[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Emperor of mankind just an extraordinary man? or is he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Saint_Celestine.jpg (93KB, 960x550px) Image search: [Google]
Saint_Celestine.jpg
93KB, 960x550px
Those of us who have read the Horus Heresy know that the emperor hated the concept of religion and even rejected the word bearers worship of him and lead everyone on to believe that he was just a very powerful man. however to this day we see things that happen that seem a bit too much of a miracle to say that it is mere chance. take Saint Celestine for one. she was the poster girl for the church, then she died. and was brought back to life miraculously but claims it twas the GOd Emperor who resurrected her and is also one of the most powerful psyckers to have ever lived. discuss if the Emperor of Mankind is a God/ divine being or just an overpowered goldilocks. go.
>>
What about the story about him being an agglomerate of dead shamans, is it canon?
>>
>>54810002
The divine in 40k can die so there's not really a distinction.
>>
>>54810163
>The divine in 40k can die
thing is he didnt die, he was critically wounded.
>>
Probably not divine but not really what you would call human.
>>
>>54810172
Eldar gods died. Old Ones died. Eisenhorn book has potentially dead 5th chaos god's funeral planet. The form of the divine in 40k isn't the form of the divine as Christians use it. They're linked to the world in a way that has effects on them as oppose to exterior and still connected through ineffable holy trinity.
>>
>>54810113
Yes, regardless of what the Hacks at Black Library say.
>>
What i mean is that can we tally him with the eldar gods or the ruinous powers, or fuck all Gork and Mork
>>
File: laffin ork.jpg (21KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
laffin ork.jpg
21KB, 345x334px
>>54810375
Well, Orks believe he's a war god, and since whatever Orks believe becomes true due to WAAAAGH!!!
.... yes, he is a god now.
>>
>>54810002
>Is the Emperor of mankind just an extraordinary man? or is he truly divine?

I... I don't see how these are mutually exclusive. The God-Emperor of Mankind is in every respect a Divine figure.
>>
>>54810002
>and is also one of the most powerful psyckers to have ever lived.
Celestine is a psyker now? Where are you getting that from?
>>
>>54810470
So he is a demigod?
>>
>>54810528
>Where are you getting that from?
read it on her wiki while back
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.