[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 78

File: HfXmIvC.jpg (28KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
HfXmIvC.jpg
28KB, 500x313px
Dark North Edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous Thread: >>54802796
>>
Why do people hate 8th edition, while loving TWW's fluff which is based on 8th edition!?
>>
File: Haven_Might_Female.jpg (764KB, 1000x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Haven_Might_Female.jpg
764KB, 1000x1153px
Let's say the Empire is currently not in the progress of being invaded by chaos and just doing empire things

Would they give a shit and respond if Estalia was invaded and burnt to the ground by a non-human faction? Bretonnia is indisposed at this time in the story to do so.
>>
>>54820046
It depends. There was that huge crusade they launched when Araby conquered Estalia, pushed for by the church, but that was because Araby was seen as an existential religious threat due to their enforced monotheism. I think. Actually in not sure why the Empire got involved in that
>>
>>54820046
you might get some knightly orders and maybe a province or two to go on crusade
>>
>>54820107
Because Bretonnia would just fuck it up and make it so everyone south of the chaos wastes speaks Arabic.
>>
File: bret sexism.jpg (66KB, 490x301px) Image search: [Google]
bret sexism.jpg
66KB, 490x301px
What did GW mean by this?
>>
>>54820174
Good 'ol gender rivalry
>>
>>54820174
Heh.
>>
>>54820046
Are you asking this because its the bonus objective of the beastmen faction, to ravage Estalia?
>>
File: 1500928761856.png (460KB, 678x834px) Image search: [Google]
1500928761856.png
460KB, 678x834px
>>54819993
Presumably because the team behind Total Warhammer do it better?

I mean, its the most logical assumption.
>>
>>54820174
Coudn't they get their heads lopped off? Fey Enchantress is the top authority in the land.
>>
>>54820259
Well, it's a story based on two of my beastmen campaigns combined, so sort of
>>
How do the Hung and Kurgan differ from the Norscans? Have they different units, worship the chaos gods under different names or are they just other barbarians (Hung as treacherous chinese, Kurgan as mongols and the Norscans as vikings)?
>>
>>54819993
TWW's lore is open to whoever you're playing as. It performs its purpose by functioning as a setting where as a bunch of shit in 8th and end times was "shit happens and there's nothing you can do about it."
>>
>>54820509
Yes
>>
>>54820509
Pretty much all of the above.
>>
>>54820317
Yeah, this would be like flipping the bird to the Pope of Bretonnia.
>>
Why were people complaining about how Wulfrik looks? He loos exactly like his table top art.
>>
>>54820174
That they had to live their whole lives bring inferior to elves and now that they have power over the mere mortals they don't like someone else as an equal.
>>
File: WoCWulfrik.jpg (67KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
WoCWulfrik.jpg
67KB, 873x627px
>>54821212
His beard looks a bit bigger than in the tabletop, and he is sporting a mohawk that some people might not really see it in the piece.

If i'm honest, I think he looks really close enough that there is no problem for other differences. The only thing I might agree is that skeleton on his back, that is too close to edgelord/narm to be a good concept design for anything;
>>
>>54820174
Old lore that ain't canon, though it's interesting that it wasn't long ago that it was.
>>
>>54820509
It's mostly differences in culture and location. Norscans are vikings, Kurgan are Turks, and Hung are Mongols.
>>
Historical Chinese armies had repeater crossbows right?
Dark elves seem like a good army to at least get bits from for Cathay then, if not as an army book to play them off as.
>>
File: Warhammer_Great_Taures.png (968KB, 579x838px) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_Great_Taures.png
968KB, 579x838px
>>54819870
Soon
>>
>>54821291
Don't forget that they didn't model in his weird tongue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs
>>
File: 1502178442918.png (4MB, 2250x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1502178442918.png
4MB, 2250x1265px
what is the greatest fortification/fortress/citadel, as in hardest to conquer and easiest to defend in WHFB?
Is there any such legendary fortress or does anything fall if the fluff demands it to fall to advance the plot?
>>
>>54821407
The Balefiend's tail is the most egregious error, personally.
>>
>>54821407
Isn't his tounge just kind of shaped like a bird's? Not even that strange.
>>
File: 20170811135812_1.jpg (617KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170811135812_1.jpg
617KB, 1920x1080px
FOR CHAOS!! For the Everchosen!

And so ends my Norsca campaign, ending as a general in Archaeon's endless hosts. No reason to fight the Everchosen, for he is canonically superior to Wulfrik.
>>
>>54821514
Great bastion? That emerald tower, or the tower of Ghorgoth, or the city of the dawi zar, or even any given undercity.
>>
>>54821529
Strange for a human....to have.

>>54821551
Have they added an ending to the game yet?
>>
>>54821514
In the Empire it would be Middenheim, famously, and then perhaps Talabheim.

Other than that, the Dwarf Karaks should be incredibly hard to conquer but they always end up falling anyway.
>>
I'm looking to use the Fimir in WFRP 2E. Does anyone know if they are amphibious? I'd like to set up a Shadow Over Innsmouth situation but with Fimir instead of Deep Ones, but I don't know if they can even swim.
>>
>>54821551
Fucking hell that is one nightmare of an army i imagine all of the other generals have similar armies.
>>
File: Archaon.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>tfw you don't like Abaddon but love Archaon
>>
Can we, as Wulfrik, declare war on the Everchosen and usurp his title?

Also, ETA on a mod that makes the Norscan faction not weirdly focused on fucking monsters/animals?
>>
>>54822000

there are 2 more full stacks hidden,
in front of the 5
>>
>>54822026
Yes you can totaly do that but the means facing the full brunt of the Everchosen.
>>
File: Arthas.jpg (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Arthas.jpg
454KB, 1920x1080px
>>54822020
>tfw you don't like both but love Arthas
>>
>>54822061
As if Wulfrik would hide from such a challenge. What greater beast to hunt than the Everchosen of Chaos himself? He basically retire at that point.
>>
File: Gobbla eats chaos for food.png (4MB, 1874x2126px) Image search: [Google]
Gobbla eats chaos for food.png
4MB, 1874x2126px
>>54822020
>mfw I dislike 40k and chaos but love WHF

(forgot pic)
>>
>>54822020
I kinda like Archaon, if I ignore his later fluff. He earned his place as Everchosen, and is badass enough to unite all the tribes in a way not seen since Asavar Kul. And he's not even of the northern tribes.
>>
>>54821814
>The Fimir are amphibious humanoid monsters that haunt bogs, fens and desolate moorlands throughout the northern and western Old World.
(Storm of Magic?)

Have fun with Deep Fimir anon
>>
>>54822403
Cheers mate, that's peachy keen.
>>
>>54821314
We don't care too much about Bretonnia canon in this thread.
>>
>>54822994
Are you serious? I see Bretonnian lore getting argued about about as much as anything. A good portion of anons are probably diehard Bret fans.
>>
>>54823059
What I meant was that we don't care too much about where the fluff comes from. 5th edition, 6th edition, Manowar, the rpg, Total War, it's all good.
>>
>>54822994
Va te faire baiser, paysan.
>>
File: archaon.jpg (289KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
archaon.jpg
289KB, 780x1040px
I want this version of Archaon for the End Times patch in the third game of Total War: Warhammer
>>
>>54823443
God no. Keep that fucking shit far away.
>>
>>54823116
Understandable, but some things have clearly been retconned - in 6th edition, there are no Bretonnian male wizards. While we can keep stuff like Repanse and Tristan le Troubadour since those aren't retconned by later lore, and even Man o' War stuff because it isn't directly challenged, in this case it's directly stated no where it used to be yes.
>>
>>54823443
Out of all of the AoS/End Times stuff I've seen, this looks the most like it belongs in World of Warcraft.
>>
>>54823578

WoW and Warhammer are basically interchangeable, and don't even pretend otherwise.

Dumb, blind fanboy.
>>
>>54823620
wc1 and 2 were similar to WHFB
Everything since cataclysm is full on AoS tier.
>>
>>54819993
It's not focused in enough for the 8e stink to be noticeable.
>>
>>54823620
Dude. Get your bait out of this thread.
>>
>>54823620
Warhammer has some over the top designs, but WoW overall looks more clean and cartoony, like that model.
>>
File: screaming with rocks.png (5MB, 1475x1716px) Image search: [Google]
screaming with rocks.png
5MB, 1475x1716px
>>54821551
>>
>>54823756
>>54823689

So WC1-3 is interchangeable with WHFB

and WoW is interchangeable with Age of Sigmar

interdasting
>>
>>54821814
They're amphibious. The old warpstone fanzine (repub of material that would have been for a Hogshead 1e supplement) reckons a fimir can hold his breath for 15 minutes.

Speaking of fimir, where do you guys stand?

>Ogre-sized or man-sized?

>Chaos-worshipers, Chaos-betrayed and hostile, Chaos-betrayed and trying to get back in the good graces of the Four, or always hostile to Chaos?

>Spawn of a daemon and a witch or origin unknown?

>Infertile due to Chaos fuckery or due to their fundamental nature?

>Trying to chimp out and end existence, trying to regain their strength, or trying to simply survive (possibly resisting Chaos in the doing)?
>>
File: Archaon.png (84KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
84KB, 780x780px
>>54822020
>>
>>54823519
>Man o' War stuff because it isn't directly challenged

It is though.
>>
>>54823842
I don't think WH and WoW were ever interchangeable in terms of aesthetics. There were similarities, sure, but you would never look at an old WH mini and ask yourself "Are they making a WoW mini game now?"

The reason I like WH more than WoW is because it doesn't look clean and cartoony, or at least it didn't.
>>
>>54819870
So, I was reading up on Skeggi, and I can't help but wonder... how cosmopolitan is WHFB?

I mean, the fluff seems to imply that Norscans can be found serving as mercenaries or just hanging around port towns all over the world, and in some places they cooperate fully with New Worlders and others. Considering that they worship the Chaos Gods, that seems... wrong.

So, like, how does this shit work? Could you have a Norsii Chaos worshiping motherfucker running around with your typical WHFBRPG party?
>>
>>54823842
>So WC1-3 is interchangeable with WHFB

Absolutely fucking not. Not even close.
>>
File: 1483578806019.jpg (680KB, 904x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1483578806019.jpg
680KB, 904x1313px
>>54823847
>Man-sized, possibly growing to Ogre size

>Chaos-betrayed, but with variation - most focusing on their own individual goals, have their own god (Balot, see pic related), but others desiring to get approval from Chaos Gods or their demons

>Origin unknown

>Chaos fuckery - Big Four probably love the fact that they mess with humans to survive, even if not in direct service of themz

>Survival with some regaining strength - some see joining up with Chaos best way, others see resisting the betrayers best way, others just want to be left alone
>>
>>54824079
I think most southern Norscans don't worship the chaos gods directly, more like they worship their own gods that probably have similarities to the chaos gods or a weird interpretation of Sigmar or Manaan that has more in common with Khorne than the imperial cult if you look into it so they can get away with trading and working within the Empire as long as they aren't trying to start a cult or have any mutations.
>>
>>54824079
Norscans don't worship the chaos goods as directly as you might imagine.

Plus there is differences between tribes and depending on their geographical locations.

The marauders that you see in the chaos armies are most extreme version of their people you will encounter, but there's less... faithful... variants as well.

Norscan explorers or adventurers don't have to be BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, they have other goals in life.
>>
>>54824079
As far as I understand, Norscans, especially from the less hostile southern parts of Norsca, are willing to serve as mercenaries and trade in places like L'Anguille and Marienburg. I don't think any of them stop worshiping Chaos, though I suppose worshiping Tor or Ulric is a possibility, but usually they claim to worship Ursash, a deity of battle that they hold as being an aspect of Ulric, while usually being Khorne or something.

Apparently that sort of shit doesn't happen at all with Kurgans or Hung, which is kind of sad.
>>
>>54824251

Not him but are all Norscans essentially evil/bad people, or can some of them have a morality system similar to the Empire's men?
>>
>>54824079
Personally I'm not sure how much Norsca fluff is "northern barbarians" vs not-chaos-warriors-barbarians-who-still-worship-chaos.

A lot of the later stuff seems like chaos wank, as the setting is wont to do. I don't imagine too many Norscan warriors in foreign ports are erecting shrines to the chaos gods though.

Then again the setting isn't very clear on Chaos as an institution, as far as recruiting in the civilized world goes. I mean worshipping the ruinous powers isn't exactly something that lends itself to recruitment unless you've already fallen in to the particular vice one of the gods represent. But that's pretty par for the course as a matter of books skimming on the day to day lives of factions in favor of awesome war shit.
>>
>>54821291
Honestly to me it seems that they just did him as a much younger man. His model is him after decades (centuries?) of traveling the world to prove an impossible boast.
It's supposed to be a curse, after all.
>>
>>54824690
I think there is a bit of a disconnect with the Army Books sort of fluff, and the WHRP sort of fluff. Army books are more concerned with background reasons for why your forces are fighting, and they're much more willing to work with absolutes, even if there's still encouragement for players to create their own lore if they want to do things a bit differently. WHRP is trying to create a world less on a scale of nations and armies, but on small groups of people and cities. And it wants to try and include a lot of options for adventurers, even in this grimdark universe.

So where the army book for Chaos is willing to say that all Norscans are foul servants of the Chaos Gods, only travelling south to pillage and slaughter, WHRP books are more willing to try and explain Norscan mercenaries and traders, trying to make a more interconnected world. Though WHRP can also confusingly be willing to impose hard limits and say 'you can't do that.' I also don't always enjoy the idea of the GMing style necessary for a few of their pre-written adventures.
>>
>>54824456
We'll the morality is going to be different as a matter of different cultures and their respective lots in life. I imagine your typical Norsca spends their life hunting bears and wolves and shit, while some raid coastal areas until they fuck up and desert their tribe or get left behind, at which point they're probably "adopted" by other port Norscans who show them the ropes of life down south, while still others go full chaos-tard and become the maurauders we're most familiar with.

As far as morality, it's probably more in lines of tribes versus peasants, although I would imagine Norscan Emmigrants would understand beating someone to death with a donkey jaw probably doesn't fly down south, although it may be kosher in a congregation of norscans who see the value in resolving an argument with violence.
>>
>>54823860
>Hates Bloodbowl

Truely evil.
>>
File: magrut.jpg (218KB, 521x866px) Image search: [Google]
magrut.jpg
218KB, 521x866px
Is this still canon?
>>
>>54821380
They did and invented them pretty early on too, but in real life the necessary ease of draw needed to swiftly re-cock the bow meant it wasn't very powerful.
At the time however most infantryman we're relatively lightly armored, so it didn't matter too much.
>>
>>54824079
Pre-6th edition Norse are just vikings who don't worship Chaos, post-6th edition Norse are all Chaos all the time.
>>
>>54822089
Arthas at first is more Elric of Melnibone (they all but rip off his sword's name) which means at first he's more like Malus Darkblade.
Later on when he's the Lich-King I guess he's like Archaeon, sorta.
>>
>>54823620
(you)
>>
>>54825137
Depends. Did he take Michelle as his trophy wife, being the most orcy human he ever encountered, raiding the countryside in a massive Waaaaauuugh to provide trinkets for his true love?
>>
Does anyone have a quick reference guide to 2nd edition whrp
>>
File: CHEAT SHEET.pdf (988KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CHEAT SHEET.pdf
988KB, 1x1px
>>54825334
?
>>
>>54825180
Arthas is really just the shallow aspects of Elric though (i.e. having a soul-drinking sword). I don't really think you can even call him an Elric analogue, because he has so little in common with him in terms of character and motivation. Arthas is ultimately a traditionally noble prince who gets slowly corrupted by the horror of war and the influence of an evil artifact. He's kinda like a very shallow Boromir who actually gets his One Ring equivalent and becomes the dark lord.

Malus as a character, even the society he lives in, is really much closer to Elric. Which isn't a bad thing exactly, because Elric is fantastic, and Malus is different enough that he feels distinct while hitting the same notes.
>>
>>54825485
Well, Warcrap has always done everything wrong, so.
>>
>>54824456
There is at least one Norscan king that launched a crusade against the Chaos wastes
>>
>>54825485
If you combine Naggaroth (casually evil people who creative torture everybody who are tall, pale, and tends towards darker hair when they aren't albinos) and Ulthuan (circular island with inner sea and lots of "Dragon Princes" sleeping there) you get Melnibone it seems like.
>>
>>54825582
That might not necessarily be a religious/"we hate Chaos" thing but more of a "goddammit, we gotta go kill some of these kurgans and demons so they stop fucking raiding us" thing.
>>
>>54823443
just reskin the chaos dragon
>>
What's up with the Winds of Chaos critical hit charts? Why are they so much less lethal? Are they better or worse than the existing tables?
>>
>>54823847
>Ogre-sized or man-sized?
Mid way perhaps?

>Chaos-worshipers, Chaos-betrayed and hostile, Chaos-betrayed and trying to get back in the good graces of the Four, or always hostile to Chaos?
Worshippers of Daemon Princes and lesser chaos gods, not hostile to chaos but the Big Four don't really give a shit about them.

>Spawn of a daemon and a witch or origin unknown?
Origin unknown, because I like them a bit alien.

>Infertile due to Chaos fuckery or due to their fundamental nature?
Let's say fundamental nature as a consequence of being an ancient, liminal, dwindling race.

>Trying to chimp out and end existence, trying to regain their strength, or trying to simply survive (possibly resisting Chaos in the doing)?
Trying to survive, but if the opportunity arises they wouldn't be too unhappy with the end of the world.

I like Fimir as a kind of ancient relict race from an earlier time that lurk at the edges of things - in the marshes at the border of land and water, in the fog at the border of light and dark. Forsaken by their gods and forgotten by mortals. They're sad, really.
>>
So Malekith's mother is basically responsible for driving her son insane and being burned alive. Deep down he must know he will have to kill her eventually? there is good in him.
>>
>>54826528
No there isn't.
>>
File: IMG_0193.png (13KB, 274x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.png
13KB, 274x290px
>>54821551
*lightning strikes you repeatedly*
>>
>>54826582
T. Finubar
>>
File: local woman destroys the world.jpg (3MB, 1397x4147px) Image search: [Google]
local woman destroys the world.jpg
3MB, 1397x4147px
>>54826528
Yeah, she fucked up big time.
>>
File: 1482338467968.png (275KB, 373x394px) Image search: [Google]
1482338467968.png
275KB, 373x394px
>>54826650
Anyone who's had to deal with his shit.
The dark elves as a whole are a stinking log he keeps excreting.
>>
>>54826528
He'll kill her eventually, but mostly because she's a crazy-ass bitch.
>>
Oh shit I hadn't noticed that the Hellcannons are operated/maintained(?) by Chaos dwarfs
>>
File: Chaos Dorfs.png (2MB, 1316x802px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Dorfs.png
2MB, 1316x802px
>>54826860
forgot pic
>>
>>54826876
>>54826876
Now look at their armour.
>>
>>54826876
dawi from another hold arrive!
>>
File: True_King.png (421KB, 394x712px) Image search: [Google]
True_King.png
421KB, 394x712px
>>54826720
Then why was he revealed to the true king of elfkind? :^)
>>
>>54827074
Because GW really wanted to kill off Fantasy and replace it with space marines.
>>
>>54826702
That irony though.
>>
>>54821605
To be fair to our dorfbros it's because every single siege that they lose is lost because their enemy both overwhelms them numerically and sneaks behind them or digs into the underground to get to them. Attacking a Karak head-on with no dirty tricks is suicidal, or at least will require zerg rushes and casualties that only the Skaven and Orcs could bring to bear.
>>
>>54824456
At least in 6th/7th fluff the Norscans do consist of many warmongering and barbarically brutal people, but many of them serve Chaos only out of fear and force or because they're lied to and told that it's actually everyone else that's evil and horrible and not Chaos or the Norscans themselves, and if they don't get on their longships and go pillage their families will be endangered and their lands destroyed by the evil evil outside world.

Some Norscan leaders have been decent guys and a few have even rebelled against Chaos and tried (but failed) to show their kinsmen how fucked up they really are.

Though there are plenty of Norscans who are either fanatically devoted to Chaos or just love battle.
>>
Do we have any lore about Dwarf Holds in the Mountains of Morn? I've seen an abandoned one occasionally marked on a map of it, Karak Azorn, and I think there are vague references to dwarven mines in the area, though it seems like they're always getting sacked by Ogres.

I would be pleasantly surprised to hear of any surviving Dwarves in that area, especially since they would have had to survive Ogres and Orcs and Goblins, but also their nearby Chaos kin. And it'd be fun to fluff out some isolated dwarf holds like how Kraka Drak is distinct from other holds.
>>
>>54819993
What's wrong with 8th edition? I picked up and read those army pdfs after playing TWWH.
>>
>>54825379
Thanks.
>>
>>54827487
>what's wrong with blocks of infantry slowly grinding each other down for the entire game?
>>
>>54827487

There were some rule complaints. Some people didn't like the way it allowed for large infantry blocks that were unmoveable. Magic was kind of OP or worthless. Cannons were kind of out of control while monsters were garbage.

The codex books were still horribly unbalanced.

it was okay though.
>>
>>54827487
8th isn't terrible, but its fluff features several retcons and additions that are direct precursors to the boatload of anal waste that is End Times. For that reason many consider 8th to have been the edition that killed Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>54827487
From what I understand, the main problems are this: there are lore changes in there that a lot of people don't like, that some consider part of setting up for End Times, which is much more reviled.

The other part is in terms of rules - the game almost requires units with a lot of models in them, which feels more like encouragement to buy more models than for any tactical depth. But I know the magic system has been praised a bit.
>>
What is the general consensus on the crunch for Warhammer Armies Project's own fan-made 9th Edition? Is it any good or is it generally bad?
>>
File: lookingaroundcornersmaller.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
lookingaroundcornersmaller.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
>>54827606
>>
>Nova Open finally promises actual information about Shadespire

Why the hell did GW start halfheartedly shilling the thing only to go months without any new crumbs of information?
>>
>>54827660
You mean The 9th Age?
>>
>>54827756
No, I'm talking about Warhammer Armies Project, the one with all the fan-made army books for factions like Cathay and Nippon and Ind and all that. They also have made their own 9th Edition and I'm wondering if people around here generally think if the crunch (not the fluff) is any good or not.
>>
>>54823860
>sigmar fighting academy

Everytime.
>>
>>54827620
>>54827631
>>54827635
>>54827655
How different is the fluff in each book? At one point I assumed they'd be 99% the same and just picked up the latest editions.
Looking into 7ed now, unless you'd recommend earlier ones?
>>
>>54828036
Generally 6th edition seems to be considered the best edition to start from, especially in terms of lore. You're not that far wrong with your judgement - a lot of stuff does not change between editions, especially with the later ones - but in just comparing editions, you'll probably see the differences and changes. 7th and 8th are fine as long as you know what to be careful about.
>>
Any opinions on Zweihander?
>>
Has it ever been stated where Karak Unfirth lay?
>>
File: Capture.png (286KB, 1237x674px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
286KB, 1237x674px
>>54819870

Hey, would people be interested in my WFRP 2E Character Creator I made?

It auto-calculates stats, racial talents/skills, birthplace, sign, wounds etc. - It's an Excel document.
>>
>>54828960
Yes
>>
>>54826702
Holy fuck she really did completely shit up everything. Malekith actually seems like a good guy here.
>>
>>54828960
>>54828990

I'll probably look into finalizing and adding a link soon.
>>
>>54829077
he was happy playing dora the explorer.
>>
>>54828960
Fuck yes.
>>
File: 99070212001_SorceressNEW01-1.jpg (22KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99070212001_SorceressNEW01-1.jpg
22KB, 600x620px
>the dark elf sorceress has painted on abs
Huh.
>>
File: DESuccubus.jpg (63KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
DESuccubus.jpg
63KB, 873x627px
>>54829318
Abs are patrician taste.
>>
>>54829332
I have the model, that tummy is FLAT.
>>
File: Chosen-1.jpg (44KB, 625x378px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen-1.jpg
44KB, 625x378px
>using battlescribe for an empire list
>cannot have more than 1 unit of anything
>no matter how many points I spend in core, it's never enough
Was this thing programmed by ferrets?
>>
File: Grudge_against_Rock.jpg (70KB, 406x360px) Image search: [Google]
Grudge_against_Rock.jpg
70KB, 406x360px
Was this the moment when dwarfkind turned to mining and industry?
>>
File: 1484986664672.jpg (61KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1484986664672.jpg
61KB, 500x378px
>>54829528
>a grudge on a fucking mountain
>>
>>54829528
>2315
That's like last tuesday in dwarf terms.
>>
What are some slurs that could be used against the denizens of the Warhammer world? Bonus points for avoiding 'knife ears'.
>>Pike-rider.
Estalians/Tileans. Like there's a difference.
>>
>>54829974
Stunty, Middenheimer, ungol, ungol, limp-dick, bretonnian, elf, hook-nosed misers, fat fucks, fat fucks, fat fucks, chaos warrior, dumbass.
I'll leave it to you to puzzle them out.
>>
File: empireslang[1].pdf (699KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
empireslang[1].pdf
699KB, 1x1px
>>54829974
>>
>>54828522
I have a few, but I'm at work right now.
>>
File: delet this.png (109KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.png
109KB, 300x172px
>>54830049
>>bretonnian
That's the line.
>>
>>54829974
Call a Dwarf a Cleanchin to really rustle his Grudgebook.
>>
>>54830069
You know I'm right.
>>
File: 1501988904575.jpg (102KB, 540x759px) Image search: [Google]
1501988904575.jpg
102KB, 540x759px
>>54830214
Say that to me in the field and not online, fucker.
>>
>>54826702
why are they being written like they want to make fuck?

that's his mom
>>
>>54830461
Anon, I know we all joke about that, but I have no idea where you're getting those implications from in that specific text. Does someone getting angry at you and calling you worthless make you think they're up for fucking?
>>
File: 1501800677239.jpg (348KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1501800677239.jpg
348KB, 1000x1414px
>>54830461
Malekith was taught since the day he was born that he would be the Phoenix King. After Aenarion disappeared Morathi began to see Malekith as Aenarion. She's not so crazy that she doesn't realize that's her son, but is also crazy enough that she sees her former husbands face.

Plus Alexander the Great and Olympias.
>>
>>54830516
>malekith saw desire and fear in equal measure in the face of his mother and his love for her stirred him. He laid an arm about her shoulder and pulled her close to him. She quivered, though from anxiety or excitement he could not telleth
>>
>>54830585
Now I get where you're getting that, but I still take that as Malekith seeing his mom was upset and needed a hug, and she's all 'fuck yeah I've gotten him to do what I want.' It'd be a stretch to assume there's any real desire there.
>>
File: Malekith loves his mommy.png (337KB, 695x467px) Image search: [Google]
Malekith loves his mommy.png
337KB, 695x467px
>>54830659
Fine. Let's just say he wanted to calm her. I'm okay with hugging my mom, making sure she's okay.

But I sure as fuck ain't gonna lie in bed with her and brag to her about my accomplishments with the 'Witchblade' outfit Morathi is wearing.
>>
File: Reiksguard_cabalgando.jpg (30KB, 347x400px) Image search: [Google]
Reiksguard_cabalgando.jpg
30KB, 347x400px
What non-GW alternatives would you suggest for miniatures of the Empire?
>>
>>54830758
Historicals of any manufacturer depending on which nation you're running.
>>
File: 1491057085457.jpg (38KB, 398x392px) Image search: [Google]
1491057085457.jpg
38KB, 398x392px
>>54830737
Now that is where all the incest jokes really come from.

You could argue that it's part of the back and forth they do with one another, attempting to undermine the other or assert their authority - Morathi takes advantage of her beauty and her knowledge of how to talk to Malekith and calm him down, but also talks down to him and treats him like a child to remind him of her experience and how she still has yet more to teach.
>>
>>54830461

Cause they are twisted dark elves, and it's hot
>>
>>54830857
But that's kind of the point, isn't it? She uses both her beauty and her experience in politics to keep herself useful, which Malekith both begrudgingly accepts and despises. Until he can be rid of her, he has to put up with all the 'why boners' and aid he gets from her.

He learns from her, but she is still the master he needs.
>>
File: 1491480760258.jpg (69KB, 319x247px) Image search: [Google]
1491480760258.jpg
69KB, 319x247px
>>54830585

>>54830534
Malekith is basically Nero, and Morathi is Agrippina
>>
>>54828036
Basically, the earlier you go the less grimdark the setting is, at least until you reach 4th edition.
>>
>>54830857
>Now that is where all the incest jokes really come from.
It was mentioned in 4e armybook.
>>
>>54826224
???
>>
>>54826224
They are less lethal because there are five more parts of it. Apparently a medical doctor wrote them.

Better or worse, I find them much more interesting. I've been playing WFRP for over five years and I've been using the extended crit charts for more than four.
>>
>>54830737
Dark Elves should have never stopped worshiping Slaanesh.

GW's Chaos wank is often lame, but it's still dumb that they cut out one of the biggest non-human Chaos factions for no real reason.
>>
File: WAR_concept_aug08-1.jpg (210KB, 646x944px) Image search: [Google]
WAR_concept_aug08-1.jpg
210KB, 646x944px
>>54831086
Yeah and Dark Elves should look like this plus futa dicks and smear shit and cum everywhere.
>>
File: 1501974548328.png (2MB, 983x1738px) Image search: [Google]
1501974548328.png
2MB, 983x1738px
>>54831086
Malekith knew the destruction that the Cults would wreak on Naggaroth so he had them outlawed. He knows that Slaanesh is the only Chaos God who has anything to offer his race, so they must guard against it. Just like Ulthuan has guarded against it.
>>
>>54831128
How do you kill a daemonette?
get her to climax. Climax means she is sated and as a result ceases to be
>>
>>54831158
You either kill it or remove the magic that sustains it from the area. I'm sorry if I kill the mood.

Your excess only makes it stronger.

A Priest of Sigmar learned that the hard way in one of my campaigns.
>>
>>54831086
I can see the merits in both sides. On one hand, I hate that Chaos seems like it's the root of all evil - I get part of the setting is that it's so everpresent, but that doesn't mean it gets any less boring. But on the other hand, without the Slaanesh worship (which as I understand was always a cult, never even an official Dark Elf religion) there's no weight to the Dark Elves evilness aside from Khaine, and it makes elves frustratingly immune to Chaos - even the Dwarves can get affected.
>>
>>54831086
as if Malekith would tolerate anything with authority over his people that is not him (or Khaine, but he can at least proclaim himself Khaine's chosen. This gets a lot harder with Slaanesh)
>>
>>54831280
The Dark Elves aren't immune. They just persecute anyone who is found worshipping Slaanesh, at the very least. The Druchii Anointed exist for a reason. They fled north because of their beliefs and were mutated over time.
>>
>>54830737
This is asstr tier
>>
>>54831467
I remember that site.

And it's so much worse.
>>
>>54831280
>it makes elves frustratingly immune to Chaos

Which is the main reason why I liked it. Why is everything Chaos so human focused? It's all humans, monsters, or demons. Even Beastmen are Humans! IF Chaos is the big nasty evil force of corruption... then let it corrupt things that aren't human too. That the Chaos Dwarves disappeared from the game for over a decade outside of a cameo on the Hellcannon crew also contributes to this problem. Chaos just turns into the Evil Humans faction with their pet goatmen and trolls.
>>
File: dorks stay out.png (906KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
dorks stay out.png
906KB, 1000x721px
>>54831713
>Why is everything Chaos so human focused?
The silly monkeys are very susceptible to the futacock.
>>
>>54819870
Is there any official errata on how career changes are handled in 2nd edition?

How does everyone handle career advancement?

I've read the whole section several time and there is a section that mentions that "In
fact, from now on you must pay for all the listed skills and talents
as well as finishing your Advance Scheme. When you have a choice
of two skills or talents, you must buy one. If you already have a
listed skill or talent, you don’t need to buy it again. In the case of
skills, however, you may wish to take advantage of the rules for Skill
Mastery (see Chapter 4: Skills and Talents). These rules apply for
any career you enter beyond your Starting Career." -pg. 28 of the core rule book.

This seems to imply that you need to have completed all the stat increases and grab every skill and talent (or chose between choices when relevant).

However earlier it says quite clearly "Before you can enter the new career you’ve chosen there are two things
you must do. First, you must collect all the trappings of the career you
wish to join. Second, you must pay 100 xp to enter the chosen career.
These activities represent the initial training and procurement of
equipment necessary for you to pursue your new career.
Once you’ve fulfilled these two conditions, and gained your GM’s
permission, you can copy down the new Advance Scheme of your chosen
career." -pg 28 of the core rulebook.

This basically says that if you have the gear and the GM says its ok then you can start the career.
>>
File: 1476595483070.jpg (93KB, 758x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476595483070.jpg
93KB, 758x800px
TWW is going to have a campaign focused on either stabilizing or destabilizing the vortex. Anyone think there's a chance that this will result in special battles with/against Caledor Dragontamer and N'kari?
>>
>>54832329
Caledor appeared in trailer so maybe.
>>
High Elves? Yes. But it will likely show up as a victory screen. Caledor and his mages will briefly pause to save the world and then go back to their spellwork.
>>
>>54830060
I'll wait patiently.
>>
>>54833022
Okay, so Zweihander.
Basically the rules set is WFRPG 2e with some minor changes: stats are slightly different (they remove Ballistic Skill and roll all combat under Combat Bonus and add Perception), and Talents are way different due to rules changes.
d6's are used instead of d10's for damage, but that's because combat does away with Hit Points of any kind. Instead damage and health levels are determined by how much an attack goes over your Toughness bonus+Armor, with higher numbers reducing your health state lower and lower. Armor works the same as it used to, being just a flat number that reduces damage when added to Toughness bonus:
Combat is done different; everyone gets 3 Action Points per turn, which are divided up between different actions that are far greater in variety then WFRPG, so you can do thinks like trip or disarm people or defend or attack or whatever.
Weapons have more variety; removal of the wargaming artifact of generic "Hand Weapons" and "Great Weapons" means more weapons have individual abilities.
Instead of Weapon use Talents you have Weapon Skills (Basic and Martial for both Ranged and Melee weapons) that are increased like skills are in WFRPG.
Magic and spellcasting is effectively identical with the names just shifted around between deities and winds of magic.
Most Careers in the Zweihander core book have direct correlation to careers in WFRPG 2e's core book.
>>
>>54833568
There's some monsters (the greater and lesser demons) that have obvious parallels to WFRPG ones, but others that are too close to being unique to GW's material which are not used.
There's also some odd monsters not found in WFRPG; Fomori (crab/piscine fish people), an owlbear knockoff, cockatrice, jabberwocky, sirens, etc.
>>
>>54826876
holy fuck upgrade that 2005 computer
>>
>>54824079
If we compare it to history where some christian states gladly used pagan mercenaries I see no reason why the same could not happen in Warhammer.
>But pagans don't worship daemons!
According to christianity they do.
>>
File: Stuttgart_Psalter_fol23.jpg (29KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
Stuttgart_Psalter_fol23.jpg
29KB, 300x190px
>>54824226
Probably this. If we look to history once again we can see that the early germanic states had quite a different take on Jesus than the orthodox one. To them he was atleast partially a mighty warrior.
>>
>>54831134
Wouldn't Nurgle be awfully tempting to the High Elves with their theme of slowly loosing power and influence all over the world? A god of stagnation could find himself alot of worshippers in such a climate.
>>
what are the options for RPGS in warhammer fantasy? I checked the pastebin but that only had one system - is there only one system?
>>
>>54833908
You gotta remember that way early on in the immediate years after the Roman Empire's collapse Christianity was still around and widely spread but LOTS of parts of the modern Bible hadn't even been actually written yet.
Back then it was passed largely via word of mouth and it took on some different aspects as the stories traveled.
>>
File: 1474132050746.jpg (101KB, 505x466px) Image search: [Google]
1474132050746.jpg
101KB, 505x466px
>>54834094
Well, there are different editions of WHRP, but essentially yes. I'm not aware of any other systems, though I know some anons have tried to make 5th ed D&D work or things like that. Generally WHRP has been well-liked enough that no one's contested it.
>>
>>54834147
Fair enough - The pastebin links are dead too, so I guess i'll have to find it elsewhere.
>>
>>54834134
Something I really enjoyed learning about was how early Christians grew to want to be distinct from 'pagan' religions, but early on there was a little more overlap, especially when the religion was still strange and unfamiliar to most. Some depictions of Jesus were loose enough that he could be mistake for Apollo or Dionysus, and Christians telling people about Jesus were told to relate him to Hercules - Hercules was a son of a god who went through trails and suffering, so there was a relation there. I'm not surprised that in some parts of the world Jesus ended up more militant.

And in WFB, we can see that with a few gods. Myrmidia is supposed to be more than just a warrior goddess, but a patron of civilization and art, but that hasn't spread out of Tilea and Estalia - up north she's only taken root as a militant deity. There's still a minor deity of wolves, Lupos, worshiped in some parts of the northern Empire, while in early history Ulric co-opted most of it, most obviously the wolf symbol. A common heresy in Bretonnia is that the Lady is a daughter/servant of Shallya, and most Empire folks assume the Lady is another name for Myrmidia.
>>
>>54834218
I always preferred the speculation in lore that the lady of the lake was just a particularly pretty wood elf taking a bath the first grail knight came across
>>
>>54834134
>Thought that the biblical canon was set during the First Council of Nicaea in 325. >Quickly checks it up on to see if I'm not misremembering.
>Apparantly that's just a misconception. The canon wasn't set untill way later.

Today I learned something new.
>>
File: high elf repeater bolt throwers.jpg (88KB, 603x941px) Image search: [Google]
high elf repeater bolt throwers.jpg
88KB, 603x941px
Some weeks ago someone scanned the entire 6ed high elf army book, got it every compiled to a pdf?
>>
>>54834134
Friendly reminder that the roman empire didn't fall untill 1453.
>>
>>54834235
That was seriously speculated at in some piece of lore? That's hilarious.

>"Oh my Rhya, I would travel across the world to find dat ass again."
>And he did.

>>54834295
I don't know, but here's the thread if anyone's smart enough to do it.

>>54580859
>>
>>54834218
>and most Empire folks assume the Lady is another name for Myrmidia.
proofs?
>>
File: lady is myrmidia.png (73KB, 341x111px) Image search: [Google]
lady is myrmidia.png
73KB, 341x111px
>>54834357
Tome of Salvation, the Foreign Gods section.
>>
>>54833821
Bruh I'm working on it but for now my gtx 660 is going ham trying to keep up with the games
>>
File: laffinglizardmen.png (1MB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
laffinglizardmen.png
1MB, 1000x666px
>>54834367
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BRETONNIA
>>
>>54830461
Because Morathi seduced and fucked Malekith regularly.
>>
>>54834367
>>54834395
It's already confirmed to be an elven goddess manipulating the Bretonnians
>>
>>54834080
No, simply because the elves perceive time differently than men. They just don't fear death as humans do.
>>
>>54834367
It's literally the same with Sigmar and the other old world nations.
>>
File: 1472328205197.jpg (33KB, 223x266px) Image search: [Google]
1472328205197.jpg
33KB, 223x266px
>>54834472
>You will never be seduced and fucked by milf elf.
>>
>>54834355
I'll figure it out.
>>
>>54827809
>>54827660

the skaven book is full of shit.

some examples:

>the skaven warmachines were standardized to T7 3W, from t6 4w however the Screaming Bell effect (d3 wounds to all t7 models) wasn't updated. Result: the screaming bell blows up your warmachines too.
>slaves are worthless, as you cannot stick a character in them
>the plague furnace now had a weak thunderstomps which can misfire, which means it it generally useless against armored cavalry and monsters
>night runners have become skirmisher, which means no rank bonus. Their ld was not increased to compensate this
>gutter runners can't have ranged poison because the codex creator did not like it
>eshin lore can only have lvl1 mages
>the HPA was nerfed horribly, yet its price was also increased
>Brood horror is a new unit, which is a worse HPA
>Doomwheel now rolls the artiller dice for each bolt it throws, ergo you have triple the chances to misfire
>Cannons now fire artillery dice x4 (like the old ones), but can no longer move.
>magic is filled with random spell. 3 spells have exactly the same effect with different ranges.
>>
File: 1500562999050.png (366KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1500562999050.png
366KB, 800x450px
>>54834729
>>
>Have played Nordland in the tabletop for years.
>Proudly declare Nordland as Best Province.
>Finally get round to reading about them in Sigmar's Heirs.
>They're a bunch of inbred idiots who cuck to Elves.

It's not fair.
>>
File: 1501262378205.jpg (338KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501262378205.jpg
338KB, 900x720px
>>54834355
>Gilles was such a good lay that she gave him and all his goofy friends a quick dippy from her magic Chad cup
>>
>>54834630
I'm not talking about fearing personal death but despairing at the realisation that their overseas dominions are shrinking and that they as a races are slowly going toward their doom.
>>
>>54834893
It doesn't bother them, elves understand that things end.
>>
>>54832411
What? Where?
>>
File: Caledor Dragontamer.jpg (735KB, 1680x936px) Image search: [Google]
Caledor Dragontamer.jpg
735KB, 1680x936px
>>54835123
>>
>>54830534
Add to that, she also is into Tyrion because she sees something of Aenarion on him. Thats some serious level of stalker.
>>
I appreciate how Total War shows prominent characters deciding fate of the world instead of DoW where made up nobodies play with sand castles.
>>
File: IMG_20170729_0001.jpg (2MB, 2352x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_0001.jpg
2MB, 2352x3240px
Some might wanna check this? Since the pics have different measeurements the pages have too, I hope this is not a problem.
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/6NEQwv8I/file.html
>>
File: Lammasu.png (453KB, 512x643px) Image search: [Google]
Lammasu.png
453KB, 512x643px
>>54821382
I would rather the Lammasu, but ill take anything Chaos Dwarf.
>>
>>54835264
Hey, don't you dare diss the Blud Ravenhs heroes. And techiaclly, they do more as they save planets (plural) instead of a single world like the Old World.
>>
>>54835305
They exterminated more planets in games than saved, they are also obnoxious chapter with no defining role besides thieving meme.
>>
>>54835264
In a sense I like it, but at the same time it kind of misses the "Your Dudes" aspect. Maybe we'll eventually get an army painter and a bit more customization of regular Lords.
>>
>>54835305
Also Old World/Fated Place >>> Entire 40k universe.
>>
>>54835330
>Exploded
>>
>>54835341
>has superior vidya characters
lmao, fantasy is free of GW's clutches.
>>
>>54835358
>See the top and the bottom of the picture.
>>
>>54835384
>GW thumbs their ass when CA makes DLC for factions like norsca
>"J-just as planned."
GW got cucked hard when TWW succeeded. Anyone remember the AoS minis they tried to sell via the launcher?
>>
>>54834094
There's three versions. The first two are pretty similar, the second being a heavily polished and improved version of the first which I personally adore. The third edition I have not played, because from what little I heard it was a dumpster fire. Everything I have heard since just furthers this opinion.

Small note, didn't play the first edition either, but I both read it, and read some of the creators notes from 2nd edition talking about changes they'd made to it and why.
>>
>>54835497
You mean GW made thousands of bucks with a setting that wasn't selling through other media? GW is literally only benefitting from this.
>>
>>54835558
It also sells miniatures that soon to be forever discontinued.
>>
>>54835598
That sounds like a perfect way to get rid of models no one wants anymore.
>>
>>54835614
So it promotes game and products they no longer sell, a truly masterful business practice.
>>
File: 1483623463326.jpg (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483623463326.jpg
564KB, 1920x1080px
>>54835556
I can confirm that 3rd is shit, just a testbed for FFG on which they made a profit by jewing unsuspecting WFRP fans with expensive proprietary dice and cards.

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: knight pudding.jpg (217KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
knight pudding.jpg
217KB, 957x1300px
>>54829473
>battlescribe
>>
>>54821291
I never actually liked his ttp model anyway
>>
>>54830298
>Bret-lover
>posts Empire knight
>>
>>54835638
>Gives license for a game no one plays anymore
>Hopes they get something out of it
>Gets money

Fantasy was already dying when they killed it, Total War is a way to make some money back of it.
>>
>>54835692
no they just made money off the license. They leased the license to CA for them to make a game and the game succeeded beyond measure. Instead of using that to springboard into their TT scene they tried offloading miniatures from a different setting to sell to people.
>>
File: 364360_20170812132122_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
364360_20170812132122_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Why do people still believe in Wight Privilege when Paladins can jump 20 feet in the air, while Skeletons don't even have muscles?

Really makes you think
>>
>>54835719
Maybe because no one would buy their products in the tabletop anyway? Have you tried making a VC army without spending way too much without using third parties?

Dude, I have a gaming group with people play for over 20 years, many of them have fantasy armies, when TT was released, they really liked it, but none wanted to spend anymore money on the TT because its so expensive.
>>
>>54835795
*Total War was released
>>
File: lichemasterterror-01.jpg (104KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lichemasterterror-01.jpg
104KB, 731x1024px
>>54835770
That's all fun and games before you meet Mikael Jacsen and his sick moves.
>>
In WFRP2, do characters die if one of their primary stats is reduced to zero?
>>
File: 1466546474981.jpg (126KB, 625x478px) Image search: [Google]
1466546474981.jpg
126KB, 625x478px
>>54835770
Fun anecdote. My party befriended an undead Bretonnian knight-errant causing trouble in rural Averland after discovering his 'banditry' was him plating the role of a herrimault (having another Bretonnia knight in the party made this odd behavior easier to parse).

Upon discovering his secret and having his story explained (cursed by a necromancer he chased down), the party's foppish nobleman observed that this must make him a "Grail Wight."

The party's Bretonnian knight threatened to beat him so hard his children would be born peasants.
>>
File: 1502167078614.jpg (188KB, 569x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1502167078614.jpg
188KB, 569x1091px
>>54835829
Generally if Strength or Toughness are. 0 Agility would be incapable of mocement. 0 Willpower would be catatonic. 0 Fellowship would be a feral lunatic.
>>
>>54835859
So it is like DnD and Pathfinder in that regard? Also do you have a source for this rule?
>>
>>54835875
It's not clarified straight out, but most diseases, curses, and insanities that specify a stat decreasing effect note that when you hit 0, so long, fucker.
>>
>>54835692
>Fantasy was already dying when they killed it, Total War is a way to make some money back of it.
If fantasy had something dying about it it was the tt rules and the creativity of writers, too accostumed to bolter porn to do anything else but believe fantasy was in a narrative corner.

aesthetic and background certainly weren't what was dying as TWW proved
the inability, or unwillingness, of aos apologists to separate the faults of the game with the faults of the setting still baffles me 2 years later.
>>
>>54834804
>a bunch of inbred idiots who cuck to Finns

You just described the actual Sweden.
>>
>>54835264
Warhammer is not supposed to be about special characters.
>>
>>54836154
finns are the ones being cucked.
>>
>>54836154
>>54836171
Good contribution.
>>
>>54836169
Yeah, "Your Dudes" was always a bit more interesting to me. As much I like the special characters, I would really prefer being able to create my own general (even choosing skin and whatnot) to go into the campaign. Having to play with the Everchosen is kinda boring, as I would rather play with my own awesome Chaos Lord, or maybe playing with my own Vampire Lord, and using the campaing to give them their own story. Though you can use a few mods to change characters (like a Glade Lord for Orion)

Though I will always like playing with Vlad and Isabella.
>>
>>54836204
I want to play as Gotrek & Felix.

Not Gotrek & Felix leading an army.

Just Gotrek & Felix.
>>
>>54835795
Fantasy's problem was that the rules got really wonky at the end, with the game being this weird experience of charge redirectors either making it so you couldn't charge without exposing your flanks through bizarre closing-the-door mechanics or your army standing there because 5 dogs were standing in front of your horde at a weird angle.

Total War handles the concept of a battle line so much better with so many options as to set up and moving through other units. It makes me want to play table top again, but I'm not jumping down that rabbit hole precisely because GW can't manage a game to save their lives. Well that and their models went to shit, pushing these huge plastic kits designed in CAD that look like garbage and fucking off with simple looking at-the-ready poses.

Truth be told I have no idea how that can fuck up selling cheap to produce plastic figures so badly. I mean 200$ should buy me a table full of miniatures, not 2-3 boxes of dynamically posed figures 6 inches tall.

I mean this shit is so easy to push on a conceptual level I don't get how they haven't figure out the magic formula. You've got a great computer game that covers all sorts of factions serving as a conceptual base as to what to collect. All GW has to do is make the models available at a cheap price, provide free painting guides and an army builder, and make sure the rules are balanced enough that players don't get sick of the flavor of the month bullshit. I mean a video game handles the whole concept of adding models and new units much better than GW ever did on the table top, which is to say they launch a new faction consisting mostly of old models with a few new ones thrown in to make them fresh, which serves a dual purpose. If I want to collect the new army, I'm not waiting on core models to be released or having to hack up existing kits for conversions, and if I already have half the models it's not a big deal to buy the new faction specific kits.
>>
>>54823443
Please no. Keep everything related to the wet turd that is the end times away
>>
>>54836171
>rapefugee capital of Europe calling anyone cucked
>>
>>54820174
>this mere jest at gender differences would spark a campaign for resignation, blacklist the team, back peddle race, and forced diversity quotas now

It's amazing seeing this shift happen before my eyes. It completely overshadows the fact that matriarchal powers exist in WHFB and plenty of strong female characters, but that one line at the end would obliterate credibility in a group that dosnt even play the tabletop.
>>
>>54835270
Nobody? Well, if nothing is wrong with it, how do I get it in the archive?
>>
>>54836519
Well part of the issue is delivery. If it's an actual statement that women are in fact irrational, it's pretty sexist. If it's a boys' club complaining about the girls, it's a fairly accurate depiction of the type of shit that goes on.
>>
>>54836519
It's interesting that a bunch of factions have female spellcasters exclusively.

Kislev has Ice Witches (and Hags) and doesn't allow men to cast magic.
Bretonnia has Damsels and the males get spirited away to Athel Loren
The Dark Elves have all their male spellcasters murdered on Malekith's orders because of the prophesy.

The Empire is the exception really, with the majority of the College Wizards being men. I suppose that makes sense if you assume they take in magically-gifted refugees from Bretonnia and Kislev.
>>
>>54836625
>Dark Elves have all their male spellcasters murdered
Not all, there are doomfire warlocks.
>>
>>54836647
Aren't Doomfire Warlocks semi-undead or something?

I didn't pay too much attention to the most recent Dark Elf book.
>>
>>54836647
Weren't they cursed by Malekith?
>>
>>54836154
It's probably time to put down the vodka and step out of the bastu eastswede.
>>
>>54836647
>marked for the futacock
It'll have to be a wizard boy born out of Naggaroth that kills him. How does that prophecy work with him being the true cuck of the elves anyways?
>>
>>54836169
depends on the character, really
>>
>>54836625
I think Chaos also does that, though they wear armor so it can be hard to figure it out.

What happen to the male children that go to Athel Loren?
>>
>>54836723
Wood elf /ss/ until they're old enough to be grail knights or sacrifices.
Or they're just eaten. I don't fucking know.
>>
>>54836737
Are every elves except the Uthuan ones complete nutters?
>>
>>54836760
Yes. Even the Asur are pretty cray cray.
>we are the law
>>
File: 1497949358696.jpg (36KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497949358696.jpg
36KB, 500x400px
>>54821551
>>
>>54834967
Understanding and accepting are two completely different things. I understand that my state and in extension my civilisation will some day cease to be. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't be freaked the fuck out if the bombs started dropping tomorrow.
>>
>>54837167
Nurgle plays into this by promising a way out of the despair.
>>
File: 1498012155419.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498012155419.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>54837167
>>54837180
Except elves demonstrably don't have this problem. Slaanesh has been the only one to get inroads with them, and Khorne if you go REALLY far back.
>>
File: 1501250572059.png (138KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1501250572059.png
138KB, 500x458px
A normal-enough looking guy walks up to you and asks if you're willing to do a WHF skirmish battle with him.

The catch is he only plays a custom "norsca" list largely based off the Total War. You've heard rumors of this person before, and his list isn't blatantly OP but the way he incorporated the frostbite mechanic is a little cheesy.

Do you dare enter his magical, chariot-filled realm?
>>
>>54837439
Let's put down some common rules first.
I won't accept any houserule that's not agreed upon
>>
>>54837365
I'm really not saying that they do. I'm just asking why that's the case.
>>
>>54837596
Wiser, older race.
>>
>>54834748
>Result: the screaming bell blows up your warmachines too.

This sounds rather Skaven appropriate.
>>
>>54835816
>Krell with a sword.

Man, of all the characters to genericize for AoS, his kind of hurts the most, because it's not like he can get any more dead than he was.
>>
>>54835830
The fuck is a herrimault
>>
>>54838316
A Bretonnian Robin Hood - an outlaw freedom-fighter type.
>>
>>54834337
What is the equivalent of Constantinople in the Warhammer world?
>>
File: wholearmy.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
wholearmy.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
hello fantasy anons
i bought a lot on really cheap on ebay because this guy fucked up the listing. long story short i have 2000 + (i think?) worth of empire in a system i know fuck all about. posting pictures, anons please help me id stuff. so far i got:

crossbowmen
empire knights
empire outriders
hangunners
hqs
spearmen
swordsmen
musicians/standard bearers

is any of this stuff worth anything? Id like to trade up for khador/tau stuff
>>
>>54838549

artillery -

hellblaster volley gun
2 morters
cannon
>>
>>54838523
there isn't any.
I suppose barak varr counts
>>
>>54838622
You mean those fuckers whose ass I have to save constantly?
>>
>>54838523
Probably Sudenburg, but it's not really a combat place.
>>
File: 1473818024782.jpg (163KB, 600x492px) Image search: [Google]
1473818024782.jpg
163KB, 600x492px
>>54838316
See >>54838387

It applies here in the sense that in Bretonnia, the only person who can punish a noble for wicked acts is their overlord. Some knights, even Grail Knights, will thus don the guise of brigands, causing trouble for a wicked lord's interests and killing his agents, hoping to cause enough of a fuss that the overlord will look in, find out his banner man's abuses, and punish him severely.
>>
>>54820174
>this be should so

That syntax slays me.
>>
>>54838549
>>54838573
Well how much did you pay for it? It's not worth anything, but you should stick with Fantasy over 40k...it's the superior game, give it a try before you hauk this army..this is a pretty good base to do a full Empire army, you have pretty much the foundation of everything you need.
>>
File: Wissenland_Banner.png (686KB, 710x739px) Image search: [Google]
Wissenland_Banner.png
686KB, 710x739px
Anyone know anything neat about Nuln that isn't common knowledge? Running an adventure there and would appreciate any neato information.
>>
>>54839048
emanuelle takes it up her pooper
>>
>>54839048
this>>54839048
and engineering grads
>>
>>54835264
I have cared far more about my regular lords than my Legendary Lords. RIP Aron Beastscourge.
>>
>>54839104
It's not an ERP adventure anon.
>>
>>54839241
pretty much. There is no reason to use LLs in your campaign. You can just your LLs stay home.
>>
>>54836723
Get made into magic Grail Knights that live in a lake.
>>
>>54839048
I assume you've read the books on it, so there's little I can tell you. I believe there's a human-built chapel to Grungi in Nuln, which would be a shock to most humans that don't live among dwarves.
>>
>>54819870
I'm thinking of making a homebrew General career for WHFRP 2nd Edition.The advances would be:

WS +30% | BS +20% | S +25% | T +25% | Ag +25% | Int +20% | WP +20% | Fel +30% | A +2 | W +8
Skills: Academic Knowledge (Strategy/Tactics), Animal Care, Command, Common Knowledge (any three), Dodge Blow, Gossip, Read/Write, Ride, Secret Language (Battle Tongue), Speak Language (Kislevian or Tilean)
Talents: Disarm or Quick Draw, Specialist Weapon Group (Cavalry or Two-handed Weapon), Specialist Weapon Group (Flail or Parrying), Warrior Born, Lightning Reflexes, Very Strong, Very Resilient, Savvy, Coolheaded, Suave, Hardy, Marksman
Trappings: Trappings: Flail or Sword-breaker, Lance or Great Weapon, Medium Armour (Full Mail Armour), Shield, Destrier with Saddle and Harness, Army of Troops
Career Entries: Captain
Career Exits: Agitator, Explorer, Merchant, Outlaw Chief, Politician

All I need now is a picture that fits the art-style of the characters used as an example of someone in the career.
>>
File: 1481930290713.jpg (91KB, 640x502px) Image search: [Google]
1481930290713.jpg
91KB, 640x502px
/tg/?
If Creative assembly had to balls to attempt make Albion ad playable faction, how mighten they go about it? How would they have to try and play?
And what could pad out their roster?

I'd like to learn.
>tfw there could be a faction that the Lizardmen can actually play nice with.
>>
File: 1466677999754.jpg (84KB, 478x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466677999754.jpg
84KB, 478x1000px
>>54839832
>>
>>54839832
That's pretty hefty, and seemingly a bit *too* powerful, And why would a General's Exit be a Merchant? and why Kislev and Tilean as the languages specifically? You may want to limit Common Knowledge, and drop Animal Care.
>>
>>54840002
I had basically copied the exits and skills from the captains career. Stats wise, it's around as hefty as the Champion career with a bit less in terms of combat abilities. I figure that the heft in terms of stat boosts are compensated for how steep the entry is.
>>
Don't the lower lethality of the Winds of Chaos critical hit tables make it harder to kill things?
>>
>>54836625
Kislev has shamans.
>>
Storm of chaos is ended, chaos is shattered for the foreseeable future, Valten is dead, now you must advance the plot 1000 years into the future with greater peace in the world until Archaon finally pulls his balls from out his chest and leads chaos anew.
>>
>>54839965
The big problem is that Albion forces never had anything approaching a full army, anon. You had Truthsayers and their corrupted brethren, the Fenbeasts they could summon, and Giants. There were also vague mentions of tribals and stuff like that, but never anything that got models. No mention of cavalry, any sort of higher-tier infantry, or even archers.

So if they did have an army, it'd be the most bare-bones one yet - which is not something CA seems to like to do, they'd rather bend the lore than have an army be one-note or have one part of it be completely useless. And sure, you could probably make an army just with some basic spearmen and archers with a Celtic theme, but I can't see what they'd do beyond that, and I can't see how something so basic would be seen as fun to play.

Best thing I can imagine Albion getting is a mini-campaign, based on the Albion campaign for the wargame - one where every faction has a spot on a custom Albion map and you can fight over it, with the native humans acting as NPCs for untaken cities.
>>
>>54839965
Wolf Pack - Beasts
Giant Falcons - Flying
Fen Beasts - Monstrous Infantry

Axe Clansmen
Axe Clansmen with Shields
Spear Clansmen
Spear Clansmen with Shields
Longspear (pike) Clansmen
Javelin Clansmen (Javelins and shields)
Woad Berserkers (two handed weapons/Frenzy, extra bonuses on charge)
'Peat Hunters' - Skirmishing infiltrators (javelins, poisoned attacks)

Chariots

Young Giants - Monsterous Melee/Ranged Infantry
Giant - Melee/Ranged Monster

Chieftain - Melee Hero
Druid - Caster Hero
Truthsayer - Caster/Melee Lord (Give option for giant fenbeast variant as mount)

*Army ignores attrition from Swamp terrain

Zoats could be added to the Albion forces as well? Perhaps as both elite monstrous 'cavalry' and melee/caster heroes?
The theme of the Albion army seems to be alot of monsters of the wild places backed up by primitive highlanders all being lead by mystical servants of the Old Ones.

Most of their heroes would have bonuses to lowering Chaos/Undead corruption as an extra gimmick.
>>
File: Kislev Male Spellcasters.jpg (88KB, 327x410px) Image search: [Google]
Kislev Male Spellcasters.jpg
88KB, 327x410px
>>54840119
>>
>>54836246
Ah if only this were true.

I'd have several different factions to play whatever I wanted
>>
File: ice magc.jpg (111KB, 400x805px) Image search: [Google]
ice magc.jpg
111KB, 400x805px
>>54840490
Nice rpg fluff, now let's see what GW has to say.
>>
>>54835384
Is that Mal entering the flame of Asuryan in the background?

Wonder if they'll include that as a possible event.
>>
https://discord.gg/xTGSZbU

Warhammer Fantasy RPG / Fantasy tabletop discord room
>>
>>54840871
The Vortex, genius.
>>
>>54840871
>enter the flame of asuryan
>Achievement unlocked: Deep fried.
>>
>>54840361
>Chariots
With fens like Albion's no thankyou!
>>
>>54840871
Its Vortex.
>>
>>54840957
But we want them to have tens of thousands of chariots like they were used against Rome.
>>
>>54840957
Its an army of notPicts, they need their chariots.
>>
>>54840102
This ain't d&d, you're not meant to kill people. You're meant to maim them until they run away
>>
File: bologs.jpg (68KB, 471x219px) Image search: [Google]
bologs.jpg
68KB, 471x219px
>>54840957
>>
>>54841009
Bologs it is, chariots stay!
>>
>>54841269
Come on, I just started to actually like the Norscans because the update meant they weren't spamming chariots and missile cavalry everywhere.
>>
>>54841545
Yeah but Albions are good guys, so it's okay.

>tfw you just really want a good guy tribal faction and lizardman playmate
>>
>>54841593
Amazons?

Besides, I don't think the Lizardmen were ever that close to the Albion guys.
>>
>>54841672
I mean he's sort of right, they both revere the Old Ones. The Lizardmen even got to construct a temple-city on Albion during SoC that you'd have to assume the natives were okay with.
>>
>>54841672
There's some Old One stuff left on Albion. Which is why the Lizardmen exterminated the human population and put up the mists around it again.

>>54841718
They were all killed during the Albion campaign.
>>
>>54840734
The RPGs are canon and that's outdated lore. Sorry, wrong.
>>
>>54841753
Nah, GW fluff written by studio writers comes before Black Library/Industries fluff written by freelancers.
>>
>>54841728
>>54841718
what WAS the outcome of the Albion campaign?
>>
>>54841835
Wrong.
>>
>>54841593
Albion are just human wood elves.
>>
File: Kroq-Gar.png (557KB, 976x502px) Image search: [Google]
Kroq-Gar.png
557KB, 976x502px
>>54841867
The Lizardmen won and conquered the island. They later reactivated the mists that shroud it from the rest of the world.
>>
>>54841891
Nice argument there bud, right up there with "outdated lore"
>>
>>54841753
Shamans are probably counted as Divine casters. Nearly all the priests in Kislev are men.
>>
>>54841930
I see, still we could do something with TWW
>>54841893
except norscaish
>>
>>54841891
Nope
>>
>>54841990
If Albion is there you'd likely see the natives still fighting. Kinda like the rebels you have to put up with in early game.
>>
>>54841969
Meant to link >>54840734

In any case, the RPG stuff is canon, and is much more modern than the 5th edition material. Consider that Bretonnia still had Battle Wizards in 5th edition too.

But, you know, choose whatever you want for your own setting.
>>
>>54841969
Correct, but priests cannot do ice magic.
>>
>>54842038
Yea...honestly I consider the RPG books especially 2nd, more cannon than the actual table top based rules books and novels. Those to be are more "theater" story at times
>>
>>54819870
>Norsca for ants
>>
>>54842791
They've definitely got more thought behind them. Stuff from the armybooks leads to shit like Reynolds retarded 90% tax.
>>
>>54843649
If it was 70%, it would at least line up with some (exaggerated) historical accounts of taxation of French peasantry. And it wasn't unfounded for most of the tax burden to be on them.

But that, and the idea that a copper coin is more than most peasants would see in their lifetime crosses the line from humor into 'this is kind of stupid' territory. A silver coin at least I could understand.
>>
>>54843721
Well if most peasants are living in their villages and have a subsistence level farming economy, they really don't need the money. In this case the majority of taxes will be taken in kind, with most of the actual circulation of currency being limited to urban centres and seasonal markets.
>>
So is the Lady of the Lake disguised Lileath herself or merely some kind of avatar?
>>
>>54843939
According to End Times, the former.
>>
>>54843939
She's Lileath as per the End Times, but that's stupid and goes against how gods work in Warhammer. The best explanation is that she's a god, like any other, that's tied to the land of Bretonnia.
>>
>>54843958
Tome of Salvation says that in pre-Lady times, the Bretonnians revered Rhya a lot. Since she's so tied to nature and the Brets would've seen Wood Elves frolicing about, it wouldn't be hard to explain the idea of a mysterious spirit tied to the Bretonnia overtaking traditional Rhya worship, along with growing ideas of chivalry and honor compared to the savagery greenskins and Norscans the Brets would've usually been fighting.
>>
>>54843721
The idea that a peasant could live off of 10% of their farm is just...clueless writer tier.
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.