[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of the pound o dice assortments are actually worth a damn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 91I-tCtvkfL._SL1500_.jpg (404KB, 1500x1216px) Image search: [Google]
91I-tCtvkfL._SL1500_.jpg
404KB, 1500x1216px
Which of the pound o dice assortments are actually worth a damn?
>>
>>54809138
unless you're selling them and need bulk, none of them.
>>
File: 1490713041854.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490713041854.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
Depends on your needs.

Chessex ain't great, because while the dice themselves are nice, the pound you get isn't random sets, but random dice, so you end up with more d6's than anything else, and almost no complete sets. If you're looking for nice dice, you're better off just buying a complete set.

Wiz Dice (and similar brands) come as standardized sets (they're not really random, but what sets you would get do change over time as their supplies change), but half the sets are ugly and seem like the kind Math teachers would buy specifically so their students wouldn't want to pocket them. Still, if you're buying bulk dice, for $20 you'll get more sets than you'll likely ever need, and there's even a few sets that are genuinely nice looking.
>>
>>54809138

I like chessex for the weird shit you get in them. I've gotten some really unusual and specific dice bundled in with Chessex pounds, along with plenty of standard use gaming dice. I don't buy pounds of dice to have specific sets, if I want a specific set I'll go find one with a really cool design and shit.
>>
>>54809315
>buying multiple pounds of dice

What are you doing with them? Lining an aquarium?
>>
>>54809506

I just like dice, having ones I can share with friends or give away or be okay with losing.

Although I'm also pondering buying enough to fill a beer boot, just as a display piece.
>>
>>54809138

With bulk dice you are generally going to be getting factory seconds, and also an assortment of different kinds of dice, so you have to consider what kinds of dice you want, and the relative quality of their factory seconds.

Gamescience, for example, has absolute ass factory seconds, and a bunch of dice you willo literally never use (d5 and shit), so just don't. Of your pound, maybe a fourth of it will be something you might want to use. That said, if weird dice is what you are looking for, you may want to consider it.

Chessex has a good assortment of dice, and okay factory seconds, but will generally give you a pound of perfectly reasonable dice, though if you want matching sets, you probably aren't going to get much.

Wiz Dice, has reasonable factory seconds as well, and your pound of dice is actually just going to be about 12 sets of matching dice, so you aren't going to get much interesting dice, but you will get matching sets, if that appeals to you. You will also get a pound of usable dice, generally.
>>
File: Grimaldus.jpg (75KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Grimaldus.jpg
75KB, 250x250px
tfw 2 autistic 4 rando

https://www.amazon.com/126-Polyhedral-Dice-colors-Complete/dp/B014242Q7Y/
>>
>>54811941
Normally I wouldn't buy something like this, but I really like the fact that it all comes in this drawstring bag.
>>
>>54809506
I've also bought multiple pounds o dice.

I'm forever DM and over the years my bag just diminishes from either people taking them home or dice ending up under furniture and appliances.

I just buy a new pound ever couple years and it works out okay.
>>
>>54811941
>no d30
>no d24
>no d60
>>
Game Science.
>Bar
>None
>>
I just bought Wolf Pax's big bag of 20 sets, did I fukk up
>>
>>54814281
>mfw my DM won't let me roll d30 -5 instead of a d20
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.