[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of gameplay benefits could tactical rigs give in an rpg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

What kind of gameplay benefits could tactical rigs give in an rpg?
>>
>>54838514
for rpg, like most ranged weapons, you're looking for + accuracy, + ranged damage, or + AoE range
>>
>>54838559
tactical rigs don't effect weapons, they simply hold ammo and whatever else you need in a highly accessible way
>>
>>54838514
depending on your system, +1 to reaction rolls (reloading, swapping equipment, recovery)
>>
>>54838514
Decreased reload time, increased inventory capacity, decreased time to use items in the rig.
>>
>>54838514
there's spirit guide only you can see that knife-hands every time you're fucking up
>>
>>54838514
decreased penalty to low initiative
>>
Normal people get freaked out because your players will wear rigs all the time
>>
>>54838514
Something like this: http://rottenpulp.blogspot.com/2012/06/matt-rundles-anti-hammerspace-item.html

You get a certain number of items that you can grab without penalty. Searching for anything else takes time by rummaging around in your bag. Also, carrying a bag automatically kicks you up into the next category of encumbrance, but you can drop it quickly.

If you want other examples I think Logan Knight at Last Gasp Grimoire used his considerable artistic abilities to make fancier versions, and I think Old School Hack did something like it too. It's a pretty big idea around the OSR the last few years to make inventory management gameable and painless.

This requires that you actually pay attention to consumables usage like ammo, as well as make sure that not having necessities, like water and rations, stings. If it's simply handwaved away then nothing you do for inventory matters anyways then.
>>
>>54838514
A chest rig keeps gear in a known, easy to reach spot where it won't get lost.

I wouldn't give benefits per se. I'd make people without web gear occasionally make a check or have things fall out of their pockets when running around or going prone, have to shuffle around in the bottom of a pack to find what they need, slower reloads, etc.
>>
>>54838514
Assume that any character who has more than X pieces of gear is wearing one

It would be challenging but not impossible to design load bearing equipment that could be worn over plate armor
>>
>>54839449
pouch bandoliers always fit into any fantasy setting
>>
>>54839982
like this
>>
File: 9frS1re.jpg (2MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
9frS1re.jpg
2MB, 3456x5184px
>>
File: 032_max.jpg (206KB, 1600x870px) Image search: [Google]
032_max.jpg
206KB, 1600x870px
>>
>>
+3 tactical
>>
>>54838514
Bonus to operation
>>
>>54838514
Lemme check GURPS.
>>
>>54838514
just start tracking player equip loads and how long it takes to retrieve items from unsorted containers. boom, now its a free or minor action to pull something out of a designated spot on the rig.
>>
File: 1314223369692.png (550KB, 1032x382px) Image search: [Google]
1314223369692.png
550KB, 1032x382px
>>54841369
careful, that can get messy quick if you don't put some limiters on it...
>>
>>54841542
probably why it should be a minor action instead of free. let you grab what you need but not broken as written like quick draw.
>>
>>54838514
Better action economy. Depends on which system you mean specifically. In D&D 5E with six second turns, I'd see you being able to use two items in a turn, or draw two weapons at once without a feat.
>>
>>
>>54838723
STEADY THERE
>>
>>54841289

Tactical Shooting has this. If I weren't on my phone I'd screencap it.
>>
limited items store in the harness can be reach when restrained/grappled
>>
File: DeathMate.jpg (104KB, 289x450px) Image search: [Google]
DeathMate.jpg
104KB, 289x450px
>>54841542
Worse, they can metastasize. And then this happens.
>>
>>54838514
They allow for quick reload and hold your equipment safely. Concretely, if a character doesn't have a rig, reloading takes three rounds vs. 1 round with the rig. If the character has no rig, there's a good chance that he will leave a yard sale behind him every time he's running or doing athletics checks.
>>
>>54838514
>Not having to pull mags from a backpack
>Having an easy-to-access mag holder
>Spreading the weight differently over body
That's what they do IRL and that's literally it.
>>
>>54841289
Obviously it gives easily accessible storage space. Maybe a +1 to Fast-Draw (ammo) too. And I think load bearing equipment decreases the FP cost of hiking with a heavy load.

Weapon slings also allow you to drop your gun as a free action without losing the gun.
>>
>>54838514
Easier access to your dice, snacks constantly at the ready, store core and splatbooks in your plate carry pouch, convenient ear protection storage so REEEEE'ing of rules lawyers does not cause tinnitus, comfy way to nap while sitting.

The possibilities are endless really.
>>
>>54840492
That is unbelievably sexy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.