[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Draft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1498272418671.jpg (31KB, 426x288px) Image search: [Google]
1498272418671.jpg
31KB, 426x288px
I'm going to my first draft event tomorrow. Any advice?
>>
>>54812672
Establish dominance early. Doubly so if there's a female there.
>>
B.R.E.A.D.
>>
Remember that the more you suffer, the better your draws will be
>>
If you get Pack Ratm you can basically spend the entire draft hate picking.

Bonus points if you wind up with a 2nd deck in your sideboard.
>>
>>54812672know your basic rules of magic, and learn specific rules for the set your drafting such as specific abilities and triggers.
otherwise, be prepared to travel along the path to empty wallets, sweaty palms, vomit on your sweater moms spaghetti
>>
Look for cards that you want to use in the decks you already have.

Have fun.
>>
>>54812672
Wait until the next set. HOU sucks for draft.

More honestly speaking, Aerial Guide, River Hoopoe, and anything that triggers off if drawing/discarding or cycling is fairly good in this set.

Green works best as the base of a multicolor.

Red is aggressive as ever, really good with stuff that really hurts, like Afflict.

Black is solid. Black/Red can be amazing.

Blue is more aggressive this time around. Solid color.

If you run White, be sure you run Mono-white. Anything else is less than ideal. Maybe splash if you feel necessary, preferably with Green.
>>
>>54812887
>>54812672
REMEMBER, they can't force you to redraft rares.
If they mention a redraft before the first round, they can blacklist you from the store though.
If they mention it any later, and you refuse, and they blacklist you, you can complain to WotC. They'll threaten to stop supplying the store.
>>
>>54813019
I don't know what you mean by redraft. Like, force you to throw a pricey rare back?
>>
>>54813043
If it's what I'm thinking, it's a practice where all rares are put into a prize pool and winners get first pick at the end. That's some absolutely unforgivable bullshit. The logic is so that way the winners will walk away with something good instead of probably pulling shit from their prize packs.
>>
>>54813043
Sometimes, instead of giving actual prizes, they coerce the participants to pool all the rares and foil they pulled.
The "pack of rares" then gets passed around in tournament-placement-order and drafted like a pack.

At the point you initially pull the card, it belongs to you. So the store can't force you to participate.
But if they give you fair warning (before the draft starts) they can totally blacklist you for ditching.

Not all FLGS redraft rares. Only the shittier ones.
>>
>>54813106
>The logic is so that way the winners will walk away with something good instead of probably pulling shit from their prize packs.
The logic is so that people don't snipe all the money cards out of the packs, then immediately drop from the tournament.
But more often than not, those get first-picked. So yes, it's bullshit.
>>
>>54813106
Fuck that noise. I mean, if they're saying it before you buy in then you're being a dick for refusing after buying in. But when Full Autismo Grognard sees Fresh Meat crack a foil Bolas and starts demanding that rares be surrendered for some sort of winners draft then fuck him and fuck any store too pussy-footed to call him on his bullshit.
>>
>>54813106
>>54813112
That sounds pretty shitty. I don't know if I'd still do it if I knew we were just going to redraft at the end, honestly.

>>54813129
Money cards in 2017 standard.
>>
>>54813168
I'm pretty sure that if a store does it, it's something they let you know beforehand, they don't just suddenly do it when little timmy pulls a foil chase rare. It's stil an absurd practice that gets by because for the people who win, it is actually a pretty good deal.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.