[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drifting island race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 684636_orig.png (1MB, 1100x607px) Image search: [Google]
684636_orig.png
1MB, 1100x607px
Let's design a fantasy race that lives on a floating ocean island?

How does the island does not sink? What kind of animals plant survive on it? Does the race have agricolture or it is just fishing?

What is the name of the island.

If you had your own floating island IRL would you declare it independent nation anon?
>>
File: Human_Deep_Ones.jpg (278KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Human_Deep_Ones.jpg
278KB, 1200x1000px
The race is actually the descendants of children formed from merpeople and humans, before those relationships were banned under the ruling of degeneracy. Honoring their ancestors, they sale the seas on their island, believing themselves to be the rightful rulers of land and sea.
>>
>>54822362
I fell in love with those giant turtle-islands in D&D as a kid.
>>
>>54822362
an accumulation of organic 'stuff' that came to the centre of an ocean gyre and kinda matted them with birds using it as a perch it got covered in guano then plants from the seeds the vines and roots holding it together. Now it just circles the innermost part of the gyre and sometime folk end up there leading to differernt village of folk from one race/religion/culture and mixed villages where they trade/party/scheme/murder each other. wooden weapons for th most part little armour except turtle shell/boiled leather/padded/wood(?). the plac e would have to ne large enough to sustain a few thousnd folk with fresh water coming from pools of rainwater & using glass/sunlight to boil water then collecting salt & the steam turning back to water. food would be mainly fish but also fungi farms/insect senpaitachi (crickets good, silk worms doble good). language would be archai/debased versions of home languages plus 1 or more pidgins/creoles. intervillage contest and councils would be handy for plot maybe a police force so you can have pc's be investigators.
>>
>>54822716
my typing is fucked , sorry: meds are being a but fucky today and been working a looooong shift.
>>
>>54822614
I liked the fish island from synbad more, because it was my first exposure.

What would the giant turtle eat? Would the inhabitants feed her the fruits that gow on her back? And she does as little movements as possible to conserve calories?
>>
>>54822716
Loving the wooden island that grows itslef and the shark tooth weapons.

Forgot how beautiful teeth katanas can be.

A wooden living island would produce gases from the microfauna on the roots that would help the floating.

Also they would probably tame dolphins as we tamed dogs.
>>
The island doesn't sink because it's made almost entirely of pumice-stone, and is therefore lighter than water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumice

Organic matter has gathered on it the same way it does on all new islands; wind-blown plant seeds followed by flying insects and birds.
>>
>>54822362
>What is the name of the island.
Nani, or Masaka
>>
>>54823474
>Forgot how beautiful teeth katanas can be.

Every curved sword ever is a katana now, you heard it here first folks!
>>
>>54823557
Even straight ones are katanas, taking into account that katana in Japanese means blade.
>>
>>54823557
tell this is not a katana.

>>54823491
Wide Terrabroken Flower.

R'lieh or Gea are better. anyway.
>>
>>54823788
For something that drifts Nani and Masaka are more fitting names
>>
>>54823810
>Nani and Masaka
doesn't they just mean What and what the hell? Or am I missing some references?
>>
>>54823788
That is not a katana.

At least european cavarly sabers from the 19th century took tips from katana blades and still weren't called katanas.
>>
they would intercept migrants from syria and eat them. The island is build on bones.
>>
>>54823955
Initial-D reference, everytime someone drifted with a can in that anime the contendants yelled "Nani?!!" and "Masaka!!"
>>
File: uros-floating-island.jpg (404KB, 850x372px) Image search: [Google]
uros-floating-island.jpg
404KB, 850x372px
reminder that uru people live on floating islands and enjoy their life.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.