[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 54

File: TKtoCt7.jpg (619KB, 2000x1017px) Image search: [Google]
TKtoCt7.jpg
619KB, 2000x1017px
"Stuffed Piglets deserved what they got" edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - Just announced

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Link to the previous general: >>54677499
>>
What are some must have buys for Seamus and McMourning? I've got dead doxxies, more dogs, another frankensteins monster, bete noir and rafkin.
>>
Fuck you man, they should've gotten a buff if they are going to crank that garbage to be equal in points to bayou gremlins.
>>
File: Raptors.jpg (142KB, 799x960px) Image search: [Google]
Raptors.jpg
142KB, 799x960px
Kudos to Raptanon for cracking on and doing the build immediately after the suggestion.

>>54803010
I reckon that would look pretty damn good painted up with the Raptor perched on top of the frame.
The previous anon's idea of having it bursting out of the mirror would probably be hella fiddly, but maybe you could do it with the middle Raptor cut off just behing the leg join, so you have the head, body, wings and claws emerging from the mirror.
>>
>>54803793
For Seamus, especially if you want to take advantage of his new upgrade, you should get Yin and some Hanged in order to make terrifying duels harder on your opponent. Datsue Ba is also a nice option, as she can summon seishen to block LoS so Seamus can back alley easier. For McMourning you could go with Autopsies and a Rogue Necromancy for more poison and general damage.
>>
>>54803752
This>>54803824

I was honestly thinking, if activation was the only problem with the model, why not make them 2ss, for ~2/3 of an activation.

All you need is a rule saying something like :
>Inconsequential
>After this model finishes activating make a flip
>On a ram or crow you must immediately activate another model, ignoring the rules for chain activations

Boom. Now the gremlin player either has a 50% of the model not counting as a model for activation purposes, or has to cheat cards of their hands to do it.
>>
>>54804068

So you propose making it a model no one ever takes, just for a different reason than Wyrd did?
>>
>>54804135
You still take them for fillers. Also potential chain activation with no range limitations is pretty good.
>>
>>54804135
Randomness is Germlin's bag. If you only use the model for activation control, then you're exactly the type of gremlin player people were complaining about.
>>
>>54804164
Chain activations are only good for alpha strikes, which stuffed pigs are ill suited to be part of. Especially in GG17, out activation is king.
>>
>>54804305
If you're already playing gremlins, you're probably out activating already.

And even with a debuff, a pair of them would be the same as a 4ss model, which would still help out activate most crews. And if activation is kings, then there isn't a problem throwing cards out to get more
>>
File: Wastrels White.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Wastrels White.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
>>54803824
There's much grumbling that 3ss for a Significant Minion already makes the Bayou Gremlins next on the block for a brutal Errata.

Though those same people also seem to be complaining that killing is too easy and powerful, so I don't really know why a Df4(?) Wd4 model is the big problem.

I do sort of agree that the proliferation of hugely killiy models and extreme damage-output combos undermine the "Malifaux is different because it isn't about killing" angle.
>>
>>54804559
If they errata Bayou Gremlins, I'm just going to ignore the errata.

There's been a bit of a power creep for both killy and non killy models.
>>
File: desperatemercmale.jpg (65KB, 896x600px) Image search: [Google]
desperatemercmale.jpg
65KB, 896x600px
>>54804883
I think the only thing that hasn't been keeping up is resiliance.
There been good killing creep, scheming creep, VP-denial creep, but models seem to be about as tough on average.
>>
I'm looking for some nice tables as inspiration for terrain building. Can somebody hook me up?
>>
>>54803793

Carrion Emissary. One of the best buys for the entire faction.
>>
>>54805965
So is the only Emmissary people don't actually take the Mysterious?
>>
File: Malifaux Table.jpg (83KB, 402x720px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux Table.jpg
83KB, 402x720px
>>54805930
Here is what Wyrd brought to Gencon last year. They used the Pegasus Hobbies gothic architecture kits (You know, the ones everyone and their uncle uses for 40K) and set them up as to not occupy too much space.
>>
>>54806063

Lucky doesn't seem to see much play either.
>>
File: Malifaux Board.jpg (843KB, 3616x2295px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux Board.jpg
843KB, 3616x2295px
>>54805930
>>54806092
>Dat table
It's a shame how good they look seems to be inversely porportional to ease of playing.

My FLGS has metric shittons of 4Ground-style shit for all sorts of tables. which is great.
>>
>>54806063
Arcane.

Mysterious sees play, especially in tandem with Rougarou and Tooth. It's also pretty good in extraction/turf war where it can deny a pretty large area of the scoreing zone to your opponent unless they want to risk 1/4/5 damage.

Carrion and Shadow are hands down the two best off. Next is Brutal where it's slightly situational but still a strong overall model, then Mysterious and Hodgepodge where they're completely situational picks, then Lucky as a maybe every once in a while model, and finally Arcane bringing up the rear as never used for anyone, because why take that when you can take Howard or Joss or Mech rider?
>>
>>54807256
I have to agree with you there. I say that Hungry Land is somewhat underrated, as if you can put it down on your opponent's side of the table it has more than done its job.
>>
File: Whiskey Golem.jpg (227KB, 900x773px) Image search: [Google]
Whiskey Golem.jpg
227KB, 900x773px
Longshot I know, but does anyone remember a Colette Vs Ironsides game on Twitch posted up in either one of these threads or the awful place in the last week?

I was going to watch it tonight, and now I can't find it.

Also, anyone know good Malifaux batrep vids?

Guerrilla Miniature Games do decent ones (mistakes and inexpert play aside), and Rough Riders Wargaming have a half-dozen, but output has dried up.

Cheers lads.
>>
Rank your masters based on FUN.

Getting wasted tier
Lynch
Brewmaster

Optimal pick tier
McCabe
Shenlong

Menial labor tier
Asami
Mei Feng

One trick pony tier
Yan Lo
Misaki
>>
>>54807936
Seconding this. I really wish there were some tournament battle reports.
I need to see how to play hamelin properly after hearing people complain about how op he is
>>
>>54808227
>Activate rats until your opponent is done activating
>Do your own turn
>???
>Profit!
>>
>>54808251
>what do you mean Malifaux isn't supposed to play like 40k???
>>
>>54808218

-McMourning
-Molly
-Nicodem
-Tara
-Yan Lo
-Reva
-Kirai
-Seamus
>>
>>54808218
>Leveticus
>Titania

..i'm pretty new
>>
>>54808480
Is it sad I enjoy playing Box Pandora, and pulling the enemy master and henches into the Boxy Death Bubble of Doom (TM)? Even if I get blasted off the board alot because everyone generally takes shooty crews in my local meta
>>
>Somer
>Ophelia
Pretty new to this too.

Think I might branch out and get Nico or Lucius next.
>>
>>54808839

Nah. It's really only a problem if it's clearly sucking the life out of your meta and you still don't stop. Keep things fresh and it'll be fine.

I played a bit of Neverborn and enjoyed Collodi, so I'm not one to judge anyway.
>>
>>54808218
Maximum fun
>Collodi, Dreamer
This is pretty fun
>Titania, Pandora, Lynch
I have no idea what i'm doing tier
Lilith, Zoraida
>>
>>54808218
>Oh shit nigga, what's going on?
Jack daw, parker

>No fun allowed tier (also drown them in rats tier)
Hamelin, tara

>Point and click
Levi, misaki, Vik's

>What am I doing with my life tier
Von schill
>>
>>54809429
Daw is awesome he's so different compared to most masters
>>
Really interested to see Ramos' new upgrades, after what that one anon was teasing last thread. I like him and his crew a lot conceptually but he seems like a very "solved" Master right now.
>>
>>54808227
Basically you just deny schemes in the right pools. LIke you can't score Tail 'Em against a Hamelin crew, and rats are great for denying claim jump, as well as being peons so they aren't a liability for most schemes that penalize having fodder.
>>
>>54811704
Do I have the right idea?

Claim Jump-Deny with ratkings
Eliminate the Leadership-Survivalist on hamelin
Accusation-Immune
Dig Their Graves-Doesn't count peons
Leave Your Mark-reactivate winged plague with rat catcher
Frame for Murder-?
1 Covert Breakthrough-reactivate winged plague with rat catcher
2 Undercover Entourage-Nix?
3 Show of Force-?
4 Hunting Party-PEONS COUNT
5 Hidden Trap-Ratcatcher in a group or obey into a marker?
6 Recover Evidence-?
7 Set Up-?
8 Search the Ruins-Deny with rat kings
9 Mark For Death-Immune
10 Tail 'em-Put rats around corners
11 Inspection-reactivate winged plague with rat catcher
12 A Quick Murder-Ratjoy bomb?
13 Last Stand-Nope
>>
>>54812569
You have a weird mix of how to deny and how to score.
>>
>>54808218
Wong
Somer
Zoraida
Brewmaster
Ulix
Zipp
Mah
Ophelia

I need da supports baybee!
>>
>>54808218

Let's fucking PARTY! tier
>Mah Tucket
>Molly
>Marcus
>McMourning

No thinking required tier
>Reva
>Dreamer

Spread-sheet tier
>Kirai
>Brewmaster

I regret my life choices tier
>Seamus
>Yan Lo
>Von Schill
>>
Hey guys, soon will be tag team tourney in my city. What you think will be nice combo from fractions? maybe Nothing beast and Poltergeist?
>>
Can someone rank neverborn and arcanist masters - I need a fix and want best tournament master from each faction also GG 2018 WHEN ?
>>
>>54815231
Arcanist:
T0 Sandeep.

The rest.

Neverborn:
T1: Collodi, Lilith.
T2: Dreamer, Lynch, Titania.
T3: Pandora, Zoraida

Unranked Tier because I haven't played him in his new form yet: Lucius.
>>
>>54815268
Thanks - does new book and units help someone in those factions in any way ?
>>
>>54808218

>Only way to get Trixiebelle tier
Mah Tucket

> Muh fetish tier
Ophelia

> Only other master I own right now tier
Jacob Lynch
>>
>>54815284
Sandeep is so strong right now that models coming out in book 5 would have to specifically be unhirerable by him while also being severely undercosted to raise Ramos, Colette and Marcus to his level.

For neverborn, Serena Bowman might be able to edge Dreamer into T1, because giving all Neverborn enforcers access to the Nightmare characteristic is very strong for him.

Lynch is getting a nice buff in the form of Gwynneth Maddox for more card control and another brilliance vector.

Titania is getting an interesting beater out of the Cyclops. Frozen Runes is pretty ridiculous when you have 6+ scheme markers in range of it. Makes her even better in Extraction/Turf War than she already was.

Lucius get's a nice addition with Guild Investigators, which basically just add more restrictions to what your opponent can do. Also Vogel, a mix of control and beating.
>>
>>54815268
I would rate it more:

>T1: Collodi, Dreamer, Lillith
>T2: Lynch, Pandora, Titania
>T3: Lucius, Zoraida
>>
>>54815513
Dreamer's too easily countered to be in T1 IMO. Collodi and Lillith both have plenty of options if you want to disrupt what they want to do.
>>
File: Misaki Vintage.jpg (211KB, 900x2208px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki Vintage.jpg
211KB, 900x2208px
>>54815607
>Dreamer's too easily countered
How so?
Pic related, specifically anti-summoning tech, or Ca spam?
>>
>>54810970
I know, it's great. Once you get your head around what he does he just becomes so much fun.
>>
>>54815825
Model's coming in at 1 Wd make it easy to mitigate his spam if you have an efficient killer, which is very common nowadays. Or he spends his turn beefing up 1 summon but nightmares aren't all that durable outside of Stitched Together.

Also any Ca heavy crew or a crew with blasts is going to be absolutely destroying him, and it doesn't help that all the best masters from most of the factions can pick him apart in some way.
10T can either mess up his positioning or blast onto him. Shadow Emissary for free blasts, Ohaguro can stop Df triggers in an aura, Huggy is a strong Ca vs Df and can literally 1 shot him if he can focus and attack, Shenlong will just blast onto him with High River or fuck up his positioning, as well as stealing Fast from his summons, McCabe has the glowing saber, Asami can target Ht. Sandeep is Sandeep and has his box of tools for the whole crew.
Reva and Kirai are both very good against him in their own ways.
Sonnia and Nellie both fuck with him, Sonnia especially.
Somer can outspam him, Wong can blast onto him, or Zip can just target his Ht. also Lightning Bugs just ruin his day.
Outcast is really the only faction that doesn't have things that strongly counter him, although Taelor just ruins his day with trying to summon while she's around.
>>
>>54815825
>Misaki: Blow-up Sex Doll Edition
>>
>>54816157
Outcast wise I think Hamelin can be a pain to Dreamer in the same way Somer is and just spam him out.
>>
Anyone here that actually plays Wong and Somer (not just keyboard warriors) that can give me a quick run-down on when and why you take one or the other?

There's a guy locally that plays Zipp almost exclusively, even though he has both the others, because Somer takes too long and he doesn't feel like Wong's non-killy tricks are working for him.

>>54816157
Sounds like I should really get around to that Raspie crew I've been fiddling with...

>>54816387
Yeah, they didn't quite get that face right.
Having seen other paintjobs, I don't think it's the painter's fault.
>>
First time ever looking into this game. How would you guys suggest starting? Definitely seems easier to get started in than other skirmish/war games.

How many models are usually brought to the table in this game? Seems like forces are pretty small
>>
>>54818507
Yeah the game simulate gang war scenarios, so the model count is pretty low.

You start with a Crew box with a master in it, and maybe one or two boxes of a unit to add onto that crew. You now have a full sized crewed and ready to play.
Oh and get a set of playing card and a measuring tape.
>>
File: Guild Masters.jpg (296KB, 2048x1358px) Image search: [Google]
Guild Masters.jpg
296KB, 2048x1358px
>>54818507
>How to start?
Buy two crew boxes from the same faction.
In 90% of cases, that's enough to be playing full-size 50-point games right off the bat.

You're looking at 6-10 models per side, but initially I'd recommend a couple of 20-point games and a few 35-point games - the options are a bit overwhelming, games take a long time to finish if you jump straight in at the deep end.
>>
>>54818690
>>How to start?
>Buy two crew boxes from the same faction.
Seconding this. Gives you enough to play some basic games against each other, and enough to have some options in playing full 50 stone games.
>>
>>54818891
>>54818690
>>54818657

Nice! And as far as deciding a faction are there some that are more "advanced" ei not good for beginners?

I read in one of the books that some masters can effect the hiring price of some other units but haven't found an example of this. Is it a thing or did I mis read?
>>
File: Jack Daw All.jpg (173KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Daw All.jpg
173KB, 1024x768px
>>54818986
Faction-wise there aren't really stuff that is too advanced.
There are a few Masters (especially Ressurectionists faction) that would need a few more boxes bought, because they tend to summon zombies or spirits etc. on top of the models they start the game with.

There are also a few that are a bit over-complex, but I don't think any (except maybe Jack Daw) that will be outright difficult to play - just difficult to reach the top-level shill.

Mercenaries are models that anyone can hire for the normal hiring cost +1, which might be what you're thinking of.
A lot of them are Outcasts (yellow faction).
>>
>>54818986
I would say most factions can easily be played for beginners, but the Guild is known for the most straight forward play styles, while Neverborn is a big bag of tricks.
Some resser masters might not be great, since they are often about summoning, which can be a toll on your wallet.

And there is almost no price manipulation on units in this game as far as i'm aware, so you might have misread something.
>>
>>54819223
>>54819203

Fair enough, thanks for the advice guys!
>>
>>54818986
When looking at factions, every faction has some easier and some more complex masters. Just look at which faction's play and art style you like most.
>>
>>54814934
Gremlins plus anyone who wants a giant pile of corpses.
>>
>>54815268
It's rate Pandora hire. She can wreck crews if given the chance.
>>
>>54814934
Guild and neverborn, just to bring in The jury with neverborn.
>masks for everyone!!!
>>
>>54818006
Wong you take when you need scheme marker displacement and you suspect the opponent spamming armour.

Somer does everything. He's low on mobility but seriously he's good for everything now that Lenny nerf has made Ophelia completely obsolete
>>
>>54821175
>He's low on mobility
Giving himself a mask he's hyper mobile. Squeal is HUEG for mobility.
>>
>>54822077
>>54821175
>Squeal is HUEG for mobility.
To be fair, I do keep hearing about these awful Turn 2 16" push DILD +Ram alpha strikes after summoning 3 Bayou Gremlins Turn 1.
Somer doesn't sound like a slow Master.

It's funny really - most other factions would hesitate to spend two or three activations solely on popping the Master's defensive trigger, but Grelmin spam is strong enough that you can have a couple do barely anything for two turns and still be worthwhile.

68 posts 11 images.
Come on lads, I know it's a polynesian wavereaders imageboard, but it's still an imageboard.
>>
>>54822444
Somer is just fucking amazing.

Summon some Gremlins for a gun line turn 1, then rocket up the field and murder a model a turn Rambo style.
>>
File: IMG_20170805_214943.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_214943.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>54822562
Forgot a picture.
Here's some trial I'm working on.
>>
>>54822562
Somer needs to be nerfed on so he doesn't shit on every gremlin master.
>>
>>54804559
That would be the third consecutive nerf to the faction in a round. At that point, the faction would be a chore to play at events without some kind of buff elsewhere.

I do agree though. The game does seem to be more about piloting missiles into the other guy now, rather than incremental VP gain like before. Shame.
>>
>>54822710
Or maybe they need to buff the other five jank Masters in the faction instead?
>>
>>54822799
The entire faction just needs reworked.
>>
>>54822710
This>>54822799

Somer is top tier, but the bigger problem is that masters like Ophelia are sub par, or strictly awful in Mah's case.

The Lenny nerf was probably needed, but it honestly hurt Ophelia and other masters more than Somer.
>>
>>54822799
The jank masters do their job fine for most part. Somer just does everything they do like how Sandeep does for arcanists
>>
>>54822891
I disagree. If Gremlin unplayable garbage it were smashing every tournament I could see an argument.

What exactly do you think needs to be reworked?
>>
>>54822935
Ulix, Wong and Zapp do this jobs fine. Ophelia is debatable, depending on what you think get job should be.
Mah certainly doesn't do her job fine.

Zorida and Brewmaster are up in the air two, but they're both duel faction and see more play in their other factions.
>>
>>54822891
Remove Gremlin
>>
>>54823678
This. I just want to play a serious adult game with no joke factions and zombie hookers.
>>
Ok I bought Sandeep and now want to play some games with 50 pp - what are other good for him models ? I heard that things like winter acolytes and oxfordian mage - does he need a beater ? Wind gamins are still game ?
>>
>>54823781
>with no [...] zombie hookers
Whoa there. Let's not be hasty.
>>
>>54823913
His totem is a pretty good beater, another might not be out of place.
>>
>>54823996
Sorry meant.
>I want a serious adult game with no joke factions. And also zombie hookers.
>>
>>54824090
>gets beat by gremlin.
>implying everyone isn't a joke now

We have won
>>
>>54824170
Maybe that's why Gremlins hat so much hate.
>My serious dollies can't loose to your joke dollies!
>This is serious business!
>Reeeeeeeeeeee!
>>
>>54824667
>"this attack must declare a trigger if able" intensifies
>>
>>54824703
Kek
>>
>>54822935
The other five Masters are sub optimal.
>>
>>54823155

Not that guy but I think Gremlins have horrible internal balance. I'm not talking from a "Gremlins ate OP!" perspective or as a tryhard tourney player. There's the objectively best options, and then everything else. Many models in Gremlins see little to no play because there's no reason to take them in place of a better model, and new models struggle to find a place in the faction. All factions suffer from this to some degree but I think Gremlins suffer the worst.
>>
>>54824905
I could see that. The my recent wave of models sense like a prime example of that.

The flying pigs seem like the only model that will see play, and even then it'll be as a summon.
>>
>>54824983

Pretty much. Any new beater model is going to be compared to Francois, Burt, etc. Support bloat can be a real issue for Gremlins, so any new supportive model is going to fight with Slop Haulers and whatnot for a place. Producing new models for Gremlins right now seems to be something really gimmicky only taken with one or two Masters (i.e., Swine-Cursed), something really aggressively priced that may be unbalanced, or you end up with something no one's excited to play at all.
>>
>>54825123
I don't think it's a problem unique to Gremlins. But they definitely got fewer models close to the usable end of the curve this wave.
>>
how does Titania play? New player here, looking to get in. If I grabbed her box, what else should I buy to get an ok 50ss crew?
>>
>>54825781
She and her crew loooves objective markers.
Titania is decently tanky with her wound pool and how she heals whenever scheme markers are dropped.

I dont know what exactly to recommend to add onto her, but i'd look into something to replace the Gorare (it's absolutely useless) and then something mobile that can drop scheme markers.

that's atleast my two cent on it.
>>
>>54825781
Get a Primordial Magic, as >>54826175 said, it's cheap and useful, the gorar is trash.A Doppelganger is a decent pick whatever master you choose.
Nekima is pretty expensive but absolutely wrecks stuff and synergises well with Titania's "Queens Champion" upgrade.
If you don't mind spending a bit of cash I'd recommend getting Liliths box too, Barbaros works great with Titania and the Terror tots are great for running schemes.
>>
File: Zipp.jpg (327KB, 1405x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Zipp.jpg
327KB, 1405x1107px
>>54822597
Good lad.
Is that a swamp hut on stilts type of deal?
I could see a table like that being pretty fun - lots of walkways and huts and such, with the majority of the rest swamp.

Myopinion on Gremlins lines up with this guy >>54824905
They need a re-work, and they do, because as a faction they don't make sense at the moment in the way that others do, not simply because they are over-powered.

Having said that, I think they are crying out for some serious attention from the top-level tournament players to break them good and proper before the Gremlin Wyrd subforum stops the continuous rolling victim complex shit.
>>
I picked up the new edition of Through the Breach, never actually tried it before but it looked cool.
Going to run a game for my group soon, I've never actually done anything like this before but I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>54826175
>>54826299
Not that anon, but how does the upcoming stuff look for her?
>>
>>54824905
>"Gremlins ate OP!"
I don't know why but this keeps making me laugh.
>>
>>54829229

I kind of regretted it at first when I noticed the typo, but it got funnier every re-read.
>>
>>54829247
>>54829229
>They are dumb lucking her!
>Then they are gonna dumb luck me!
>Oh my GAAAAAAWD
>>
File: IMG_20170805_215007.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_215007.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>54826599
>Is that a swamp hut on stilts type of deal?
Yeah. Working in the rest. Wanna have a whole village eventually.

Built some docks/walkways too.
>>
File: Oin - Yokai_zpsrmrqlken.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Oin - Yokai_zpsrmrqlken.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
My favorite paintjob I've seen for these guys.
>>
>>54829725
definitely better than the standard blue look
>>
Speaking of Yokai; favorite core builds for Asami? What upgrade choices do you prefer?
>>
>>54823155
I have the same reasoning as the other guy. Their internal balance is completely fucked. The actual gremlin hiring pool is somewhere around 10 different models if we're being generous. Every other faction is more along the lines of roughly 10 models that will never be taken. It also doesn't help that Gremlins literally only have 3 masters, every other faction has their dominant masters, and then some masters you'll bust out in the right situation.
>>
>>54829768
Terracotta warrior.
>>
File: 1357030058901.gif (3MB, 269x260px) Image search: [Google]
1357030058901.gif
3MB, 269x260px
So... I got gremlin faction complete, so I want to diverge into a second faction. I got a Miss Terious (Death Marshal), performers, and terracotta warrior as outside faction models.

What should I go into? Outcast and 10 thunder is what's kinda drawing in me in, but I'm not sure what I should get into.
>>
>>54829229
OP is a pig
>>
>>54830131
Since you've already got Brewmaster maybe go for thunders?
>>
>>54830131
Well, if you go 10T you'll end up picking up a little from every faction. If you go Outcast you'll end up getting the entire resser faction. Your choice.
>>
File: IMG_20170811_224434.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170811_224434.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>54830131
TT or neverborn would be the next pick if you've got Brewmaster or Zorida.

Or just jump to some other faction you like.
>>
What should I read for more Viktorias or Leveticus fluff?
>>
File: Dark Carnival Full Cast.jpg (158KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Carnival Full Cast.jpg
158KB, 960x720px
>>54830531
Got a pic of your whole table?
I'm always interested to see how private individuals put together whole tables for Malifaux, since it's so terrain-heavy.

My FLGS has enough to fill all of their dozen tables, so I've never really felt the need to build my own.
>>
>>54833165
http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.com.au/p/malifaux-character-backgrounds.html
>>
>>54829725
>>54829765
Agreed.
The red eyes look so much more sinister against the white, and the whole killmonkey vibe gets cranked up a couple of points.
>>
File: Yokai Blue.jpg (155KB, 1200x1115px) Image search: [Google]
Yokai Blue.jpg
155KB, 1200x1115px
>>54835184
Fuck, image.
>>
I'm thinking of getting into Malifaux. Where should I start if I want to get right into the game?
>>
>>54836676
Reading the thread where this question was asked earlier, ya jerk.
Buy two crew boxes from 1 faction, a fate deck, measuring tape. Look up if you want crew boxes/masters that are weird in some way (like Hamelin doesn't play well with the rest of the faction, or Kirai is abnormally low soulstone value box).
>>
File: IMG_20170812_100541.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_100541.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54834795
This is what I've got so far. Not done yet.
I've got a wild West style but to, but I wanted to try something different.
>>
File: IMG_20170812_100621.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_100621.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54836676
>Find a matter you like
>Buy his box
>>
File: 20170812_173947.jpg (707KB, 2554x920px) Image search: [Google]
20170812_173947.jpg
707KB, 2554x920px
My badly-lit crews.
Though they haven't seen much action.
>>
Reading the lore, it was a pleasant surprise to see Marcus is friends with McMourning and totally chill about Necromancy.
>>
>>54838691
I really liked that story. It's neat to see character interactions like that. Especially out of faction ones.
>>
>>54838904

Yeah. Lots of characters that share a faction don't even like each other, so it's nice to see some positive ones across factions.
>>
>>54838691
That bit I actually hated. I hate Marcus, in the fluff he takes Mary Sue to the next level.

He improves the rogue necromancy, proving he's a better necromancer than a Resser master, he just doesn't do necromancy because reasons.
>>
>>54838979
People aren't tied to one magic right? Aren't they just more specialized?
>>
>>54838979

It was a matter of anatomy and Doug being an increasingly delusional psychotic, it didn't really bother me. Anatomy is Marcus' area of supreme expertise, and the story suggests he was engaging in the same sort of inhumane experimentation and maybe even Necromancy back on Earth.

He also praised McMourning for getting the Rogue Necromancy to work at all, which he would've considered impossible.
>>
File: Fukken Ramos.jpg (58KB, 600x492px) Image search: [Google]
Fukken Ramos.jpg
58KB, 600x492px
>>54837283
>>54837323
Easily enough for a full table there, good stuff.

If you don't mind the faff, could you lay out a table and take a top-down picture?
Ideally perfectly top-down, 90C type job.
So I can put you into the rotation of maps I occasionally post for strat/scheme list-building practice chat.

>>54838979
>>54839835
Yeah, I read that less as Marcus-Sue, and more as Doug's out of his god damned mind.

>>54838904
>It's neat to see character interactions like that. Especially out of faction ones.
Yup, they are the best bits.
That and "everyone hates Ramos because he's a d i i i i i i i i i i ck".
>>
>>54839922

Ramos has been a fun read. Ramos does what's best for Ramos, but he has moments of genuine care/concern about people other than himself. I'm real curious to see what the consequences of Ripples of Fate, with what Kaeris and Ironsides have done with both sides of his organization.
>>
>>54839922
>That and "everyone hates Ramos because he's a d i i i i i i i i i i ck".
He does have some good moments. Like the part with Joss after he returns from the mountain. He seems genuinely empathetic, especially when he's about to attach the limb.

And then he immediately brings some mooks to give to raspy as a snack. He does make sure there family is looked after though.

I also really like Hoffman a lot more after hearing his stories. There were two episodes of the breach side broadcast in particular that were excellent. I loved the scene in balancing the books where he shows up fransico and Santiago by taking charge at the mine, and the night at the races was just fun to listen too.
>>
>>54840924
I like the story where Ramos sold out his own guys to Lucius after they planted his over designed bomb in the wrong place.
>>
>>54842628
I don't remember that one. Its not the one with English Ivan, right?
>>
>>54842926
Not, it was the one where Hoffman had to stop Arcanists from fucking with the governor's Halloween party/thinly veiled ritual. It was in Chronicles a couple years back.
>>
>>54842628

As I recall he sold them out because he'd vetoed the plan to plant the bomb under the mansion during the Governor-General's party due to the political fallout, and the grunts decided to go do it anyway.
>>
File: Ramos Alt Grumpy.jpg (499KB, 848x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ramos Alt Grumpy.jpg
499KB, 848x1080px
>>54844032
>and the grunts decided to go do it anyway.
Damn it guys knock it off, it's all going just as keikakued.
>>
File: TheCarver.jpg (403KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
TheCarver.jpg
403KB, 1500x900px
Sup gang.
I've seen a couple of folks ask before, and I know I have, so here are a few long-form batrep videos from the tubes.

Most of them come from channels that also have other vids, but a lot of them are pretty old (2+ years) which is probably why I haven't seen them before.
I haven't included the channels that pop up on the first page of Youtube search, just because anyone can find them.
I can't vouch for their quality, as I've not got through all of them yet, but most seem pretty reasonable if you're really craving something.

Enjoy.

/watch?v=AiYBOU2tXN0
/watch?v=07sBBT2gA_w
/watch?v=D-TGlVSg7Tc
/watch?v=TkjlVzRGXC8
/watch?v=B84npI2cnHE
>>
>>54844131
I love how much of a dick everyone is, Pandora literally bought an orphanage to torture children to death to charge her soulstones
>>
File: Ramos Box Crew-1.jpg (544KB, 1800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ramos Box Crew-1.jpg
544KB, 1800x800px
>>54846011
That makes sense - she at least is a soulless monster with no reason to regard human life as valuable.

Ramos doesn't quite have that excuse...
>>
>>54847219
>with no reason to regard human life as valuable
>Ramos doesn't quite have that excuse
Oh yes he does. After all, there's nothing that can't be improved by replacing it with more mechanical spiders.
>>
>>54847219

Ramos is a ruthless but practical gangster. He spends life as efficiently as he can.
>>
>>54847219
Leave Pandora alone, it's the box that's evil not her
>>
>>54811628
How does 3/4/5 dangerous terrain sound?
>>
>>54847356

I am down for that.
>>
>>54847364
I'm thinking there will be a viable Ramos blaster build, with 12" range, 3/4/5 + 2 burning, ignoring armor and randomization.
>>
>>54847507
With cast 8
>>
>>54847507
>>54847520

Buffed Electrical Fire?
>>
>>54847308
I actually feel bad for 'Dora honestly, sometimes she'll remember who she is and then Box will take control of her mid again, and I can't help but pity her even if the box turns her into an unholy terror
>>
>>54847594
fucking tyrants man.
Titania had the right idea on what to do with them
>>
>>54847620

Accidentally destroy your entire universe while attempting to destroy the Tyrants?
>>
>>54847664
If people had just let her get on with it instead of sealing her up then malifaux would be a better place right now, truth.
>>
>>54836676
Read the 1d4chan entry on Malifaux to get a feel for what sounds like your ideal play style.
Cross-reference it with the same master's entry on the 'pull my finger' Malifaux wiki.
Buy a box for the master you like best, then a second box for another master in the same faction.
Try to stay away from dual faction masters as you will go insane picking a second master box. I should know, I started with Lucius.

Good luck!
>>
>>54847570
And maybe ways to get fast, or other strange utility powers... Perhaps channeled from a certain war machine
>>
Do we have any idea what Seamus' other upgrade is?
>>
What's the consensus on Shastar Vidiya Guards? About to make an order and I have no idea if they're worth it.
>>
>>54848015
I would wait until gencon to make an order, unless you don't want the alt taelor.
>>
Misdirection with Mei Feng? y/n? I was thinking that as a more aggressive master she would be great to wedge in groups of enemies, but I am not sure if she needs other upgrades to really work in TT.
>>
>>54849503
Definitely. She's not a big unit killer; you'll get the most out of her when engaging groups of models, and Misdirection is key for that. Even if you're just passing blows onto your own Komainu or w.e.
>>
>>54849377
US shipping costs tend to be ugly, so no.
>>
File: IMG_20170813_003815.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170813_003815.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>54839922
How's this one?
>>
Why is there a nearly 150 comment long thread on the awful place on if Burt can slippery attacks from Flurry.
>>
WWYD?

Deployment: Standard (5T)

Strategy: Extraction / Turf War (2R)
Schemes: (12R, 9C)

Frame for Murder (R)
Dig Their Graves (C)
A Quick Murder (12)
Mark For Death (9)
Claim Jump (Always)

Naturally, opponent declares GREMLINS.

I'm declaring Arcanist.
I'll be back at the top of the hour with a list.

>>54850110
Pretty damn good.
Cheers bud.
>>
>>54851946
50 SS Neverborn Crew
Titania + 6 Pool
- An Audience With The Queen (1)
- Aether Connection (1)
- The Queen's Champion (2)
Primordial Magic (2)
Aeslin (9)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
- Taproot (1)
Mysterious Emissary (10)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
The Thorn (7)
The Tooth (7)
Performer (6)

Schemes are Dig and likely AQM, with the idea being to kill the target by pushing and pulling them out of the Emissaries hazardous terrain, meanwhile Titania while hold the center with Aeslin and the knights, with QC'd Aeslin healing up any damage that gets through on Titania. Also Aeslin preventing any movement shenanigans from the Gremlins on my own models. Aeslin and Emissiary are 90% likely to be getting Malifaux Provides.
>>
File: Mei Feng.png (106KB, 292x345px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng.png
106KB, 292x345px
>>54851946
>>54852182
>Titania
Noice.
Cheers for playing bud.

Arcanists
50ss Crew
Mei Feng -- 6ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
+Seismic Claws - 1ss
+Vapormancy - 1ss

Cassandra - 8ss
+Imbued Protection - 2ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss
Howard Langston - 12ss
+Bleeding Edge Tech - 1ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Performer - 5ss
Rail Worker - 5ss
Rail Worker - 5ss

Strong possibility I'd swap Howard for Joss with Bleeding Edge and Imbued Protection.
I like Imbued Protection.

Stuff stomps up the middle and holds the centre, while the Performer fakes Claim Jump by laying Graves and tries to blow up any Claim markers the opponent puts down.

Mark for Death should be very doable on Gremlins.

Mei and the terrain renders all shooting ineffective, while da boiz crush any face that gets into engagement range.

And I should probably find a way to spend a few more stones - maybe a Raptor.
>>
>>54852182
Aeslin is pretty overcosted, I would go something Willpowery like Widow Weaver or Dopple if you have her
>>
File: Wong Art.png (80KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
Wong Art.png
80KB, 300x283px
>>54851946
>>54852624
Obviously against Gremlins in Extraction I'm probably letting them score 4 on the strat unless I go full Mei and Howard and Cass commit, but I should be able to keep up with the marker to score my own Strat points.

Any Gremlin players about to weigh in on how they'd tool up for this beef?
I assumeSomer + 3 Bayous is the start...
And Merris?
Trixie to shove stuff out of the zone?
>>
File: Burt Jebsen done.jpg (54KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burt Jebsen done.jpg
54KB, 800x768px
>>54851038
Holy shit that's dumb.
Motherfuckers trying to rules-laywer their shit irritates me.
I know it .should. be a RaW ruleset, but it's too intricate for that to be the case, and it is pretty damn clear to me that the intent was that Bert ducks individual attacks, not vanishes in a puff of smoke.
>>
File: th.jpg (18KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
18KB, 300x283px
I'm a new player and I really like the Draugr models. Which master do they work best with?
>>
File: Nicodem Crew.jpg (164KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem Crew.jpg
164KB, 1000x676px
>>54853318
Reva and Nico, by the sounds of it.
Or at least that's who they're tuned for.
>>
>>54853546
Sweet! I'm already interested in Reva. Thanks, buddy!
>>
>>54853546

Why Nico, just because he can summon them?
>>
File: Molly.jpg (248KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Molly.jpg
248KB, 800x600px
>>54856369
Does he not also synergise with Horrors?
Or am I thinking of Molly?
>>
>>54856430

Molly has specific Horror or Spirit synergy depending on her Limited, while Nico can summon "everything".
>>
>>54852746
Intent is irrelevant. I don't know what the argument is about but if the intent is used as an argument they have lost.
>>
>>54852665
She's really not.
>>
>>54856430
>>54856369
I mean every undead synergises with nico because of summoning more or less.
More models = more responses in thoery.
Likely not the most cost efficient though
>>
>>54856496
Well, yeah, thanks Captain Obvious.
Of course RaW is RaW, and RaI is no good to anyone in tournament play.

And having said that, it seems most sensible that the intent of the rule was not to duck the whole affair.
>>
>>54856496
The argument is if Burt can use Slippery to pass off attacks that only have a single legal target. (Flurry and such saying all the attacks must be against a single target).
>>
File: 1502403494919.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1502403494919.png
171KB, 374x347px
>>54856682
>says raw is the way to go
>proceeds to weigh in favor of intent.
>>
>>54856770
Well, it's pretty obvious he can right?

There are attacks that fizzle completely against wrong targets in the game already.
>>
>>54856846
Only attacks against an illegal target "fizzle", or if part of the action that the rest of its effect is contingent on happening don't happen, like Sloth's gain slow to heal 2 action. No Slow no heal.
>>
>>54857054
So what's the problem? Burt shunts all right? Or is the targetting timing and language the problem?
>>
File: Torakage.jpg (51KB, 1200x603px) Image search: [Google]
Torakage.jpg
51KB, 1200x603px
>>54856808
With the key qualifier "in tournament play" - because we currently use the rules published.

In any game in which I would expect normal decency because the stakes are no higher than "have fun and exercise the brain", I think it's appropriate to play Rules as Intended.

>>54856770
My reading of the situation (i.e. not just the wording of the rules) is that the rule represents Burt ducking and weaving and generally being a greasy bastard, so the Flurry would be targeting him but the three individual attacks could be dodged separately.

The part that annoys me is when people start arguin that:
Burt cannot Slippery attacks generated by a Charge action because.
i] the Charge wording states that both attacks must be against the charged target
ii]Slippery moves Attacks onto "legal targets"

a) Charge is not an Attack, it's a Tactical action, therefore Burt cannot shift the target
b) because Burt is the Charge target, he is the only legal Attack target.
>>
>>54857368
There's no rule differentiating tourney play vs regular play beyond strategy and scheme selection and force composition.

Raw is always the way to go. Intent is meaningless
>>
>>54857196
Burt can only shunt attacks to legal targets. Flurry and such only have the one legal target for the generated attacks.

>>54857368
So you're saying you think Burt can use Slippery on attacks generated by Flurry, but not by a Charge?
>>
>>54857470
>Raw is always the way to go. Intent is meaningless
This. Unless the rule is literally non-fuctional RAW, "RAI" tends to do more harm than good.
>>
Some of those Ramos upgrade rumors earlier in the thread sound kind of crazy. There's an opportunity cost of being limited to three upgrades, but damn.
>>
>>54857470
>There's no rule differentiating
You don't need a rule to differentiate.

In casual play, anything goes if your opponent agrees.
>>
>>54852677
If somer, Lenny a slop hauler and two or three slop haulers are the core of every list.

Usually Francois with dirty cheater as the big heavy hitter. Maybe Burt. I take Rami too to snipe sometimes if the board supports it.
>>
>>54858454
That's not casual play, that's illegal play
>>
>>54858686
Oh no. The Malifaux police might arrest us.
>>
So does Wyrd's online shop have the Gencon stuff the day Gencon begins, or?
>>
>>54858800
It will. You will be able to order everything through the course of gencon.
>>
>>54858752
I'd give yourself up right now.
Or your find yourself buried, it's what they do man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVyBG_aNFLE
>>
GG 2018 WHEN ! ?
>>
>>54859369
Playtesting starts right after Gencon.
>>
>>54859458
Will it get posted on the forums so I can play it till I die ? Or will it be closed playtesting ?
>>
>>54859526
Open. I am going to like seeing what they do this time around.
>>
>>54859584
I hope sandeep is going to get penetrated with the new GG :P as he is OP now :P
>>
What do you guys think is the coolest looking fate deck?
>>
>>54861120
Iconic is my bid.
>>
>>54861120
Ink or the one that looks like a regular card deck but faded.
>>
File: Hamelin Crew 1.jpg (314KB, 1500x994px) Image search: [Google]
Hamelin Crew 1.jpg
314KB, 1500x994px
>>54859369
>>54859458
>>54859526
>>54859584
I'm hype.
If only because it will move on the discussion points of "Activation control broken" and "AP generation broken".
I'll be interested to see if it addresses the "Generalist Masters are broken" conversation effectively.

>>54859630
Don't do that.
>>
>>54862283
I mean, if Sanddep is topping more tournaments and he's seeing vastly more play than other Arcanist masters, they need to identify the root of it. If it's just the scheme pool then it's a non issue that will phase itself out, but if it's almost every scheme and strategy combination, then yes the master needs to be nerfed and brought back into line with the other master in the faction. See Som'er
>>
Webstore's down as they prepare for Gencon; do they take Paypal?
>>
>>54865237
Yes.
>>
>>54865378

Thanks
>>
>>54863349
The competitive players for this game are all hacks and try hard copycats. Every big name player was trashing Sandeep when he was released and twiddling their tic tac dicks over how unbeatable Asami and Nellie were.

Fucking pathetic scrubs.
>>
>>54865505

People actually thought Sandeep looked bad on cards? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>54863349
I don't quite understand what it is that makes him so OP. But fuck it, making his summoning require an extra 2 value, or reducing the ability of people to use his abilities by -2 from -1.

Everyone seems to think Sandeep and Reva are too powerful, and new upgrades (including their conflux) are only going to exacerbate that.
>>
>>54865796
I'd get in the nerf sooner rather that later if possible.
>>
>>54865628
Yeah. They laughed, botched about him being a generalist in a game of specialists, bad mouthed his summoning, the works.
>>
>>54865796
He's good at everything, so a skilled player can use him for whatever you need at every given opportunity. He fights, schemes, is crazy fast, durable, lures, shoots, summons, and his whole team can do it all too. A mediocre player gets too many options to use properlyca good player gets the wisest and deepest tool box in the game.
>>
>>54865796
Reva just ignores everything in the game. 21" melee attack that ignores every possible means to defend against it is pretty fucking dumb.

But most good resur players moved on to easier factions.
>>
What day does the sale start?
>>
>>54865992

"But most good resur players moved on to easier factions"?
>>
>>54866020
Ressers is easily the second worst faction ahead of guild in gg17.
>>
>>54865996
Wednesday.
>>
>>54866132

Really? I thought it was Thursday the 17th.
>>
File: Ressurectionists.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ressurectionists.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>54866020
>>54866116
From what a bunch of the top UK guys have said on podcasts, they lack the truly stand-out bullshit that other factions have.
Gremlins have their core seven models that are just better than the rest.
10T have Yasunori, Shadow Emissary and Yu for insane damage delivery.
Arcanists get (got) free VP in marker schemes, and Sandeep summoning.
Outcasts have a bunch of bullshit like Hamelin and A&D.
Not so sure what the bullshit in NEverborn is.

Ressurs just get amazing summoning, but it is heavily location-restricted, and in a game about mobility, they don't quite have enough.
>>
>>54868536
>Not so sure what the bullshit in NEverborn is.
Doppelgangers and nekima
>>
>>54868536
What is Guild bullshit if they have any?
>>
>>54869432
Damage output, which gains you activation control by the end game, which in the current meta of most schemes can score each turn, is useless.
>>
>>54868536
>TT have a 24SS combo for two models so that one can deliver insane damage
Oh no.
>>
>>54870306
Yeah. This is also a problem that the resurs have. They're built for late game, and easily dominate the board turns four and five, but that leaves three turns where their opponent is scoring relatively easily. Their strengths are late game and the current pools force you to score throughout.
>>
>>54872145
This is why I'm pretty stoked for the new horsemen models, they should be able to add a lot of early mobility to slower Resser support pieces.
>>
File: Performer2_zps4v3clbiw.jpg (240KB, 1000x790px) Image search: [Google]
Performer2_zps4v3clbiw.jpg
240KB, 1000x790px
>>54869432
>What is Guild bullshit if they have any?
>>54870306
>Doesn't mention Nellie

Intredasting.

Fortunately, no-one in my local plays her, but from what I've heard she sounds nearly as annoying as Hamelin for activation bullshit, as annoying as Tara for Fast/Slow bullshit, and as annoying as all the other Guild Masters for damage output.
But that could easily just be Twavis Reyforth and co skewing the field.

>>54870592
It's the Levi problem of no proper counter-play it just jumps and kills a thing, but admittedly that is faaaar less bullshit than a lot of the other bullshit.
>>
Deployment: Standard (2T)

Strategy: Guard the Stash / Reckoning (3C)
Schemes: (4T, 2R)

Leave Your Mark (T)
Frame for Murder (R)
Hunting Party (4)
Undercover Entourage (2)
Claim Jump (Always)

Opponent declares: Outcasts

I declare Ten Thunders.
My list goes up at the top of the hour, about 35-40 minutes.
>>
>>54875969
For either strat.

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Jakob Lynch + 4 Pool
- The Rising Sun (2)
- Woke Up With A Hand (2)
- Wanna See A Trick (1)
Hungering Darkness (0)
- Fears Given Form (1)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
Doppleganger (7)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
The Illuminated (7)
The Illuminated (7)
The Illuminated (7)
Beckoner (7)
Terror Tot (4)

Going for hunting party and undercover entourage, or undercover entourage and leave your mark. If the strat is reckoning the I'll just use the Beckoner and Doppleganger to pull stuff into the meat grinder that is Lynch, Huggy and 3 Illuminated. If it's GtS, then Lynch, Huggy, and Illuminated and Dopple will go for one marker while the other 2 Illuminated and the Beckoner will go for the other. Tot will try and sprint up a flank and feint/score LYM.
>>
File: Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg (739KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg
739KB, 1100x700px
>>54875969
The map layout is a bit awkward due to the plants blocking off board access down the West flank and along the South board edge - in the real world I'd probably shove everything except the leafy plants and the wood-roofed building an inch to the East, or push all the plants an inch and a half directly away from the centre of nearest building.

Anyway, list with caveat: My Ten Thunders collection is very limited.

Mei Feng -- 6ss
+Vapormancy - 1ss
+Seismic Claws - 1ss
+Recalled Training - 1ss

Kang - 9ss
+Recalled Training - 1ss
+Hard Worker - 1ss

Mechanized Prokchop - 7ss
Katanaka Sniper - 7ss
Oiran - 5ss
Rail Worker - 5ss
Rail Worker - 5ss
Metal Gamin - 4ss
>>
File: Jacob Lynch Small Crew.jpg (1MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
Jacob Lynch Small Crew.jpg
1MB, 2938x2204px
>>54876453
Who is your Entourage?
I never though of Lynch as a fast Master, and isn't Huggy a bit fragile?

The Illuminated are brick shithouses though, I fucking hate playing against them, and they aren't giving up Hunting Party VP easily either.

Are you a Lynch-main player, or was there a specific reason for him for this (these?) strats?

I feel like I know how my handful of crews work, but I'm piss-poor on general game meta understanding.
>>
>>54876816
Huggy is fragile yeah, but he has 2 ways to heal, and if he "dies" then Lynch just brings him back at full
>>
>>54876816
As for why I took Lynch. He works well in either strat, because his crew scews up in durability and killing power, which is good for both strats to deny/score points. Huggy is a very killly henchman, and Doppleganger is as kill as whatever around her not to mention the Illuminated doing +2 damage is part of their attack, so she gets that as well for min damage 4. The crew as a whole also forces a person into certain schemes if they want to really score them. Hunting Party and Undercover will be a pain against this crew, leaving just Leave Your Mark, Claim jump and Frame. Frame at least I can only give up 2 points if I guess right, but the other 2 schemes I can deny by luring their scheme runner and killing it, and just being in a position to run near their claim markers.
>>
File: katanaka snipers 01.jpg (445KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
katanaka snipers 01.jpg
445KB, 900x670px
>>54876845
Oh, reading up on how The Rising Sun works, that's actually pretty great.
You could pretty easily kill Huggy yourself to ping him up the board if you have a guaranteed kill on a Brilliance'd target.
And I forgot just how much I hate Illuminated - those cards are bonkers.

>>54876685
Kat sniper on any roof laying down fire.
Kang has the option of sitting behind a marker and flinging hot coals through it all game thanks to Hard Worker (ignore Auras and Markers for LoS), while supercharging the crew.
Piggy lays a rail for Mei to score Entourage late-game.
Oiran can pull my stuff up and hopefully drag his stuff into whomping range.
The solid block core just trudge up the middle.

For the second scheme, I think it's either Frame on the Pig (while faking LYM with him) or Sniper, or it's Hunting Party if it looks like they have to put minions forward.
>>
File: Doppelganger.jpg (152KB, 800x394px) Image search: [Google]
Doppelganger.jpg
152KB, 800x394px
>>54877004
The Beckoner looks solid as well, now that I look at her card too.
I guess the clumping-up strats are perfect for spreading Brilliance around and then maximising the work done with it too.

Considering my Rail Workers are still 5ss, they really don't feel like they have comparable resilience or damage output to Illuminated.
And the Oiran needs a Crow to get the Lure off, even if I'm relenting.

In fact, having Huggy free keeps your activations at 8 while bringing a brutally elite squad.
That's pretty cool.
>>
>>54877208
Yeah, Illuminated are pretty great. If I were to do 10T Lynch for that it would look like this:

50 SS Ten Thunders Crew
Jakob Lynch + 2 Pool
- Woke Up With A Hand (2)
- Wanna See A Trick (1)
- Endless Hunger (2)
Hungering Darkness (0)
- Recalled Training (1)
- Equality (1)
Sensei Yu (9)
- Wandering River Style (2)
- The Peaceful Waters (0)
Samurai (8)
- Favor Of Jigoku (0)
The Illuminated (7)
The Illuminated (7)
Terracotta Warrior (5)
Monk Of Low River (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Warrior can switch Endless Hunger for Rising sun on turn one after hugly double walks up and heeds something into range or Sensei Yu makes him fast and pushes him up 10, then he walks, charges and gets 3 attacks. And between the extra healing that Yu and the LRM can bring, it's going to take a lot to kill anyone.
>>
File: Jorogumo.jpg (210KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jorogumo.jpg
210KB, 1024x768px
>>54877518
Grim.

I'm not sure whether I really want to pick up the suite of 'vital' TT push'n'Fast pieces like Yu and the Emissary etc. - I have enough trouble dealing with my options in Arcanists.
If there are two or three sources of huge pushed and Fast on the table all game, I'll just be paralysed. Or start throwing it on stuff at random, and I don't get to play regularly enough at the moment to learn well from sink or swim.
>>
>>54877518
Drop Wanna See a Trick for Addict if you're running two Illuminated. A + to a 4/6/7 damage track is absolutely disgusting. You should also drop the Samurai. That list doesn't need the extra milling since you don't even have discard effects. The Lone Swordsman is a decent replacement since you'll have a much bigger chance at specific suits and can get that reactivate for free a lot of the time. And the one extra attack and one turn of protection the Terracotta Warior gives doesn't measure up to a TTB, especially if you keep the right ace on hand (also allowing you to drop Equality).
>>
File: Performer front.jpg (312KB, 1529x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Performer front.jpg
312KB, 1529x1600px
>>54878287
Samurai gives range that the crew has virtually none of without him, no?
And the crew isn't desperate for another beater to my eye.
>>
>>54878375
At 2/3/4 there's very little point to your range. If it's about hitting at a distance you're better off with a Sniper who's at a + as well and is better at picking off scheme runners for one SS less.
And if I'm playing Lynch my goal will be total annihilation. I've also quite liked Yin with the Terrifying draining their cards vs your consistently stronger hand , Kang vs Ressers, Toshiro for the small buff and extra flips, etc. In an ideal world you'll be able to jam Yasunori in, who mills through the deck like butter. Samurai don't exactly have a lot of value beyond those +++s though, so if you're not running a lot of discard effects there's no point to them.
>>
>>54878287
Wanna see a trick is to give Lynch more protection along with helping to ensure that things are dying. The Samurai helps with that as well as being a durable enforcer with a good melee if it's needed. Terracotta warrior is there for upgrade swapping more than anything else. It allows a deadly no risk alpha strike from Huggy and let's Yu swap upgrades as needed. It can also turn Equality into a second recalled training for huggy. Really all he is is a 5 stone tax on swapping upgrades and ma king Huggy more annoying to kill once. Lone swordsman is more of a liability at only 7 wd and htk, and I don't need any specific thing dead quickly.
>>
>>54878287
Not him, but thanks for the perspective. I have been wanting to switch to Jakob for killy schemes, so I will take your advice and see how it works.
>>
File: Terracotta Warriors.jpg (65KB, 550x481px) Image search: [Google]
Terracotta Warriors.jpg
65KB, 550x481px
>>54878470
Samurai gives you another body that can get in and hit, if the range isn't working?
Certainly tougher than the Snipers.
I don't know.

And I still think the Terracotta Warrior is bent.
>>
>>54879429
They're good but I'd prioritize getting a TTB in. By all means run both but I wouldn't leave Lynch, of all masters, without a TTB.
>>
File: 10T Brother.jpg (217KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
10T Brother.jpg
217KB, 1024x768px
>>54879466
>Lynch, of all masters
Explain?
>>
>>54879537
Whatever ace you decide to keep at the end of the round is the ace that all your TTB can style with. Armor+1, 4 range, more card draw; you pretty much get to pick whatever 0 you like and keep doing it for the rest of the game. And this on top of them being very solid models on their own.
>>
>>54879537
>>54879564
Also the free defensive stance.
>>
File: Wastrels.jpg (314KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wastrels.jpg
314KB, 1000x600px
>>54879564
Oh, I thought you meant there was something they did for him, rather than vice versa.
Yes, any card draw is good with 10TBs.

Wastrels ever get a look in apart from as Yan Lo Chi banks?
>>
>>54879594
Rather than card draw it's the getting the ace back after every action. Assuming a turn with a defensive stance for Df7 and then either Armor or setting your Ml range to 4 and you just lock down everything around you, and all you need for that is having one ace in your hand which you keep in your hand after the activation.
>>
File: Ugly Betty.jpg (174KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ugly Betty.jpg
174KB, 768x1024px
>>54879644
I had missed the +1 Df with Defensive stance.
Fair enough, that's pretty solid.
>>
>>54879466
They're good, but they're not auto include. For what's being done with the crew, they don't make the cut.
>>
>>54879594
I take wastrels with McCabe sometimes, as bravado lets you increase the damage of the glowing saber via critical strike. My proudest moment was shooting one down board and killing Nekima turn one. I don't think they that useful otherwise, but there are worse options for 4ss I guess.
>>
>>54879928
They're slow, and easy to kill some not a common choice, but sometimes a ruthless shoot 5 with a plus flip for 4 stones can be useful.
I always have room a McCabe crew for one, bravado gets so much better with an upgrade attached.
>>
Damn, just realized I meant Favor of Earth instead of Jigoku.

But, more reasons I on why I chose the Samurai. Sure it's only 2/3/4, but it's got a trigger to take the action again and between the milling and hand stacking that can be pretty reliable. I don't have to worry about the 4 recoil damage too much with the terracotta warrior being there and able to soak it for free once a turn. It also has a good attack that ignores armor, and against outcast that could be important(looking at you freikorps and ashen core).
>>
I'm kind of torn. I like Ressers the faction overall, but then I really like some specific segments of Arcanists. A shame they don't cross over as easily as, say, Ressers and Outcasts.
>>
>>54883779
Split the difference, play TT.
>>
>>54883779
Arcanists are kind of each doing their own thing anyways, so depending on which ones you like it's totally fine yo just get 1 or 2 as your second faction once you're good with Ressers.

>>54803752
Trying to get my pal into Malifaux, he likes Lilith and Titania, do their Boxes play alright together? Also what would you pick up with either initially?
>>
>>54884123
They both have decent boxes, with their most lackluster things being their respective totems. Good buys for both of them are Nekima, the Primordial Magic and the Doppleganger. That's a good starting core for both boxes.
>>
>>54884239
The Cherubs only problem is it isn't the Primordial magic, it's amazing otherwise.
>>
>>54884281
Fair point.
>>
File: LilithGroupW1.jpg (110KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
LilithGroupW1.jpg
110KB, 1000x450px
>>54884281
>The Cherubs only problem is it isn't the Primordial magic, it's amazing otherwise.
Preach!
I hate that thing.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.