[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has no one made a tabletop RPG system for it yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why has no one made a tabletop RPG system for it yet?
>>
>>54827612
Becuase the only part that could seriously make for a fun adventure that could be taken semi-seriously and not devolve into memes, is Puss in Boots.
>>
When you spout off enough memes and play a bunch of non-human weirdos you basically have it anyway
>>
>>54827612
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54827818
>fantasy world with magic and fairy tales and elements of anachronistic ideas and inventions with a tongue-in-cheek but sometimes serious or even dark tone
>"reddit" just because it has memes made from it
>>
Roll 1d6 for Smash Mouth
>>
>>54827612
my group loves Shrek too much and I DMed a Shrek D&D 5.e game. I used half-orc for Shrek, and a homebrew centaur for Donkey. If your group wants this its likely they don't care for balance.
>>
>>54827612
because the franchise basically died after the last few movies flopped, and the memes make it very hard to take seriously these days
>>
>>54827612
FIASCO Shrek sounds intriguing, honestly
>>
I tried homebrewing 5e into a Shrek game. All the players wanted to be ogres or characters from the film. Had to homebrew a little to get Donkeys in, but it was fine. Rolled w/ it.

The group started to become more and more... strange with each passing game. It started with the obvious memes, All Star and Ogre puns, etc, the usual stuff. I thought nothing of it at all. Then it got beyond memes. They started using the word ogre in casual conversation, such as replacing the word over. I had one friend who called me at work and asked me when the game was and when he could "come ogre", and I laughed a little, but he repeated it almost 13 times until I answered him Yes! Sure, fine, alright?

"Alright, see you layer."

They didn't laugh at the memes anymore. They became commonplace. Whenever I used normal words or replied to their comments as if they were joking, they would give me these confused looks, then these neutral looks, and last night, when I said the pizza guy should be over soon instead of ogre... they glared at me.

Turned their heads in unison towards me and looked hostile. They didn't eat and were silent the whole night, the only exception being one of them asking why I didn't get onions on our pizza.

The next day one of the PCs, a work mate of mine, was fired for listening to music through his earbuds on the clock. When told he smiled at the manager then threw them and his MP3 player at me. I found out it only had two songs on it, All Star and I'm A Believer by Smashmouth each looped nearly 27,893 times.

Right now tg I type this from my bedroom door. I sit in front of it and I hear them pounding on the door. They want in. They came tonight wearing ogre ears and green facepaint and they told me it was all ogre. They arrived together and entered my house in unison before I even opened the door.

One of them brought a stereo system and is blaring All Star, and any time I try to call 911 I hear I'm A Believer on the other end.

Do not play a Shrek RPG.
>>
>>54827612
Because the campaign would never be ogre
>>
>>54828601
They didn't even remotely flop, though. 3 and forever after respectively had a box office of 799 and 752 million, and we're getting a fifth by 2019 unless Dreamworks stops liking money
>>
>>54828704
This is honestly very under appreciated. Well done, anon. I hope you're still alive.
>>
>SOME
>>
>>54832759
>body
>>
>>54828704
Kek.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.