[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>new guy joins the group

>my character is whatever I find funny in the moment fuck consistency and character restrictions.
>haha I'm just here to drink

>my character just wants to kill things
>I'm just here because rolling big numbers makes me feel good

>my character walks away as they talk to me
>haha why would I play with sincerity

>your character knows this about the situation
>haha I don't tell my team, DnD is about mixing things up and fucking with the DM
>>
>>54844936
Have you talked to your DM about how much this bothers you, or nah?
>>
>>54844936
>implying you actually have people to play with
>>
>>54845071
I DM and play in a club and these are just 4 very very common traits that new people have to some varying degree with out fail when they join.

had a game today of a guy who was all four which was a shock. it's annoying to play a character sincerly and then have a guy fuckin around as you're trying to figure out a problem within your characters limited or expanded knowlege or relay a complexed concept to the party or figure out what would convince a person or what is the moral approach your character would take in a situation.

it's not even being a murderhobo out right it's being a deranged lol so random non of my actions matter because it's a game faggots that just cause as much conflict or complications as they can.
>>
>>54844936
> new guy doesn't treat the op as the centre of the universe.

> op gets his panties in a bunch.

Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>54844936
I am the new guy. I stand by everything I said, and you don't use a coaster.
>>
>>54844936
>New (((guy))) joins group.
>Complain vociferously about his inclusion.
>Get kicked out of group because "you just won't give (((him))) a chance
>Bitter about it
>Find out later his character betrayed the party and everyone else is butthurt
>Debating whether or not to give them the I told you so speech.
>>
>>54844936
Not new guys, but I got some of these players in one of the groups I play in
>7 player group (already shit just from this)
>1 player busted, tries to do absolutely everything, no group play whatsoever
>1 player makes degenerate character based on sexual fantasies
>2 players fudge their rolls (gets 17-20 50% of the time, gets 1-4 only when rolling advantage)

And these are only a few of their issues. The list goes on much further than this
>>
File: no.png (20KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
20KB, 200x160px
>>54844936
>new guy joins the group

>Hey can I use a homebrew race
>Can I use this homebrew class I found
>Can I multiclass into this other homebrew class
>Can I use this homebrew feat
>Can I use these homebrew spells
>I found some more homebrew spells
>>
I don't understand why you let these things happen to you. Literally as soon as someone does something objectionable or breaks the tone of the game take them aside and explain what they did wrong and why it's wrong. Ask them to shape up and if they don't, kick them from your game or leave the game.

It's really that easy.
>>
>>54847180
Do it.
>>
>>54847180
just say "told ja"
>>
>>54849088
Tell him NO.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.