[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE /tg/ space race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 18

Starfinder is coming out and we have already seen the core races.

Now is the right moment to write a race we can proudly declare being THE /tg/ race.

We had amazing fantasy races. Now it is time for space.

What would it be? Cute black butterflies that came from the void between the stars? Giant frogs so bloated they float on their gas home world, and praise the lord KEK? How would undead go into space? [besides necrons].
>>
File: Blorg.jpg (266KB, 1297x813px) Image search: [Google]
Blorg.jpg
266KB, 1297x813px
>>
>>54822740
I'm Gandalf the White and I'm here to conquer your planet!
>>
File: Eoxian Ships.png (1MB, 1516x985px) Image search: [Google]
Eoxian Ships.png
1MB, 1516x985px
>>54822720
>How would undead go into space?
>>
File: 1429134844385.jpg (32KB, 172x232px) Image search: [Google]
1429134844385.jpg
32KB, 172x232px
>>54822720
>and praise the lord KEK
>>
>>54822720
Dwarves. SPACE dwarves.
>>
>>54822720
>spoiler
>image
perhaps you should depart to a more appropriate board that is not in fact this board but another one
>>
>>54822720
>Sensitive, crowned ears
>Thick, luscious thighs
>a species-wide fascination with RNG and results of RNG, love studying Chaos Theory and Probability... and especially love games.
>green skin
>pixie cuts
>sexually dimorphic into three genders:
1. The Alpha-Female, pseudo-penis operate on Hyena principles.
2. The Beta-Female, Standard Female biology
3. Males, Cute Traps.
>Lengthy prehensile tongues
>Titties if all shapes and sizes.
>wear female Space Paladin armour into battle

There ya go, a pile of fetishes any Pathfinder Player would envy.
>>
>>54822827
Man, I'm excited for this just for the space liches alone.
>>
I eagerly await the mass /tg/ triggering OPs image will cause. "Everything is /pol/" anon is going to flip his shit when he sees it.
>>
File: 1_-_ephp3rr.jpg (111KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
1_-_ephp3rr.jpg
111KB, 1280x989px
>>54822884
that was just because it was the most spacy race pic I had on my PC. Second choice was this.

>>54822827
It's have space liches? Fuck need to go read on their home planet.
>>
>>54822827
Ghost ships, I assume.
>>
File: Eox.png (2MB, 1518x984px) Image search: [Google]
Eox.png
2MB, 1518x984px
>>54822985
>>
>>54822974
>I eagerly await the mass /tg/ triggering OPs image will cause. "Everything is /pol/" anon is going to flip his shit when he sees it.
I think by now most /tg/ regulars are bored with the constant drone produced by /pol/tards.

To be fair, the /pol/tards have gotten complacent and seem to expect people to take the lowest-hanging bait, but in the past few weeks I've seen a noticeable dropoff in salt, and a sharp increase in falseflagging designed to keep bait threads bumped.
>>
>>54823104
>Implying it's ever /pol/ and not just our own internal batch of retards and shitposters.
>Implying /tg/ doesn't have a batch of anons that just cry about le evil nazi board at fucking everything that doesn't agree with them anymore
>>
>>54823104
There seemed to be a bit of salt in the Roman vampire mtg thread. Then again I was getting a little salty with an asshat would said that casual racism such as WE WUZ is /pol/ and people should be banned for that, which I argued with that if the smallest slights are banned then what has 4chan become. I got called a /pol/tard, which always seems to everyone's counter arugment. "Huur /pol/tard" "hurr /leftypol/tard"
>>
>>54823088
Is there a full book yet or just excerpts?
>>
>>54823240
It's pretty annoying to have to wade through fifty posts of WE WUZ and POO IN LOO like a goddamn Teehee Macaroni convention, and that annoyance tends to suffocate quality discussions before they can take off.

If you really think that this was common on /tg/ prior to 2015, you're either deluded or new to the board.
>>
>>54823362
There would be a lot fewer of those posts if people just didn't respond to them, though. The /pol/ kids are here for attention, and they get it every time.
>>
>>54823402
Problem is, at least half of the "angry" replies are just /pol/tards keeping the reply chain going.
>>
>>54823349
a leaked pre-version exist. Complete book comes out 17 august.
>>
>>54823362
Actually it was fairly common. Not ridiculous such as now, especially the POO IN LOO meme. However, my original argument was about censorship and stopping one side of the spectrum and not the other, then about overused memes. Either we allow all bullshit, or anything political (be it left or right) is banned.
>>
>>54823494
Found it. Thanks, m8.
>>
>>54823402
>There would be a lot fewer of those posts if people just didn't respond to them, though.

I dunno man, I see those things posted like clockwork on other boards (I actually haven't seen it on /tg/, though I admit I haven't frequented this board as much as I used too) and nobody ever replies to them, but they still do it. I'm pretty sure they keep posting it because they think they're comedic geniuses but fail to realize that the joke stopped being funny a long time ago (if it was ever funny to begin with), not unlike the Bane posters who ran their joke into the ground with absurd speed.
>>
>>54822720
An entire species of Jabba the Hutt, except their civilization is entirely governed by how well you play a specific game. Wars are fought over which games it the 'correct' game to determine society.
>>
>>54822884
> implying Moon Man isn't the greatest rapper of all time
>>
>>54822867
Like the Charles Barkley saga!
>>
A 7-planet solar system of sentient worlds orbiting a Dyson Sphere Master Computer. The sun speaks as voice and the planets zip by providing their feedback every solstice.
>>
We should go with something incredibly cute. It is the only way now days.

What do people here find cute?
>>
>>54825746
>We should go with something incredibly cute. It is the only way now days.
>Not going over masculine muscle bugling patrician 90's style race.
The hell is wrong with you cutefags anyways. Go Chad or go home.
>>
File: 1501221404731.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1501221404731.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>54825786
then we make a race of chadest mother fuckers around.

Their home world is Alpha. They have big and long spaceships with which they strike a planet. After the mantle of the planet is injected with Chad spec ops. They reproduce down there and when the the critical mass is reached exit from vulcanos or striaght from under ground and conquer the planet surface.

Yeah. They are so fucking tough they ive in magma and can wistand any amount of pressure. Fuck they go for swimming in the atmosphere of the fucking stars.
>>
File: 30301-14699-20117.jpg (13KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
30301-14699-20117.jpg
13KB, 224x219px
>>54825910
cringe
>>
>>54823550
I don't see it that way. We ban for spam. We word filter overused phrases. People think they're getting banned for the content, because they have zero perspective and don't realize they're POO post one-million and a Red USER WAS BANNED line is more entertainment than their hack asses could have ever hoped to be
>>
>>54822720
>praise the lord KEK
>>
>>54822974
In all honesty we do need to make a Moonmen homebrew race.

Think about it, a race of alabaster raiders who attack others for no other reason than the colour of their skin.

Maybe they can be a crimelord race too Triple K Mafia
>>
File: 1491687469253-tg.png (217KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491687469253-tg.png
217KB, 599x600px
>>54823165
>Implying /tg/ isn't a /pol/ colony anyway
>>
>>54822720
>Moonman
>Praise Kek
You must be new here. Maybe lurk more before thinking that understanding /b/ and /pol/ culture will make you fit in here. If you "ctrl+F" the archive for "create a race" or "creates a race" you will get more replies than you can shake a stick at, and half of them will be scifi... and half of those won't be exclusive to the 40k universe. We make races all the time, but with a first post like this, it's not going to happen. 5/10

>>54826374
There have been a lot of migrants from /pol/ this past summer, which may be what's confusing you, but summer is ending.
>>
>>54826505
>half of those won't be exclusive to the 40k universe
I think in 6 years down here I have seen 2 threads about making a new 40k race. And they never got anywhere.

And since you say so can you tell me of one Space Opera race /tg/ created?
>>
>>54826239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXRbIdaLD4Q&t
>>
Holy SHIT this is terrible.
This /b/ and /pol/ tier memespeak in this thread is geniunely awful, I'm dumbstruck that people like this are posting on /tg/
>>
>>54825746
Tbh I always envisioned a "tg race" as small, fluffy, violent, angry, and from time to time pretty violent. Bio-engineering massive, muscle-bound soldiers too serve for them in wars.
>>
>>54827116
What do you expect from a bunch of Paizo shills? Intelligent conversation?
>>
>>54822720
A bunch of insane diminutive elves who create over-complicated doomsday weapons capable of annihilating entire star systems in seconds, that they all sell to the highest bidder.
They breed an mature incredibly quickly, but simultaneously have a huge disregard for safety outside of making sure the weapons are alright to sell.
So mix goblins and elves, then throw them into space with enough weaponry and resources to make the entirety of 40k blush, though no actual drive to conquer anyone.
>>
>>54827270
I have no clue what you're talking about, but it sounds like a conspiracy.
>>
I always imagined the Guff from Spell jammer the typical /tg race. Hippo historical war gamers who love black powder weapons.
>>
>>54827168
rabid moon bunnies?
>>
File: BT CYOA.jpg (200KB, 730x400px) Image search: [Google]
BT CYOA.jpg
200KB, 730x400px
You want a /tg/ race? The Billonians and the Tedenites. Normally two sapient races developing on a single planet spells war and destruction, but not for these two races. The Billonians, who's mottos is "be excellent to each other" always has that good weed, and the Tedonians, who's motto is "party on dudes" always brings the tunes. Naturally they have disagreements, but they like partying and playing games more than arguing bullshit politics with each other, so they leave that shit at home before going to the table. They have ocasional heated arguments about which edition of "Dungeons and Iron Stallions" is, but most people can at-least agree that 5th is at-least workable for everyone when people can't agree on anything else. Of late, migrants from planet /pol/ planet /b/ and planet /v/ have been trying to infiltrate the planet and spoil everyone's buzz, but this happens every summer.

One race has conquered death and mastered the art of immortality, while the other has conquered time and constructed time machines. Naturally they share this technology with each other and go on awesome adventures Together.
There you go, now lurk more and assimilate, or go back to your home board, because you are clearly a new addition... which we're happy to have, just don't spoil everyone's buzz with your /b/ullshit
>>
>>54827397
>Flashback too moonbunny quest
Hot damn.

Yeah, it makes sense to me, massive labs filled with bitter and spitting mad puffballs, and visitors finding it hard to believe that THIS is the source of those Terrifying bioweapons and supersoldiers they find amongst the stars.
>>
>>54827466
they are goblins that are into bioweapons instead of DAKKA.

We can even tie the idea of elf+goblins expressed before so our Moonbunnies sell the bio monsters to outsiders with no garantees.

So how is their homeworld? Disabitated after their reckless experiments and now they live on its moon? Or do they have coozy treehouses?
>>
>>54822827
Much easier, because they don't need life support.
I doubt their ships would even be pressurized.
>>
>>54823240
>if the smallest slights are banned then what has 4chan become.
SomethingAwful, the very thing it was created to escape.
>>
>>54823550
There isn't a spectrum. That legitimizes your enemies.
There's an alignment grid. You're either Lawful Good or you're varying degrees of The Enemy, period. There is only Justice and those who would oppose it
>>
>>54827406
That's cute, Anon. I like it.
>>
>>54822940
>>54822985
Spelljammer had space liches.
They became liches to survive long enough to get from A to B without spelljamming, and get REALLY pissed off when they learn that spelljamming is a thing they could have been doing instead.

>>54822827
Also had lots of "minefield" undead boarding parties floating in space from the last time the Elves and the Orcs went to war.
>>
>>54827661
>inb4 we make space-skaven
I'd like too imagine the entire planet is a literal urban jungle of once grand structures abandoned and overgrown, with enough functioning infrastructure too keep the species churning out monsters and maintaining mass communications, with decent chunks being perfectly habitable and civilized, and parts of the 'wilderness' that are crawling with tube-grown nightmares.

Now that I have typed this idea it's just your two suggestions mashed together.
>>
>>54822720

Literal Moonmen.
>>
>>54826505
Nigger, the /pol/locks have been here since summer of last year. 2016 was the endless summer. There is no end of newfags coming in by the droves, drawn by the perceived edginess of the Alt-right.

That and 40kids fags are practically ironic fascists anyway- not that I'm complaining, I like them more than the college commies we used to get.
>>
File: Aen Elle.png (577KB, 576x738px) Image search: [Google]
Aen Elle.png
577KB, 576x738px
>>54827300
Elves are already in Starfinder...

... They're kind of insane.
>>
>>54822720
uh oh! You used a meme from the blacklist! EVIL RIGHT WINGER detected, the mods and /qa/ have been alerted with a petition to remove you and the /pol/ board immediately
>>
>>54830250
Acting like a trend during a single year, and an election year at that, isn't enough to give up on /tg/ and accept it being as scorched earth as post-gamergate /v/ is a bit extreme

On the other hand, people unironically pretending that OGLd20 isn't utter garbage, just because it's been repackaged with a new set of paing (space opera paint this time) THAT is a trend that's unfortunately not going away. As far as I can tell starfinder is just more of the same OGLd20 garbage we've had for the past 17 years, with only nominal duct-tape thrown over the most glaring of holes... and barely at that.
[Spoiler] I'll take college communists over 14-year-old "Atlas Shrugged and Mein Kampf were my first big boy books" frog nazis any day.[/spoiler
>>
>>54828516
Hmm now that you point they are space skaven they became an order less cool.

So how do we differentiate them from the rat scum? First they are cute with berserk moments here and there, What else...

They are good at bio-engineering but all have the same aspect. This means they are very proud of themeselve and consider their biology already the top. But that just akes them more like skaven. Any other explanation why they not modify themselves?

Orks have a genetic imprinted memories of technology and don't need to be taught how to build a gun. This was done by the Oldones. Moonbunnies did it themsleves. Parents decided what knowledge skills to add to their children and did through DNA manipulation. Now even a moonbunny raised in captivity know how to create a hulking biohorror out of spoiled food to break himself free.

Also we need a better name.
>>
>>54833985
What if we make the moonbunnies cute by human standards? Like, diabetes-inducing cute (furry exterior, small size, maybe even disarming vocalizations), just to contrast with their Skavenish attitude.
Maybe make them xenophobic too so you can have fuzzy wuzzy nuzzies.
>>
>>54834048
Yesss. They are also white.

Wat about biolody? Are they bunny/mamamal like? Moth/insects like? Owl/bird like? Do they have fur or feathers?

I like the idea that they live on a moon and the planet below is off limits. The planet is green nice full of trees and flowers but great Uk lives there. There are no animals down there becuase great Uk ate them all. And great Uk is akin to the white rabbit from Monty python. He is small jumps across the planet at several mach and will probably devour your face if you stay on the planet too long.
>>
And moonbunnies are obviously the ones that created mimics. Why build a chair if you ca grow one? What is the problem if it has teeth?
>>
>>54834245
They should be mammalian, with them looking like some odd chimera of everything "cute" animals have, wriggly noses, expressive faces, big floppy/expressive ears, short stature, cuddly looking as fuck.
But with a wide diversity of features, some might be more puppy-like, others more rabbit-like, but never 1:1 the same as any earth fauna.
>>
File: PB3fHMb.jpg (158KB, 627x645px) Image search: [Google]
PB3fHMb.jpg
158KB, 627x645px
>>54833985
>>54834048
>>54834245
>>54834306
>>54834488
Now where have I seen something similar before...

Nah, this is neat, keep going. As for names I'm torn between suggesting something SUPER cutesy and ridicilous or something super spooky
>>
File: Motie Engineer by SebasP.jpg (417KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Motie Engineer by SebasP.jpg
417KB, 801x1200px
>>54834488
>But with a wide diversity of features, some might be more puppy-like, others more rabbit-like, but never 1:1 the same as any earth fauna.
Some kind of biological caste system?
>>
>>54834916
Or obviously their way to survive. They gene-gineer their own offspring to be more generally cute, and regard other races with disdain because they are not as cute as the moonbunnies.
Interestingly, they are the #1 consumer of 'cute' merchandise and products so they can learn what other races find cute, and then gene-gineer their kids to look more cute in order to disarm and infiltrate their societies and genocide these uncute races.

In other news, what do their ships look like? Small and unassuming but packing tons of weapons, like them? Or something completely different?
>>
File: 27164.jpg (611KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
27164.jpg
611KB, 1024x768px
>>54834979
>>54834916
Being scientists I imagine them more of a meritocracy. Loving the goal of their race being maximizing cuteness. And then weaponizing it.

As for their ship I imagine giant tress. With thrusters at the root. The biological angle makes them more prone to grow stuff then build it. And the nuclear reactors that power the ships are a breed of energy tigers held in cages and produced energy syphoned.
>>
>>54822720
If there was a /tg/ race, it'd be shambling fleshy lumps with spindly limbs, living on some massive space structure. With a society that rapidly creates nested subcultures and clans.
>>
File: screaming.png (109KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
screaming.png
109KB, 500x272px
>>54828176
>spacefaring lich arrives on distant world
>spelljammer lands next to him
>>
>>54825256
>orbiting a Dyson Sphere
>every solstice
>>
>>54822720

Moonman, moonman, can't you see? Space elves and xenos need to hang from....
>>
>>54834916
Fucking patrician right here.
>>
>>54823088
>stealing corpses suitable for reanimation
Fucking Kobali.
>>
>>54835137
>moon rabbits and tree spaceships
Just call them Juraians and admit you're writing Tenchi Muyo fanfics.
>>
>>54838124
>Tenchi Muyo
Never watched the show. What are cool ideas that can be stolen from there?
>>
>>54838179
Human (or human looking) mages and totally-not-Jedi wielding totally-not-lightsabers routinely live for about a thousand years and can traipse around in hard vacuum for a few days without an environment suit. Sexy space pirates. Tree ships that transform into "cabbit" cat/rabbit hybrids and eat carrots, so that a carrot farm of sufficient size serves as a strategic shipyard. Galaxy Police that are even more painfully incompetent than the usual cops in anime. Family martial arts lightsaber styles without the painful autism of the Star Wars fandom.
>>
>>54838280
>Tree ships that transform into "cabbit
Like a multiton starship turning into a cat sized rabbit? That is way too magical for Space Opera.
>>
>>54838333
Starfinder is 3.pf in space and has an entire planet of spess liches. Cabbits are small potatoes in comparison.
>>
Moonbunnies have big mouths with dull teeth. People think they are cute when they try to bite of somebodies finger. Then they stop trying that and start growing that will do the biting for them.
>>
I don't much like the "Tree-Ship" angle, it's not especially cutesy and it's not especially vat-grown-horror.

I'm kind of imagining thier ships looking like giant, floating, shopping malls (Because where else can you find all the cute merch, AND horrible flesh beasts in the same building?)
>>
>>54834048

Based Indo, I found the IRC channel.
>>
Damn, I really don't want this to die!
>>
>>54840218
Could be done. This mean moonbunnies wear tons of cutsey accessories on them.

How is their society is ruled? Yearly elected president called Miss Universe? Monarchy?

>>54844396
We should make a dedicated thread were the moonbunnies are in the OP.
>>
>>54844422
Would it be worth it? Is there an enough of a demand?

>>54844422
>Miss Universe pageant
They decide who's the most fit to lead their society through trials, definitively proving who's the cutest, most dangerous, and most ingenious and cunning amongst them in the form of a super pink and frilly pageant.

With a bonus round too see who can make the most lethal abomination UNDER A TIME LIMIT.

>Hells Gene-Lab with your host Gordon Wamsey
>>
File: Sam Lyon Jelly Gummies.gif (1MB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Lyon Jelly Gummies.gif
1MB, 555x555px
>>
>>54822884
Bzzzt... Homosexual behavior detected.
Analyzing... Target is black armed and very homosexual.
Formulating respone... Dispatching all available Nice Interactive Good Guy Emergency Robots to this post.
Citizens remain calm, help is on the way.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.