[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking for RPG recommandations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: dungeonmaster.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dungeonmaster.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
I've been GMing for a pretty damn long time and I don't know what to play anymore, here's a list of games I've GMed the most (In decreasing order) :

- Vampire The Masquerade

- Stalker : Roadside Picnic

- Star Wars : Edge of the Empire

- Mournblade (it's Stormbringer, but D20)

- Call of Cthulhu

- Cubicle 7's Doctor Who

- Marvel's Facerip

- Continuum : Roleplaying in the yet

- Runequest

Based on this list recommend me a single game and give me a single reason why I should bother GMing it (I did say GAME and not SYSTEM, there has to be both crunch and fluff so gurps-fags and savage worlds-fags can kiss my ass and GTFO)
>>
The world is better off without your games.
>>
Oh hey. It's the other guy that plays Continuum.

Maybe explain what kind of game you want to play rather than looking for a new system just for the system's sake.
>>
Paranoia
Because Friend Computer requests it of you, and you wouldn't want to deny one of Friend Computer's request...unless you're a filthy mutant commie of course.
>>
>>54814308
1. "GURPS lite" and choose whatever fuc***g setting from this list:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=108616

2. "SAVAGE WORLDS test drive" and choose whatever fuc***g setting from this list:
https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/Savage+Settings

3. Why gurps or savage worlds since you clearly stated your dislike? Because fuck you, that's why!
>>
>>54814308
Creating a GURPS game is less work then creating a VTM story, where you are going to be building a city, NPCs and the web of alliances and politics to make it interesting.

That said, Roadside Picnic being your #2 game makes it pretty clear that you aren't very big on crunch.

You should try Amber or Mage the Ascension. Either should fit your preference for pretentious bullshit with bad rules.
>>
>>54814308
Warhammer: Fantasy Roleplaying game (2nd edition)

Dark Heresy

GURPS

These are my recommendations.
>>
>>54814308
Have you tried playing D&D?
>>
>>54815841
>meanwhile on bizzarro /tg/
>>
>>54814308
bump
>>
>>54814308
>>54815755
1st Edition Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is the funnest RPG I've ever played/GM'ed. Followed closely by Rifts.

You could always make your own goddamn game, it's what we did in the early 80's when everyone was poor and fifteen minutes from nuclear annihilation.
>>
What's a good crunch / rules light system to run superhero stuff in?

Players are less interested in accounting, and want to do cool stuff where good judgment and morality comes into play.
>>
>>54814308
Why not Zoid--err, I mean Talislanta?

>>54793107

It's an unusual fantasy setting inspired by the novels of Jack Vance.
>>
>>54814308
Chronicles of Darkness. Requiem is a more flexible setting than Masquerade.
Eclipse Phase. Cosmic horror scifi.
>>
>>54814308
Mythras
It's Runequest but better
>>
>>54814308
D&D. Another fun game I would suggest is suicide. Kill yourself.
>>
>>54815841
>>54816070
Seriously though, have you tried playing D&D?
>>
>>54815457
>fuc***g
>fuc***g
>fuck

Make up your mind
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.