[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOTR/Hobbit Minatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Is there a starter set I should track down? Or just get escape from goblin town since its the only one GW is selling?

Tips for building/collecting armies?
>>
>>54837042
Starters good for scenario play, but i would hold off personally as there is anew consoilidated rulebook due out very shortly. what sort of playstyle are you looking for?
>>
>>54837056
Casual really, with friends it's just overwhelming as hell. Ive bout a few cheap miniatures like saruman for ten dollarydoos, I'm not even sure what army I want yet but it's not goblins so I feel like a starter pack that doesn't have any part of an army I want is a waste

I'm happy to get some heroes I like from the books but I don't want to practice painting on them feel like grunt units would be better for that, the new book is out this year?

I have the return of the king rule book but that's pretty old, has scenarios though
>>
>>54837146
in that case go for any army you feel like. pick up a source book and go for it. all armies, can ally with one another good and evil exclusive of course) so you can run any theme you want. if you go for the popular armies such as isengard you'll find swathes of it on ebay you can pick up for pennies to practice on.
>>
>>54837176
awesome thanks anon, was thinking isengard/mordor

Would a few good heroes be able to make an army? Just so me and a friend could play and I don't want to start with collecting good and evil armies right off the bat
>>
>>54837222
yeah you can make an army of heros. there's a specific white council list or you could do the fellowship.
>>
>>54837264
Fellowship sounds good Aragorn and Boromir seem pretty powerful to make up for the hobbits
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.