[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 500
Thread images: 75

File: pretend.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
pretend.png
177KB, 265x370px
"Ray of hope" Edition

Previous: >>54816606

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Full decks are out. What are YOU salty and/or sour about?
>>
>thread question
I just feel apathy really.
>>
>Patron Wizard triples in price in less than 30 minutes
>>
>>54820066
>Full decks are out
>Doesn't post the full decklists

baka desu senpai
>>
>>54820094
There are still eBay listings for like $8.
>>
Kess, Dissident Mage will be this year's Atraxa in terms of prices
>>
>>54820066
>What are YOU salty and/or sour about?
Shitty manabases, though honestly I don't know what I expected.

Also
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11
>>
File: 1480149579034.jpg (5KB, 129x169px) Image search: [Google]
1480149579034.jpg
5KB, 129x169px
>>54820096
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2017-decklists
>>
>>54820094
>ordered one on Wednesday for $6 and it hasn't shipped yet
Motherfuckers better not cancel.
>>
>>54820066
>What are YOU salty and/or sour about?
No decent land reprints (fuck Wizards at least throw us a goddamn Odyssey filterland)
>>
>>54820112

It will be the most expensive yes but not nearly as expensive as atraxa
>>
>>54820066

I just said this in the last thread, but the thing I'm most bummed about is no untap effects in the Wizads deck. Illusionist's Bracers and Thousand-Year Elixir seem like easy includes.

Also, I just realized Riptide Lab didn't get reprinted. Fuck.
>>
File: mor-49-sigil-tracer.jpg (229KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
mor-49-sigil-tracer.jpg
229KB, 672x936px
>>54820066

>Thread Question

No chromatic lantern on dragons.

I just ordered a cheap riptide lab and I hope it doesn't cancel itself mysteriously. Never had it happen before with mkm but you never know.

Should have also got pic related probably
>>
>>54820094
Ordered mine two days ago and it already shipped. Suck it, frogposter.
>>
>>54820167
The lands kill me. For some reason the cats deck has the best and it's the 2-color one.
>>
>>54820178
>Instants and sorceries somehow a less popular theme than counter shenanigans

Ehh, I think it could be close. The real question is that of print run size. It will never hit atraxa values if it gets a big print run like 2013 or 2015.
>>
>>54820198
>Should have also got pic related probably
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGIL-TRACER-MORNINGTIDE-UNPLAYED-GEM-MINT-PACK-FRESH-MAGIC-BEST-FREE-SHIP-/372018162772?hash=item569e02ac54:g:os8AAOSwd3dZZpzo
According to price histories, it's been like $3 since Kaladesh, so you haven't quite missed the boat on anything there.
>>
>>54820178
Maybe, but

>will be the new grixis storm cEDH commander for sure
>best commander for a grixis goodstuff deck
>best commander for a grixis control deck
>probably best commander for a grixis self-mill deck
>also a wizard, so right now a lot of wizard tribals will want to keep her too

the only thing that seems like would make her NOT expensive is if there's some card that people want even more out of the deck, but as it is, it seems like Kess will be almost the entire reason people will buy the whole 35 dollar deck. With commander sets, you usually have 1-2 really expensive cards and everything else is cheap af because people are buying the decks for those 1-2 chase cards and selling the other cards for pennies.

I'm not le wolf of wall street though so I can't be sure
>>
>>54820066

The fact that we went from the Filter lands to this pile of horseshit manabase really pisses in my cornflakes.

Also no good reprinted equipment for the Cat Tribal deck ALL ABOUT EQUIPMENT
>>
>>54820228

It's obviously going to less popular than planeswalkers, but it's also not 4 color, which was something we'd never had before
>>
>>54820206
>For some reason

We've been over this. It's because the decks were all made by different designers individually, working in silos.

The Cat deck has better mana than the five-color deck because one designer cared about including budget viable options and the other threw all the trilands and vivid lands into the deck's pdf file right before he sent it to development.
>>
>>54820066
This stupid EDH league my store is running.

It sucks and isn't fun.
>>
>>54820066
>Thread Question:
It's more of a bittersweet sensation than salty. But it's kinda sad that the least cringiest place to talk about edh is so terrible at card evaluation.
>>
>>54820256

Behemoth sledge is okay
>>
>>54820243
I wouldn't be so sure. Jeleva occupied that niche for a while and she's less than a dollar. Granted the 2013 decks were given a large print run.
>>
can someone explain the "40 lands" basis to me? like how many mana producing lands are that?
people say 32 lands are low but then they say 40 lands with 8 utility lands is good.
>>
>>54820278
I don't know of anywhere I can talk MTG without cringing.

Usually at myself, but hey.
>>
File: turns, turns, turns.png (980KB, 936x445px) Image search: [Google]
turns, turns, turns.png
980KB, 936x445px
My deck is ready for Taigam Turns
>>
>>54820265
Why can't we have that guy in charge of building all of them? Sure, there were some filler cards and weaker equipment, but the manabase is decent while being made of some budget alternatives and it can be played decently out of the box.
>>
>>54820066
I'd love to see cats being tricolour instead of selesnya
>>
>>54820166
Depends on the seller. I had some shitheads return the money and claim that a bug on their site didn't show that they were out of stock just to add the cards back up at the "correct" price later.
>>
>>54820288
40 is definitely too many unless you're playing something like Azusa. I usually say 34-37 lands depending on your curve. 33 is a tad low, but if your curve is low enough then it should be fine. I usually call 35 the sweetspot for most decks.
>>
>>54820287
For true cEDH autism, Jeleva isn't anywhere NEAR as good. Kess will immediately let you reuse some important spell that you need to cast again or that didn't resolve last time. She's really, really good for Storm. Really good for normal goodstuff too. Jeleva is strong if she connects, but she isn't as reliable and flexible as Kess
>>
Friendly reminder that Viscera Seer is a wizard and a sac outlet to dump Inalla's tokens.
>>
>>54820256
>boots
>greaves
>clamp
>sledge
>animist
>no good reprints
>>
>>54820331
Well, obviously Kess is much better because she really gives you that extra gas to drive up your storm count whereas Jeleva was just there as a backup plan if shit went really southern. Kess is certainly a better option and she'll undoubtedly replace Jeleva in storm and most goodstuff decks, but Jeleva, despite being the best commander for her niche, never rose in price at all throughout her time on the competitive scene. Kess will be worth more, but I doubt she'll hit Atraxa levels of cost.
>>
>>54820369
I think he meant "expensive".
>>
>>54820288
40%ish lands is pretty normal for decks in all formats that don't have ridiculously low curves. In 60 card it's 24 lands, if that makes more sense to you.

You can do math or playtest to figure it out for yourself, but I wouldn't go below 35 except in very special decks or cEDH Singleton Vintage.
>>
>>54820066

>LGS actually expects people to pay $60 for these

I wonder if they'll stay rotting on the shelves two years later like all their copies of Wade Into Battle
>>
>>54820309
The design lead was the one who decided to assign each deck to a different person.

I think generally the team makes all of the decks together to prevent this kind of inconsistency.
>>
>>54820368
And a vamp to make use of Edgar's tokens as well. What I really need are untap shenanigans to make use of my wizard tap abilities more than once.
>>
>>54820094
tfw Commander sets only increase the price of the format, because nothing valuable is reprinted and the new legends increase demand
>>
File: 8ed-86-intruder-alarm.jpg (271KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
8ed-86-intruder-alarm.jpg
271KB, 672x936px
>>54820412
>>
>>54820419
OY VEY! SHUT IT DOWN!
>>
now that the full decklists are out, what's the verdict? I was wanting to get one for my friend who's new to the format so we could play eachother
>>
>>54820384
>Jeleva, despite being the best commander for her niche, never rose in price at all throughout her time on the competitive scene.

This is because of TNN and has nothing to do with how good she is or isn't. Learn your history if you want to make a competent argument.
>>
File: 1431707626403.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431707626403.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>54820419
SHUT UP YOU FILTHY ENTITLED GOY, PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER PREORDER
>>
Even thought I despite cats, I'll be getting the cat deck...
>>
Which cards have exploded in price since the full decklists were posted?
>>
>>54820446
That's what I'm talking about.

>>54820460
I'm aware of TNN, but that card isn't any reason for Jeleva to not have risen in price despite being the only decent commander for Grixis Storm. In fact, there's nothing competent about your argument for TNN at all.
>>
>>54820481
Riptide Laboratory. The Lorwyn wizards are going up too.
>>
>>54820481
>>54820094
>>
>>54820477
Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>54820501
Holy shit you weren't kidding about Riptide Lab

Glad I got mine last year
>>
File: 1471531819887.jpg (94KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
1471531819887.jpg
94KB, 600x510px
Wow, these decks look REALLY boring.
>>
>>54820453
Cats are probably best out of the box. The manabases for all the other decks are pretty horrid, but the dragon one sticks out as the one that would be expensive to fix up properly.

I would say that cats is better than any of the 2016 decks out of the box, just by eyeballing it. I don't think I could recommend any of these other than wizards if the guy didn't like tribal though.
>>
>>54820524
Just wait until all those taplands untap anon, that's when the real fun begins.
>>
>>54820066
Salty about garbage decks. Canceled my order (Wizards) and just bought Mairsil instead. There were a few cards in there I needed for him but I can buy all those separately.
>>
>>54820330
but how many of those 35 lands produced coloured mana that you need? the deck i built and bought but haven't played have 32 lands that produce coloured mana, 1 land that produce generic mana and 2 fetches.
i have no idea what i'm doing, that's why i'm asking. im probably gonna find out eventually if my deck works or not. curve feels low because mana dorks
>>
>Phyrexian Altar is $35

What the fuck
>>
>>54820498
>I'm aware of TNN, but that card isn't any reason for Jeleva to not have risen in price despite being the only decent commander for Grixis Storm. In fact, there's nothing competent about your argument for TNN at all.

They were printed in the same deck. As a matter of fact, they printed twice as much of that deck than any other commander deck. The supply of the cards for that deck are enormous, and other than TNN are all dirt cheap because of this. People literally have thousands of these cards in stock, and we're trying to move as many as they can, since space isn't free and a card that obsoletes it could come along at any moment (like what literally just happened).

I thought you just didn't know your history, I didn't think you were so retarded you couldn't figure it out with the information at hand.
>>
>>54820453
Get some from the anthology, anything that't not derevi is good and playable out of the box. They sell for around the same price you'd buy c17 one.

If you really want the new ones, cats and wizards look like the best choices, but it isn't saying that much.
>>
>>54820594
Infinite combos my man.
>>
File: InallaCombo.png (578KB, 795x370px) Image search: [Google]
InallaCombo.png
578KB, 795x370px
>>54820594
Party hardy.
>>
File: pathofancestry.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
pathofancestry.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
favourite card in commande 2017?
>>
>>54820577
Really depends on how color-specific most of your cards are and how many colors you're in. I usually reserve at least 5 spots for utility lands like Bojuka Bog, High Market, Terrain Generator, or Tower of the Magistrate (most of which produce colorless mana) and then the majority of the others are color producing or a fetch every now and then. I generally don't bother with fetches because I rarely have trouble making my manabase work without them. You really just need to get a good understanding of how greedy some of your cards are for stuff like "2XXX" or "YXX" mana.
>>
>>54820594
>1 printing at rare
>Older card
Sac outlet
>Instant-speed Mana fixing
I can see why
>>
>>54820453
If you want to play it right out of the box don't buy it. These decks are terribly contructed and your experience would be miserable.
>>
>>54820612
>I thought you just didn't know your history, I didn't think you were so retarded you couldn't figure it out with the information at hand.
I'm well aware of the print run, but all signs point to this year's decks being a higher print run as well. If Kess is in high demand, such as there was for TNN, then she'll get more print than any of the others, just like Jeleva. And despite TNN's overprinting, it still sits at $20+. They're not trying very hard to move it if they're so worried about it getting obsoleted.
>>
>>54820636
tfw i have like 75 green symbols and 15 white
selesnya didn't work out quite as planned, turned out mono-green
>>
File: [HAMMERING INTENSIFIES].png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
[HAMMERING INTENSIFIES].png
193KB, 265x370px
Building this for more casual games. Any good tech?
>>
Kess will never ever be $20 like TNN is.
>>
>>54820668

Precons decks are fine for newer players, as long as you aren't playing with assholes who bring their strongest deck to bare even when they find out you are new.

>>54820453

Since it's Tribal themed and your friend is new, buy whatever they think is coolest. Which will probably be Dragons.
>>
>interested in like 3 cards from each deck, but not interested enough to buy any particular deck

I actually like buying precons and playing them out of the box, and then slowly upgrading them. It's fun. I guess this will be the first time I'm just going with singles.
>>
>>54820682
Yeah, because this happened with Atraxa, right?
>>
>>54820066
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54820706
Stoneforge is always worth for equip strats. Sigard's Aid as well. Naturally, these are common cards for those decks, but it's good to keep them in mind.
>>
>>54820594
I found out my shop has one for twenty.

I snagged it up. Not for infinite combos, but for incredibly finite ones like with reassembling skeleton.
>>
Anyone want to check out my deck? I need to make it faster and more powerful.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldritch-omnicide/
>>
>>54820738
Thanks MaRo!
>>
>>54820746
Atraxa isn't a high-demand competitive card either.
>>
>>54820631
Most of the tribal stuff, but total, Mairsil.
>>
>>54820682
>I'm well aware of the print run, but all signs point to this year's decks being a higher print run as well.

Proof? Because it sounds like you are talking completely out of your ass.

>And despite TNN's overprinting, it still sits at $20+.

They overprinted the set BECAUSE of TNN. TNN being expensive is the reason jeleva is so cheap. How are you not grasping this. I am talking about jeleva being hard to move at a high price point because of a massive supply, not TNN. TNN is the reason there is a massive supply of jeleva, which makes jeleva cheap. This is economics 101, how do you not get this shit.
>>
>>54820631
see
>>54820706

I'm thinking something along the lines of using living weapons like Flayer Husk to tap stuff down on the combat step, and possibly tutoring up Odric to turn all of my shit into keyword soup. Probably throw in Conjurer's Closet for blink equipment tutoring too.
>>
>>54820738
Those are horrible by commander precon standards though. He should grab something from the previous years instead of taplands: the deck. Meren is cheap now,
>>
>>54820706
For casual, it will be run to make use of that second ability with cards like this and Gideon Jura.

Be sure to have some vigilance enablers.
>>
>>54820767

The precons, most of them anyways, are typically solid decks for new players. What, should that Anon's friend drop a couple of thousand bucks on a Food Chain Tazri deck instead?
>>
>>54820812
It sounds like you're the one not getting this shit. If Kess is as wanted as it seems like she will be, then they'll print it more. And I already said that she'll be worth more than Jeleva way back in like my first or second post. I never implied she'd be a sub-$1 card. She's simply not going to reach Atraxa prices though because she fills a different niche. Atraxa is THE MOST BREWED commander of all time even though she came out last year while Kess will simply take Jeleva's place as the Grixis Storm and Spellslinger commander, which is a far less popular niche than Planeswalkers and +1/+1 counters. Also, TNN isn't worth dick in anything, despite its high price either.
>>
>>54820738
>buy 5 color uplayable garbage, that you can't even fix on budget

Fuck off, stop baiting new players.
>>
>>54820875
Meren was kind of an outlier.

Have you ever tried to cast Gravepact off the mana bases of the original commander decks? Impossible.
>>
>no chromatic lantern in the 5 color dragon deck
Excuse me?
>>
>>54820631
>Who would win?
>Dozens of unique and powerful magical creatures from around the multiverse
>A sidewalk
>>
I just wanted Kess for my casual wheel deck...
>>
File: IMG_1868.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1868.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
Pretty!
>>
>>54820902
Well these are not.

He could buy half of budget Mayael or something if he wants awesome timmy stuff. Or a 2014-2016 pre-con that's not actually terrible.
>>
>>54820941
are you insulting my card choice?
>>
>>54820944
Just run Nekusar like everyone else.
>>
>>54820066
I guess I'm slow on the uptake, but if I have Mairsil in play with one creature caged, and Mairsil leaves and later returns to the battlefield, caging another creature, will he have both caged creature's activated abilities?
>>
>>54820948
That is pretty kawaii.
>>
>>54820944
I just wanted Kess as a Wizard commander that actually supports what the tribe wants to do instead of stapling effects onto a commander.
>>
>>54820066
The Dragon deck mirrors my own deck of the same ilk. So I just need to order a few singles from it. Otherwise, I think they're fine for pre-cons. The manabases aren't tuned as fuck, but anyone who expected that is high. And they each have some great reprints.
>>
>>54820933
You and everyone else, friend. The real bitch of it is that if they had put one in each of the C16 precons, it would be cheap enough to toss in.

This actually begs a good question: has WotC ever put in a card that's not Sol Ring or a commander land in each of the decks for a cycle?
>>
>>54820905
But they didn't print more Atraxa after she reached 20$ price and that's more recent example. Being competitive commander doesn't really drive prices as much, but you are retarded with your

>don't worry, if it's popular they will print more
>>
>>54820984
yup. that's what makes him so damn good.
>>
>>54821007
Ash Barrens and Thought Vessel for starters
>>
>>54820933
Don't worry friend, we made sure to include all the taplands so you wouldn't have problems with mana! Pre order now!
>>
File: 1502392960766.jpg (136KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
1502392960766.jpg
136KB, 811x811px
>>54820777
>>
>>54820984
Yup
>>
>>54821039
>>54821058
Oh that is very neat, thanks.
>>
>>54820905
>Also, TNN isn't worth dick in anything, despite its high price either.
... You don't know that legacy is a format, do you?

>If Kess is as wanted as it seems like she will be, then they'll print it more

Proof? Because that shit has literally happened twice in the history of the game, and wotc got flak for the situation both times. And if this was anywhere near true, wouldn't atraxa have gotten more printings? Again you are just talking out of your ass.

>Atraxa is THE MOST BREWED commander of all time

Again, proof? At best you have data related to the number of lists on tapped out. I could submit 200000 Stang decks (or make a bot to do it for me). It wouldn't mean Stang is the most popular, or best, or fills a niche. Just that a lot of lists are on tappedout.
>>
>>54820412
Dramatic Reversal on Isochron Scepter
>>
>>54821018
They did for Jeleva. Atraxa is an outlier for being the most brewed commander ever printed. I'm saying being a competitive commander is one of the reasons Jeleva is cheaper than Atraxa. There are fewer people playing Storm than there are playing Superfriends or counters matter decks. I've already said that Kess will cost more than Jeleva, just nowhere near as much as Atraxa. You're nitpicking at this point.

>>54821053
She's really not. Atraxa is pubstomp-tier. All she does is get Timmy's rocks off by pumping up his Planeswalkers and creatures.

>>54821105
Again, proof? At best you have data related to the number of lists on tapped out. I could submit 200000 Stang decks (or make a bot to do it for me). It wouldn't mean Stang is the most popular, or best, or fills a niche. Just that a lot of lists are on tappedout.
Frankly speaking, those numbers are more proof than you have to your side. And Legacy is not a widely played format to begin with. Commander is far more popular than Legacy at the moment. The only thing Legacy has going for it is that it isn't the ghost town that is Vintage.
>>
>>54820975
In my experience Nekusar is terrible. He is just such a magnet for removal and gets too expensive to recast too quickly.

I've been going with V Smasher and Kydele, but I want to just go back to Grixis because 4 colors on a budget is miserable. Kess looked like a perfect middle ground.

But of course, the one card I want out of these garbage decks is going to be the retarded TNN of the set.
>>
This commander product is fucking awful. What a god damn joke.
>>
>>54821150
Forgot my meme arrow on that last bit, but you get the idea.
>>
>>54820948
I wish this card had some flavor text. I wanna know what's going on here.
>>
>>54821150
Atraxa is not a Timmy card. How fucking difficult is it to understand the psychographics?
>>
>>54820948
I like how they have the vampire kneeling in the art to represent the kicker cost.
>>
>>54821007
Every one of the commons introduced in the Commander series are in each of the decks. Like Commander's Sphere.
>>
>>54821206
Atraxa is Timmy as fuck. She's just keyword soup that Timmy can also use to buff up his creatures or planeswalkers. Dealing with counters doesn't automatically make her a Johnny card. You can do some combos with it and there are a few Johnny interactions, but it leans more to TimmySpike than anything.
>>
>>54820706
Sram, Senior Artificer
Sigarda's Aid
Puresteel Paladin
Masterwork of Ingenuity
Eldrazi Displacer
Stoneforge Mystic
Stonehewer Giant
Sword of the Animist
Nahiri, the Lithomancer
All the "Swords of X and X"
All the living weapons, to take advantage of his second ability.

Blade of Selves. Equip to Nazahn then attack. In a 4 player game, 2 token copies of Nazahn will be created (and then destroyed due to the legendary rule). When those token ETB you'll get to tutor for 2 more equipment.

Perhaps try infect as a sub-theme. There are a couple of infect artifact creatures, so cards like Foundry Inspector and Cloud Key will lower of the cost of both them and your equipment.

Maybe ramp with mana-dorks, so you can use them to lock down your opponents creatures in the late game.

He's an odd one. His equipment ability pushes him into being a voltron commander, but his second ability makes you want to go wide.
I dunno.
>>
File: CHECK__EM_GOLDOO.png (1001KB, 907x803px) Image search: [Google]
CHECK__EM_GOLDOO.png
1001KB, 907x803px
Who /Cutting White/Blue from the dragon deck and building Wasitora/Karrthus/Darigaaz/ here?
>>
>>54820368
Also Thoughtpicker Witch, good for fucking with topdeck tutors.
>>
File: The Ur-Dragon.png (187KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
The Ur-Dragon.png
187KB, 265x370px
>>54820631
I got my baby REALLY early in spoiler season.
>>
>>54821168
It's okay to voice your displeasure but this amounts to nothing more than "MAGIC IS DEEEEAD" Comment #596,756.
If you'd like to share your insight then by all means explain how a ~$30 deck designed to introduce people to the format or to supplement the collections of people who are already knee-deep in the shitfest that is EDH without undermining the secondary market or causing hundreds of thousands of spergs to clamor for the decks because it happens to have 1 (ONE) fetch in it is such a terrible thing for the game.
EDH is meant for casual play with wacky psuedo-combos, something that most precons are perfect for, something I've tested personally multiple times in playing friends with only slightly altered precons.
>>
File: haumph.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
haumph.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>54821206
>Atraxa is not a Timmy card
Superfriends is a true blue Timmy deck, dude.

Fuck, I don't even play her as superfriends and really she's a shit combo enabler so the only way to really get value out of her is playing her as a value engine which is slow and usually lending a nice hand to timmy strategies.
>>
>>54821252
I like him in the 99 for Sigarda
>>
>>54820594
Just wait. Ashnod's might follow suit.
>>
So which deck will shoot up in price? Wizards seem to be the cheapest out right now according to price evaluators
Cats/Vampires nearly tied mainly due to cats having Mirari's Wake
>>
File: 11.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
If I play Spawnsire of Ulamog's ability, can I cast the meld cards? I own them and if I sideboard them does that count?
>>
>>54821276
>~$30 deck

Where do you find these products for $30? I only ever see them sold for $50.
>>
>>54821320
I've been meaning to get a few more copies for a while but I try to avoid ashnod's as often as possible.
The card is as boring as Thran Dynamo. They're both amazing cards in certain decks but so fucking bland.
>>
Gonna definitely build into cats. Gonna remove most of the equipment tribal focus and get more token/aggro focus
>>
>>54821324
>posting cards that don't work in this format
>>
>>54821346
retail stores like target and walmart.
Sometimes Target rips open the decks that aren't selling and sells them in packs for 30 bucks. Usually it's intro decks but sometimes it's commander ones.

LGS will spike up the price because of investment of cards inside the decks though.
>>
>>54821346
Go to Wal-mart and don't get too nervous when the cute cashier chick gives you sideways glance when the only product you're buying is something found right next to the Yu-gi-oh cards.
>>
File: Smug Jace Quote #349.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Jace Quote #349.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>54821354
Why you would play Dynamo when pic related exists is beyond me.
>>
>>54821323
I'm hoping wizards and cats because I want to buy dragons and vampires for cheap.

I do want Kess though. I don't think I even really want to build her, I just like her art and ability.
>>
>>54821372
They do if my group says they're fine. There's no explicit rule against it either.
>>
>>54821253
>Karrthus/Darigaaz
Could you be more boring?
>>
File: Golem-Skin Gauntlets.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Golem-Skin Gauntlets.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54820706
>>
>>54821378
>Wal-Mart cashiers
>cute

wut

t. Wal-Mart employee
>>
>>54821403
Because I put in into Orzhov decks where I'm mana thirsty as fuck but typically have draw/tutoring down.
>>
>>54821150
>Commander is far more popular than Legacy at the moment
Proof? I have attendance numbers for legacy tournaments. Frankly speaking, those numbers are more proof than you have to your side

But seriously
>Frankly speaking, those numbers are more proof than you have to your side

Fine, if you want me to "out proof" you when all evidence you have is number of lists posted online, where there is no proof of number of players making or piloting the decks? I have made 10 trillion Stang lists. They are all Stang and 99 wastes. Wastes is the most popular card in EDH. Prove me wrong :^)
>>
>>54821372
What do you mean don't work in this format?
20 mana is pocket change when you have infinite mana combos.
>>
File: Prismatic Omen.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Prismatic Omen.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54820933
It needs that AND Prismatic Omen.
>>
>>54821346
MSRP is 35 bucks and they will be sold in Targets and Walmarts.

They're not 50 dollar things unless you are being gouged. Nothing worth scalping.
>>
>>54821378
>cute cashier chick

Everyone who works at my Wal-mart is like 90 or something
>>
>>54821372
>Every playgroup is the same

On my playgroup the Wish cards are fair game, you just grab your folder and fetch whatever card you want, you can also Fetch cards that are actually banned in commander because them being banned only implies you cannot have them in your deck but if you somehow manage to get them into play then its fine.
>>
>>54821323
It's gonna be Wizards. Buyouts are already scooping up the old tech for it.
>>
File: grenzonuts.png (2MB, 1910x1080px) Image search: [Google]
grenzonuts.png
2MB, 1910x1080px
>two different infinite comboes assembled on turn 5
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>54821455
This. Cats have a bit of value to them, but unless even fewer decks were printed this year there is no reason for these to go above MSRP
>>
>>54820751
>>54820892
>>54821252
>>54821420
You guys are great.

>>54821428
Fair enough.
>>
>>54821476
That's what I thought! Makes me want to get a Emmy 1.0.
>>
>>54821469
>tfw there is a 6'3" tall old lady with giant tits at my Walmart
>>
>>54821437
You don't have real numbers. Your "lol Stang" argument doesn't really mean much when it's something that hasn't actually happened. If you're willing to go take the time and make 10 trillion Stang decks on tappedout, I'll concede and you can have your internet argument victory. Otherwise, shut up and fuck off. Atraxa is an incredibly popular commander, moreso than Storm decks or cEDH in general. You're nitpicking at the least important parts of this argument. I'm going to have a nice nostril exhale, not even a laugh, when in a few weeks Kess is less than $10 once prices have settled.
>>
>>54821253
See >>54821275
The Ur-Dragon is a legend I have waited a very long time for.
>>
>>54820706
Dead-Iron Sledge
>>
>>54821427
>>54821469
I work night shift and almost never leave the house, so a decent looking chick is often "cute" in my opinion since the only females I encounter on a daily basis are 50+ or just completely burnt out in general.
And I guess I'm just lucky or something because I tend to get the cuter ones when i get in line.
>>
>>54821489
>that Razaketh player
Oh boy, he had better be ready for when his commander gets banned next year :^)
>>
>>54821489
>mtgo
>infinite combo
>>
File: Mister Jank.png (73KB, 186x150px) Image search: [Google]
Mister Jank.png
73KB, 186x150px
Best card from the set, if you don't agree you're wrong.
>>
File: 1495599800748.jpg (33KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1495599800748.jpg
33KB, 326x326px
>>54821594
I was waiting for stuff like this to pop up
>>
So, you think Filters within the next three standard sets?

Bummer I didn't snag up 10 early on.

Right now I do shocks, checks, temples. Sometimes man, but that's about it. Command Tower and Pool seem like similar no brainer. Mana confluence for anything with more than 2 colors. Never felt I needed duals for fetches.
>>
>>54821594
KEK

And yeah, I'm playing around with him on Forge already and the JANK is MAXIMUM.
>>
>>54820948
>They didn't give us designs for Runo Stromkirk or Anje Falkenrath or even someone who could be Strefan Maurer
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>54821192
It's the initiation of Edgar's chosen to become the vampires and the progenitors of their own bloodlines by consuming angel blood. It doesn't really match the flavor though unless your opponent losing half their life is meant to represent them becoming a vampire. It was originally meant to mean that your opponent was bloodied which powered up the Zendikar vampires.
>>
Anything you would add to the Dragon deck to make it better? looking at edhrec it seems to have basically all the best or most popular ones.
>>
>>54821594
Somebody enhance this fresh new meme.
>>
>>54821511
>make 10 trillion Stang decks on tappedout
Why does it have to be tappedout? If you want to say only tapped out is usable then I am just as inclined to say it isnt, and then neither one of us is more right then the other. If it's ok to use any site, then I already did, here on 4chan. I just posted 10 trillion Stang lists in my last post.

The takeaway is that lists posted publicly on tapped out only give you information about lists on tapped out, and gives you no information on the number of physical decks or players, and is just as accurate as someone posting "10 trillion Stang lists on 4chan".

Stay in school man, you really need it.
>>
File: Mister Jank.png (554KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mister Jank.png
554KB, 400x600px
>>54821692
Yeah, realized it was too small after I posted it.
>>
>>54821594
Truly the build-your-own-combo I've been waiting for.
>>
>>54821656
Dragon Tempest, Frontier Siege, Moat , Xenagos, and ESPECIALLY Vizier of the Menagerie.
>>
File: IMG_1869.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1869.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54821656
Better or more fun? I have lots ideas for more fun.

Like this card or Interpret the Signs.
>>
Speaking of Mister Jank's Wild Cage, any indestructible tech to cage that doesn't require sac fodder? There's regenerate tech but that doesn't bypass Damnation and anti-regenerate wraths.
>>
>>54821756
Just use flicker effects, or phasing.
>>
>>54821656
Stormbreaker Regent is the one that comes to mind
Maybe Urza's incubator to continue the trend of mana reducers
Hypersonic Dragon might be fun to use. Would replace Niv with him since I don't really care for Draco.
Numot the Devastator would be dope

Fucking lantern and fellwar stone.
>>
>>54821702
>If it's ok to use any site, then I already did, here on 4chan. I just posted 10 trillion Stang lists in my last post.
Except you didn't. Unless you go and actually make 10 trillion individual decks on some form of deck sharing site that actually shows a number for how many of a particular deck is out there, then you've made nothing. They may not indicate how many are built in paper, but they're a better indicator than a Mongolian basket weaving forum. Really I just want you out of here making your precious Stang decks, because let's be honest, you're an insufferable cunt. You're too dense to realize that the real takeaway here is that regardless of Kess's takeover as the head of Storm and Spellslinger decks, she will not be as much as Atraxa because it isn't a popular niche. You're deliberately ignoring everything else I say so you can act like a smartass and feel smug. I wash my hands of this.
>>
>>54821656
EDHrec is only the popular ones, not best ones. There is always something missing.

About obvious additions: not terrible manabase. Buy some shock/checklands or dual/fetch from chinaman.
>>
File: 274[1].jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
274[1].jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>54821756
>>
>>54821816
This. The first thing you should ever do before upgrading a deck is to make a solid manabase and then adjust it as needed.
>>
>>54821816
any direct links to a chinese reprinter? I can't seem to find a reliable one
>>
>>54821476
In my playgroup you automatically win the game if you drop down under the table and suck my cock until I'm content
>>
File: skyline-despot.jpg (258KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
skyline-despot.jpg
258KB, 672x936px
>>54821656
Not better but definitely fun and pairs with utrava pretty nicely. Swap the lieutenant card for it.
>>
>>54821867
Don't be a twat, anon. The official stance from the Rules Committee is that Wishes are based on the consensus of your playgroup, so "this is how it works in my group" is legitimately the correct answer.
>>
>>54821656
Call to the Kindred
Descendants' Path
Cloud Key
Urza's Incubator
Sarkhan the Mad
Sarkhan Unbroken
Harsh Mercy
Patriarch's Bidding
Chromatic Lantern
Prismatic Omen
>>
>>54821726
The first two are in the deck already.
>>
>>54820256
The equipment is fine, sure it's no swords of x and x or the jitte but all of it actually does useful things.
>>
Do we have a list of all the reprints getting new art?
>>
>>54820453
Cats literally just needs a better manabase and they're playable, all the others need you to cull them and rebuild them from ground up.
>>
>>54821811
>You're too dense to realize that the real takeaway here is that regardless of Kess's takeover as the head of Storm and Spellslinger decks, she will not be as much as Atraxa because it isn't a popular niche.

No, YOU are too dense that this has nothing to do with how cool you think planeswalkers are and everything to do with the size of the print run. If cmdr2017 gets a print run a quarter of the size as 2016, then this card will be worth more. If it's 20x more printed then the card will be cheap.

Git gud.
>>
>>54821893
>These are the official rules for Commander. Players often play with house rules, and are encouraged to, but this consensus version exists so that players know what to expect if they join a game outside their local play area.
>Play Rules
>13. Abilities which refer to other cards owned outside the game (Wishes, Spawnsire, Research, Ring of Ma'ruf) do not function in Commander without prior agreement on their scope from the playgroup.

With the same logic of "this is how it works in my group", literally every rule can be ignored/changed which would make discussing the format online completely pointless. The default ruling on wishes is that they don't do anything, so the default assumption when discussing the format online is that they don't do anything.
>>
>>54821756
If you want to go for a deep dark dive into jank abyss you could Exile Hakim, Loreweaver to pick up Abduction or False Demise repeatedly. Abduction is kinda nice actually, untaps on etb for ability trickery and is doubles as intended mind control use.
>>
>>54822018
Honestly I'm not even sure if Kess will beat Inalla. I guess it will. But I'm not sure. With Inalla you can pay 1 and just randomly get value from snapcasters or vendillion cliques or whatever. You do actually have to to cast Kess for 4 or whatever but she's less reliant on drawing specific cards you don't run that many of.
>>
>>54821301
>>54821249
Atraxa is designed as an engine for counters. That, by definition, is Johnny. Both of you are morons. Just because shit in the deck attacks or the decklist may have big creatures doesn't mean it's a Timmy card.
>>
So I guess the verdict is, if you're an established player, don't bother with Precons?
>>
only thing im salty about is that these decks will play more like 2013-2015 decks not like the 2016 decks which were actually somewhat playable out of the box
>>
>>54821830
I knew there was something that made itself indestructible by demand.

>>54822071
Oh God the jankiness. But I already need to cut cards, that's the problem. In decks like that you want to stick all the jank in the world but you need to stay below 100 cards.
>>
>>54821656
Balefire Dragon
Dragon Broodmother
Dragon Mage
Eternal Dragon
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Kilnmouth Dragon
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Stormbreath Dragon
Thunderbreak Regent
Thundermaw Hellkite
>>
>>54822095
Almost always been the case but yes
>>
>>54822042
This specific rule says it's open to interpretation from your playgroup. Don't slippery slope this.
>>
>>54822086
Well, let's talk about it in a more psychological manner.

Timmy wants an experience, Johnny wants to express themselves, Spike wants to challenge themselves.

People building Atraxa can only be called Johnny's if they live so far under a rock it is comical. There's no creativity there, even if "play Walkers and your general" can be called synergy.

I hate everyone calling every card Timmy, but I see the argument in this case. She creates experiences much more than she expresses the deck builder.
>>
>>54822086
Not, it's not. Counters are not automatically Johnny territory. Johnny is about synergy and making up his own combos. Creativity and jank are his playgrounds. Atraxa is a keyword soup which is definitely Timmy and her one ability that isn't just for making her a beatstick is geared toward buffing and growing other things. That falls in Timmy territory just as easily as it does Johnny. The amount of keywords shoved onto her makes her lean more toward Timmy.
>>
>>54822002

Yeah. Check the card image gallery.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/commander-2017?
>>
>>54822106
Cats are playable out of the box. Vamps are next in line. Wizards will have a hard time meeting the color costs for some cards and Dragons are straight fucked. The 2016 decks had a few stinkers in Breya, whose manabase was completely fucked on release.
>>
>>54820629
Maybe I'm stupid but can you please explain how this works to me?
>>
>>54822241
Sac the original before the second one comes into play.
>>
>>54822268
It works like that?
>>
>>54822241
>Necromancer enters the battlefield
>Inalla trigger is put on the stack
>Sacrifice Necromancer
>Pay for the trigger with the mana from sacrificing Necromancer
>Create clone Necromancer
>Clone Necromancer returns original Necromancer to the battlefield
>Return to step one

You get a free clone each loop, which can be converted to free mana with Altar if you need it. So you get infinite 3/2 Hasty Lifelink clones and/or infinite mana.
>>
>>54821403

3>2
>>
>>54822241
>>54822268
Yeah, sac in response to using the eminence ability- its a tie if you want to use ashnods or phyrexian altar, as both go infinite but ashnods also gets infinite colourless
>>
>>54822317
Phyrexian gets you infinite colored mana, because infinite creatures = infinite mana.
>>
>>54822317
You're making infinite tokens. Phyrexian makes infinite of any color.
>>
>>54822304
>>54822317
Neat. Thanks for the explanation.
>>
>>54822304
No need to attack either, just use Inalia's ability to nuke fucking everything.
>>
>>54822002
Apprentice Necromancer
Blood Tribute

That's it
>>
>>54822340
>>54822343
But you need to pay 1 each time you bring the nontoken one back from the grave to retrigger eminence to get the next token
>>
>>54822401
Yeah, but you get a token that you can sacrifice for mana. Each loop basically gets you your choice of a token or a mana, and you can do it an arbitrary number of times.
>>
File: TraverseTheOutlands.jpg (93KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
TraverseTheOutlands.jpg
93KB, 223x311px
Pic related plus OG Omnath. The only real use for the new ramp spell.
>>
>>54822401
Right. Once you make a bajillion tokens, you can sac some of them for mana.
>>
>>54822237
>Cats are playable out of the box.
naw dude waaay too many unplayables, its not eternal bargain bad but its not good.
>>
>>54822432
Either Omnath works, really. And Angry Omnath can at least get some value off this later on.
>>
>>54822401
Play it, sacrifice itself for the eminence, the copy brings it back, sacrifice itself for the eminence, the copy brings it back... Make Avogadro's number tokens, sacrifice 3 trillion to make 1 trillion each in UBR.
>>
>>54822432
Just make sure you have your Dosan/City of Solitude/Hexproof ready so you don't get 2-for-1d
>>
>>54822454
They could be much worse off. Arahbo does a good job of tying it together as an aggro deck. What it really needs to do is decide whether it wants to go tall with equipment or go wide with tokens.
>>
>>54822486
Pretty sure it's designed that way so you can build in either direction. Reminds me of C15's subthemes with snake and giant tribals
>>
>>54822428
>>54822434
>>54822466
Oh yeah that works. Suppose could run ashnods as well so you've got aa second way of doing it. Are there any other ways of saccing for mana that would work?
>>
>>54822479

I don't see this card as a ramp spell but rather a landfall spell in a deck where you should generally have enough 3-5 power creatures in play at once to not be able to blown out by one removal spell
>>
>>54822517
I think it's a good thing for giving people a taste, yeah, but it does hamper the playability a bit. It's probably the best you could ask for in terms of manabase and a fair amount of playable cards. It's got three different strats represented with equipment/voltron, tokens/wide, and a few light staxy elements. I'd call it the winner of the four in terms of out-of-the-box playability for sure. That's not saying much when you look at the competition though.
>>
File: 100[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
100[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54822548
>>
I have a mono black and a Meren deck is it worth to get any of those 2017 pre build decks.
>>
>>54822633
No
>>
>Dragon deck has 12 FUCKING ALTERNATE COMMANDERS

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
>>
>tfw Docent of Perfection isn't a Wizard
WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME LIKE THIS

>>54822666
It doesn't though. It only has a few 5-color legendary dragons
>Ur-Dragon
>Scion
>Ramos
>O-Kagachi (No dragon synergy at all)
Legendary Dragon =/= Dragon Commander (especially not for 5-color)
>>
>>54822700

Docent of perfection is absolutely worth it though

One of my favorite ways to win in azami is docent of perfection + intruder alarm, each instant or sorcery draws me X+1 where X is the Wizards I have. It gets out of control right away
>>
Why didn't they reprint Ancient Ziggurat for Dragons? Would that have been too hard for them?
>>
>>54822666
It has 17 legends, only 4 of which can actually head the deck. Atarka, Dromoka, Kolaghan, Ojutai, Silumgar, Crosis, Intet, Wasitora, Taigam, Ryusei, Niv-Mizzet, Teneb, and Bladewing can't.
>>
>>54822728
Oh yeah, absolutely. I still run him it's just he'd be so much stronger in this deck if I could clone him with Inalla. One cast of Docent and an instant/sorcery and I'd have a buff wizard army ready to tap down for Inalla's ability if things go wrong.
>>
>>54822729
Yes. Wizards is fucking terrified of printing good manabases, especially for decks that need them.
>>
>>54822700
>>54822747
>implying I want to use the dragon deck and not use these guys for other decks
>>
Fuck you wizard jews, just reprint those dual lands.
>>
>>54822626
Oh nice, that's something to put in the pile.

I'm thinking of using Inalla, sac altars like ash, phy, dementia, blood artist / zula cutthroat for value on it, flameshadow conjuring for more tokens, lots of etb / tap to X wizards, sundial, etc.

Intent is to just start slamming down lots of copies, keeping the copies using sundial, saccing the copies to whichever altar, getting etb value out of things, maybe even throwing in the tootharmonicon if I've got enough etb funtimes,

Stupid christmasland things include "ianna, flameshadow, panharmonicon on field. Flash in dualcaster, pay 1 eminence, R flameshadow, panharmonicon gives second triggering of eminence and toot, pay 1R, total of 5 dualcasters etb, make 5 copies of instant / sorcery.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (12KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
12KB, 213x237px
>>54820066

"Day of.....oh..." Edition...

Phag. Ghey. Kweir.
>>
File: 126330_200w[1].jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
126330_200w[1].jpg
25KB, 200x285px
There's a cutie in my EDH league.

I'm thinking of making a love themed deck to win her over. The main combo would be playing Gonti's Aether Heart and then gifting it to her with Zedru, thereby literally giving her my heart. Thoughts?
>>
>>54822789
Wait shit no it would be 10 copies because dualcasters "when etb, copy" effect is also a triggered ability.
>>
>>54820066
the decks are just kind of shit
no real good reprints either, I was expecting stoneforge or at least stonehewer in the cat deck, and confluence and city of brass in dragons.

I'm buying dragons because i need ramos for cEDH and I have the cards I want to use to just very slightly tune the deck to make it playable on launch, mainly lands and ramp and food chain

Its just kind of overall a pisser. Edgar is the best eminence card imo, ur dragon should win the game on the spot if it resolves.

/blog
>>
>>54822857

have you ever talked to this woman before
>>
>Mirari's Wake
>Fist of Suns
>Scion of the Ur-Dragon
>Marchesa
>Door of Destinies
Anything else good in here?
>>
>>54822857

>thoughts
This is a nice bait

Girls don't like romantic fag shit, she is more likely to let you smash if you mercilessly crush her puny deck like a man
>>
>>54822729
I thought they did?
>>
>>54822892
Nope. I just checked the decklist and I saw nary a Ziggurat in sight.
>>
File: Heart+of+Kiran+%5BAER%5D.jpg (28KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Heart+of+Kiran+%5BAER%5D.jpg
28KB, 223x311px
>>54822857
>I'm thinking of making a love themed deck to win her over
do it
>>
>>54822905
Oh, you meant the original, not "ancient ziggurat but for dragons".

Ancient Ziggy is a frustrating card because you end up with three lands and a cultivate and no way of casting it.
>>
>>54822882
Nin was creeping up in price.
>>
File: 4457138334.png (201KB, 376x408px) Image search: [Google]
4457138334.png
201KB, 376x408px
>>54822889
>Girls don't like romantic fag shit
Man I've consumed so much alcohol over this truth.
>>
>>54822882

Fist of sun's is already in there I think
>>
>>54822857
make sure you play Glorious End after you donate it so that you can lose when she rejects you.
>>
File: 1446944832520.jpg (13KB, 306x325px) Image search: [Google]
1446944832520.jpg
13KB, 306x325px
>>54822857
you sound like one hell of a spastic

>*pays RWU and gives control of Gonti's Aether Heart to the girl*
>"anon why did you do that? you could have taken an extra turn but now I'm just going to win"
>"I-I gave y-you my heart, h-hahaha"
>"o-okay?" *wins game*
>"I gave you my heart as a metaphorical gesture you know"
>some variation of "what the absolute fuck, fuck off creep"

>mfw this anon exists
>>
>>54822947

Whoops I'm retarded, misread
>>
>>54822881
We've played a couple games, yeah.

>>54822912
This is another good one. Thanks for the support man, trollers be damned, I'm gonna win her over with the most romantic deck ever!
>>
>>54822768
it's not quite that simple

manabases are worth a lot. if they print good manabases for edh decks, people will buy the decks just for the manabases, UNLESS they also amp up the deck prices, which isn't good either. the dumb newbies who buy precons to play won't know the difference anyway, hence all the taplands

it's wotc's fault that the manabases are shit, but they've kinda painted themselves into a corner so they can't really do much else (until standard/modern truly start to die and hasbro tells them to reprint shit for real)
>>
>>54820166
Had a seller cancel my order last night because they told me they couldn't find Solemn Simulacrum between checking 3 stores in the Detriot area.

Made me lose out on an Altar of Dementia as well. My area only really sells standard stuff.
>>
>>54820066
Nice to see they finally gave us the Taigam cards THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FUCKING KHANS BLOCK LIKE 4 YEARS AGO REEEEEEEE
>>
>>54822982

>we've played a couple games

this sounds like a terrible idea

i suggest confiscate anyways, just to show her that you can take what she won't willingly give. it's the pinnacle of romance.
>>
Am I shadowbanned?
>>
Our playgroup is just gonna have the tap lands come in untapped for more entertaining games. Fuck wizards and their fear to print good money in precons.
>>
File: 1502325351832.png (346KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502325351832.png
346KB, 439x500px
>>54822857

Hahahahahahhaahahhshshhahahhahahsjgkb uwpchsk

I can't wait to hear about the first court date, let us know!
>>
>>54822857

Why don't you just ask her out normally first, then save this cutesy shit for an anniversary surprise
>>
>>54823040

No
>>
>>54822931
It's not the truth anon. The truth is that they don't want romantic shit from /you/.
>>
>>54823055
Because he'll never get to an anniversary.
>>
>>54823040
Maybe you made shit posts that nobody cared about.
>>
>>54823083
Why do you think I upgraded from beer to vodka?
>>
File: 1501725410436.jpg (81KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1501725410436.jpg
81KB, 600x599px
>>54823054

PS: Instead you should kill all other opponents and THEN make the game a draw, jeez...how hard is this phag shit?
>>
File: 8zy8hd7bg9ez.png (2MB, 2237x2678px) Image search: [Google]
8zy8hd7bg9ez.png
2MB, 2237x2678px
Decklists with card pricings:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2017-decklists
>pic unrelated
>>
Any suggestions for how to represent bounty counters for Mathas? Short of ordering custom tokens of his brand.
>>
File: 9.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>54822982
give her flowers
>>
File: il_fullxfull.1065328028_m204.jpg (407KB, 1394x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1065328028_m204.jpg
407KB, 1394x1500px
>>54823123
>>
>>54823123
Get an actual brand and an acetylene torch.
>>
File: Not Even Tits are Helping.png (309KB, 472x352px) Image search: [Google]
Not Even Tits are Helping.png
309KB, 472x352px
>>54823103
lol
i dont know this feel but ive seen people who know this feel
thats some funny shit
>>
>>54820114
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

Huh. This might be the first Commander product that I feel no desire to buy.
>>
>>54823122
wizard faggots get BTFO
>>
>>54822950
wewweweewwewweweweeew
>>
File: 1431107316864.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1431107316864.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
>>54823162
This. If you're on /tg/ and don't own a massive tub full of dice of all shapes and sizes you're an absolute cretin and should step up or consider another hobby.
>>
>>54822964
>SPIKE NET DECKS and COMBOES TAMMY while you BREW CASUAL JANK
>SPIKE also plays 10x better than you yet only plays limited 2 times a week
>>
>>54823123
>>
I've never built anything but Turn Dudes Sideways- the Deck. How do you build Inalla well?
>>
File: 186.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
186.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>54823038
>this sounds like a terrible idea
dude shut up I want to hear about how bad this goes
dont listen to this guy heres another piece for your deck
>>
File: 61ucVqpeUIL._SY355_[1].jpg (41KB, 353x355px) Image search: [Google]
61ucVqpeUIL._SY355_[1].jpg
41KB, 353x355px
>>54823123
>>54823241
Some kind of novelty coin or pin could work, yeah.
>>
>>54823207
fat jon snow
>>
File: 1494987562094.jpg (24KB, 427x384px) Image search: [Google]
1494987562094.jpg
24KB, 427x384px
>>54822857
>>54822982
>There's a cutie in my EDH league
>I'm thinking of making a love themed deck to win her over
>We've played a couple games, yeah
>trollers be damned, I'm gonna win her over with the most romantic deck ever!

Holy shit.

put me in the screencap
>>
>>54823219
>This ugly Spike fuck of is building super consistent decks and basically, you are fucking stupid.
>>
>>54823243
I'm thinking of just building her to shit out tokens.
Flameshadow conjuring for more cloning.
The blooddrinker + ashnods / phyrexian altar combo.
Panharmonicon to double eminence triggers, flameshadow triggers, and any etb triggers.
Sundial to keep the tokens, sac outlets, blood artist + cutthroat for drain when saccing the tokens.
Lots of ETB wizards, some tap for effect wizard, etc.
>>
File: NOVRLTY?.jpg (98KB, 767x960px) Image search: [Google]
NOVRLTY?.jpg
98KB, 767x960px
>>54823280

Novelty?.....NOVELTY?!?..YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME?!?!
>>
>>54823034
Khans wasn't that long ago...
Holy fuck where has the time gone?
>>
File: IZA_0515-copy-1[1].jpg (138KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
IZA_0515-copy-1[1].jpg
138KB, 800x530px
>>54823123
Just leave them on the sticker paper.
>>
>>54823372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTkOrsvoqdY
>>
>>54820066
They really should have put in at least one value vampire in this. [card]Bloodghast[/card] or [card]Nirkana Revenant[/card], or at the very least reprint vampires that haven't been printed recently like [card]Stalking Bloodsucker[/card], [card]Soul Collector[/card] or [card]Repentant Vampire[/card] instead of [card]Butcher of Malakir[/card] one more fucking time!
And [card]Urborg Volcano[/card] is like a kick in the balls when [card]Tainted Peak[/card] is still the only tainted land they haven't ever reprinted while all other have been reprinted twice.
>>
File: 1419373871865.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1419373871865.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>54823034
>>54823374
Shit dude. Triple Khans was very memorable to draft, it feels like it was like yesterday.
>>
>>54823475
>[card]
im mad now
>>
>>54820265
Meanwhile the guy who designed the vampire deck has a huge hate boner for boros I guess.
>>
>>54821512
Agreed. Wish it was better though.
>>
>>54823539
Everyone has a huge hate boner for Boros. Did you not see the Kalemne disaster?
>>
>>54821726
I think ypu mean form of the dragon
>>
>>54823475
Welcome newfriend!
And they reprinted Anowon and Captivating Vampire which would have spiked a bit if they hadn't.
Bloodghast does nothing for the deck and actually sees modern play, so they don't want the deck to get bought out by modern players.
Nirkana Revanant does nothing in a 3-color deck.
>>
>>54822857
Just equip runechanters pike to your eight-and-a-half-tails and swing at her.
>>
>>54822857
m'lady
>>
>>54823506
>>54823606
Meh, I copypasted my post from salvation cuz idgaf.
>>
>>54822857
Post a greentext on /r9k/ after you do it, and link the thread here.
>>
>the dragon deck is literally average_scion_of_the_ur_dragon.dec with a new commander

rofl
>>
>>54823726
I mean, if you want 5 color dragon tribal what else is it gonna be like.
>>
>some guy wants to play at th flgs and says he uses a few proxies
>We let him, pulls out foil Drana
>mightbeneat.jpeg
>t1 Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale, proxied
>t2 dark ritual, proxied, into chains of Mephistopheles, also proxied
>t3 entombed into reanimate for Sheroldred, all proxied
>the only card not proxied is a single swamp, the other is also proxied
Ya fuck you too Frank.
>>
>>54823539
Hating Boros is a requirement to work at WotC.
>>
>>54823749
>being a beta baby
Learn how to say no faggot.
>>
>>54822882
Black Market? But that's kinda pushing it. Yeah, the reprints suck hard.
>>
Has anyone worked out how to improve new decks cheaply already? I want to buy the vampire one for me and cat one for my gf
>>
File: (((Gwafa Hazid))).jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
(((Gwafa Hazid))).jpg
67KB, 312x445px
How do I build (((Jews))).deck?
he seems underwhelming and the edhrec page just looks like they took a good stuff list and made it a mediocore stuff list
ive heard on here that hes really good but it seems like /edhgen/ are the only people on the face of the planet that think that
>>
>>54823749
desu that would have been just as bad if the cards were real
>>
>>54823826
You can't it's worthless.
>>
>>54823837
Yeah, but the price of the cards being very prohibitive usually keeps people from just stuffing all the bullshit into the same deck.
>>
>>54823826
it's pretty easy

you take out expensive cards and replace them with cheap ones

once you git gud, it becomes trivial to optimize decks on a budget. the only expensive thing that is really needed to stay competitive is your manabase, otherwise even a 30 dollar deck can beat tryhard shit. my group has an unspoken agreement to not play fast mana or especially expensive lands, so everyone gets to save money
>>
>>54823826
>>54823881
oh oops you meant these new decks

yeah i don't know, all the new decks are kinda bad honestly, it's hard to improve an already bad archetype without spending a lot.

>>54823827
people here mostly like him because he's flavorful. he's not that great.

he's basically just UW goodstuff when it comes down to it. gwafa isn't good enough to warrant building around him, he's more like a flavorful removal engine sitting in the command zone.

do you like him specifically for the flavor or do you want to play something like him, but better?
>>
>>54823827
He's actually really bad because his bribe is linked to him, not bribery counters in general. As someone here phrased it "The best way to get my things back is killing Gwafa, and you keep giving me the tools I need to do that."
>>
>>54823122
>15$ for each single commander

OY VEY, THAT SOUNDS RIGHT. PREORDER NOW GOYS!
>>
>>54823932
I am confused by this statement.

If gwafa dies, and then is recast, anything with a bribe counter still on it wont be able to attack again.

So removing gwafa is only a temporary solution as long as the bribery counter still exists on whatever permanent.
>>
>>54823826
Vampires pretty much needs Bloodghast, Nirkana Revenant, New Drana, Falkenrath Aristocrat, Vish Kal and both Olivias. Everything else good is common.
You'll also need Path to Exile and Fatal Push tho, this shit's super light on removal and 1/1 vampire tokens won't walk past 3/3 cats.
>>
>>54822857
Okay, this is the deck I've put together to win her over so far.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/let-me-call-you-sweetheart/

I think it's looking pretty good and has at least a 65% chance of success. Anything I'm missing?
>>
>>54823219
It's not fair! Why are asshole Spikes always getting girls, when a nice romantic Timmy like me gets rejected every time?
>>
>>54823981
A temporary setback that gets more and more expensive while removal remains cheap and plentiful.
>>
>>54823985
>Rid of Spanking
gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: 31[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
31[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>Have a foil Master Transmuter
>Paid maybe $4 for it
>$32 now

What are some cards whose prices have crept up on you?
>>
>>54824030
Is it too risqué, per se?

I thought it would be cute if she had to say that to me.
>>
>>54822857
I like the idea Where this is going,
Use Partner Commanders and shit like Pia and Kiran Nalar, Anax and Cymede.

Even if it doesnt work out I wanna see what this deck could look like.
>>
>>54823985
Social skills
>>
>>54820066
>Full decks are out. What are YOU salty and/or sour about?
Shifting Shadow not being in the dragons deck. The art is a lizard turning into a dragon, for fucks sake.
>>
speculators are cancer. cards jumping up $15 in value is pretty stupid.
>>
>>54823985
self awareness
>>
>>54824112
Holy shit man, are you ever autistic.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>54824053
>Sliver Legion $10
>now it's the most expensive sliver since Queen steadily dropped
I almost never sell my cards or trade because I have hoarding tendencies, but I can be a little relieved I didn't end up paying 4x more down the road.
>>
>>54822857
What happens if you don't draw into it?
>>
>>54823985
>13 of each basic land
Now I know you're not even trying.
You gotta shell out as much dosh as possible if you want to impress her.
>>
>>54824112
You would find it cute if she farted on your face. Doesn't mean you are not the creepiest fuck on the planet to her for making that deck.
>>
File: well_then.png (53KB, 332x352px) Image search: [Google]
well_then.png
53KB, 332x352px
>>54823985
>at least a 65% chance of success
Yeah, sure, go for it.
>>
>>54824184
I have Tinker.

Also fuck you guys there is no reason to be cruel.
>>
>>54822857
This is more exciting than anything in c17. Don't forget to share your story after.
>>
>>54823985
>not using Commanders with Partner
>>
>>54824289
>>54823985
>Not using gay greeks as commander
>>
>>54824053
I traded a basic Island for an Alpha Underground Sea.
Then I traded it for a Beta Underground Sea and Beta Volcanic Island.
Then I traded those for 3 fbb Underground Seas, 2 fbb Tundras and 2 fbb Volcanic Islands all in german.
>>
File: I love leaves.jpg (45KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
I love leaves.jpg
45KB, 450x319px
>>54823985
I absolutely love you!
unfortunately Im already married but if I wasnt and some guy showed me this I would think it was very sweet
you gotta still be a little swave though honey.
>>
>>54824339
>I traded a basic Island for an Alpha Underground Sea.

Was this when Alpha came out or something?
>>
>>54824285
>Tinker
>playing banned cards
>>
>>54824370
Yes, basic lands were impossible to get until tournament packs came out.
>>
>>54823985
>rings
yeah no girl wants you to propose right there, guy
>Crystal Rod
waaaaaaaaay too sexually explicit dude
>>
>>54823985
I feel like this bait has gone on long enough. Listen. Unless you have talked to this girl and you know her fairly well, I personally don't think that this is going to win her over or work very well. Now either tell us how you think a girl is going to react to this, or stop this b8, m8.
>>
>>54824348
>every time I've been rejected the word "sweet" was used
Girls don't want nice guys.
>>
Does anyone else prefer one or two coloured commanders? I know it isn't tough colour fixing and ramping even without green but I just feel like I want the simplicity of mono or dual coloured commanders.
>>
File: 1501510598313.png (59KB, 907x266px) Image search: [Google]
1501510598313.png
59KB, 907x266px
>>54823289
Another one to the /edhg/ retards wall.
>>
>>54824386
I hate when new games are like this, regardless of media/genre.

I bet that dude is kicking himself everyday for flushing that kind of cash away just because a card game company was in the nascent, innocent stages and couldn't be bothered to playtest.
>>
>>54824285
I think that it would be better for you to have Tinder
>>
>>54824428
>I personally don't think that this is going to win her over or work very well

REALLY?
>>
>>54824450
>retard wall
Oh boy are you gonna feel dumb when Raka gets banned next year.
>>
>>54824428
I think it will be a cute icebreaker that will let her know I'm interested in her via a shared hobby we both enjoy.

Sorry if that upsets everyone for some reason.
>>
>>54824441
>Girls don't want nice guys
have you ever tried actually being nice
you know, holding a door open for a girl then staring at her isnt nice just because you held the door open
>>
File: IMG_0305.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>54824466
>>
>>54824450
little over 11 months until we get our $100 senpai
>>
>>54824493
That's incredibly creepy man. I hope this is b8, but if not, just ask her to grab coffee sometime like a normal human.
>>
>>54824523
cant wait
>>
>>54824493
How greasy are you? This might work if you're actually very attractive, but shy or something, but if you're some fat, appalling neckbeard you're probably going to either get yourself banned from your FLGS or you're never going to see her again.
>>
>>54824493
>icebreaker

You are fuckin melting the polar caps and flooding the earth. This could be quite cute if you want to propose a marriage or something, not ask a girl for a date.
>>
>>54824533
>you're never going to see her again.
I actually would consider this a positive
you never want to see a girl who rejected you again anyway
only happened to me once wasnt a great feeling
>>
File: Proposal-Magic-Card.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Proposal-Magic-Card.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>54824549
>using magic to propose a marriage
thats just dorky and sad
>>
>>54824498
>do my best to comfort her when she's constantly getting anxious over nothing
>hang out in a group all the time
>we spend a lot of time alone
>tell her I'll always be there for her
>she has her first (couple) times with some mexican dude who just found his way into our cliche
I have 4 other stories just like this.
I know there's two sides to every story and a good possibility that I wasn't assertive enough, but please don't treat me like someone who sees themself "connected" with people I can only hold a door open for.
>>
>>54824441
Girls want nice guys, girls don't want guys who think that being nice means that sex is imminent.
>>54824493
How bout you use an actual icebreaker. Say something like "Hey, how about we grab a drink after this." We're mad at you because you're about to put a poor girl off interaction at your LGS forever. What happens if she doesn't appreciate it? Now you've set yourself up for public rejection. Nobody likes to publicly reject someone else, so now you've caused a strong guilty reaction every time she thinks about you, or goes to the LGS, or plays Magic the Gathering, because she'll associate it with that one time a guy asked her out by giving her a sweaty Heart of Kiran and she had to turn him down.
>>
>>54824568
Didn't it take him like 5 games to actually draw the card before he could play it?
>>
>>54824570
>do my best
>tell her I'll always be there for her
clearly you are telling her what you want not what she needs to hear fucking hell the men these days
I know guys like you
theres a reason why "nice" doesnt work, its because you have no idea what you are doing
>>
>>54824594
who the shit cares this is cringe incarnate
>>
>>54824568
Yeah, but it's just dorky and sad, and could be fine if you are both into mtg and have rather uneventful lives. Compared to this fedora-tier shit though, it sounds amazing.
>>
>>54824594
>Not demonic tutoring for your marriage

Step it up, Garfield.
>>
>>54824570
This toxic relationship shit again... She doesn't want a shoulder to cry on, though that's nice. She wants someone who has a two way relationship with her. Ask yourself this. She may have relied on you, but did you ever rely on her? And not for something minor. Did you ever go to her to talk to her about your own life?
>>
>>54824570
>>54822857

We /r9k/ now
>>
>>54824619
It works if you're the guy who invented the game.
It doesn't in like any other scenario.
>>
>>54824643
>Not demonic tutoring for your marriage
this lol
>>
Is the commander itself a decent wincon in a control deck? Assuming it does 4-5 damage per turn and you can keep a pretty tight grip on the other 2 players?
>>
>>54824602
>tells me several times I "always say the right things at the right time"
>lol just telling you what you want to hear
I've spent more than my share of time with women. Some work out, some don't.
Doesn't change the fact that I will be bitter about all of them.

>>54824676
So, when you're playing stax but not drawing your wincon?
Yeah, commander damage is always viable and really adds up. That's why you should swing as often as possible with them without overextending yourself.
>>
>>54824676
Does it have evasion and/or protection? Something like Geist of Saint Traft with a Steel of the Godhead, yes, something like Padeem and a Loxodon Warhammer, no.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>54824707
>I will be bitter about all of them
>>
>>54824570
>don't treat me like someone who sees themself "connected" with people I can only hold a door open for
>do my best to comfort her when she's constantly getting anxious over nothing

It does sound like you aren't very empathic to her concers, which doesn't bode well for a relationship.
And this whole deck plan seems like it will make her feel pressured and probably make your friendship quite awkwards. You should really try just talk with her.

And don't try to go for the always there help you. People don't fall in love with their crutches, they fall in love with people.
>>
>>54824708
Now picture Granny Sengir with a Nightmare Lash.
>>
File: cardart_KLD_Panharmonicon.jpg (247KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_KLD_Panharmonicon.jpg
247KB, 550x300px
Can you stack a Wizard's ETB trigger so that you get multiple clones out of Inalla's eminence ability with Panharmonicon?
>>
Can we go back to talking about how janky we can make Mairsil?
>>
File: 1495841983725.jpg (232KB, 554x548px) Image search: [Google]
1495841983725.jpg
232KB, 554x548px
/r9k/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>54824736
Only if Inalla is on the battlefield.
>>
>>54824708
No evasion or protection, but good colours for keeping it alive. I was thinking Grand Arbiter or Oloro.

>>54824707
No, I mean as the wincon. My group is really against combos and I can't exactly fit a good number of creatures to swing with. blightsteel's a tad mana needy
>>
>>54824739
Sage of Hours is the be all end all.
Until that time you use any variant of Morphling to make him the slipperiest son of a bitch on the battlefield.
>>
File: Packed.png (594KB, 795x370px) Image search: [Google]
Packed.png
594KB, 795x370px
>>54824739
About this janky.
>>
I have to be the one to break the news, don't it?

>>54823985
>>54822857
Look man, I speak from experience, THIS DOESN'T WORK. You end up making shit incredibly awkward. It's actually worse if you do cutesy anime/movie bullshit like this, unless you're SuperChad LIGHTNINGcock. It's just pathetic. All it's going to do is exclude you from the group, and she's probably leaving the group to avoid bullshit from the rest of your friends.

Have you considered normal approaches? Asking her out like a normal person, getting rejected and moving on?
>>
>>54824766
What does mirror gallery even see play in?
I don't see why it should have that pricetag.
>>
>>54824776
>I speak from experience,

storytime?
>>
>>54824776
>normal approaches
That's against the spirit of EDH though.
>>
>>54824788
Ixalan is doing some fucky shit with Legendary Planeswalkers, so Mirror Gallery Superfriends.
>>
>>54824455
I wouldn't be surprised if that guy didn't even stay into The Dark.
The Chronicles RL bullshit happened because by the time of Fallen Empires, 90% of the people who started the game with Alpha had moved on and only grognards trying to pull a 90's comic book bubble with their single beat up $60 Nicol Bolas remained.

I only have my 93/94 cards because I put them in a binder with pepsicards and shit. I dropped out of the game until Invasion because I didn't want to play with that kind of people and didn't find a cool playgroup until my college roomate bought a couple Portal 2e starters.
>>
>>54824450
You laugh, but he's already Tier 1.5

>>54824792
Nah. I can't even remember half of the shit I did for her. Point is, don't do anime shit. Just ask the girl out, and be done with it. Jesus fuck, this is basic ass shit you learn in middle school.
>>
>>54824860
>You laugh, but he's already Tier 1.5

lmao what
>>
>>54824860
>You laugh, but he's already Tier 1.5
yeha right behind my super secret pharika tech
you know I won a store tournament with it right?
shit those 10 1/1s I made really added up
>>
Fuck this. No Brimaz and only 17 creatures but at least it has Mirari's wake.
>>
>>54824860
>Tier 1.5
Yup, right behind Aboshan Stax, trust me, this is objective.
>>
File: tiers.jpg (98KB, 409x569px) Image search: [Google]
tiers.jpg
98KB, 409x569px
>>54824872
>>54824877
>>
>>54824886
>only 17 creatures
Anon, look at the full list. The new creatures are at the bottom.
>>
>>54824498
>>54824582
Girls really don't want nice guys. Girls want assertive guys. Niceness is for the groveling underclass.
>But I don't want to be an asshole
That you think basic business behavior is being an asshole indicates why you're an underclass, zero value beta who'll never get a girl. Be succing and speak true. That shows real respect for your audience and is more attractive than the artificial pomp of chivalry.
>>
>>54824788
It's a one-of-a-kind card from an underopened set from over 10 years ago that's never been reprinted.
>>
>>54824908
This guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Razaketh is just regarded as a worse sidisi in cEDH.
>>
>>54824928
moshi moshi baitu desu
>>
>>54824753
>>54824753
anyone?
>>
>>54824928
Girls want guys who are nice, not guys whose only redeeming quality is not being an asshole.
>>
>>54824518
They should have swapped the two names
>>
File: 1487588851852.png (136KB, 255x264px) Image search: [Google]
1487588851852.png
136KB, 255x264px
>>54824776
>cutesy anime/movie stuff
>anon hasn't mentioned or done anything related to these things.

He's just approaching the situation the wring way. Anime or movies have nothing to do with it. Just sounds like you're finding every reason to bash on other people's interests.
>>
>>54824947
>sac outlet that can tutor anything at instant speed as many times as needed is worse than a one-shot tutor that has a sac/tutor only on ETB
What?
>>
>>54824676
Ask Thraximundar.
>>
>>54824753
Honestly, yeah. Stick a one mana Steel of the Godhead on GAAIV and go to town. Though making Bruna Stax will probably work out better.
>>
>>54824980
> Just sounds like you're finding every reason to bash on other people's interests.
While we're using armchair psychology, it's kinda fucked up that you're sadistic enough to let him do something as obviously stupid as this.
>>
>>54824985
>as many times as needed

You need creatures unless you just eat Razaketh, at which point he'd literally just be a more expensive Sidisi.
>>
>>54824985
>5 mana that acts as it's own fuel is better than 8 mana that requires other creatures and life
Yes.
>>
>>54825013
You can't even eat Raz, he needs another creature.
>>
>>54824989
>>54824991
Now that's not a bad idea at all. I was going for a commander that helped draw or made things difficult for my opponents but as long as the colors are good I could likely just use the commander as a beater and the other 99 as the control.

What worries me is losing GAAIV to something and then losing Steel as well.
>>
>>54825013
Oh wait, I forgot. Razaketh can't even eat himself.
>>
File: 1477458154388.jpg (18KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1477458154388.jpg
18KB, 375x305px
>>54824928
>used the word beta

How ripped are you, anon? You sound like a /fit/ douchebag wifebeater.
>>
>>54824985
3 manacheaper and you probably won't need another tutor for what you are about to do. He is probably better for casual.
>>
Can our next thread not be /r2k/ because of some bait?
>>
>>54825052
>/fit/ douchebag wifebeater.

Cringe. 1. Using "douchebag" as insult makes you sound like a fucking creeper. 2.
>/fit/
>women
>>
File: Ha.jpg (19KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ha.jpg
19KB, 640x360px
>>54825052

> not him, but qeq...

Mmk, nu-male, ook, i's ok. He'll go away right...now, he's gone, O.K.?
>>
>>54825036
Plenty of good ideas for if you go Bruna. Pentarch Ward.
>>
>>54820948
Holy shit that fountain t
>>
>>54825052
Most /fit/izens don't see people as betas, because everyone has the potential to better themselves. True althetes know that everyone starts somewhere and if you lack in one department then you more than likely make up for it in another, something that applies both to fitness and mental/social capabilities.

People who use the term "beta" are typically kidding or just using it as a generic insult.
People who refer to themselves as "alpha" are social parasites.
>>
>>54824792
Not him but
>Prepare a musical number for a girl
>Get rejected
>Write a whole book of love poems for a project, dedicate it to a girl
>Get rejected
>Help girl get out of trouble with gansgters
>Get rejected
>Draw fantasy art for a girl
>Get rejected

On the other hand
>Smile at a girl at the library, accidentally bump into her while walking down the stairs and go for a kiss
4 years long relationship.
>Spend a whole concert chilling with a girl, at the end hold her by the hand to get past the crowd (we were front row), when we're out hold her in my arms and kiss her
2 years and counting.

The later two girls I met the same day I started dating them. The others I had been "courting" for months.
Women really don't like niceties, they like balls and clear talk.
>>
>>54822626

> slug theme when?
>>
File: rps20170811_162834.jpg (19KB, 1076x240px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170811_162834.jpg
19KB, 1076x240px
>>54825202

Forgot pic
>>
The Virgin Timmy Player vs. The Chad Combo Player

who wins?
>>
>>54825052
7'2", 320lbs scottish bearman.
You don't need to be ripped not to be "beta", you just need to love yourself and respect others. Don't be a scummy little rat trying to manipulate other people's feelings with weird stuff.
>>
>>54825250
The Spike.
>>
>>54824788
All cards that interact with legendary creatures are having price spikes due to ixalan leaks creating air of speculation about rule changes.
>>
>>54825250
Is /edhg/ going to get our own version of the HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME guy now?
>>
>>54825250
Other variations

The Virgin Pack Buyer vs. The Chad Singles Buyer

The Virgin Standard Players vs. The Chad Modern Player

The Virgin Deck Builder vs. The Chad Precon User
>>
Just finished trying the Vampire deck against a friend of mine's WIP Eldrazi deck
I had it slightly modified, for example I removed the curses since the vampire deck easily includes the weakest ones to include for example Bloodline Keeper, but it was 90-95% the same deck that comes out from the box
The most difficult part is having it start, what with the awful lands they put in it and the fact that the vampires are costly and actually very few in the deck that is supposed to be a vampire tribal deck, but once it starts it can work nicely and be pretty fun to play
>>
Is Riptide Laboratory even good? If all you're doing is trying to get ETB value from it, isn't something like Conjurer's Closet better?
>>
>>54825330
It's a land.
Having effects stapled to lands is huge value.
>>
if i wanna build a dragon deck with the Ur-dragon as the commander should i buy the precon or just start from scratch? i know the manabase is shitty but i believe i can salvage it with shit from my other decks
>>
>>54825330
It's good because the effect is on a land, so you lose nothing except some color fixing by running it. That said, it's not $20+ buyout good, but it has two new commanders that want it.
>>
>>54825391
How many of the dragons do you already have?
>>
File: EDH4LYFE.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EDH4LYFE.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>54825283
That makes a themed and colorless deck, stomps _and_ showboats, because I FUCKING CAN!I'M PI-....aghrmm, nevermind.
>>
>>54825391
I'd get the precon, personally. It at least gives you something to start with.
>>
>>54825330

Sometimes you'd rather just control when the creature is returned and when it comes back in
>>
>>54825330
Conjurer's Closet isn't great for Snapcaster Mage or Venser.
>>
>>54825330
It's essential if you want to build blue Braids, but as anon said, it's not 20$ worth just to stick in average wizards tribal.
>>
>>54825133
>Most /fit/izens don't see people as betas

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54825391

I keep my precons together. I have quite a few cards and see more value in not losing them in the lot.

Get'em early, because it's going to go up Fast...or not, I still find Japanese ones at my wally world. Hrmm.....
>>
>>54825330
Only non-fetch, non-shock, non-dual, non-wasteland commander legal lands worth more than $10 are Cabal Coffers, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth, Deserted Temple, Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum, Academy Ruins and Cavern of Souls.
>>
>>54825529
>reflecting pool sitting at $9
I see you're a fellow who doesn't like to round up.
>>
>>54825484

> ex-Army

Bwoy, don'chu fuckin' laugh and look at me, ya'HEAR?
>>
>>54825529
Laboratory broke $15 seconds after the decklists showed it wasn't going to be reprinted.
>>
>>54825515
Considering the only card SCG is presaling for $9 or higher is Ur-Dragon, and motherfucking Rudy of all people has 700 sets for patreon "rewards". These are gonna shelf-warm.

WotC always does this. The underprinted C11 so they overprinted C13 and it shelfwarmed so they underprinted C14 and people were pissed so they overprinted C15 and it shelfwarmed so they underprinted C16...
>>
File: 305[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
305[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54825529
Hola, fuckboy.
>>
New thread fucking where?
>>
>>54825581
Rudy did the same thing with c16 and does with boxes regularly. He is making enough money from patreon/yt to do it and it makes the channel more popular.

It's not like the guy would hoard every single thing that he gets his hands on, he still needs to make money just by selling it on release.
>>
File: 273[1].jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
273[1].jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54825529
>>
>>54823826

Kinda wondering the same but for the Wizards deck. It feels like it's pulling in a few different directions at once and I'm not really sure what to do with it.

I think I want more ramp, and a few specific cards would probably be nice (Thousand-Year Elixir, Dramatic Reversal, riptide lab, better lands, more once sided board wipes) but I still feel like it'll be too janky to win most of the time. I figure I want to win with Invalla's wizard laser, but I'm not sure how to consistently generate the wizards to do that.
>>
>>54825566
And it's definitely not worth that price. That's the buyout price.
>>
File: 133[1].jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
133[1].jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>54825529
Should've thrown "non-manland" in there too.
>>
>>54825323
>precon user.
You moron, virgins are the deck builders, normies are the precon users. Chads are net-deckers.
>>
>>54825642
Actually, the buyout price is $20-$25.
It's probably going to easily settle in the $12-$15 range once it calms down a bit.
>>
>>54825632
But he didn't have 700 sets of C16, he had like 400.
Point is the print run for C17 is close to double that of C16 so don't go crazy and let yourself be scammed like Ur Dragon is Atraxa 2.0, it isn't.
>>
>>54825668
Okay

The Virgin Deck Brewer vs. The Chad Net-Decker

>Virgin
>Thinks he's good at the game
>Refuses to look and see what other's are doing for ideas and see if he can't improve upon existing decks
>thinks net-decking goes against the "spirit of the game"

>chad
>plays to win
>doesn't play standard so he has money to own every deck in modern
>net-decks and modifies his deck to fit local meta
>knows how stacks work
>>
/tg, what is the most you've spent on a deck? How much was it. What was so costly.

I'm a student so i can't afford to spend that much on one deck. But i've prob spent 500USD on my Gitrog deck, including alot of pimp. Long time goal is foiling it out
>>
>>54825529
You actually missed a ton of things like City of Shadows, technically Dark Depths but I can see passing on it, Dryad Arbor, Eldrazi Temple, Flagstones, etc.
>>
>>54825658
That shit's not worth it's price.
Neither is Creeping-Tar Pit. Reprint fucking when REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Also fuck Blackcleave Cliffs.
>>
>>54825713
I have no actual idea how much I spent on it, but my Mishra deck (soon to be Mairsil) is over $2000. Mostly it's a Mishra's Workshop I got for like $300 a few years ago.
>>
>>54825697
Even if the print run is the same, the decks are way worse. Probably the worst we had so far. Rudy selling c17 isn't really a proof of anything, that's all.
>>
>>54825713
>Bruse-Reyhan for 1v1
>10 fetchlands, 6 dual lands
>Mox Diamond, Tarmogoyf, Liliana of the Veil, Dark Confidant, Wasteland
>Most everything else is in the $6-10 range
>Bruse gets banned

At least I actually made a bunch (over $400) back by winning tournaments and use every card in other decks except for fucking Diamond and Goyf which are now trade fodder.
>>
>>54825710
>chad
>knowing how the stack works
Only for the 100 cards that've ever been in his hand.
If I had a dollar for each time I had to slow down for netdeckers despite me clearly anniuncing the order of triggers and stopping to ask if he has a response at every interval I'd have an alpha badlands.
>>
>>54824450
got my screen. How bout y'all?

Also is it me or has there been an increase in memes coming out of this general?

scarred puma
>>
>>54825749
Stop getting triggered by Rudy. He's only mentioned because he disclosed his stock is twice as large as last year and the same should be true for most every store including big box.
These decks will be readily avaliable everywhere for what's rest of the year at least.
>>
>>54825777
Don't build the most OP shit for 1v1, bans happen all the time there
>>
>>54824570
So she's banging someone else, too?
Nice. This gets better every post.
>>
>>54825793
Okay anon you try and make a better Virgin vs. Chad meme than
>>
>>54825828
Chads don't play magic.
Fags that pretend to be Chads take up a good ~30% of the playerbase though.
>>
>>54825841
What about the NFL player who plays Magic and EDH?
>>
File: download (7).jpg (5KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
5KB, 279x180px
>>54824615

Ya know....a long time ago things were the First EVER!

Can you believe these shucks ACTUALLY took pictures of their "First" "Flight", what poorfags.
>>
>>54825856
Marketing Appeal.
Body Doubles.
Scripted Events.
>>
>>54825862
>when you just want to innovate and accidentally create a prototype warmachine
>>
>>54825862
>this piss poor analogy
Go back to /v/
>>
I've never played Mardu before, but Vampires have always been one of my favorite tribes. So if I play Edgar, should I utilize a more Boros offense, or play more on an Orzhov control?
>>
>>54825972
The majority of vampires are black and secondarily red. You're mostly going to be playing Rakdos with access to good White and White/Black removal.
>>
>>54826016
Got it. Ty.
>>
File: 95.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>Inalla
>>
>>54822106
2015 had the best decks out of the box (aside from the shitty boros deck).
>>
New thread >>54826098
New thread >>54826098
New thread >>54826098
New thread >>54826098
>>
>>54822106
2016 was a little too good out of the box. I think 2013 was nice for precons
>>
>>54825731
You have a decklist for that?
>>
File: get bent.jpg (105KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
get bent.jpg
105KB, 960x720px
>>54825963

You mean /k-biz-pol-o-trv/? Naw, I'm sorting cards, might as look and shop for them too.
>>
>>54823985
Are you sure dude? You may publicly humiliate yourself. It's not worth it.
>>
>>54825323
The beta netdecker vs the chad home brewer
>>
>>54821372
Most playgroups allow a 15 card "sideboard" for Wish effects.
Thread posts: 500
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.