[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain this to me? both of these cards came from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Can someone explain this to me?

both of these cards came from a sealed fat pack, but they look slightly diffirent.
I doubt this is just me, but several of my cards, across all of the cards in the sealed pack, seemed to have a diffirent hue to them, and I can understand why,

Is this normal? I already tore a cheap green card I had to compare it to another which looked more uniform but was the same name, and sure enough trademark blue glue and glowed through light.

Why are some of my cards like this?
>>
>>54807241
Shit printing.
>>
>>54807241
It's a common printing error. The printers were running low on ink. Not worth any more than normal cards, unless you find a super dedicated collector, which is unlikely.
>>
WotC has had some pretty shitty print quality the past few years. Wait until you open one of the no-black-ink ones or the ink-too-dark ones.
>>
>playing magic
>>
>>54807241
>>54807257
>>54808619

I work at a print shop and anytime you have huge runs like this your color is going to fluctuate as >>54807448 said. It's not really shitty printing so much as the capabilities of current printing technology. Even if they printed one card as a template and matched every other card to it one-by-one, there would still be slight variations in each card.

Theoretically, they could hire people to sort out all of the bad cards before they get put into packs. However, when you are printing 100k+ of each card per block and there are like 200 unique cards in a block, that's not really practical or economical.
>>
>>54808909
>going into threads about things that they don't like or play and leave witty stupid comments...
>>
File: 1387643303788.png (52KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1387643303788.png
52KB, 1000x1000px
>>54810179

Thank you for being reasonable. I'm a graphic designer with a lot of print production experience. Everytime I hear some grognard (Desolator) complaining about "HURRR WHY CAN'T THEY STOP FOILS FROM BENDING? SHITTY WIZARDS NO QUALITY CONTROL" I am amazed by the fact that people just think printed material is as easy as doing ctrl+p.

It's like the countless boneheaded clients I've had to explain the reasons why they can't print white with CMYK...
>>
>>54811922
>It's like the countless boneheaded clients I've had to explain the reasons why they can't print white with CMYK...

On colored paper?

Or is there some subtle reason why paper-white isn't the correct shade of white?
>>
>>54815503
Not that anon, but bare paper tends to yellow and rot. Plus different grade/material of paper subtly changes to various hues and shade of white
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.