[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magical Tattoos [3.P]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: warded man.jpg (168KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
warded man.jpg
168KB, 1024x744px
Hey /tg/, my pc is taking some downtime to create some magical tattoos for himself, using the inscribe magical tattoo feat, but I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to come up with ideas, and would like your help. Doesn't have to be in terms of 3.P game mechanics, all suggestions are welcome, I'll balance them out myself alongside my GM.

I've so far come up with a tattoo around the eye which functions as a perpetual visual detect magic spell. Simple, efficient, cheap.

tl;dr - share ideas for magical tattoos
>>
Read up on Thay.
>>
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Gitter_(Earth-616)

Marvelshit, but deals with magic tats
>>
>>54825579
if you want a tattoo thats suppose to be with perpetual sight i would go with what my pc for shadowrun has, the all seeing eye/third eye in the middle of his forehead
>>
>>54825840
Go on.
>>
>>54825954
i would go for things that symbolises what you want them to do, so a sight or detection spell can be the all seeing eye, a pentagram for a summoning spell, a infinity symbol a binding spell. I would look up what spells you want and symbols or signs that represents them well, Imo thats much more fun than just random mystical runes
>>
File: 2e cover thrall icon512x512.png (524KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
2e cover thrall icon512x512.png
524KB, 512x512px
>>54825579
The complexity and power of a spell or effect should determine how large the tattoo is and how much of your body it covers.

A small magic missile spell of level 1 might take a finger, while a meteor swarm might cover your whole back.

Animal transformations/summonings should cover a limb. Magical monster transform tattoos should cover like a third or half the body.
>>
File: PZOPDFALLCS2E_500.jpg (124KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
PZOPDFALLCS2E_500.jpg
124KB, 500x647px
Neat! I get to talk about my pathfinder character I played in an underwater campaign from the "cerulean seas" pic related

He was a "Tattooed sorcerer"(DM was a prick and didnt let me multiclass tattoed wizard)he was also a "merkoth", a mer-folk octopus people that were also partially psionic. I fluffed his tattoo ink to be his very own natural generated pseudo-psionic-shadowmagic-melanin goo. specialized in chaotic "roll a die to determine damage type" shadowmagic/chaos spells that I fluffed as various tattoos coming to life. he was an eccentric artist that put his "spellbook" as specific tattoos on his body. His (tattooed) familiar was a tiny cuttlefish (+2camo) that nestled in the skin of his chin and leaves his tentacles hanging out to give the natural bald race a tentacle beard.

campaign ended with a huge nuke from a "mysterious" magic tattoo on a different party member (a mer-centaur cavalier) that was granted by a local god to kill the BBEG. my guy couldn't figure it out because it it was a holy magic tattoo. Whole party would have been killed if the DM didn't also give me a quick houserule spell many sessions ago to mimic a basic teleport/gate spell but ruin a recently inked tattoo and damage the host a bit. I had used it to fluff a reason why another players PC was absent and suddenly returned next week. But I was kind salty about my neat PC dying so I remembered he had that spell AND I had used a tattoo to pay the barkeep for the drinks, food, and lodgeing in the initial obligatory campaign bar meeting. barkeep was pissed, but only minor injuries, but my PC came out with severe injuries that scared his left eye, lost his left hand, and did varying degrees of injury on four of the leftmost octopus tentacles. If I ever use this caracter again he will become a grizzled old, popeye/pacific island astetic tattooed peglegged, hookhanded, eyepatched, salty seadog what is secretly a davey jones from POTC ripoff+ that obsessed pelican form spyfox in dry cereal.
>>
File: octowiz.jpg (13KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
octowiz.jpg
13KB, 256x197px
>>54829850
P.S. his skin also had the whole "chromoatophore" thing going that augmented his abilities with tattoo magic, shifting them around his limited body slots as he pleased. racial and familiar bonuses to hide and camo, fluffed it so he could also change his skin texture like real octos.

his weapons included a trident hidden in a tattoo that was also manipulated by a long tattoo tentacle, multiple auto-trigger defence tattoos that take the shapes of various sea critters like marlins/swordfish, sawfish, seaturtle shields, etc. future weapons may include handhook(s), and a scrimshawed+ink whalebone pegleg. have a few other ideas for if I ever want to use him again too, like a nautilusc shell helmet to match the cephelopod theme.

as I said the guy was also a tattoo artist. his Ink also very sticky (appropriate for underwater) and had mild pain killing properties (just like real octo ink) that worked wonders on his customers.

other players included the literal faggot DM whose DMPC was a psionic mermaid princess. a literal furry who played a anthro crocodilian NOTegyptian paladin. a squirley little autistic kid who played a literal underwater-gnome/pixie rogue (never not players rogues). and a normie chad friend of the DM that played the mer-folk/fish-centaur/hippocampus cavalier afflicted with the holy magic tattoo bomb.
>>
One idea i had an idea of a kind of elfs, that use tattoos in their bodies to capture demons, and they can channel their powers, the down side is, if they capture a lot of demons or the demon is to powerful, the user will start to bleed.
Don't remember if I rip off the name blood elf or I made up a name for this tribe.
>>
>>54830210
If they bleed out the demons comes out

In one of the stories I had, there was a demon that let capture itself to kill one of the guys with their generals inside, and from there they start popping out
>>
I know there's a tattooed monk prestige class in one of the Complete books and psionic tattoos are a thing (see Expanded Psionics Handbook).
Scarred Lands has tattoo magic, I think it was in Relics & Rituals and there were a few more in Burok Torn: City Under Siege.
>>
File: 1463691817498.jpg (439KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463691817498.jpg
439KB, 600x800px
>>
>>54826159
There was something I was reading that built on this, but it primarily used animals. So Eagle for speed or wind, Elephant for size or power, etc. Each animal represented several aspects of a "spell" and the order in which the bearer used them, as well as the combination used, produced the different results.

Kinda like a totemic / animist + runic magic form.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.