[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Draft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 7.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
I'm DraftAnon from last night, and just got back from my first event.

It went really well, but it was weird and small. We had six people total, so there was only one pod. I won all but one games, because I ended up getting monowhite and four Ambuscade, along with some great bombs.

However, in my last game, I had a rules question, and when I checked it on my own, I realized the judge miscalled the interaction. I wasn't sure if Act of Heroism could target an untapped card, and wanted to ask about it. The judge said it couldn't, but there's a clear ruling about it. In the future, if there's something a judge calls wrong, what do I do? I feel kind of guilty, since the difference was a huge swing.

Let's see if I can post with a fucking subject this time, christ.
>>
>>54831456
>monowhite and four Ambuscade
wat?

>if there's something a judge calls wrong, what do I do?
Step 1: appeal. Even in a small event, a judge responding to your judgecall can be a trainee or freshly-minted L1 working with an oversight. Politely state that you want to appeal a ruling, if possible and wait for them to summon the headjudge.
Step 2: if you are sure they are making a wrong call, tell them so politely and ask them to reconsider and check the gatherer. Most judges will oblige. If that takes longer than a 3-5 minutes, don't forget to ask for a time extention afterwards.
Step 3: if there is noone to appeal to and they insist that the ruling is correct, their word is final. You can complain about the wrong ruling after the tounrnament ends.
>>
>>54832054
Er, green. Typo, am retarded.
>>
>>54832054
Also comes to mind, although I've never seen that happen -- you can ask to see Gatherer for the card and scroll down to the Rulings part. For your Act of Heroism example there is a ruling right there:

27/06/2017 Act of Heroism can target an untapped creature. It still gets +2/+2 and can block an additional creature.

Not sure if that is completely within the expected player-judge interaction during the call but you can always ask your judge if it's OK. Was I the judge called I'd be fine with that but my training was a long time ago.
>>
I'm going to bump every single limited thread I see until I become so obnoxious that /tg/ has no choice but to acknowledge the existence of limited as a thing.
>>
>>54832582
It's fun and doesn't make me spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to play the game I like.

Also drafting is skill based in a way that picking good cards to purchase isn't. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep drafting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.