[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how draft mtg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (901KB, 588x592px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
901KB, 588x592px
how draft mtg?
>>
File: 1489692752859.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1489692752859.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
wat u mena bie thiss??
>>
>>54832945
how to do it
>>
pick the most valuable card in every pack you get passed
>>
>>54832605
Pick good cards from two colors. Make a 40 card deck from them. Defeat your opponents by drawing lands and spells in combination.
>>
>>54833982
but

how?
>>
>>54834047
I have to admit, I still haven't really gotten the knack for that last one.
>>
>>54834375
what are are signals
>>
>>54834579
Honestly, heck if I know. But if suddenly decent cards in one of your colors seem to stop existing it might be good to jump ship to another one, maybe.
>>
>>54834579
Magic cards aren't entirely randomized when put into booster packs. The 10 commons are broken into three "groups", you get 3 cards from group A and C and 4 cards from group B, and they're often color-aligned. Uncommon are all done on one sheet, but are mappable just like rares are (The number of uncommons in some sets also explains why fatal push and abrade and aether hub were so expensive at release - they got one fewer printing on the sheet compared to the others, or a "short print" in parlance)

By studying the groups and maps, you can look at a pack with a common and an uncommon missing, and deduce with a fair degree of certainty what the two cards are. This tells you what the people behind you are playing, so you can build a deck that isn't being choked off by the person behind you.
>>
>>54832605
dude BREAD lmao
>>
>>54832605
>ask the internet what the good picks are, focus on those
>ask what the good picks are for different colours
>don't get distracted by more than 2 colours
>don't get distracted by things that aren't creatures too much
>mana fix a bit
>your curve can probably be a bit weighted to later game, but depends on set
>don't worry too much about what the other players are doing at first or at all, you're not going to play most of them
>get good enough to get packs, sell cards, buy better games

practice here
>http://draft.bestiaire.org/index.php
>>
take all the best removal spells before they are gone, then just make sure you have 17+ creatures since creatures win games
>>
>>54832605
Eddie Hazel

Just came by to write that I know the name of the guitarist in pic related.
>>
I've spent 105 dollars on drafts in mtgo and have won exactly two boosters from intermediate swiss. Every single other fucking run I haven't won anything. Why is this so fucking hard? I would be happy if I was improving but I'm not. I read about people budgeting themselves and being able to draft frugally because they're good and get back some of their investment while I spend and spend and never get anything.

I'm going to kill myself because I'm so untalented.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.