[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GM's complaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1501836064670.jpg (53KB, 480x511px) Image search: [Google]
1501836064670.jpg
53KB, 480x511px
I think I've lost hope in ever running a serious game with my players.

>Party of three, having a great Rp moment with the monk having visions with a god, darken the room quiet thudding bass line playing to set a slow tone. The player is literally on the edge of her seat, anticipating every word.

> The wizard player starts snapping like she is in a jazz club and the ranger cracks a joke, kills the tension immedietly

> the players rush in to kill the mayor and take his amulet. Gonna murder the only thing this island town has as leadership

> ranger plays pokemon red battle music from his phone

> the last five minutes are apent with the wizard mumbling "should i make a dick move... Oh that'll be a dick move..." While holding the amulet at the temple door it opens

I just cut the game short at that point. They all make good characters, and RP individually very well but none of them have the empathy to just fucking shut up when someone else is having a good rp moment.

Is there anything I could do to make this better?
>>
>>54817895
Tell them to stop.
>>
>>54817911
I have. The past three sessions have started with "alright, let's all focus and get the plot moving" and ended with "god damn you ruined ________ when you ________. "

I'm at my wits end here, I may just stop RP entirely and just run cut and paste dungeon crawls after this out of spite.
>>
>>54818100
Just tell them how you feel. Tell them that you're sick of their shit, and if they dont stop you're calling the game. Let them know you're serious.
>>
>>54817895

Sorry for off-topic, but what is the name of the purple coat the men in the middle is wearing?
>>
Roleplaying is for nerds XD
>>
>>54818377
Breast plate, they are Spaniards btw.

>>54817895
>playing with vaginas

You deserve it
>>
File: Samurai.png (2MB, 1200x1765px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.png
2MB, 1200x1765px
>>54818418

I mean the purple coat that is on top of the breastplate similar to pic related is doing.
>>
>>54818483
Oh right I'm dumb I just reread what you asked.

The guy in the middle is a noble, a hidalgo or a ricohombre, I have no idea what the name is but it is an open coat.
>>
>>54818587

Well ,thanks anyway. Good luck with your gaming group, the secret (at least to me) is having chill people who can both have fun and commit.
>>
Are the players whose moments are being 'ruined' actually upset, or is it just you?
>>
>>54818100
>I have. The past three sessions have started with "alright, let's all focus and get the plot moving"
That's not really the same thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.