[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout RP ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Heya /TG gonna start a fallout themed rp some some friends tomorrow, I've put a lot of time and effort into this to make it enjoyable, I have GM'd before so I know what I'm doing but would like some more ideas for the world, items ,npc and creatures if people are willing to share, don't think it would be that fun to be a carbon copy of Fallout. Thanks in advance
>>
>>54808127
When talking about "Fallout themed", which Fallout do you mean? Also, are you going for retrofuturism or not? Do Rads mutate people positively or not?
>>
Organizations are always fun. I made up a few years ago an organization of thieves/scavengers call Crows. They operated closer to high buldings and high places. They would go down into the street to steal from tribes (usually big groups of survivors that got somekind of trait, for instance, there were the Faithful who used an abandoned church, did not understand the catholic god but worship anyway). The Crows would go back to their Nest, at the highest bulding they could. To get there though they would have all of these equipment to get up, their High Tech Grappling Hooks being the basis for them to get up there. My players liked so much that the next game (after they all died) they decided to play a full group of Crows, and basic it went as full stealth/steal/loot campaing that we all really enjoyed.
>>
>>54808323
well any post-apocolyptic theme RP, but Fallout I guess is the most recognised by games so I went with that. what do you mean by retrofuturism specifically? and yes I have implemented a rad system that will sicken players to a degree and players can even start off as or become ghouls, one of my friends was quite keen on the idea. there is also a food and water mechanics in place
>>
>>54808398
Yeah that would be great I thought about having some army organisations (NCR, Ceasers legion) but I didn't wanna use those already. That does sound like a cool idea, where the Crows evil (i.e, kill and steal from normal people/settlers) or did they just steal from other bandits/raiders?
>>
>>54808412
>Ghouls
Expand this effect to other creatures. If you want to stay safe for later, more exotic ideas on your part make it affect mammals only for now.

>what do you mean by retrofuturism specifically?
In Fallout, the bombs fell on a society that had only recently invented the transistor, thus making miniaturisation be years behind. Society in itself was also more reminescent of the 50s and 60s as a whole. This lead to fuckhuge computers and robots but also power still being available due to fusion batteries being a thing.
>>
>>54808453
They were more of survivalists, on the sense they would steal whoever they thought they could. When my players started playing with them, the party was mostly trying to steal from Raiders and people they didn't really like. They stole from a settlement in the second session, but a a few sessions later they realized how much it fucked up the people there and they decided to steal just from "bad people". Only one of my players decided to be a bit more "Robin Hood" and donate to people (mostly the settelment they fucked with).

Which reminds me - if you add organizations, don't forget to add a few "alliance meters" as whom they would be okay with. For instance, the Crows under my players made an alliance with a group of Soldiers of Misfortune, which were your Paladin type soldier. They would get stuff the Soldiers need, the Soldiers would provide a place for proper trade and even trade weapons.
>>
>>54808567
Oh theirs still all the fallout nasties like radscorpions and the such and theirs some I've added as well. Quilled howler, A huge hairless wolf with quills running down its back and shoulders, very viscous.
Ah right gotcha, well in that regard I guess it's the same kinda world i.e. bombs fell, no one knows who started the war, bits of old world tech are rare and cannot be rebuild only maintained, but theres still laser and plasma weps like in fallout although they wont be available to the party for some time. still wondering what kind of robots to put if at all (protectatrons, assaultrons ect)
>>
>>54808593
Ah cool sounds awesome, so have Waring factions and tribes? yeah that would be great, lot's of opportunity to make some badass raiders and the such!
>>
>>54808690
Yup. Making opposing organizations is not only very Fallout (Enclave Vs Brotherhood; NCR VS Ceasar Legion), but it also gives the players choices on who they wish to help, who they wish to fight/steal.

One of the opponents my players really liked was Octazed, he was sort of a Warlord. Sort of like Ceasar, but he didn't really institute a lot of civilization and culture, nor it was that close to an organized army. It was a bit similar to a huge horde of people that became bigger and bigger the more he and his compatriots fought. One simple rule is that he would always get the biggest share of whatever was picked if you fought alongside him, but since it was a guarantee you would get it, then most raiders were pretty dandy to do it. My players managed to kill him by doing some stealth work, it was a really cool black ops moment with some really good rolls, and this is one of the missions that made the Soldiers of Misfortune to allow the players to get weapons and other goodies from them.
>>
>>54808656
In that case, here's a few I used in past campaigns

>Codists
A group that either settled in or descended from the employees of a datacentre. They are known to be able to repair almost any machine and will pay handsomely for some (not all) pieces of tech you can bring them. They have a religion dedicated to a dead god who lived in a machine deep underground their HQ, really an AI that crashed. I had them all have barcode tatoos to show their caste.

>Laswasps
Mechanical, tiny drones that operate in swarms. Generally rather passive, they blink random patterns into the night. Will become agressive if provoked or randomly on rare occasions and just swarm heir target, causing major burns. Unlike popular belief they don't actually fire lasers to do so, just burn their victim with the force of hundreds of very hot little lamps.

>Survivors
Not a ghoul, but also not human anymore, survivors were members of an experimental military team equipped to take control of the wastes very soon after the bombs hit. While their autoinjectors and genetic modifications protected them from dying from radiation, the procedure still failed in as far as their brains were cooked. Suspended somewhere between life and death, they stand guard around old military installations, many of which have been destroyed a long time ago and attack anyone they see.
>>
>>54808835
Awesome! Will definitely be adding those, just wondering what to do for our first sesion now, like how to bring the group together. I think the party will consist of a ghoul and bounty hunter and a mechanic/technician, not sure what kind of event would bring those guys together.
>>
>>54808829
yeah that would be great for PC's with certain alignments. still wondering what to add in terms of fun but challenging mechanics, One of the players I've done a one on one sesh with to she if she liked the game and all went well, she has her own motor bike so I'll add fuel at some point so theirs no fast travel basically, but apart from food, water and rads I'm stumped for what to add to make of more of a survival feel
>>
>>54808835
>Femurs
Remanent of FEMA. Wandering tradess that will trade (primarily food and pure water) for pre-war technology. No one tends to screw with them as they are usually accompanied by heavily armed and well trained Corpsemen.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.