[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: BBEG Brainstorming, Examples, and/or Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I am making a BBEG half-elf bard lock for my 5e game that is 18 Lore Bard/ 2 Warlock. His master plan is to compose his magnum opus with the help of his patron, sacrificing souls of talented musicians to use in his Infernal Orchestra.

I plan to have him manipulating things from the shadows, i.e. the Death Knight the players believe is the BBEG is just another cohort of this musician, etc. He put the current king into power, so they turn a blind eye to all the kidnappings.

That's all I have for now. This is the first BBEG I've created that isn't a rip off from a module so any advice is appreciated.

Also, I would love to read some stories of some of your games and cool BBEGs in them.
>>
>BBEG

*cringe*
>>
>>54822545
What's wrong with a vanilla Big Bad Evil Guy? I usually fall prey to over-complicating my games, so it's nice to return to the roots once and awhile.
>>
>>54822488
Don't make a level 20 BBEG, your campaign will not make it that high.
>>
>>54822488
>Making NPCs with class levels
Cease your faggotry immediately. This is not how things are done in 5e.
>>
>>54822984
this is a great step 1 for every dnd game ever. No campaign should ever progress past lvl 10.
>>
>>54822648
It's saying "big bad evil guy" instead of just "villain" that's cringe inducing.
>>
>>54823421
you are an autist
>>
The biggest problem I've had with main villains is them not being present in the eyes of the players. It has to get personal. Just having them hear about him/her/it is not enough.

I gave my players the talking skull of an archdemon with the knowledge that this was the main villain. The dynamics of the characters prevented him from being dropped in the ocean or an easy solutions like that, because he would talk and haggle away. Also, they found him at the bottom of the ocean so that obviously doesn't help.
Great times were had.
>>
>BBEG

Ugh.
>>
>>54824036
That sounds like fun for your players. How did it end up playing out?
>>
>>54824036
>The biggest problem I've had with main villains is them not being present in the eyes of the players. It has to get personal.
Yeah, this is why I hate the idea of mystery villains.
>>
>>54823023
Why not? I have had a couple games go passed 10 and they were fun. Now, I do completely understand that players that are too high level can get pretty ridiculous, usually involving dimensional travel and the like. The way I see it is as long as we are having fun, then the game can progress.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.