs Hot

>The famously ferocious T’au Fire Warriors of Vior’la face an incursion of World Eaters. The Chaos Space Marines are so thoroughly lost to the worship of Khorne that their ranks contain as many Spawn as they do Berzerkers. The T’au’s impeccable fire discipline sees the World Eaters warbands kept at arm’s length – that is, until the infectious rage of the Khorne devotees begins to catch in the souls of Vior’la’s foremost cadres. The T’au, voices raised in primitive Fio’taun war cries that have not been heard for centuries, begin to engage the Chaos Spawn at close range and even charge in to engage them in close combat. It does not end well for the T’au. Millions die before a council of six Ethereals are scrambled to the site to lend their calming influence to the Fire caste cadres, restoring order and allowing the T’au to withdraw into low orbit before the World Eaters can complete the slaughter.
>>
>>54850958
Dis
>>
>>54850948
Tally-me-Banana-man
>>
>>54850953
Drahh knee yen
>>
>>54850961
Is GW having a giggle at Tau close quarters?
>>
>>54850948
41st millenium....uses a bone for a pen
>>
>>54850970
What happened to the "ch"?
>>
Incoming DE player here. I want to get an anti-armor set of dudes, but don't want to spend a lot of money. Is it tactically sound to take 5 scourges with 4 dark lances, as apposed to a ravager with 3? Ravagers are $47 here but scourges are $25. Also I don't plan on deep striking with them, I have that slot reserved for mandrakes.
>>
>>54850981
Hard H for me
>>
>inb4 gw comes out and says "the winners of Konor must also suffer a loss. Therefore, Ultramar, will fall to Nurgle"
>>
>>54850985
I like Scourges more than Ravagers personally, although my lists generally consist of Raiders full of Warriors or Trueborn.
>>
>>54850961
Holy shit top kek.
Damn shame Khorne didn't get some kind of stratagem to force opponents to charge you.
>>
Out of curiosity whats everyones stance on the next codexes to be released? They said 10 before christmas, so do you think they will try to cover the major factions with the remaining 6 or do you think that they will pump out SM chapters and Chaos sunfactions (tzeentch khorne slannesh)
>>
>>54851004
And nothing of value will be lost, that sounds like a win win to me.
>>
>>54851004
>Thinking Matt Ward will ever stop sucking smurf dick
Oh how young and naive
>>
>>54850985
I hope you're not planning on WYSIWYG with just a single box of scourges because you only get the one lance. Anyway, Lance scourges are solid. They're not as durable as a Ravager, but they're still mobile and have an extra shot. I would recommend 2 boxes, if only to pad out the squad with ablative bodies because you start losing firepower after 2 failed saves.
>>
so before this escalate further ... when dafuq are the pdf versions of the new books coming out?
>>
>>54851010
I think we all expect most of them to be Space Marine chapters, but we might see IG or a xeno faction as well.
>>
Could somebody please measure the height of an ogryn model for me (not including the base obviously)?
>>
>>54851010
I hope they release all the main factions first before getting into sub factions, but since Grey Knights got one and Death Guard are next, my hopes don't look good.
>>
>>54851004
If that actually happened I'm pretty sure all the ultramarine fags would riot and Matt Ward would kill himself
>>
>>54851032
Ibreally hope its not just more SM amd chaos shit personally. Seems like a real waste to me
>>
>>54851004
the first half makes sense
but I don't see them pulling the second half off so soon after Cadia
>>
>>54851010
Im hoping for
IG
Nids
Orks
AdMech
Tau
Eldar
>>
>>54851048
Look at it this way: Once all the SM/Chaos stuff is out of the way, they have to devote a few months to everyone else. It might be far away, but hopefully it'll be a lot of interesting stuff next year.
>>
>>54851006
>Damn shame Khorne didn't get some kind of stratagem to force opponents to charge you.
That'd only really work if you had a special ability that made your forces go first even when charged.

Because there are a couple factions out there (mainly Orks, who are the top-tier of 8e so far, and Nids) whose fight phase consists of grabbing fistfuls of dice and rolling for hits and wounds these days, along with having a decent WS+ to back it up.
>>
>>54850905
I take it this is comedic exaggeration and ADB isn't actually that big of a Chaos wanker, in both senses of the term.
>>
>>54851077
I'd assume they're overwritten entirely by the new army rules in the codex. But what rules like that from the index aren't in the codex?
>>
>>54851071
Yeah i suppose getting it out the way would be nice but the thought of having to wait another 6 months for a codex because chaos need 5 books and SM need 5-6 books pisses me off quite alot
>>
>>54851077
I believe the official word is "buy some chaos marines before we do a recall and destroy".
>>
>>54851075
Well you'd have to be careful when using it then.
It'd honestly be pretty good, your zerkers might lose some to the enemies charge but at least you get two fight phases.
I play Emperor's Children though, so I can pump out just as many attacks with my bullshit.
>>
So what's the deal with GK models?

Purgation, Purifier, and Strike teams are the same. Interceptors are the same with different backpacks.

Paladins and Terminators are the same but Paladins have different helmets and those little banner things over their heads? Do you think people would be mad if I ran paladins without those little banners? They look like they're one stiff breeze from breaking off, just like the little things sticking off the Interceptor backpacks.
>>
File: chpCAIB.png (935KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chpCAIB.png
935KB, 1920x1080px
So now that the CSM codex is out, how does one make a strong Iron Warriors style list?
>>
>>54850961
That's fairly interesting, memery aside. Chaos influence on Xenos is something you don't see much, and corrupting the Tau of all people into trying melee might actually be a viable strategy. Inb4 they start a faction of mini Farsights.

Thanks for the snippet anon.
>>
>>54851021
>storm of chaos
>>
When cons get nerfed will the Sniper get worse?
>>
>>54850985
As >>54851014 mentioned, you're going to have WYSIWYG issues unless you buy or have extra bits or extra Dark Lances.

That aside, in practice I find they're not as good as a Ravager, but they're not terrible either.

The pros are an extra shot and the potential for deep striking where you need to go, but the -1 to hit when moving hurts and they fold really fast under fire.
>>
>>54851112

Oh yeah I meant actual model wise, like the plastic/metal. Not their rules. I have a copy of the Codex sitting next to me.
>>
>>54851106
>>54850961
Guys we have seen this before. The Khorne daemon lord at the end/final fight of "Fire Warrior" , infected Kais with Khornate rage forcing Kais to leave cover and charge the daemon. The daemon toyed around with the enraged Kais slicing off his arm. However, taint did not stick to Kais. See below.

>''The daemonlord sensed something was wrong. The bloodlust it had gifted to the tau creature was waning. It evaporated like water, unclouding the tiny morsel’s mind and leaving it cold and sharp: a dagger of focus that no amount of insidious corruption could ever penetrate''

>''It didn’t matter. A pure tau died just as easily as a tainted one''

-Fire Warrior

The Tau are innocent of evil that infects other races. The taint of Chaos doesn't have much of a purchase on their souls. t's much harder to corrupt a Tau than it is to corrupt a human.
>>
>>54851106
The CSM book is pretty solid it seems, the NL and AL pieces are pretty awesome too
I'm glad there is xenos interaction in it
>>
>>54851125
Different guy here; ordered some blue stuff and miliput so that I could make Dark Lances for any Scourges I get, and kit out my Trueborn however I want without worrying about paying for extra bits.
>>
>>54851110
Well, what specific army rule? If there is nothing in the codex that seems to replace it, it sounds like the rule was just in the index to keep things competitive until the codex rules took their place in other ways. But without a specific example, I don't think anyone can look it up to be sure.
>>
>>54851101
>Do you think people would be mad if I ran paladins without those little banners?
nah, you're good

But you should do something to separate your paladins from regular terminators. A change of heraldry, a more elaborate paint scheme, just something to keep them apart on the tabletop.
>>
>>54851151
The CSM and daemons literally admit they are literally evil.
>>
The new CSM codex rapes the fluff. It has Lucius possessing a necron and it has Khorne resurrecting dark eldar who are known to be slaaneshi servants.
>>
>>54851166
Yeah but some of the stories are great
>>
>>54851157
dont take bait in a nice clean thread anon
>>
>>54851171
The introduction of the Dark Eldar codexes says that they are evil personified. Evil does exist in 40K.
>>
whats the best way to catch up with 40k lore?
>>
>>54851010
IG
1ksons
Orks
Deathwatch
Tyranids
DE
AdMech
Genestealers or Tau if GSC are released alongside Tyranids since its a small codex
Some flavor of marines though I expect them next year since they need Imperium releases to counter chaos/xenos
>>
>>54851181
By feeding her the souls of others.
>>
Didn't catch a chance in the last thread but I thought it would be worth mentioning. I don't mind the Tau being noblebright in the world as long as it's noted that they really are fucking tiny and would get mulched if any main faction gave a fuck. That's why they have to be nice diplomats: they're young and have no power and could easily turn into the hellscape of any other faction if given enough power to be corrupted by.
>>
>>54851181
There are Slaanesh cultist DEldar that still hate her, they just find the best way to stave him off is to feed her the souls of other people.
>>
>>54851166
>The new CSM codex rapes the fluff. It has Lucius possessing a necron and it has Khorne resurrecting dark eldar who are known to be slaaneshi servants.

Is this bait or regular retardation anon? Its okay, you can tell us.
>>
Am I to understand that 8E Codexes all let you have one free relic?
>>
>>54851166
Dark Eldar are scared shitless of Slaanesh, that's why they use torture to stay alive.
That reminds me for whatever reason, how bullshit would it be for a human to torture two Dark Eldar Wyches and two Harlequin Players and two Craftworld Howling Banshees so much that they'd willingly give their souls to Slaanesh just to escape them?
because that's my Daemon Prince's back story and I plan on converting six Heralds to match said story using those three kits and I already have one Wych Herald of Slaanesh
>>
>>54851212
thus far, yes.
>>
>>54851166
>It has Lucius possessing a necron
WAIT WHAT?!

Seriously, how does that even work?
>>
>>54851153

The Terminator models have the option for that little heraldic plate thing (the shield) on their left pauldron, I was thinking of only putting that on the Paladins to differentiate them.
>>
>>54851212
Yes, and if you spend Command Points before battle starts you could have more.
At least Chaos lets you spend command points for more.
>>54851219
Living Metal was possessed and became fleshy through the warp
>>
>>54851166
that DE thing aside, how the fucking fuck does Lucius possess a Necron

also how likely will we see a completely new codex
>>
>>54851105
Making a list of the writers and GW higher-ups who approved their Legion tactics so you can assassinate them
>>
>>54851195
>“So disappointing, I thought. An incorruptible race. No psychic powers. No dark desires or secret horrors… Hmm… On that count, at least, I was wrong. You merely keep them well hidden…

>“But you… alone among thousands. I could taste you! Such bitterness! Such shame!

>“You’re strong, there’s no doubt about it. You’re skilled at your craft. You cut a bloody swathe to me like a knife through the warp, but not because you could…

>“Because I made you want to…

>“And now you seriously think you can cast off my gift and kill me? Little tau, you have a lot to
learn.”

>Kais retched on air, feeling his muscles going limp. “G-get… Get out of my head…”

>“You and the Space Marine. My two choices. I called you to my side and you came, like faithful
cubs. I’ve played you like puppets, little tau. And now I’m out of time, and the Space Marine is late, and you will have to do.

>“You wouldn’t begrudge me a little blood before you die, would you? I must drink of the host
— a corrupted host — before assuming its flesh. That’s how it works, little thing. It would be such a pity to damage you any more than necessary…”

>The body drifted forwards, coruscating energies ebbing from its wide eyes and leering mouth, a blaze of skin and fire. In its hand the dagger was a slash of light. Kais couldn’t even breath, frozen solid by the very fury and rage that had sustained him. Betrayed by his own blood. Deceived by his own mind.

>“Kais,” a voice said. “Kais, look up.”

>He obeyed and there, hanging suspended far above him in the air, spread-eagled and glowing with purity and peace, radiant and glorious and unified and balanced and perfect, was Aun’el T’au Ko’vash.

>“Kais,” he called out, voice full of exhaustion and effort. “Even when broken, a sword may still cut.”
>>
>>54851101
Theyll be fine as long as you dont have fucking sledgehammers for hands
>>
no pdfs for csm or gk?
>>
>>54851225
So far all 8e codexes have the 'moar relics' stratagem
>>
>>54851219
the necron in question took pride in the kill.
>>
>>54851242
I wasn't certain, I haven't read the other codices and no one I've played against used it against me.
I haven't really used it either though.
>>
>>54850959
>30K is just Imperium/Chaos heresy shit as well, right?
no, for xenos and deamons you just use the 40k codex.
>>
>>54851214
Complete bullshit. DEldar do WHATEVER IT TAKES specifically to avoid Slaanesh. Craftworlders have shaped their entire society for millenia around destroying any sense of physical attachment or desire - even to life - to avoid Slaanesh. Harlequins' souls already belong to Cegorach.
>>
File: Grey_knights_codex2.jpg (90KB, 453x460px) Image search: [Google]
Grey_knights_codex2.jpg
90KB, 453x460px
>>54851222
That's an easy way of doing it. A stripe or white, black or red on their armour would also stand out.

If I ever get paladins, I'll paint them in the old index astartes scheme.
>>
>>54851264
Shit.
>>
The new grey knight codex shills for forgeworld. I didn't know they actually acknowledged them.
>>
>>54851193
Seems like a good mix and wouldnt mind a release schedule looking something like that.
t. tyranid player
>>
>>54851162
I've never really been interested in Chaos, so I'm not 100% sure how they're organized in the codexes. Are you certain that rule would be covered in the codex that's out, and not a later one? What do cult marines count as in the codex? If it was for this book, and not covered at all... give it a week or two for the first FAQ to come out for it, cause I haven't seen mention of it before now.
>>
File: ethereal2.jpg (91KB, 882x522px) Image search: [Google]
ethereal2.jpg
91KB, 882x522px
>>54851238
>The Aun closed his eyes and serenity enveloped Kais like a warm cloud, filling his mind with peace and purity and the glowing features of the ethereal. Was there a taste, he wondered? A faint scent taste that rushed through his body like warm j’hal nectar, cleansing and purifying.

>The ethereal smiled from on high and Kais was free. Invisible bonds fell away, the Mont’au shrivelled and died. He could move again. He could raise his gun again.

>“For the Greater Good,” he said, and shot the thing that had once been Severus in its heart.

-Fire Warrior.

As you can seem, the Greater Daemon in the novel attempted to possess Kais. He held Kais in his place via using his own emotional turmoil against him. However, the Ethereal intervene and cleansed Kais the taint of Chaos and the daemon's control. Similiarily to what we have seen in the CSM codex even with the 6 Ethereals.

So we can summarize from this that as long as Ethereals are a thing, the Tau will never fall to Chaos. Also that the Ethereal are anti-Chaos.
>>
>>54851248
A soulless machine took pride....yeah sure.
>>
Sharing more stories

>Twisted Justice

>After millennia of slaughter, the Night Lords warmonger Anvrex Rarth becomes disenchanted with indiscriminate violence. He vows to embody his Primarch’s early days, punishing only those whom he believes deserve it – but doing so with such grievous acts of retribution that none who hear of them dare stray from the path of righteousness. For a time, he finds a kind of peace, but his notions of morality are broken beyond repair. Within the year he is wreaking the most terrible of atrocities as a response to everything from the breaching of shipping contracts to the incorrect pronunciation of High Gothic.

>The Eternal Duellist

>Lucius the Eternal leads a motley warband across the galaxy on the trail of the deadliest opponents his network of admiring torture-cultists can locate for him. He intends to hunt down the best melee fighters in the galaxy and beat them in one-on-one combat or die in the attempt. Over the course of several centuries he defeats the Dark Eldar Archon Vraesque in cursed Shaa-dom, the Emperor’s Champion of the Black Templars at Veilfate, and the Ork Warboss Two-klaws at Octarius Sigma.
>Eventually, on a nameless moon near Damnos, Lucius is cut down by the shape-shifting Necron duellist known only as the Phasing Sword. Not even the Necron’s body of living metal can prevent the Slaaneshi champion’s strange possession-curse from taking hold, however, for it takes a cold pride in its victory, and that is the seed of its undoing. Lucius is reborn inside his killer within days, the xenos warrior’s body drizzling away to reveal the twisted swordsman, as arrogant and maniacal as ever.
>>
File: img4eae8396b698a.jpg (481KB, 1056x1110px) Image search: [Google]
img4eae8396b698a.jpg
481KB, 1056x1110px
>>54851105
>how does one make a strong Iron Warriors style list
Mark Slaanesh, take a rifle Helbrute and start doubletapping everything.
>>
>>54851271
Not that anon, and I also think its highly fucking unlikely (or as mentioned impossible for the Harlies)... but that doesn't mean you can't do it.

I'd probably do something like make the Heralds prefall Eldar souls or something though
>>
no pdf like sm for gk or csm?
>>
File: 1495493035287.jpg (253KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495493035287.jpg
253KB, 500x500px
>>chosen and chaos marines can only have two weapons. Never bolter, pistol and chainsword. Never bolter and chainsword

Why though? It could make black legion squads almost usable with their garbage trait and half of gw's chosen from DV have illegal loadouts.
>>
>>54851299
newcrons have feelings anon
>>
>>54851077
No you can't have Cult units as troops.

Stop asking in increasingly vague ways and just deal with it.
>>
>>54851317
Simulated feelings. Plus they are soulless which should rendered invisible to the warp.
>>
Alright anons, which Legion got the most out of this codex? Which one got shafted the most?
>>
>>54851301
>Eventually, on a nameless moon near Damnos, Lucius is cut down by the shape-shifting Necron duellist known only as the Phasing Sword

This part makes the whole "bursting out of a necron" at least a little more plausible to me; it wasn't some random warrior who caught him in a barrage of gauss fire, it was a specific duelist necron with a fancy name and everything; newcrons being what they are it seems reasonabe it'd feel pride in beating some flesh scrub
>>
>>54851271
You'd have to destroy their means of escape to give their souls to Slaanesh. For the Dark Eldar, just kill them like normal, or let them sit and suffer and starve without giving them any way of inflicting suffering or agony on others. For the Craftworlders, you'll need to strip them of their spirit stones, and destroy them. For the Harlequin - they might actually willingly give their souls to Slaanesh, as part of Cegorach's big plan.
>>
>>54851299
like >>54851317 said, the rewritten Necrons, especially high-ranking ones, have emotions and personalities now, it took pride in its victory, thus sealing it's fate. That's how Lucius' curse works after all.
>>
>>54851328
Instead of the usual silver.
>>
>>54851308
The worst part is that the models have them.
>>
File: grey_k02.jpg (57KB, 399x302px) Image search: [Google]
grey_k02.jpg
57KB, 399x302px
>>54851328
Early 3e, before daemonhunters came out. I'm assuming it was a scrapped attempt to unify them with the (newly created) Deathwatch, before going with the classic shining silver scheme.
>>
>>54851335
In the novels it's said that Necron emotions are digital analogs. Ones and zeroes are not emotions. They aren't really feelings. And once again, they are soulless. So it's nonsensical for the Warp to hone in and possess something it cannot see.
>>
>>54851331
Derp.

GW have said you may use datasheets from the index where they are not overwritten. Nothing else.
>>
>>54851301
>>Twisted Justice
>>After millennia of slaughter, the Night Lords warmonger Anvrex Rarth becomes disenchanted with indiscriminate violence. He vows to embody his Primarch’s early days, punishing only those whom he believes deserve it – but doing so with such grievous acts of retribution that none who hear of them dare stray from the path of righteousness. For a time, he finds a kind of peace, but his notions of morality are broken beyond repair. Within the year he is wreaking the most terrible of atrocities as a response to everything from the breaching of shipping contracts to the incorrect pronunciation of High Gothic.
Read this and nutted, using something like it for my NL
>>
>>54851352
>hitting on 3s
>wound on 5s
>saving on 3s

I doubt that they can do more than five wounds without their Strategem
>>
File: 2017-08-13 04.06.47.jpg (394KB, 1567x1276px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-13 04.06.47.jpg
394KB, 1567x1276px
Btw this is the best line in the chaos codex
>>
>>54851301
>shape-shifting Necron duellist

Necrons don't shape shift. This has to be a C'tan.
>>
>>54851365
There's also older fluff that suggests they were gold.
>>
>>54851375
Definitely one of the high points of the new fluff, I love stuff like this.
>>
>>54850869
T.kharn?
>>
>>54851371
So would that mean I can still have my chaos lords and sorcerers on their daemonic steeds?
>>
>>54851384
I'm pretty sure it was just the aegis runes that were gold, but I admit my memory isn't the best.

>>54851380
hee hee
>>
File: 2.jpg (25KB, 417x407px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
25KB, 417x407px
>>54851380
>>
>>54851380
Alpharius confirmed for loving puns
>>
>>54851381
You know there are plenty of strange things in every faction that don't necessarily show up a Codex, especially the older races.
>>
>>54851370
In short, it's fucking Chaos wank for the sake of Chaos wank and fucking over Xenos and anyone else just to make Chaos actually look good.

Again.

Can someone please get hired at GW who ISN'T a fucking Chaos fanboy and understands the proper use of fluff?
>>
File: 1430791887720.jpg (70KB, 498x600px) Image search: [Google]
1430791887720.jpg
70KB, 498x600px
>>54851380
Iron Hands Naysmiths still make me chuckle.
>>
>>54850953
"Drach-nyen"
>>
when are we getting pdfs for csm or gk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>54851429
In about 30 hours
>>
>>54851214
The reverse (a human ending up enjoying the torture, escaping and torturing dark elves in their little homes) would be more likely. Also more likely to please slaanesh.
>>
>>54851413
The Culexus assassin working on the Tau is equally as stupid.
>>
>>54851241
https://sendit.cloud/7x9v0kz0z6q1
https://sendit.cloud/i7aogmx7t8uo
>>
File: art-01.jpg (44KB, 415x500px) Image search: [Google]
art-01.jpg
44KB, 415x500px
>>54851327
Black legion are a dumpster fire.

+1ld and rapid fire weapons can be fired as assault. So +1ld.

Bonus to chopping imperials warlord trait only useful against imperials.

Eye of night artifact is a 1 use only d3 mortal wounds to a vehicle on a 2+ wooooo.

Only the stratagem is worth using and its barely different than what your chaos lord aura buffs anyways.
>>
>>54851429
CSM epub is in the first mega.
>>
>>54851328
Very, very dark grey, anon.
>>
>>54851447
>Bonus to chopping imperials warlord trait only useful against imperials.
To be fair imperials are a damn common enemy, but yeah they got shafted for the most part
>>
>Gladius Anathema

>Upon the quarantined world of Gladius, the Drukhari Wych Cult of the Seventh Woe fight their way into the great fang-lined fighting pits of the World Eaters in search of a challenge. The violent duels that result are amongst the fastest and most vicious that Gladius’ Daemon Prince masters have ever seen. Though dozens of Wyches and World Eaters die upon one another’s blades, Khorne is pleased by the intensity of the carnage, and blesses the occasion with a rain of blood that brings the dead back to life. A bond of wary respect is forged between the two factions, ultimately leading to the invasion known as the Great Blood Wager of Anathema Quartus.

>wary respect
>respect
deldar chaos lovers
>>
>>54851424
So your position is that you may include any old rules from any old sources since it doesn't say you can't?
>>
>>54851462
I was thinking the same thing, most people play imperials
>>
>>54851424
>nothing about Army rules.
That's exactly what that anon meant when he said "Nothing else".

Wait for a FAQ, but if they never mention it, it's because they covered it when they said the codex covers stuff now. If you're the anon that asked a question, don't get pissed when other anons answer it.
>>
>>54850905
Nothing about this is okay.
>>
>>54851418
>Iron Hands Naysmiths

Do the Iron Hands play Cyborg Basketball?
>>
>>54851348
I don't remember the exact page but it's got a model land raider and they say something about making fine resin upgrade door kits.
>>
>>54851370
>>54851413
In short, 'encoded feelings' are still feelings and only Pariahs are completely seperated from the warp.

Feel free to dislike it, but there's nothing objectively wrong about this fluff.
>>
>>54851444
you are the hero nobody asks ... but secretly needs
>>
>>54851463
Hey, Khorne ain't Slaanesh, if he keeps them from getting eaten what's a few skulls in payment?
>>
>>54851470
>In most Chapters, command of each Demi-company falls to a Lieutenant, who leads his brothers unflinchingly into battle. Some Space Marine Chapters assign additional roles for Lieutenants. The Salamanders, for example, have given these warriors a ceremonial duty as bodyguards to their company's Captain, the three fighting as one. Within the Iron Hands Chapter they are charged as Naysmiths, questioning their Captain's battle plans so as to probe for human errors within his logic.
>>
>>54851447
rapid fire weapons as assault can be valuable. Advancing to get to an objective and still be able to fire some shots off is OK.
>>
>>54851484
Fuck off Carnac.
>>
>>54851489
>Wych Cults impress Khorne with their brutality and violence
>Kabals impress Tzeentch with their trickery and schemes
>Covens impress Nurgle with their fascination with life and disease
>>
>>54851484
>only Pariahs are completely seperated from the warp.

He says when we have an example of a pariah being possessed by a daemon in the HH series.
>>
File: 200w-8.gif (2MB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
200w-8.gif
2MB, 200x163px
>>54851466
>>54851462
>>when you joined the black legion but everyone around you is playing chaos and xenos
>>
>>54851507
No, they said you can use datasheets and weapon options that are not in the codex. They did not say "use whatever you want that's not in the codex".
>>
>>54851413
Every Codex talks up how good their faction is, of course the Chaos one is going to be full of Chaos wank.
>>
>>54851486
just reposting >>54848472
someone should put them in the mega
>>
>>54851511
Well, that's bad fluff then.
>>
>>54851075
>Orks, who are the top-tier of 8e so far

You are joking right? Because the armies sweeping the meta aren't Orks.
>>
>>54851303
>>54851334
I figured it would be unlikely, and she did take away spirit stones and torture them, a lot.
I wrote that it took her ages just capturing those specific Eldar, then took her almost equally as long to torture them to the point they were begging for death, even if Slaanesh could have their souls just so the torture would end.
She was a psyker already too, so there was some warp rituals embedded into the torture.
The entire point of it was that it was an impressive enough feat that Slaanesh gave her daemonhood for it and let her have Heralds made from their souls as her servants for a bonus reward.
>>54851441
It's part of a character creation/campaign thing my LGS is doing.
She was originally trying to join sisters of battle, but they noticed her psychic potential, decided she would be dangerous and shipped her off to the black ships.
An Emperor's Children warband, under the guidance of a sorcerer using divination, crashed the ship they were using to transport her, and some other prisoners, with a dreadclaw, told the psykers aboard their Sorcerer had a premonition about a psyker becoming useful to their god existing on the ship, and recruited them, she actually ended up being the useful one, using psychic enhancing drugs and stolen Sister Power Armor, repainted to match her allegiance, to go about being a useful psyker for the Emperor's Children.
>>
File: 1499668818475.gif (3MB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1499668818475.gif
3MB, 400x311px
>>54851511
>in the HH series.
>>
>>54851506
If GW finally does Chaos Eldar and it's all Slaanesh, I'm going to be pretty ticked off because every other god works better for them because of how Slaanesh works in relation to the Eldar.

Why would a god that's just going to eat you anyway ever grant you boons, regardless of how much you pray?
>>
Alpha stuff is pretty good

>I Am Alpharius

>Word reaches the High Lords of Terra of a Chaos Lord claiming to be Alpharius ravaging the adamantium-laced moons of the Danevra Sub-sector. Debate rages about whether this could potentially be the case, for the Primarch’s death has been recorded more than once across the span of Imperial history. The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum dispatches a force of six Vindicare marksmen. Over a number of years they identify and slay a dozen Alpha Legion champions bearing the name of Alpharius upon the scrolls of their battle plate, but the reports of raids upon the sub-sector’s mining operations only intensify. Five years later, the decapitated heads of all six Vindicare Assassins are found frozen in the food storage halls of the High Lords.

>Dreams of the Serpent

>A plague of nightmares engulfs the psyker-rich world of Seer’s Rest. Each of the planet’s oracles, hedge wizards and soothsayers reports having the same recurring dream – that of a rain of serpents that covers the land. Such is the intensity of these dreams that the subconscious gestalt of the planet’s psykers manifests them in reality, and the planet’s populace is halved in a day. Millions die to venomous snake bites before the psykers fall into a fugue state and the rain stops. The Adeptus Arbites investigation finds, too late, that the atmosphere processors of the world’s terraforming engines have been spiked with psychotropic gas. When the Alpha Legion descend to destroy what remains of the planet’s guardian provosts and Astra Militarum regiments, the storm of psychic energy intensifies to such a degree that Seer’s Rest is reclassified as a Daemon world. The Alpha Legion abduct thousands of comatose psykers.
>>
>>54851494
I -guess- but only if you build around having a lot of bolters and plasma guns instead of chop chop chopping, and you can't do both anymore
>>
>>54851444
Thanks!
>>
File: FbewYFQ.gif (156KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
FbewYFQ.gif
156KB, 500x282px
>Decide to use new muns after selling off last of my magic cards to build Emperor's Children
> Want to go full Ham with Noise Marines, complete with Champions with guitars (count as Power Axes for Maximum Pun) and modeled after gods of Hard Rock/Metal
>Spend ~$200 on CSMs and 3rd Party Conversion bits and eagerly await new codex.
> TFW Noise Marines can no longer be taken as troops.
>>
Is it worth investing into a world eater army? I already have 3 dreadnoughts, a berserker unit, and a demon prince. Its either that or tyranids, Im undecided.

I really like that berserkers fight twice tho.
>>
>>54851533
>Why would a god that's just going to eat you anyway ever grant you boons, regardless of how much you pray?
Because they know they're going to get their return no matter what? If you achieve glory in your name then that's a plus, if they die you just eat them and get the power back. Win/win. Eldar are Slaanesh's ideal mortal servants.
>>
>>54851550
Vanguard Detachment
>>
>>54851550
> TFW Noise Marines can no longer be taken as troops.
jesus christ you lot, stop bitching about this and just take them as vanguard detachments like every other army that wants to spam elites
>>
>>54851533
Actually, Khorne, Nurgle, and Mr. T could use that as a way to get an advantage over Slaanesh. Also they can be offering some sort of alternative to 'being part of tranny vore porn' as a great recruitment method.
>>
>>54851424
>but it doesn't say I can't use rules from the index

Can I choose to use the rules and/or points for units from my index instead of the new ones in the codex once released?
In your own games, if you and your opponent agree, you can, of course, play with whatever rules you like.

In all future publications and official events though, it will be assumed that you’re using the most recent rules and Datasheets.
>>
>>54851550
8th Edition is friendly to ANY ARMY COMPOSITION.
There are FOCs with an HQ and two of any slot as the minimum.
You can just do a hero and all fucking tanks now, anything goes! No special characters needed, no specific factions. Just do your Slaanesh Lord and you Vanguard detachment of Noise Marines and be happy.
>>
>>54851550
>TFW Noise Marines can no longer be taken as troops.
So take an all elite army. It's not like you have to have troops.

FFS
>>
>>54851581
Derp

See>>54851572
>>
>>54851530
If you set them up properly, and then torture them to season Slaanesh's meal with a nice dose of suffering, excess, and agony, then I could see the Daemonhood rising. Also, your LGS is way cooler than mine. As it is, aside from myself, the only other person who isn't playing some variant of Space Marines is a friend of mine who just bought an army and hasn't even finished assembling it yet.

>>54851533
Mind, Slaaneshi Eldar who embrace their fate as part of/food for Slaanesh and play it up could work well too, but the other three all line up pretty well with lots of aspects of the Eldar.
>>
>>54851554

This guy had the right answer >>54851564

But yes, by all accounts they're handling themselves pretty well
>>
How do you deal with players getting butthurt ?

We had a casual 8e 500 point tournament . I brought a dakka pred , a techmarine , a dread and five marines . My opponent had a bunch of plasma vets with rerolls, a tauros with missiles, some bullgryns and some hot shot lasgun guard.

He quit midway through the first turn after I killed about five guardsmen with a predator , loudly accusing me of being cheesy for bringing tanks to a 'combat patrol'. (We had no restrictions on what to bring and there's no real way to translate combat patrol into 8th)

I felt bad at first but then when he loudly got butthurt again because one of our Tyranid players , who is super casual and *not that great* brought a toxicrine and old one eye and 'you shouldn't bring monstrous creatures to combat patrol' I realised he was just getting pointlessly angry during a tournament that was meant to be fun.
>>
>>54851543
I mean, Alpha stuff is always pretty good. Ever read the Alpha section in Traitor Legions?
>>
>>54851004

>Though the Imperium had won victory everywhere the enemy had set foot through the Realm of Ultramar, it could not be denied that the troops who had stalwartly defended those worlds could only be provided at the expense of other worlds. Across Ultramar, planet after planet had been stripped of defenders to stem the tide of Chaos that had swept through the sector from Konor to Talasa. No planet had been more denuded than Macragge itself, for where-else could the best warriors be found to defend the sector than from the homeworld of the Ultramarines?

>Yet it was only as the weary defenders of Konor allowed themselves a moment of respite as the tide receeded that the devestating machinations of Chaos were finally revealed. Two score of astropaths began to gibber inanely, each repeating seemingly meaningless words until a Magos Biologus realized that they were speaking the names of every known disease, over and over again. Other astropaths began to report hearing strangely choaked cries in the Warp, as if the voices were drowing in phlemgm. When the truth behind these signals was finally made manifest, the effect was devestating. The Konor campaign, indeed, the entire attack on the 500 worlds, had been nothing but a diversion. It was Ultramar, on Macragge itself, that the true hammer blow had fallen. The wretched few who escaped the world's fall spoke of endless legions falling upon the few remaining defenders in an unstoppable tide.
>>
>>54851581
Lets spell this out for you.

GW have stated clearly that codex replaces indexes.

An exception is offered for units or weapon options that are in the index but not the codex.

There is no other exception for using index material.
>>
>>54851564
Ive had my berserkers for 10 years. Even found legless Jimmy hanging out with some unpainted Thousand Sons and Ahriman.

I have a Tyranid Army Im also working on but after I read the Khorne rules I doubted my tyranid love.
>>
>>54851592
But that sounds retarded. You keep harping on this, and all for a few more command points?

Shit, maybe you'll get a different answer in Chapter Approved, but considering how hung up you are on this, I kinda hope you don't. Not just accepting the rules as they are for such a minor advantage really comes off as childish.

Here is something you do have as an option: Play a codex army or an index army.
>>
>>54851595
That player sounds like an ass. Tell him to go to hell.
>>
>>54851214
Why is it that humans/marines get to be enhanced by chaos and eldar are just eaten? Why not use the eldar as tools like they do with CSM's?
>>
>>54851591
My LGS is pretty cool, the campaign is gonna be kind of standard campaign but everyone is in teams of two, sharing a keyword, and makes a character using one of the datasheet characters modified slightly, my daemon prince for example with have lower strength and wounds than standard, but 6 attacks base. My teammate is running Chaos Khorne, using CSM and Daemons in different detachments like me.
Our reason for our characters working together is they're competing to see who can tear the Imperium apart better.
There is one player who just brings a shitload of tanks to every game, it's kind of annoying.
>>
>>54850948
The Count
>>
>>54851595
He sounds like a whiny cunt. Play with the Tyranid player more, and make a big show of how fun it is.
>>
File: dNHKOQtsyFM.jpg (90KB, 1000x747px) Image search: [Google]
dNHKOQtsyFM.jpg
90KB, 1000x747px
>>54851550
I'm an EC player.
Noise Marines as Elitè is not all that bad.

Between Noise Marines, Sonic Dreads, Chosen and Contemptor I fill 2 Vanguard Detachment easily.

Troops are for plebs anyway, spam Elite as a true Emperor's Children.
>>
>>54851622
Xenos tend to resist the warp better for some reason.
>>
>>54850858
Lufgt Huron renamed Lugft Huron confirmed.
>>
>>54851592
Yes, obviously GW just missed out the army rules in the brand new codex and you're supposed to keep using them.

We'll get another addition to the list of ridiculous FAQ questions that would only he asked by idiots and wishlisters soon enough.
>>
>>54851622
Well, because the main interaction GW's done with Eldar and Chaos is have Slaanesh be an Eldar-soul magnet, because it's made out of the Eldar.
>>
>>54851631
Can we still use Sonic Dreads?
>>
File: sonic dread.png (20KB, 438x187px) Image search: [Google]
sonic dread.png
20KB, 438x187px
>>54851647
Yup, the forgeworld FAQ told us how
>>
>>54851595
You should have pointed out a Tauros is (functionally) a tank.
>>
>>54851595
>loudly accusing me of being cheesy for bringing tanks to a 'combat patrol'.
>you shouldn't bring monstrous creatures to combat patrol
AKA
>wah wah Everyone else is playing the game wrong. I'm superior because of the purity of how I handicap myself.
>>
>>54851645
Fuck off retard, you can't use cult marines are troops anymore because of obsec, deal with it
>>
>>54851651
Huh, it didn't occur to me this would carry over to codex.
So now it's a good 16 points cheaper with the cost reduction to Blastmasters and Doom Sirens are even worth putting on it. Sweet.
>>
>>54851595
He seems like a cunt, though taking a special character in a 500 point friendly tournament is also a bit of a dick move.
>>
>Aspiring Sorcerer from 30 to 18 pts base
>Soulreaper Canon from 20 to 15 pts
>Rubric no longer need ten model for soulreaper
>Four awesome new powers, two of which make Magnus even more of a beast
>Also Daemon engine and Daemons buffs

All in all, i'm really happy with this Codex. What are your thoughts on it, anons?
>>
File: 1437275103437.jpg (54KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1437275103437.jpg
54KB, 600x449px
>>54851647
Yes.

They are Helbrute that can replace the multimelta with 2 blastmasters and the option to buy a Doom Siren.

It's in the FW FAQ

Also, they are literally Helbrute, they don't have their own Dataslate, so Fire Frenzy works on them.

Absolutely glorious.
>>
>>54851626
Oh, that sounds really fun. I'd see if my LGS would want to do something like that, but a lot of the people there, while mostly chill, want to minimize the creativity involved with their armies. Aside from a friend of mine and myself, everyone runs standard-painted Space Marine chapters and Chaos Space Marine legions, taking major characters whenever possible.
>>
>>54851663
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking too. Too bad it doesn't get a 5++ and it would be fuckin' amazing
>>
>>54851645
You mean that bit that says codex replaces index and that they assume you'll be using the most recent rules?
>>
>>54851645
Shoe me an explicit permission to use index rules with the codex.

Tip - there isn't one.
>>
File: indexes to codexes.jpg (124KB, 601x568px) Image search: [Google]
indexes to codexes.jpg
124KB, 601x568px
>>54851683
>>54851645
>I literally just posted an excerpt of the article that says RULES are included too.
Really? Underline the part you're talking about.
>>
File: 1479590091109.png (39KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1479590091109.png
39KB, 1162x850px
>>54851631
>Troops are for plebs anyway
Blessed are the plebs, for they shall inherit the board.

>all these elite, expensive infantry running around without transports in 8th
>>
So like, what's the difference between a plasma cannon and a heavy plasma cannon cuz I can't find it.
>>
File: 1500973746438.jpg (69KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1500973746438.jpg
69KB, 600x449px
>>54851668
>fire frenzy with twin blastmasters
>bonus points move Daemon Prince next to it and cast Prescience
>4d3 shots at 2+ to hit, rerolls of 1, str8, ap-2, d3 damage
oh my fuck that's loud
louder
>>54851674
I mean, I do run Emperor's Children, and I do have a Lucius model, but they aren't just painted up like the standard EC paint scheme, the section of the codex about EC even states they customise their armor.
I dunno though, our local imperium fanboy, the store owner, is using it as an excuse to customise the Chapter Master for Blood Ravens as a model for his army.
>>54851675
It is a legal target for Delightful Agonies
>>
>>54851716
Keep screeching until you get FAQ'd in about five minutes, in the mean time if you try to pull that at a local game prepare to get DQ'd
>>
>>54851713
Don't forget to give him a Missile Launcher.
If you are gonna Fire Frenzy, you need to stay still. You may as well spam some extra shots.

It's also cheaper
>>
>>54851688
>Your tears are delicious.
Not an argument

If you want to use the codex, use the codex. If you think the rule will come back in another Chaos codex, then do that. I'm the anon that tried to help answer the question earlier, so if you're not the guy who originally asked it, you're shitposting over nothing. If you can't fucking read though, seek help.

>>54851716
You say everyone is mad, but most people seem to not want to let an obviously flawed view of the rules to take hold. You seem very upset by this loss of a few command points.
>>
friendly reminder that 99% of the "intentionally cheating" posts you see are bait you should ignore.
>>
File: NECROMUNDA.png (3MB, 1121x1581px) Image search: [Google]
NECROMUNDA.png
3MB, 1121x1581px
Ladies, gentlemen, fungi, unspeakable horrors, let me just say: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAA

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/forge-world-open-day-live-blog/
>>
File: 1502613955696_863759351.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
1502613955696_863759351.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
Soon
>>
File: IMG_0374.jpg (174KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0374.jpg
174KB, 720x960px
>Necromunda shit

Yawn
>>
>>54851727
... are you actually retarded? Just highlighting RULES doesn't mean that any and all rules are what they're talking about. They mean the various RULES for Space Marine factions that aren't covered in the basic codex.

Is English your first language? Are you just trying to get people to hate Chaos players more?
>>
File: 1404618055312.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404618055312.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>>54851726
I intend to, explosions are loud but can you imagine being allowed to replace that with another pair of Blastmasters?
>>
>>54851734
>>54851740
>>54851742
Nice, I hope they update the rules to be more in line with 8th.
>>
>>54851734
not surprising, but definitely pleasant

if they have enforcer/arbites I'll bust several nuts
>>
>>54851738
0/10 enjoy your DQ if you even play
>>
>>54851734
Not what I was expecting but I'll take it.
>>
>>54851740
>>54851742
That's for the videogame, right?

Though if a new box game gets released soon, I got money set aside for it.
>>
File: latest-15.jpg (84KB, 490x362px) Image search: [Google]
latest-15.jpg
84KB, 490x362px
Do defilers look any good without the tiny head? I realized that is the part I dislike. It's a giant enemy crab tank otherwise.
>>
>>54851751
I hope they make them more convoluted than 2nd ed ever was!
>>
>>54851713
Understandable. I've just recently started repainting my army after my incredibly shitty early attempts (I didn't even know what primer was). I've also only been to the LGS during a time the other Warhammer players were there once. I might bring up the idea in a few weeks, once they see me as a regular.
>>
>>54851774
You should do it, it's fun, I think my teammate is running a Bloodthirster as his Warlord for the campaign but he's still deciding.
Personally I hope he does Daemon Prince so our characters are on similar footing.
>>
>>54851765
There's a technical looking suite of lens/sensors under them that you put the little head on like a mask. Kind of like how the imperial.knight has the barebones head under the various knight looking masks.
>>
Is there any reason why I should replace the combi-bolter for a special weapon on chaos bikes? It's only two points and IIRC you can shoot all at once.
>>
>>54851759
I dunno, the vidya is called Underhive Wars and the logo isn't the same.

http://necromunda-underhivewars.com/
>>
>>54851785
Huh. Will probably look fine as long as I put some form of targeter in there
>>
>>54851800
Hmmm, interesting. I guess I'd better get some money ready.
>>
from what im reading in the GK codex, you can only equip there is only 1 relic available for the HQ dreadknight? that is disappointing.
>>
>>54851095
The basic CSM plastic kit NEEDS a recall and destroy, along with a proper redo. I'd be more inclined to collect them if they weren't stuck using a recut of a sprue from 2002 for their base unit entry.
>>
>>54851783
I'm not really sure what I could do with my warlord - an Archon. Anything I could do would either be too little to be noticed or way too good.
>>
>>54851811
>spams thread all night long with some retarded shit
>everyone is "crying" and the autismo spamming is "laughing"
Wow, really makes me think
>>
>>54851816
It already has some details you might like, it's very similar to the chaos part of the command tank upgrade.
>>
>>54851447
Thinking of taking 20 rhubic marines with bolters in black legion, best possible use of the legion trait. Will it work?
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

Necromunda is back. They really need to hire a better FW painter, fucking hell.
>>
>>54851734
This makes me a happy man

I actually had a discussion with a couple of guys at the game store yesterday and it came up that several of the gangs (Delaque, Goliath, and one other I've forgotten) would make damn good cultist troops as well.
>>
>>54851827
I don't play Dark Eldar, so I have no advice.
You could probably discuss it with other players when you do the thing, that's what our store is doing. Campaign doesn't start for a while, and got postponed by Fate of Konor.
>>
>>54850858
ive been thinking of adding a unit of 6 nob warbikers to my list

you think its worth it? they seem pretty choppy but very expensive.
>>
File: Peak_Performance.jpg (134KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Peak_Performance.jpg
134KB, 600x600px
How many cultists can I take before someone thinks I'm being a WAAC fag?

I really like cultists, and want to run a huge horde of them, but I don't want people to think I'm doing it for the CP or just to win.
>>
>>54851849
Take however many you want to take and reap the shit talking you deserve, you unwashed penis
>>
>>54851842
Shit, those Goliaths look cool.
>>
>>54851841
Rubrics are not [Black Legion], anon.
>>
>>54851842
Fuck yeah, can't wait to see the new Van Saars.
>>
File: 38d[1].jpg (50KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
38d[1].jpg
50KB, 600x604px
>>54851867
>>
>>54851825
I disagree that they look heinous, but there's a big disconnect between the current designs that have a lot of organic elements like the fleshy piping and writhing faces, and the current csm kit that are marines with some fun spiky bits.

The GW photos don't really do the kit justice, they actually look really good in person. There IS a distinct lack of weapon options, however.

The new raptor kit is really nice, I'd love a kit in that vein for a ten man squad with full weapon options.
>>
>>54851867
They can be, don't spread misinfo.
>>
>>54851867
They have the <> thing so i think you can swap the Black Legion word in there.
>>
>>54851867
They're <Legion>
which means they can, like all other cult units, join Black Legion.
>>
>>54851863
>keeps on screeching
>p-precious! I g-got you!
Baby's first visit to 4chan in full effect
>>
>>54851842
yeah, that paint job looks fucking awful

escher vs goliath is an obvious matchup, but I'm down with it.
>>
>>54851886
How did you fix the font on your epub? Mine is dogshit
>>
File: 3158345-8081231535-9673a.jpg (830KB, 886x1266px) Image search: [Google]
3158345-8081231535-9673a.jpg
830KB, 886x1266px
>>54851867
>bait for the bait god
>>
>>54851896
search the thread for a pdf link
>>
>>54851842
>>54851842
I've already mixed my Scavvy gangers into my Nurgle Chaos Cultists. Which means I have all the models I'll even need to do a Scavvy gang. Assuming they don't wait for an expansion to add them in.
>>
>>54851903
Thanks.
>>
So rubic marines are elites for any army? That is kinda sick.
>>
>>54851915
its for black legion.
>>
>>54851896
Readium for Chrome gets it right most of the time, in case of the CSM codex it's only messing up with the bold headers for text blocks, the rest is perfectly legible thankfully.
>>
File: ganger.jpg (58KB, 950x898px) Image search: [Google]
ganger.jpg
58KB, 950x898px
One pic of one of the new gangers
>>
File: 1293165846461.jpg (17KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
1293165846461.jpg
17KB, 324x289px
>>54851842
>plastic gangs to run double duty as inquisitorial acolytes
>>
>>54851877
>>54851880
>>54851886
>>54851887
>>54851900

Fair enough then, i was mistaken. Is it Black Legion only?
>>
>>54851925
I'm more excited about the possibility of a multi-part Arbites kit.
>>
File: FW-OpenDay-Nec4lxqd.jpg (60KB, 950x898px) Image search: [Google]
FW-OpenDay-Nec4lxqd.jpg
60KB, 950x898px
>>54851924
They're a bit too muscly for me desu, would have been nice if they were sexy waifu amazons.
>>
>>54851949
fucking perfect for my space pirates
>>
File: Arbite.jpg (169KB, 774x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Arbite.jpg
169KB, 774x1498px
>>54851943
I'd expect orlock, cawdor and van saar to go first. But yeah, fingers crossed.
>>
>>54851949
I'm 99% sure you could just make your own ganger. I'm gonna make a gang of shotgun preachers.
>>
File: 1502087139292.jpg (31KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1502087139292.jpg
31KB, 493x373px
>>54851929
As long as something has the <LEGION> keyword, you can swap in anything you want, whether it be an existing warband like the Black Legion or some random bum-fuck renegade chapter you've made up.
>>
>>54851949
go fap to eldar, escher are strong independent womyn
>>
>>54851915
They're indeed <Legion> so any army can use them, and other than Legion Traits (and a few restrictions on Marks with specific legions), there are no significant differences between generic Legions.
However, it is worth noting that the Thousand Sons and Death Guard legions aren't included here, implying that they're getting their own codices, with more elaborate rules (and in all likelihood, Rubrics as Troops for the 1K Sons).
>>
>>54851949
Escher were basically 80's-era feminazis. Being muscley bulldykes with swords was basically the design document.
>>
File: Yay.gif (1MB, 440x346px) Image search: [Google]
Yay.gif
1MB, 440x346px
>>54851924
>>54851949
>>
>>54851846
Sounds like a plan to me. The LGS here is pretty small - some of the people there don't even know about Konor.
>>
>>54850945
Duncan is 100% not the source of any official pronunciations. He regularly mispronounces even real existing words.
>>
File: ganger2.jpg (58KB, 950x898px) Image search: [Google]
ganger2.jpg
58KB, 950x898px
"I'm comin' fo' you, wite boi"
>>
>>54851990
I know, I was hoping they'd update the look with new minis. KD style escher would have been fantastic.
>>
>>54851916
>screeching continues
>l-l-lmfao
>>
>>54851849
well all IG lists take 60 conscripts minimum
so 60 cultists should be good as well, chuck in a dark apostle with them and pretend it's 7th all over again
>>
>>54852000
He can't even pronounce fetid properly because of the retarded British spelling.
>>
>>54852006
And you know as well as anyone here that GW would never do something like that.
Too risky for them.

Finely sculpted female figures are the providence of KD and Malifaux, and very little else.
>>
File: FW-OpenDay-Nec3lrx.jpg (86KB, 950x898px) Image search: [Google]
FW-OpenDay-Nec3lrx.jpg
86KB, 950x898px
>>54852002
the goliath kit's going to be something special, I can tell
>>
>>54851849
Cultist hordes are fine. It's fearless cultist hordes that people might feel oppressed by.
>>54852036
a man can dream, r-right?
>>
>>54852036
Yes, GW does amazing business not pandering to the "people" who want waifushit. Congrats, you've been rejected again.
>>
>>54852042
>fearless cultist hordes
chuck in a dark apostle?
I don't play chaos but I told my friend to run it since it was a 7th formation and it was pretty good, he didn't lose any to battleshock iirc
>>
>>54852052
Dark Apostles only share their Ld now. If you want fearless hordes you need either Abadabadoo or the IW warlord trait.
>>
>>54852048
>implying people come to 40k waifus
They come here for the comfy husbandos.
I for one, would love to have farsight as my husbando
>>
File: 523253.gif (185KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
523253.gif
185KB, 320x240px
>>54850858
Are Noise marines worth it for anyone else besides Emperor's children, or would i be better off with some other elite choices?
>>
>>54852006
>KD style
Nah, 40k's all about ugly people being horrible to one another. Hive gangs in particular.

If they get ever around to updating spryers, I would like to see them as clean, attractive and young, though. Would be a good contrast.
>>
>>54852034
Cool but I'm thinking of running around 200 at minimum though with some marines backing them up.
>>54852042
How do you make them fearless? Is it using someone like Abaddon to babysit them or something? Either way that sounds pretty scummy.
>>
>>54852058
So is it any good?
I mean it was only a 500 point game but when I went up against 2 10 man squads it worked out pretty good
>>
>>54852059
>xenos loving trash
Purge'd
>>
>>54851849
are they actually that good? I passed up a 30 man squad for 61 bucks today because I didn't really see why I would want them over my poxwalkers
>>
>>54852072
>200 minimum
with abbadon?
what legion?
what points level?
rest of list?
they painted?
>>
>>54852072
>Either way that sounds pretty scummy.
yeah, just avoid morale boosting shit

If you want to run that many I'd be cool with it, but only if they were all painted. Unpainted hordes are the most depressing shit.
>>
I wanted steel legion

Specialist game should have stayed dead. Nobody gives a fuck after the first month. Look at bloodbowl and Shadow War
>>
Is the pdf I'm looking at here missing the D in both the armoury and Maulerfiend datasheet or did Lasher Tendrils actually get upgraded to a flat 6 additional attacks
>>
>>54852077
>implying farsight isn't best husbando in all of 40k
only emps and sanguinius can be argued to be better but they're dead/effectively dead
>>
>>54852093
It's in my epub too. Looks like a typo.
>>
>>54852048
If I want Waifu Material I'll paint my KD miniatures, if I want cool over-the-top warrior stuff I'll go for GW/FW's Heresy stuff, thank you very much.
Different styles, but I happen to enjoy both.
>>
>>54852088
shadow war was a test for 8th, blood bowl has a vidya tie in afaik
I'm just waiting for bfg to come back so I can whip out my reason for starting 40k in the first place
>>
File: 56hd45.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
56hd45.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>54852002
>>54852041
>Necromunda

It-it's actually happening
I can't deal with this
>>
>>54852042
Dreaming is always an option, but I consider it quite unlikely to come to fruition, they just don't fit in with GWs general Aesthetic, though perhaps they'll make some nice waifus in the form of Blood Bowl cheerleaders?
>>
>>54852084
No.

Either Emperor's Children or Word Bearers.

1500pts - 2000pts

Backed up by foot slogging marines, mainly chosen, noise marines/possessed depending on legion, led by a Dark Apostle or Lucius the Eternal.

I'll have the money in a couple of weeks. Won't play a game until they are painted.

>>54852085
Would the Dark Apostle count as scummy in that case? If so I'd probs switch him out for an Exalted or something but good to hear.

Like I said above, not playing them until they get fully painted.
>>
an exalted champion would be the go to warlord if my list was primarily close combat, correct?
>>
File: 6f2.jpg (372KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
6f2.jpg
372KB, 710x508px
>My hopes of a Steel Legion/Ork release come crashing down

Necromunda is kind of cool I guess, I dont want to play it tho
>>
>>54852006
That would be fucking stupid.
>>
Can someone tell me what Necromunda actually is?

from what I've heard its a larger version of Shadow War with more depth in all of its pre and post-game systems, yea?

In that case, what are these factions and models they posted? Can i use the models/factions i already own to play (Similar to how Shadow War did it)?

lastly, I wonder what those necromunda models can be used as outside of necromunda- are they more associated with the imperial guard or what?
>>
my 2k pt DG army needs some speed and I am thinking about getting a forgeworld storm eagle, does anyone have opinions on those?
>>
>>54851521
Don't nids and sisters get beaten in their own books?
>>
>>54851949
There's the laspistol from the rumor mill, bye bye Steel Legion!
>>
>>54852125
Exalted Champ, Chaos Lord or Dark Apostle would be your best choices.
>>
File: 1434500934185.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1434500934185.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>54852063
>mfw Alpha Legion Noise Marines are better than Emperor's Children Noise Marines

Anyway Noise Marines are awesome. Then only ones that can avoid taking them are Iron Warriors, because they already ignore cover by default.
>>
>>54851949
>>54851924
>>
>>54852159
Just give me no Sargent 30 Cadian boxes. I don't care about other regiments.
>>
Someone said there is a PDF of Codex Chaos Marines? Where?
>>
>>54852041
holy shit dat metal as fuck axe.
I must have some.
>>
What Aspect Warriors would work best as mercenaries in a DEldar army?
>>
>>54852150
I know people bitch about 1d4 but its a pretty good rundown in this instance

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Necromunda

Basically underhive gang war skirmish, big on keeping track of your individual dudes; maybe one guy gets a flesh wound in last weeks shoot out and is laid up for a while, while his mate knifed some guy coming around a corner and learned a new trick to twisting the blade; that kind of thing.

Fun if you can get a campaign going, and I'm optimistic the GW stores will run some at least early on in the release schedule

The models they posted are two of the gangs, each has its own gimmick and style, you've also got outliers like cults and mutants and arbites as factions.
>>
>>54851842
Those minis look like shit and there's probably about a 1000 different 3rd party options that look better, but hey, at least it's something that isn't space marines.
>>
>>54852124
The dark apostle is not scummy.
>>
>>54851949
>>54851924
I've been looking for some Escher for years.
The prices where always too violent.

Now they are back.
>>
>>54852088
probably a regional thing but the local GW is still running a bloodbowl league Wednesdays. still gets good attendance.
>>
Should I buy the chaos index or wait for the KDK book?
>>
>ANOTHER specialist game that can slow down FW's release schedule

This and staying with 7th literally killed Horus Heresy
>>
>>54852150
>from what I've heard its a larger version of Shadow War with more depth in all of its pre and post-game systems, yea?
Pretty much.
It's set on a hive world called Necromunda. It's in the same universe as 40k, but none of the armies you're familiar with. The gangs are mostly houses of Hive Primus (house Escher, Cawdor etc) plus some unusual ones like scavvies (underhive dregs). Think a combination of Mad Max and urban cyberpunk for the general atmosphere.
>>
>>54852041
How do they get such rich tones and depth in those metals
>>
>>54852124
if half (200 is 1000 points) or more of your army is conscripts that's waac and if you into a pickup game with that unless your opponent also brought a waac list then it's pretty bullshit.
Fine for tournaments but for casual/pickup games 25% of your army as conscripts is a reasonable limit.
>>
>>54851925
I have no more semen to give
>>
>>54852159
This is a pretty good consolation prize
>>
>>54852195
>horus heresy
wrong general
also
>fires of cyraxus when
never, even less resources given to it compared to HH, now go back to hhg
>>
>>54852207
try harder anon
>>
>>54852150
>Can i use the models/factions i already own to play (Similar to how Shadow War did it)?
no

Shadow war IS necromunda, just with the main armies instead of the hive gangs.

You could easily port some of the pre/post game stuff from necromunda to shadow war if you wanted to, but hive gangs don't operate on the same level as the shadow war kill teams. It's scraggly scum battling it out.

The arbites only got half their patrol in any given game, because guys stomping around with tricked out bolt guns and carapace armour were a big fuckin' deal.
>>
>>54852194
>KDK book
I seriously doubt they will be a thing again.
If they are, then not any time soon.
Buy the Index/Codex
>>
Literally the only good thing about necromunda is that it might mean new arbites figures

nobody gives a fuck about specialist games
>>
>>54852180

But what sets it apart from Shadow War: Armageddon other than setting?

Shadow War had similar things like head wounds and acquired skills albeit I bet they're simpler versions than what Necromunda would bring, but I don't mind the simplicity if it lets me focus on the game.

I don't like these models at all. I want to play 40k, not Mad Max
>>
>>54852200
https://mageknightkevin.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/tutorial-weathering-metal-armor.html
This is a good tutorial for the steel bits. I don't like the way he did the bronze (too shiny imo) but the techniques he uses are nice.
>>
>>54852235
Nothing, because shadow war was basically just ctrl+c necromunda
>>
File: Chem-Hunter_of_Messia.png (69KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
Chem-Hunter_of_Messia.png
69KB, 250x311px
>>54852187
Awesome! Always thought the idea of a Dark Apostle leading a bunch of cultists was cool, so I'm glad to see it's not scummy.

>>54852204
Ah ok, I'll tweak the numbers a little then. Thanks for the advice guys.
>>
>>54852227
arbites sound fun, might start them up for necromunda, are there still models for them or do I need to wait for FW to release the new ones
>>
>>54852235
More in-depth campaign rules, item upgrade system, etc. Does it a lot better than Shadow War.
>>
Think we'll get an 8e version of Death from the Skies?
>>
>>54852235
>I want to play 40k, not Mad Max
40k is more than just Space Marines Battle.
>>
>>54852002
He looks like Marcelus Walles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kPqAV_74M

YOUR BLAK BOI GOT HIS ASS PLOWED
>>
>>54852263
and best of all the units make sense and were built for it.
still pissed by stupid unit choices for use in SW:A for various armies which were unfluffy and stupid
>>
>>54852235
>But what sets it apart from Shadow War: Armageddon other than setting?
It was here first. Like, decades ago.
>I don't like these models at all. I want to play 40k, not Mad Max
Well that's pretty much the aesthetic. If you don't like it you don't like it. Fair enough. You've still got Shadow War.
>>
>>54852273
Fighting for more territory in your playgroup is something that will never get old.
>>
>>54852260
SM scouts with trimmed cadian heads and a little greenstuff is a common effective conversion for Arbites.
>>
>>54852265

sure, if i wanted that, I'd play Horus Heresy
>>
>>54852264
no, the "death from the skies rules" are in the main codex and contain extra stratagems and rules.
no one liked or used dfts in 7th due to it being shit
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (149KB, 1197x900px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
149KB, 1197x900px
I am considering getting a Leviathan from a Russian on ebay since forgeworld is a pain in the ass in my country.

Does this look legit or like a recast?
>>
>>54851924
I'm so fucking giddy right now. I can't wait to paint these models up and play with my buds. I hope they don't forget about it, cause they could make shit tons of money and give us a really fun franchise.
>>
>>54852235
then convert your own gang with its own aesthetic, you dork
>>
File: 1502456693733.jpg (50KB, 639x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502456693733.jpg
50KB, 639x640px
>>54851561
Does the codex have all the different detachments listed in it or do i have to download another rulebook just for those?
At work so can't check myself.
>>
>>54852297

they're only in the rulebook under the advanced rules section, but they're easy enough to memorize
>>
>>54852297
All of the detachments are in the main 40k Rulebook. Codexes, as of now, don't have any unique detachments.
>>
>>54852235
40k is Mad Max(plus many other) in space....are you that new?
>>
>5 man squad of rubrics, having one sorc with 1/D3 Smite and Force Axe, three -2 bolters, one Heavy 4 S5 -2 Heavy Bolter and 3+/5++ with bonus against 1D weapons 130pts

Would you take Rubrics as your Elites, anons?
>>
>>54850905
> and to ultimately avenge Horus
What about the whole 'Horus needed to switch condiments 'cause that weak sauce wasn't helping'
Was that just for PR?
>>
>>54852282
Anvil has like a zillion different scifi human guys you could use too.
>>
>>54851924
>>54851949
>>54852002
>>54852041

Man, I hope those aren't snap-fit.

>>54851969
Why not an epub or mobi? Much easier to view on most devices.
>>
Guys seriously, I'm a laptop user what epub reader do I need to read this without losing my eyes or rotating the display and holding my laptop like a book. Using windows. Someone post a good reader in the main post so no one would have to make PDFs.
>>
>>54852352
Make a pact with the gods
Sell your soul for good epubs
>>
>>54852352
simplest on is adobe digital editions, while not perfect it'll work on almost anything
>>
epub is lame
>>
>>54852321
Ok you are new.
>>
>>54852373
better for phone imo so you can search using ibooks
for pc i use pfd since simpler
>>
>>54852352
readium or kobo
>>
File: Artillery.jpg (58KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
Artillery.jpg
58KB, 640x479px
Rate my 1000pt list:
2x company commander
2x commissar
2x 30 conscripts

Sergeant Harker
3x 2 basilisks
>>
>>54851879
I've owned both the 3rd and 4th edition versions of the sprue, and I have to disagree with them being really good. They're definitely passable with a nice paint job, but their age is obvious when you compare them to more recent kits.

I would like something in the vein of Raptors for them, or maybe a cleaner, less ornate version of the Dark Vengeance Chosen. Some new weapon types would go a long way towards differentiating them from loyalists too, since a huge chunk of their infantry weapons are still basically "what the loyalists have, but a lot less of it".
>>
>>54852372
I can't zoom, the size of the font is too small, you can't even increase them.
>>
>>54852340

They're not. Confirmed multi-part.
>>
>>54852386
New and from reddit.
Pls stop you bring shame upon your family anon.
>>
>>54851842
>>54851893

I don't know what's up with the current FW painter. They clearly have technical skill, but the finish still comes off as unnatural. Kind of like they coloured the models in with pastels or something.
>>
>>54852386
There should be a word filter for sweetie desu.
>>
>>54852398
Damn right.
>>
>>54851112

>And cannot deep-strike
>And cost 7 points a model more

Still salty they did not give purifiers 2A
>>
>wants to play dark eldar
>can't line highlight

All my army is doomed to look shit.
>>
>>54852410
Die in a fire
>>
>>54852429
Careful drybrushing son. Edges all over the place.
>>
>>54852235
>But what sets it apart from Shadow War: Armageddon other than setting?
Details, lots of details. Shadow War is a very stripped down version.

>don't like these models at all. I want to play 40k, not Mad Max
So don't play it you seem like you have shit taste anyway
>>
>>54852410
What kind of a faggot thinks (You) is a reward?
>>
>>54852442

That doesn't work for vehicles though. They're all flat panels, no edges to drybrush.
>>
>>54852379
Thanks, Redium works perfectly!

>>54850858
Next OP put redium as an "official" epub reader, for it is the only one with zoom so no one would have to fuck with pdfs.
>>
>>54851924
Do those legs go all the way up?
>>
>>54852429
This helped me a lot. My vehicles still kind of suck though.

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/painting-dark-eldar-and-doing-it-well.html
>>
>>54852429
Dry brush first and then do an all over shade to merge it.

Use a very bright colour or you are going to lose it in the shading.
>>
>>54852439
holy fuck you're autistic
>>
>>54852457
Everyone wants to see (You) because they want someone to talk about their shit, duh. But to be addicted on (You) for no reason is retarded.
>>
>Grey Knights use older patterns
of helmets – known as Crusader
helms
does that mean I can use them for my dudes and have it look feasible
>>
File: 1482802791131.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1482802791131.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>54852448
One that says all sorts of weird babytalk type of shit, apparently. Also, some people like attention.
>>
File: judge-dredd-header.png (121KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
judge-dredd-header.png
121KB, 420x280px
>>54851943
Were Arbites a part of the original Necromunda?
Because I'll happily wait for them, Judge Dredd was my first and still my favorite comic and I've always wanted to play Arbites in some way
>>
>>54852000
To be fair, Abaddon is a 'real' (pre existing) name.
>>
>>54852482
yes.
>>
>>54852035
Tell me again how you spell aloominum.
>>
>>54852506
>>54852520
nobody thinks you're funny if that's what you were going for
>>
>>54852443

I prefer the xeno races and their interaction with the imperium rather than the imperium themselves
>>
>>54852048
Preach. Weeabos fuck off.
>>
>>54852509
yes
>>54852518
isn't it the name of the place where souls are obliterated?
>>
>>54852544
I'm calm, I'm just disgusted by you
>>
>>54852235
Is this bait? Or are you a 14 year old?
>>
>>54852509
>Were Arbites a part of the original Necromunda?
to start? no

And enforcers weren't especially well balanced compared to regular gangs. Playing nothing but them got real boring quick, since they ignore much of what makes up necromunda as a game.
>>
File: what is this.png (55KB, 248x538px) Image search: [Google]
what is this.png
55KB, 248x538px
>>54852559
would you kindly just fuck off?
>>
File: witty.jpg (20KB, 460x266px) Image search: [Google]
witty.jpg
20KB, 460x266px
>>54852578
You aren't really mean, just cringey.
>>
>>54852002
>>54851949
Wow GW could you pander any more to the roadkill crowd? Bonus points of the girls have weak effeminate boys they boss around
>>
>>54852569
>>54852587
Stop replying to shitposters, anon. Please.
>>
File: 1336384572409.gif (263KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1336384572409.gif
263KB, 500x300px
>>54852594
nah
>>
Do you guys think this announcement will introduce a new sub-faction to 8th edition proper?

I'm all for new necromunda, but in terms of smart business decisions- it would be a shame if these models couldn't be ported directly into 8th edition
>>
>>54852637

Nope. Necromunda and 40k will not be cross compatible.
>>
>>54852645
Arbites might be. Gangers won't.
>>
File: Xvrw1.jpg (502KB, 1748x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Xvrw1.jpg
502KB, 1748x1460px
>>54852595
roadkill crowd?

>Bonus points of the girls have weak effeminate boys they boss around
House escher's had weak and useless men to bully since '95. It's what made them into the "womyn stronk" caricature in the first place.

anyways, house goliath all day erry day. It's not often you get to use Dave Ryder's names and have it be completely accurate in-universe.
>>
>>54852637
they make fine cultist models
>>
File: kalJ.jpg (91KB, 464x640px) Image search: [Google]
kalJ.jpg
91KB, 464x640px
IMPORTANT NEWS FROM DAKKADAKKA:
No new terrain in box
4 Gangs done already
Based on 8th edition but detailed up
Alternate activation not UGOIGO
Leaders and heavies can group activate, frostgrave style
Juves on their own may bottle it
Intelligence, willpower and cool stats from RT return!
Full campaign and skills
>>
>>54852637
Yeah, GW is totally known for their smart business decisions.
>>
>>54852637
inquisition, cultists, guard irregulars. not a direct port but there's plenty of opportunity to use them
>>
>>54852685
that doesn't sound promising, but I guess they didn't want to have two similar rulesets out at once
>>
>>54852429
panel lining markers son
easiest shit ever
>>
>>54852679
I think anon's referencing Charlottesville, trying to be 2edgy4u or somesuch
>>
>>54852685
:/ not loving that but I guess we'll se when it's released. If push comes to shove I'll just dig up the old rules. It's the new mini's I'm more excited aout
>>
So, fellow Daemon players, what are you hoping for in the Daemons Codex?
As a general chaos player I'm pretty happy with the CSM codex, and with the way keywords work it looks like we can use Warp Talons and Possessed in our Daemon armies without problem, as well as the other CSM units with a Daemon Keyword since there doesn't seem to be anything stopping us unless the codex explicitly states "if a model in your army has the heretic astartes keyword lose X bonuses".
Obviously we'll get god specific stratagems, warlord traits, relics, and psychic powers, but what about the Chapter/Legion traits, will we see a god trait? Because it kind of looks like we already have that with the special rules in the index.
They aren't just going to keep daemons as summoning juice for CSM are they?
>>
File: pffft.gif (549KB, 720x534px) Image search: [Google]
pffft.gif
549KB, 720x534px
>>54852679
>Charlie Champdick
>Knota Junkie
>Ribs Rocknuckle
>Spunk Leglamp

I don't know anon, I think they could work for the Escher House as well.
>>
>>54852739
>So, fellow Daemon players, what are you hoping for in the Daemons Codex?

Greater Daemons to have a proper role as a centerpiece of the army
And traits for mono-God armies.
>>
>>54852739
Warp storm stuffs
>>
>>54852754
Well, Greater Daemons already should be a centrepiece, though I guess being easy targets due to their high wound count and the amount of heavy weaponry available kind of makes them pretty easy to kill.
But what could they do to make them more reliable?
As for traits we kind of already have that, what else could we get?
>>54852756
Since the Chaos Boon table became a stratagem I think the Warp Storm table is going to be one too, and judging from how Crazed rule for Helbrutes just became only good things and the only negative thing on the Chaos Boon table is Spawndom, I think we'll see less warp storm table killing our own dudes.
>>
>>54852739
>>54852754
This, I want a greater daemon that actually survives to see combat for once.
>>
>>54852782
I don't own one yet so I didn't even know they were that unreliable.
I was waiting for either a new kit for KoS or I was going to buy the Forge World one.
I'm guessing Lascannons are killing them too quickly?
>>
>>54852285
>base
>>
>>54852777
Yeah, I guess so. I just kinda liked the screwing with everybody each turn warp storm table, made things more interesting at times.
>>
>>54852777
>Well, Greater Daemons already should be a centrepiece
No, they are beatsticks. They do nothing for the army aside a mediocre LD bonus.
Look at the Greater Daemons in AoS instead, with all their cool and different abilities and command traits. They are the core of the army, as they should be.

The real core of the army in 40k 8th are Heralds.

Speaking of which, can we have Heralds doing different things? +1S is fine for Khorne and Slaanesh, but for Tzeentch is just dumb.
Also, it's boring.

I'm sure CSM players would be happy too, to see that proper marked Daemonic CSM nearby the different Heralds makes for different combos.
>>
>>54852854
Tzeentch's got Changeling and Magnus.
>>
>>54852846
I agree, I do hope it comes back in all it's glory, and it'd be more fun and useful like that, and make more sense thematically because it's not like the leader of the daemon army has any control over the whim of the gods.
But I fear it'll come back in a weaker form, like "at the start of each of your turns, roll a dice, on a 6+ roll 2d6 and consult the table" if it's not a stratagem.
>>54852854
I totally agree on the Herald thing, though I do love getting +1 Strength from my Heralds.
I don't really play AoS so I don't actually know what the Greater Daemons do there, but what do you think the Greater Daemons should be able to do?
>>54852866
Magnus is a Daemon and can be placed in a Daemons army but his buff only affects [Thousand Sons] units.
>>
>>54852866
And?

They don't change how Heralds work.
>>
>>54852739
So I recently transitioned to 40k, last time I played was like 2005, and it was fantasy battles. Are daemon prince still a 40k unit? Haven't been able to do research, but have about 2k worth of daemons from Fantasy
>>
>>54851580
>There are FOCs with an HQ and two of any slot as the minimum
It's 1 HQ and 3 of whatever slot.
>>
>>54852886
No throw everything away
>>
>>54852891
but I have 10 furies and like 9 screamers. Everything is metal!
>>
>>54852897
Go away
>>
>>54852886
They are indeed still a 40k unit.
Do you have round bases for them?
I'm sure some of your opponents might not mind but some players frown on square bases in 40k. I think there was a rules reason for it.
>>
>>54852873
>I don't really play AoS so I don't actually know what the Greater Daemons do there, but what do you think the Greater Daemons should be able to do?
Look at the Swarmlord.
He can pick a unit and move it in the shooting phase.

That's an ability you can work with.

Not saying they should have the same ability, but something that works that way.
Pick a unit and let it do stuff. Add a real aura ability and we are all set.

Now you have to decide if you want your huge monster in melee beating some stuff, or you want to protect him if possible to preserve his abilities.

This is the kind of duality that would make them interesting.
>>
>>54852904
>I think there was a rules reason for it.
There's not.
some people just don't like square bases.
>>
>>54852795
Basically what happens to my KoS
>8 lascannons
>5++ save to protect me
>wiped out turn one every time
>>
>>54852900
I'm going to cut off an arm on my 'sorcerer on a disc,' add a bolter, and call my guys Thousands Sons. Might cut off arms on all my chaos warriors (and add bolters). Fuck it
>>
>>54852923
Ok. Please leave
>>
>>54852908
That would be cool.
But how to protect them?
>>54852909
I wasn't certain.
>>54852917
Yeah I figured, it happens to one of my big units every single game when my opponent rips the first turn.
>>
>Old 10 man Rubric squad with Soulreaper: 240pts
>Two new 5 man squads with Soulreapers: 260pts
>>
>>54852931
Nah brother, I'm inspired. You'll see me back here with square based, warhammer fantasy'd, bolter equipped heroes of fucking Tzeentch. Just as he planned.
>>
>>54852936
>But how to protect them?
They have 10+ wounds, so they can be targeted, but if they are not the closer targets in the shooting phase they get 3++.
>>
>>54852950
That would make sense.
Greater Daemons get a rule called "Lord of Daemons" or something that states, "If this unit is selected as a target in the shooting phase and isn't the closest model, it gains a 3++ Invulnerable saving throw."
>>
>>54852936
My local meta has basically devolved in to 100% gunlines and alpha strikes and I don't know what to do about it.
>Gunline thousand sons with prescience landraiders
>Gunline imperial guard
>Gunline imperial fists with maximum devastator squads
>>
File: 1500958339017.jpg (47KB, 704x519px) Image search: [Google]
1500958339017.jpg
47KB, 704x519px
Got the Start Collecting! box for Orcs, Battle for Vedros Orc half, and the Gorkamorka trukk box from Revell for whatever, probably going to convert it to a bigger, fullsize trukk since I believe it's pretty small

What should I probably get from here to get a good base ground for building da WAAAGH?

I don't care much about having a "this is the best for this edition's meta" army but I'd like to at least have a good ground covered so I don't just get shit on

Was also advised I could probably easily turn the single deff dread in the Start Collecting! box to 3 deff dreads
>>
>It's not new Steel Legion

Fug :(
>>
>>54852989
That happened at my LGS too, but only one player did it and he's gonna be away for three weeks now.
I tried to fight him in this weeks Konor campaign, brought my Soul Grinder as a Defiler, my Helturkey, my Land Raider, both my Helbrutes, and borrowed another friends Land Raider.
He brought a shit load of tanks. I didn't know he even owned that many tanks, fucker loves his tanks.
Even with using first turn to destroy three of his tanks he still just had way too much firepower. Plus he has that character tank.
>all tanks reroll 1's to hit
fuck sake how am I supposed to deal with that, I don't want to buy a bunch of Chaos Predators and Vindicators but honestly it seems like the only way to compete with people like that.
>>
==Grey Knights= [1000 P]

Patrol Attachment +1 CP [610]
[HQ] Brother Captain Stern - 157
[TR] Strike Squad - 105
5 Nemesis Force Sword
5 Storm Bolter
5 Frag Grenades
5 Krak Grenades
5 Psyk-Out Grenades

[TR] Strike Squad - 105
5 Nemesis Force Sword
5 Storm Bolter
5 Frag Grenades
5 Krak Grenades
5 Psyk-Out Grenades

[SP] Apothecary -90
Nemesis Falchion
Frag Grenade
Krak Grenade
Psy-Out Grenade

[HS] Purgator Squad - 153
4 Incinerator
1 Storm Bolter
1 Nemesis Force Sword
5 Krak Grenades
5 Frag Grenades
5 Psy-out Grenades

Patrol Attachment +1 CP - 373
[HQ] Brotherhood Champion - 115
1 Storm Bolter
1 Nemesis Force Sword

[TR] Terminator Squad - 258
4 Storm Bolter
1 Psycanon
5 Nemesis Force Sword

-983-
5 CP

How do I squeaze in more points?
>>
>>54853028
>pagk
What are you, a fucking faggot?
>>
>>54853031
Yes.
>>
>>54853027
>fuck sake how am I supposed to deal with that, I don't want to buy a bunch of Chaos Predators and Vindicators but honestly it seems like the only way to compete with people like that.
This method usually not worth it. Just avoid playing with him.
>>
>>54853028
>No halberds
WHAT?
>>
>>54853027
Yeah.
>landradier with 4 lascannons, 2 heavy bolters, a combi-plasma and a havoc launcher
>hits on 2s rerolling 1s
>>
>>54852380
Pretty bad, you only need one company commander for two squads.
Might as well run platoon commanders.
same for commissar if you put him in between.
Basilisk are not as good as manticore.
>>
>>54853062
But I want to beat him, but I don't want to beat him by using a shitload of tanks.
>>54853067
I actually did that, Daemon Prince next to my heavy vehicles so I could reroll 1's and casting Prescience on the Defiler.
>>
>>54853028
Drop the apothecary, he's not worth the points if you dont run paladins.
Get your purgation squadna rhino or razorback fr christs sake, they cant even use gate of infinity to have mobility since xou gave them incinerators.
Use paladins instead of terminators, they are more costeffective.
Get some longrange fierpower, even a single lascannon-missledread withastral aim or a lascannon razorback for your purgation squad would help this list so much.

....also, kudos for not using dreadknights . You have my everlasting respect and thanks for that.
>>
>>54853027
Charge his tanks. Most of them can't shoot after falling back, so that will remove a lot of his fire power. Deepstrike units and Helldrakes are best for that.
>>
>>54853027
With Pile In and Consolidations you should be able to block a lot of his tanks with the Helturkey.
>>
>>54853113
I did that too, had terminators, warp talons, and some possessed for that.
My heldrake failed it's charge roll, so did the terminators.
My possessed and warp talons managed to lock some tanks in combat and my daemon prince actually ripped one of his flyers in half.
But he just had too much firepower.
>>54853132
Tried that. I couldn't lock enough things in for it to matter.
>>
Ok, as we all know codex entries supercede index

This is from the chaos codex:
>The Death Guard, Thousand Sons and Fallen deviate significantly in terms of organisation and fighting styles. As a result, you cannot choose one of these keywords when determining which Legion a unit in this codex is from.

1k sons and DG are now pretty much unplayable until their codex is out, as they only have access to units that were not reprinted in the codex.
>>
I have pack of dire avengers, pack of guardians and a farseer, what should I Get next for my Eldar army?
>>
File: Tau 1k.png (52KB, 746x680px) Image search: [Google]
Tau 1k.png
52KB, 746x680px
Me and my friend played our first game of 40k yesterday, I'm playing Tau, my friend is playing CSM/Khorne demons, but he only brought Khorne demons. We did a 500 point game and this is what our lists looked like:

My Tau: Cadre Fireblade HQ, 10 Fire warriors, 1 Hammerhead with Railgun, 3 Crisis suits with 2x Plasma Rifle and Advanced Targeting Systems.

His Demons: 2 Squads of 10 Bloodletters, 5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne, 3 Blood Crushers.

I got completely stomped, I didn't have enough shots to kill his infantry. Should I take off ATS and replace them with Flamers on my suits? I know I should get another squad of 10 Fire Warriors but I feel like I need even more anti infantry. I also have a Riptide and Ethereal in my collection which I didn't bring, and Riptide is kitted out with Ion Accelerator and 2x Fusion Blasters. I have enough anti tank, so I'm guessing I need more anti infantry.

Pic related is my collection as a 1000 points list, apart from 10 more Fire Warriors, I was thinking of adding 2 squads of 5x Pathfinders as I currently have no Markerlight support. After that, I'm lost on what I should bring. I was thinking of getting either a Ghostkeel, kitted out to destroy infantry, or a unit of Crisis Suits who are kitted out for anti infantry. I'll also likely be replacing my Ethereal with a Commander with 4x Fusion Blaster, I hear that's scary and I really like Tau Suits.
>>
what sort of shit should we expect from the Thousand Sons Codex? heaps of sorcery shenanigans perhaps? a new unit? access to more units from the CSM codex?

i only started collecting warhammer a few weeks ago and chose 1k sons so im pretty stoked that theyre getting their own codex. have currently only painted 3.5/10 of my rubrics because the gold detail takes me so fucking long to get right and then having to patch up the mistakes.

also, what is a good loadout for a hellbrute? they seem to be much better suited to anti infantry by giving them a scourge and a heavy flamer on their fist. are they even suitably capable of getting into melee range or do they struggle to get there?

also notiiced from the CSM codex that the defliers went from 16 to 11 PL, that is a huge decrease are they any good and were just really overpriced or are they now are a bargain?
>>
What's the best model to use as a base to make my own Black Templars captain?

The normal Captain model is Ultramarines as fuck.
>>
>>54853189
>tfw started thousand sons recently as well

no idea about anything at all but I'm enjoying putting the models together
>>
Terminator Armour or a Jump Pack; which is better for a Night Lords Chaos Lord with the Black Claws?
>>
>>54853189

Making the army actually playable

see: >>54853175
>>
>>54853189
>new spells
>Warlord Traits
>Strategems
>Relics
>updates to units
>new units
>>
I like how the new fluff about Konrad doesn't explicitly state that he's dead.
>>
>>54853189
I expect the literal same traits the GK have (+1 to cast and deny) and a lot of stratagems from the CSM codex, because GW love copypasting.

Then, of course, a lot of relics and unique stratagems.

>a new unit?
No.
>>
>>54853210
Depends. Are you running terminators? Raptors? I'm doing 1 termo-lord and a DP. Not sure about the claws though, Murder Sword or an Elixir might be better.
>>
>>54853177
Wave Serpent and either Fire Dragons or Wraithguard
>>
>>54853222

>Konrad's head was actually Alpharius
>>
File: 1499955586952.jpg (157KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499955586952.jpg
157KB, 675x1000px
>>54851924
holy moly
>>
>>54853230
Running Raptors. I know the claws aren't amazing but I wanna do some converting.
>>
>>54853227
>>a new unit?
>No.

We'll probably get rules for psychic terminator at the very least, if not something like Heavy/Assault Rubrics squads.

Even new options for termies will be more than welcome.
>>
>>54853240
Then go with a jump pack. Sorc+warp talons sound like a good idea too.
>>
>>54852163

melee world eater plague marines are better than nurgle ones

>2 flails per MSU with 2d3 S6 AP-2 D2 attacks each and wounds spilling over
>>
>>54853222
Well, he wanted to be killed since he turned himself into an villain, the thing he despised, but he also had double personality who was accepting the new himself.
Interesting if true.
>>
>>54853249

You will proly get new rules for a special detachment called Yvraine's Redeemed Sons
>>
>>54853191
Space Marine Commander Kit that's the Old Captain one. Then sprinkle with the Templar upgrade kit if you have it, or DA if you do not.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (45KB, 354x238px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
45KB, 354x238px
>>54853258
You can't take plague marines for WE. Sorry about that.
>>
>>54853191
the local BT player used the sternguard kit and some of the BT upgrade sprue for his characters. they look pretty sweet.
>>
File: 1466528601276.jpg (8KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1466528601276.jpg
8KB, 255x204px
>>54853254
Thank you and god speed Chaos Friend.
>>
>>54853204
im having fun. painting is hard as fuck so much little detail giving me a brain aneurysm trying to do it without making too many mistakes. the first one i painted took me a solid 4 hours. i basecoated all of them last night with blue and got halfway through doing gold on one of them.

i was at my flgs on saturday and was goign to buy a hellbrute but they were out of stock. its just as well i ought to paint everything ive bought before buying any more else itll never get done.
>>
>>54853274
Are you planning on an -Ld bomb? 2 squads of raptors with an Icon of despair and a lord bring enemies to -5. Shoot with a butcher cannon from a decimator and it's -7. Give warlord the Lord of Terror trait and laugh.
>>
>>54853282
my army is pretty small at the moment, need to finish my rubric marines and then i might buy some other stuff, need to get paints and brushes as well, honestly dreading the painting part, im sure my first guys will come out a complete mess but in time ill get the hang of it, hope you can get round to playing a game soon enough and have plenty of fun
>>
Putting together mono-Tzeentch Daemons list mostly from start collecting boxes and a few nice Ebay deals. Other models I have on hand include 10 more Pink Horrors and another foot Herald. Have not distributed Staff of Change, Instruments or Icons yet but I could switch out the DP for the other another Herald I have if I need to free up points for that and also have another 10x Pink Horrors.

Any reason to hold back Blue/Brimstone and just let your Pinks split? Seems like summoning or split mechanics aren't as good as just having them on the board turn one.

1963/200 pts
Brigade Detachment
9 + D3 CP

Character [836pt]
1x Kairos Fateweaver
1x The Changeling
1x Daemon Prince [Wings, 2x Talons]
2x Herald of Tzeentch (on foot)

Heavy [276pt]
1x Burning Chariot of Tzeentch (Exalted Flamer)

Elite [252pt]
3x Flamers of Tzeentch
3x Flamers of Tzeentch
3x Flamers of Tzeentch

Fast Attack [279pt]
3x Screamers of Tzeentch
3x Screamers of Tzeentch
3x Screamers of Tzeentch

Troops [320pt]
15x Mixed Horrors, 10 Pink, 5 Brimstone
15x Mixed Horrors, 10 Pink, 5 Brimstone
10x Blue Horrors
10x Blue Horrors
10x Brimstone Horrors
>>
>>54853309
>1x Kairos Fateweaver

Use Magnus instead, if you can.
>>
>>54853189
>PL

Who gives a shit?
>>
>>54853300

Prime blue, apply nightshade wash to the model, buy sharpie metallic pens and paint in the gold and silver parts, use nuln oil gloss wash on those parts, and u done.
>>
>>54853317
Who keeps spreading this meme?
Magnus' buff only helps Thousand Sons units, in a mono-daemons list he's basically a walking Smite platform.
>>
File: first 2.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
first 2.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>54853300
these are the first two i painted, i was surprised at how they came out because i genuinely expected them to look like absolute shit, but these only look shit if you look really really closely. from a distance theyre tolerable.

i feel like if you actually are concerned about how they will turn out, then you will put in some care into how well painted they are, that was my experience. i was watching tv shows while painting. while i wasnt too good at watching, i was able to listen with no worries and didnt miss anything. its good to do to chill out i find, and my days are long atm so when i can be fucked i like to just paint for a little while while watching movies or something.
>>
>>54853299
I was just thinking of using three raptor squads with the Icons and just charging them in for -9 Leadership, though I like the Lord of Terror idea, might give it a shot.
>>
>>54853337
You don't get Magnus to buff other units, retard. You get him so he can smash face.
>>
>>54853317

Was going to hold off until Daemons Codex releases before I considered picking up Magnus.

>>54853337

I mean, Kairos/LoC are basically walking Smite platforms. Leadership aura on greater daemons isn't that great so Magnus is kind of an upgrade since he is such a powerhouse.
>>
>>54853266
Not him, but the way it's written it seems they actually can take Plague Marines.

I guess it will be faqqed.
>>
>>54852689
Actually, yeah, pretty much. At least since Kirby fucked off. For AoS I can actually pinpoint the precise date the decision-making process turned good again.
>>
>>54853365
Fair enough, he's not cheap.
>>
>>54853266

Codex disagrees
Only limted legions for keyword are DG and 1ksons
>>
>>54853348
Sadly, Raptors ld bonuses don't stack due to wording, same with Icons. 1 unit of raptors or three, you'll be still doing -1 to Ld. And -1 for the icon. And -3 for the chapter tactic in the best case.
>>
>>54853349

Hilariously he gan get a 2++ save re-rolling 1 now.
>>
>>54853372
>>54853384
I completely skipped the
>If they can do so
part. I guess they can.
>>
>>54853372
It was. World Eaters cannot take models with the Slaanesh, Nurgle or Tzeentch keywords.
>>
>>54853392
Nah, he can't use Chaos Boon Table Strategem, sadly.
>>
>>54853378

eBay hawker here, his price has become quite reasonable. $80-85 on average for new in box, can be had for $100 painted on average. For how he looks and what he does on the table, those are good prices.
>>
>>54853389
-5 is huge.
its the difference between a marine squad ignoring 2 casualties and getting fucked after just 1.
>>
>>54853400
See, this anon missed it too.
>Must take KHORNE keyword, if they can do so.
>>
File: fegit.jpg (46KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fegit.jpg
46KB, 900x900px
*hesitantly utters falsehoods, unfunny euphemisms and massive exaggerations in an annoying posh faux-brit accent*
>>
>>54853396

Actually that was FAQd out so only khorne marked or unmarked units could be WE in the index

But now codex is out, and codex say any <LEGION> unit can be anything but DE / 1ksons

And codex overrides index
And plague marines are <LEGION>
>>
>>54853389
Oh. This makes me very sad. I'd assume I'm better off with Warp Talons then. Still, thanks for correcting me.
>>
>>54853408
Run a few Spawn and Belakor, with a decimator or a contemptor with two butcher cannons, and it's suddenly -9. If only there was a good way to annihilate commissars.
>>
>>54853416
Actually nevermind, Warp Talons can't take Chaos Icons.
>>
>>54853410
>Page 45 – Servants of Khorne
>Add the following to the end of this paragraph:
>‘If a unit has the Tzeentch, Nurgle or Slaanesh keywords, it cannot be from the World Eaters Legion.’

Source: Index Chaos FAQ 1.1

Not really seeing how this is so complicated.
>>
>>54853405

He can

To be able to use the stratagem you need a qualifying detachment (so one without magnus)
The stratagem itself can be use on any HERETIC ASTARTES (which magnus is) that is not a DAEMON PRINCE (which magnus is not)
>>
>>54853416
Not really, no. If you have the models(and I do), go 3 MCU of raptors with Icons(1 despair, two wrath) and one squad of talons with a sorc.
Drop within 9", warptime talons closer, charge them first(no overwatch), then attempt charges with raptors.
>>
>>54853432
We are talking about the codex. Unless there is a CSM FAQ, I'm allowed to run whatever the fuck I want. Except, you know, berserkers as troops.
>>
>>54853434
Magnus has Thousand Sons keyword. Thousands Sons can't use Warlord Traits, Strategems and Relics from the codex.

No 2++r1 Magnus for you, anon.
>>
But really, we need an FAQ and soon. Too many questions about index/codex overlap.
>>
File: codex.jpg (141KB, 292x807px) Image search: [Google]
codex.jpg
141KB, 292x807px
>>54853432

Codex supersedes index
>>
>>54853445
Sure, you're allowed to until the FAQ comes out. Just as other people are allowed to walk away and not play you because you're a RAW-exploiting WAAC-fag.
>>
>>54853448
>Thousands Sons can't use Warlord Traits, Strategems and Relics from the codex

Quote?

The stratagem page only says that they can be used if you have a CSM detachment (and yes, MAGNUS cannot be in one, but you can use a separate detachment to qualify)

there is NO restriction on WHAT it can be used on except for the one in the stratagem itself.
>>
File: 1492812596750.jpg (10KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1492812596750.jpg
10KB, 350x334px
>>54853427
>Warp Talons only have 1 wound
>Warp Talons only have 1 attack
>Warp Talons only have 3+ AC

I want to buy badass possessed Raptors, not their shittier version with better weapons.
>>
jesus christ you guys are confusing the fuck out of me
>>
>>54853445

Also except DG / 1kSons rhinos, havoks, or any other unit reprinted in the dex for that matters.
>>
>>54853472
Ok, there are two options here, right? Either codex completely invalidates everything in the index about FOC modification, and I'm allowed to run, say, Noise Marines in a WE detachment (not that I would, they don't benefit from it at all), or I'm allowed to run berserkers as troops(if the index is still valid).
Either way I'm being called a WAAC-fag. You can't win with you people.
>>
>>54851271
It sounded fucktarded and cringey anyway. People aren't going to care about your backstory anyway. Put the model on the table and roll the dice.
>>
>>54853266
>if they are able to do so
>>
>>54853435
Ooooh ok, I get what you're saying now. Shit man, that's awesome. Thanks for the advice and stuff, I've got a dirty Ultramarine player that needs to be given a smackdown at my LGS after he ran Gulliman with shit tons of Devastators
>>
>>54853501

Codex overrides index. But the TROOP slot datasheet was not reprinted in the dex and so is might not be overridden.
>>
>>54853507
It's part of a campaign my LGS is doing.
>>
File: DDz3TXdW0AED1oN.jpg (79KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
DDz3TXdW0AED1oN.jpg
79KB, 750x937px
Is there a new army builder out there? I heard they took the one down, has ther been a replacement yet brahs?
>>
>>54853480
Never. Not while all models pay the same prices for equipment regardless of their stats. It's hard enough to justify the 12 points for a pair of Lightning Claws on a Chaos Lord with 4 attacks and 2+ WS. On a 1A model, they're prohibitively expensive.

That's what I liked about 3.5 Ed, where non-Characters got a discount on wargear.
>>
>>54853530

Battlescribe but it's shit tier

Otherwise pen and paper or notepad++
>>
>>54853524
Apparently they said something on facebook about it not being valid anymore, but it's facebook so it doesn't really matter.
Most playtested edition my ass. Index was just another attempt at a cash grab.
>>
>>54853530
Use a spreadsheet you lazy hack.
>>
>>54853524
I doubt it. They're specifically trying to avoid p2w this time around and "hey you can run them as troops but only if you buy this 20 bucks index on top of the codex" is pretty explicitly p2w.
>>
>>54853538
>Index was just another attempt at a cash grab.

It was get you by rules so everyone could play right away.
>>
>>54853524
>But the TROOP slot datasheet was not reprinted in the dex and so is might not be overridden.
C'mon, don't be that guy.

Their intention was clear.
Jes Bickham said in the streaming that they are no longer troops and it was intended that way.
Unless the team changes his mind in an errata, they are gone.
>>
File: Tangent's in 40k.png (1MB, 1278x684px) Image search: [Google]
Tangent's in 40k.png
1MB, 1278x684px
>>54853413
make way for the best 40K related channel
>>
>>54853538

1kSons and DG are in an even worse position.

ALL <LEGION> units in the codex CANNOT be from DG and 1kSons

No rhinos, no hellbrutes, no predators no normal marines.

You are stuck with datasheets not reprinted in the codex, forgeworld stuff and units that already have the 1kSons keyword
>>
>>54850905

Any link to the ebook by any chance?
>>
>>54853538
Of course it was. If they'd been earnest about "just wanting to get everyone up to speed" then they could have done the same as when AoS dropped and released all rules as free pdfs.

>inb4 but then we'd have joke rules
>>
>>54853562

So 1kSons now cannot even run rubric marines until the index comes out

Nice
>>
>>54853565
Did they find those couches at the dump?
>>
>>54853579
He talked only about CSM.

DG and TS will have their cult units as troops... probably.
>>
>>54853579
1kSons don't have rules so they can use the index.
>>
>>54853596

Will, maybe

Right now they cannot have them even as elite.
>>
>>54853602

except every unit in the index that has been reprinted is now superceded by the codex version

And the codex ones cannot be 1k sons
>>
>>54853602
Nah, fuck that nose, i get to use my MSU Rubrics and everyone who doesn't like that can go and eat a dick.
>>
>all this misinformation
>>
>>54851105

Basically just take an Emperors Children list instead, since sonic weapons ignore cover anyways and you can cramm a shit ton of noise marines and sonic dreads into a list, CSM and cultists with IW tactic suck but with EC are pretty good in melee since they can get a 5+ FnP save from their sorcerer and get bonus attacks when they kill stuff with their stratagem, and those attacks will trigger DttFE on a 5+ with slaanesh banner and they always hit first.

Or run an IW army of Thousand Sons troops (PA and Termies) since their weapons have good AP values which will stack with the ignore cover
>>
>>54853616
>except every unit in the index that has been reprinted is now superceded by the codex version

For Chaos Space Marines, but not 1kSons.

>>54853619
No, you use the index until you get a codex.
>>
>>54853619

Sure, you do

You just need to give them the <World Eaters> or <Emperor's children> keyword
>>
File: baby_crying.jpg (25KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
baby_crying.jpg
25KB, 570x380px
>1ks and dg players in the thread right now
>>
>>54853640

At least DG will get the dex soon

1KS are gonna be cucked for months
>>
>>54853627

CLEARLY THE WORK OF ALPHA LEGION POSTERS
>>
>>54853652
You still have Magnus.
>>
File: OrcHx.png (617KB, 906x921px) Image search: [Google]
OrcHx.png
617KB, 906x921px
Rules questions, did I do this right? Because it seemed like a rape train;

Ynnari Eldar
>Warpspiders move up under Guide, Fortune and Doom on an enemy Plague marine unit, wipe the unit (along with some other shooting)
>Warpspiders get charged by some stuff, survive mostly intact
>My turn, I fall back with Warpspiders out of combat
>Farseer Guides them again, Dooms second unit
>Yvraine moves up and does Word of the Phoenix which allows them to immediately shoot even though they fell back

That was.....really fun and really good.

Also, Wraithguard with D-Scythes seem like freaking rape trains. Soulburst on them, along with overwatch, falling back and still shooting...that's awesome.

And it specifies ANY unit destroyed makes them soulburst, so Wraithblades can charge in, wipe a unit, then turn around and charge again?

Sorry for many questions ,new to Eldar and haven't played 40k in ages.
>>
File: IMG_20170813_090018.jpg (166KB, 957x635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170813_090018.jpg
166KB, 957x635px
Night Lords anon here. She's all finished
>>
>>54853652

Won't stop 1KS from continuing to wreck face with Magnus.
>>
>>54853417
>If only there was a good way to annihilate commissars.
renegade snipers.
>>
So, to sum it up

>World Eaters plague marine are better than Death guard plague marines

>No more special marked units as troops

>DG and 1KS unplayable
>>
File: IMG_20170813_090159.jpg (131KB, 768x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170813_090159.jpg
131KB, 768x708px
>>54853669
And the top. First time free handing anything that wasn't lightning. I think it turned out alright.
>>
>>54853536

What's wrong with Battlescribe? Once you figure out how child/parent roster building goes, it seems great.

Although the print outs are shit.
>>
File: 9de.png (515KB, 1256x1244px) Image search: [Google]
9de.png
515KB, 1256x1244px
>>54853664
>>
File: 1500235617845.jpg (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500235617845.jpg
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>54853652
>>54853638
>>54853633
>>54853616
>>54853604
>>54853602
>>54853596
>>54853579
>>54853567
Wee! Happy Doomsaying Grognard Day everyone!
>>
>>54853663

Yep, considering running magnus and a world eaters plague marines detachment for potential 2++ invuln and maximum lore rape
>>
>>54853690
Wait, how does that work?
>>
>>54853707

with meme magic
>>
>>54852195

Those big buys with the revolver guns will be perfect for a gun tribes army I wanted to put together to support my WE.

Geneforged + Feral warrior blobs of Grenadiers with Bolters here I come
>>
>>54853690

World eaters:
lord
3 5x plague marines (2 fails, 2 axes, 1 PF each)
2 rhinos

World eaters:
champion
1 5x plague marines (2 fails, 2 axes, 1 PF each)
2 9x zerkers (9 axe/sword, 1 PF/sword)
2 rhinos

1KS
magnus
>>
>>54853707

Magnus is not CSM as defined in the dex

Any CSM detachment allows you yo use CSM stratagems
The stratagem itself only restricts to HA keyword, so magnus can use it
Psychic power do not have the CSM restrictions at all

Run a CSM detachment
Kill a character with magnus
Use stratagem
Roll a 7 or 9
Permanent +1 invuln
Cast the tzeench psy power
Additional +1 invuln
Enjoy 2++ reroll 1s
>>
File: ru0ff3fhk8by.jpg (183KB, 799x693px) Image search: [Google]
ru0ff3fhk8by.jpg
183KB, 799x693px
Can we not have EU in the next campaign? Their Marinefagging is spoiling everyone's fun. It would be nice if the results were a little closer.
>>
>>54853759
Chaos is winning in the UK right now though.
>>
Why are you sick fucks keeping this poor thread alive?
Let it shrivel up and die already
>>
>>54853774
Exactly. But overall they are losing because of EU faggery. If it was just US and UK, it would almost be even.
>>
>>54853850
>>54853850
>>54853850
>>54853850

Migrate
>>
>>54853759
>>54853795
>People shouldn't be allowed to play in a campaign because you don't like the result
Pathetic
>>
>>54853663

I have a few thousand sons I bought just for the models, and whilst they seem pretty good I can't say I'm motivated to bulk up my force before they get their codex.

More importantly, I have precisely zero interest in buying a knight sized daemon prince who doesn't fit in with his troops.
>>
File: yep its heresy.jpg (110KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
yep its heresy.jpg
110KB, 500x661px
>>54851308
>>
to everyone responding to >>54851550

shut up .. shut the fuck up

yes you're right they are useless.

Send them all to me right now. i'll take care of the situation.
>>
>>54851713
>louder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKUa0iREwE
>>
>>54851867
Not all ruberics are thousand sons. Not all thousand sons are rubericks.

just like:

Not all khorne bezerkers are world eaters . Not all world eaters are Khorne Bezerkers.

rince repeat .. replace chapter and infantry type.

here is a template for you:

Not all are . Not all are .
>>
>>54851925
>>plastic gangs to run double duty as inquisitorial acolytes

you are now aware a game much older than sisters of battle is being re-released with plastic models BEFORE PLASTIC SISTERS OF BATTLE.
>>
>>54851949
STOP BODYSHAMING WOMYN .. I BET SHE HAS A VERY FEMENINE PENIIS
>>
>>54852002
>"I'm comin' fo' you, wite boi"
>>54852041

Well fuck i just found my new Chaos cultist models.
>>
>>54852685
>IMPORTANT NEWS FROM DAKKADAKKA:
>No new terrain in box
>4 Gangs done already
>Based on 8th edition but detailed up
>Alternate activation not UGOIGO
>Leaders and heavies can group activate, frostgrave style
>Juves on their own may bottle it
>Intelligence, willpower and cool stats from RT return!
>Full campaign and skills

i just want to know if the weapons are going to be like 8th edition or more detailed like they were in the original necromunda/2nd edition (bolt pistols got +2 to hit ect)
>>
File: steel legion.jpg (81KB, 580x631px) Image search: [Google]
steel legion.jpg
81KB, 580x631px
>>54851949

well there's the laspistol from the sneak peek last week. Steel Legion rumors about the pistol were wrong, it seems.
Thread posts: 593
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.