[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 34

File: Biomantic Mastery_C15.jpg (271KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Biomantic Mastery_C15.jpg
271KB, 672x936px
"Not All Who Play Simic Are Lost" Edition

Last Thread: >>54840465

RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Have you given up on a brew lately? If so, tell me about it.
>>
>>54845026
Get rid of that fucking discord link right the fuck now.
>>
>>54845026
>thread question
The Scarab God. It kept turning into either zombie tribal or UB goodstuff. I just want having fun with it.
>>
why is zada tier 3?
she is so much stronger than that
>>
File: 1502229004326.jpg (21KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1502229004326.jpg
21KB, 240x260px
Great a new thread with no whining combonigger gagging on vamp tech
>>
File: IMG_2963.png (200KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.png
200KB, 500x315px
>tfw two new decks for a 24 hour game day at my LGS
>I thought it was next week
>it's today and my buddies can't go
>I don't wanna go by myself
>>
Which pre-constructed commander deck should I buy, and why? There aren't enough in the '17 set for everyone in my playgroup to buy something different.
>>
>>54845026
I gave up on Oona Rogue Tribal.

Rogue tribal is shaky enough, and I thought Oona creating so many Rogue tokens would be a new angle to push from, but it's just nothing.

Even worse because all the cards for the next two sets that should be Rogues are going to be Pirates instead.
>>
>>54845085
Look, not OP, but reacting to the presence of a Discord link is, well... Honestly pretty Fucking stupid.

Discord arguments in /edh/ have reached the level of stupidity of Quest/Anti-Quest arguments
>>
>>54845131
merin and yidris are good and fun
people will complaint that they are too strong but then they play stuff on the same tier

mizzix is fun with a few upgrades
>>
>>54845123
We're all with you in spirit, ganbatte
>>
>>54845131
Mind Seize, from the 2013 series.
Because it's fucking expensive.
>>
File: 113.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
Im trying to brew this and make it work but its bad, like horrendously bad.
>>
>>54845026
Thread Question: Thinking of giving up on my "make kobolds for Roghahh and sometimes sac stuff to get back with Shizo" casual Prossh deck
>>
>>54845196
>mono-red
>Spirit and arcane focused so the most helpful red/artifact support cards kill your synergy
You poor bastard.
>>
>>54845154
I just report both sides on sight.
Shitposting in the general does way more damage than any number of links i wont click.
>>
>>54845243
Its just a ton of Kamigawa cards and artifact sac outlets, its supposed to be political like "Ill take control of that threat guys and sac it if no one kills me because this decks bad and I dont stand a chance unless people have mercy"
>>
>>54845196
Doesn't even give haste. Good lord that's terrible.
>>
>>54845196
WHY DOESNT HE GIVE HASTE
>>
>>54845026
>Have you given up on a brew lately? If so, tell me about it.

I've started and stopped several. All I really do is build decks, I hardly actually play the game. Seem to enjoy making them than actually testing them out
>>
>>54845026
I wanted to make a Shattergang Brother's Jund Artificer/Artifact/Darksteel Tribal.... but with Stax focusing on MLD with Manaless Dredge, ALL the Mana Rocks, and Land Recovery.

The Price Tag isn't worth the Hate. Although as a side note, please tell me how disgusting you think the deck is?
>>
This guy is super good in Mairsil. He works with your strategy of dumping your deck in your grave and lets you activate your abilities the turn Mairsil comes in, which is super helpful a lot of the time.
>>
Inhavent really gicen up on it, more like necer tried it because its xomplete shit, but ever since I heard they had some npc in a DOTP game with it, Ive always wanted to build red opponents hand size matters type shit. But its just... a total shit show of an idea. There is funnily enough a commander for it though.
>>
>>54845423
And of course I forgot my pic.
>>
>>54845429
I think it'd be easier as a 60-card deck so you can stack up 4 liliana's caress, 4 megrim, 4 blightning etc.
>>
>>54845026
>thread question
Every one. I have a small notebook full of deck ideas that'll never be finished due to my laziness.
>>
File: opfagstalin.jpg (55KB, 294x313px) Image search: [Google]
opfagstalin.jpg
55KB, 294x313px
>>54845026
>Have you given up on a brew lately? If so, tell me about it.

Kaho. Just couldn't find a good package for her.
>>
When are the new cards going up on Gatherer (so they're available on tappedout (so they're available on EDHREC (so I can copy a deck for xmage)))?
>>
>>54845617
>Well, typically we wait until the Wednesday following the full reveal of the set, because Gatherer updates then, and you can see all the cards in the decklists in under their proper type and in a way where you can hover over them or click on them to see what the card does. It's far more useful at that point.
Wednesday.
>>
So Mairsil catches my eye as a semi powerful but not totally fucking gay commander but I'm at a loss on what to really do with him.

I figure I need the following:

>good tap abilities
>good ways to untap him every turn
>ways to make mana/help pay for his other abilities
>ways to blink or protect him, preferably make them built into Mairsil himself

I have no idea how I'm supposed to win with him after making him into the million dollar man.
>>
>>54845686
Training Grounds
>>
>>54845712
Training grounds and illusionist's bracers are two things I already locked in for the deck.

All the creature's with untap abilities are utter shit, there's gotta be a good way to keep him untapped for abuse.
>>
File: 1501703514421.jpg (157KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501703514421.jpg
157KB, 960x1080px
>>54845106
she isnt
people just build her wrong
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/660848#paper
>>
>>54845686
>good tap abilities
Gilded Lotus is probably the best, generating 3 mana of the color of your choice. Apprentice Necromancer is incredibly good. For one black mana you can bring back any creature in your graveyard, Hasted. If you have a Rings of Brighthearth, for 3 mana you can bring back any creature AND Mairsil, Hasted.
>good ways to untap him every turn
Knacksaw Clique will double as your win condition. If you can set up an infinite loop then Clique can be included to mill away your opponent's entire libraries.
>ways to blink or protect him, preferably make them built into Mairsil himself
I've been finding that the strategy above, looping reanimation abilities, is incredibly useful. He's already very weak to grave hate, in truth this doesn't make him weaker. And of course, there's no need to flicker him if you Cage a Quicksilver Elemental.
>>
Alright, help me shave some cards from my Mairsil charge counters deck, I'm at a loss for what to cut without going too low on interaction. Obviously the commander is a stand-in and I haven't made a manabase yet.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mairsil-charge-counters/

>>54845686
Here's the list I'm working on, which will probably have some stuff you're looking for. I'm making charge counter jank though so you can disregard most of that.
>>
>>54845824
>He's already very weak to grave hate
Here I disagree because Wizards in their wisdom gave us the ability to cage from hand. True, it's an inefficent means of getting selection compared to selfmill, but it means that compared to true GY commanders like Meren and Scarab God he's actually got a fairly resilient backup, especially with blue to fill your hand to overflowing.

>And of course, there's no need to flicker him if you Cage a Quicksilver Elemental
Except to get more Cages.
>>
>>54845106
For starters it's because that tier list is shit and the only meaningful thing it does is help you understand cEDH(the decks around tier 1)

Tier 2 is pubstomper tier, and all tiers below 2 are meaningless. IIRC both Uril and depala are tier 3, and that shit is nowhere close.
>>
File: Sea_Barl.jpg (39KB, 325x455px) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Barl.jpg
39KB, 325x455px
Tell me about Barl.

Why did he work with a madman like Mairsil?
>>
>>54845953
That's true. I guess I'm being biased by focusing on a Wheels Looting and Buried Alive build, focusing on dumping Cage targets into your grave. As for my Quicksilver comment, I meant that you need to Cage three cards if one of them is Quicksilver Elemental. Gilded Lotus and Knacksaw Clique will generate infinite mana and mass exile your opponents decks. When you're building your own combo Quicksilver keeps it limited to fewer cards caged.
>>
>>54845299
Because Wizards hated Kamigawa and almost every card in it is worthless. Worse, the few that are even useful are either jank as fuck or so good they're always taken (Jitte, Kodama's Reach)
>>
>thread question
I have gave up building two decks:

>Monoblack goodstuff
I just couldn't make it work. I want a discard reanimator deck and I just couldn't find the right balance of not fucking my draws, versus actually having a boardstate. It's still assembled, but I've given up on making it anything other than a pricey pile of jank. I don't like this deck anymore and it just durdles or shits out 10 million mana.

>Rakdos mid-range aggro
I sorted out almost a full deck. The idea was to use looting effects to pitch a bunch of fatties and then reanimate them with something like dread return, animate dead, or Victimize. If the game went on long enough, I'd just use Rakdos as a cheap beatstick that gives me a better curve. I actually bought a wound reflection and a bunch of cool things like Fork, Puppets verdict and Bathor the defiled. Then I realized I run Feldon and that he's a far better reanimation engine with much less dedication than anything I could hope to assemble, and I have a pretty thorough collection. So I said fuck it and now I'm trying to build monored Neheb as a replacement to Feldon.
>>
>>54845106
Sram is also tier 3, while he's much better - the build listen is also not optimal.
Just look at the list for Jhoira and stuff, or Queen Marchesa, it's a bunch of people that fuck around without actually playing the decks they're discussing (like the majority of the community).
The tier list isn't perfect, neither are the supposed optimal decklists - it's a self made up meta that' very flawed.

And yes I'm actually able to make every deck on the tierlist and do play cEDH before people start shit-posting.

Zada is considerer tier 3 because it's not consistent enough, doesn't have turn 2 wins and does nothing after having zada being countered/kept off the board.
>>
>>54845106
what tier list are we looking at here
>>
File: 1473293498519.jpg (12KB, 236x219px) Image search: [Google]
1473293498519.jpg
12KB, 236x219px
>tfw wotc will never print a skeleton tribal edh precon
>>
>>54846201
Skeletal vampire my man.
>>
File: 1486840235612.gif (298KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
1486840235612.gif
298KB, 379x329px
>>54846201
2spooky4them
>>
>>54846166
how can somone get on to the tier list as the optimal build?
some of these are just god awfual and i play some of these commanders almost religiously
>>
>>54846177
google edh tier list
the first one
>>
>>54846058
Barl was quiet, neat, and unassuming, unlike most of the magnanimous mages of the Conclave. Mairsil, for all his faults, openly appreciated Barl's practicality, and placed the Artificer as his right hand. It was the Dark Age. Calamitous natural disasters, plague, and mage hunters ran rampant, and while Ith had founded the Conclave, he was aloof, while Mairsil was active, trying to improve their lives. To Barl, the choice was obvious. He chose his friend, helping him how he could, and for it he was turned into Lord Ith's Rag Man when all was finished.
>>
>>54846257
The one where everyone is saying they've got no clue what they're talking about in the comments?
>>
>>54846058
He was practical, fastidious, and something of a Big Brother to the Conclave of Mages (in that he seemed to be everywhere and know everything). Presumably, he worked for Mairsil because he was getting something out of the arrangement. After the fall of the conclave, the freed Lord Ith turned him into a Rag Man.
>>
File: 1438560785057.gif (3MB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1438560785057.gif
3MB, 249x249px
>>54846201
>inb4 Skeleton Ship retrain in Rivals of Ixalan
>>
File: IMG_6575.jpg (46KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6575.jpg
46KB, 223x310px
Im trying to build sheoldred big mana and i have a few (x) spells and some goodstuff like sepulchral primordial, geth, chainer, etc but i'm not really sure where to go from here, i definitely like staxy cards like contamination but what else goes well in this kind of deck? What would be the big black mana staples and cute cards like hatred?
>>
>>54846364
on youtube everyone says that niggers should die in the comments
comments don't mean shit
>>
>>54846418
>crowdsourced tier list
>the crowd doesn't matter
Sure buddy. If you make your house out of shit you get a shitty house.
>>
>>54846201
I would love this. Other tribes that I would love to see some love for them are Spiders, Goats, and Homarids
>>
>>54846249
FIrst of all the majority of the people playing magic suck at the game, combine that with the vocal people that love discussing who are autistic and think they're a lot smarter than they're actually are - this is describes the people maintaining the list, I have heavy doubts of them actually playing cEDH themselves without proxies or different views / strategies than the ones they so firmly believe in.
Most of the lists are posted by the people who're responsible for the tierlist anyway.
Like Ydris was listed Tier 1 for months without a decklist until some guy posted his list and it was upvoted a thousand+ times by reddit.
The guy also mentions that Mind's Desire isn't good enough (which is very true), meanwhile all the other blue decks still auto include the fucking card even if they're not storm, since the authors won't put your list up if it hasn't gotten a shitload of backing or isn't playing what they consider to be the best cards.
There was also a shitstorm when Azami got dropped down from tier 1 to tier 3 because of the mulligan change, which in all honesty affected all the non-black decks very hard, with Azami the least (due to her drawing power), she's back in a higher tier now (they introduced the 0.5 tiers after all the discussions) but she's still rated way to low and the list posted is pretty mediocre.

Just a bunch of circlejerkers basically (just like here I guess..), nature of online communities?
>>
>>54846012
>depala
Why, because she comes out early, draws you a bunch of dudes and pumps them and you swing wide real early? I dunno, she doesn't seem amazing to me.
>>
>>54846468
I was hoping for treefolk when I heard C17 was going to be tribal.
>>
>>54846564
I was actually really surprised by Cats, Vampires, and Wizards. I expected WotC to take absolutely no risk and go with Dragons, Goblins, Merfolk, and Zombies. Maybe Elves again if they had absolutely no shame.
>>
>>54846508
>0.5 tiers
>tierlist based on the community opinion
This is all I need to know that it's a shitty tierlist. A true tierlist should be determined from the usage % of competitive tournaments.

The thing is that EDH was not made for competitive, so a tierlist for EDH is stupid, since you just should round up the power of your deck to match your friends.
>>
Alright /edhg/, be it for flavor, staple cards of yours or whatever reason, what's your favorite set?

Hard Mode: Don't say Kamigawa. We all love Kamigawa.
>>
>>54846610
You do realize that Vampires, Dragons and Wizards are safe bets, very popular tribes and people have been making decks with them since forever.. The only surprise was Cats
>>
>>54846610
Same.
>>
>>54846638
Forgot to give my own answer of New Phyrexia.
>>
Need confirmation for this, you can just keep piling up all the creature and artifact cards, and if Mairsil gets bounced or removed, there is no way to remove those caged cards completely, right?

Or is there a way to remove those caged cards?
>>
>>54846629
Apparently there has been discussion to introduce cEDH into the pro-tour..
And agreed with what you posted, like obviously certain generals are better than others, but the tierlists and decklists are very subjective and are heavily based on personal preference of a few people that dictate the list, with the majority of the community being clueless and still discussing things.
>>
>>54845026
im getting the teferi precon, what sort of upgrades can i make to it?
>>
>>54846656
Tfw i got into magic durring theros and not new phyrexia or one of the ravnica blocks.
>>
>>54846412
my sheoldred is all of that + TONS of demons
>>
>>54846508
so what i'm hearing is
>make a super in depth reddit post explain every card to the point of autism
>fill it full of meta memes
>upvote bot
edit* "obligatory gold edit, thanks for all the support, i didn't think i would get this far"
>get in the tier list

sounds easy enough
>>
>>54846638
For flavor, and flavor alone. Homelands. Not even kidding, the flavor text in that set is incredible. Baron Sengir, Grandmother Sengir, Ihsan's Shade, Veldrane of Sengir, An-Havva Inn, Rashka the Slayer, you're getting a sense for this world and its people through the eyes of its inhabitants.
>>
>>54846721
but homelands was shit in every other respect.
>>
>>54846673
Processors.

>>54846696
Exactly this.

>>54846638
Majority is most likely going to say Phyrexia, Zendikar or Innistrad. I'll go with Shadowmoor.
>>
>>54846638
Homelands. God DAMN that setting is amazing. I know it has like 2 useful cards but the worldbuilding is ART. If it had been attached to a playable-to-good set, Ulgrotha would probably be one of our most treasured settings.

After that, Fallen Empires, Ice Age, Time Spiral, and Future Sight are all pretty closely jammed together. NPH is good too and I guess on the right day that could be my answer.
>>
>>54846643
Wizards and Vampires are safe within the realm of people who already play MtG. My point is I expected WotC to go with the absolute least risk possible because normies would all about pop culture meme races like Zombies and Goblins.
>>
>>54846673
>Or is there a way to remove those caged cards?
Pull From Eternity or Riftsweeper will do it, whether or not Mairsil has been answered.
>>
>>54846643
We were all expecting Goblins, Elves, and Zombies to go with the initially leaked Dragons.

Honestly the lineup we got is a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>54846756
Which just makes it hurt that much more.
>>54846771
My friend.
>>
>>54846756
It gave us Merchant Scroll.

And Joven's Ferret's is a fantastic 1-drop.

I got nothing else. >>54846771
What was your second useful card aside from Merchant Scroll?
>>
>>54846638
Alara, I love alara for some reason.

Innistrad and lorwyn are a close second tho I love lorwyns art and setting.
>>
>>54846638
Lorwyn. I love the storybook fairly tale feeling with suspicious dark undercurrent in the Elves and Faeries. Not to mention the set is almost suffocated in synergy and complexity, which WotC ultimately thought was a mistake, but I really loved.

Really I love the whole block together, but to pick one set, it's Lorwyn.
>>
>>54846817
i renember reading that it only happened because two random fucksticks got picked from testing to make the set and they wanted to focus on story, not the set itself.
>>
>>54846696
>people use reddit
why
>>
File: Shimmer.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Shimmer.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54846638
Mirage
>>
>>54846673
There are a few ways to get the caged cards back in the graveyard, but rest assured if someone is playing them their jank is as great as yours.
>>
>>54846638
Lorwyn, and original Innistrad(the revisit looks too rushed). I think I would have liked Theros more if the auras were better.
>>
>Five Color Dragons
>Mardu Vampires
>Grixis Wizards
>G/W Cats

Are cats even that popular of a tribal or is WotC just pushing it for some reason? It just doesn't pop nearly as much as the other three.
>>
>>54846841
It was two random fucksticks from accounting with no experience in game design.
>>
>>54846864
People like cats, and got excited when Amonkhet and HoD had cat tribal stuff.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-174015.jpg (418KB, 1257x2366px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-174015.jpg
418KB, 1257x2366px
>>54846102
>Kamigawa is shit! SHIIIITTT!!!
>>
File: 118.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54846861
At least born of the gods gave us this beauty.
>>
>>54846894
Look up the price for a Foil Japanese Azami
>>
>>54846822
I'll still find room for Broken Visage now and again, it's a solid 2-for-1 and more splash-friendly (and cheaper at full price) than imitator Nemesis Trap.

Spectral Bears and Ihsan's Shade got play back in the day, but they haven't aged well.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (159KB, 606x767px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
159KB, 606x767px
>>54846846
>anti trump and trump keep creating new subreddits and upvote botting them
>everything is politically charged
>rick and morty, the office is all that defines them
>not a place for discussion people just bot and want upvotes
>reposts all the time

what a shit hole
>>
>>54846841
The story I heard was that the Word From Above for homelands design was "Serra Angel is OP" and so they not only designed by that metric, but played it safe by that metric.
>>
>>54845026
I give up on every other idea I have. It is the only way to keep things in check.

I'm probably taking apart Ishkanah soon. Spider, toughness matters, card type matters, threshold, etc. was a fun idea, but it needs so much to work.
>>
>>54846861
I feel like Theros was neutered by Maro's weird obsession with it NOT being an enchantment matters block.

If they had really leaned into what the set wanted to be, I feel like a lot of the underpowered Constellation and Bestow cards could have been propped up by synergy.
>>
Aside from the new commander, what cards in grixis colors did sundial of the infinite break?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-174614.jpg (458KB, 1430x1766px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-174614.jpg
458KB, 1430x1766px
>>54846926
>she'll never be reprinted in a set with foils due to setting and lack of value
>>
>>54846693
Hook me up with that list senpai. How do you like it?
>>
>>54846978
Theros got fucked by a number of things. They tried as hard as they could to avoid Mirrodin and also tried to keep sets 2 and 3 interesting by keeping Constellation until JOU when it really should have been the headliner.
>>
>>54846508
About that Jhoira list. I think cEDH players believe that something like that, which is basically a list of any UR general is still better than using your classic Jhoira list.

It is probably true, but why not use Mizzix if you want to play something like this and why not drop Jhoira a tier below instead? You can play Jeleva storm with a Sol'kanar, and it is still probably a t2 deck, but Sol'kanar is tier 5.

I don't really see the logic, that list is weird.
>>
>>54847010
Sedris and other Unearth cards, Final Fortune and other Red Fake Turn cards.
>>
>>54847010
It's a staple in Feldon, but that's mono red.
>>
>>54846978
I'm kind of new to Magic and I don't get this.
Why is it percieved as a problem if a set becomes X Matters?
Wouldn't Theros be better if was Enchantment City, Innistrad Tribal Land, etc.etc.?
I'd get it if people didn't want it, but for what i gathered it doesn't seem like people hated Mirrodin/Darksteel for being Artifact matters sets.
Quite the opposite.
>>
File: Undenominate.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Undenominate.png
260KB, 375x523px
Would you play a card like this in EDH?
>>
File: fairandbalanced.png (61KB, 431x222px) Image search: [Google]
fairandbalanced.png
61KB, 431x222px
>some retard complaining all over the spoiler pages about the new cards
>this is his suggestion for fixing them

What is wrong with cEDH players?
Why are they playing this fucking format?
>>
>>54847011
She could get a Masters reprint. Unlikely, but it could happen.
>>
File: Image (71).png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (71).png
137KB, 223x311px
>>54847094
does sundial make this stay?
>>
>>54847119
Nah, Sundial only works with stuff that happens at end step.
>>
>>54847119
ment to reply too this
>>54847010
>>
>>54846859
>>54846794
>>54846765

so virtually, you can never avoid Mairsil from continuously piling up cards in his cages then.

Thanks anons
>>
>>54847131
aw
>>
>>54847036
I haven't checked the Jhoira list lately, but the last time I did it was garbage and basically only had a blightsteel in it to win, it's the only UR general that doesn't want to cast as much spells as possible in cEDH.
From experience I can tell you that Jhoira is one of the best cEDH decks (especially multiplayer) due to all the mass land destruction it can pull off easily, and basically being able to function on 2 mana for the majority of the game (after the first cast of jhoira).
All the other UR generals are basically draw / cast as much as possible, while Jhoira only needs to resolve 1 or 2 spells to win the game (from suspend), so you have a very solid and easily to accomplish game planwith Jhoira with very forgiving mulligans, and since you're not digging for combo-pieces half the game you're a lot more free with the way you play the matches.

Now a days when I play cEDH in multiplayer, people refuse to play vs Jhoira (note that the playgroup is heavily powered and very finely tuned with diverse decks).

Also, stuff like Sharuum winning on Time Sieve is a lot more consistent than the ETB combo that's listed as an other example of how biased the tierlist/decklists is/are.
>>
File: not4honourbut FOR YOU.jpg (61KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
not4honourbut FOR YOU.jpg
61KB, 640x321px
i need some help fast boys, im about to get the cards to build this deck. tell me where i fucked up.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/akirithrasios-wip/
>>
>>54847109
>starting the game with a better bitterblossom than noone can remove and a ok-ish general if you want to cast him too

I wish that happened, the outrage would teach Wizards to stop fucking with this format so much.
>>
>>54847094
IIRC WotC wanted to avoid any kind of Type matters set because Mirrordin was a horrible disaster in terms of balancing.

So they despite Theros easily lending itself to being an Enchantment Matters block, they deliberately nerfed the underlying synergies because they just didn't want to risk breaking shit again.

So you end up with a really boring block with underpowered enchantment-related mechanics that don't really work together because they were designed not to.
>>
>>54847094
The problem with full "X Matters" is that it becomes more parasitic.

Now, Parasitism in mechanics isn't, strictly speaking, a BAD thing but when the value of linear builds becomes extreme enough you get into a stituation where innovation and creativity aren't rewarded. Even in Standard, with its small and thus 'easily solved' card pool is more often subject to upsets, sleepers, and so on when overly synergistic designs aren't handing out decks on silver platters. It's interesting you cite Mirrodin, because depending on the circle you're in a lot of people ARE salty about that block because of how it created Affinity.

Add into that the fact that Top-Down designs (ones that flow from the flavor, instead of the flavor being written to fill the mechanics) generally test pretty well and you want to have themes that are present and significant, but maybe not totally pushed and in your face.
>>
>>54847165
Codex Shredder?
>>
>>54847101
No, it's not consistent enough, and if I wanted to play random shit I'd go for RUG

>>54847094
A lot of people dislike a certain type of card or color (in the case of Theros - enchantments), so if you force that type of card onto people for a long period of time, they'll not be happy customers.
>>
>>54846508
desu that's not an optimal yidris storm list, then again - practically all decks there aren't optimal, just like the tier list itself.
>>
>>54847094
>it doesn't seem like people hated Mirrodin/Darksteel for being Artifact matters sets.

As someone who played when Mirrodin was standard legal, the "veterans" I looked up to at the time were terrified of another artifact-based set because of how bad Combo winter was.

Artifact based sets always end up causing problems because artifacts tend to be irrespective of color, and often have ridiculous interactions with other cards which enable broken nonsense.

Lo and behold, we have Kaladesh, which was exactly as insular as a block like Kamigawa (hurr arcane hurr energy), but because they printed some trully nutty artifacts (Marvel, Panharmonicon, Dynavolt...) we got another season of extremely shitty standard while an artifact based set was current.

So I think between Urzas, Mirrodin, and Kaladesh, we're not going to see another one.

And I'm still sour grapes about Splice Onto Arcane not being Splice Onto Instant or Splice Onto Sorcery
>>
>>54847160
In the current list, Jhoira is basically there to cast your enter the infinite win with lab man. The only other big targets are Gitaxias, Blightsteel and Omniscience. Care to share your list?
>>
>>54847094
From what I've seen the real problem is that it means the makers of the next set can't actually design their stuff because it fucks Standard hard. Think Mirrodin, an Artifacts Matter block, which was followed by Zendikar. Zendikar had Stoneforge Mystic, which normally is a very good card. In Standard, with the ability to fetch those oh-so-good equipments, the Swords, from Mirrodin, it was absolutely broken. In order to avoid that then Zendikar's designers would have had to not make Stoneforge, which is a card that /should/ exist.
>>
>>54847109
That's insanely retarded. People already bitch about Oloro and a lifelink token is much more useful.
>turn 1: 1 mana tutor for skullclamp
>turn 2: start your insane value engine
Gee, not game breaking at all.
>>
>>54847165
Needs a Sharding Sphinx.
>>
File: 1499967023503.jpg (173KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1499967023503.jpg
173KB, 625x505px
>>54845026 Thread question: this Dralnu deck I almost had completed because they just printed a (mostly) better version of him. At least I didn't buy a second Phyrexian Tower yet
>>
>>54847215
Urza's block was meant to be the "Enchantment Block" before it became about broken artifacts, which is kind of funny.
>>
>>54847141
I mean, if you get there ahead of time Torpor Orb will shut him down hard.
>>
>>54847265
I had a Torpor Orb in my first draft. "Of course," I thought to myself. "I'm running activated abilities, not ETBs. Why wouldn't I?"
>>
>>54847175
No, Mirrodin made them leery of artifacts matter sets, which they got further confirmation from with Kaladesh. Maro recently said that they are questioning whether they'll do another after those two blocks turned out.
>>
>>54847245
You can untap Dralnu to use him multiple times, and you can use him on your opponent's turns to counter stuff. My friend had a Dralnu deck and it was impossible to play good cards because he always had a counterspell in hand or grave.

On the other hand, he's only U/B, he costs more, and the sacrifice drawback.
>>
File: nextmtgheaddesigner.png (54KB, 426x200px) Image search: [Google]
nextmtgheaddesigner.png
54KB, 426x200px
>>54847233
But listen, by making the Tribal commander proc off his own tribe, WotC has destroyed Edgar's character forever...
>>
>>54847214
As mentioned, I don't agree with the tierlists and decklists either, and that deck got the spot due to upvotes, which was the whole point.

>>54847217
It's currently past 4am and I don't have my current list near me.
I can tell you that I do not play Enter the Infinite / Lab man because it's terrible.
Blightsteel / Kozilek / Ulamog are your main wincons, Omniscience is in the deck because you can flip your deck turn 2 / 3 if you get lucky (have done this through a brago stacks deck with only 2 mana available to me).

As soon as the new EDH decks come out I'm cutting Jin Gitaxias + Sneak Attack (which are in there to disrupt control decks or get a cheesy win) for Shifting Shadow + ???.
I play a lot of counterspells, mass land destruction, few stack effects and a lot of tutors (intuition being the best one since you fetch Kozilek / Ulamog / Blightsteel and let your opponent pick their poison while you reshuffle the other 2 back in). The deck is extremely consistent and fast, the multiplayer games you lose is usually because from turn 1 people are playing archenemy and even then it's usually a very close race if they'll make it or not.
>>
>>54847175
>>54847204
>>54847212
>>54847215
>>54847228
Thanks for the answers, now i get more where the problem lays.
It's quite a hot potato, I'll tell you that much.
>>
>>54847354
Literally who?
>>
>>54847354
He gives too many fuchs about the card.
>>
>>54847354
But I do agree that the tokens should have had something, since most every other vampire token generator makes tokens with either flying or lifelink. It's weird to have one that just makes vanilla vampires.
>>
>>54847245
Dralnu is still better for reactive control and/or Doomsday shenanigans.
>>
>>54847374
Post it here someday when you have time to type it in tappedout slav bro. I'm quite interested.
>>
>>54847437
Dralnu does have the whole "could possibly make you lose everything you have" issue.
>>
>>54847498
Will do, and luckily I'm from the West part of Europe where we do have jobs
>>
File: gru operatives.jpg (243KB, 1280x1364px) Image search: [Google]
gru operatives.jpg
243KB, 1280x1364px
>>54847244
yes, i like this.

>>54847207
cheap artifact that mills myself (i like playing out of the grave) and can also be used as a regrowth. it's also low in power no one ever bothers touching it.
>>
>>54847110
Considering we've gotten shit like Advent of the Wurm, I can see it happening, but I'm still iffy on the possibility if there's not a lot of wizard tribal support in Iconic Masters.
>>
>>54846822

Memory lapse is strong
>>
>>54847528
We do too, the uneployement is actually really low. We just aren't getting paid much.
>>
>>54847299
Haha, genius.
>>
File: 85d[1].jpg (107KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
85d[1].jpg
107KB, 750x750px
Idea for deck: Blinkpires

Take advantage of Edgar to turn every vampire cast into 2 ETBs with cards like Impact Tremors and Purphuros. Then use access to White to use cards like Ghostway and Eerie Interlude to double up again.

You'll be able to protect your board with those blink effects as well so you can actually cast Markov and slam into someone with a fuck huge board as the hail mary.
>>
>>54847618
That's good to hear, let's not /pol/ this thread up tho, first time in a while that the /edh/ general isn't filled with crap, atleast from what I've been seeing..

>>54847589
Memory Lapse is so underrated
>>
>>54847633
Reread Edgar. He makes vamps on cast, not on ETB.
>>
>>54847374
It doesn't have to be 100% current, I'd like to see it as well.
>>
>>54847655
Well, then I guess it's Cloudstone Curio or bust.
>>
>>54847655
I know. My point is that if we're already using doubling up ETBs on cast as a strategy, blinking becomes even better because you get an additional ETB.
>>
>>54847648

Back when homelands came out memory lapse was one of the cards people pointed to to say look how shit homelands is, because obviously they had force spike Counterspell and mana drain at this point so memory lapse seemed totally underpowered, but it ended up over time being recognized as one of the best cards in homeleands
>>
>>54847633
Ghostway / Eerie Interlude don't cause Markov to trigger, Markov's Eminence triggers on Cast not ETB.
>>
>>54847678
They also didn't get that sometimes screwing the draw was more important than sending the target to the gy.
>>
>>54847633
>>54847674
Wouldn't Panharmonicon be more cost-effective?
>>
>>54847694
Okay, let me explain this a little better.

Say you have Impact Tremors and Panharmonicon on the field. You cast a vampire with a nice ETB effect and get a free vampire from Markov.

Do you see how a blink effect is beneficial on this board? Yes, you don't get another free vampire, but in taking advantage of that free vampire, you've constructed a deck that likes blink effect anyway. There is shared extra value.
>>
>>54847678
Homelands is actually not that awful in EDH

Merchant Scroll, Memory Lapse, Arcane Denial (I think), Autocrat. Koskun Falls is quite underrated.
>>
>>54847719
Panharmonicon doesn't go infinite with a free drop.

Granted, that's hard to manifest (Edgewalker + Vamp Cleric + Colorless Reduction or mana-on-etb) but if you do you get infinite tokens out of daddy Markov

Panharmonicon gets you two tokens instead of one. (Also, I'm >>54847674 but not >>54847633)
>>
>>54847719
>panharmonicon more effective for a cast trigger
nope. cloudstone curio and low-cmc vamps is the way to go, with lots of tutors and assurance for if curio gets fucked up. throw in something like spear of heliod as a cheap boost to your tokens and as a rattlesnake/repeatable kill spell.

>>54847751
oooh so you just want goodstuff
>>
>>54847752
Arcane Denial is Alliances.

Autocrat and Koskun are legit though.
>>
>>54847752
Primal Order
>>
>>54847752
I don't think it's underrated so much as we now have the much better options of Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, and Norn's Annex.
>>
>>54847785
>so you just want goodstuff

Yeah basically, but my point was there is some synergy. Building your deck to take advantage of Markov's ability via ETB triggers means blinking intrinsically gets more powerful. I think there's legs for a deck in there.
>>
>>54847785
>panharmonicon more effective for a cast trigger
>nope.
Oh duh, thanks.
>>
>>54847811
Yeah, but it's always there if your general lacks one of that colors and you want that effect. Or if you need more.
>>
>>54847811
Sure, if you are playing blue or white.
>>
Do we do cube discussion here too?

My hot garbage: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/84885

My rules:
This was built from a pauper cube and I'm just throwing in stuff I like now
No tribal
No tier 1 ridiculous bombs
On the cheap side monetarily
No transform
No planeswalkers
No sweepers (with one or two exceptions)

Goals:
Balanced color combinations which don't require you to have one specific card in order to be good. The exception is Reanimator, in that you need some of the reanimator cards... but they're top end, and maybe it's good to have at least one thing to fight over.

Current pending considerations:
>Soratami Cloudskater for Thought Courier
Cloudskater flies, but the looting ability is more expensive. However, the return-a-land has synergy with landfall, which could be useful if you find yourself Temur, U/G, or U/R.

>B/G seems weak, but Reaper of the Wilds seems too powerful
I'm trying to avoid build-around must-haves. Need more sacrifice outlets for this archetype to work, really.

So far, I've had a lot of positive feedback from playing the cube. Every archetype seems to play pretty well, and I tried to make go-wide strategies viable in every color. I tend to like complex board states rather than sweeper blowouts, but there's lots of combat tricks and plenty of removal in each color, while the power level overall remains low.

Suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
>>
>>54847811
>not running Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Norn's Annex, Windborn Muse, Sphere of Safety, AND Koskun Falls
Good luck I'm behind six pillowforts.
>>
File: Image (14).jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (14).jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>54847910
No one remember Kazuul...
>>
>>54845026
Is it worth getting the dragon edh deck, I haven't bought edh before. I've only played with my friends edh decks
>>
>>54847932
I do! I've got him in half my red EDH decks, with his close personal friend Aether Membrane.
>>
>>54847671
>>54847498
Just gonna post from memory, bear with me - it's 4:40 am now..

Gameplan is basically blow all the lands up and get a wincon to stick, or slow the game with stax effects (or blowing up lands and resetting the game in your favour) until you manage to stick a wincon that your opponents will have trouble dealing with.
Ugin, Ulamog, Kozilek (annihilator 4 after mass land destruction is near impossible to come back from) and Blightsteel.
cards I run are:
Dack Fayden
Omniscience
Future Sight
Memory Jar
Sensei Top
Windfall
Timetwister
Time Warp
Temporal Mastery
All is Dust
Obliterate
Apocalypse
Decree of Annihilation
Jokulhaups
Devastation
Crucible
Winter Orb
Static Orb
Blood Moon
Deprive
Counterflux
Memory Lapse
Counterspell
Time Stop
Cyclonic Rift
Mana Drain
Force of Will
Evacuation
Pact of Negation
Mystical Tutor
Personal Tutor
Fabricate
Merchant Scroll
Gamble
Fact or Fiction
Intuition (Kozilek/Ulamog/Blightsteel or 3x Mass LD if you have 1 in hand already)
Ponder
Ancestral Vision
Treasure Cruise
Dig Through Time
Vandalblast
Timecrafting
Fury Charm (this card is amazing btw)
A lot of fast mana like
Ancient Tomb
Fellwar Stone
Mana Crypt
basically all the good low cost rocks
And a solid land base including a Volcanic Island and all possible fetches to reshuffle when needed.

Currently still running Sneak Attack + Jin Gitaxias as well but I'm planning on cutting those for the new Shifting Shadow to get repeatedly one of the Annihilator 4 Eldrazi / Blightsteel out with Haste (just put it on Jhoira).
Hope you guys get the general gist of it.
>>
>>54847880

There was a cube thread up the other day

No sweepers seems weird but I get it
>>
>>54847954
Do you want to play big fat dragons?

If so, yes.

If not then make a different deck.
>>
>>54847954
As a base for a dragon tribal if you have nothing, it's solid. You will need to upgrade the manabase to make it playable though, and a 5 color one could be quite expensive.
>>
>>54847880

I don't like cloudskater really, you don't have enough equipment for me to care about flying on a 2 mana 1/1, Thought courier is better
>>
>>54847970
no clockspinning or new Kozilek?
>>
Does Fact or Fiction count as being sent from the Deck to the Graveyard?
>>
>>54848051
No clockspinning (too slow / mana intensive), New Kozilek and New Ulamog are both in it as well as a consecrated sphinx
>>
>>54847977
>>54847978
Alright I hope it's still functionable without too much improvement thanks
>>
>>54847970
what do you need crucible for? nearly all mld you run would destroy it as well.
>>
>>54848128
No rush, work on it over time.
>>
>>54847976
Yeah I didn't really want people fighting over a few pieces of Mass removal. And I'd also have to slide it into every color which can get cumbersome it's really easy to be the guy that drafts all the wrath effects and just blows out creature strategies. Even blue black needs to have some board presence

>>54848039
That is actually a very good point
>>
>>54848097
The cards don't leave your library during the pile separation process, so yes.
>>
File: en_4pbagZdt6T.png (200KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_4pbagZdt6T.png
200KB, 265x370px
Now we have more than enough to make any tribe playable with all this tech.
Which ones do you think that excels best specific tribes?
Kindred Charge looks very fun in an ETB based tribe like Allies.
>>
>>54848138
Sometimes your opponents go faster (when playing cEDH), think of decks like Azusa that go turn 2 Azusa (or even 1 with Mana Crypt), into something like Horn of Greed.
Or other decks getting a lead over you with artifacts (or having a lot of small creatures like Karador decks), you will have to blow up everything including your own lands, Crucible is for the grindy games which you will find yourself in rather more often than people like to pretend (a lot of the times in cEDH decks won't manage to combo off, or you will be forced into a weird position, in which Crucible becomes massive).
>>
>>54848180
My scarecrow deck is getting a massive facelift
>>
>>54848212
I love hearing stuff like that.
>>
>>54848180
>playable
>around 10ish cards with a total average cmc of 7
Yeah no.
>>
>>54848138
>>54848191
Need to add that you don't just blatently put crucible down whenever you can, for example it's a card to not lock yourself out of the game at certain points as well (float mana in pool > blow up everything > cast crucible is a very solid line for example)
>>
>>54848148

Well sweepers are very powerful, but you don't need them if your aggro decks aren't too oppressive

I too enjoy combat tricks and big board states sometimes
>>
>>54848231
You don't want to play them all.
Kindred Boon is amazing, but it dosen't really deserves a spot in Allies.

Herald's Horn seems pretty solid everywhere, really. Heirloom Blade is amazing with Tokens/Sac strategy, so I guess Soldiers?
>>
>>54848231
I'm sure you're a real fun guy to play EDH with.
>>
>>54848341
>around two or three viable cards per tribe suddenly makes them playable

>>54848350
I'm a blast.
>>
>>54848180
The only one that stood out to me of that cycle was Kindred Discovery. That shit is gonna be drawing like 3 cards just the turn you play it pretty regularly I think, and it continues to draw you probably more than one each turn. I cant believe they made it work on etb AND attack. Id been kind of himming and hawwing about building UW Spirit tribal, probably with Brago due to his synergy with Innistrad's spirits, and that may solidify it for me. Its a pretty big boon for any blue tribal deck.
>>
>>54845423
Filth is probably pretty good for the same reasons, if you're running Urborb (and if you aren't, why aren't you?)
>>
How viable is a creatureless, spellslinger Kess deck?
>>
>>54848518
Sounds pretty viable.

You could have a couple utility creatures for support, u/r has lots of creatures that love being in a spellslinger deck.
>>
>>54847970
Flusterstorm? Negate?
>>
>>54848518
It's been done with Melek so I imagine it would be pretty decent with all the black toys added.
>>
>>54848532
Hm, care to name a few? I never built Izzet seriously before.

I'm also thinking of a self-mill strategy with mirror-mad phantasm and Traumatize.
>>
>>54848212
i want to put together my old reaper king deck. was artifact combo, and i tried to seriously limit the use of changelings. it ran fairly well, but they've since released cards like scrap mastery and i want to go back every day. i've currently got a breya deck that i think i'm going to shift back into reaper king.
>>
>>54848558
In it, but like I mentioned it's late and I just posted from memory.. Going to bed now, it's almost 6 am now - goodnight /tg/
>>
>>54848574

snapcaster mage, trinket mage, maybe Connie
>>
Building a Mardu haste deck, and im looking for enter the battlefield triggers in enchantments/ creatures. Anyone got any good ones?
>>
I've given up on brewing. I either hsve time or money but never both so all my decks are dead.
>Need to fix Nekusar
>Start BUG Sidisi, Have mana base but not deck tech
>Choose either Krenko or Feldon and finally rip apart the Daretti pre-con
>Want to do Edgar Markov gay vamp tribal but already play Marduchesa

>>54845123
I feel you. Stopped by the LGS that opened closer to me but I dropped my spaghetti because I didn't know anyone. Also Asked to see owners binder and got trapped in a 10 minute convo about how binders are bad for stores and he's doing an online visual catalogue.
>>
>>54845167
>getting Jeleva for $12.99

I fucking love Target and those acrylic boxes of goodies. Nothing's left at the store but Derevis now, though.
>>
>>54848852
Wait how are binders bad for stores?
>>
>>54849016
He said people steal from them and it's hard to know what to put in a binder. Which just sounds like laziness or bad magic card evaluation
>>
Any spice in Naya?
>>
>>54849051
He's not wrong. You need some serious camera coverage to get away with those. Mine has one of the older models that's been jerry-rigged via some custom parts to newer tech hanging right over the binders as a warning.
>>
>>54849051
Binders are piss easy to steal from unless you watch people like hawks.

Our store has a case for "in demand" expensive stuff.
>>
>>54849084

Tamanoa is a spicy card, doesn't work in just any naya deck though
>>
>>54849100
I'm going Rith Tokens, with a focus on using them for Impact Tremors/Goblin Bombardment, so it might find a spot. Any other cards like those two?
>>
What's your favorite infinite mana outlet or just general mana sink that you find useful for pouring leftover mana into?
>>
>>54849144
Scourge of Kher Ridges and Kumano.
>>
>>54849108

Goblin sharpshooter and tooth and claw
>>
>>54849144

Sedris
Ghostly Flicker + archaeomancer
Cloudstone curio + planeswalkers
>>
So I'm trying to build Mairsil as Grixis Hermit Druid using Mirror-Mad Phantasm, because I'm a shit. What's a good third card for fueling a Dread Return, other than Fatestitcher and Narcomoeba?
>>
>>54849228

I mean dregscape zombie has a 1 mana Unearth like fatsticther.

Can also do bloodghast + save a land drop for the turn you go off. That could slow you down a turn though
>>
>>54847771
>>54847719
>>54847633

So how goes the brewing for cloudstone curio and Edgar?

If you guys can come up with a Janky combo that works with this then I'm down to build it and play it.

I'm thinking Cloudstone, plus any one drop vampire, plus phyrexian altar, plus impact tremors or similar etb damage dealer.

Panharmonicon makes this add infinite colored mana.

What else can be done?
>>
>>54849274
The big thing about Fatestitcher is that when you bring him back you can untap a target which helps you keep going, though Dregscape mite be okay.
>>
>>54849278
Eh, I was thinking I'd just stick in an aggravated assault and all the vamps that trigger on damage and swing face a lot.
>>
>>54849144
It's not good, but Azure Mage. It holds a soft spot in my heart from many a draft being pulled out of the jaws of defeat by it.
>>
>>54849144
Soothsaying
>>
>>54849339
Good lord. Thank you /tg/.
>>
>>54849339
>>54849337
>>54849215
>>54849169
I love how all of these just happen to be compatible with the Wizard deck I'm working on. Even better that most of them are roundabout ways of winning rather than direct wincons. Perfectly in flavor for Wizards. /edh/ knew exactly what I wanted.
>>
Alright boys, I need a deck that makes it absolutely fucking miserable for anyone to play creatures. Who would be a good commander for this?
>>
>>54849460
Horobi and every pinger you can find
>>
>>54849460
GW Mirri Stax. Tap/untap effects to make sure you can never be attacked plus stax elements to make sure no one gets to play their shit.
>>
>>54849460
donate steel golems and shit.
>>
>>54849460
Elesh Norn
>>
>>54849460
B/R Scorpion God. Drop Tainted Aether and Burning Sands. Give them a damned if you do, Scorpion God if you don't situation. Throw in Sire of Insanity if you want everyone to hate you.
>>
>>54849085
>>54849092
I get that but also sometime I don't really know what I want but want to pick something that might slot into a deck. Sometimes I have a $5 or $10 cash randomly and I want to support the business. Browse to maybe find some spice I didn't know about. My other option is to buy packs and I've been playing long enough to know that is a rip off.

But i know the world is filled with assholes so. Just sucks because I want to support the store but the first time I went in right after they opened the selection was bad/they still were opening and getting a player base. It's also hard because I my home store started as MtG only and expanded into D&D, boardgames, comics, and actionfigures. This store seems to be more generalist with a large 40k base.
>>
>>54849460
Oloro Pillowfort with that new card to give everyone a Steel Golem. Also Magus of the Tabernacle.
>>
>>54849460
Glissa stax, you could also do this with Meren, Nath or even mono b Chainer, but look for the Glissa lists for referrence.
>>
So Wizards is absolute shit. I was really looking forward to Clerics, or maybe even assassins, but I was still kind of excited for Wizards, that's what I get for having hope.
>>
>>54849738
>hope
Dumbass, I hope you learned your lesson.
>>
>>54849738
It doesn't have a great out of the box build but it gave us Mairsil, Inalla, Kess, and cool (rather than OP) Taigam -- as far as new additions to the Commander format it's quite solid.
>>
>>54847678
I don't get why cards like Memory Lapse is so good. It just puts them back a turn and they'll be playing it again.
>>
>>54849843
someone post that obligatory image
>>
>>54849738
I can't get over the fact that it did not include any of the wizard tribal cards from past sets like Morningtide. Hate boner for Lorwyn is too strong at WOTC.
>>
>>54847011
The true suffering is getting a foil Japanese Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar.
>>
>>54849460

Mono black control. Just draw lots of cards and board wipe every turn
>>
>>54849906

I wouldn't call memory lapse "so good", it's a solid, playable card.

When it's at it's best is countering a card draw effect, like a Phyrexian arena for instance. Your opponent was hoping to be drawing two cards a turn starting next turn, but instead they are drawing 0 essentially, because they will have to waste a draw step drawing something they already had

Also in more competitive games, a 1 turn delay is the difference between winning and losing. In my azami deck, for instance, if all I need to do is untap with azami to win, memory lapse is a strictly better Counterspell that only costs 1U instead of UU. Same reason I run delay. I don't need to answer most things forever. I just need to protect azami that crucial turn, or prevent my opponents from comboing off that one crucial turn of theirs

Memory lapse is cool because imagine a scenario where your opponent needs to resolve spell X on a given turn, but next turn, they would need to resolve both X and Y to achieve what they were hoping to by casting X in the first place. By casting memory lapse you can ensure they don't top deck Y, so even though they get to cast X again it doesn't matter
>>
>>54849906
>puts them back a turn
Shit like that is really important in other formats, when it puts it on top of the library it denies them draw on top of setting them back a turn.
Remand was a fucking monster on curve, too.
>>
>>54849634
You have the internet. I literally looked at 1800 cards on Thursday when brewing.
>>
I'm retooling my Sidisi deck from solely self-mill to include milling opponents but I'm really looking for symmetrical mill. Any good cards there?
>>
>>54850075
Absolutely true, I meant more along the lines of slightly more casual groups. For my combo decks I definitely run it and things like Dispel because I just need it right now. Aside form that though, I see it listed in a lot of decks that don't exactly win right here and now.
>>
>>54850100
Mesmeric Orb
>>
>edh only allows one copy of a card

Wow, what a terrible as fuck system
>>
>>54850235
T. Standard babby
>>
>>54850235
>not wanting to play vintage singleton without the banlist
What kind of casual are you, son?
>>
>>54850235
>increase diversity of cards played by restricting people from playing 4 copies of the best cards
Wizards should have kept the game at any 40 cards as a deck.
>>
>>54848852
>Marduchesa
>Not wanting to put Mathas in that deck and load in new curses from AKH/HOU
>Not doing online brewing until you find that mix of anti-attack (Ghostly Prison, Marchesa's Decree), attack incentive (curses, Mathas, Crown of Doom, etc), and overall strategy (Pillowfort on the monarchy, dropping tokens everywhere, reanimator package feat. Alesha and Recruiter of the Guard to tutor up cheap creatures with relevant effects)
>Not building that deck and slowly evolving it over time with more expensive staples like top, getting the satisfaction of hand-tooling a blade then sharpening it to a fine edge

While on the subject.
>Not building New Neheb, Ramp-Into-Rape
>Not building Grenzo 2.0, who won't paint a target on your back the moment you put him down while still being a scary Krenko-tier threat
>Not building Damage Tribal with the likes of Kamahl or Hidetsugu or so on, dousing the table in gas and lighting that motherfucker without caring about anyone else's bullshit
>Not converting Nekusar into one of the new wizards, especially Marsail who can probably do some sick shit with the daretti precon
>Not knowing the pure joy of a Mimeoplasm deck
>Implying any of this matters given your FLGS situation
>That feel when you had an FLGS, but then it closed down and you're not really close enough to the other LGS to really be part of the community
>That feel when the other LGS is just above your comfort zone in terms of competition
>That feel when the best LGS you found isn't fucking local at all, and basically requires a whole day off to venture to

I'm just a Timmy gone bitter, ignore my ramblings.
>>
>>54850242
>>54850244
>>54850248
lmao why even build a thematic deck when I just fill my deck with response cards.

Shit system.
>>
>>54850244
>Vintage without most Power and the ability to use multiple cards
It's nothing alike
>>
>>54850313
>Needing responses

t. someone bad at the game
>>
>>54850313
>control in a multiplayer format
Poor bait, apply yourself.
>>
>>54850248
Chancellor of the Dross meta please.
>>
File: 139816_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
139816_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
This card is super good and I want to make a treefolk deck around it, most of the current Treefolk lists are old and a bit crap. Ive thrown a together what I could think of. What staples am I missing? can treefolk be good in EDH?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/morning-wood-4/
>>
>>54850481
Who would even win if both players started out with a hand of 7 Chancellors of the Dross? Whoever was going first? Just turn the game into a coin flip?
>>
>>54850529
So, Magic is fucking shit in any system being played?

What a fucking money waste for wanting to get into this hobby.
>>
>>54850529
>hearthstone.webm
>>
>>54850494

>no sapling of colfenor

Nigger wtf are you doing

Also you need cloudcrown oak for that bomb Rebecca Guay art.
>>
>>54850529

Actually the person going second wins, because the trigger is at the first upkeep, and the active player, the person going first, puts his triggers on the stack first, then the non-active player puts his on top of those

Either way it's whoever wins the dice roll, I just thought that was funny
>>
>>54850626
Anon, it's too late at night to be baiting. Come back in a few hours and pretend you asked out that qt at your LGS by donating Gonti's Aether Heart.
>>
>>54849738
Rogues maybe but is there any support for assassins whatsoever? I think archers have more tribal cards than assassins.
>>
>>54850264
That's problem. My Marduchesa already works fine for my meta. It's solid enough that I hand it to noobs who i'm teaching commander and they will win. It's my first built from scratch deck and it gives me immense pleasure so it is staying together. Which is the main problem because i'd need the land base/mardu staples to run Edgar effectively. It's the same reason I don't also have a Zurgo Helmsmasher or Alesha deck. If I'm going to pony up $150 for the skeleton of decks (manabase/color staples) then I might as well get a whole new deck with whole new feeling out of it. If I had infinite money I'd first off wreck the economy by existing but then secondly have a Commander for all of the good mardu commanders.
>>
The only commander I'm interested in playing is Licia because she seems super fucking aggro and I LOVE life manipulation
>>
Which Planeswalker is the biggest thot and why is it Nissa
>>
File: Hazoret the Pervert.png (198KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Hazoret the Pervert.png
198KB, 265x370px
How do I make a good perverted deck with this commander?
>>
File: Inalla-Archmage-Ritualist.png (179KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Inalla-Archmage-Ritualist.png
179KB, 265x370px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inalla-prototype/

Shilling my Inalla list again, any feedback? Ignore the landbase
>>
>>54850843
That ain't Dack.
>>
File: IMG_2a85qi.jpg (171KB, 1440x1438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2a85qi.jpg
171KB, 1440x1438px
>mfw looking through all the shit Teeg needs to do well
>mfw looking at Teeg

Fuck this deck is going to be expensive.
>>
>>54850919
>Not Nissa

she released the Eldrazi even after Sorin said not to
>>
>>54850933
Ah yes, Creepy McVampire, always a trustworthy source.
>>
>>54850933
The guy that is so reliable that he let his entire clan die to a literal raging cunt.
>>
>>54850926
A good Teeg deck costs like a fuckbillion dollars, but why is Teeg himself so expensive? Is he used in Legacy or some shit?
>>
>>54851017
Yes he is, actually.
>>
>>54851017

Legacy is his best format after edh, because he shuts down force of will and a few other important cards like ad Nauseam
>>
>>54851037
>>54851046
Oh neat, that makes sense. I really want to build him but I doubt he'll do well in my group since he's usually better off against noncreature-heavy groups. Maybe Edric would be a better choice, I dunno.
>>
>>54851067

He's really bad if the rest of your meta is doing fair turn sideways stuff
>>
So i have a sedris deck, and I'm replacing him with kess because she's just flat out better. But I'm not sure I want to change much of the deck since it wins a lot of games, often without casting sedris at all

I think just being able to flashback my draw-discard spells, my tutors, and my reanimation spells, will be better than sedris because it will cost so much less mana

Only issue is 3 of my reanimation spells are enchantments, so maybe I want to find some more instant and sorcery versions to swap in
>>
>>54850941
>>54851015
>trusting an elf's judgement over a vampire's

/tg/ has changed
>>
>>54851175
>trusting Sorin's judgement over anyone
Name a SINGLE good decision that he's made. And "making my waifu Avacyn >:3" doesn't count.
>>
>>54851190
>Name a SINGLE good decision that he's made.

Sealing the Eldrazi away
>>
>>54846894
Dear lord, I remember when I got myself a Azusa for like 3$, what the flying fuck happened?
>>
What's the worst part about fine-tuning a deck and why is it updating the list on TappedOut?
>>
>>54851253
>"Exploration is fair," WotC mused, "let's make a three-drop that lets you play two extra lands a turn. That would be completely reasonable and not a insane run-away ramp machine that pulls way ahead, even for green."
That plus she's only had a couple promo reprints since she was first printed over a decade ago (you're getting old).
>>
>>54850264
>Not building Grenzo 2.0, who won't paint a target on your back the moment you put him down while still being a scary Krenko-tier threat

My group quickly learned to hate Grenzo, Havoc Raiser. Mostly because I always seem to strike gold with him (and Mind's Dilation) while when my buddy plays Daxos, he always hits land.
>>
>>54851359
>(you're getting old).
NO! NO I'M NOT!
>>
>>54851190
Well, for one, saying to keep the Eldrazi sealed would've been the clear winner between the two options.
>>
>>54851224
>>54851405
Yeah, that one's Ugin. Nice try tho.
>>
>>54846894
>Ryusei gets a reprint for the billionth time
>Kokusho still holds at 16 dollars
>>
>>54851415
Sorin still helped

Helping to seal the Eldrazi away > releasing them
>>
>>54851432
Nissa helped kill the Eldrazi and seal Emrakul in the moon

Killing > Sealing
>>
>>54850843
Chandra. She literally turns into a waterfall around Nissa now.
>>
>>54851439
That's kinda true. If someone had released the Eldrazi now, post-Bolas killing the gatewatch, the multiverse would really be up shit creek. Or at least they'd have done more damage before getting killed.
>>
>>54851439
>Killing > Sealing

You know that's not going to end up holding true. A group of young upstarts defied the sagely advice of the ancient master advising caution. There's absolutely zero narrative chance that killing Ulamog and Kozilek doesn't blow up in their faces. Ugin will definitely have been right all along and the Eldrazi are essential on the cosmic scale.
>>
Does anyone have a favorite chinaman reprinter? I play a group slug deck casually with a lot of proxies but I've been wanting to get "real" versions of older cards that are way outside my price range. Is there anyone that /tg/ trusts with their money?
>>
>>54851439
That might be meaningful if Nissa had let them out fully prepared to kill them as her actual plan. Instead she figured "Fuck it, they'll probably just leave and then they won't be MY problem", which proved to be, without a doubt, the most retarded decision she could've made, costing the lives of most of Zendikar's people, including 99% of her own clan.
>>
>>54851519
You're forgetting that this is the Gaywatch and they are a band of merry Sues who can do no wrong.
>>
>>54851576
Except they just got done with getting shitter shattered by Nicol Bolas because, again, they went against the advice of the older, wiser master.
>>
What is more valuable for a chase rare/mythic, a foreign language foil or an english language non-foil version?
>>
>>54851598
Granted, none of them actually died.
>>
>>54851598
in the worst way possible too
>no plans, just yolo it lmao
I wish he would have actually killed a couple of them
>>
>>54851610
Depends on the language. Japanese, German, or Russian foils might be pretty valuable, while Spanish and Italian things are less valuable. I think all foils are better than nonfoils, though.
>>
File: king fedora.png (238KB, 515x286px) Image search: [Google]
king fedora.png
238KB, 515x286px
>do a magic color quiz
>"You are U/B, a mastermind and manipulator who controls the weak"
>>
>>54851598
Isn't Liliana way older than Ajani?

Then again she got what she needed and dipped before getting wrecked. I would probably kick her out of the band if I were Gideon.
>>
>>54851625
Why is that?
Because languages with strange alphabets or that sound really evil are more requested then more normal ones?
Or the german market is much smaller than the spanish or italian one thus there is less supply?
>>
>>54851680
Liliana is pre-mending, so she should be older, yes
>>
>>54851681
I have no clue. I think it might be the whole "looks like magic runes" aspect for the Cyrillic script Russian. Italian singles are pretty low price for a reason that makes no real sense in terms of supply, since they're a smaller population than he Germans IIRC.
>>
>>54851681
For Japanese at least, it's because of weebs.
>>
>>54846664
Feels weird to reply to a dead thread when this thread is also in auto-sage already, but I just woke up.
That totally should work. Activate the exile ability from Aetherling, then while it's still on the stack, activate the exchange.
>>
Is there a decent (three cards or less) way to do infinite combats with Aurelia? I figure I need to make token copies of her or flicker her repeatedly, but what effects will actually do that each time she attacks? Keek Jeek is nonlegendary only and Splinter Twin makes one copy and then goes to GY.
>>
>>54851875
Sword of F and F+Hellkite Charger or Aggravated Assault for infinite combats in red.
>>
>>54852144
But that's independent of general, no? I specifically want something involving Aurelia so I can decide whether I'll switch my general or not.
>>
File: Take Your Time Thinkin.gif (745KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
Take Your Time Thinkin.gif
745KB, 382x450px
>Tolarian Academy is banned
>Gaea's Cradle isn't

This makes literally no sense.
>>
>>54852153
Nothing I can think of that isn't involving other colors if you want to keep it below a four cards combo, since you need to blink her repeatedly.
>>
>>54852619
>palinchron isn't banned
>sylvan primordial is
>mana crypt isn't banned
>all old moxen are
>lab man & food chain aren't banned
>coalition victory and biorhythm are
Verily snipes the synapses
>>
New thread where?
>>
>>54852619
This may sound weird to you, but artifacts and blue ramp is more powerful than green ramp and creatures. If you're already to the point that Gaea's Cradle is giving you hefty mana, chances are you don't need a ton to get shit done. Artifacts tend to lead to some broken shit and blue mana > green mana for shenanigans. Blue ramp is also much rarer compared to green's.
>>
>tfw the Inalla deck I'm working on is pretty much UB wizards with a splash of red
Why are there no interesting or useful red wizards outside of Dualcaster Mage? Almost all of them are pingers that do nothing.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>54853574
>>54853574
>>54853574
>>
>>54845749
Torchling/Horseshoe Crab untap for one. Same with Staff of Domination.

Aetherling Flickers.

Quicksilver Elemental because fuck restrictions.
>>
>>54853456
Academy was much more degenerate when it was in a format where Tinker is legal and you could play shit like Frantic Search as a 4 of. It's busted af in EDH, but nowhere near the level that earned it its infamy in standard (so it's currently about on par with Cradle all things concerned).
>b-but 1 wrath and cradle is useless!
1 Shatterstorm and academy is useless too.
>>
>>54852619
>Mox Diamond
>Mox Opal
>Mana Crypt
>Sol Ring
>Mana Vault
>Tolarian Academy
>Timetwister

vs.

>Gaea's Cradle
>Memnite
>Ornithopter
>???
>>
>>54854168
>the problem is academy and not mana crypt or mana vault
>>
>Preordering all the c17 decks has 100 dollar shipping on TCGPlayer
Where do they think I live, I'm in god-damn Canada. It does not cost 100 dollars to put four boxes on a truck and drive it across the border.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.